Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Kansas City International Airport 2 stars

11120 Northwest Ambassador Drive, Kansas City, MO 64154, USA

#74 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

First couldn’t find the hotel, no signs, then the only reason we stayed there was for the park and drive, got there and the manager tells me he doesn’t have park and drive available. What? Waste of money and didn’t have the service they posted.

We had to wait on someone to check us in because she had to someone to the airport, we about 15 minuets until the desk clerk got back ., my room was smelly it smell like sour milk it was bad, the bathroom was dirty., the beds were old and lumpy.

It wasn’t that far from the airport

The pool was very small and very HOT in the room like a sauna......

Its clean, close to the airport and have 4 am shuttle to the airport. Just what we needed!!!!

Receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Night clerk/airport driver was excellent. Loved fact room window could be opened. Hotel basic and outdated, rooms very clean.

We got the room specifically because they had a pool. The pool is only 4 ft though. That should be somewhere on their advertisements. Also the elevator was very scary. Sounded like it was going to quit anytime.

The staff was very helpful, and very accommodating. The room was very nice and clean. And they are very close to a lot of restaurants.

The air conditioner didn't keep the room cool, . The breakfast was not stock, no forks, no milk,biscuits were hard and the gravy was about gone.

The room was clean and bed was okay.

The room was smaller than described. We were charged for the room twice and have yet to be credited for the additional charge, three days later. The pool was dirty and the pain twas chipping off and floating in the water. The breakfast options were not restocked after 8 am, which left few options for those in my family who got there breakfast after 7 am when I got mine.

The hotel was easy to access from the interstate. The breakfast had a good variety early in the morning.

The staff was very lazy and rude. They were rude to my 11yr old son when he asked for a towel for the pool and when I paid for the 2nd night the lady was irritated because I needed another night there. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

It was easy to get checked in and out of.

The room was very filthy the staff was not friendly at all and they were rather rude to my 11 year old son when he asked for a towel for the pool. The staff didn't seem to be able to answer any questions about thier hotel and would say idk u will have to ask someone else but didn't know who I should ask. The staff seemed very lazy.

It was easy to check in and out of.

The hotel was outdated, cracks in walls, worn carpet and paint was peeling off. The bathroom fixtures and grout had grime around edges. The pool was tiny and there was nothing for kids to do.

The location was close to area attractions.

I got to the hotel and no one at the front desk and i had to waited more than 20mins. I was ready to sleep when i got there. I had a long car ride and didnt expected to wait that long. And when i got into the room i found the hair band with lots of hairs on the bathroom door. I got the new room at the end but it wasnt a good customer service. Breakfast was horrible. We have to go out and eat somewhere else.

Location was ok

Would have been nice for the breakfast hours to be earlier than they were since they offered shuttle service to the airport. We had an early morning flight & breakfast wasn't available at Days Inn before we left.

We stayed there so we could use the shuttle service to/from the airport which was wonderful.

Very old, and run down. Upon check in I think the clerk said two things. No Option for hot water, water or tea. You could buy water..

Being only 5 minutes from the airport.

I was immediately told the hotel was completely booked and if the room next to the pool was okay for me and my two young children. The shower handle and toilet wiggled and sink was gross and needs redone. Pillows were very lumpy. I received two calls to my room late at night by someone looking to rent a room from the hotel. Pool decking and bottom need redone, and they are pretty slick not grippy at all like I would expect. Breakfast was very skimpy and basic, I was a bit disappointed and the young front desk attendant didn’t know where the bowls were and said to use cups for cereal. Also know parking lot is very small and cramped.

There was a pool and light breakfast and I was able to check in on time.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room was dirty and the fold out bed had a huge hole in the mattress, also had no bedding for the flood out mattress! Room smelled of smoke .

The bed was super comfy

The indoor pool had way too much chlorine

For the great price that we got it was better than we expected and we were amazed we didn't hear the airplanes being that close to the airport

No hot breakfast, or even water available. Old cratered in bed. Mold looking caulking and door frames and hard water build up around drains and spouts.

No hot breakfast, or even water available. Disappointed with that but that was my own fault not specifying a hot breakfast option. Rooms were decent for the price. Old cratered in bed. Flooring had soft spots and you can feel divots when walking around. The bathroom flooring was slanted, which made we question if there were prior flooding issues. The bathroom and sink area were poorly cleaned/maintained with hard water stains and old moldy caulking. The door had a rusted frame and needs replaced. Had a mini fridge which was appreciated and a couple chairs which is nice. Overall I paid cheap so got cheap but it was decent. If I hadn't split the price for the room with others I would have been pissed it was that much.

