Reviews of Econo Lodge - Cranston/Providence 2 stars

4.7

5.9

4.3

5.3

Bed Bugs are not good roommates. The place should be condemned.

The bed bugs.

I arrived around 11:30 pm. I checked out of the hotel at 2:30am because I was awaken by numerous (bed bug bites.) I captured a bedbug and took it to the font desk to demand a refund of my room and the man did not seem surprise nor did he offer any consolation or consolement. Needless to say I was not paying for unwanted roommates. I have pictures as proof.

It was too late to try to find a hotel for our group because of the college graduation on the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Overall cleanliness and conditions. My son and his wife with two year old twins stayed in a room and found a crack pipe in the tissue box and the management was not at all concerned however it was extremely unsettling to think that the children could have gotten a hold of some type of drug that was left. Apparently the room was not cleaned properly. The manager replied that after all it is a smoking room, not concerned that smoking crack and smoking cigarettes is two entirely different things. I specifically requested non smoking rooms through the website and upon check in.

Unfortunate that they are still in business, this place needs a lot of work.

Everything.

Absolutely disgusting hotel room. It wasn't appealing or clean. The bathtub was clogged, and the walls are paper thin. Walls are cracked, and the door doesn't seal well. Not worth 100$ for a night!

Horrible except bed was comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was old and dusty and moldy(ceilings, tub). Asked for a room not on ground floor , was told NO, even though there was only 4 cars in parking lot. Rude person at front desk Air conditioner hanging off wall so it was so noisy all night , on s main road, cars flying by at 60 mph Furnishings have been there since the 70’s Looks ok on outside , disguising inside

Bring your cleaning supplies and a candle
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Where do I start!? The photos were misleading. The bathroom had not been cleaned, the sink would not drain, the hot water (what hot water), the beds old and springs in your back, and no TV or phone to call front desk! We are not the kind of people that needs 5 Stars, but clean is all I ask for and a non smoking room to be NOT to have been smoked in! Well needless to say this property was not it!

The location and that was it!

A refund will be greatly appreciated

The rug had wet spots on it. The bathroom since leaked from the bottom when in use it splashed my legs when I turned it on to brush my teeth and washing my face. Bathroom smelled moldy. Had a mildew smell. The breakfast was disappointing... Apple juice and orange juice taste sour/bitter. One type Tiny bagel and one type of muffin . Couldn’t find the pancake mix to make pancakes. We just walked away and had breakfast at Dunkin’ Donuts.

The location is great. Garden City . Plenty of parking available.

Don't waste your money or time on this place!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If there was there was a spot for half a star I would pick it, I found this place on here, and for the price the pictures seemed nice, I guess I should have read the reviews like I do before I buy stuff on line, I wouldn't have wasted my money!!! After checking in for a night out for my birthday, the first room we check in smelled like cigarette smoke and bed was half assed made, holes in bed spread, room was nasty. So I called from my cell phone because the room phone was disgusting. They moved us to a different room that was little better, as far as the bed, but the bathroom was nasty, the, toletseat fell off, tube had a hole in it....it was dirty, we just went to dinner, then back by my mother's house to get our own sheets, blankets , lysol, and kaboom . Because it was late and couldn't find a room that short notice. I highly do not recommend this place it's not worth the money , maybe in a zombie apocalypse! at least once our stuff was on the bed it was comfortable to sleep in....doing a redo on the birthday night at the Marriott soon!!!!

It was close enough to my mother's house to get our own clean sheets and blanet.

Perfect location for our Johnson and Wales visit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More options for Breakfast would have been nice like yogurt, fresh fruit and flavored creamers for the coffee as well as more options for bagels and muffins. But otherwise perfect for what we needed it for and very nice to have a huge complex of stores and restaurants right across the road from it too

The location was perfect for our stay only a few minutes away from Johnson and Wales University where my daughter will be attending school this fall

I like They had plenty of store to shop in get food around...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

That the room was dirty bathroom old in dirty nothing look updated it look like a shack room

I like They had plenty of store to shop in get food around the area

It was a pleasant stay
    • King Room - Smoking

I didn't like them not having enough towels for guests. Some of the employees didn't know where things where that guest may need.

I like the cleanliness. It wasn't bad besides the room smelling like smoke.

The mattress was very uncomfortable, the shower curtain pole...
    • King Room - Smoking

The mattress was very uncomfortable, the shower curtain pole kept falling, and the smell in the room was horrendous I had to leave the window open to get some of the smell out, first smoking room that I stayed in that actually smelled.

