Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Long Beach City Center 2 stars

1500 East Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90806, USA

#27 of 60 hotels in Long Beach

The separate bedrooms, and plenty of parking.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was over a school yard, and the front bedroom did not have air conditioning.

The separate bedrooms, and plenty of parking. Also, two televisions, one in each room.

Bang for your Buck
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You may not be a fan of the noise of vehicles passing on Pacific Coast Highway... but some rooms don't have a window that's facing PCH, so noise won't be a problem in those rooms.

There's plenty of ways to get here via mass transit and easy to avoid traffic to drive to here from most areas. Located near a great Café, a deli, CVS, 7-Eleven (sort of), car wash, laundromat, and 2 of the cheapest gas stations you'll find in much of Southern California.

It was truly amazing thanks to Long Beach I will be seeing alot off Southern California!!!

I liked everything!!!

The staff was excellent and they made sure we had all the attractions and other activities to do. The rooms were very clean will definitely be staying in again and again!!!

There were people partying until late in the room next to us.

There were people partying until late in the room next to us. We called to the reception and asked if they could do something about it. Nothing happened. We needed to wake up early next morning, so it was very hard for us.

I liked that it was located near the airport and the staff...

I had maintenance issues in my room (a water leak). The breakfast included doesn’t offer any type of protein and there was an issue with the electrical outlets that left the toaster, microwave, coffee maker, and juice machine without power. They eventually got it up and running.

I liked that it was located near the airport and the staff was friendly.

staff difficult at times.

staff difficult at times. would not let me husband check us in as I was in a meeting, yet would not check us in early when i was present. housekeeping smoked a lot and would pound on the door in the morning trying to clean. could have stayed somewhere better for the same price.

The staff were very helpful, the room was clean and had...

The tub needs to be reglazed and the toilet seat was worn.

The staff were very helpful, the room was clean and had beautiful flooring. It was very close to where I needed to be and the price was extremely reasonable.

Book sooner

I got about 7 bites on my leg while I was asleep, bathroom window had some mold

It was close to wherr I needed to be, it had a microwave and fridge, bed was comfotable

It sucked.
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

The neighbor was up all night playing loud music, the cops showed up and didn’t do anything about it, i had to check out early because I couldn’t sleep.

I would book here again
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

we could have used a shower chair.

the bed was extremely comfortable!!!. everything was very clean. We used the fridge freezer microwave and coffee maker all worked fine!

Very Rude and Unacomadating
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The only thing that I liked is that it was clean. The staff was very rude. I asked for a smoking room and when I asked for an ash tray, They never brought it

Won’t stay there again.

Not going to stay there again. I booked 3 rooms and they were scattered across the place instead of together. The one room was horrible and smelt like weed. It was not a good location. Not safe for kids in my mind. Expensive for what we were thinking it was. Don’t plan on ever staying at this location.

Minor cosmetic repairs that are noticeable.

N\a

Minor cosmetic repairs that are noticeable. Close to streets, you can hear traffic. Not a major issue for me, however, my room was near a daycare or school, could hear children playing like in the back yard.

Not bad for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The town is rough and it is super noisy outside. I recommend bringing ear buds for sleeping.

The rooms were large, the bathroom was large, each bed had its own room and it’s own tv. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Check out was easy!

It was nice for the night we stayed

My only critique was that a family checked in next door with a baby. The poor thing cried at the top of his/her lungs for 30-45 minutes straight while I was trying to fall asleep. The cried again early in the morning. That was a little frustrating. Maybe next time put a family with a baby away from the guests without kids.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and big.

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful.

Upon arrival we found that one of the towels in the bathroom had a large, dirty handprint on it. (The lady at the desk brought us a clean one.) The noise from the street traffic was much louder than we expected- the room must have very little insulation and cheap windows. It sounded like we were in the street.

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful.

This was my first bad stay with booking.com
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The picture on booking was misleading. On the picture it said you have a sauna bathtub in your room that why I pick this room for that prices. This place is not wroth this amount of money. Second I had always In past Four years use booking to get A room this the First time I was lock into a reservation that I could change.

It was a noisy, kind of scary, location. Wish I would have been more familiar with the area.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't really provide breakfast like I hoped. It was very noisy. I was startled awake 5 times throughout the night. Since I was extremely tired and my vacation day had to get cut short.

The reception lady did help us find a good place to have pizza near by.

Friendly staff

Flat pillows. Loud drunk couple arguing in the room next door one night.

Staff was friendly. Located across the street from the beautiful Long Beach City College Campus. Good value for your money.

The staff helped when asked, they helped out when possible,...