Customer Service was HORRIBLE! When we arrived the lady was nice then when we got up the next day, the lady behind the counter was very rude, didn’t really speak and left a customer at the counter for longer than 10 minutes. Asked for a refill on syrup, never got done. Breakfast was not good, poor quality and low quantity. People were running up and down the halls all night as well! The shuttle to the airport was nice and the guy who drove was nice. That was the only good thing sadly. Will not be staying here again, not worth $70.

Our bed was lumpy and had someone else's hair in it also had dips in it, stains on the ceiling, hole in the wall also in the bed spread, we asked for more bath towels they gave hand towels we had 4 people in a double room with 3 towels. I will never stay I. A days inn again this is the 3rd time we have used them and never again rooms not very clean

Poor lights were out so we couldn't take our kids swimming... Room wasn't very clean.. coffee pot was full of spots as well as sink area and faucet. Large hole behind door handle.. TV remote didn't work with theTV.loud guest next door whom locked their children out of room.. seemed to attract rough crowd..

We had to fight off the ants in our room. The 32” tv was easily seen from the FOOT of the bed. When returning from dinner, we had to try to find a parking space and waited for 20 minutes to get one.the cashier, though not rude, but not friendly. Our bag is still outside hoping to let all the little beasts out into the garden instead of bringing them into the house.

Not really anything

This hotel definitely could use an update and remodeling. Even a fresh coat of paint would really help spruce up this place. I like there is a continental breakfast but the "serving area" could use a good clean up, reorganization and update, and more than one waffle maker would be nice.

The price was amazing compared to other hotels in the area. And I liked they have an indoor pool. Contenital breakfast is a plus.

It was clear that the check-in attendant didn't like his job. He was not personable and did not smile at all. The bathroom was small and cramped. The breakfast, although free, was not optimal for someone that has gluten sensitivities. No fruit, no yogurt, only carbs by the time we got down there (30 minutes before end of breakfast). When we were checking out, there was a small waterfall coming out of the lighting fixture at the front desk and the ceiling was soaked. Nobody around to even talk to and make sure we didn't owe anything else.

The bed was soft enough for me to be comfortable -- not extra firm. Free breakfast is always a plus! Lots of tv channels and the room service food was good.

When we told the staff we had no WiFi they gave us the it telephone #... I shouldn’t have to call someone to fix the service that they were to provide. On another note the wires were coming out of the room phone that was sitting on the sticky nightstand. Breakfast consist of make your own waffles ( the line was forever) toast with a community jar of peanut butter & cereal. We were in a room that had pets on either sides and whenever someone near by shut their doors it was constant barking.

What eggs?

When we first arrived I had to wait almost twenty minutes to check in. The front desk person had put up a sign and went to the airport to pick somebody up. The lobby was run down and in need of some updating. The lights were flickering and you could see water damage on the ceiling. When we got to the room it appeared cleanish. The fixtures all needed a good wipe down. The pool was so full or chlorine our kids could barely swim in it, and not for long. The breakfast was small with not a lot of options. I wish I would have paid closer attention to the reviews, I would have never booked this hotel if I had.

the bed was clean

Washroom door open all the time and when your seated having breakfast you don’t want to be looking or hearing the machines.

Foyer could do with an uplift. Nice if separate dining area.

I booked the hotel for us and a another couple. They didn’t put us on the same floor and then the other couple got upgraded to a suite when I made the reservations.

Pricing and room excellent

Airport shuttle service could have been more professional. They were very friendly, but the van was a little run down and you had to call once you landed (you couldn't schedule the pick-up). The wifi was very spotty. And, you could hear through the walls (kids running around). The lobby was a little worse for wear (they had a fake fireplace), also. So, rough around the edges but in the end, it had everything you needed, and I've definitely stayed in worse places for more money.

Extremely reasonable for the price, but clean and professional. Great options for breakfast (waffle-maker!). I ended up scheduling more days at the last minute (because I found the facilities great for the price), and they were very hospitable, charging me a very reasonable rate.

I would be nice to have an ice machine on each floor

I left prior to the official start of breakfast, but the front desk attendent (who is also the shuttle driver) had it all set out so I could grab a quick breakfast before my flights. Kudos!!!!!

breakfast area too small - breakfast hours should be longer - too many people to accommodate from 8 am on..day light savings time made us loose an hour and missed breakfast fire alarm went off during night and no call/reason given and no one evacuated

bed comfy - room temperature nice - hot water for shower!! - pool clean

The breakfast had very minimal options. Waffles with syrup that looked like it had been sitting too long. There were no eggs or meats. There was no milk for the dry cereal. My wife and I ended up not even eating here. We went down the street to Waffle House. Very poor. The only reason we choose this days inn is because it had a breakfast.

