Reviews of Red Roof Inn Washington DC - College Park 2 stars

9137 Baltimore Blvd., College Park, MD 20740, USA

#4 of 8 hotels in College Park

Location was perfect, room was very spacious.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was tiny and having the coffee maker and ice bucket in the bathroom is disgusting you could purchase a cheap tray and have it out in the main part of the room. The only staff we interacted with was at check in and he was ok when he told us there was a continental breakfast I said “oh that’s nice” his response was “it’s nothing great”. He needs some customer service training

Location was perfect, room was very spacious.

Great Value...good if you have a car, not so great if you don't - metro is too far away
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Grouped all the guests in the same area so it got a little high traffic outside the room with people walking by or checking out.

Neighborhood had good food options

Adequate, nothing too write home about.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They had just cleaned the room but the top sheet looked dingy. We had the housekeeper to change it. The outside facilities were not well maintained, railings to steps were loose, I needed to use the railings to get up to the second floor. Walls were very thin.

Central location to where we needed to be.

This is a good location if your in the DC/Maryland area for a week of sightseeing.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was clean and exactly what we expected it to be. The location was the best feature since it was close to the Metro and convenient to where we wanted to go in DC and the other tourist destinations. The breakfast was very typical, coffee was good and enough choices of cereal, fruit and pastry to get the day started. The equipment in the fitness room actually worked and was clean - very nice. Check-in/out process was quick and easy, staff was always friendly and nice.

• Superior King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not having enough money to stay longer being that I have been living a disgusting shelter for over a year.

Well attentive to my needs and very curtious I really enjoyed the polite staff and big cozy bed and the tv had a lot of the cable channels I don't get to watch.

All the staff seems like they didn't want to be there
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

House cleaning knocked at 8:30am. Asked her to come back a little later and she didn't. Both keys stopped working, went to front desk and the attitude was as if I was bothering her

The staff prior to our arrival on the telephone and the...

The pillows:(

The staff prior to our arrival on the telephone and the staff when we arrived a few days later from out of town all went above and beyond to help me and my daughter find the best route to Metro to DC. They were pleasant, their smiles seemed sincere and it was refreshing to see our young adults presenting them self's so well.

Filthy rooms and poor upkeep. Avoid!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was outdated and filthy. Room smelled like a weeks old unwashed homeless person. Burns on most flat surfaces. Dirty comforters on the beds. Several lights that didn’t work. Very cheap, uncomfortable beds. Wouldn’t stay there again, even if it was free.

This place was disgusting. The room smelled like a homeless person had been living there for weeks. I made the mistake of laying on the comforter on the bed and it smelled TERRIBLE. The comforter actually left a lingering odor on my clothes... ugh!

Eh.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The bathroom was super small. Breakfast was only for like 2 hours. Carpet in room was gross. Sketchy area.

The bed was decently comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

My stay was comfortable and it achieved my purpose of coming to the USA.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

What I did not like was that, the electrical plugs for charging were only American specifications. In a situation where you have tourists coming from other countries, I think there should be a need to provide for either an alternative or a standard electrical fittings that would accommodate other specifications.

I love the design of the Inn, whereby you do not need to go through the reception to get into your room, this creates privacy.

Disgusting. One of the worst places I've ever stayed in.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was disgusting there. Things were broken down, there were stains on all the linens. The coffee in the room tasted like tea. The breakfast was poor (nothing hot and pretty much just carbs and sugar). There was a domestic violence incident in the room next door, with a woman screaming and police.

Nothing. It was seriously gross. I wish I could have left right away, but it was a no refund situation because of the "cheap" price. In my view, it was WAY too expensive for what it was.

served the purpose
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

the room was not very clean.

the bed was clean and comfortable. since the trip was not a pleasure trip, we really appreciated the fact we could find a smoking hotel.

