Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Columbus Fairgrounds 3 stars

6.2

5.5

5.9

• King Room - Smoking

The pillows were soft and only one of the beds was firm enough to hold two people the other felt like somebody tried to belly flop on it and break it in half. My room was supposed to be a deal with no taxes but yet i still ended up paying 90$ for a 77$ dollar room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No wash clothes in my room and front desk ask me to come grab them after i had an long day at work and i feel i shouldn't had to go grab wash clothes.. Nd the ppl next door to me where fighting n argument all night so i didnt get no sleep

I didn't have no wash clothes in my room ..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet would run off and on for a minute very often. The seal must not be working well. It was annoying, but something I could deal with.

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot!! I got my money's worth staying here!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a last minute decision to stay in Columbus and the ease of using Booking.com made my choice to stay at Days Inn very easy! The price and location was the easy choice for me!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was terrible, had an awful musty smell. The lock to the door looked like it had been busted off and put back on there several times. Staff was extremely rude. We had a hole in the wall and the carpet was stained. Don’t ever stay here unless you want to question your safety and well being

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness was disappointing. Bed linens were clean, but edges of room need attention and vacuuming. First room in ground level was extremely smelly- w cigarette burns on linen. Second room was better and a bit more comfortable/updated.

Location to downtown was convienient. Complimentary water bottles in room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Their was a concert down the street. All night till 5am people were out of their rooms partying. It was so loud all night no sleep was had. The staff said that why the rooms were so high was for the show and that people payed to party there. I told them I paid to sleep there like a normal person. They told me to deal with it. I was not happy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was the nastiest, filthiest and most disgusting hotel that I have ever stayed. There was black mold on the sink faucet, carpets were filthy, the bed covers were stained, phone probably had not been cleaned in years, the air conditioner was partially loose from the wall and very nasty. I took pictures of the filth to send to Days Inn headquarters. I have never complained about a hotel before, but this place should be shut down.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Authorized our card for twice as much upon checking out but the second charge disappeared the day after checkout.

The location is perfect for Rock on the Range and we try to stay here every year. Room’s climate control is great and everything is reasonably clean plus it has a comfy bed.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nice clean room. Very close to the venue. Staff was courteous and very friendly. Breakfast was good and there was a nice variety of food to choose from.

see above

The room was very dirty and the were mouse droppings on the linen and towels. There were guest smoking pot all around the facility. There were not enough clean towels during our stay. The front desk staff was rude and very unhelpful when it was brought to their attention about the mouse droppings on the linen. If it was not for the location I would have left the hotel. I would not recommend staying there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I checked in after 7:00 pm and realized that many of the people renting rooms at this location were there for the Rock Revue. There were people on the sidewalk drinking alcoholic beverages and playing music loudly. I called management after midnight to tell them my room was shaking from the music next door. The night manager came down to tell my “neighbors” to turn the music down; which they did for a moment but then it resumed. I finally went to the front desk at 12:30 am to check out of the room. The facility felt unsafe. I chose this facility in part because of the Wyndham name and the prestige to which the name holds in my own town.

The property was close to the venue.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

didn't honor price we booked for, was given smoking room even though I booked non smoking for my allergic husband, and I received a double room and booked a king!~!!

comfortable bed, great location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room did seem like someone had smoked in it at one point in time. It is out kind of on it's own. A little intimidating but when a few more cars came about an hour later we felt fine.

We just got orange juice. They did offer items but we had a breakfast at our conference and went to meet our team. The people were nice and the room comfortable. It was two women and the building being out a little ways made us unsure but then we walked in and felt fine and comfortable. When had questions the staff was right on it. Very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that I had to wait 10 minutes at the desk for check in before I finally had to yell is anyone working. They need to have a bell or something to ring.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The “breakfast” consisted of cold mini bagels & Danish, bread to toast, waffles that didn’t cook thoroughly, and coffee that was weak & tasted old (several people agreed with that). The desk staff seemed like they didn’t care about anything or didn’t know what they were doing. The cleaning staff were pleasant and efficient. There was garbage lying around where we walked as well. I felt that the price was too high for the amenities.

