Reviews of Motel 6 Oak Creek 2 stars

#7 of 7 hotels in Oak Creek

6.1

6.2

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet in our room was wobbly. Even my toddler niece made the toilet move. If you were in a hurry you could almost pitch yourself into the tub.

The room was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was pretty quiet and we were on the first floor.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This location has bed bugs. When I informed the staff they were really quick to refund me for my stay and instead we changed rooms. They told us they checked our room and couldn’t find any but we know what we saw. Very disappointing!

The location is close to the airport.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No tissue in room,sampoo,cream rinse,no do not disturb signs. Bed sheets had odor. Came in Thursday night room not cleaned till saturday

Close to restaurants

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Damp carpets need hardwood or tile floors especially with pets and slow drain in bathtub ...am not a fussy person ....but no carpets with animals is a must and reason I love motel six is they do t discriminate against pets

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Seemed unsafe police always driving thru parking lot. Lot need to be repaved. Clients seemed to include homeless and "working" girls. Walls were thin and you could here the intimate sounds of your neighbors.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The building was shabby, as was the room, where even the hanger rack had fallen down. The beds were not made, which wouldn't have been hard, given how scant was the bedding provided.

The staff was friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

They are the worst Motel in whole state. Dirty, bed bugs, the rooms are not clean, many bad smells, many people smoked there. Village inn Motel is more way better for same rate if it's not cheaper

Cheap

Rude

Nonthing had a room reserved got their and they want a 50 dollar deposit with credit card and they have no breakfast no refrigerator I drove from Oshkosh so I cancelled my room

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Inexpensive and decent place to stay. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. Bed was comfortable, warm and cozy. Had no trouble with early check in (We really appreciate it). All in all everything went smooth for a room we just needed to sleep in. We'd certainly stay again if in Milwaukee.

The room smelt TERRIBLE, there was a very strong odor coming from the room next door and when asked if we could move, we were told it was sold out. We cut our holiday short and headed back home because it just was not worth the hassle. We were VERY dissappointed and the staff was rude and unhelpful

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Price, but not even that was a good value for the room I got

The place was very Spartan, no carpets, old Devore, messy, drain didn't work. Clientele and location were unsavory.

It was supposed to be non-smoking but there was strong lingering smoke smell in the hallways. No one came to clean our room each day. Community microwave was old and did not work properly.

Room basic (no iron, no hair dryer)

Carpet hadn't been properly vacuumed before our arrival. Lamp near bed did not work. Mattress was a bit too soft.

Really good price and location. Good value for money. Friendly staff.

We wasn't able to use the tv for almost 2 days. Thank goodness for Alissa, the Day/Night clerk....the owner came to the room, check the tv and said he would send a repair man...didn't see the manager again not the repair man. Also after our second day there, we were told that we couldn't get clean sheets unless we paid extra for them. Was told this rule came into effect a week before we came....wow, what a bummer.

The room was okay....on the lower level was a plus.

It had a bed bug in our first room but they moved us. Way way way to much police presence they always have policeman looking in cars, walking hallways with K9 and constantly driving through out property. Appreciate security but constant shake downs makes for an uncomfortable situation

Check in women were great, they allowed early check in,

To many transient people around the property.

The bed was very comfortable.The room was o.k.Parking lot had some holes in the asphalt. Overall it was o.k.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything! Carpet was disgusting, room smelled musty, shower had mildew, heater had layers of dirt, it was truly a dive hotel. I've been to a lot of Motel 6 brand hotels in a lot of states and this by far is the WORST.

Staff was AWESOME! Property right off the expressway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Carpets were dirty. Could hear the people in the next room like they were next to you. Loud. Shady guests. I wouldn't stay there again. Cops were called because of an altercation at 2:30 in the morning. My car got hit in the parking lot. Terrible experience.

Didn't seem like a safe location, and property seemed to have experienced trouble in the past, requiring guests to sign an exhaustive list of rules and room requirements before check in. Additionally, the walls were thin, and other guests seemed less considerate of their neighbors.

Good value, close to airport.

We liked everything.our

This was the quietest place we have stayed in a long time and one of the cleanest. There was excellent space to walk the dog. Since we rarely eat Motel breakfast we could eat at Denny's for the money we saved.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property was of poor overall condition in need of rehabilitation. No weapon policy. Plumbing water hammer starting at 2:30 am and continuing every minute till sometime after 7 near my room. Mattress that was split open at bottom seam needed replacing. Hair and filth on carpeting below headboard appeared to have never been vacuumed. Broken windows and bathroom tiles missing on floor. TV leftover from the 80's.

That I only had to endure one night and not two.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room stunk like mold and old socks. Plus, the air conditioner didn't work.

It's located right next to a great eating spot, "The Branded Steer"

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Big room but bed next to wall. Only one bath towel, no shampoo or conditioner. Wall paper off wall in many places. Bed small and only 2 inches off floor. Charged credit card even though I said I was paying cash at check out.

better communication with employees , upon check in we asked the front desk for a late check out, they said sure , noon. cleaning came in our room twice between 11 and 11:30.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

carpet in the room was dirty, no ice and snacks on 2nd floor, no tissues, no pen or paper, tv could be better

staff was great, bed wasn't bad, location was good for what I was there for.

