Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524 1.5 stars

5600 State Road 524, Cocoa, FL 32926, USA

#4 of 6 hotels in Cocoa

My view of Days Inn

no kitchen area first room we checked into microwave dud not work so had to move to another room.

had nice pool area comfortable beds and good a/c

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I was having problems with my marriage and needed to get away for the night to get away from the emotional stress I was going through and the hotel refused to let me stay just because I lived in the same county. The front desk lady was very rude and treated me like I was some drug addict or prostitute. Very disrespectful, I was even crying in the lobby where another gust saw me begging her to let me stay, I also work for Booking.com as a CSE and this was awful behavior. So if a woman is being abused or anything else and just needs a night away she isn't allowed because of some stupid rule.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! AWFUL PLACE AND WILL NEVER RECOMMEND IT!!

This room was disgusting!! There were roaches everywhere (German roaches) even before you turned out the light !! I didn’t want to put my suite case anywhere in the room because I was afraid of carrying one back with me ! When we went to lay down there were roaches IN THE BED!!!!! We flew out of that room there was NO WAY I was sleeping in there . If you like bugs this is the place for you if not then keep on strolling !

Don’t be to worried when you turn up

When you first turn up and think, I don’t want to stay here as it looks a little dodge

Cost and cleanliness of the room! Good parking and nights sleep

They are offering 50% discount for breakfast at the...

Very dirty, they probably never clean under the bed and we found stuff there that could only be mentioned in a over 18 yrs-chat. Room had a carpet that was wet, perfect conditions for all kind of moist to grow. Bathroom was very old and dirty, and towels had stains. Place should best be torn down and rebuild from scratch.

They are offering 50% discount for breakfast at the restaurant connected with the reception.

I do not recommend.

The facility overall felt dirty. The room smelled awful of dampness and mildew. Not good for allergy sufferers. I would not stay here again.

The pool was pretty. The bed was comfortable but the room smelled awful.

tolerable for the short 2 night stay but will never return
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE smell! The so-called air freshener or whatever is used to deodorize the rooms is disgusting! Probably need to cover up other bed smells. By the looks of the aged and worn out carprting I can only guess the deodorizer is necessary to cover up it’s smell. The deoderizer that permeates the room Was still present on our clothing and bags three days after we left the room. The smell got on my skin and hair as well even though I showered earlier before checking out. Had to discard food that also was contaminated by the putrid odor. Toilet rocked when you sat down. Lamp did not work. Furniture and Appliances were old and it took forever for the refrigerator to get cool. Had the AC on high for two days but barely kept the room cool. Couldn’t wait to leave. Not even a free continental breakfast to be had.

Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean.

cleaning very bad For my room 137

Housekeeping not good 😞 on my floors rooms 137 know dust know sweeping and mop know checking for tissues in bathroom have to go to the office for tissue and coffee 🍵 tub not clean around toilet 🚽 looking bad will not say here again not for my money 💵 not clean room on bottom floor where I was remember 137 3 night there

Front desk very good

Pretty good for an overnight stay.

Too many sketchy people hanging outside of the hotel rooms. No free breakfast. Not enough safe and accessible parking.

Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

The hotel is a little dated, and the second day that we were...

The hotel is a little dated, and the second day that we were there, the bathroom doorknob fell off and I was locked in the bathroom. My husband was asleep at the time, so I had to pound on the door to wake him up. There were also small roaches in our room. I alerted the staff a check-out, but they didn't express that much of a concern. What if someone was traveling alone and couldn't get out of the bathroom?? Like really?! They would probably have to wait until the cleaning crew came in.

The staff was great. This room was average, but met our one night needs for sleep and a shower.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom and room in general were not very clean, the toilet bowl lid had to be removed to flush the toilet each time, and there was no ice bucket in the room.

The front desk help was great and friendly and seemed to enjoy dealing with the guests.

Don’t stay here!

The room was dirty - I killed at least 2 big bugs! There was no getting a peaceful nights sleep! The place should be torn down!

The front desk staff was helpful since our reservation was not correct.

Great Breakfast.

