Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Newark Wilmington 2 stars

900 Churchman's Road, Newark, DE 19713 , USA

#18 of 22 hotels in Newark

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was dirty when we checked in. The lamps didn't work and the bathroom sink had no water pressure, leaving it impossible to use. We had to brush our teeth in the tub.

The location was convenient.

Our description online had a Jacuzzi in our room, there wasn't even a Jacuzzi on the property. The elevator was very rickity and felt unstable. Breakfast included eggs was cold and slim pickings. Staff does not know the area.

The bed was great. Nice clean linens. Good coffee. Nice pool. Adequate ice. Close to highway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed overnight this past Saturday . Upon leaving and packing up the car we noticed housekeeping entering the room . We then watched as the first bed was being completely made WITHOUT EVEN CHANGING THE SHEETS!! He then proceeded to do the same to the second bed . I took a picture for proof. I am being outraged knowing my family most likely slept on the previous guests sheets !! Board of health will be notified . Room was suppose to be “smoke free “ yet smelled of cigarettes. It was like a party hotel with obnoxious guests coming and going all hours of the night . Front desk help was very rude.Should of asked for a FULL Refund. Will NEVER stay here again .

The smoke free rooms smelled like smoke, Bedding was itchy, AC was load, Rug felt dirty, toilet seat was broke. In general dirty hotel. Will never stay in a Days Inn anywhere

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Got transferred to a room with a toilet not properly cleaned. I took a pic of it even. The walkway outside is a walking hazard because when it rains, it’s slippery although they have a “wet” sign to warn everybody. I think they can do some structural improvements before they get into a situation where a guest will sue them because of slippery walkway.

See above.

The bathroom was in need of repair. The service was not friendly,the plates were styrofoam and you were supposed to microwave the cold eggs on them and there were no napkins just small beverage napkins.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything... room was dirty, we felt unsafe, staff had some trouble communicating. Traveling with a group- my friend actually shoved the desk in front of the door because the place was so sketchy.

Close to the highway and was cheap.

Nothing the shower didnt work in one of my room. When I check in someone else was in my room haveing sex So I had to go back to the front Desk to get another room Plus the room wasn't clean.... The room front door would not close tightly it's was a night mare staying in Days Inn .....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WiFi sucks, bathroom had odor but I cleaned with bleach. Although staff is very friendly shouldn’t have to ask to clean room( wipe down, vacuum ) etc

Very quiet stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The room was disgusting. I felt like I had bugs crawling all over me. The bed sheets were not clean. There was a terrible ‘smoking’ smell with cigarettes and weed. I will never stay at this property again.

There was nothing about this property that I enjoyed.

Checkout time could extend a little longer. I only say that because after you eat breakfast though want to shower and relax for a little bit.

The bed was comfortable and we weren't rushed to checkout like at other places we stayed at.

1. No hot water 2 Bed was lumpy 3.They exploited poor weather conditions by jacking up rates from $62 to $90 4.We had to dig ourselves out of snow the next morning 5. Parking lot was an ice rink at 6:30 the next morning Nobody salted 6. When we complained, they said we were the only one, yet during checkout, everyone complained THE WORST HOTEL EVER ID RATHER STAY AT THE BATES MOTEL

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The knobs for the showers were on backwards in both rooms. My room smelled weird. The staff helping at breakfast didn’t speak English at all! The breakfast was seriously lacking; there was instant oatmeal, but no water to make it with, here was not fruit at all, and there were no directions at all on how to make the waffles or how to heat the “omelets”.

It was cheap

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only problem I had it was the sites problem there was a storm.and the direct TV satellite went out im pretty use to that it happens @ home also everything else was great

The site is great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The facility is in need of updates.

I had to stay here during a weather emergency when a portion of I-95 closed down. I got one of the last rooms, and hotels were all full near i-95 due to bridge closures. I checked in after midnight, and there were 4 people/families in front of me. Check-in was slow, but the man behind the desk was polite and communicating to all individuals who stopped in that he had no more rooms available. He was treated rudely by an angry/stressed guest but remained polite. It is in need of a facelift/updates, but staff were great during this emergency.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stairs always wet and rooms face outside makes you feel a bit unsecure.