Not a happy customer
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

People are very loud all hours of the night. At checkout i needed a extra 10 mins to finish getting ready they wanted a extra 20 dollars for ten extra minutes. When i came to check in i got there at 11 am and he wanted a extra 20 dollars because check in wasnt till 3pm this is a rip off worse then motel 6

N/a

Awful I will never go back or recommend this location to anyone.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, place was a dump blows on the walls holes in the walls, needle caps right in front of our room door, hairs on the "clean" bath towels, cigarette holes in bedding, dirty shower,room was non smoking but smelled like someone had just smoked a whole pack before we got in. Over all this place is a dump.

Near a lot

Awful

See above.

The whole place is disgusting. Dirty rugs and floors. Sheets, if clean, were placed on bed, not tucked in. Mold in shower. This was our second room...neither was good. If not so late...11 o’clock...we would have looked elsewhere. Can’t think of anything we liked.

It’s a trap!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

After a long drive from Connecticut I checked in and immediately went to the bathroom, when I lifted up the toilet cover I found pee drops on the toilet seat!!! I had to rush to an event so I did not complain at the time just wiped it off and used it. Later that night before sleeping I found out that the bed sheets were dirty, I spotted PUBIC HAIR! That was definitely the last straw to complain. The new bed sheets smelled like pee but at least they were clean. The guest in the room next time mine checked out the next morning and the cleaners came to clean up, they were talking so loud it prevented me from sleeping so I went to inform them to lower their voices, one of them yelled “go sleep no one is bothering you” and shut the door on my face, at least they got more quiet afterwards. When I mentioned this situation to the main desk he didn’t say or do anything, not even apologize for the rudeness. The breakfast is just coffee and hard to eat bagel. I paid $100 per night but it does not even worth $40. To be honest it is the worst motel I ever been to in my life.

It’s a little close to the location of the event I was attending.

Just what I paid for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathtub is not in good condition and there was residue from the previous visitors in the trash can.

The location of the hotel is very easy to get to.

It was a bed in a room with a locked door.

My non smoking room smelled like smoke and the bedspread had burn holes. I had to dust my room, even the headboard was dusty. There was still melted water in the bucket after the staff "cleaned" my room. The breakfast room had a dirty microwave and a pancake machine that was out of batter. I asked for more batter, the desk attendant refilled it without a word and no eye contact, ignoring the puddle of batter and milk on the counter right in front of him. There was milk in a thermos carafe that was warm. I went down there a few days later and I swear it was the same milk. It was at the same level, thick and smelled badly. I dumped it out.

God location in relation to the airport and other attractions.

The gentleman on reception was helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property is very dated. Needs a major refurbishment. The location is fairly isolated. Breakfast was very poor.

The gentleman on reception was helpful.

I think the price was a little high for the place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The old smell in the room... they need to update the bathroom and re-paint the wall to bright colors...

The continental breakfast was very poor. It need it more variation...

Not happy in general

Everything.

First the picture of the the room on their website is far from the actual room, meaning the pictures looks nice. second the room is not as clean as I expected,so folthy, my boyfriend got bed bugs bites on his feet, third breakfast is too boring, fourth it was too noisy that the person in the front desk couldn't even let the keep down the noise, fifth the price is not worth it (never will I make a reservation in this place)

Bed was clean and comfortable.
    • King Room - Smoking

Breakfast was over by nine am,so no breakfast for me.burn holes in comforter,every light shade busted,mold around tub and staff didn't understand a do not disturb sign.

Bed was clean and comfortable.

Not nice or good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything to include drug addicts in the area and users in property

Breakfast was old bagel and muffins cereal was old that was it and little room to eat no kitchen would never stay there again

I have never stayed in a more disgraceful place..it wasn't worth the money whatsoever
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything,for example the linens were dirty, the room smelled like smoke and pets and it was a non smoking room..very unhappy with my stay there.

Never again ,Bates Motel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness, removal of bugs and better tentative staff accommodation's, I am not sure if this goes to the proper authorities, I will be taking further action if I am not responded to. Thank you

There were bugs all over the room and dust everywhere, I am not going to held responsible for the negligence of this place, and I am asking for a complete reimbursement for the entire evening, I and my husband were petrified to go back to the place and were very uncomfortable, I will be reporting this facility and Booking.com if nothing is done about this situation. Toni Cicillini-Repoza

The sheets on the bed had NOT been changed.

