Reviews of Clarion Inn & Suites 2 stars

1204 S Main Street, Cedar City, 84720, USA

#22 of 24 hotels in Cedar City

Twice my key didn't want to open the room door so I had to go to the office and get a new one

The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The pool area and pool were clean. It was very enjoyable stay definitely will be staying here again

we stayed twice, four days apart and on the second night noticed things that needed done that hadn’t been done between our stay. A hallway needed swept and mopped. Nothing that would keep us from coming back.

Staff was super helpful! Updated rooms and a guest laundry facility!

We liked staying there just didn’t like finding a little bit of food under a chair near the bed and really didn’t like seeing that cover that goes on the top of the bed had not been changed was wrinkled from previous occupant and there hair was on the top cover. I have worked at a hotel and know everything they don’t do or don’t do such a good job on so that they can get the rooms cleaned fast. And the employees are told that if the top cover looks like it needs to be changed then change it and the comforter the same thing.

The staff is really nice love the breakfast and it is quiet there.

We had to leave to get to where we were going.

The staff went above and beyond to make my wife and myself feel welcome and like we were with old friends.

Checked in at 3:30pm Friday. After dinner and a trip to the spa, I laid my old tired mind and body down on the bed for a good nights sleep around 10pm. I was woken up at 11:45pm by a call on my cell, then my room phone from the hotels guy at the front desk asking if I had checked in and that I needed to give him a credit card number for my stay. I told him that upon check in I provided that information. He disagreed, stated that as the reason for the two calls, and again asked for my credit card info. I told him (fully awake at this time) that I would take care of it in the morning. I said goodnight and hung up. The next day the front desk confirmed that they had all necessary information, told me that the guy that works nights is in college, and put a request in their computer for the hotel managers (Lori - Rex) to call me regarding the incident. I have not received any call and it has been 7 days. What a shame...such a nice place to stay, but no apologies.

Everything except the night front desk staff. Breakfast was good, room was excellent. Things were new and comfortable. Spa was just right.

The hot water was sparse, and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner ...

The cook for breakfast was just the nicest - he was very concerned about the impression we had of the food, he was great to talk with. he made great suggestions and took a great deal of pride in his work product and the presentation of the food. I wish I could remember his name :-)

We were very happy with our stay

RANDY that worked in the kitchen was excellent. He helped make our stay very comfortable. You are very lucky to have him as an employee. The day he did not work the breakfast was not as good and the workers were not as friendly. He actually made our stay fun.

Breakfast ? This hotel is not as nice as the Clarion in St George. Rooms are older. No elevator had to carry luggage upstairs. The garbage from the earlier guest was not emptied, room smelt like stale beer.

Friendly staff, location, comfortable beds

Nothing really. Nice place.

The extra large King size bed was wonderful. Friendly staff. Great Breakfast. Good WIFI. Easy access to the interstate and lots of restaurants close by. Beautiful town!

Room "odor" was a little strong, like that of an old motel, but the modern renovations made up for it ; )

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, on site bistro was delicious and free breakfast was plentiful and amazing!

Beds were hard. The AC would not regulate temperature and turn off so I was blowing the whole night.

Nice new decor in the room. Room was clean and updated.

I was a Little worried when we drove up and saw that the doors open to the outside . I usually avoid hotels like this but it was no problem and the room was very nice .

The outside hallways and doors were dirty. Rooms were clean. I was worried about what the room would be like when we got to the door. Good buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Staff was extremely polite and accommodating. Remodeling was going on so staff were going out of their way to accommodate as best they could. This will be a wonderful place to stay once the remodel is complete.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The pool and gym were closed due to all the remodeling, unfortunately the website did not mention that. We had to drive to another neighboring hotel to use theirs (thankfully that hotel was working with ours to let us use their facilities).