Cleanliness could be better. Simple things like the bed board could use a wipe from people's handprints, surfaces needed dusting, and one of the pillows had a bunch of hairs. A few minutes to detail check the room could go a long way.

The staff helped when asked, they helped out when possible, and the location was close to popular areas in Long Beach.

Unsafe, loud, dirty.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I have stayed here before, but this time I felt unsafe and like I was staying at a 2 start location. The bed did not even have a comforter. I was loud with patrons yelling, people were outside my door about 50% of the time. Bathrooms were hideous and grimy. Stains on carpet and very poorly kept.

WiFi

Comfy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast stopped serving a little to early with 2 kids I need extra more time they should serve until 10

Beds where so comfortable and the room felt so cozy!

It was nice - we may stay there again
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The tv was a little confusing so I had to ask the front desk. They did help & mentioned they get that a lot.

The room was comfortable & the staff was friendly

I don’t think I’d stay there again. I’d pay more for a more comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The noise was almost unbearable. The street was never quiet, it was right by a busy strip mall, and the patrons were making noise most of the night.

To be quite honest, I booked this site due to the fact they have smoking rooms.

The only issue was, they need to update the photos for the...

The only issue was, they need to update the photos for the restrooms, I honestly thought I was gonna get a good tub to be able to relax in but the picture threw me off, maybe my fault as well I’m to not finding out first but over all a perfect stay.

Not horrible but also not worth the price. Just beware you’re getting low end
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

While the fire in was nice it was worn and dirty. The mirrors were worn and tattered. The coat rack was falling off the wall. The walls were paper thin and I heard everything from my neighbors for the night. The neighborhood is not what you think of when you go to Long Beach and think of city center. It’s not horrible neighborhood but it is a little more than colorful. The parking is not much more than a pack of gum as well. It’s a small room. Oh and the breakfast was non existent. I went in twice and there was only two versions. The pastries promised were non existent. No juice either. I figured I could have quelled the cost I paid for this room in the neighbood I was in and the condition of the room with a free breakfast but no dice. It’s not worth $124. It’s ore like a nice hours rate motel. Just beware you don’t get what you pay for but get a little something more than a no name motel in the area with an in room hot tub. You have to bring some ambient noise to cancel out the noise your neighbors make at night when you’re ready to sleep. While your awake it’s annoise competition though so as long as you’re making noise too, you should be okay.

The hot tub in the room was very very nice. It was a great way to relax and set the room with my wife. But the room was not even close in size to what they said and didn’t look like the pictures at all. It’s nice but felt more sleepy than romantic.

Met our needs
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was typical American with so much waste on throw away plates etc. A little disconcerting to see the room charge and another much larger charge on my credit card which was not readily explainable. It has since been refunded but I am talking $500 AUD. Not acceptable.

I didn’t match the rating on its website.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The traffic was loud and so were the people walking by the room. The shower curtain was hanging on barely. The floor was super wet after shower. No vent in the shower. Smelled like mildew. Beds weren’t comfy. They squeaked with every move. Dirty hand prints on walls and doors.

The distance to the venue we were attending. And clean sheets on bed.

No privacy.

The service (front desk, maids, etc). not nice, the bathroom was not clean, the bed was uncomfortable.. The maids will literally barge into your room without knocking. The front desk people were not friendly. The breakfast is awful.

It had a hot heater.

• Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

The walls are thin, the staff didn’t know what they were doing, gave us a room that wasn’t even clean and had to wait for4 mins. Didn’t let us check in early

Close to where we wanted to be
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed had a protective sheet under that you could hear crinkle while laying in bed. Cable for tv had one channel and WiFi was week, kept kicking us off. Bath was stained and looked unclean. Bed was cold with basically no blanket but a sheet, happy I had an extra blanket in the car. Our quiet morning was interrupted by 830 am vaccum cleaning. We arrived after midnight and when asked for late check out, only given 30 minutes more. Our room was called exactly at 1130 to remind us to get out, very rude staff. I felt an unwelcoming energy from the front desk staff and will not be staying here again.

Close to where we wanted to be

We enjoyed our stay completely.

The bathroom did not match the picture on the website.

The customer service was exceptional. The receptionist and housekeeper responded to my request immediately. Check out was a breeze.

last resort to stay there

I had put that I wanted to pay on cash but once I got there They said i couldn't which I didn't understand. I have been checked out since Sunday and the funds that the hotel was holding still haven't been released. This place would not be on the list to stay when I come and visit. Have cable but no real channels. The room could have been cleaned a lot better.