Great Breakfast. But not included as I was told. They did not have my reservation but still accommodated us! Which was great. Location not good. 1 hr from airport cost us 120.00 and then 30 mins to port. Shuttle not included but gave us a discount after booking.com called them.45.00 to port. Back from cruise cost us 135 .00 back to airport. I'm very disappointed.

Very Clean Rooms

Need a little TLC on the outside of the Building and parking lot.and Laundry area was outside and needed updated.

Rooms was clean and A/C worked great. Great Price

Good

The pick-up time from the Port Canaveral terminal was not good. My daughter and I waited about an hour to get picked up after the call was placed. I know that they have other passengers to be picked up, but all of the ships usually return around the same time. There should be designated times (e.g. 0830, 0900)for pick ups from the terminal just like there are designated times to be picked up and taken to the terminal. My daughter and I missed breakfast, because we thought we'd be picked up in a timely manner to sit down and have breakfast before getting back on the road for home.

The bed was so comfortable and the staff were very friendly.

Inexpensive and close to the cruise port.

Poor communication from the staff, extra actual fees that were not disclosed to take a shuttle to the port.

Inexpensive and close to the cruise port.

Horrible I will never stay again!

The room was nasty ! There was dirty rags left on the counter and I went didn’t stairs to complain about no one came to clean the room . House keeping came and gave two rags we didn’t hear from them anymore!

It worked for us!

Floor in bath could have been cleaner. Toilet had tird in it

Check in personnel excellent. Bed just the way we like it. Towels new and fluffy. Had view of pool.

It was ok for what it was

Breakfast should be served till 10:30. Closed too early right after time change. They were rude about were closed no coffee in the lobby either

Liked the bed

Requested a room for five people two months in advance, but...

provide adequate sleeping facilities

Requested a room for five people two months in advance, but the room provided had beds for only four. The only options were one person sleep on the floor, or I need to get another room for $90.

Run from here as fast as you can.

The roaches. The mold in the shower. The shower going from ice to boiling every 5 seconds. The barely patched kick and punch holes in the doors and walls.

The staff was pleasant.

Very disappointing

The phone was dead,no ironing board in the room,the ironing board we did get was short and dirty,the iron didn't work,the room smelled stale. This hotel needs a complete overhaul.

The staff was nice

we needed somewhere for one night that was not overly expensive. I guess this fit the bill.

inadequate parking without having to walk a long way, there were small bugs in the room and bathroom....like little flying things and a daddy long legs type spider. They would be one of the few places that does not include some type of breakfast with the room. There was a cafe and they gave a ticket for half off the price. It's in the middle of nowhere, and would require a trip to find a place to eat

The front desk people, upon check in, were very nice, pool was nice, but we didn't use it. beds were ok

Older hotel showing its age. Glad I was not alone because the clientele made me a little nervous.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

television in room did not work, and the bathroom floor had evidence of a previous guest (fuzz/hair?) not sure what it was because I didn't want to look too close and get grossed out

Great place to rest your bodies for a few nights before / after a cruise. Will stay here again!

Rooms were dated / water tasted and smelled like sulfur.

The facility was conveniently located close to the expressway. Pool area was very nice / clean. There are many dining / shopping facilities down the road. The check in clerk was great. Breakfast coupons for a discount were an added bonus. We didn't use the restaurant to rate that.

You have seen the last of us.

After checking in and not having what we were promised, we did not care for anything.

The person who checked us out was friendly. That is all the good I can say.

My overall stay was very good.

The property has no bar and the restaurant is not open for dinner. There is no restaurant in walking distance from the property. Since I didn't have my car with me, I didn't like the fact that the Chinese restaurant wanted a minimum of a $20 order for delivery. It wasn't advertised clearly that the restaurant was open only for breakfast. That was why I answered no to meeting my expectations.

Cocoa Beach shuttle stops there for service to and from Port Canaveral. Breakfast was good especially with a 50% discount coupon. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel clerk had a couple of take-out menus. Domino's saved my evening.

Discrimination at its finest!

Because I was a local I couldn't rent. But they waited till the day I was to check in to tell me. I couldn't get a room anywhere at that price. They discriminate! That was wrong, I even called early in the week, they didn't mention their rules about not allowing locals use a room. Horrible way to treat people.