The price was reasonable, though it vary, we had a coupke of days they charged 72$, just to find same hotel same room set for 57 before tax.

It was just ok

My back hurt from The bed and i couldn't turn the shower on the Refrigerator was broken,and it smelled.and the electric outlet was hanging out the wall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The late night registration is confusing because we waited at the side of the building but had to wave the guy down to come assist us

I like that coffee is served in the main waiting room and the guy at the front desk was really nice. The room was clean with lots of toiletries

The Person who checked me in and it was the same one that checked me out - was very knowledgeable, professional, went over everything without me asking any questions and very nice and accommodating. The only problem was the blow dryer went out on me and (stopped working) shortly after turning it on and was unable to dry my hair. I reported it to the front desk at check out.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Light too dim in bathroom. Front door was sometimes hard to open and close, but that did make me feel more secure. Had to push on the door to be able to push the door handle down from the inside.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was n rm #115 the bathroom sink I couldn't let the water out i had to lift up the stopper with an ink pen I will admit i wasn't very happy about that

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Disappointed that I have to put a deposit of a $100 down because I use my debit card.. then then the tub wasn’t clean thand carpet was wet in the room under the bed was wet due to the shower. Just wasn’t happy at customer service wasn’t the best

Nothing at all..

Pretty much everything. Took about 10 minutes to check in even though I had a reservation. The shower was very hard to use. You really had to pull the knob out and it felt like the whole thing was going to come through the wall. It took the bathroom light a couple of minutes to light up completely. Both key cards to the room were deactivated and had to go to the front desk to get them activated which took 10-15 minutes because people were checking in and the hotel workers had no idea what they were doing.

The bed was comfortable My car being parked right outside my room.

I did not occupy the room from 7:30am until 10:30pm, except for a nap between 2 and 4 pm, the first day. Because I took a nap in a room that I booked for 3 nights my room, was not cleaned, bed not made and no clean towels were placed in the room. When i stopped by the front desk the next morning to make sure I had clean towels at least I was basically told that if I took a nap at the same time it would not be happening. My husband was in a near by hospital having neuro surgery. I think i needed a nap. Not cool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was stale dmoldy smelling. They tried to change rooms but weren't able to. Too tired to find d another hotel so late. So stuck it through any way. Worst night of the entire 14 days.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very nice. The beds we comfortable and room was clean. The out side of the property needs work and TLC. Walk to Anpplebee's and to Michaels restaurant that we did not visit. The breakfast was very basic continental buffet. Overall for a quick stay, not bad for the money. Property is well lit at night.

We had to change our room. We had a non smoking room, however the room reeked of cigarettes. The second room was musty, although they did come in at some point and freshened up the room. The breakfast was very limited.

The staff was very friendly. A good place for passing through one night.

The light in the shower/toilet room had to be replaced. It was so dim, I couldn't see. The door strike was loose and rattling, which raised concerns of safety. Especially since the room door was an outside entrance at the back of the hotel. The safety slide lock on the door was broken off and had to be replaced. It took several visits to have things repaired. The staff was very nice and did make all repairs, but these are repairs that should have been made before the room was booked. Especially considering the price of the room ($150+ with tax). The bed was very uncomfortable. Neither of us had a comfortable nights sleep. This Days Inn is an overpriced $60 a night hotel.

The staff was very responsive to issues we had with the room.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My tv was broken had lines going through the screen. I told the front desk about it twice. They didn't seem to care. I would've expected them to give me another room or some money back. The odor in the room was nasty as well.

Clean bathroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was old and just felt unclean and was supposed to be smoke free, however the smell of cigarette smoke was disgusting and very annoying! The bedsheets smelled the curtains smelled... the morning staff tried to tell me maybe someone was smoking outside the room! 🤦‍♂️ Yeahhhh NO

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel hired a construction crew to redo concrete sidewalks. They cut concrete with a gas powered saw until 7:30 pm. Left stolen safety cones around holes for 2 days. I know they were stolen because they had Philadelphia Street Dept painted on them! Went to location for the pool, but it was closed due to chemicals added according to the closed sign. The staff at the front desk was very rude during check in and check out. Would not recommend anyone staying at this location!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The food the staff and weirdos lurking round all hours of the night even knocked on the door 4am to ask if I need to buy any weed...