WARNING! Employees seem to be a part of a SCAMMER BUSINESS! You can judge the cleanliness -photos!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Immediately I dialled 0 to reach the front desk, person on duty was also a male and I cannot be 100% sure but he almost sounded like the one that just called my room. I was disturbed by somebody telling me that my reservation does not exist in the middle of the night, made me think it's true because he mentioned the thing with my passport, who else if not somebody from the RR could have that information. I told what have just happened to the guy that answered the phone after calling the front desk. He said that It wasn't them (him/RR), he will get to the bottom of this by checking phone records and calling the police since nobody from the outside can call any room directly- every outside call has to come through the switchboard (front desk) and that he DID NOT put any call thought... somebody from the inside of the hotel must have dialled my room number to call it directly. I called back front desk after an hour, same guy told me that the POLICE is on site and that they are checking everything. Early morning I went to the front desk, I demanded for the manager to call me asap. Nobody called! I was informed that the same night shift guy will be there next night too. I deceived to confront him, managed to record the conversation, again he told me: It was not him, my reservation is fine, nobody called from the outside, It must have been other RR guest, POLICE was there - they have knocked on doors etc. found nobody. When we were checking out, I finally got to talk in person to the General Manager Alicia Williams she was nice but had a totally different story for me... there was NO police it was the RR security, they do not keep call records, that it is possible to call any room from the outside. She was not following my lead that in my opinion the same night shift guy must have been involved, she ignored that as if she was a part of it.

Happy that I'm out of there safe and sound. ituation was disturbing and scary. Booked 3 nights, the 2 night (1:15 am) the land line inside our room called. I answered the call, male introduced himself as front desk telling me that there is a problem with the reservation, that they HAVE THE COPY OF MY PASSPORT, but somehow the reservation got cancelled and that he needs for me to confirm it and provide them AGAIN with my credit card information.I asked does he realize what time it is, he apologized and continued, I told him that I will check with them personally first thing in the morning. He categorically replied that they need to confirm it right now, because I shouldn't be staying in that room at all. To that I replied that I will get dressed and be there in two minutes, NOPE he said we can do it over the phone, to that I said that I will NOT give him any information over the phone... CLICK - he hung up.

Clean good breakfast
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I was waiting for front desk clerk over 30 minutes no one was at he front desk to serve me

Clean premises and they had Refrigerator and microwave too and a nice breakfast

Very good service for a cheap price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only bad point of the hotel is the location of it. There aren't many shops around. And (just to be able to suggest an improvement) the breakfast can be improved.

The place was far more than my expectations. The rooms are very big and very comfortable. (At the first day, there was a weird smell in the room but with a little airing, it just passed.) The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was normal. Nothing too special, yet it was sufficient. As an overall look, the hotel exceed my expectations and it was a very good deal.

Would not do it again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The motel was old, outdated. Our room smelled horrible - it had a very distinct odor. This was especially strange because it was a non smoking room and appeared to be clean. The smell was so terrible we almost changed hotels - we probably would have but everything else in town was booked. The property did not feel very safe.

There wasn't much to be excited about. The room did appear to be clean and that is pretty much the only good thing I can come up with to say about this hotel/motel.

You get what you pay for. Never again.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room. Hard to find and navigate another guest help me find my room. Bathroom needs to be clean. I slept on top of the sheets because I could not trust the cleanliness of the facility. I came for a funeral last minute so I suppose you get what you pay for, or not.

Room was horrible. Bathroom was disgusting-- mold. Uncomfortable bed, room smelled of something disgusting, just overall a bad experience and I will not come again. The staff seemed nice enough, but insufficient to change my thoughts.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Glad that we tried Red Roof Inn
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We were next to the metal stairs so we could hear people coming and going very early. The bathroom was unusually small; only adequate for 1 person at a time.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Air conditioner was quiet and didn't disturb my sleep. The drapes kept the room dark enough at night which was important to me. Convenient location. The room itself had plenty of space. Having a king size bed was a plus. Getting 2 bottles of water each day with RediRewards.

The room was a good size, the bed was pretty comfortable and...
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

Found a bed bug, the carpet was dirty, there were cigarette burns on the side of the bathtub.

The room was a good size, the bed was pretty comfortable and the staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

It was okay .
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff at night wasn't to courteus,he was.mainly on his cell phone while I was being helped and he placed me in the wrong room for doing so

Breakfast was fairly decent ,room was clean and comfortable. May stay again in the future.

Never again! Unsafe!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were people outside of our room being loud until 4 am Did not feel safe Burn hole in sheets and in shower No batteries in the remote and only gave remote for tv not cable Didn't give WiFi password and when I called the office it just rang with no answer!

The beds were comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was advertised with a flat screen TV. The first night we found it did not work. We called the front desk and they brought a new remote which also did not work. We couldn't watch TV. The next morning I left a note for the room attendant letting them know the TV was broken and asked if we could kindly have it fixed by the time we got back that night. It was still broken when we returned the second night. I called the desk and asked for a credit on my account and he said he would check with his manager. I left my email address on the comment card and no response. I am going to continue asking until I receive a credit.