The shower had hot water.

Shuttle was an old run down van. A couple of odd, loud, guests in the breakfast area.

It's nothing fancy, and yeh, a little worn around the edges, but the room was clean, the shuttle was prompt, even for a midnight arrival, and it was ther cheapest airport area hotel I could find. Not a place for a "staycation" but if you just need a few hours sleep, its just fine.

The property was on and outdated..I thought I was going to get stuck on the elevator.. The front desk. Staff was slow ...the towels in the room were torn and there were spots all on the shower curtain

Nothing because if my flight hadn't come. In so. Late I would not have stayed there

Did not smell that good, cleanliness was not at it’s best. Would actually suggest they get that a little better. Also would suggest a little more presence of the staff. And finally a little more formalities. I wanted to by some snacks and water bottles but theybdid not offer receipt. Something i kind of didn’t like.

24hr shuttle service was the reason why i booked there. Overall it was fair. And for the price i’d say it was okay.

I called in early to let them know that I wil be checking in late and I was told that they cant find my booking via booking.com but after a few minute they did found it. Upon check in I was told that there is no available room with 2 queen bed even if that is the room that I booked. We end up sleeping in a king room (one king bed and the staff folding bed) which by the way he let me borrow because the room assignment was mixed up. As indicated on my booking there will be 3 of us so having one bed will not work. The staff at the check in counter was helpful but its dissappointing to know that I booked for a 2 queen bed and only to find out that its not available when I checked in

If you are going to charge people to park while they fly, you should be up front about it. The website says free 7 day parking however, when I checked in I was charged $5 a day. It was cheaper then the airport parking but by the time I paid for my room it would have been about the same to just park at the airport and then I wouldn’t have had to wait for the shuttle. Lived and learned on this one. Also a little security tip, it would be good to secure the outside doors. Anyone can walk in at any time. I found this out by trying the card reader on one of the back doors, when it didn’t light up I just tried the door and it was open?!?

No one was at the front desk when we arrived. There was a note they had made a trip to the airport. We had to wait. The room had an odor and was dingy & dirty. The linens were stained,& didn’t smell fresh. The towels had holes in them. Our pillow cases looked like there was pet hair on them. We had an early am flight. The same note was displayed saying they were on an airport run which was disappointing because the night before we asked to be taken to the airport at 6:30 which they said would not be a problem. Again we had to wait.

The rooms had paper-thin walls so we heard our neighbors partying until 3 am. Rooms are old and show signs of wear. Door chain didn’t work. No protein offerings for breakfast and no long term parking available. We left for an early flight feeling exhausted and hungry and having to pay for airport parking.

When I made the reservation I told them that I was going to leave my car there for a week at $5.00 a day when we checked in they said they were out of parking spaces had to take my car to an airport parking garage and take a cab back to the hotel so it ended up costing around $150.00 to park my car. The room across the hall had a large dog that barked all night and the room above us sounded like a bowling alley from 2:30 am till we left.

The shuttle to the airport when we left.

The room was gross with fresh blood stains on the carpet, the beds were super old and uncomfortable and didn’t really look like they’d been washed in awhile, and breakfast was definitely sub par.

We arrived at 2:30 am and was happy to be off the road. If it wasn’t 2:30 am I’d have found a new hotel.

The breakfast could have been better. The reception area sneaks weird. But the room smelt fine.

Strait forward stay. Had privacy and a cheap place to sleep.

was awful when i had to go to the airport, the river has smelling lreally stromg ike alcohol, and was meking really inconfortable and weird questions and coments about myself, it was awkward at all instant,also my floor was smelling like some kind of drugs.

Well, my husband dropped his cell phone in the shuttle on our way to the airport. We have already cleared the customs as he noticed it. So, we called the front desk and the person at the reception/driver took a look and found the phone. As we have left the country, we asked our friend to pick it up for us. Needless to say, how grateful we are to the staff member for not taking advantage out if our situation.

Beds were uncomfortable and the indoor heated swimming pool was probably about 60 degrees. VERY cold! Heater in the room made a lot of noise and the sprinkler system in the rooms were capped off.

No microwave in the rooms even tho. Was advertised. Staff seemed to not no how to divide the payment so that i was able to split the cost with co worker.