Above. The staff could have cleaned the room

The sheets on the bed had NOT been changed. We had to have the bed changed at 11:30PM. In the bed was a wadded up tissue. That was a TOTAL TURN OFF. The place was a dump.

Rooms are in need of proper cleaning and sanitation. Photos and price needs to reflect conditions

The room was dirty everywhere you look, cobwebs, mildew and bathroom not properly sanitized. We did not take a shower for that reason.

We would to have a room that is clean and in the proper sanitary and health conditions to relax from travel. The breakfast I cannot comment as we were so disappointed from the room's cleaniness that we did not decide to go to the breakfast.

Comfortable stay Clean (No frills)
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower didn't drain properly Magnetic strip door key didn't work several times WiFi didn't work but they insisted it did

Bed was very comfortable Morning coffee!

I would only stay here again if I got a better deal.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You have to climb out your window to get to the balcony, smelled like stale smoke, front desk guy could have been a bit friendlier. The breakfast buffet was not appetizing at all!

It's conveniently located. The man who brought linens was very friendly

Beds were soft and clean, rooms were very clean just small...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was a little to small for family of four. I am handicapped, space between bed and bath door very tight

Beds were soft and clean, rooms were very clean just small for 4 people

The room was fine, I just needed a place to stay and get...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was dirty. That was quite unpleasant but I arrived late at night and did not want to have to deal with anything then. The bathroom had hairs (not mine) on the floor and I could tell the cleaning had either not been done, or they had just emptied the trash bin. So, quite unpleasant.

The room was fine, I just needed a place to stay and get some rest. it covered that expectation.

A good Place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They should have better lighting in the rooms one light couldn't turn on no switch. Had to plug coffee pot into the bathroom because couldn't reach outlet behind the desk. No microwave in room they sell microwave popcorn in the vending machine but you have to go to the office to use microwave.

The convince to where we were visiting

Disgusting
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I'm sorry to say I didn't like anything about it... it was way over priced. The room was disgusting it smelled like cigarettes and alcohol and there were multiple cigarette burns in the blankets. The towels were very dingy and stained. I did not enjoy my stay here at all,I was a little nervous actually and would not recommend this place to my worst enemy...

Dirty place

The place is a discrease. It is so dirty, that I was afraid to even take a shower there. I didn't mind the old furniture but at least it should have been clean. Save yourself and don't book this place.

Horrible hotel, dirty rooms and bathroom. Stay away!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1. Rooms were disgusting. The first non smoking room I was assigned smelled horribly of smoke, there were cigarette holes in comforter, bed looked to not have been freshly made. 2. While in the new room I was assigned had a cleaner bed and fridge was clean the furniture was falling apart, 3 out of 4 towels had mascara and other makeup on it, bathroom was dirty, the hair dryer so caked in dust it didn't look safe to use 3. Finding the room itself was challenging as the room number signs were so small you had to get out of car to see them. Our room was on the second floor and was not convenient to get to. 4. Overall horrible hotel will never stay or recommend other than to tell people NOT to stay

The location was convenient to the highway

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Staff were very kind.

Cleanliness

Staff were very kind. My room very dirty. Cigarette burn holes in bedspred. Dirty bath. Microwave in breakfast area filthy. Such a nice location... Too bad

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The bed was comfortable and the staff was nice.
    • King Room - Smoking

The heater was broken, the in room coffee pot was broken and there was a critter in my bathtub when i walked in.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was nice. They allowed me to check in a couple hours early.

I never write reviews but due to the exceptional quality of my experience, I had to respond.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything else. The bath mat was damp. The bathroom ceiling tiles were stained in multiple places. The bathroom rod fell. Fortunately no injuries. I told friends I thought I was staying in a shanty town. How the score of 2.9 was determined mystifies me. It's a one (1.0) at best.

