Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Orlando Airport Florida Mall 2 stars

9301 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837, USA

#284 of 407 hotels in Orlando

While the hotel provided a basic breakfast, they could improve this. Waffles were great but other things were basic

Staff very friendly & helpful. Nice pool area. The whole place was clean & tidy. The room provided all the things you would need - fridge, microwave, coffee/tea making facilities, iron/ironing board.

Low ceiling in the stairs. Bumped head and had to get staples!!! Clean but saying it was at the Florida mall was a bit of a stretch..the mall was down the street but deceiving to have it in the name

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that when there were bugs in the beds and they were going to give us a different room the person who met us at the new room would not let us look under the sheets. So of course we checked out

I liked that it was an easy on and off to the airport, but there were bugs in the beds

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room (not nice but bearrable, I think it is from aromatizer that they put on the cartpet, mixed with the actul smell from it); no elevator - can be challenging if you have a heavy suitcase and your room is on the upper floor

Free shuttle to the airport, good wifi

Night 1: checked in and my bathroom was soaked in urine. Night 2: lightening struck around 8pm so my AC went out..which didn't come on until 10am the next day because I was never told breakers had been fixed early morning so I could use again. After about a week moved to a different room that had roaches.... Housekeeping comes by 3_4 times to ask if you're staying or going, got put on the do not rent list after no incident leading up to it, no complaints even about the issues named above, and no explanation provided by management, she refused to even speak to me.

Front desk staff always doing everything they can to accommodate you.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The smell. It reeked of tobacco and frankly we were too tired to go back to the front desk to ask for a new room. The room looked dirty the chairs were stained and so was the tub.

Very close to the airport. The breakfast was good.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of dump, bleach, dirty air con. Bed sheets were filthy. I can’t say there were dirty but they were def older than the hotel 😏

the staff were nice, it was fairly close to the airport, around 10 mins with no traffic, however next time I’d rather pay more and stay further away.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The shower spigot and water handles was coming out of the wall, the soap dish was falling off, the room was a smoking room and they said they were full, but had open rooms both nights of my stay. We bought febreze to spray the room to so it was tolerable for us to stay!!

The price is the only good thing I can say about the property

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was outdated and the light switch made a lot of noise.

Hotel front desk Ms Annie is a wonderful person, she explained us everything very nicely. Hotel is at a good location and surrounded with shopping and many restaurants. Room is a bit outdated but bed was comfortable. Facilities are good with a pool open until 10.30 pm. There is a shuttle to Orlando airport starting from 6 am till 10.30 pm.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The young lady as clerk when we checked in was the friendliest, most approachable and most informative hotel clerk I have ever experienced. Also very satisfied with the breakfast choices.

The room definitely needs to be updated since the room I stayed in had a lot of cosmetic issues like a hole in the wall in the corner of the room and the shower head being loose and cracks in the wall above the curtain. The staff were great about getting those patched up until they could do a more permanent fix after our stay. It didn’t bother myself and my boyfriend since nothing was leaking or getting in it was just an issue that needed to be addressed. Also for me I had a problem with the mattress if I was on it too long, all night, I would wake up a lot due to my back hurting. My boyfriend had no problems with it so maybe it was just my side.

The staff were fantastic, everyone was really nice and took care of things quickly.

A very basic motel room but with all the required facilities. The decor was old and the room was small.

1)Very good breakfast and parking right in front of the room. 2)Very good location. 3)Loved the very cheap and awesome food at Melao Bakery Restaurant next to the hotel.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The open plan left us feeling a little vulnerable from outside visitors or even other guests. The walls are very thin and sound travels easily, we could hear every time upstairs flushed their toilet and every one who had to bring their suitcases down the stairs (there was no lift). The aircon made the room smell like damp and the quality of the beds left little to be desired. Lastly we chose not to use the shower facilities due to the dust and mould. Despite all this, everything here is as to be expected at a hotel for such value.

After being completely put off Days Inn with a previous trip to Days Inn Pensacola Beach earlier in our trip we were very wary about how our stay would be here (we already had prepaid otherwise we would have rebooked elsewhere). We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodation, although basic and a bit shabby it was what we had expected. Close enough to a few fast food places and with a free airport shuttle. Would only recommend for a 1 or 2 night stay.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I had a problem with my reservation. It isn't a Hotel issue, by the way. It was my mistake. I make a reservation in a smoking room instead a non-smoking as a non-smoking person. However, when I arrived in that place the front desk was unpleasant to help me. She just told me that there was nothing to do about that problem. Just my lucky. I've spent, as a result, 5 days in a disgusting bad smelling smoking room. Besides that the sink was clogged and I've bought with my own money the clog remover to solve the problem.

hotel Ok if you are looking for some place simple but not cheap.