Staff was very helpful :)

Construction going on just added to dirt. Keys to room would take several tries to work. Sink wouldn't drain. Had to brush teeth and spit into toilet. When using toilet, toilet paper was positioned anout 4 feet from the toilet. Impossible to use. Had to wash hands in bath tub. Complimentary breakfast was in office. Room to eat had 1 table and 4 chairs. Had to take food back to room. No tray to help with that. All in all, very disappointing. Won't stay there again. Won't recommend it to friends.

Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Place was under construction. Room were missing show curtains, paint peeling from walls, tile falling off in bathrooms, office was out of a room converted to office and breakfast area only could occupy 3 people. Discusting!!!!! If I was able I would have eaten the cost and found something else. If it wasn't 1 in the morning.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No spa, Toilet overflowed, breakfast was bad, cold coffee, construction mess everywhere. We cancelled.but had to stay somewhere, since it was late and we were tired.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Don't be fooled by the nice exterior. My queen room appeared to be furnished with old yard sale furniture. Wall paint was dented, chipped and nasty. The blood-red, dingy carpet was simply weird. Overall, not a good value. I won't stay here again.

The sheets were clean and the shower worked.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Motel under construction. Room filthy. Food on table , doors covered in dirt & grime. I tried to clean them off . Carpet dirty. Bed and headboard were not the right size. Overall a discusting room. Desk clerk in the morning didn't even look up from her cell phone or ever acknowledge I wa there. Should have been told motel was under construction.

The girl who checked us in. Was the only positive thing about this stay

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room none of the lights worked. Moved to second room. Rooms are dated and old. Construction in progress was noisy the nextt morning

Convenient location

Carpet was filthy. Bathroom had mold growing in it. Tub was dirty. Smoke alarm was missing. Hotel structure was in disrepair. They charged WAY too much for this room. The only reason we stayed here was because we couldn't find another room in town for the Shakespeare Festival.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

"Hey!", was our greeting. Loud, noisy thru out the night. Room was not clean....had to peel cover off because it had white something on it. Hair in bathroom, dust everywhere and needed vaccuming. F-.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

No street numbers in the whole town, including the motel, made finding the place difficult at night. The general condition of the place was not acceptable: it's worn or ill-maintained.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

wifi was terrible, really slow Breakfast was ok, but can be really crowded, so that you don't always have a seat/table

Nice king size bed, room had everything you need Location is great if you want to go to Bryce and Zion, since it sits right in the middle. Cedar City has everything you need

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

AC didn't work in our room... Thankfully, they kindly switched us and didn't charge extra. Breakfast area/line was too crowded--not enough tables. Decor needs an improvement... 😃

Nice staff...

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

The exterior was dirty. There was a large garbage can right next to the building that was extremely smelly. The room wasn't very clean. The breakfast was one of the worst I've experienced in a while.

Good location in Cedar City

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Property owner has let this property slide. Grounds were overgrown and weedy. Furniture very old and stained. Room smelled of moldy feet. Property is in severe need of update Worst thing was our bed sheets were soiled. Obviously had not been changed

Staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Unsafe concrete balconies falling apart. Squeeky shower floors. Poor breakfast, badly organized, only carbs, small stale pastries. Employees who were clueless. Dirty dirty carpet in the room. Price way too high. A disgrace to the Day's Inn name.

What eggs?

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

It was so crowded there's nowhere to sit, the space does not accommodate the number of guests. Everyone's on top of each other so you have to wait too long to get what u want. Poor front desk gal has to handle it all herself. Refilling milk, and cups and taking care of overflowing garbage. You need someone dedicated to the kitchen space in the morning and put two different stations for the waffle iron.(not next to each other 2 at each station) there's your solution!;) you're welcome!