There was a pair of dirty underwear hanging up in the bathroom when we got to the room and the room.

There was a pair of dirty underwear hanging up in the bathroom when we got to the room and the room we switched to was dirty and hadn't been cleaned.

No peace of mind with this stay. Three words: filthy, smelly, overpriced.

Filthy. Intense smell of mildew. I slept with my mouth/nose covered with a shirt so as not to breathe in the air blowing directly at me from the ac. Drawers on dresser continually slid out randomly. Mold around shower. Pillows smelled like spittle... I clearly was not confident that linens were clean as they looked like a wrinkled bed was just remade - I went to our vehicle to get pillows and blankets we traveled with and we slept with our own blankets and pillows ON TOP of the bed sheets. Carpets were dirty and we made sure we didn’t walk barefoot - God only knows what kind of filth and bacteria is in that carpet! Ripped towels in bathroom. Huge buildup of dust in bathroom vent. Smoke detector hanging by wires on ceiling. Seriously appeared as though there was blood spatter on curtains (As a nurse, I know what that looks like and we call environmental to specially clean that up). The smoke buckets outside of the rooms were very unappealing as well as the smokers on the balcony we’d have to walk through to come and go. We used a buddy system coming & going to our vehicle because the surroundings felt unsafe. I did not feel safe and secure at this hotel. There were two male guests just staring and watching us as we arrived. The morning of checkout a man diagonal to our room stood in the balcony and just watched our room as we readied to leave. I seriously felt we needed to wash our hands with most everything we touched. I couldn’t bring myself to have a coffee because I was afraid the little coffee pot was somehow unclean (didn’t even look, but by the condition of the room, I would consider it par for the course). I often stayed in some pretty low level, very inexpensive ($50-70) hotels because I can’t afford much more as I am a single mom who travels often with my sons for baseball. I’m perfectly fine with “roughing it”. We don’t stay in pricey hotels. But in my 15 years of traveling, I have never complained once or felt as filthy (myself!

Hotel was close to the baseball field (Cocoa Expo)

Disapointed by the stay at this hotel.

This hotel is located right off an exit that only has a gas station. It is more of a remote location and not very well lite at night. The property needs some work on the landscaping, lobby, and property it's self. The parking area needs road work. The rooms were upgraded with tile instead of old carpet. however, there were a lot of things that still need improvement. (toilet paper holder, tub facets leaked, tile grout was dirty etc) Also, the walls are thin and the door did not completely/properly close and it was loud outside the room.

Unfortunately, not much other than the upgrade of tile vs carpet in the rooms.

I travel a lot this was a terrible experience

Carpet dirty bug behind bathroom door dead coke can under bed Smell Could see outside door with it closed 3/8 or more from top to bottom one hand towel had small amount of blood on it top blanket was dirty and soiled I'll tell you it was nothing like the online pictures

The lobby was nice and clean.

No free breakfast. Gave us a ticket to take to the onsite restaurant for 1/2 off.

The lobby was nice and clean. The ladies at the front desk were awesome.

Not a good place to stay.

Some guests seemed to be long term guests. We put the chair in front of the door for safety, Not sure what was going on with the guests all young 18-22 in age. Would not stay hear again.

The stay at this hotel was not pleasurable and not clean.

The property was not clean and out of date. It needs to be updated and cleaned properly.

This property was not clean and I did not feel safe. The room had roaches and holes in the bathroom walls. The room smelled like mildew. The tub and toilet was not clean. The door was not sealed at the bottom, so you could see the light coming in as well as insects. This property was not a good recommendation for staying on vacation, leisure or business.

Not a happy customer!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

First no Free breakfast as advertised. Next ask handicap room with shower hose. Did not receive it even after I complained. Phone in room wasn't working. TV reception no good. Not too many outlets. No desk. Room very very small worst days inn I ever been in. Will never return .

Hot water that's about it. And air conditioner

The bed was very confortable, and the swimming pool was nice...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I usually stay at motels that inclued a free breakfast, so having a free breakfast would have been sooooo nice. Most people these days look for something like that when traveling, because it's time saving, and money saving.

