Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Newburgh WestPoint/Stewart Intl Airport 2 stars

915 Union Avenue, New Windsor, NY 12553, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in New Windsor

Dirty Condom found by 1 year old
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our 1st night there we invited my mother in law and nephews 1& 2 to visit us, well long story short the 1 year old pulled out a dirty condom out from the side of the bed and was playing with it until his mom noticed what it was and freaked out on us like it was our fault. Then the manger called us 2 days later and explained we would be charged for 2 nights instead of 3 Honestly if the whole stay was compansated I might not be so upset but I will never spend another night in a days inn. If your child was playing with a used condom that was found on the side of a bed how would you feel!!!!!!

The girls at the desk that night where wonderful. They understood completely how upsetting the situation was, management didn't seem to care as much as the front desk girls did.

Use this hotel for an overnight ,but prefer larger room when doing an extended stay , nice clean

Breakfast is limiting ,toaster didn’t work well ,breakfast room is very small was busy and everyone was bumping into each other .rooms are very small and a little clostrphobic but doable. Would not stay for several days .

Love the location,love the discounts at local restaurants, was very quiet ,

My husband and I wanted a quiet getaway with a pool.

Room was too small.

My husband and I wanted a quiet getaway with a pool. This was perfect. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good. We loved the terrace over looking the lake. very relaxing. Planning another trip.

Husband and I decided to stay one night here on our way back...

Husband and I decided to stay one night here on our way back to NYC, since we wanted to check out the Storm King Art Center. The room was clean, and breakfast was decent.

Shuttle service from Newburgh airport was good - driver was...

Breakfast buffet was nothing to rave about - very basic. Only hot item was "make your own" waffle.

Shuttle service from Newburgh airport was good - driver was very accommodating and helpful. Bed was comfortable.

We stayed there as part of our car trip through the New York...

We stayed there as part of our car trip through the New York State. The room was ok but smelled of smoke, even though we booked a non smoking room. We left the windows open the whole night but the smell stayed. At 10:15 pm our phone rang, which we realised too late. Next thing we know is that the staff is opening our door! Of course we were a little irritated. Apparently this room was booked twice and the other couple had to get a different room. House cleaning woke us up the next morning at 8:30 am because they thought we already checked out.

Mother Nature had a say in this visit - truly not a normal stay!

No power! HaHa

Our excellent rating goes mainly to the staff who were exceptional despite the fact that the hotel had absolutely no power due to a severe storm the night before we arrived. In all fairness since we did not experience a regular stay , our review is based mainly on how the staff handled the situation and that we received a complete refund for our room. However, we were impressed by the appearance and location and would definitely stay here again. It is conveniently located to Stewart Airport and has a beautiful view from the second story deck.

If you are looking for a quick nap after a long flight this hotel was OK.

The hotel needs a face lift. My bedroom faced a dark parking lot. The breakfast was not very exciting. The coffee maker in my room leaked water.

The hotel was convenient to the airport. Check-in was quick and efficient. The coffee was good in the morning.

For what we needed it was just fine .

Rooms are very tight ,not much room to move around . Fine for a one night stay but would feel a little claustrophobic for several nights . Could use a little updating and brightening up . Stairs need to be replaced, seems a little dangerous to me ,with open backs and no carpeting on steps .

Staff very nice , loved the discounts at local restaurants, very quiet

I felt cheated.

The hotel absolutely stank of stale air and some sort of chemically fumes. It was the worst Days Inn I have ever stayed in.

The hotel absolutely stank of stale air and some sort of chemically fumes.

They had a nice workout facility and a very large...

The humidity in the hotel and the room. When you used the A/C it dried the room out. There was no DVD/Blu-Ray player in the exercise room to put in an exercise disc.

They had a nice workout facility and a very large continental breakfast.

We had a good stay and slept great.

Nothing comes to mind.

Very friendly, helpful staff. Room was great, bed very comfortable. A tornado had hit the area the day before but everyone at the Days Inn made everything work just the same.

Room was offered for free!!