Wyndham rewards until I found out if I book thru booking I don't get them

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The main hallways smelled of heated urine. There was a bag of trash left in the room under the bed.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was relatively clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked 3 rooms and asked to be together poolside. We got separate rooms on different floors street side, and when we asked about that, they said it was an online booking and so that's what they gave us-which didn't make any sense.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price was still a little pricey even though book.com said was getting it as a discount but it was only by a couple of dollars and the sale tax was ridiculous sense De is supposed to be tax free.

Everything was very good and parking was also.

the hotel looks rundown could use a cleaning on the outside. There was construction going on so was a bit noise.

The location was great easy to get to all major areas. bed was alright, liked having the couch in the room as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well I was bitten severely by bed bugs and I had to take medical care about it. The room was so dark because you have to keep the curtains closed all the time. And the breakfast was poor. However everyone tries their best to make you comfortable there.

All the staff was really helpful and they were always smiling. Whenever you need help they are there in a second. They were excellent people. Thanks.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

only one elevator at the far end of the property. Stayed two nights and had to change rooms because AC didn't work in either so I checked out the following day. Police were there always

The "Smoke Free" Room reeked of cigarettes. The bathroom was dirty/ with hair in the shower. The price was very inexpensive so we weren't shocked by the quality but it was still annoying to deal with. There was also a few earwigs in the room...I guess due to the pool being nearby? Speaking of the pool, these images are not the reality. The pool is basically in the parking lot, right off the highway, so very awkward and uncomfortable. Something else that bothered be is that this is not a hotel, it is a motel, I'm not sure how I missed that one, but the added sounds of the night and people revving up their engines easily leaked into the room which added to our discomfort.

The bed was clean and not creepy compared to the rest of the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The exterior was rough but they are working on it. I wish the breakfast had less processed foods.

It was cheap. Great location on our way to Virginia. The bathroom was clean. Everybody was pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

front desk staff not knowledgeable, room has foul odor, had to get air freshner, toilet had a screaming noise, had to call maintenance to get it fixed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty and smelled like mold. My bedsheets had hair throughout the bed (two different textures of hair) There was popped popcorn and a cup of noodle packaging on top of one of the shelves. The property is listed as smoke free but they allow guests to smoke right outside of the guestrooms. The property is listed as smoke free but they allow guests to smoke right outside of the guestrooms Literally every time I walked out of my room I had to walk by someone smoking. (The survey has calculated my review as 2.5 but I give it a 1)

Paying for a late checkout (1pm) and having housekeeping knock on my door at 11:05 and 12:10, asking if I was checking out. Being told my late checkout fee was refunded and finding it charged a second time to my credit card.

the amenities of a refrigerator and a microwave.

the breakfast was lame and boring the gym equipment didn't work which was upsetting because i booked it for the gym the carpet in the room was dirty the toilet flushed sluggishly

the bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Probably, through no fault of the hotel, the electrical power transformer blew out on my last day there, it affected the Days Inn, people were checking out in droves, because of no electricity and no a/c. I had pre-paid for my room on Booking.com, the hotel said it would only would give you back 20% of what you paid, sometimes it doesn't pay to prepay for your rooms, just in case something like this happens, so I went out to buy a flashlight and intending to "rough it" that night, when I came back at 9:30pm Delaware power trucks was leaving and the power was back on. I was so glad the power was back on, although, the next day when checking out, I noticed next door that the nearby Applebees had a running refrigerator truck in the back of their restaurant and no customers.

Breakfast was very good, bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have more choices. The room had a slight mold and musty odor near the bathroom.

Convenient location. Pool looked inviting but I did not use it. There were a rowdy group of young males above me. They shouted inappropriate sexual comments when I arrived at the hotel in the evening. The hotel management doesn't account for taste.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

beds were uncomfortable bathroom too small breakfast was no good. few items waffles were ugly frozen ones only good was the juice. The end units where the machines were,smelled like dead fish.

convinience and parking

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had a musty smell, like it had not been used in a week. AC unit was off completely upon arrival. It took about an hour to cool down the room. Upon check-in, I was told breakfast would be at 6am. Got there at 6:20 and found a couple of people in lobby waiting. There was a lady starting to set up the breakfast. I left and went to a locate restaurant for breakfast.