The room was clean & comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We booked online a 1st floor Non smoking king deluxe room. My husband is 6'2 Need a king bed. Get there and check in, go to the room and it is 2 full sized beds and stunk of smoke and was on the second floor. Go back to the office and my husband told them what we booked. The fellow says.. we don't have deluxe rooms. Another lady was in tears saying she booked a room that was to have a couple beds and a fold out couch. She has children and all. The fellow says, we don't have any couches. The lady says ok I just need blankets so they can at least sleep on the floor. The fellow again says.. We don't have blankets?? We love Days inn. But this one.... by far low on the totem and price wise.. they took full advantage of the event going on. Over 100 bucks a night. I feel as though booking.com just tries to get rooms sold so they say they have all these amenities and they don't. We did finally get a room with a king bed. Pretty Sketchy area a block or so from the Inn also. I believe there was a shooting and a chopper flying around, possibly news chopper or police. Not sure.

I liked that it was next to the fairgrounds where we needed to be for a rabbit show. Bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were stains on the sheets & desk chair. There were cigarette burns in the comforter. The one double bed looked broken.

It wasn’t too far from where we needed to be. We had a volleyball tournament at the Greater Columbus Convention Center

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room smelled of distinct mold and had leftover food spilled everywhere in the refrigerator and bathtub. Then hotel had the nerve to charge me a thirty dollar fee for still unexplained reasons. Another drug/prostitution motel

The surrounded visitors were very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As a motel experience, there was quiet a bit of exterior noise.

Continental breakfast included bagels, pastries, waffles, boiled eggs, cold milk and hot coffee.

• King Room - Smoking

Everything. The pictures on your website were not of this hotel. There were holes in the walls, loose wires hanging out, baseboards half off the walls, plaster on the floor and the bathroom ceiling looked like it was going to fall. I checked out the same night. It was disgustin

Absolutely nothing

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, especially around and behind the night stand, and the carpet was filthy. Also, the room must have been a smoking room at some point. Only one small bar of soap was provided, no shampoo. You definitely get what you pay for :(

Location and price were positives. Breakfast was limited, but adequate.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property was run down, window boarded up, dog in ROOM next door LEFT unattended, breakfast ITEMS stale, NO grab bars in tub/shower

Location TO event

I called a week in advance to confirm and ask about fees for dogs and was told it was $10 per dog for the stay. Upon arrival there was a sign that said $10 per dog per night. The grounds were littered with trash and beer bottles. The room, a non-smoking room, had burn holes in the carpet,, butts and left over pills on the floor. There was an overwhelming smell of disinfectant; baseboards were moldy and rotting; mold on ceiling; there were 2 large holes in the wall and the toilet needed plunging. Worst of all was the "suspicious activity" going on in the back every night (drugs, prostitution, strange cars coming and going; men hanging around and banging on our door at 1:30 am) Not a good area at all.

McDonalds right next door. Small amount of grass in which to walk the dog.

The location of my room was at the parking lot. Could hear people going and coming in their vehicles and rolling their bags to their rooms early in the morning and very late at night.

When I requested not to be disturbed, the staff respected my request.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything in the room wasn't working. The bathroom lock was busted, the faucet wasn't working. I kept needing extra towels. The continental breakfast was bad. And the desk clerk was very rude!!!

The location from the highway.

To have a night light!

The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. Would have been nice to have a night light, I left mine home. But the little reading light worked fine. We didn't stay for breakfast, but it smelled very good.

The heat had not been turned on and the room was freezing. The heater was malfunctioning, and maintenance fixed it, but it still took 4 hours to warm up enough to take off my coat. They declined to exchange rooms. It was a nonsmoking room, but had so much old smoke that it was hard to breathe. My suggestion is to warm up the reserved rooms for your guests!:

It was totally clean, and had supplies for a great cup of coffee in the morning. There was good WiFi service, nice refrigerator, TV with lots of digital channels.

