Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham San Jose Milpitas 2 stars

270 South Abbott Avenue, Milpitas, CA 95035, USA

#13 of 19 hotels in Milpitas

Reasonable and recommended. (Not entirely perfect)

The majority of staff doesn't understand English. Therefore it was harder to communicate. They are understaffed hence initially we had to handle the luggage cart around the property.

The room was very comfortable with clean bathrooms. Breakfast was fulfilling. Check in and check out was easy experience. The Walgreen nearby made easy access to grocery and essential needs.

It was an experience but I won't be staying Days Inn again that extra 200.00 that just isn't good.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

First of all they didn't have my reservation for some reason, and because we used a debit card they held an additional 200.00 dollars, also the fridge in the room was LOUD, and if you want to use the business area well; just know what you're doing, and don't expect help. The breakfast menu just an FYI : Pancakes (do it yourself) machine didn't work, bagels, oatmeal (in a cup), cereal, coffee, juice, toast and oranges.

I like the fact that we were able to get the room we reserved I was weary since they couldn't find my reservation. The staff was great, the overall place was clean and the location is exceptional! The room was clean and besides the loud buzz from fridge it was good.

Decent value for money, given price-range in the area
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Pretty lean breakfast (and also the same every say). Front desk is regarded as 24-hour, tough often times there were nobody there (early in the morning). They claim to be 100% non-smoking, tough more than once, I saw people smoke just in front of the room door. Wi-fi didn't work most of the time (when it did it was really S-L-O-W).

Room was cleaned every day, no matter what time I left. Plenty of parking spaces. There is Big Lots (supermarket) at a 2 min walking distance. Big TV, microwave oven and little fridge in the room. Plenty of power sockets, in the room.

Great value, but try to get a quiet room.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi disconnected and reset every couple hours; the side of the motel I was on faced several parking lots, so it was loud with trucks during the day and kids at night

Value, room size, cleanliness, very friendly and helpful staff.

Good rate for the Milpitas area.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Good rate for the Milpitas area. Has all you need for a comfortable night. Beds are good. Breakfast is quite basic, but reasonable for a quick coffee and some muffins etc. in the morning. I can recommend and would come back.

Bathroom and over appearance just looked rundown.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom and over appearance just looked rundown. Seems a lot of drug deals etc go down in that hotel. Also I police was constantly rotating around the hotel. The staff was very nice and super helpful.

Pancake machine takes 30 minutes to make one pancake.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pancake machine takes 30 minutes to make one pancake. I am a smart person, but I could not get the hot water machine to make hot water. It had eight buttons! None of them made hot water!

Comfortable hotel, good price , friendly staff but limited breakfast choices.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed until later in the year. Breakfast had limited choices. Elevator had a weird wet smell and one night there was an awful smell outside the hotel. Not enough parking spaces and had to park in chile's restaurant parking lot in front of the hotel.

Beds were comfortable, clean room, staff was very friendly, hotel was right off the freeway, lots of food places nearby.

Poor

The receptionist was very rude did not explain well what was expected poor customer service up front lobby and did not even offer the free breakfast and just wanted the deposit overnight for the room. Carpet stinks and the bathroom shower dirty and knob was not pulled easily to turn on for shower.

The new person was very nice he helped us get our room because we lived 4 hrs away.

Very satisfied for this amount of money
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi is kind of slow or may be with bandwidth shaping. Come on, it's a Silicon Valley area!

Clean. No odors in the room. Has refrigerator with freezer section, microwave, tea/coffee boiler. Friendly reception, what is very important for me.

rooms was clean and tidy.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi wasnt work between 6pm and 11 pm. The breakfast was very very compact but for this money I didn't got more in Bay Area. So the big negativiti is the wifi issues.The staff was helpful but the young members didn't provides reliable info :-(.

rooms was clean and tidy. For this amount of money it was fine.

Room was quiet.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I am 74 and was on the third floor with walk up stairs. There were dirty wash cloths hanging on shower rod. I wanted coffee for breakfast but there were no coffee cups. They told me that I could go back up three flights to my room to get a cup out of the room. I left with no coffee or breakfast.

Room was quiet.

Would NOT stay here again. We stayed at a smaller QI in Ukiah that had better value for the cost.

The breakfast was not good, no proteins like eggs or meat...only carbs..not good for diabetics. A QI in Ukiah cost less with a better breakfast. Hair dryer in room did not work, only one bath towel in room upon check in, bathroom fan needs repair, incredibly loud, no laundry bags in room. A litany of other issues and would definitely not stay here again!

Proximity to the freeway. Proximity to a restaurant. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in room.

The hotel is situated near the highway access ramps and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

'Continental Breakfast' is minimalistic. We ended up going to Denny's, which is at walking distance. Internet access was flaky.

The hotel is situated near the highway access ramps and parking space is abundant. The rooms are functional; if you're looking for a place to sleep and shower, then this will just do. If you're looking for luxury, keep searching.

Good stay but again not worth $150-200 a night.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The price of the hotel was crazy. The hotel was almost 200 a night with tax. This is not a high end hotel and should not be priced as one. The breakfast was not really worth going down to very limited to what they had especially for what the room was priced at.