The size of the bed

The hotel was close to the convention center and that was...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, small and very outdated. There was no closet and the one shelf on the wall to hang clothes on was falling off. There was a questionable stain on the bed skirt. The bathroom was tiny with no trash can. The walls were so thin, we could hear the people’s conversation in the room next to us well past midnight and also early the next morning.

The hotel was close to the convention center and that was the only good thing.

Enjoyed our stay

I went to have breakfast before we checked out. I arrived about 8:45am. I barely got my bread in the toaster and a last started taking things from the counter and putting them away. I didn't get any butter. And as I was asking for a cup to get some juice, she walked over and turned the juice machine off. Very rude! I also asked for a couple of extra washcloths, and they were never brought to our room. Aside from that, our stay was great

The bed was comfortable

Stinky noisy room.

Although room #210 appeared to be clean, it had a terrible stench! Used half can of Lysol spray & room deodorizer in order to be able to stay in it. My husband thought the smell may be from prior water damage. In addition the walls are paper thin! I was told that there weren’t any other available rooms. Won’t go there again & will not recommend to any one else .

Location to cruise line.

Stay is good because of the Team which exists there.

Breakfast spread is very limited, Needs Drastic improvement

Excellent and very very helpful team., Ashley the Manager is an amazing person, he helped us very much, We cant imagine any one can help us so much. He helped by booking cabs with his own money to our Uber travel in advance as we did not have cash on hand with us so we were able to pay him later. Even though we are strangers (hotel guests) Many Thanks to him... Not just that he was helping us as Guide to us on various tourist spots.

Dre.

The Pproperty At Motel Inn Is Very Clean And Very Appealing I Enjoyed My Stay

What i liked about my stay here at Days Inn Motel Was The Comfort Clean Room And Staff Weere Very Proffesonal.

I will not go back in there to stay and spend my money elsewhere

Had to wait a lot in reception for check in. The coffee cups in room were not sealed in one room. Terrible experience at breakfast. Almost nothing to eat and no place to sit. The sheets were dirty and room were not noise proof at all. Air-condition too added to that noise.

The floors looked clean. I do not find any other good things to say. Earlier I stayed in Days Inn in Oregon and had a great experience.

Average stay, would shop around before choosing to stay here again.
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival our bed sheets and pillow cases had small black hairs all over them, didn't look like they were changed at all. Pillow case also had a big drool spot on it. Hand prints on the head board. Standard definition TV. VERY thin walls, you WILL hear your neighbors. Everything is a little dated looking.

Friendly staff. Jacuzzi tub was nice. Continental breakfast was great. Ample parking. Housekeeping changed our bedding quickly upon request.

Clean Comfortable Great value 👍🏽

More pillows

Room was big size, comfortable and very clean. Refrigerator clean & working. Parking on site which is very convenient especially for seniors. Staff friendly & kind.

DIASAPPOINTED & FRAUDULENT

I was very displeased with this hotel because I rented the room for 2 days from Dec. 23-25th. On the Dec. 24th my 18yr old daughter was exhausted so I dropped off at the room to unwind while i went to get food. Well upon returning my daughter was locked out of the room for about 30 mins till I got back. When she told the front office the key isn't working, she was told that I had to be there with my ID. Let's not forget we are in the middle of winter, it's close to midnight and we are not in the safest place in Long Beach, CA. I was very upset. I spoke to the front office and was informed to come down tomorrow morning and they would see about giving us a free night stay. Well I went down the next morning I went down and it was a different person working. So I explained the situation and advised what his colleague told me and he told me well all I can do is match you the room rate. Which was pretty much me paying for another day. VERY DIASAPPOINTED WILL NEVER GO AGAIN AND NEVER USE BOOKING.COM AGAIN!

Ghetto, dangerous stay away. Management charges your card without authorization
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was overcharged 300 double charged for the room then charged for some things never happened. Left the property at 11am because of downright dangerous elements walking around the parking lot intimidating guests. Room was extremely dirty, smell of urine and dirty sheets and blood stained carpet. Room door had bullet holes that were apperantly recently fixed.

Ghetto, dangerous stay away. Management charges your card without authorization

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Okay stay, but a little overpriced.
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

Saw a few cockroaches, the everyday cleaning wasn't very good (it seemed to me that they only made the bed and brought new towels, while the floor was quite dirty most of the time). The internet was a little slow. Also, many rooms face a carwash, and it is really really loud, even during the night. And there is not much choice (or space to sit down) at the breakfast.

The staff was really nice and helpful, the hotel was a little far from the beach, but still a nice 30 mins walk (or a short bus drive) away. Room was very spacious, the necessary facilities were good in general.

The staff is friendly.

Noisy. And not really clean.

