Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Hershey 3 stars

350 West Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033, USA

#8 of 22 hotels in Hershey

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

We needed to be closer to the highway as this trip was just...

We needed to be closer to the highway as this trip was just a stopover. For our purpose it was a little too far from the highway. Great location for visiting Hershey Park & would return if we were going there.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Beds were comfortable

Our toilet bowl was broken and we had to go to the lobby to use that toilet even in the middle of the night. Even after we called in a repair order several times.

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Nice, friendly staff, safe, no issues

It seemed a little dingy like they need to clean the hallway carpets and lighting was bad LEDs but otherwise it was totally fine, safe, good coffee and no problems!

Nice, but definitely a hotel for families with small children

SO busy at 7:30 a.m. breakfast that we didn’t bother trying as we would have had to wade through the gauntlet of sticky handed children scattered everywhere. My teenagers pretty much begged us to go anywhere else for food. I wish the swimming pool was larger, with 10 random children in there it was crowded. If you go in there to watch over your kids prepare to get soaked as there isn’t much space from the chairs to the pool edge.

Nice clean hotel, desk staff was excellent, room was comfortable and clean. Great location downtown. Lots of breakfast options included, and free hot chocolate offered 24 hours a day.

The bed was super comfortable and the location was perfect.

The toilet didn't really work and because we had a pet, we couldn't let the front desk know as we didn't want anyone coming in when we weren't there with the dog.

The bed was super comfortable and the location was perfect.

The staff from front desk to shuttle drivers to housekeeping...

The transfer shuttle needs updating if they used the van it would be perfect but the shuttle bus is older and the air didn't work right.

The staff from front desk to shuttle drivers to housekeeping were very nice and helpful

The price was ridiculous!

The price was ridiculous!! I understand it is close to Hershey Park but to pay well over $200 for one night is just plain highway robbery. The room was OK but old and definitely needs updating. The microwave in the room was old and burnt 3 bags of popcorn and the bathroom very small and dirty. The worst part of the stay was that most of the staff was rude! With all that said I will never be wasting my money here again!!

Fabulous stay! Thanks

The staff was very helpful, the shuttle service was a great addition, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the food was delicious and the fact that the hotel smelled like chocolate made my kids happy!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Wonderful stay

Seemed expensive for size of room. But I assume price reflected proximity and shuttle service to Hershey Park.

People friendly. Wonderful breakfast, and mostly, free shuttle to Hershey.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

After a loong hot day, we appreciated the comfy beds and...

After a loong hot day, we appreciated the comfy beds and pillows. The covered parking area was a Godsend - the temperatures were in the hight 90's during our stay! Good friendly service at the front desk, too. We also really appreciated the 'on demand' shuttle - so we could stay on our own schedule.

Thank you for the best birthday so far!

Really didn't have anything bad to say

My grand-daughter (10) and myself came up here to celebrate her 11th birthday. Hershey Park was her choice for our Mom-Mom & Allie birthday trip. The women at the Front Desk were awesome. The Shuttle was great!

Great and comfortable experience!

Great place to stay while having the Hershey experience with your kids. Staff was very pleasant, and courteous, always willing to answer questions the facilities and the room were clean. I loved the breakfast choices. Parking very safe. I highly recommend it! I am a grandma traveling alone with 2 grandkids, and we all had a great experience at this hotel.

The hotel smelled like chocolate!

The breakfast was very cramped and did not have enough seating. Also the air conditioning was super loud!

The hotel smelled like chocolate!! Also was a great location!

We've been staying here six or seven years in a row.

One of two NASCAR video games in the game room didn't work, so my son and I couldn't play together. And I've always thought the pool is too small for the number of guests there at one time.

We've been staying here six or seven years in a row. Great location, friendly staff and the mini cheese omelets are terrific! A couple of bonuses: chocolate-scented air in the hallways, and on the last day of your stay you can leave your car in the lot for as long as you wish and use the (extremely clean) off-lobby restrooms to freshen up before heading home.