Price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping staff was RUDE! They did not speak much English or understand it. We were booked for 5 nights and only asked for service 2 times? We asked for service only a portion of the time as we traveled with our pet and did not want to upset the pet any further than necessary. When the housekeeping couple came to clean, they only handed us toilet paper and tried to leave, we told them we are going out so we wanted the room cleaned and sheets changed etc. They left our wing and did not return until my husband called the front desk and then the lady confronted me rudely and said "oh you complain about service?" I tried to explain that we vacated to the pool with our pet so they could clean. But they left and had no intention to return. Her partner (male) then tried to dismiss me and tell me "you go" I again tried to explain that we are waiting patiently for our room to be cleaned and that they left after 2 minutes of waiting for us to get our daughter and pet out of the room. When my husband went to check on the progress and the male housekeeper was rude to him and again told him to "leave" My husband had to help them clean as they did not do anything but run water in the tub and lightly wipe. They did not want to change the sheets, we had to insist on it. Housekeeping was lacking professionalism. Front desk was nice, when I mentioned the above the girl was nice and said she would mention it to her manager? It has been 5 days and no contact from the owner/manager?

Breakfast was as expected

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was a little small for my liking, and I didnt like that we were so far from the beaches. But couldnt find another hotel with a better rate.

The waffles and breakfast were good compared to most places. The room was clean and well maintained.

found hair in my shower but rooms were otherwise clean.

It served its purpose - price was great, rooms open into to parking lot (but they have great locks). You get what you pay for, but it was a decent bed, safe room/area, fridge/microwave and good amount of space.

Breakfast was non existent. No lighting to see what was available. Walls were thin. Could hear the other guests. booked for two nights left after one. lost my money and will never book with Days Inn again or Booking.com for that matter.

The size of the bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our toilet wouldn't flush, hair in the tub and black stuff all over the sheets. Given a different room and half the lights didnt work not the right remote for tv, shower head loose. Outside area was very very poor. Very trashy. Front desk kept having us come down and get our own things we down for. Not happy, will never stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

At check-in there were 3 employee's and none actually acted as if they knew what they were doing. I was given an 11:30 check out time and had 2 employee's try to walk in before that time to make sure I was ready to check out. When I was checking out the grounds were being mowed and they were using the blower and did not stop while customer's were trying to check in and out. I actually got stuff blown in my eyes....

There wasn't one thing that actually stood out to give an answer to this.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were told these rooms were recently re-decorated, and were non-smoking. Upon going to the room, it smelled like a smoking room turned non-smoking. Smelled of previous smokers. If one wanted to pay cash, one had to have a $100 deposit on either a credit card or debit card, that would take 8-14 days to be removed. The bath tub drain was very slow, so there was 4 to 5 inches of standing water while taking a shower. Lastly, the clock radio, even though turned off at the switch, made annoying static noises of various volumes. We had to put a pillow over it to stifle the noise.

The beds were comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, the tv selections were good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think they should give people two keys per room when you have two or more adults because everybody comes in and out at different times

We locked ourselves out of the room twice and they gave us a replacement key for free

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

one of the bed linen was not clean took picture s and showed front desk the next day, I was to tired from celebrating a retirement dinner so just go in the other bed and went to sleep. not sure if they wash the sheet and comforters every day but housekeeping could be better. second time staying there and for 70 dollars I don't think I will stay again.