You get what you pay for. It was a bad hotel or anything but the price was good for what you got.

They had smoking and non smoking rooms. The price was very good. Only a short uber from everywhere.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator and the guest binder in the room was sticky. Also, the bar holding the shower curtain was about to fall off.

The bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is still too expensive for what it is: a motel

It was practical for my trip from the airport and to the city center. The room was clean and the A/C was working good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Tried to call front desk, the phone wouldn't work right. We walked down to office to let them know the frigerator would not work. They said they would come check it. Waited 2hrs before we left, was late for a set dinner time and not sure when they came. We when got back it was replaced. Next morning coffee pot in room wouldn't work and towel rack feel off wall. When we talked to others in our group, they had problems with their rooms also. I addressed the room @ check out. Clerk said sorry. He didn't even offer a discount on room or our next stay. We are a big group that stays bout 3xs a year in Cbus, not to mention all the other towns.

Nice heat

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

At 5am someone tried to enter my room. Lucky the room key didn't work but it was hard to sleep after that. The exterior of the facility was not up to the standard I expected from days inn

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was freeze and gaps in the door. People asking for mor. Cars running all night music blaring for cars. Let call it what it is a crack hotel.

I will be write corporate office about our stay. Very unsafe place to stay................

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The exterior was a little rundown. The window was bored up on one of the nearby rooms.

The room was very clean, A little outdated but as expected. Beds were comfortable

Did not have a wide variety of breakfast choices, and breakfast lounge was very small

For the price and the amount of time we stayed it was very great! Clean, a lot cheaper than most and really close to Ohio State University Stadium! And right beside McDonald’s

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable,the room was supposed to be non smoking but smelled very musty. There were several flys in the room and another kind of bug in the room that was scaring my son and his friend. The room didn’t look near as clean as it did in the pictures. I️ was highly unsatisfied and would never stay there again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our toilet had a black ring in it! It definitely could have been a little cleaner for sure!

Super close to where we were going for an event and leaving in the morning was a snap

o

We were a little disappointed. There were a few things wrong with our room that made it uncomfortable. We asked for a discount and we never got an answer. We have stayed here before and it was better.. I am not sure I will stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Waffle machine did not heat up adequately so waffle was undercooked.

Reasonable rates for clean room with comfortable beds. This is an older hotel but well maintained and met my needs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Cleanliness, very bad odour Picture fell on me from the wall while I Was asleep Didn't get correct rooms even though I rang and confirmed three times

Location Dirty smelly rooms I booked two double rooms Got one double, one single Terrible staff Poor breakfast

Most of the showers get clogged up but that’s really it we like everything about this hotel.

We stay at this hotel every other week on wendsday just to get away from everything around us. The beds are so comfortable and they make sure when you stay more than one night u get clean towels and soaps the next morning.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You had to go all the way to the office to get ice, so I just did without being all the way in the back, and the free wi fi service didn't work.

It was nice and clean

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

when we checked in the lights didn't work over the sink. called the front desk they said they would have it fixed, when we returned to the room it seemed that they were fixed, next morning I went to take a shower and the shower didn't work, and then I went to turn the light on and that didn't work either. went to the front desk to change rooms and was given attitude but was finally given a different room, Was not a great experience and put a damper on the whole stay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone...

the location to the venue I was attending

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price I paid was not the same as my agreed upon online purchases price. I showed them by email booking. They did not care. I would never recommend anyone stay there. Staff terrible Uncooperative. Difficult to understand. Not willing to work with you. I was highly dissatisfied and will let the days inn Corporation know about this I had driven 20 hours to arrive and not have my room ready and was told I could only have an upstairs room when I was with someone who couldn't use stairs. No elevator available. Hotel was basically empty. Was rude and uncooperative staff

The rooms were kept clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t stay in this hotel it looks like a 1/2 hour motel if you know what I mean pool outside cover with cover with green water on top some doors were open yuck lobby was dark and dirty I ask if I had a reservation that I needed to cancel and they said no I would be afraid to stay

• King Room - Smoking

That the door had been kicked in & could see outside through it. People trying to sell me marijuana next door. Owners couldn't communicate in english well. the 4 breakfast tables were packed

The bedding appeared washed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast was offered, but way too close quarters for anyone to move carrying food. People left trash everywhere also making it hard to manage. Food needed to be replaced more frequently.