The tub didn't drain so only one of us got a shower!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Liked that breakfast and shuttle to airport was included.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More seating for the breakfast area

The women for check in Debbie was great she went above and beyond what she had to do I had to modify our stay through booking then when i went back onto booking to rebook the room they were all sold out Debbie rebooked us through the hotel at a small increase from what booking charged. The property was great the continental breakfast was great just needed more seating.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A filthy armchair was placed next to the bed to cover a tear in the carpet. We did not dare to sit in that armchair nor put any clothes on it. We also were afraid to take off our shoes because we were afraid the carpet might be just as filthy. The room was facing a freeway and we had to use earplugs.

Close to the airport, friendly reception and checkout. Breakfast Okay.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, and smelled strongly of mildew/moisture. Something thick and sticky was on the knobs to the dresser. Plaster flaking from the ceiling all over the desk chair, and some on the carpet too. Upholstered chair obviously stained; we did not use it or covered it with a towel. The tub drained verrrrry slooooooowly. It made showering myself and bathing my kiddo difficult. We didn’t really have time for the pool, but I also didn’t make time because it looked a little green our first morning there. The freezer compartment didn’t really work in the fridge which was disappointing since we were using ice packs and a lunch box to take uncrustables and yogurt sticks to Disney World.

The front desk staff was very friendly. The property was well lit, and I felt safe. The TV was a generous size and display. The in room fridge was a nice size.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very old.Bathroom door did not shut. Toilet seat had brown stains on it. Bathroom walls were stained and dirty in the corners. Towel bar in bathroom was rusty. Room outlets were loose so when you plugged something in it fell out. Carpet was not vacuumed well, especially the corners, there was lots of lint and fuzzes in the corners. Was missing hangars. When we asked for a couple more they said they did not have any.

The staff was friendly. The room was of good size for us. Provided pool towels.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The drain in the shower was clogged and while showering i was basically standing in a puddle of water.

Very nice staff, big rooms, waffle makers available for breakfast, great value!

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Cleaninless was 2/5. It smelt musty and didn’t feel clean. They defiantly need to update their carpet and floors. I wouldn’t stay here again because of this.

Free breakfast. Friendly staff

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was put in room that should have been out of order. The door leading to the second room couldn't lock, the television signal dropped every 5 minutes. It took the "manager" Ceaser 3 days to finally put my room out of prder.

This place was horrible!!

I thought the receptionist could’ve been friendlier and a bit more co operative. The shuttle only runs every hour to the airport.

The price and that it had a pool.

A/C was loud and bathroom fan was terribly loud

Pool was great and clean The people were very nice. Breakfast was OK. Airport service was great. Taxis very accessible

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was terribly outdated and pretty disgusting

People were great but facilities are very poor...falling apart and bathroom was disgusting and thankfully only a few hours stay to catch a flight. In a great location to airport.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You either had a choice of hot water or cold water in the shower not in between. Other then that my stay was wonderful no major issues. It was so hot a cold shower was perfect for me but my husband did not like it. Also the breakfast is just bread and drinks no eggs and bacon ECT

Check in was wonderful and quick. Room was cleaned daily had a beautiful view of the pool. Bed was super comfortable. The hotel was so close to everything as well twenty mins of less to all major places. If you are looking for good food while there is plenty of restaurants on the strip along the hotel!

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I really wanted to like this place as I'd just come from Days Inn Convention Center which was very good. However, I was put in a room facing the main noisy highway, there were hairs in the bath and around the taps, I went to the pool area and the deposits from the highway made the area around the pool floor black ; ( I went to breakfast and there was a long queue for the waffle maker in particular, orange juice was just water with orange cordial, not nice and a super small selection of anything. Grateful to have a least the hot waffle and tea! As its free, can't complain too much right! If you just want somewhere to crash before a flight great but I wouldn't stay longer and I'd request a clean pool facing room. If you're looking for a more a vacation stay I'd go away from the traffic and pay a bit more for more amenities.

Cesar on Reception was helpful and was kind enough to give me a late checkout. He also helped as I forgot something in the room. I managed to change my booking from smoking to non-smoking too. Bed comfortable enough as I was super tired! There was a great free shuttle service to the airport and a free basic breakfast. It was very close to the airport. On a main bus route (108 into Florida Mall) with a few basic eateries around.