We had a very nice stay!

Breakfast was crowded and other guests were pushy while you attempted to get your breakfast. Consider getting better paper plates and larger coffee cups. (Cut through styrofoam plate trying to cut my waffle)

Beds comfy, staff very nice, clean room, excellent shuttle service.

Great location. Hotel was very close to all attractions and within walking distance to restaurants. Shuttle bus service to the park was great! Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

A great time!

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel and It won’t be the last! The staff is so accommodating and friendly and the free breakfast is great! Also, the location is close to everything. Our kids can’t wait to go back. See you again next year, Days Inn!

Thanks for another great stay at your hotel. This was our 3rd time staying and we'll be back again

This is our 3rd time staying at Days Inn in Hershey and the staff never fails to impress me. From greetings at the front desk by the ladies, to housekeeping showing me to my room, and Ed and Rob getting us to and from the park, my family and I are relaxed and carefree our whole stay. Our rooms are always spotless, the pool and workout room are clean, and the breakfast is so appreciated

Close to parks and had a shuttle , staff was really pleasant...

The rooms. The doors stuck and were hard to close and people had to literally slam them all night to open and close, and since the walls were very thin you could hear everything, making it hard to sleep well. Even heard the people next door yelling and screaming . No ones fault, just an older hotel. Also, the sink is in the room not the bathroom, so if you like to get ready in the bathroom while others sleep it probably won’t be happening either.

Close to parks and had a shuttle , staff was really pleasant and friendly.

The stay was a fun for the whole family and even our dog enjoyed.

The price was a bit higher than other hotels in the area. I know booking has a price match and I had a different hotel for $140 less and should look into it.

Location was perfect and the service was good.

Location to the park was good and the staff were friendly

I did not care for the breakfast. The eggs and the biscuits were semi frozen. Not much selection.

Location was great. Using the shuttle was convenient.

Only had one shuttle running at open and close of park hours.

Only had one shuttle running at open and close of park hours. Wait was long. Asked to bring 2 shuttles because of the long wait getting back from park. Stated they only had one shuttle running. Was an altercation at park due to people jumping into shuttle who had not been in line waiting. Then a 2nd shuttle showed up. I ended up just driving my car the next day due to long wait times for shuttle service.

Overall, my family and I enjoyed being their.

I got interrupted while doing an assignment, because they confused my room with someone else who had to check out. I booked to stay 2 night, butside the misunderstanding itvwas fine.

It was a great location, very close to the attractions. Had a shuttle to take us over plus they were very nice.

Wonderful Vacation!

There was nothing not to like.

Wonderful place to stay! Staff was very friendly. Loved the shuttle bus. We stayed a week and only had to drive our car once. Everything was in walking distance or we took the shuttle bus. Room was very clean. Breakfast was good. Loved the pool and hot tub. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A sweet find

The shower wasn't working properly.

Phenomenal location! Very close to the park and restaurants. The hallways smelled like chocolate which my son loved.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

If you're looking for a nice place in the middle of it all for the right price, this is it.

It's not a four star hotel. It's fairly dated, the lobby/eating area are somewhat cramped. Our room was near a mechanical closet that was loud, but we were able to ignore it with the door closed. If you are looking for something fancy, this is not the place. But for the price, it was wonderful.

Location was excellent, walking distance to many downtown places and they provided a short shuttle ride to get to the park. Has a decent indoor pool and a pretty nice Gym that surprised me. The included breakfast was great, including hot items like waffles, eggs, grits, sausage, and home fries. We would definitely stay here again.

Family fun

The eggs were so so, wish they had bacon. All in all, food was good.

Spacious room. Great location. Pool and jacuzzi were nice Friendly and helpful staff Would recommend hotel

Completely relaxing and worry-free.

My partner and I have no complaints about this place whatsoever.