The veteran staff members are really good at helping you. Clean for the most part.

Great place to stay And all the accommodations you would need if you were working or just staying wi

The manger

The manger MIchael who works during the day shift is very nasty mean and rude. He would not let me talk when I told him I had an issue with the cable tv in my room the night and early morning. He didn’t not let me speak and theaten to kick me out. Very upset

A headache
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

A roach crawled across the tile in the bathroom on Day 1. Coin laundry cost me $4 for one load. Mike the manager was insensitive when I came to complain that my personal sheets had been taken off the bed after we put the do not disturb sign on the door. First he yelled at his front desk staff when I asked her to call him. Then he lumbered down from the 2nd floor when I asked to speak with him about my missing sheets. He rolled his eyes, sighed, and yelled. When I yelled back he said "maybe you should go somewhere else".

It's close to the freeway

good except for wifi, I don't think I will still there again as I can't perform work in the room
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

wifi was terrible, couldn't even obtain email and had to use by phone hot spot for wifi. I would have gladly paid extra for hi speed wifi

easy to access and close to restaurants

Didn't have much expectation but was pleasantly...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Didn't have much expectation but was pleasantly surprised. Had a good night sleep andthe only complain I have is the thickness of the floor seems to be at the low side, with some noise from upstairs if someone walks at night. Overall not the biggest deal and good value for money.

Very dissapointed with housekeeping, we arrived after...

Front desk staff was really friendly.

Very dissapointed with housekeeping, we arrived after shopping Saturday to find our hotel room wide open. We figured the housekeeper did not finish and had to come back but they should always close the doors so no one could steal our belonging. She then proceeded to come back with towels and said that she found the door wide open when she got there and so she left it that way. I know for a fact that I closed the door when I left in the morning. Luckily our stuff was still there. Not good!

The beds were very comfortable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have lasted past 9:00 on a Sunday. We missed it because we over slept. Kinda a bummer.

The beds were very comfortable! Slept like a baby!

you want service and a good room stay away from this place !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

check in time 300 had to wait till 345 waiting for room to be cleaned ! employee and manager on hand not very friendly about this said nothing they can do . and asked if they could extend our check out time ? no ! go to the room and maid still had to come and change pillow cases showed her bathroom switch which when turned on made loud noise refrigator not very cold and air conditioner not cold cool but not cold ! worst place ever and for what I paid I would like some kind of refund !!!!!!!!!! deposit high 200.00 higher then most who do I call about this to get compensated of some sort ...

will not use this place ever again and not recommend

Bed was comfortable.

More breakfast food.

Breakfast... all the seats were taken. If there was any choices for breakfast, there was nothing to choose! Our party just left & ate breakfast elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Good stay in San Jose
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too many Japanese tourists, that completely occupied breakfast room,so nobody else can sit or have something to eat. I know it's not really hotel problem, but it bothered us

Big clean room

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Cockroaches in the room, bad beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

- Cockroaches in the room - Breakfast time is only until 9 am. Should be at least until 10 am - WiFi is very poor - Feels like a very low-end motel - Creaking floors

Don't stay here

Rooms were small not like picture, floor was dirty . Bathroom had black hairs in it and mold around tub, bathroom floor was dirty and cobwebs behind the door. pool had leaves in the bottom outside tables were very dirty. don't stay here

Stay somewhere else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy smelly neighbourhood, with many people hanging around the stairwells and corridors during the evening. Advertising a 'deluxe breakfast' is a joke: polystyrene plates, no protein, no waffles. The milk and OJ ran out one day and we had to be firm with staff to get them to get more milk.

Convenient location at a good price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It could get a bit loud when there were other guests in rooms above and around us. Also, the lights in the room were very dim.

The pancakes at breakfast were nice. I appreciated the laundry facilities.

Not Satisfied Customer/Guest
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needing to have a credit card if not paying a 200 dollar cash deposit or a 200 hold fee on the debit card provided for the room I don't have credit card nor do I want any! The inconvenience of getting our keys active for one day!!! And haveing to return to our room with no access then having the hotel clerk asleep in the back took about 15 minutes to get help to re-active our room key !!! Wifi was very poor not being able to access threw computer, phone or tablet also right out our room we had old key cards to a room with plastic bags full of belongings and duffle back left at the stair well with room service passing it daily! Overall not satisfied wouldn't stay at this hotel again !!! ☹️

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

It is a good hotel in terms of quality and price for me is one of my favorites in this destination
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very clean, sleep well there is a lot of silence, Very close to restaurants, cafes, mall, all the hotel staff are very friendly, they are always available to give you any help

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Na

I asked for an extra towel and it took 30 minor so for staff to give it to me! I had to go to the reception to get it coz I called 3x already!!! Bad staff

Na

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Great but miscommunication with clerk

Check in clerk told me i could check out late the next day, which was very wrong. Manager forced me out at check out time with an abrupt call.

Great room, comfy bed, with all the needed amenities for a couple night's stay.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Not fun.