It was clean, and close to our venue. Staff was helpful. Parking is well lighted and close.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Exterior of the building and the front desk staff need a little cleaning up. Typical Days Inn layout but sorely in need of exterior renovation and front desk staff training. Customer "lounge" breakfast area was in need of up graded lighting, seating, and equipment. No real sit down restauants other than "MickyDs" anywhere close at all.

The room was clean and neat. Beds were comfy. Access to our room was convenient. A McDonalds restaurant is located adjacent to the property, which is handy since the free breakfast area at the hotel was pretty dingy and not conducive to eating there for free.

Shut bathroom door to take a shower and seen the wallpaper fluttering in between shower and toilet..naturally you look at why it moved..a big ass hole with black mold in it and our room had a weird smell..told person at front desk when we checked out and all he had to say was is that all...hate to see what a smoking room smells like..pool was "closed for maintenance, that's probably for the best..will not be returning

Everything worked - but - the swimming pool was down for repairs. It looked like it had been down for quite a while.

The hotel was dated, but, clean. The location was outstanding. We were only a couple miles from everywhere we wanted to go! I would stay there again if I went back to where we visited in Columbus.

See above

The first roommate received had a broken lock on the door and numerous body fluids on the "clean" sheets! After some conversation with the front staff person we were finally moved to a second room which was mediocre at best. I will be writing to the corporate office of this hotel motel. And I suggest that booking.com exit their partnership with this business!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Visible mold stains in the bathroom; the linens were appeared to be clean but the bed runner was stained.

The location is right off the highway and a short drive to the convention center area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we were assigned had mold all over the ceiling in the bathroom. We requested another room and they complied. The next room had a odd old motel smell to it. I was very happy to leave this Days Inn. I would never stay here again.

Not much to like at this property

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was nasty. The carpet was coming up. I walked from the shower to the bed and my feet were black from dirt off the floor. Behind the bed were Cigarettes. The door locks had been busted and was hanging off the door.

The location was perfect for what we needed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Scary place. Wifi is slow. The atmosphere is creepy (neighborhood included). My room had words written in fluorescent tint, noticed when I turned the lights off, scary movie. Unsafe.

Parking in front of the apartment

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Coffee maker had no coffee basket when I told the front desk nothing was done to correct the situation. The room also needs repairs. Carpet wall paint and toilet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed here to get our daughter checked into osu. Old, dirty and dingy hotel. Very sub-standard for Days Inn. And shocker... They have bed bugs! Woke up with 4 big blotches on my left side! Checked the hell out in a hurry, didnt even eat the breakfast. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! You've been warned.

Less than 10 min from osu

• King Room - Smoking

Water was turned off when I needed to get ready for work. I was given credit for a day. I was given a reprimand at my job for not being showered.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our first "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke, but we were moved to another room and it was better.

The room was clean and comfortable. The price was reasonable and we were close to the Ohio University!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed! Bathroom was not the cleanest. Only 2 bath towels for 4 people! Could not get in touch with front desk from our room. We will not stay here again!

The hotel was close to the the fairground.

The door lockset was badly damaged and nearly falling from the door with only one screw holding it in. Definitely made security questionable. The shower diverter in the bathroom (room 115) was badly damaged and difficult to initialize. The paper products (tissues and toilet tissue) were very poor quality and substandard. Towels were "scratchy" but sufficient.

Location was prime. Rates were good. Breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was an absolute nightmare. Horrible location, horrible service, the room was just downright filthy, a/c didn't work, the door wasn't sealed so air and light came right through. Breakfast was sub-par at best and they didn't even have any coffee. Parking was a nightmare because it looked like a local hangout for teenagers, that just stood around there cars all night. Only good thing was it was right off the highway. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worse enemy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom ceiling leaked on me whilst I was using the bathroom. Not sure what was leaking it was gross. Also room had a very musty smell.