The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Had a ball, surely would recommend and return to stay again.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that it wasn't an elevator and I requested upper level. It happened to be 2nd level but it was a floor above us and we heard several thumps as well as it was an end unit right by the stairs. Everytime someone utilized the stairs in which was constant as no elevator was onsite it was very annoying. This was the ONLY thing I didn't like.

Didn't eat breakfast

Fair-- selection, no more.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk daytime girl was both actively annoying and rude. In particular, disconnects the phone calls, or calls with reminders to check out in time every several minutes. She was talking fast with heavy accent and using bad English, making her difficult to understand. Each time I asked her to repeat she was rude in her response. The shower room is not convenient. Lights are interconnected with a very noisy ventilator. There is no option to open any window. Since the window (was sealed at all times) was towards the backyard I had to keep the curtain closed at all times to keep my privacy. The place was attended by noisy guests at all times. The location is quite unsuccessful. Only rare buses, no buses after about 10p.m., no general store around. Unfortunately the car rental option did not work for me during my stay, so the Chinese restaurant was my only fair option. Otherwise it is a 1.5h journey to the D.C.

The room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Too ghetto
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The neighbors kept waking us over and over and over and over and over again all night long. Even after security came and after I called and complained after that. Also, the next night another neighbor was the same exact way. The bathrooms could have been cleaner.

The staff was nice and this was the cheapest room in the area

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Great location and value.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was clean (carpets could do with shampoo, especially along walls and corners). I paid for two nights, but had to go to office second evening to have entry card rejected...In freezing cold weather. Had unloaded items from car to carry it all in in one trip only to have to carry it back to car to drive up to office. Only complaint, but as a senior was frustrated!

Great location, close to National Archives.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Red Roof Inn was outdated.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The beds are uncomfortable, the bathroom is like a closet, the shower curtain had bugs smeared on it. The lighting in the room was really bad.

Good location.. The staff was okay; we had no issues with them.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had a sink with a faucet that leaked with a stopper that did not work. I alerted management and they put a work order in to fix it.

Very convenient location next to the beltway.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Decent for the money, but...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was in a so-so neighborhood and looked like an welfare motel from the outside. Motel was old and drab.

Staff was friendly and tried their best within the motel's limits. Amenities were good: microwave, fridge, etc.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

great place for a tight budget
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

no scale to weigh my luggage. tap water was very chlorinated, not their fault, though. No drinking water available.

clean, comfortable, great location, friendly staff, great value for my money, clean working refrigerator

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Romantic Weekend
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The cable channels could have been better, the counters where the bathroom was could have been cleaned better. Cable should have been in HD.

The room looked good.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The hotel was great.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

I wish the hotel had a pool. Watching the guests next door swim in their pool made me green with envy haha. However, it did not diminish the quality of my stay.

The hotel was great. It was clean and comfortable. It served its purpose as a comfortable, safe, and affordable location for myself.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Friendly staff and cozy rooms at the College Park Red Roof Inn
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, there were some noise issues due to dogs left unattended by their owners (and I do not see how the staff could have done more than they did to resolve the situation as it was clearly the fault of the owners).

The staff were some of the friendliest people I have ever met. At breakfast, we were greeted with a warm and sincere "Good Morning" every day. Even when there was a problem with a leak in our room, the person on duty was professional, polite, and seemed geniunely concerned with our comfort; this person had us relocated to a different room within minutes. I was highly impressed by everyone I met at this hotel and would recommend this location to anyone I know.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Enjoyed the Red Roof.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I wish there had been a cart on rollers that I could have packed my things on and then rolled everything out to the car.

I didn't have any eggs. The bed(s) were very comfortable. The room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was in great shape and it was nice and cool when I arrived, so that was a plus. Refrigerator and microwave add to the convenience and the location is terrific for business in College Park.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Nice stay with good breakfast!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Parking was tight by the steps, no facilities for older folk with disabilities!!!!

Things were good for the cost, breakfast was good for the cost, staff during day was nice, the night staff,a grumpy old dude whom didn't want to be disturbed!!!!!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Overall nasty experience.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. When asked if we could purchase bottled water he responded with an annoyed "no" despite there being 2 unopened bottles on the desk in plain view. Rooms were unappealing and dingie. we called for an additional pillow but were told that none were available.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Poor
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Charged room although I could not make the day.I showed up the next day and they had cancelled the three day reservation.But they are charging a rate for the last day.