Read above would like to see the place after they finish there clean up

Was there when some repairs were going on so was not impressed of the lobby also there were wired looking people hanging around in front of the entrance. Was very pleased by your rates plus near the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walked into room and curtain half hanging got on chair to put up. Carpets filty dirty in room and hallway. Little holes in wall not even patched up.

Manuel was very helpful at least he tried. The blond hair and latina were not customer oriented at all. Any question I asked was no and tone was rude. Maid mexican lady very helpful and nice. Re evaluate your management staff really.

Some places in it had a smokey smell.

It was a clean, comfortable room at a great price. We would stay there again, because that's what we were looking for.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived 20 mins before check in the made me wait until 3pm I asked why, the rooms are still being clean when I went to my room it was not clean. Dirty towels made not made It looked like some one just left

No waiting to check in

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk worker gave me a hard time and told me she couldn't find my reservation. She finally found it but her customer service skills were not up to par.

The bed was comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

This place was gross!!! Im sure that prisons are nicer then Motel 6. We were told by the man at the front desk that it use to be a meth house!!! DO NOT STOP, KEEP DRIVING!!!!!

Not worth going back. Staff won't care about anything, room was filthy, AC made noise all night, did not have long term parking or airport shuttle. Just stay away.

Booked this motel just because it was the lowest available.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom needs maintenance. I'd say it's due for a remodel overall...

It appeared clean, so to the eyes it was nice... The wifi helped, but I don't think we used it.. It was a place to stay for the night, that was good too.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were stained, the room smelled terrible, we had 1 towel set for 3 people, the carpet was squishy and the air conditioner didn't work.

The price was fantastic

Beds were ridiculously hard and uncomfortable. My room was not what I booked, I booked a King bed and got a queen. Fortunately, the staff at the hotel was extremely helpful and nice and upgraded our room for free.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

I stayed here for a conference and it was deplorable. When my co-workers came to my room with the stuff we needed to put together the 100 employee packet for the conference they were told they could not come up to my room as the hotel has a no visitor policy that is not mentioned anywhere on the site when the reservation was made. Of course my card was debited for the full stay. I implore you do not stay here if you plan to ever have a visitor. I understand security but I was staying here for business and my guest had on Taco Bell uniforms. This place is simply unacceptable the best and friendly people were the house ke epers. I have never had to write a bad review but this Motel 6 is not helping the brand. Not everyone utilizing your business is a drug dealer or prostitute and a better policy and procedure needs to be implemented. I have to travel for work which brings me to Wisconsin and I will not be using Motel 6 again. Horrible stay.

The housekeepers were nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I was given smelled like a dead animal was in it. Second room was still smelly but not as bad. The bed had no top sheet, wifi was not secure. The only good thing was the staff was nice

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a fridge they said they would get me one but never Did tv the channels the voulume wouldn't work and the toilet is bad poor front management

No eggs bed was hard pillows flat

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Scalding hot water, reeked of smoke, no bedspread, freezing cold room, hard to find entrance to main desk, window with no screen on second floor was left open which I didn't discover until I opened curtains the next morning.

Location, close to Interstate

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were horribly disgusting. The shower was stuck, and the bathroom toilet has zero pressure to flush. God forbid you blow your nose and the toilet would clog. Low and behold, we came back to our room after the 2nd night there and the toilet wouldn't flush. We asked for maintenance and were told that all the equipment was locked away and they seemed to not be interested in doing anything about it. I ended up going to Meijer at midnight, purchasing a plunger, and fixing the toilet myself. The bathrooms had mildew build up along the edges of the shower. I asked for maid service after no one coming to make the beds or change the trash for a couple days. When I came back to the room...it was in disarray. The pillows and blankets were on the floor. The mattress pads were horrible. One had a LARGE yellow stain on it (urine?) along with other stains that appeared to potentially be fecal matter. (Pictures included) There was prominent police presence, including a police dog sweeping the halls the first night I was there. The lobby smelled like weed more than once. Multiple drunk people out and around the lobby/outside. I am typically a very confident person, but I felt VERY unsafe here. People running up/down the hallways and slamming doors. Then, upon check out...I was owed my $50 cash deposit back...and I had to remind them that it was due back to me...even though it was noted that it was owed to me along with my room number.

The initial staff was nice. Staff in general seemed very pleasant.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lady who chwcked us in was rude and poor mannered. The lobby was smelling like as if some smoked pot there. I would never recommend this hotel for any of my friends or family. I wish to get my money back.

Hardly anything

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Desk clerk very very rude, basically accused me of lying, room smelled of mold and cigarettes, stains on chair, old tv with only 12 channels, wifi slow and kept kicking me out, loud running around outside my door, druggies and prostitutes all over, lukewarm water in shower, toilet not bolted to floor. Place was scary, unsafe and gross, worst I have ever been too and worse, they charged me for an extra day.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Overall it's a poor motel

No breakfast at all the bed sheets where full of stains and the pillow looked like someone pissed on it told management about it they gave me new sheets to put on the bed I don't get paid to do that they should have health department come in and give people a free night to any motel 6

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beat up furniture. Had to wait 20-30 minutes to check in after our plane had been delayed, and had to wait for the desk to accept our confirmed rates.

