Reviews of Hotel Versey Days Inn by Wyndham Chicago 3 stars

644 West Diversey Parkway, Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL 60614, USA

#112 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Just a little advice: never book a flight without checking the hotel prices. It was way overpriced for the weekend that we stayed (4x higher than the regular price), but had to pay anyway due to the flights. For the regular rate, it's ok. For what we paid, really not worth it. No vending machine or water machine in the hotel, but there's plenty of options around to buy anything you need.

Good size bedroom, good location with several restaurants and bars around, but 20 min from downtown. There's an "L" station just a couple of blocks away.

• Queen Room

Parking can be a challenge. Street parking is available. Valet is over priced. Better to park in the garage around the corner and walk the half block if you don’t need I’m/out.

Modern decor. Awesome neighborhood.

The property, while old, has been updated beautifully. My room was large and comfortably appointed. The hotel is clean and I felt safe. It is in a great Chicago neighborhood with many dining optIons that are within walking distance, Wrigley Field and the Mag Mile are only a short car ride away. I will definitely stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property and location was great but the A/C in our room did not work when we called the front desk they did send someone up to look at it. After about 5 min looking the unit over it did work for a few hours but again at 2 in the morning stopped working we had to leave at 6am the next morning so when we checked out I again let them know there was something wrong with it they didn’t seem very concerned about it and just wished us a safe flight home! For the $230 a night I paid I would have expected to be moved to a new room the first time the A/C went out then they would have had plenty of time to fix it and their guest would have been able to enjoy the rest of their stay not having to worry about it anymore!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

We reserved the Executive King room. There was supposed to be a microwave and mini fridge. Neither were in the room, which was a bummer. Nice staff, great bed. Cool modern look.

Rooms cramped. Pseudo sophisticated coffee makers are unusable . I might stop coming here because of lack of real coffee in the building

Location between museums and halsread gay bars

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom very out dated water damage everywhere not enough bathroom counter water getting really hot extension cords being used in the room...u can tell its a days in.

Lobby elevator

The decoration of the lobby is pretty fun, very modern. The rooms are big and the beds are very comfy. The staff in reception was very nice and tried to accomodate our needs. You can get to the hotel pretty easily with public transportation, the train station is only a few blocks away and there's also a bus that leaves you directly in front of the hotel. I thought it was great value for money considering hotels in Chicago are pretty expensive. Also, you have a lot of boutiques and supermarkets on the hotel's street. You are within waling distance of some touristy place. I'd definitely come back.

The windows are extremly thin and there was a road construction just in front of our window, so we couldn't sleep too much. We had the feeling that we are directly on the street. This was our last night on our US trip before flying home and we really wanted to have a big sleep, but couldn't do it.

Basically the hotel is good. Looks very funny and interesting. We had a big double queen room on the 3rd floor, europian style Nescafé in the room. Everything would be perfect if the windows wouldn't be so thin. Diversey Metro station is close to the hotel, you can be on the loop in ca. 30 min. There are shops and restaurants close to the hotel. There was a microwave, refrigerator and good complimentary bath amenities

TV was acting up, could tell it used to be a sub-par hotel but it didn't really impact my experience in a negative way at all

Amazing staff, incredibly comfy beds

No tea making facility, no glasses (only small paper cups for the Nespresso machine. Street noice through window/airconditioning.

Good location, spacious rooms, comfy beds and pillows, nice linnen. Great with a large refrigerator, microwave and Nespresso machine. Good value for your money.

Everything was perfect!

Good location, nice and clean rooms. Good, friendly and helpfull staff. next to the hotel are a lot of nice shops, bars and restaurants.

The layout of the hotel was very unique and fun! The staff were exceptional and extremely helpful. The coffee machine was amazing! We can't wait to be back!

Bathroom was freezing cold due to drafty window, room was very hot and stuffy upon arrival. Large bathroom but very little counter space, makes getting ready difficult.

Lobby is very modern and artsy, room was nice. Beds were clean and comfy.

• Queen Room

USB ports or power outlets on the bedside tables would be great. Besides that everything else was fantastic

This hotel was excellent. We got an immediate upgrade to a king size room, the room was spotless and the bed was super comfy. We planned to park with valet parking however front desk advised it’s cheaper to self-park in the building around the corner for only $27 per day which was perfect and easy considering there was a lot of road works outside the hotel which made valet parking near impossible. Free donut vouchers for the local shop Stan’s Donuts were given at check in which was great for a bite the next morning. Staff were fantastic and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

very nice good looking hotel (inside), very trendy and rooms are quite big, I had a bath and a shower in the bathroom !!! There is no view but whatever

It was a bit loud sometimes @ night but they do have earplugs in every room!