The staff is friendly. Breakfast served between 6AM and 9AM even on weekends :) ! Far from dowtown (40 to 50min walking) but a few bus lines stop nearby. Quality/price ratio is correct.

Not Exactly worth the $145 spent
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

It was incredibly noisy and the refrigerator had black mold or something that looked like it, it was gross.

I enjoyed the small room, it was very comfortable. The Jacuzzi was a plus, that added a nice little touch.

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel was clean, quiet, and safe.

the room was newly redone. big fluffy bed, granite counter tops, new carpet. It felt like a much higher end Hotel. Big screen TV. Perfect and quiet.

Not the most comfortable stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room the air conditioner was faulty. Made so much noise you couldn't sleep when running. The second room the toilet seat was broke also the shower head didn't work properly, very little water pressure. The shutters on both Windows were broke.

The staff were very nice and friendly.

I didnt like that I couldn't pay with my debut card...

I didnt like that I couldn't pay with my debut card because it didn't have a chip. I wasn't aware. There is no sign. Therefore, you lost me.

Pretty good. Four thumbs up
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

They should have been more clear as to where to find the continental breakfast. Unfortunately neither me or my wife located it and missed out both mornings of our stay which was disappointing. But i still left a good review on the breakfast because it looked delicious in the brochure.

It was better than I expected. Had fridge, microwave. Liquor store next door.

Pretty good. Four thumbs up
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

It was better than I expected. Had fridge, microwave. Liquor store next door.

I felt the staff went above and beyond to meet the needs of...
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

I felt the staff went above and beyond to meet the needs of my stay. Went out of their way to accommodate me during my visit. I had plan a surprise trip for my girlfriend book ahead of time 2 weeks in advance. I had packages (3) come ahead of my arrival they stage the room in rose pedals and candles beautifully. I also left behind a fire stick remote and they Made arrangements for it to be delivered back to me. Can not say enough about my trip, the room was clean and well stocked as well

Excellent Manager, very helpful. If you have a car and its an overnight stay fine.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The location would be great if you have a car as you are just off the Pacific Highway, however for us who were relying on public transport it was expensive for taxi's - US$80 from Los Angles Union Station by Yellow cab to the hotel, Uber/Lyft was US$35.00. We actually came back from 7th Street Station in Los Angeles to Long Beach promanade on the blue line for US$.75 so you can get around but takes a little longer.

The Manager was a superstar, Ash helped us to get Uber and Lyft on our phones, allowed us to check in on his computer as our phones could not get the website up. Ash was extremely happy to spend time explaining how we travel into Los Angeles and gave us several options. Can't thank him enough. Plus I have left my keys at the hotel and he has kindly said that he will post them to me.

could have been better

we saw a roach, asked for clean towels maid didn't understand so got none. pair of mens black underware behind end stand kinda gross. I am diabetic had NOTHING I could eat, In wheelchair big white car parked on ramp all the while there made it difficult to get in office

1st floor had a fridge & microwave

Close to beach area.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Wrong information given at check-in regarding breakfast stopping time. Missed breakfast by 20 minutes when I thought I still had an hr. Would stay again if was in area.

Close to beach area. Friendly and informative staff.

It was ok. Only suggested if you needed a place for a couple of days.

I didn't like that the floor of our hotel was really dirty and somewhat sticky. Also, there was some guy that appeared to be doing a line of cocaine when we stepped out of a family member's room. It might not necessarily be the Inn's fault but it made it feel a little less safe because it was a minor who spotted this person. If you don't have a car, it's not too close to many things. There is a subway sandwich store and cvs close by though so that's helpful.

I like that the space is private and parking was not that hard. Bed was fairly comfortable and they have a nice size fridge and a microwave. They have breakfast available but don't expect anything fancy. They had fruits, cereal and bagels.

Other than that, stay was good especially for the price!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was next door guest was hanging outside of the rooms late at night.

The room was good and not too far from where I needed to be during my trip. The room was clean and the staff was nice.

Like home
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There was nothing wrong with the outside or inside. i think that the morning meal could be a hour later like 8am cause check out is at 12 that's all but everything else is good. And it close to food place and a market. Other than that there's nothing wrong with the property or that I didn't like about it.

Very clean and nice

Budget Friendly, Basic Accommodations, Good Location

Inconsistent cleaning staff..Smokers all along balance had to walk through clouds of smoke to enter/exit my room daily.

Breakfast was disappointing and never available, all.gonr by 9am every morning. Never got to try it.

The hotel was a very convenient & affordable location for our visit with friends
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no bacon, there were no eggs for breakfast, the beds & pillows were very uncomfortable

The floors were nice & the rooms clean, staff was nice & accomodating, location was convenient, liked the TV, microwave & frig!