The bed was very confortable, and the swimming pool was nice and clean, with plenty of lighting.

Close to freeway and therefore easy acess to Kennedy Space...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Close to freeway and therefore easy acess to Kennedy Space Centre and airport. Staff very friendly and helpful nice restaurant and shops down the road, not within walking distance. Good breakfast and cofee machine in the room.

The staff was friendly, the manager did apologize for the bathroom incident and gave me 10 percent

Room had previous guest under wear hanging on the door in the bathroom. Shower curtain was not wide enough to prevent water from wetting the floor. Breakfast was not appealing or tasty

Bed was comfortable

we had a room with two queen size beds, but the one bed was...

we had a room with two queen size beds, but the one bed was completely broken. we ended up sleeping on the other though sense it was just me and my boyfriend

Good value for the money in the Cocoa area

The refrigerator and microwave were older and worked, but the cooling coils in the refrigerator were frozen and needed to be defrosted for the refrigerator to get cold rather than just cool (fortunately we had our own ice chest). The parking area is a patchwork quilt of original old macadam, patches, and potholes and degrades the exterior appearance of the property. The pool closes very early and opens rather late, so we really could not enjoy it during our stay. That's a shame, because the pool area looks very inviting.

Rooms have been refurbished with new furniture. drapes. bed linens, and carpeting and bathroom accessories (new shower curtain and curved rod). TV has good selection of free cable channels. New king-sized bed was very comfortable. The restaurant has been refurnished as well and is much more attractive.

Way to stay

I wish the ball park breakfast stayed open just a little longer, we stayed 4 days and never made it in time lol

The staff were amazing, very friendly and reasonable and they helped us out with any problems that they could. Darlene and the night maintance made us feel welcome and even gave us some cocoa vaca advice!! Also, the rooms were always clean and tidy when we returned and the pool was beautiful at night.((-:

Nice staff, not so clean facility.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean. The bathroom had hair and was dirty and smelled bad. I spoke with the staff and she was very friendly and apologized. She was going to speak to the housekeeping staff. She gave us $15.00 off the room.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was reasonably priced and pretty good.

Didn't see any bugs and couldn't hear the people in...

The hotel needs updating and a really good cleaning inside the room and outside. The laundry facilities are outside and the dryers are nasty, inside of them.

Didn't see any bugs and couldn't hear the people in the next room.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

nice stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

in the roon i stayed the toilet bowl rocks hard when you sit on it sound like it would break and it takes forever to flush and had to be flush multiable times for it to go down

the beds was nice ,sleep like a baby rooms was clean and cool the room was a little over crowded with furniture

An affordable place to lay your head for a night

The room had that old hotel musty smell. Well, it IS an old hotel. Moldy carpets? It wasn't strong but you definitely noticed when you walked in. Didn't ask for another room because we figured they all smelled like that. Found a dead roach. Better than a live one but it's Florida so was no big deal.

easy to get to. Friendly. Cheap. Clean.

Do not stay here dirty .

I checked into this property and found the room to be extremely dirty . I was given another four rooms to look at and all well horribly dirty and not to be slept in . The bed sheets had stains all over , the carpets were completely dirty , the curtains had stains on them and the biggest problem is that bugs were in two rooms . Overall this property is dirty and the owner knows about it .. it's hard not to know .

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Spring Training.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is a nice restaurant on site but it's rarely open.

Well,the reservation I made with Booking.Com wasn't anywhere! The staff maneuvered things around so we could stay. Everything everywhere was booked.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Not worth the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV did not work. The coffee maker was broken. There was a leftover pop bottle under the bed from a previous guest. The pillows were lumpy.

It was nice having a mini fridge and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Decent hotel for a great price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed on, the bathroom toilet flushes to slow. We have to hold down the handle about 2 minutes to flush it down all the way.It was frustrating.