This is a great place, smack dab in the middle of Lincoln Park it's steps away from great things to eat, drink & do! I'd stay again for sure!

• Queen Room

Our room was near the ice machine and it was noisy. Guests were speaking loudly in the hall at all hours.

Clean, modern , fun decor. Location was great! A short walk to Original Pancake House 🙂

• Queen Room

There's not a whole lot I didn't like--being a native Chicagoan. I do wish that the parking garage (nearby) on Clark Street--was somehow connected (more) to the Hotel Versey--for instance maybe a little pedestrian tunnel (or something) for greater convenience. However, I did find it much easier to move my luggage from the lower (most) level of the garage--or floor one (1)--as opposed to the other higher level floors of the garage. Other than that, everything was just peachy. I did glance at the menu (too) by-the-way and I would suggest (being vegan) that you all offer more (at least 2) vegan dishes for those of us who don't want animal products--nor by-products in our systems. Thanks.

Basically, I was thoroughly impressed with the interior designing--since I was interested in that subject as a career path as a teen--but I gave it up for other endeavors. I also liked the location and found it very comfortable, affluent--as well as affordable. My stay was great and I definitely would come back--for an (even) longer stay. Thanks.

The rooms smell old. The bathrooms are tiny and ancient! Seriously small and the hot cold water made for a hot then cold then hot shower! Ouch!

Location and lobby decor are the only things going for it.

The step going to the bathroom caught me off guard but I saw the warming sign and got used to it eventually

I love the accent wall in the room and the vibe of the hotel.

• Queen Room

Customer service at check in.....for example - have you been to the area before? what may I help you find?

Everything was very clean. As a new traveler to this area I was a little dismayed that the gentleman who checked me in was more interested in ensuring that his previous coworker made a fresh pot of coffee properly before he ended his shift. Since I did not opt for the valet parking, I was told where the parking was...... but not that it wasn't connected to the hotel directly (Had to walk a block toting my suitcase). The area was very safe with lots of retail around. The visual decor of the hotel was fun and inspiring. Couldn't really put my finger on it, but my room had an "odd" smell.......solved that by buying a flowering bulb from Trader Joe's. If there was free coffee or other amenities, I was not told. Overall I would definitely stay again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was a hassle. You can valet but it was expensive for our one night with no intention of driving anywhere. We ended up taking advantage of street parking but that only allowed you to pay in 2 hour increments. However, this is expected for Chicago.

Excellent location, great value for the price, and the bed was super comfy!!

I think the party wall between rooms wasnt built correctly- to much noise from next door - possibly lay out room so beds do not share that wall!

Staff at desk, room attendants, door man, room size and appearance, all were excellent-

We were not able to have a peaceful and quiet sleep because there were a group of guest who stayed up all night and being very loud and inconsiderate. Despite a complaint was made, the noise level made by the guests were not reduced.

The parking was advertised as "Private", but it was a public lot. Worse yet, it was an automatic lot with no attendant. The desk staff were poorly trained, didn't even know the building next to the hotel. They were not aware of how the parking lot worked and the accessibility of the auto pay machines. They gave the impression that they could care less about customer comfort. My toiletries were not fully restocked each day. Also, the towels were not fully restocked. They did not sweep the floor. There was no bottled water in the refrigerator. There was not machine to provide free water on site. I can only assume that there is poor overall management. Pick another hotel to stay in, especially if this is your first visit to Chicago.

The location was close to where I wanted to go.

• Queen Room

The one queen bed room does not have a refrigerator which I was surprised. It’s a bit smaller but seriously does not affect my decision to always go back to this hotel. Ask for a higher room if traffic noise bothers you

Updates are amazing from being the Days Inn. Great area with walks to so many places. Target and Trader Joe’s right there. The price cannot be beat! Staff is very accommodating. Comfortable room all around.

If there's nothing on television, just grab some popcorn and walk up and down the Halls. Paper thin walls. I cannot unhear how one's body responds to gassy foods or how your husband is the last person you want to be on vacation with. I don't think the room size and the amenities were worth the price. Taxes and fees are not included in the booking.com price. I had two charges on my card. When questioned, I was told that they forgot to charge me some weird tax. The cost of parking was $40 a day. I was not happy with that extra expense but it was cheaper compared to self parking. I could not pre-schedule a late check-out. I was told I can only ask for one on the day I was scheduled to leave. I did this and was only given one extra hour. If you're looking for a safe place to stay and store your bags while on vacation this will do. If you're looking to enjoy your hotel while you're on vacation... this will not do.