Near the airport.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Rude staff...peeling walls....loose tiles in bathroom....outlets falling out....no screens in window...copied our licenses?....stains on walls.....stinky.....overcharged us.....carpets dirty....I would sleep in the car b4 I EVER stay there again!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room smelled of dope and beer. Blood stains on bedding, blanket, sheets. Missing wallpaper. Toilet seat not attached in my daughter's room, wall paper in shower coming off. Grandson's room A/C had no knobs. I booked 2 beds and 4 rooms for 2 nights. There was only 1 bed in each. My son and family arrived 1 hour before me. I had sent an email and got a confirmation that they would arrive first. But M6 would NOT let them in room (3 month old an 6 month old). We talked on phone and STILL they wouldn't let them in. My son had to use HIS CC to pay. Which spoiled My Treat!!! Booking.com showed 2 beds per room.The space for the second bed was EMPTY! I filled out all sorts of info on B.Com about how many adults, kids, and beds. But there was nothing like that at this location. And they said it was Bookin.com's problem (the 3rd party dodge). No refrig, no microwave, no flat screen TV. Fights in the lobby. My son and his 3 kids (3 mo to 14 yrs) drove 10 hour all night to go home rather than stay the second night, even though we were REQUIRED to pay in advance and no refund! All in all I want all my $600 back! The WORST experience I've ever had in a motel. The WORST. Anthony M where are you?

Good shower head. Nothing else.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The motel doors didn't work. The floor in the hall had not been vacuumed in several months. There was no elevator to the second floor. The staff was rude. The room had holes in the wall. The sheets had stains. it was a dump. It should be dozed.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room was not right. No one new what to do. I had to move to 3 differt roomes. And no one help me at all. Drugs all over out side it was bad.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Hard to find. The entrance is an alley. Felt very unsafe with people walking around late at night and early in the morning. I was glad that the police were there when I was leaving. That sentence says it all.

Cheap

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Upon checking in we had no towels the phones didn't work so we had to go down for them. The Hotel was filthy. The second night we asked for another room with two double beds and we could not get in room because the keys wouldn't work. The attendant couldn't get in either so, we where assigned another room. We had 2 Roaches on the ceiling and ants in the bathroom. WE LEFT IMMEDATELY

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were horrible. Sheets/blankets/towels were either stained, worn or torn. No kleenex. No washcloths. Lots of noise by other guests well into the night. Lousy night's sleep.

Location near airport. Room price.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bedding was stained and dirty. Everything was outdated, carpets stained as well. Lot of dogs in hotel. People living in hotel with dogs and kids and cars full of their belongings littered the parking lot.

Police going down the halls with drug sniffing dog at night in the hallways. Plus we did get a fridge and microwave. High police presence.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My reservation was not there. Had reserved two rooms and was first told no rooms available, then got one room with one bed, no working air conditioner. We were given a floor fan. Two boys slept on the floor. I was totally disappointed in booking with you.

not much

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hallway smelled of marijuana. The room smelled very musty. The wallpaper was coming off in the bathroom. Overall, the building needs some work.

The room was fairly clean, given the building and the situation. Sheets were clean. Staff was friendly and helpful enough.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The key card stopped working after a few days and I had to keep going to the front desk to have it renewed. Wi-fi didn't work for a few days after a thunderstorm. No clock in room.

People at front desk were great! Room was clean and comfortable. Light was bright enough to read in bed. Wake-up call was reliable.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was never cleaned despite website clearly saying "daily housekeeping". We had to "reserve" a day for cleaning then they only took the garbage and gave us towels. Never made the bed. Burn holes in blankets and sheets despite being a non- smoking room. Never cleaned floor because a gummy worm was under the dresser when we came in and still there 3 days later. There was also a cleaning rag left on the sink when first came into the room.

Close to airport and freeway.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The smell, the people hanging outside, cops in the hallway. The smell of Marijuana reecked throughout the mot

Unfriendly service, dirty

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Area seemed sketchy. No blow dryer. It felt dirty.

smelled and run down

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need to up grade TV and bascic cable.

The shower

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled stains on the sheets

Nice for the price

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the thin walls and the dirty carpet and the bath tube was bad shape

the customer service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Keys deactivated in the middle of our stay more than once. It was frustrating.

convenient

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pillow too soft and mattress not very comfortable. Hair on bathroom floor. No Kleenex.

Location and price.

Owner

Nothing they need to rent for a month

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was dingy and dated but the price was right

Good restaurant next door and very accessible to the airport

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No alarm ClockNo personal tissue Cat treat found in bathroom Turned on personal fan, air smelled of catlitter

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that the tub had no way to fill the tub for a actual bath.

It was quiet, clean and close to the expressway

That on the web site it said they take cash at that location when they dont.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Pleasant.

Didn’t dislike anything

Very friendly staff. ...make you feel at home. Attaya and crew are great.

Browse Motel 6 Oak Creek traveller photo gallery