• Standard Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access/Smoking

I was in a smoking room, and I believe I asked for non smoking, but it was okay. I just left the door open a little while.

Friendly and helpful people at the desk.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not recommended for experienced travelers. Unless you like run down accommodations in a creepy part of town and you also like being shook down for an extra $75 deposit at check in. If you put the $75 on your credit card they say it will be back (maybe) in your account in 5 days. If you pay cash, they hold your funds till checkout and tell you you need to wait till they send a maid to check your room. Meanwhile you wait in the lobby and the check out guy tells you he will let you know. Tick tock. You feel like you just robbed the place but truthfully there is nothing worth taking.

Our room was clean but generally in disrepair and in need of a complete redo. Lighting was dark and dingy, the interior and exterior doors had rust around the edges, the bathroom sink did not empty, the toilet had a crack in the bowl, the bathtub had dirty caulking, the tub faucet leaked, but at least the shower head was new and had pressure.

The room needs repairs and was told that airport shuttles were available when our flight came in but it wasn't. That's the reason for choosing this hotel. We had to pay for an uber which was an extra $30 . We were told to call back for manager but has been getting the run around!!!! Not pleased

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The cleanliness, the customer service, the cleanliness. THE BUGS!! The breakfast was like a mad rush no room to move around, too small of a space.

The first room we got had a broken lock on the door, the lamp bulb was out, it has a terrible smell, it faced the busy highway 528 and was loud so they moved us away from the highway to accommodate us, however this one was worse. The second room had a toilet that ran all night, the tile and tub were so dated and grungy I didn't want to shower in it, and the absolute worse part is waking up to a roach on the ceiling. I called the manager and he offered no other resolution other that to move rooms again or check out. He didn't even kill the bug and take it out the room with him when he left. Needless to say we checked out. No discounts or credits were offered. Oh and the Pool area was a lack there of as well. No clean towels, the waterfall feature shown on the site is broken, the tiki bar is non operational. This place needs serious renovations. Even at this price point I would expect more attention to detail. the one older lady at the desk was pleasant however I was not pleased with the demeanor of both Caesars that I encountered. Very passive and unconcerned. I will not be staying here again and I will not recommend it to others either.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was clean but my toilet was broken and the seat was peeling. It looked shady and I wasn’t sure if it was safe to use so I bought my own Clorox wipes to clean the toilet seat. Every time you sit on it it feels like your going to fall off or it’s going to come apart. Then the curtains didn’t match the bedding it looked kind of tacky.

It was clean for the most part.

Staff was rude, I drove in from Michigan (18 hour drive) arrived at the hotel at 2 pm and because check in was at 4 pm they made me wait until 3 pm for check in because they said there were other people ahead of me. Why would that matter their checkin would be the same as mine but I areived before they did. They then continued on talking about us in Spanish!! VERY RUDE

Queue for breakfast was disappointing. It would have been nice if it had been possible to check out later.

Staff were brilliant. Room was great. Free Airport Shuttle, fantastic.

I asked for a room early in the morning and the lady at the lobby made me wait for 2 hours because I quote: "Booking.com didn't give her the information"

• Standard Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access/Smoking

1. called many times for shuttle from airport but put on hold by voice mail Finally was able to get shuttle, Quan the driver was very nice. 2. Returned to the room at 8pm, loud power tools were being used in the next room (138). Called front desk and noise immediately stopped.

Good variety of breakfast foods good air conditioner nice pool area good location

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Annie, the night staff, was very professional and informative. This hotel offers a lot of amenities for the price and the proximity to the airport was ideal. We brought our pet which was convenient. The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfast was better than expected for a quick buffet. Also, the morning staff was very friendly.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

highway noise was too loud. Windows didn't block sound. Shower faucet knobs didn't work right; soap dish broken, bathroom door didn't close properly; shuttle service unavailable before 6am (whole reason for staying near airport).

Bed was comfortable. TV had lots of channels

Hotel could do with updating. I also asked for a map so I could navigate my way around I got told we don’t have maps why would I need one pretty poor.

Location was good only 5-10 min walk to train station

Shuttle times too rigid. Breakfast served too late. Hotel was once nice but it’s rundown now. One person at front desk meant long waits to check in. It’s obvious from the award plaques in the front lobby that the hotel has become rundown in the last 5 years.

Price

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel shuttle took forever to get to us. We called as soon as we got off the plane and 45 minutes later we were still waiting for our turn in the van. The driver was super nice when he got to us, and he was also great the next morning, I think the administration just doesn't have the man power to handle the amount of people coming in.