It was clean and the bed was really comfortable. I had the option of linking my phone to the television so I could watch movies. Which was nice.The valet was super nice. He would have my car warmed up and ready to go for me whenever I called for it.The location was great. Lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Queen Room

Room was extremely small for a room with a queen bed. Must have had a bad room as the toilet had issues which the front desk indicated had been happening in a number of the rooms. More of an inconvenience as after a noise you had to flush twice. The signal would get dropped to the television requiring one to keep turning it on again. A continental breakfast would have been nice as other hotels in the same price range provide downtown.

Location was convenient to places north of downtown. Doormen were very helpful in always offering to flag a cab down for you.

Nice hotel, excellent location, original decoration! Definitely, it is an excellent hotel to stay if you want to get to know Chicago. It is within walking distance of many retail stores and nice restaurants.

While bathroom had fresh, new tile and was very clean, the vanity was water damaged at the bottom and appeared to be the cheapest possible unit you could find at Home Depot; maybe it was purchased used. Old pipes sticking out of wall at side of vanity, small part of very old tub peeling near drain. But it was clean, towels, shampoo, soap, better than expected. We didn't even ask about parking; parked on street by our friends' home for free and walked.

Bed linens and towels seemed quite new and nice. King size bed was very comfortable, thought it was going to be a double bed, so this was a nice surprise. Elevator is very fun with all the humorous and thought provoking bumper stickers. Carpeting smelled new. Staff friendly. Excellent location for being with friends who live nearby but don't have guest room. Very fun decor!

I wouldn't have changed a thing

First of all, an overall great job at what is done with the place.Everything in the hotel has a very relaxed vibe to it- you don't have to put on airs. The staff is very friendly and helpful in assisting the travellers with the in general idea of what is in and around the area. Even their cleaning staff has managed the lost and found objects very well by keeping different lost objects of the same room in a bag with the room's number.The value for the stay was great and I would've loved to stay if we hadn't already booked another hotel.

I wish they would have a continental breakfast or something like that, but either way great hotel.

Upon arrival they receptionist informed us that they upgraded our room at free of charge to the king delux room. It was spacious and the Wrigley Field decoration added a unique touch. Easy access to a lot of fun areas!

I didn't like: the coffee maker; I hated the tiny coffee cups; how hard it was to turn the knob in the bathtub; there was very little bathroom surface for toiletries; there were no large water cups, and when I called to ask about cups, the night clerk seemed annoyed with the request and told me to go to Walgreens and buy some Dixie cups and complain to management in the morning. I didn't like the carpet because it seemed too thin or threadbare.

I loved the bed. It was comfortable, clean, had extra pillows. I liked the room size and that it had enough chairs and a table. Plenty of clean towels.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Windows need replacing and did not offer alot of sound proofing. Could hear alot of the foot traffic walking by below. If you are looking for a very quiet room, this is not the place for you.

Convenience of location.

• Business King Room

Nothing really. A bit closer to the subway would be nice but not a big deal.

Very clean and newly renovated. Access to several restaurants and stores nearby. Very quiet rooms with nice blackout shades.

• Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Thermostat on room heat was difficult to control. Room either got too hot or was cool. We choose to park at a public garage for a lower rate than Valet since we did not need in and out privileges for our car.

Great location. Comfortable beds.

• Queen Room

I really enjoyed my stay here, I've never submitted a review for anything before but, I'm a college student and I thought the prices were affordable, granted I got a deal but it was well worth it! The room was clean, the showers were nice, all in all great experience. I don't know if I could afford it again but I would definitely recommended this to people! Ita location was perfect, my friends and I walked around a lot.

• Queen Room

There were no cups for drinks other than small espresso size for the coffeemaker. They were not very useful for drinking water, soft drinks, or beer.

The hotel is in a good location, safe for walking around, going to restaurants/bars. I was upgraded on arrival. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. I appreciated the coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The bathroom was wonderful!

- staff was super rude , I did not feel welcomed at all hen I arrived to the property - the walls are so thin I could even hear when my neighbours were “ done “ having sex . Horrible . - the air system makes so much noise !! I had to turn it off and then when I was freezing I could not sleep because made too much noise - I heard a leak all night and I woke up and the bathroom floor was flooded - the bathtub got clogged and I could not take a shower in the morning - the carpet floors are sticky !!!! - the hair drier had HAIR stuck to it - the vanities + sinks are so poorly done that I hit my head a couple of times while washing my face

The bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great area......walking distance to Wrigley Field, Lincoln Park Zoo. Beds super comfy! Restaurants and bars all around. Hotel staff very helpful.