I like the breakfast and the breakfast room attendant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Outside looked dirty and rundown.Breakfast was gross .Nothing really to choose from.Travel all night charged 10 dollars for early check in

New design of room.Clean pretty

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

been coming here often. this last trip seems to be getting like Red Rood. looking like section 8 housing. I may have to find a new place.

clean, comfortable bed. room was very clean. staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could use some More breakfast options , poor bathroom lighting , outdated and noisy gym equipment

friendly staff, comfy bed, good wifi, convenient location.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I love the site totally the beds are more than comfortable I always get a great nifhts sleep I traveled to Tappahannock VA n Dec and stayed @ Days Inn there both sites were wonderful

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

This hotel is old an showing major signs of age. The patch work of the walls in the rooms was quite apparent. The tub had what looked to be rust stains and was not well finished, given the patch job. The blue sofa has two apparent stains. There were yellows splotches on the towels. I didn't feel like this was a hotel that pairs well with the Wyndham brand name.

What we liked was the location.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

We liked everything but the breakfast. The alarm clock made funny noises at odd times and we unplugged it.

Everything was there that was needed and worked well - except the alarm clock.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel was dirty and the staff was awful rufe and gave us the run around. We had Plumbing problems and we tried to fix them ourselves before we had to literally beg to be put in another room. Every guest at check out was angry about one or more things and the staff acted like that was our problem. Never again will I stay here it was so dirty they should be ashamed but they do not care and I'll continue with their ill run business

Nothing it was miserable

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We received two wake up calls at 6am which we had not requested. The food at breakfast was cardboard bread and grease.

The odor as we entered the room was enough to asphyxiate an entire family.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Creepy hallways. Bedspreads that were borrowed from the sixties! Carpets were pretty dismal. And when the desk clerk referred to me as elderly, I was shocked. I am a particularly fit woman in my 50's. What was she thinking?

The location.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walkways in disrepair . No hot water to wash or shower . Breakfast room was hot. Food was horrible , minmal offerings no fresh fruit one flavor yogurt , not appetizing .

Room was nice

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Room was dirty, musty, bed bugs, outside of the hotel is worn out mold infested. Front desk people are not helpful nor social. Bathroom was not clean shower curtain was terribly nasty. Bed was extremely hard . Dirty floors. Stains on the walls. Beware!

Location and that's it

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is dirty, in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't get a refund, so i stayed. It's not a hotel. It's a SHADY MOTEL. Pictures that are online are not of this hotel. Don't go here. A homeless shelter is in better condition then this place!!!!

Break fast and house keeping

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WiFi wasn't secured,the pool wasn't clean and needs renovation on the outside.

Breakfast wasn't bad could of had different varieties.The bed could of been a little softer.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping did not clean our room as often as we would have liked. But they didn't speak English so communication was hard

The Front desk staff was very nice. Close to highways and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

"!st" room no air condition in room we moved to "2nd" room went to dinner and came back the room was damaged with water because of a fire up above us, moved to "3rd" room this was better but no water pressure in the sink in bathroom, but we did have air.

The cont. breakfast was okay. The bed was the best thing about the room.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Little black bug in the sink the toilet was linking the shower was the worst got up to take a show and no water call the desk they sent some body he came and said this is new you had to use 2hands to pull the nob then little black bug come running out the shower head then when u pull the stopper it had a hole in it so there was no water pressure in the shower and when you turned the shower off it made this loud nose I didn't want to brush my teeth

The air work, TV was cool

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This family is new to the hotel business and is in the middle of a remodel. The hotel is a hot mess right now. However, once the hotel is complete, I feel sure that this will improve. They tried to accommodate my family in any way they could. I wish them much luck in this endeavor.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lets see... i don't even know where to start. They claim to be under new management, however the rooms reek of cigarette smoke, The Toilets clog instantly. I asked for maintainer to come help, they hand me a plunger with dirty toilet paper ad an unknow substance on it :( Not to mention on my way to my car during my stay I was approached buy 2 DRUG ADDICTS! Begging for money in exchange for sex. they claimed to have a room . I respectfully declined their offer and told the front desk whom seemed to shrug it off. Cigarette burns in the sheets, and there was a large cock a roach in my towel that was hung up. when I called for more towel they refused me and I asked for maintence to come because I trapped the bug an they had the nerve to say that I must have BRUNG THEM IN!! very disgusting breakfast. Mina, the so called supervisor acts like she doesn't speak English when I told her about my stay !

This hotel was conveniently located in the center of Newark and all highways! Applebeas next door had great atmosphere

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Newark Wilmington traveller photo gallery