Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Hotel New York City-Broadway 2 stars

215 West 94th Street, Upper West Side, New York, NY 10025, USA

#384 of 415 hotels in New York

6.1

• Premier Club King Room - Non-Smoking

Not knowing if the room I’m getting has been renovated 10% 50% or 100%. Makes me crazy.

The premier rooms that have been renovated have been nicely done with great finishes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom seemed outdated. The shower curtain had hooks that were broken, the curtain would not stay closed. The toilet paper holder and toilet are right beside the shower so they got soaked every time someone took a shower. I just moved the toilet paper when I took a shower. The tub drain looked dirty, but I think it was just really old.

The staff was very polite. One of the workers helped us get a parking spot on the same street of the hotel instead of having to pay for the parking garage every day. We just had to be gone by a certain time when they were sweeping the streets. One of the sightseeing buses made stops two blocks over so we could hop on and ride it to downtown instead of walking 50 blocks.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

we did not like anything the service are sooo bad and it's dirty we will never come back to this hotel and never recommend.

• Premier Club Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi doesn’t work in rooms. Always asking for extra towels.

Room size bigger than average in NY. Great location for parking free at the street. Near subway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The TV only had 2 working channels and the air conditioner seemed as if it was blowing dirty air. It wasnt clean at all.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

I had to look for the cheaper parking lot by myself.

The hotel’s location is good. It is on the 94th. I walked to the Central Park only for 10 minutes.

- First of all: we paid around 1.600€ for only 3 nights. For this price I expect way more even in NYC!!! - the shower was damaged - the WIFI was not working - the staff was very unfriendly and not helpful at all. Even when they promised us to look out for something or do something they did not. - the room was small and smelly It was an absolute impudence for such a price to offer such an inferior performance. Definitely not recommended.

the only positive thing about this hotel was its location (very central and close to central park and A Line) and the comfy mattress.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Original room was old and horrible even old TV had to upgrade to a better room, which was decent .. Elevator and entrance rug was filthy .. Would not stay again...

Location was great

• Room Selected at Check-In

We booked the room and when we arrived to the hotel they said it wasn’t any booking under my name. The girl at the reception was really rude with us and with other customers as well. They did another booking but for a smaller room and with a different price. The payment of the room was taken before our trip, so we were fine. But after that problem they said that we have to pay because it wasn’t booked. So we did that, and at the end of the trip we check the balance pf the card and it was taken twice. We are still forward to solve this problem.

The bed was really big and comfortable. The position is very good (close to Central Park and the stations of the subway). The room was cleaned every day.

My room wasn't clean.

Wifi never worked since check-in and after check-out. Other guest had the same issue which never was addressed. Front desk agent and maintenance personnel never resolve the issue, we were had there's nothing they can do. Make no sense.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

He hotel is old, raggedy and out of date. Water cracks and burn marks over ge walls and furniture even in the suites.

The front desk clerks Juan and Anthony made up for the poor conditions of the facility

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are vary old fashion the tv is from the 90s asked for battery’s 4 times never got them so I was stuck on one channel my whole stay the sink in the bathroom made a noise when u turned the water on I feel like this is a over priced hotel or it was the room I got idk but I won’t be booking again if I could rate a 0.0 I would

VERY OLD TV AND NO CABLE CHANNELS THEY ONLY HAD 3 CHANNELS WITH BAD OLD TV. ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO UPGRADE THEIR TV AND THEIR OLD MOLDED CARPET TOO PLEASE. THANKS SO VERY MUCH. LOLA HARGRAVE

EXCELLENT STAFF AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Room Selected at Check-In

It’s a very old and rundown property. I stayed in three different rooms while I was figuring out other accommodations, and they were all dusty and dingy with wallpaper peeling, carpet lifting, stained tubs, old furnishings, and I was afraid I’d see bugs at any moment. It’s also a “non-smoking” facility, but every floor and floor and room smells smoky and masked in perfume to hide the smoke smell.

It’s cheap-ish and close to the 1, 2, and 3 trains, so that’s a plus. Free WiFi. Lots of stores and restaurants nearby.

The bathroom is old and the shower curtain didn't completely keep the water off the floor. I had to ask for an iron. It was hot in the corridors outside the rooms and there was no ice. There was built up dust behind the bed. I found that out when something fell there. One lamp did not work even after checking that it was plugged in. It took running the water for at least 7 minutes to get hot water. What a waste!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No was no fridge, mircowave, sheets had spots and the room smelled old. Staff was unaccommdating not friendly or Pleasant being someone who also works in the hospitality Field I found them unwelcoming.