• Business King Room

Had a privacy issue with one of the housekeeping staff. She'd come into my room to want to clean even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob. She said she'd knocked before coming in but I actually hadn't heard any knocking before she'd opened the door. Note to the hotel: Do Not Disturb signs means exactly that: Do. Not. Disturb. Housekeeping staff should be better trained to respect the privacy of hotel guests.

Got a special rate via Booking.com and had a great stay. Not sure if I would pay regular full price. Location was quite good. 10-minute walk from Diversey L-train station. Lots of interesting restaurants on Clark street. Wi-fi signal is good. Very appreciative of front desk staff for following my request for a quiet room room on the top floor; they had reserved a corner room that faces the inner courtyard (not the best view, but highly recommended if you're a light sleeper).

I had to move room. Shower falling off wall and poor sound proofing- overheard porn from next door room. New room - hairdryer didn't work and shower tap fell off. No mixer taps so dangerous. Ensuites in need of updating.

Pleasant staff

Clean hotel, nice size room. When we arrived we were already upgraded to a bigger room. It was also nearby shops and restaurants. Walking distance from Wrigley Field. Easy to catch quick uber rides around the area and to Logan Square. I would definitely stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Towels weren't clean Overall cleaning Staff didn't inform us of internet password change and internet wasn't working most of the time No water or minibar

Location was good Staff gave us a warm welcome Room was huge Good room termperature

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Traffic noise from Diversey.

We were upgraded to two queen beds. Our room was large and lots of light, including window in bathroom. Staff were very friendly. Valet parking attendant was very understanding about our new car and parked it on 5th floor of garage.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had 4 people in our group so bathroom time was at a premium. A sink outside of the bathroom would have been really convenient

The rooms were new and nice and clean. The hotel is in an awesome neighborhood in Chicago and it made it feel like we were locals

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Blood on the bathtub and hair inside of it. Cleanliness of the room could have been better.

The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were awesome. The staff was very friendly. Free wifi was great to have.

• Queen Room

We were in a corner Street side suite--bring earplugs. The living room area and bathroom could use a little color by adding some artwork.

We were upgraded to a suite (complementary) which was very spacious and comfortable. I found the artsy lobby fun and cheerful. The location is great--lots of shops and restaurants (recommend Gundis--a Kurdish restaurant, Petra Turkish Kitchen, and The Original Pancake House--all within a five minute walk). It was an easy walk to the Lincoln Park Zoo. A great value for the price.

Maybe a few extras like a small business center with a guest computer and a substitute for no breakfast like muffins in the public room. Understand that I liked the place. For customers paying a high rate, some of these little things would keep them happy.

I agree with the hotel's catchphrase: Stay like a local. This is a great Lincoln Park neighborhood experience. Anything you want is in easy walking distance. The hotel itself is very comfortable. Great lobby. Very good bed. Quiet rooms. If your expectectations are right, you'll be happy.

No fan in bath for shower, - bath so tiny, the door would not open without hitting the toilet, and you had to step into the shower to close the door past yourself to get to the camode - no refer - a mile from Wrigley, but not worth 450.00 plus $ per night and parking

Clean - but other than location for Wrigley field - I would not pay that price for those rooms again

We had 3 nights a Queen-room that was the smallest room with the smallest bathroom we ever had in USA. The old A/C was very noisy and the room was rather simple. Staff at the reception was rather moody.

Designed entrance.

There is no parking. There is no gym inside the hotel. You can get access to the LA fitness but you have to walk out and walk half a block. The hotel seems to have been renovated but some of the bathroom fixtures need more updating. The faucet in my bathroom broke. the staff wanted to move me to another room until the next morning....? after some persistence they finally moved me to another room the same night. the night shift front desk personnel does not seem to be too friendly.

Location is great. I like the décor of the lobby

The room was quite small and crowded. Not what was expected for the price. Parking in a nearby public garage was expensive. Staff is not good at working out simple problems.

Bathroom tight. Fixtures in shower need updated. Elevator brake system is abrupt. Bed not really big enough for two adults to sleep comfortably.

Friendliness of staff. After checking out, we were allowed to check bags while we went to Cubs game. Could leave our car and pay a little extra. Perfect for a night!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevator was out of service and it did not appear that fixing the elevator was a priority . Comments to Guests such as "you look fit to handle the stairs", "good news you are on the 4th floor but it's only 3 flights" were uncalled for. Hallways had a specific smell that was unpleasant and stair well was very tight to handle luggage or any traffic Most likely will not stay here again Website indicates continental breakfast but that is not true

Room was spacious and clean Located close to family which was our intent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was very accommodating, which made up for the broken elevator. LOVED the room and the lobby decor. We were traveling and welcomed a place that was comfortable but did not feel like home.