The heater worked. I was there in the winter. The toilet flushed and refilled. The temperature of the hot water was good. The bed was good but I was concerned about whether there were any bed bugs. I spoke with the staff and they listened.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Unsatisfied Customer

The manage was not customer friendly. I booked two rooms he gave me keys for one. Thank God for smart phones so I was able to access my email confirmation booking that proved I paid for two rooms. Non-smoking room stank of cigarettes, pulled back the sheets and blanket fleece sheet had cigarettes holes is it. The was not clean. The bathroom wall and bath tube was dirty. The worst part was the spider running out of the pillow case. I do not consider $125 per night cheap. Never again will i stay or recommend the hotel. The boys next door were literally having a party there and that is all it is good if thats what you want to do.

unfriendly *dirty toilet * room musty smell
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Manager very poor in assisting needed linen for the extra bed and pillows gave us a hard time in receiving two extra pillows We weren't treated with friendly service was told to come to the office and pick up the one extra pillow that he was willing to give us

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Mediocre Hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't clean when I got there, no towels in the room. The room was shabby, with an uncomfortable bed. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

On the cheaper end of hotels near Providence. Quiet in the evening.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Not safe, dirty room rude employees
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not helpful, The room was non smoking but the bed spread was covered in cigarette burns, the shower had mold in the corners, the paint was peeling off the bathroom door, parts of the wall had missing wallpaper, sketchy people were knocking on the door asking for things. I did not feel safe at all in this location I asked for my money back and the desk person said no, I told him I would write a bad review and he said "you can't do nothing to me"

Location was the best part

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The space was small breakfast ended early and starts early.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was disrespectful and I felt like he was no help to me at all

The space was small breakfast ended early and starts early. No microwave after 9 am no bathroom in lobby area. Etc

Nice stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

That the guest next door knocked at my door at 5am asking for a lighter. This sort of spooked me because I couldn't reach the front desk and I was afraid to leave my room. I never did open my door to this stranger though.. Other than that I was happy

I liked that the staff was very accommodating nice and friendly

I hated everything about it they also stole my bag with my...

It was nasty horrifying

I hated everything about it they also stole my bag with my stuff which I am going to report to the police

Clean and quite

Clean and quite

A so so place

Bed was really hard. Breakfast was terrible. No plates or silver ware

Clean

Just a bad experience

Place was very disappointing

I liked the location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was there a week and the room wasn’t cleaned not once. I mean not even vacuumed.

I liked the location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. It looked like a old abandoned hotel. The only good thing was that I didn’t find any critters

Not again.
    • King Room - Smoking

Room was dirty, heater was broken, staff was not helpful at all

Crusty old hotel

Everything really

Nothing really

They were worried about the pet fee

All about pet fee

They were worried about the pet fee

Terrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Nothing was clean the bathroom had mold and the owner should be embarrassed.

Nice and clean

Dirty Room
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was not clean at all spider webs the corners refrigerator had mold inside it this hotel needs to be remodel over room by room

Nothing at all

It was not clean, had inside at the roof, ac heater was not...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was not clean, had inside at the roof, ac heater was not working properly

Too expensive for the lack of cleanliness, quality of the room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was rundown, old, unclean....hair in shower, sink, burn marks on sheets...

Easy access to highway, stores

BED BUGS!

BED BUGS!!

It needs some work.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property needed updates, paint at least. It could have been cleaner. It was a little pricey for what you get.

The bed was comfy.

Nothing really catch my eye

Price is not worth the stay

Nothing really catch my eye

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place is filthy, and should be shut down.

Awful awful.. no sleep!! Then early reminder to get out.. its check out time!!

Price..

Awful.. beds Awful.. facilities Awful pillows Awful Awful Awful...everything!!!😡

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Horrible!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole: The place was dirty!

nothing!!

Not bad at all ... wish there where more deals because I come to RI once a month and stay here cause

Cleanness

They need to clean better.

They need to clean better.

Not worth my Monday

People

Staff was rude

All that I required.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Large room with comfortable double beds and clean functioning en-suite.

horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

As soon as I walked in we walked into a spider web. Bathroom had cheap all over the toilet. The room was near and dusty.

Okay

Outside was nicer than the room. Old everything.

Staff was good. location good also.

Close to shopping,food entertainment and staff was very...
    • King Room - Smoking

Close to shopping,food entertainment and staff was very pleasant

Pillow went missing and they charged my card extra 20.

Pillow went missing and they charged my card extra 20.00 bad customer service

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

RIP off
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

$200.00 for dogs.. Really...

I didn't feel comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Nice & quiet, attentive staff.
    • King Room - Smoking

Nice & quiet, attentive staff. Location is great near many shops & restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Definitely an option
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee was gone! Everything else looked inedible.

Perfect for a quick stay. Close to Providence, reasonably clean, working TV, quick check-in.