Just the surrounding area

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in a great need for renovation. The elevators we're old, not all buttons werked. The hallways has a strang smell. The room itself had only one visible outlet and not even next to the bed. The Windows had no blackout curtains so the room had full light at six am. The shower was old with lots of rust and age stains.

The location is great (right on the red line station). The beds we're comfortable. The staff we're helpfull and nice

• Room Selected at Check-In

Website advertising inaccurate, not a smoker by facility, no ice machine in entire building.

The front desk staff tried to work with me aside from all the issues.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front Desk charged both debit and credit cards for over $1400. No one could rectify situation till my trip was over. Had No cash for trip due to this. Update those Box Televisions and get current furniture

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We checked in for a two night stay. The sink drain mechanism was broken causing pooling, and the A.C. had an obnoxious rattle which made it difficult to sleep. We made management aware; however, neither repair was made upon our return. Our request to be moved to a more suitable room was denied...twice!

The female manager was apologetic at check-out and gave us 30% off for our troubles.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All elevators and hallways are dirty. Coffee maker not working. TV very old. Someone should always be outside the front entrance to direct traffic...had to wait long because someone parked unnecessarily blocking the entrance.

• Premier Club Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First off, I was told there was free breakfast from the answering prompt. There was no breakfast at all. Room was very small but I expected that being in NY. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. Lastly, I got charged more than $50.00 for my stay for no reason. I am currently trying to work it out with the staff as to what the reason the rate was changed. Also strong odor of marijuana was in lobby and floors.

Finger prints on walls, hold in bathroom door, no fridge, no microwave anywhere on premises, old television, no ice machines working, musty carpets, rusty bath tub and used toilet paper.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are dated and old and not at all the pictured room we thought we had booked, they do not provide breakfast at this property even though it says they do an “exceptional breakfast” on booking.com

The Area is good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

said it had free breakfast included but when i arrived there was no breakfast (false advertising). arrived to find one of the beds had dirty sheets, asked for them to change but they didn’t, only the next day when housekeeping came was when the sheets were changed. and coffee pot was not working.

It was at a good location

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Placed in Manhattan but the area was rather slums like, dirty, i would be afraid walking there alone at night. The hotel is quite old, everything seems to be cleaned up but still really old. Weird smell in the room of cleaning products (chlor mostly), old and disgusting rug on the floor - even though it was cleaned up i didnt want to touch it with my feet. The bathtub was rusty in some places...(for 140$ a night) Towels and sheets white and clean. Old TV with 2 channels plus 3rd one snowy. I would rather stay in shared hostel room then be back here.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My third stay in 3 consecutive years, because room and location okay. But bitterly disappointed that ice machines, which are needed instead of fridges, were this year non-existent. Despite getting a card that tells us what floors for ice, one machine isn't there anymore and the other floor's wasn't working. Despite management telling staff it would be fixed, it wasn't working long before my arrival and never during my 2 and a half week stay. As usual, the front desk staff, day and night, are friendly and very helpful. But as usual, the other downstairs staff (concierge, porter) always seem very unhappy, never initiate a smile or a hello and act as if you don't exist unless you approach them. Even then a hello has been ignored. I've returned despite this unprofessionalism because the desk people are excellent. However, a lack of ice machine might have me looking elsewhere despite the great location.

The position close to subway and variety of shops and facilities

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

After seeing the room looked nothing like the pictures on booking I was a little mad because it is not the first time booking.com photos has mislead property rooms.. I planned to pay cash before check out and they decided to run my card at 8am and tell me I checked out already, as I was walking to the counter to do so. Really terrible communication with staff.

The location was the only likebale thing, and there were many other hotel options I should have looked into..

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No wi-Fi, ice machine out of order and soda machine also out of order, no blanket, charged per day for a room safe that was unuse-able, no hot water and only 5 channels on the tv.

The location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy, the bathroom had mold growing all around the ceiling, the bathtub was clogged and the wallpaper was peeling and the furniture and carpet was very old and outdated. When I asked to change the room they refused. After 3 days I showed them pics of the room with the mold and told the front desk that I was a frequent visitor to their hotel and that I was not happy and the front desk staff were not helpful or apologetic. They said they had a better room but that it would cost $50 a day more.