Staying at this hotel was just so relaxing. I enjoyed being there, I wish I didn't have to leave. The bed were incredibly comfy, and the room was nicely decorative. Nice mini fridge and microwave. The staff was so kind and friendly and willing to help if I needed anything. I had the breakfast in the morning and it was just a great way to start the day. The free shuttle to Hershey was really great! Made all my worries go out the window :)

They had a shuttle to park.

Let staff know our shower was broken when we got in from the park at 10:30. Staff told us to check a few things. Told them.it didnt work. They came up and looked and said, yeah it's broken. I'm sorry. I can credit you a little off. She called back up and said maintenance was not coming in the next day and couldn't fix it. So, they asked the next day if we wanted to switch rooms but with a baby and 4 other people it was more of a hassle. At check out they only credited me $30!!!! On a bill well over $500!! Not like they could have used the room with a known broken shower!! Probably they would have.. crooks.

They had a shuttle to park.

Overall it was a nice stay

Leaky shower head when you ran the tub and spider in our bed. 😬 Small pool area with lots of garbage left laying around.

Breakfast was delicious and my kids enjoyed smelling the chocolate wafting through the hallways.

All in all a good stay.

Took the shuttle bus driver a much longer time to pick us up on way hack to the hotel - 23 minutes to get to us for a 5-6 minutes ride.

The breakfast was excellent with a good array of choices! The shuttle bus from the hotel is a clincher for us as we did not have to worry about parking at all.

My son and I loved swimming in the pool twice a day.

My son and I loved swimming in the pool twice a day. We also enjoyed the wonderful breakfast that the hotel provided daily. Our room was very clean and accommodating to our needs and the entire staff was extremely nice and helpful everyday! Thank you...we will definitely be back!!

So so at best....

Hotel needs major updates, the pool needs a heater it’s freezing cold. The parking garage ceiling is falling apart. The owners need to invest in this property.

Convenient breakfast, shuttle back and forth to Hersheypark

Unpleasant

1. I was finishing up around 11 a.m. when I heard a very loud knock on the door. An employee who seemed very anxious and militant, told me I had to leave the room immediately. I told her I was finishing up and she said I had to leave in 10 minutes or else.... In most hotels guests get friendly reminders and given at least a 20-30 min grace period from check out time. These people come to your door to harass you if you’re not out by 11 a.m. on the dot. If you have kids, it’s not always easy to get everyone out by 11. 2. The hotel is outdated. It needs to be renovated. 3. There is no ventilation in the small pool room. When you walk in, the chlorine fumes are overwhelming to the senses. Got a headache from it. I paid approx $250 one night for a family of 5 in July. This place is not worth your money.

Good breakfast. Very clean. Very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The Days Inn: The only sweet place in Hershey

The only complaint I had was the was mold in the ice machine which can cause someone a serious illness. (3rd floor drain) other than that the place was spotless.

The elm was clean and comfy, housing was amazing! The front desk staff was very helpful and so kind. Our ENTIRE vacation could have been crap due to hershey park closing and the manager broke my heart when she looked at my daughter (on her birthday) and told her the park was closed. Her compassion and sensitivity made me cry. What a tough situation. We got plenty of great suggestions on alternate activities, the shuttle was amazing and saved us so much time and the continental breakfast was the best I have ever seen ( and I travel lot) All and all .... besides the park disaster, the hotel and staff saved our vacation. I really appreciate everyone there and will book here again, in a heart beat.

Property was clean, clerks were helpful.

Rooms did not look like the pictures online. Needs some updating. Daughter went to take a shower and it wouldn’t turn off. Clerk told us we just needed to bang I. It with a hammer. Exactly what she did. Finally after some I distance moved us to another room.

Property was clean, clerks were helpful.

Family time

They closed the park due to rain but it was for our safety . the sink it outside the bathroom which was weird so everybody making noise brushing their teeth while others slept.