Variety of options

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The front desk person left me waiting for a long time before he came to check me in without saying a word to me. The room was bad... bath tub didn't drain, the coffee maker didn't work, the apartment was dirty and the AC was so loud we could barely sleep. The only reason why i stayed was bc it was a last minute booking and we couldn't cancel when I saw the actual facility vs what it was shown in the pictures. Plus it was really really late and after being on the road for 12 hours we didn't want to go through the hassle of looking for a different place. very disappointing. The next morning when i told the front desk about the issues in the room they said "we'll have a look" but nothing else. Do not recommend.

nothing.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

There is as a leak from the ceiling. The shower faucet hot and cold was backwards I couldn't take a shower cause the water never turned warm and we were in a hurry. The table trim was in need of repair. The walkway surface was broken and crumbling. There wasn't an ice machine on the top floor. Paying over $100 for the room was way too much. I feel we should have paid under $50 for the quality of room we had. We would not stay there again.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

No meat or eggs for breakfast. We had dirty sheets on bed and couldn't use the bed. However, they did change sheets when asked. Curtains had to be fixed so they would close.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

The bed was kind of lopsided. I felt like I could roll off. There was a hole in the carpet which made it feel like it wasn't as clean as it should be. We had a hard time figuring out the air conditioning.

It was good to have a hot breakfast.We would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Could hear every word the couple outside our room was saying at 1:00am. Air conditioner was loud and kept waking my husband up when it cycled off and on.

Our room was upstairs at the back. It was very quiet. The room was fairly clean except the carpet had a few things left on it. I don't think it had been vacuumed carefully (it had been vacuumed though).

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and only two minutes away from I70. Complementary breakfast is good, just the perfect spot for a break on your way through the Southwest!

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

The rooms are not that great clean wise. Went to the pool and there was a bunch of sand at the bottom of the hot tub that you didn't know was there until you get in it. Not impressed. For 10 bucks more I could have & should have gotten a different hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

The breakfast, I know its only continental, but not that great. The beds were not very comfortable . They were to stiff. The staff was not very friendly.

The pool and hot tub was great! The location is fantastic! The prices are good.

Stayed in May 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was wonderful.

Breakfast was the best; anything and everything was included. Staff was pleasant and location was perfect.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was great

Staff, pool and spacious rooms

The breakfast buffet was incredible.

Nada

Quiet and close to everything. The staff was helpful and gracious. Easy to get a light supper right on location.

Price

Staff is pleasant and helpful,room was clean and felt safe.

Spacious and clean

Close to Hwy, and food.

Wash outside sidewalks

Beds were too high for me, don't care for heavy comforters

Quiet heating unit, accepted our pet, access to highway.

Not too much traffic, convenient and clean property. Not too far from the freeway too.

Clean and quite

Everything goid

Easy access especially to take my pet in. Friendly Staff

My room a little cleaner...

It was good for the price and worth it... Love the water with cucumbers and fruit in it. The breakfast was very good

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom floor needed mopping. Spilled urine on floor. Hot water nonexistent in shower.

Breakfast was good.

It was comfy and much needed after a long day of driving.

Organized

Clean and friendly

Power outage

Dirty hot tub

Love the room and location

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Very enjoyable

The rooms were not ready . unclean construction unfinished,Staff was the only good part.

clean the room, vacuum the flooring.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

They were under construction

It was a great place

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The remodel was a mess our room wasn't swept after the tub replaced.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The hotel is umder construction.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

They gave us a room that hasn't been cleaned. Showers with mildew. No toiletries. Breakfast was awful. No amenities open.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The staff was very nice and helpful The room was clean and comfortable The location was very convenient

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom floor was dirty look like they sweep ever thing in the room in to the bathroom and try to hide it behind the toilet

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was not clean, sheets had hair on them. Shower in morning never got warm.

Was somewhat dirty a few things were broken in room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Need more gluten free options

The room hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Also there was old food stuck in the sink drain.

The location was great so was the staff.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Most everything - the room was awful - you could see the floor had not been cleaned and I could leave fingerprints from the dust - awful place.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything! I sent a message to customer service. I hope I get a response about my complaints.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The sheet had feces stain on it. There was only one cup for coffee and no glasses

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

A kittie pricy

Almost a 10

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

No comments

Nice indoor pool. Breakfast included. Clean, Quiet and a pleasant overnight . Good overnight on way back to Las Vegas

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The room had a musty smell