The location we chose because it was close to our daughters school columbia University.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

THIS property is not at all what I expected. We were meant to get at least a queen size bed, got a small very old double bed, room was extremely old, ripped wall paper, dirty in the bathroom, water took forever to work and the wifi didn’t work. Staff was ok besides one who always had no idea.

• Premier Club Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed this time. I frequently stay at this when when I am in town and usually have a nice clean room and staff are usually accommodating. This time however the room was dirty, had not been upgraded as other rooms had been and there was a serious mold and mildew problem in the bathroom. The bathtub would not drain properly, and the toilet seat was peeling. This was the worst room I have ever stayed in. It should not have been rented to anyone for the condition it was in. It took three days for them to offer a change of room and I still had to pay $50 Ezra per day for the change. The staff on this stay was not pleasant or helpful at the front desk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was writing in the closet, hair and dust balls in the bathroom, walls were grungy, place reeked of cigarette and marijuana smoke. Place was sketchy and neighborhood was awful. Some stranger tried to make me walk him 2 blocks down to "charge his phone". The place was so bad, both my husband and I broke down crying. We have a 3 year old and the place said child friendly. There were 6 prostitutes who came in when we did. Try explaining to your daughter why they're wearing so little clothing.

Absolutely nothing.

• Premier Club King Room - Non-Smoking

he service is so bad. when i requested them for the wifi which is included in the room rate which i can't get connected. nobody came and help even tho they promised to sent someone. the front desk service staff is the most un helpful lot. really bad and to pay for the room rates at this price is ridiculous

NO THING AT ALL

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My greeting was very bad I have never experienced that kind of greeting the receptionist ignored me and waited on the person behind me just never acknowledged me standing exactly in front of him witch was discrimination I have stayed heree many times this is awful I really wish I could report that man

Location is very good and the beds are comfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No ice machine no blankets dirty remote smelled like drugs everywhere on each floor felt like a shelter there was no WiFi only 5 channels on the tv, and when I called them directly very rude spoke to Matthew it was horrible they need to be taken off the hotel site feel like I was scammed and taken advantage of for the price of such a dirty etablishment there were dope fiends in the lobby, horrible is a compliment it was the worst I ever experienced at a hotel. This is not Days inn smh it’s days hotel the name is wrong on the booking site as well. To be partnered with that type of company the standards are low peeling ceilings dirt and grime in corners it’s unreal that they can falsely advertise like this it’s not right

There was nothing to like except Anthony at the front desk he was pleasant

The wifi was unavailable during my entire stay. The tv worked poorly and had only three local stations. There was no blanket in the room and i was too tired to deal with reception because the woman there had been rude when i enquired about the lack of internet connection. The room was not in good repair - broken knobs on furniture etc.

There were no bugs.

The hotel is dated and you could see that in the state of the rooms. The carpet was worn down and the bathroom looked out of date.

Check in and check out was quick and easy. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Wifi didn't work at room Front desk to much time to solve a simple problem like having an extra blanket in a cold day without calefactor...

The building style. The neighborhood. The restaurants and markets open 24 hours. The subway one block near.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

SOLITARY hotel ICE MACHINE "WAS BROKEN" and NEVER fixed in 5 day stay! Met a guest who carried ice bucket to cafe across the street to get ice! TRY...NEW MACHINE? Old building with very WARM hallways and room. OLD window A/C was ineffective & DUCK tape install! Tile floor bathroom, but NEVER a bath mat despite repeated requests. Several requests for extra towels NEVER delivered. Only 3 draws, but 1 without a knob to open it! Sign in bathroom suggested conserving water by using towels more than once, BUT NO TOWEL RACK other than the small shelf for clean towels. Door hinges sprung, difficult to open. Hefty Security DEPOSIT of OVER $27 DAILY CHARGED AT CHECK IN! NOT REFUNDED until 3-5 Business days after check out!?!

Only ONE Staff person was satisfactory and helpful when needed. Location on Broadway & subway was nearby. The "Corner Cafe" across the street was TERRIFIC and very handy! Cleopatra's Needle was a great restaurant/Jazz Club nearby.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Disinterested staff; dirty, worn, faded carpets; Hand basin stopper didn't work; Ancient TV had 3 channels only; No bath mat, then provided, then taken away again; Room phone not working and not fixed despite request to do so; window blinds damaged and difficult to work. Doors, skirtings,furniture and fittings old, damaged and badly in need of repair, repainting or replacement.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was like the hell. The bed was so old, and it feels like there was a groove on the matress when you lied on to it.