There were no eggs.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

This is a older type MOtel where you enter from the outside...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

No counter space in the bathroom except for small area around sink. (This was the King Accessible room). I hated the walk in shower - it was impossible to not get the room all wet. I would have preferred a tub, but the staff assumed that since I was renting a motorized scooter I would want this. I didn't request it nor did I request to be changed. Either way, the walk in shower was not good for me. The lighting wasn't all that great, but it was adequate. The dog living in the house across from my room had barking issues - but I got used to that fast.

This is a older type MOtel where you enter from the outside directly to your room and park your MOtor vehicle right in front of your door. The building is definitely "dated" - as in built some time ago - but this wasn't a negative. It had an old time motel feel. Everything was as expected. I had a King Bed with awesome pillows. There was a coffee maker, iron, hair blower, microwave & fridge. Enough space to put my stuff away.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Amazing Experience For the Money
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint I had was the lamp in my room was broken, but I reported it on my feedback card and had plenty of other lighting options, so I didn't even notice. I had a minor noise issue with room next door, but the front desk took care of it within twenty minutes, so really --nothing that bad.

The room was just perfect for my needs. I was researching at the local archives, so there was plenty of space for me to spread out of my research, books, and computers. The bathroom and vanity area were really great -- just loved it.

excellent place to enjoy yourself

everything about the hotel

The breakfast was not very appealing.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not very appealing.

“!Quite enjoyable stay , with necessary amenities such as WiFi 24-7, ironing facilities in room, etc

Carpets

Peacefull

Nice
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Good place to stay with your family bowling alley right up the street so many places to eat i had a great stay

for the price should be newer

furniture was old

older property

Everything was perfect

Everything was great.

I liked everything it was nice no one disturbs you it was chilled I enjoyed my stay!

I have nor a choice for one night I have to sleep in. Checked out the next morning.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Requested a non smoking room, however the room smelled like a dirty and old ashtray.

It was ok, but will not stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The place is old, carpet needs replacing, bedding also.

The staff was good and attentive

Dirty towels in bathroom.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

Dirty towels in bathroom. Beds were sunken in....

Poor
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

given 3rd floor had dogs.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

given 3rd floor had dogs.

The staff was nice and we had a good stay
    • Superior King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Beds where to small and uncomfortable

The room was clean and they were nice and friendly

Very comfortable, conveniently located and friendly staff... I will definitely stay there again
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was extra comfy... water was hot........ breakfast was ok... wish I had something hotter than tea to eat...muffins did the trick.

Friendly hotel with large rooms.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Property was much further outside Washington DC than we had expected.

Staff were very friendly

Ok for passing through/one night
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Smell in room, was non smoking but smelled like smoke mayb because a smoking room was nearby

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent Staff and very convenient location to College Park, MD.

thks' i really like it staying there

everything

continental bkf

* Very large and clean rooms

* Nothing

* Very large and clean rooms * Kind staff * Definitely more than a two star hotel

Stay Away!
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bugs in room. Whole facility smelled of bug spray. Bathroom sink area was badly stained and needed to be replaced.

Friendly staff very courteous,

There are better choices
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like urine and had been smoked in despite no smoking signs

Thenprice

I ask non smoking room and the room was stinky of smoke

I ask non smoking room and the room was stinky of smoke

Nice housekeeping staff.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

Room cleaning is a little late-sometimes 3:30 p.m.

Nice housekeeping staff.

Reasonable but need to remodel and upgrade.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of the room, carpet and it was not clean. Grass was very high.

The staff was very friendly. My dog stayed free.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Value for money

Size of the room

The floor cover is so dirty that you cant even step on it without having shoes. Please work on it Breakfast is more than poor☹️

I never will.recommend red roof inn to anyone
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The staff and how the manager handles things

The only thing i liked is that i was able to keep.a roof over my head

Too expensive for amenities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gym closed, sink in bathroom clogged, lights not working, bathroom too small,

Location only

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

crazy night

bathroom was dirty. Cops yelling outside at 3:00am. Parking too small

HVAC worked

i ll just say i had excellent stay
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing i didnt like

I just like the area near the area where there many places to go gas station stores mall food shopping etc

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

All

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

3.0
    The staff persob was rude and very mean...when we asked to see the room , she followed us and the ro

The rooms are smelly and the staff person was rude

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good value for location, I am use to Marriott's and Hilton's, but would consider again in future.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like smoke even though no smoking room.

Closeness to the University