Everything was good close to Hershey park nice area

the best thing was the shuttle was great.

the fact that there were pets all over the hotel. and myself and family have allergies to dog. i also think we were in a pet room.

the best thing was the shuttle was great.

I won’t be back.

The rooms were filthy. The bed linens were not changed and there was only one staff member working. She had to lock the doors downstairs in order to come up and change the linens. There was also mold throughout the bathroom. I find it ridiculous that in a sold out hotel only one staff member is available for the entire hotel???

Location was good and the exterior of the building was very pretty.

Best mini summer vacation ever

I didn't like that the room was not as big as I hoped.

I loved the breakfast spread. One absolute unique thing is they make this amazing waffle batter and as the guests we get a chance to make our own Belgian waffles with their waffle maker. Completely delicious, very clean and convenient for those that want to go to Hershey Park. They have a shuttle bus that runs all day from the hotel to the park and all you have to do to get back on the shuttle bus to the hotel is call the hotel. And tada!! The shuttle arrives. My husband, my kids and I love it here and we would come back. It felt so homey and comfortable.

great

everything was great

We took our 2 boys to Hershey Park for the first time. I looked for hotels that were close to the park. We got there the room was ready and to our surprise they shuttled us to and from the park at no charge. Found out is was $15.00 to park and for 3 days saved us $45.00 and the hassle of triyng to park. Will stay again next year if we go. Thanks again.

The location was excellent and we enjoyed the convenience of...

Fascilities could use a little updating for the price!

The location was excellent and we enjoyed the convenience of a shuttle to the park. My kids really enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool. The room was comfortable and clean.

Shuttle bus to park was convenient and we were able to see...

Prob could use some updating but as long as it’s clean I’m ok with it

Shuttle bus to park was convenient and we were able to see the Fourth of July fireworks from our room

Great. I'm sure there is someone out there that would find something wrong. There will always be

Everything was great we had a small problem and the staff took care of it. I would like to thank the manager. I am terrible with names I think it was Lisa or Linda ,she was awesome and she knew so much about Hershey, she could be like a travel agent or ambassador for the town. I am sorry I forgot your name.Very nice lady. Breakfast was great, rooms were clean,WiFi a plus ,shuttle to the park you didn't have to wait for. What else could you want? Oh yeah there is a pool. They even give you a list of restaurants within walking distance. Perfect .

This was probably my best stay at a Days Inn.

No complaints.

Convenient and clean. Good breakfast you can see the faces of people screaming on the roller coaster. That’s how close to Hershey Park.

Close to attractions and walking distance to restaurants

Needs to be cleaned, needs updating. Mold in bathroom and stale smell in room. Towels are tiny

Close to attractions and walking distance to restaurants

See above.

Loved it all.

I loved all the amenities that were provided. Breakfast was delicious it offered a variety of food. Love the swimming pool indoors and the gym. The beds were extremely comfortable! Love them. I also love the fact that there was a hair dryer, mini refrigerator, coffee machine, microwave and much more in my room. Had everything that I ever needed and the staff was very pleasant, professional, friendly and readily available. Can't wait to go back.

Nice Proximity to Hershey Park, Needs Work

General area around the hotel leaves something to be desired, as does the hotel itself. The pool, hit tub, and fitness center were nice, but the hotel rooms need some work. Just some patch work fixes to windows and whatnot. Noisy AC, and a runny toilet weren’t ideal.

Great location in relation to Hershey Park. Literally within 5 minutes. The surrounding area was a so so mix of new buildings and kind of dumpy housing. The staff was very friendly.

Bad

8 used to stay here every year and staff was welcoming in the past. Unfortunately the new administration attitude was extremely bad compared with 2016 and before.if you are of color expect to see Fox news every morning and to be treated same way they treat minorities .