Location was great. It was right next to the subway station.

• Premier Club Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The general condition is old and run down. The hallways swelled of cigar smoke, the carpets are rundown and they don’t get vacuumed. Guests on my floor were very loud, shouting and playing music well past midnight.. Room size very small, no Mimi fridge.

The daily cleaning service was good, bathroom was always cleaned and restocked.

Facilities could be better. Some furnitute was really old and dameged and it can be repaire by the service. The Door Service was not so good at the entrance. If you have full of Bagggage and they are not possible to open the door for. than it is better to look for a another job.

This place has seen better days- seriously in need of cleaning and updating. The carpet was dirty. There are no curtains- only mini blinds so the sun came pouring in early in the morning. There's no bedspread only a sheet and very thin blanket. Our room safe didn't work and you literally had to slam our room door to get it to close. The ice machine was broken and there was no ice available anywhere in the building.There was no TV remote and we got 3 channels!!!

The location was perfect for us- close to family we were visiting and easy subway access.

Rooms were disgusting. Had from desk change our first room because AC didn’t work, tub badly stained, holes in carpet and wallpaper falling off walls. Second room a little better but still issues. Lamp missing bulbs, old TV with terrible reception and hole in bathroom wall.

Nothing. It was an awful hotel. What a ripoff!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I got, looked like it was a crime scene. Doors were scratched and the rugs looked like from a hunted house. Finding the room felt like a mission since there was no signs and it was the missing puzzle piece. I was afraid of even getting into the bed or using the coffee maker.

They upgraded my room when I got there because it did not meet my expectations. I was very happy about that.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was denied the transfer of rooms because they were all booked- until I asked for my money. Then all of a sudden they had rooms available. The rooms smelled, the bed looked unwashed, the furniture was outdated especially their 1960 carpet, that they do not vacuum (room or lobby) the elevators were disgusting and the button didn’t work. The bath tub was black just disgusting. The blinds didn’t work properly or the ac. The bathroom floor was sticky. It was by far the most disgusting hotel we have ever stayed in!!

• Room Selected at Check-In

Filthy, old, unfriendly staff. Need I say more.

The hotel is disgusting. The photos ABSOLUTELY DO NOT depict the hotel. The hotel is filthy the rooms are old and filthy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room had a dirty, blood stained shower curtain that we asked to be replaced; and it was. There was a "soft" floor from the room to the bathroom that made crossing this area tricky.

The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Rooms need to be updated. On the plus side the hotel is near the subway..

The bed was awful.. The mattress had springs popping. No fridge in room. Ice machine broken. Only had one staff member at desk and there was always a line. I was disappointment as Days Inn usually are nice hotels.

• Premier Club Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room updates are needed. Atleast the one I stayed in. For the price I was as hoping they would have breakfast but they didn't. Would probably choose another one that had been updated a bit more

Very nice location, some updates to the property but needs more. Overall decent stay.

Hotel is very old and unkept- rooms are not the cleanest.

Very good location- close to the Central Park and many stores and restaurants. Staff was very pleasant and friendly.

• Premier Club Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There is nobody to take your bags and the elevator was dirty and very small

The place was not clean at all. The staff were not very helpful and finally it is the worst hotel i had stayed in and do not go there people

• Room Selected at Check-In

Very very old rooms, furniture, tv, doors. They are not the same quality as on the pictures. Smell of smoking weed - everywhere. Dirtiness all over the hotel. Hotel should charge less for that conditions.

Very close to subway, nice bed and mattress, very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed size we booked was a queen however upon arrival it looked more like a double. It would be understandable had the room been very small but it was quite spacious for New York standards and could easily fit a standard queen bed.

The location is ideal with subway stations close by. There are many options for food as well within walking distance. The hotel has a decent size room and bathroom, and is kept clean by the staff daily. They would replenish our towels and toiletries daily as well.

The staff and managers downstairs are rude.They charged my card without telling me and denied it until I found out.housekeepers don't understand stand English. they threw my stuff out that wasn't garbage.ice machine never works.