Wouldn't return. Luckily only stuck there one night!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small room. No roll away bed although booked for 3 and said they could accommodate! Lighting was poor. Cleanliness wasn't great. Breakfast area sits 5, so if you're late up then you have no chance. And if you do get a seat you can have toast or cereal. Not much on offer at all! Coffee and tea available though.

Not much

I don't know if I would go back.
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

The jacoozi water wouldn't get very hot until it ran for about 20-30 minutes, which sucked.

The blankets supplied were very soothing, it was also nice we got to watch HBO movies.

Stay in your room

Terrible location in a scary part of town, and not convenient to anything. Very noisy because it's right on Pacific Coast Highway. Breakfast is cereal and packaged pastries.

Great staff, comfortable, updated room and clean

Place to stay

Cleaning was not as expected there was dust in all corner of the room the side of bath room sticky I need to wear slippers all the time , they only change towels and pot shampoos and lotions doing the bed every 3-4 days , The location far from beach but close to some restaurants .

I like that room wide , bed comfortable , staff friendly Even though the location far from most places but there r bus to most area available the bus stop so close and metro about 3 stops far .

Average at best.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was extremely narrow/tight. This was in a very sketchy part of town. Both nights we heard gun shots out on the street less than a block away. The rooms were dark and dingy.

Awful!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi was dusty and had dead bugs in it, and although I slept comfortably the first night (I booked two nights) I woke up to find and kill a bedbug. I panicked and called the front desk and he sent someone over promptly, only to accuse me of bringing it in afterwards. The hotel was completely sold out (so he said) so I was stuck finding another hotel for my last night. I'm still waiting on my refund, my card was charged for both nights. So not happy with my stay. I'd give this property way less than the stars it calculated for me :(

I like the fact a room with a jacuzzi was within my budget

It accomodated what we needed to do.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Like most middle range accommodation in the USA the properties are aging.The breakfast room was not big enough.

Was in an excellent location to travel to the cruise ship and to suit the purpose was acceptable.Reception staff were extremely helpful.

Place was vary clean, price was reasonable for the area.
    • Queen Spa Bath Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a homeless person in the parking area going through the trash cans taking out the recycle materials out of the cans and throughing them out on ground to later pick them up. If these things are leaking anything, it will ruin your surface appearance. When I walked by the area he haulers at my wife and I to go home , to get out of there. Not nice, I was in the Navy out here in 1970 thought I'd show my wife around Town.

Place was vary clean, price was reasonable for the area. Some other places close to the Pike area were totally unreasonable.

A let down.

Parts of the bathtub were broken and the cleanliness left something to be desired. They don't tell you until you're checking in that they only accept cards with a chip in them which can be inconvenient. The breakfast was literally a couple kinds of cereal, some coffee and a couple of cheap packaged pastries. The property was loud and rooms have very little sound proofing.

Very nice easy to book on line..
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice and there was a subway right next door for a quick sandwich... The motel was very nice.. I liked that subway was right next door. And we got in a little late.

It was a nice motel in a nice city. You have to drive to reach any destination but close to Pike st.

Very loudly speaking people next room - I suppose they were maids and maintenance guys. They started just after 5 and couldn't stop. They didn't care that somebody next room would like to sleep.

Typical continental breakfast served till 9:00 a.m. Lots of tv channels including cable ones and HBO.

The staff is arrange a refund for us.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very rough area. When we pulled up to the hotel some homeless people were fighting right out front. My husband insisted we cancel due to safety concerns.

The staff is arrange a refund for us.

If you don't mind street noise and hearing your neighbors, this would be a nice place to stay.

There was no insulation in the walls, the pipes were deafening and it sound like a herd of elephants were going to come through the ceiling.

Easy access, parking and clean. We really liked the hard floors and window shutters. Friendly management.

Good place to stay for a quick overnight stay.

It was obvious that we did not get one of the remodeled rooms that they show on the booking.com website. While the room was fine, I was expecting the room that I saw on the website. So that was slightly disappointing.

The room was fine for a one night stay that my husband and I did before we took off on a cruise the next day. The staff was super nice and really helpful. Street noise wasn't really a problem like I read in other reviews.

I enjoyed my stay very much! Can't wait to stay again!

Other than I could have used more creamer and sugar for my morning coffee. There was nothing really wrong. Oh... the remote control was very outdated and took several presses of the button to change the channel.

Name brand coffee to brew in the morning. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash were also a well known brand. Bed was comfy and big pillows. Bathroom was very roomy. Check out time was 12pm. There was a very nice pool.