Being given a already occupied room and having to awkwardly explain to another guest that you didn't mean to wake them up by breaking into their room, but that reception told you this room was free. Doors that don't open or lock properly. No proper pillows. Old fridge that buzzes really loudly.

Closeness to Levi Stadium

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

not good at all
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV was non functional, my room was keyed to someone else as well so I had a visitor in the middle of the night. I was given a non clean room by mistake.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The beds where comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the attitude of the young woman at the front desk when I let her know there wasn't any coffee her reply was "well I just had some". And by 7:30 all breakfast was gone it's supposed to last until 9am. Had to ask for them to replenish coffee and other offerings

The beds where comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

When I booked a room on booking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I booked a room on booking.com new employer didn't see this book, and I enforced pay $20.00 over my booking price. After 2 days I had a new reservation and it is was accept.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

WARNING: DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our reservation had been cancelled by hotel because we had booked with Booking.Com. We did not have the reservation we thought we had, and had to pay more for the room than originally anticipated!! Signing a non-smoking waiver was mandatory, but room reeked with cigarette smoke! Room was NOT as pictured on website, and paint was chipping off walls in bathroom. Shower curtain had holes in it, and ceiling had something orange splashed up on it by sink and above bed. Sink did not drain well. Walls were thin and heard upstairs occupant throughout the night. I WILL NOT BOOK WITH BOOKING.COM AGAIN NOR WITH DAYS INN.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was only ok.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Staff was really nice and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This property was good for the price. It's an older hotel that has seen some wear and tear but it was clean and the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. Free continental breakfast was so-so.

Staff was really nice and helpful. Rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would have been better if when I booked the room they could have told me if I use a debit card they where gna put a hold on it!! Never had this issue with other hotels I've been to.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything negative about our stay.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Great location as Mils restaurant is right across the street.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

$147.00 for worst room ever!!!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Holes in my beds sheets. Two of three lights in my room didn't work. Arrived late after driving in from Las Vegas. It took 20 minutes to wake up your staff to check in my rooms

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Good night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast needs to be a little more upgrated. They need to let customers notice of the deposit difference between using cash, & using a credit card.

Its very quiet, peaceful, & nice had a very nice time. Was really happy & relaxed with the environment.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

There was no eggs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like being ask for a two hundred dollars deposit because I use a debit card. There was no prior notification or sign posted in the lobby.

There was no eggs. The breakfast food appear stale

everything was great first room we had smelled really bad...

everything was great first room we had smelled really bad but they were quick to relocate and that night came to see how everything was.great service

Area

Area

Everyone was friendly and attentive

Everyone was friendly and attentive

Happy days
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast started after we left for work every day

Everything was good ,location ,food entertainment all very close

Better than I expected.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

noisy partiers in rooms below and in parking lot; sketchy neighborhood

desk chair, internet, proximity to job

need to cut one day for the stay as they require high deposit

too much deposit needed to stay if paying cash

Breakfast quality depends strongly on the day of the week !
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast quality depends strongly on the day of the week ! It may be very poor during the week-end : no tea, no pancakes, very limited choice.

The bed was awful, the breakfast was very limited.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Condition of the facility to include the room. Very old and not well maintained.

The bed was awful, the breakfast was very limited.

Pretty good

Pretty good

I will stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No hot tub, breakfast was small

People were great, clean, good location

Nice place, nice sevice, very clean.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi is not good at busy time.

Nice place, nice sevice, very clean.

Nice clean place with lots of restaurants close by,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool needs cleaning but it was too cold to use anyway.

Porridge available at breakfast but not every day unfortunately.

Pleasant
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was cold. Could hear airplanes.

Staff were friendly. Room was clean. Price of room was affordable.

Very comfortable mattress

It was dirty

Very comfortable mattress

I will never stay at any days inn

Customer service was horrible. Rude, no smile, didnt care about any needs. Will never book at Days inn

Breakfast is lousy and staff seldom replenish the bread and...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is lousy and staff seldom replenish the bread and stuffs. Breakfast is not good

Will not go back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is old. Bathroom not clean.. bed is too soft and mattress is very old

Location is good. Convenient.

it was priced affordably, and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast offerings were meager.

Microwave & fridge were in the room.

It was relaxing

Not a good breakfast

Breakfast was nothing. Need to do better

Pleasant

We enjoyed everything

Very clean with a pleasant smell.

Not the nicest bathroom, but could have been much worse. Not the best location.

Very clean with a pleasant smell.

Very nice hotel, will stay again

All good

Very invigorating loved my stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Can't answer I loved my stay .

Very friendly atmospheres and very hands on avsiliavle very comfy and cozy

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nice place
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room badges are quite easy to get demagnetized

Nice place wonderful facilities in the room Nice TV

Bed was a little soft

Bed was a little soft

My stay was terrible.

Room wasn't available i got a confirmation on. I was given a lesser room at same rate.

I wasn't happy at all

Worked out great

Cleanliness

The hotel was fair.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They ran out of hot breakfast item to fast. There was no regular creamer for my coffee.

The beds were very comfortable.

Good for a short stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel on the edge of road end.

Good for short stay.