Beds were comfy

Found a possible drug needle in a chair cushion in the room. 2 pairs of young women's dirty underwear in the SAME chair cushion that the possible " " ^^^ needle was found. Hotel only offered at first 25% of the room for the night stayed in until I said no, not good enough. Little later said they can do 50%. Find out not only I'll get 50%, but in 7-10 business days 3 hours later. Pool was broken so my 6 years son couldn't swim which was the main reason of booking the place so he could. Oh they also know there was a child who could've found the possibility of an item that WOULD'VE BEEN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! I'll spare the hotel considering the friendly staff member's.

Didn't look or even seem like that sort of place. Bathroom was clean, enough towels, BUT we're rough to touch and on the small side. Staff were friendly, seemingly when issues arise they don't understand or can't handle, but willingly call someone to assist.

I arrived to the front desk, and the employee was at the airport (as the shuttle driver) had to wait close to 30 min.( it was about midnight and traveling with a minor)

Close to MCI

Everything, it was dirty, gross, no room for supposed guest breakfast. Pool broke, and parking lot was horrible you could loose car in some of the holes

There was nothing to like about this place it was awful couldn't stay here.

Staff not available to give me a receipt.

Low price. Kept outside door unlocked during subzero temperature and I could park right by door which was nice.

There were bugs in our room. We ordered pizza and before we even got to eat it but were all in it. We paid in cash ya they charged my debit card four time for the money. Our keys got deactivated everyday. They tried to come into our room everyday even with the do not disturb sign on the door

They aloud us to check in early for a 25$ fee.

the hotel smelled, the clerk reeked of cigarettes, the place is old, the carpet is nasty, the room door had a huge gap into the room, i wanted to sleep standing up, the toilet stinks, when i got into my room they had the heater set at 89 degrees! i will not recommend or stay at this hotel again!

nothing about this hotel i liked

Minor...bed was soft and I prefer firm.

Close to airport, clean facility, friendly staff. We choose to stay here for an extremely early flight on a frigid winter night. We wanted inexpensive and clean. This fit the bill. There is an airport shuttle if you need it, and breakfast is included. We had to go to the airport before breakfast opened so I can't comment on that.

Bookings.com could have sent our booking through and could have answered my question why not

Bloke was really helpful and picked us up from airport even though Bookings.com did not send our booking through. Fortunately they had a room available for us at 11pm

When we got there they had given our room to someone else,so that took awhile to get straightened out,then the people in the next room was making A LOT of noise while we were trying to sleep,finally I had to go down and say something to the dest clerk about it and he called them and it finally quieted down,not a very good stay at this hotel.And they didn't offer us any kind of compensation or discount for our troubles.

Close to the airport

We found bed bugs in our room after going to bed and left. The staff was terrible and we received no apology once so every. They didn’t even have us checked into the computer system so they didn’t even know we were staying in the room. Poor service and disgusting room.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The staff, the room service knocks on the door and walks right in without seeking permission. The checkout staff was a lady wearing pyjamas while checking me out and she should be more polite.

The room was nice and big.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The building itself did not seem secure but it did seem to be in a secure area.

Easy access to airport and freeway. Gas convenience store and restaurants within 2 miles.

The Wifi didn’t work in my room: if I stood in the doorway with the door open, I could get a weak signal. Definitely disappointed when my cell phone could not connect to a network or the Wifi.

The bed was comfy and the room was spacious.

Showed up with a copy of my reservation, staff said we did not have a reservation. He was very rude! He treated us like they didn’t need our business.

Price was good.

Booking.com offered a FREEBIE of a late checkout, I requested it. Then booking responded with telling me to check for it during check-in. The clerk said that I did get a Free Late-Checkout of 12PM instead of 11AM. The next morning, the keys for everyone's rooms expire at 10AM (instead of 11). They won't reprogram your key, they just expect you to rush out of your room with immediately and in one trip after housekeeping opens your door for you. One guest had to have them open her door three times because of the computers and things she was carrying. When I asked about getting my key reprogrammed so I could actually use my room, maybe the indoor pool, etc, I was told that I do not get a "free" late checkout unless I wanted to pay $25.00 more. He said checkout is at 11! As I waited to get into my room for 40 minutes, it was now 10:45 and I wasn't close to leaving yet. The desk clerk helps with housekeeping, so you have to wait forever or go on each floor to find someone (didn't know that until it was too late). I had an interview at 2PM, 20 minutes away, which is why I was going to use the late checkout. Instead I had to rush out of the room and spend 2.5 hours waiting and roaming around in my car.

Location, Free WiFi that actually worked - that seems to be rare these days.

There were no microwaves in the rooms, although the information provided stated that there were. Also, the information stated that I could pay at the property and that my card wouldn't be charged. When I checked in, they had already tried to charge my card, even though I planned to pay with cash.