Beds are comfortable and the location is right off the highway so easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

It said on the on-line add that parking was free while...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It said on the on-line add that parking was free while cruising, which wasn't the case when I checked in..... turns out you have to have a "Cruise Package" which wasn't mentioned when I made the reservation on-line. I called to verify my reservation and asked if we could use our points for a free night stay and was told yes..... found out while checking in that was NOT the case !!!!! I have several friends staying there in March and will be telling them of my experience.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Dont waste your money on this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was run down. The bathroom toilet paper holder was corroded and falling out, the shower barely dribbled water out, there was a nasty cleaning sponge left on the floor. The night staff was good, but the morning staff was horrible. She acted like we were an inconvenience to her. I will never stay or recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Last year's stay was ok, but this year's was intolerable. We won't be staying here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The mattress on one of the beds was completely broken down, with a huge "divot" in the center. We asked for a different mattress, but it was apparent that it was just flipped. We were told that they didn't have any other mattresses, but that we could get a different room, and a discount for the 2 days spent in the first room. The discount amounted to $5.60. The second room had it's own set of problems with the shower. There was very little water pressure, and it kept running hot and cold. It was a miserable experience. Also, we tried to go for a swim one night around 7:30 p.m. only to find that the gate to the pool had already been locked. We will never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Not glamorous, but clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like paint. Too much furniture in room. Place looks run down. Breakfast not great.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Good morning checkout staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Worth a short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking lot needs work. Need more handicap spots. Bathroom water closet to low and did not flush properly or well. Bathroom shower, water closet, and sink fixtures old, needs replacing.

Friendly staff. Location good. Dinning good. Price was good. Facility is under refurbishment.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Easy to Like
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The ice machine was overflowing making the floor very wet. However, this was probably because of the people using it rather than a fault of the property.

Extremely convenient to Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, the Cape. Very nice people at the desk. Room was clean and comfortable. Nice pool area.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The beds and pillows were comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No Wi-Fi. Could access Wi-Fi at the start of our stay, but towards the end of our stay could not access the internet at all.

The beds and pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The price was right and hopefully the price will stay low with Booking.com. At the walk in desk the
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the only problem at that time was the phone was out but that was only due to the hurricane and no reflection on the motel.

The location to the cruiseport and their room was nice

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I don't recommend not even for 1 night!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room was terrible and the sink was really dirty!!!! Therefore I wouldn't have breakfast there!!!

Leaving. For $16 more I booked the Best Inn with a great breakfast included!!! OnlY 4 minutes from there!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

You need to state how far you are form food and our map said...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We was left to fend for our self the hotel close so we had no way have getting hold off anyone as no Internet so mt phone wouldnt work eletic was out so no food after breakfast

You need to state how far you are form food and our map said hotel 30min it was hour and half so between UK and USA

Should I expect more for a sixty a night motel?

Upon arrival cleanliness of room was awful and never got better during stay. Had to ask for additional coffee packets, some days one for double room some days none.

Wait staff in the restaurant was very attentive and enthusiastic.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The AC smell very bad when on.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The AC smell very bad when on. The bed is broken. (Room 210). There was no tissue in the bathroom. Had to drive around to the office because the phone line was ripped out of the wall. When I told the clerk about this they already knew. I purchased room deodorizer to calm the smell in order to sleep. Since my room was so bad I refused to eat at the restaurant. That room activated my sinus. I wouldn't recommend that Hotel to anyone. Especially if you have kids.

Just amazing time

Swimming pool water was to hot

The landscaping was all to beautiful

The Cafe next door
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

You can hear the traffic pull up and park right in front of your door.

The Cafe next door

The room was very musty.

The room was very musty. AC next to bed. Stayed here a few times Clean & now know to give specific instructions for stay.

Very clean, breakfast had a nice variety to choose from.

na

Very clean, breakfast had a nice variety to choose from.

Good communication by email and early reservation made easy...

Good communication by email and early reservation made easy and did not charge credit card before I arrived.

Clean

Clean

Nice view from our room

Nice view from our room Pool area was lovely over looking the intercostal

Would not stay here again.

The room was dirty, noisy, thin walls

All good

Had kayak on truck and host let me park where she could keep an eye on it all night

Average.

Not very clean (specially the floors) and the TV didn’t work.

Would retirn for

Nuthing

Would return

The employees were friendly & three room was clean &...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The employees were friendly & three room was clean & cozy.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.