The place was clean, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was better than expected. If you need a safe place close to the airport this one can't be beaten for the price.

rented 2 rooms-they couldn't have been farther from the lobby-they were so very noisy next to the highway, and there was very loud construction being done at 4 am

van driver to airport was very nice; Dominican Restaurant nearby was excellent

Horrible!!! 1 star! The bathroom was disgusting. There was pee in the shower and stains on the carpets and the carpet felt wet. We requested a new room and that wasn’t any better. The toilet barely flushed. We asked the front desk towels and it took an hour because the housekeeping went home... it was not worth $112 a night it looked like a cheap motel room. Definitely would not have stayed the second night if the surrounding hotels weren’t booked!

The bed was too hard. The towels were not soft. It would have been nice to have more options for breakfast. The breakfast room needs to be re-arranged so that the lines move more efficiently. There was a back-up just because of people waiting for the waffler. The bread could have been placed on the other side with the toaster or have the waffler on the other side instead.

Great location. Very clean facilities and room. Good value.

Rooms appeared clean although my daughter was running around in bare feet in the room and had black feet afterwards. Fridge worked. Beds soft. Smell dingy / smokey even though smoke free room.

Stayed here only because a lowish price (still $100),location near airport (17 min away no traffic) and had very early morning flight out . Staff nice and helpful although told us where to park so can keep an eye on the car which didn't give me the warm and fuzzy to start.

Pick up from the airport is very difficult and I found the receptionist/clerk at the front desk very unaccommodating and not helpful. I had to use my long distance cell phone to call once and she put me on hold for over 5 minutes. When I called back she tried to put me on hold again and then told me I had to go to the pick up area and call again. When I did she tried to put me on hold one more time and rudely told me that "check ins" take priority and I would just have to waste money sitting on my international cell phone until she was ready. All she had to to was ask the shuttle to pick me up! Why advertise a free shuttle when it costs so much time and money to organize! I think if I spoke Spanish it would not have been a problem. Breakfast doesn't start until 6:30am and if you have to travel before that time you cannot even get a coffee. Room had a musty smell.

The price was the only thing.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rude front desk yelled at guess . Cockroaches in rooms sink tub and microwave broke refused new room cuz once u have bugs they r n every room.... they cages a raccoon and we had to watch it suffer.. so we let it go...manager lies.... Do not stay here.. terrible place

Nothing worst place I've ever been in

Getting into parking lot off main roa, narrow entrance and not much of a warning also tricky turning from the left lane with a U turn to get to entrance.

The price and location to mall and airport

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place is definitely tired looking and needs an overhaul however the price does reflect this. The restaurant was closed. It would be great to have a shuttle service that starts at 5am.

Used this hotel twice. First check in the gentleman was not friendly at all. Second time was a young lady and she was great.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I requested an early wake-up call from the girl behind the desk, who seemed preoccupied with her phone-- she wrote the time down, but she mumbled something about it under her breath which I thought wasn't too professional. For assurance, I set my alarm on my phone-- which turned out to be an insight-- the wake-up call never came when I needed it. --Then, the people next door on both sides of my room were loud, partying, banging around and sounded like they may have been very drunk. I booked this through a suggestion from Booking.com-- neither of which I'll do again. I've never written a bad review about anything, so for the overnight I was there, I figure this is a $125 learning lesson.

The best part of the stay was the man driving the airport shuttle-- he was nice, cordial, and got me to the airport easily. That means, of course, I was just happy to get out of there.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No very friendly receptionist, TV didn’t work, room was old and tile chipping in bathroom , carpet dirty.

They said to let them know if you needed transportation from the airport . I did but they did not respond, took me over an hour to find their transport van and 6 phone calls, many which they didn’t answer. The TV did work , said their was a cable problem.

The breakfast is carb-rich; I'd like to have seen some protein!

The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. Even though my room was facing the road, I was able to sleep well. The airport shuttle was convenient and the staff were all super-friendly.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Some sort of strange plumbing/machine noises from the back of the room had my girlfriend a little worried...and some parking lots noises woke me at around 330am. But thats not exactly the hotels fault is it? People are people.

We only did a overnighter here, but everything was just fine. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was suitable, and they airport shuttle got us where we needed to be, on time. After a long day of travel, it was nice to relax.

Without an automobile, the location on Orange Blossom Drive is isolated from upscale restaurants and shops.

I liked the free airport shuttle and the free breakfast as well as the pleasant, friendly helpful staff. The pool and the outdoor lounge were enjoyable.