Room and bathroom were very clean.

The staff was great. The condition of the hotel shows use but the facilities were clean and comfortable. It was convenient to to the air port which was my goal.

Nothing, it was terrible. From the Shuttle gal who got lost coming to get us and then asked us to gps on our phones to help her get us back to the airport. She didn't know how to turn on the headlights to the van, almost ran off road!! Worst Experience ever-then when we arrived, she was also the gal at the front desk..She left the hotel unattended and locked the front door to come and get us. The room- well no Toilet Paper stocked. Really? The bathroom and walls were quite undesirable and gross. Complimentary Hair Shampoo and bar of soap on counter- No Conditioner, she kept saying she was so sorry... The Breakfast???What breakfast. Poorest excuse for Muffin (hard) cold coffee no Juice. Terrible.. Then to top it off, when we asked for shuttle back to airport- they didn't understand what 15 minutes meant and asked if an hour later time would work? Grrrr... No please call someone to take us now. The gentleman arrived to shuttle us in his Flannel PJ's, Slippers, sweatshirt and Cute Winter hat with tassles and reaked heavily of Cigarette Smoke. He at least knew how to drive, but did get on phone once.. This place needs to be shut down. Ridiculous, unprofessional and I would like to request a refund.

Nothing, it was terrible. Hot water, but the shower and walls were terrible condition-they don't show you those pictures

Had to wait too long at night for airport shuttle

Just needed a comfortable bed and bath for the night before flying out. This place did the trick at a very reasonable price

I didn't like that there was a weird smell in the hallways. I felt a bit unsafe when I realized the door on the side of the building was supposed to be "keycard accessible", but the key reader did not work. Which means anyone could enter the building. I did not like that. I'm the bathroom, the shower head did not work properly. I'm glad I stayed only one night, because I definitely got what I paid for.

I liked the price and the staff was okay.

The staff was so rude and also we saw people complaining about bugs in the bed. That didn’t make us feel comfortable and also the person in the lobby didn’t say hi or even how are you. Just “I need your ID” We have been in a lot hotels around the country and in Spain and never found one place like that. Never again.

Employees were really nice. I enjoyed my stay at the property. Super close to the airport, free shuttle service. Room was clean and big. Good property to stay at. :)

Pool was closed all day Friday for maintenance. When we arrived our second room had not been cancelled and they said that booking.com needed to cancel that they couldn’t do anything and implied if that didn’t happen we would be responsible to pay for it. The waffle maker at breakfast was not working correctly.

Rug, desk chair, and sofa were stained (bodily fluids would be my guess). The bed cover had burnt holes. Furniture did not match and was damaged (as if the rooms were built by gathering leftovers from other hotels). Appliances looked so dirty I did not even dare touch them.

Proximity to the airport and the fact that they offer airport shuttle service (though the shuttle could use a cleaning)

The pool had a lot of chlorine and our bath tub had a little bit of hair in it.

The bed was very comfortable and our room was a pretty good size. The staff was helpful when we needed it.

Breakfast was basically yogurt, waffles, or cereal. Would have liked more of a hot breakfast. Coffee maker in the room didn't work correctly. And I thought it said the pool was heated, but it wasn't. (I could have been totally mistaken thinking it was)

The bed was was amazing! TV was also better than most.

Matresses on beds seemed very old, they were very soft. A little far from usual popular activities, but that choice was totally my fault for not looking closer at a map.

Good value, very helpful staff, decent breakfast, housekeeping came in and replaced towels and made beds. Some places only offer this if you want it. Quick check out.

After paying for an hour for the dryer, clothes still not dry. Complained and they didn't care. People working at the front desk were unfriendly. House cleaning was very polite and accomodating. I would not ever go to a Days Inn again. Went to several over a course of a week and was not happy with any.

They allowed us to have a pet.

They offered free wi-fi, but my device kept getting kicked off of it and would not let me get hooked back up, even after adjusting the settings on my device. They couldn't really help me with the issue. The tv offered cable channels but there was no way to access a guide through the remote and no listing on the channels of what was airing. Minor issues, but I really needed the wi-fi to work.

The beds were comfy and blankets were clean. I asked for extra towels and blankets and received them without issue. The staff was pleasant.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room had a handicap shower, plastic chair, shower head on a waist high rail, awkward. Diabetic friendly breakfast choices, sugar free syrup, would have been nice, and perhaps bananas as a fruit choice?

Clean. Convenient to the airport. Quick check-in and check-out. Airport shuttle on time and right to the airline gate.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Kansas City International Airport traveller photo gallery