Door can not be locked

The room that assigned to us has a broken door, could Not locked. No idea how it did not reported by daily cleaning staffs. The front desk sent repair guy very quickly, but it couldn't be fixed, we were asked to repack and moved to another room. The bathtubs in both rooms we stayed were not clean, your feet can feel the greasy like slippery when you step 8n to take shower.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful!

Everything was great! No complaints!

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful! Breakfast was delicious!! The shuttle service was much appreciated! The room was clean and comfortable! Will definitely come back!

Good value, Very friendly staff, nice perks with the breakfast, pool, & shuttle - great location!

The rooms and building are older, but for the price it's a good value. Take the stairs - it's much faster than waiting for the elevator. The bathroom was very small and the door barely clears the toilet. Also, I didn't like the fact that the bathroom sink was located outside of the bathroom. After using the bathroom, you have to come out to the room to wash your hands. I find that a bit germy and using the sink outside of the bathroom lacks privacy.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. They let us check in early, which was very nice because we arrived in town early. The continental breakfast had a variety of choices and was nice. The indoor pool was opened until 11pm and my son (over 18) had a great time swimming. I also loved the fact that they shuttled us to and fro Hershey Park! When we checked out we asked how far the shopping outlets were, and they gave us a small paper with directions so we didn't even have to set up our GPS. Also, we asked for a late check out in case we needed to come back after shopping. They were not able to extend our stay because there was a concert in town and they were fully booked, but they said we were welcome to come back and use the amenities including the pools - wow, how nice! We didn't end up returning after our shopping spree, but how nice of them to offer us use of their pool for the day!

I recommend this hotel to add to your Hershey Park experience.

The only downside was the size of the room. We had a double Queen room with a roll-a-way bed added. The roll-a-way fit between the two beds but there was not much room to walk around. However we did not spent much awake time in the room so it was fine.

I stayed here with 4 grandchildren ages 11-15. The beds were super comfy, we slept great. The bathroom was small but the sink was outside the bathroom which really helped. The shower was very nice. We stayed here in order to go to Hershey Park. The hotel has a great shuttle which goes back and forth to the park every 15 minutes. We stayed in the Park til 5pm, then took the shuttle back to the hotel. We were hot and tired, so we showered and then went out to dinner to one of the many restaurants in the area. We went to Asian Wok - terrific. We returned to the hotel at about 7:30pm and rode the shuttle back to the park. We were energized and refreshed and the evening at the park was terrific. We caught the last shuttle back to the hotel at 10:30pm. Next morning we checked out and went back to the park for a second day. Great value.

Pool area smelled too strong of chlorine and maybe better ventilation.

Staff was so friendly and we unknowingly left behind my grandson iPad in the room and they called me as soon as they found it.. it was much appreciated.

Bed was really nice.

Room a tad small for a family of 4. Sound insulation from the outside could be better. Denied request to check out at noon instead of 11 am.

Bed was really nice. Breakfast was good. Loved the smell of chocolate chip cookies in the hallways.

A great place to stay with the family when visiting Hershey.

When you walked into the facility and could smell chocolate, just added that extra bit of excitement being in Hershey. The was several groups of kids that stayed the same time we were there and I was impressed on how well the staff kept the breakfast buffet stocked.

Awesome Stay. We will be back!

Excellent Service from the staff. Bed was so comfy and room was clean. Great Complimentary breakfast. My son loved making his own waffles :) The shuttle was so convenient and fast to and from the park.

This place was wonderful, from the stafff to the breakfast...

This place was wonderful, from the stafff to the breakfast and the convienience of the shuttle to and from Hershey park... the pool hot tub and gym were also a bonus...Anytime I visit again there’s no question as to where my family and I will stay

Loved the location !

Small bathroom

Loved the location !!! We walked to dinner each night. The staff was really friendly and we took the shuttle to Hershey World. Also, I broke my readers while there & the ladies at the desk repaired them ❤️. Outstanding service!!!