Location to OSU

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Our room keys were not working every time I re-enter the room returning from going out. Would have to see the front desk to reactivate the keys

Always keeping our room clean 😁

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The shower curtain didn't cover from wall to wall, so the floor got soaking wet. Luckily, I put a towel down, otherwise I would have slipped and fallen. From the moment I pulled into the parking lot, I regretted making my choice for this Motel. This is not a hotel. All access to the rooms are from the outside. And the surroundings are not pleasant. Consider paying $40 more and stay somewhere better!!! I could hardly sleep because there was a couple upstairs from my room who were arguing and a party going on in the room behind mine. I would never stay here again. I'm highly disappointed.

There wasn't much to like. The first room I was assigned, the key fob didn't work. The second room was a king single. The sheets had cigarette holes in them, the room had a musty smell and the floor was littered with stains

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They double billed my debit card and said the first charge will come off. Until then, theyre ok with hijacking MY money! They clearly couldnt care less about those who can't afford two charges (one real, one temporary) and the hardship and/or overdraft fees it could cause. Pretty heartless! Imagine if every company double billed like this. You would need $200 for every $100 of stuff you bought at lowes, walmart, krogers, speedway, etc! Imagine a world where for every dollar you spent, two are taken out of your account until one is EVENTUALLY put back in! This is YOUR money and may be money you really need! The fact that no other company does this proves how ridiculous it is! Fellas, double charging, even if only for 5-7 days is theft! End this practice immediately!

The bathroom was very rundown and uninviting. I requested a NON SMOKING ROOM however everything smelt of cigarette. There was bugs crawling on the floor.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee pot was not clean. The pool was closed. The extra towels were still damp. The bed was nice and soft. The room was quiet. The water in the shower was nice and warm.

Bed was a bit hard for my liking. The one pillow case was pretty yellowed. There was a small bit of mold forming in the bathroom on the ceiling. Carpets could be updated. The tv channel list was old and not correct. The breakfast was not good. The juice had a funny taste and the danish was dried out. Only other option was toast cereal or waffle. Pool shut down for mechanical issues.

The rooms were clean and somewhat updated. it was quiet. Good polite service from front desk. Decent amount of parking. Wifi worked ok after taking a bit to get connected.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The carpet was filthy,we booked a non smoking room months in advance then when we arrived we where told there was no more non smoking rooms.We booked our room at a pre arranged price then when we arrived they changed the price, the so called breakfast sucked. I have stayed at motels at much cheaper rates,that where a heck of a lot better

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

just wasn't clean, corners were dirty. floor/carpet didn't look clean. room smelled musty. Bed was ok, no bugs. sink faucet very loose, we were afraid we were going to pull it off when using it. overall just not a very inviting. stayed first night but cancelled 2nd night.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the stair coverings were in poor condition and the pool was out of service

Right off an interstate, easy to find, good parking. The bed was very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

didn't like that you could hear the other guests in their rooms, also able to hear the highway traffic. was able to hear the water running in other rooms, like beside us and the rooms above all the time. The bathroom was so small that the sink to wash your hands was outside the bathroom. We stayed for 3 days only had room service on first day of staying, only linens on the second day. Only has one ice machine to serve 2 floors of rooms and it is very small.

I like that the hotel was really close to the Ohio State stadium(like 3mins).

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

vending machine was empty, pool was closed, over priced, poor lighting, dirty carpet, dirty walls, no tv remote, just a bad gut feeling about the place. Upon further research we (my brother and I) discovered that it was in the worst part of town. We tried to order pizza from Hounddogs Pizza and they refused to deliver after dark, they said " we stay out of that area of town at night, sorry"

Bed was ok, if there was any way to get a full refund I would do it no problem. Upkeep on the facility was poor, sketchy locks on the doors, poor lighting, and no pool.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Columbus Fairgrounds traveller photo gallery