We didn't have a car but we always saw people waiting. Had no idea there was a breakfast. The elevator was broken the three nights we were there and the stairs were narrow. Walls were a bit thin.

THe air condition was amazing for the humidness of Chicago. The location was amazing. There is a cool bar literally around the corner called Matisse. Could walk to the zoo and wringleville easily. Walgreens across the street. Amazing food around the corner. So perfect. They also let us check in at 6 am after our red eye which was sweet.

• Queen Room

The elevator was broken the entire time and we were on the third floor and it did get very old.

AC was amazing and instant. For that alone I would return. In addition to the close proximity to my son's apt, the lake and the surrounding restaurants and shops was excellent.

Rip off of a rate. Hairdryer missing from wall, had to go ask for one, sink,shower backing up, cockroach climbed up into the sink from the drain while wife brushed teeth. Overall unpleasant experience, especially at the cost.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little disappointed in the valet service. Our car sat unattended in front of the hotel with the keys on the valet stand with no staff in sight for about 5 to 10 minutes

The room was spacious even for 4 people. Nice size refrigerator and microwave. Very friendly desk staff.

* The room was very very very tiny and the bed was not enough even for two person . You barley can move around. * The houskeepers are very rude. They keep slaming the adjacent room's door . Even after I spoke to them , they ignored my note to keep it down but they kept making a noise .

The staff were trying to be helpful. The location was in a district where most of you need is available. The hotel is getting reovated

The bed was not too comfy but wasn't awful either.

Room was small but we knew that when booking. Very clean - well presented and perfect for our weekend away. We would stay again. Great location

Cleaning staff, valets, bellboy friendly, thoughtful, helpful. Bed, sheets, pillows comfortable. Decor in rooms, lobby very attractive. Great value for money. Location is ideal.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Queen Room

The worst in-room coffee service--a small Nespresso that only made tiny expresso, and only 2 non-decaf pods (we like more in the morning), no cream. No way to get a big cup of regular coffee, No more coffee in the lobby. Fortunately there's a Starbucks across the street but nothing inside. Bring your own cups, Nespresso pods and cream!! There were no large cups in the entire room.They still had the under-window, AC/heat units that are noisy an blow air across the room; not too comfortable but okay.

Newly renovated with a Euro look to it. Attractive, comfortable. Can't beat the location and parking convenience. Great location in Lakeview: almost on the lake, near Trader Joes, Starbucks, a gym, the Century theater and lots of retail businesses. So easy to use their valet parking, in a neighborhood where it's hard to park. Excellent price for Chicago.

• Queen Room

I felt that the nightly rate was a little high but then again it was Chicago. Parking garage was directly behind the hotel, no direct access to the hotel and it wasn't too expensive, $27 a day. No free parking anywhere close that I found.

Location was good and the surrounding area was very nice with more than enough food options within a few blocks. Remodeling was being done but the area was kept clean and very neat.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Well, we don't like what we were hearing about the possible rate per night change. A staff member told us that in June the rate per night might go up to $800 per night.

The remodel was looking great. We loved our room 304.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our hallway on the 3rd floor did not smell the best but it could have been from the renovation going on.

The facility was in a convient location with so much around from shopping to dining. It was great that it was walking distance from Wrigley Field! The rooms were large, spacious, and had amazing artwork of Chicago. Parking was convienent and not too pricey.

During our visit, there was a huge renovation of the building, so a lot of dust and noise. The hotel has tiny walls, so you can hear everything what the neighours are telling.

Location is very good, close to Kingston Mines and B.L.U.E.S. Not many other hotels in the neighbourhood.

• Queen Room

The hotel is under going a remodel. No public rest room in lobby area. No pop machines or place to purchase a pop or snacks on site.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Would have been nice to have a fridge in bedroom to keep medication cold. Also didn't know they would be under construction. Staff didn't seem to want to help.

Location of property

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment and it is dusty and noisy on occasion. There is no breakfast available at the hotel as advertised as being included. The dining room is being updated

The hotel was good and well located. The staff were friendly and very attentive

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Do not disturb sign on door yet housekeeping still knocked and knocked on door. Walls are super thin and for the time being, the ongoing construction should be mentioned on ads.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Currently, the construction. Also, there is a weird smell (probably new paint or from the new carpet or something), that's a bit overwhelming of sorts (4th floor).

The location makes this hotel a good choice. There's absolutely tons to do around the area and downtown is accessible by car, taxi, etc.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They was remodeling so everything was a bit if a mess. When I called to ask about parking all they told me was $27 for over night they didn't tell me that's only if u park it urself. If u have the valet park it it's $40.