The soda machine

No microwave available in the whole building for guest to use. The television is older with no hdmi outlets to link laptop/phone/game system etc. and it was cold

Location was a plus. I like the staff and the price wasn’t too high

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were not friendly at all and 3 times we witnessed other customers complaining and the staff didn’t seem to care . I ordered a queen room and it was tiny

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms need updating, no Ice machine and no fridge in the room. Not really a hotel feel. The people were very friendly though. just very disappointed in the size of the room and the oldness - there were locals living in the hotel as a house which is very strange.

The people were very friendly and the location is great and in a safe part of town.

Very worn. AC did not work, room phone did not work. After one visit to the desk and two written notes, still did not work. We had no information that anything was done. The sink in bathroom drained very slowly but that was fixed. Sheets had tears.

Location was good for us

• Premier Club Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room we got was small, very dark (one window) and it smelled aweful (like somebody smoked in it b4). We did raise our concerns and got different room which was better. Then they gave other guests same room and they just walked in because they had a key to our room. No hot water one day, just luke warm.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Dated, dirty, in need of painting, bathroom fixtures rusty and leaking, noisy from people singing in the street all night with disgruntled and bored employees. Horrible value for money even for NYC

Bed relatively comfortable, area quite central and safe(ish) to walk around - that's about it. We only stayed one night due to issues with another booking and that was more than enough

The first room we were put in was absolutely disgusting. The floor was spongy. It felt like u could fall through it. Everything was outdated. TV only had 2 channels and there was paste all over the walls. We had asked for a fridge and it didn’t work. We lost 2 meals! After complaining, we were upgraded and even though that room was better, it was not clean. Old towels from previous guests behind the bathroom door and a half used toothpaste container. The hairdryer fell apart in my hands.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very old dingy & rooms need MAJOR upgrades. Dirty worn out carpet & floor actually had a hole or big sagging spot. Scared to walk barefoot. Everything needs updated. Bathroom had mold spots on ceiling, rusty metal door-type plates in shower & another wall. Was afraid to know why they were there. This was WORST hotel I’ve ever stayed in. Shame since location was great & staff was friendly. Owner needs to spend $$$ on this place. Upper West side Manhattan should be MUCH nicer.

Location was great

My room was rented to someone else while I was still in the room. I was sleeping and literally someone was attempting to unlock and open my door.

• Premier Club Double Room - Non-Smoking

If you loose or forget behind stuff keeps it. Dirty rooms.

Location and Juan help me feel comfortable and kept calm about front desk lady who lost my Id and credit card. Had to get police involved

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I've stayed here twice now and everything is fine. Clean room. Close to the train and lots of food options in area right outside the door. Clean room and friendly front desk. Typical older NYC hotel.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Things were either broken or worse than goodwill quality. Blinds, lamp shades, light fixtures, all broken. furniture all very old and falling apart and very beat up , carpet old and orange . One day no blankets, one day no wash cloths, one day no toilet paper. No ice machines worked...

Location great

Bathroom for King Size Suite could’ve definitely been bigger , booking.com kept canaceling my reservation so when I got there to check in I had to pay the hotel price and not booking.com price. Couldn’t find where the ice machine was , not that many useful signs in the hotel for guidance.

Very big room , staff were nice & about 3-4 elevators so you weren’t just waiting for 1

I didn't like I paid for a KING size bed and got a queen. I booked here once before and it was alot cheaper. I guess you're really gambling with this hotel you'll never know what kind of room you're going to get

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WiFi very slow in room, room was very old, worn carpet, and paint peeling on the walls. TV mounted way too high on wall. Shower temperature was warm, not hot.

Good access to the red line subway at 96th St. Great breakfast diner around the corner.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Tired hotel. Maze like narrow corridors made finding room a puzzle. Room was small and sparse and faced brick walls. Carpet was stained. Sad.

There was no ice in the building and we were told all machines were out of order. There were also no working drink machines. There was something sticky on the drawers and handles of the TV cabinet. This hotel is successful based on location only. They were not accommodating.

The beds were comfortable and room was not bad for New York City.

oh my GOD where to weigh that what I do not like, first they want the deposit of the first night that is that $ 213 then for the second night they charged $ 240 and they ask for another one of $ 27 for each night that supposedly mind They charge the day that arrives, but when they arrive they do not tell you that they will charge a whole lot more than $ 300 almost $ 350 for two nights that is too much, not hot water you have to let the shower run for more than Meadia hour to have hot water, the room very cold at midnight, the rooms have a very odd holor

just the bed