The TV didn't work. Maintenance spent 90 minutes in our room trying to fix it to no avail. The pool area was being power washed and the noise was intolerable. We found dead cockroaches in our room.

It was a good location and quiet room. The manager was good to not charge us for our room due to the difficulty we had.

Booked this hotel because of the shuttle service to the airport. This was unavailable as it was full. Very disappointed as we had at pay 35.00 for a taxi.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very outdated, our room ran parallel to the freeway which made for a very noisy night and if there was an elevator, it was not very easy to see or access. Really it wasn't a horrible hotel but it definitely wasn't the nicest. In my opinion, it's a $75-$85/night hotel room. I would not stay there again though especially with the many options available in the Orlando area.

The staff was very nice and the beds were comfortable.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is worth staying at. Convenient location - close to a mall and other smaller stores. Quite a close proximity to Disney World and around one hour from NASA space center. Quite a big and clean room. Breakfast quite basic but OK. There's a swimming pool which was closed during our stay BUT IT IS there :) If we're every back in Orlando we'll chose it again.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

mold sent in room peeling paint filthy chair in room filthy telephone cats and rat bait stations all over property cheapo shampoo and soap in room cheapo continental breakfast no check until 3 pm due to small staff

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

mold scent in the rooms peeling paint in rooms rusty fixtures in bathroom filthy chair in room cheapo shampoo and soap provided no check in prior to 3 pm due to shortage of staff cheapo continental breakfast lots of cats and rodent bait on property r

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you get a room looking to a road, be prepared you’ll hear the noise from it all night long.

It has a hairdryer, quite big room for 2 adults and 1 child.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

No intereior corridors, rooms were very dated, bathtub was dirty, bathroom fan squealed. Breakfast extremely basic.

Staff was very friendly, and the shuttle was quick. The pool area was nice.

Room decor was a little out of date. They need an elevator to get to the second floor as we had heavy luggage to carry up.

Bed was very comfortable and the size of the fridge and tv was great. Location was great to get to the airport. Pool was nice and clean.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have liked more options for breakfast, no cheese or meats for the bread and the only fruit was some apples. Not environment friendly as they only had plastic plates, cups and cutlery. A lot of waste! There are only few fast food restaurants in the area and no grocery store so if you don't have a car your dining options are very limited.

It was easy to arrange with the airport transfer on arrival. Just had to call the hotel from a free phone at the airport and they sent the car straight away. Staff was very friendly, room was spacious, comfortable bed, lots of new fluffy towels, nice shower, clean big pool area, laundry facilities, strong Wi-Fi ... This hotel is fantastic!

Breakfast was ok but some boiled or scrambled eggs would be good. A shame the bar wasn’t open for drinks in the day.

Pool, laundry and location were ideal

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room and the mould. The airco was noisy and blew hard. Dark room. The window could not open. The air in the room was not healthy. The breakfast was not healthy.

The bed and the shower were nice. Fresh towels every day. Friendly staff.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sink was clogged. Door jambs were rusted. Morning staff was not friendly. Bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was inedible. Decor was dated. Airport shuttle only ran hourly.

The room had a fridge and microwave.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Despite the name, this place is pretty far away from the airport. The place itself is super noisy. Shuttle runs from 6am till 11, so it doesn't work for night flight.

Cheap and clean.

The room was tired and dated. Traces of hair oil on the headrest of the armchair. Parts of the bathroom were literally falling to bits.

Good place to sit and work. Bed was okay.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not near to any superrnarket, which is inconvenient if you don't have own transport. Cleaning services were not too flash on some days, but good on others.

Good public transport available; near Universal Studios.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet of my room 109 was dirty sticky the water toilet was running all the time, there some screws misding at the shower poll curtain, the foucet at vanity handle don't work properly.

The way the hotel looks out side clean and organize.

Cesar at front desk

Front desk girl was awesome, we returned after cruise stayed again Feb 10th ceasar at front desk was a jerk and very rude he was a reason I would not return

The check-in was better than expected.

It was kind of disappointing that it was no elevator. I understand you know that’s an older section. For both my wife and myself. We are both disabled.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

#153 wasn't very nice. Air vent above toliet drips water non-stop. I made the smoke dector start beeping from taking a shower.

Free breakfast. Friendly staff

Customer service was hard to come by. Cleaning staff helpful for directions.

The first lady was amazing above and beyond she left at check in. The new lady should be fired. She was rude and should not be the front desk anywhere.