Adequately comfortable

Toilet-tub room was cramped and sink had very little counter space. Several spots in the room needed some TLC to patch, paint, or tighten.

Obviously an older establishment that has been somewhat updated. Clean and comfortable. Free covered parking was very nice. Complimentary breakfast was generous and offered lots of variety.

Very nice hotel.

Very nice hotel..the location was very close by to where I was going to enjoy the day with family..the staff was very friendly..room nice and clean..hot breakfast..many choices..will go back again

Family oriented but needs updating especially shower/bathroom

Not very pet friendly. No place to take dog out. Should have larger tile area near door. Shower was tough to use, poor water pressure.

Shuttle and staff were wonderful

Great stay

My family was there for my cousins Penn States graduation and my daughters birthday. It’s in a very close proximity to the Great Center were the graduation was being held and of course Hershey Park were we are all going for my daughters birthday. The hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable, staff was awesome , and the breakfast is excellent.

SUPER CLOSE TO HERSHEYS PARK & SUPER COMFORTABLE

Only problem which was minor was the flush in the bathroom was acting funny at times , but it was a minute problem compared to all the other comforts provided by days Inn.

Very Friendly staff especially at the check in counter, rooms very great , very spacious super clean, all required units , like the TV , microwave , fridge, coffee machine , hair dryer all were working well. Wifi was uninterrupted super neat speed, lots of brochures for ease of travel , good restaurant with varied cuisines just around the corner.

Restful stay while in the area for business.

Noticed some foreign hairs on a towel and makeup on a pillowcase that wasn't mine.

Great water pressure in shower, air conditioning. Not a lot of noise from outside the room.

Good - enjoyed Hershey Park and the Waffle bar for breakfast

The air freshener smell was too strong

clean and comfortable rooms - great location for Hershey Park and area attractions. Yummy breakfast - make your own waffles

breakfast and the shuttle to hershey park

The price that I actually paid was a little more than what I reserved it for. Also the ice machine needed to be cleaned, but I would go back

breakfast and the shuttle to hershey park

Thanks for a great staycation!!!!

we did enjoy the food. I had problems with the bedding, the pillows caused me to have a sore neck. I know you can't prepare for all customers and what they prefer.

Indoor pool and location.

Bathrooms were outdated. Toilet and shower were not good. Kept clean but toilet very low to the ground and shower head was not effective.

Indoor pool and location.

Nice.

One of the elevators was not working properly. We were on the second floor so it was not a problems for us but was an issues with others in our party.

we were able to eat dinner in the breakfast area with other families and discuss the events of the day. I liked the listing of dining options within walking distance.

Location was great!

Location was great! Could see Hersheypark from our window, loved that they had a shuttle to take you to and from the park for free so you don’t have to pay for parking. Breakfast was great in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

The bed was super comfy and I actually slept all night.

No drinks at all allowed in the pool area including plastic bottles or water. Sitting in a closed room with severely over chlorinated while your kids swim sucks without water.

The bed was super comfy and I actually slept all night. Breakfast area was swarmed but staff did a great job hustling to keep food supplied.

I wouldn’t stay here again but we chose this hotel Because it was close to our friends to visit.

It was incredibly loud, I was woken up every morning by people screaming at the top of their lungs. The bathroom was gross and the tub was warped and hard to take a shower without slipping.

I liked that they allowed out pets to stay with us.

Very comfortable and relaxing. Just what I needed.

Location of the pool was less than desirable. Need a bigger space for the breakfast area.

The staff was AMAZING! Incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating. The aroma in the lobby and halls was a great touch.

See “Like” above.

Nothing of note.

Your location was very easy to find and close to where I was going - I walked to the Giant Center; the walk appeared to be through a “safe” part of town. You have a very good looking property. I got an excellent night’s sleep. Although I did not use the fitness center or pool, these looked up to date and clean. Ladies at the front desk were friendly and welcoming. If I return to Hershey, Days Inn will be my first contact. Regards.