I showed up to my reservation an hour after one of the craziest thunderstorms I’ve ever seen finished hitting the area. Trees down everywhere, power lines down, roads closed, and no power anywhere in the region — one of the neighboring towns even declared a state of emergency. The generator at this hotel allowed wall outlets to work only, meaning lamps and phone chargers yes, hot water, internet, climate control no. The things I really needed this hotel for — a safe, good nights sleep— were perfect. Clean, new looking rooms and a very comfortable bed. Definitely a value for the price! It was a little annoying not having any kind of internet or tv, but I just went to bed early. I slept very well. When I woke up the next morning and went to check out, before I could even make a comment they told me the room would be complimentary and I didn’t need to do anything except return the keys. Best customer service ever. It would make me happy if you gave them your business!

No shuttle service as advertised, outdated hotel
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It was dated, they said they offer shuttle service to and from the airport however even after calling to confirm my reservations and request for the shuttle, they had us take a taxi which took an HOUR to pick us up. The price paid for the accommodations was extremely overpriced especially when the hotel itself was outdated, old and needs a complete upgrade.

It was close to the airport.

The pillows were tiny and not adequate.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows were tiny and not adequate. I was traveling with a 4 year old who had been looking forward to using the pool after sitting in a car for 6 hours. I had looked up to make sure this hotel had a pool ahead of time. It said nothing online about it being a seasonal pool and we were disappointed when it was not open. There were pictures of it and it's an indoor pool online. I've learned my lesson to call ahead and verify. Swimming would have burned off energy and made a huge difference in my experience. I would have stayed at a different hotel had I known.

We enjoyed our stay but next time I will ask for a room with handicap bathroom.

I was there with my family. Our son is 40 years old and has a Mac books so he took over the the desk and had the bed near the window. The bed near the bathroom. The is 4-6 inches off the wall making it very difficult to get out. There was also a leak in the bathroom under the toilet it never did grow in size or dry up. The line of water dripped on to the tile and ran to the nearest grout line and no farther. I noticed it when I used the bathroom on entering the unit.

We really enjoyed sleeping the bed was very comfortable. The entry and front desk were neat and clean. The staff was very friendly when we check in and all hoped we would have a stay. The continental breakfast was was good.

The place needs to be cleaner.

The room smelled like cigarette smoke that was attempted to be covered up with air freshener. And the only chair in the room was visibly dirty and disgusting looking.

Basic hotel 5 minutes from airport
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very poor, no ham nor salami, only egg and toast. There was a waffel machine, and a juice machine and that was it. The pool was closed for the season - indoor pool...? Why...?

View to the lake, parking, close to shops, close to main roads and motorways, close to airport

Nice hotel

I had to drive around and around to find it. Therefore I had to pay toll at least 3 times because I missed the correct exit

Nice room and professional employees.

Convenient and clean

That I couldn’t check in 45 minutes early because “no rooms were available.” Also, that the indoor pool was closed for the season.

I didn’t understand why an indoor pool was closed for the season.

The motel is perfectly adequate -- clean, comfortable beds,...

The motel is perfectly adequate -- clean, comfortable beds, friendly service. However, we stayed there in order to go to parents weekend at West Point, and it's difficult to get to West Point from there and takes about half an hour.

It was a very good stay!

Only 2 washers and 2 dryers that one person used which took a,long time for us to wash/dry our clothes. But overall, thankful there was a laundry facility.

I like the cleanliness and comfort of our room.The price was reasonable and the location was close to all our needs.

Stayedthere with daughter who is in the army. Wanted to swim. House keeping was friendliest of all t

Room stunk bad. Even had deodorizer from house keeping, and still couldn't get rid of it. Pool was seasonal. Didn't notice that when booking, wouldn't have got it off I knew. Other guest were very loud and slamming doors all night.

Had a great view. Plenty of parking.

Not right in the middle of the busy part of town, but not to...

It’s looking a little weathered, some of lights on driveway in weren’t working. Beds comfortable but showing signs of wear.

Not right in the middle of the busy part of town, but not to far from everything either.

Excellent value for money.

A little out the way if you have no car.

Excellent value for money. Reliable shuttle service for the airport. Ideal location for late arrival or early departure from the airport. Great staff. Breakfast adequate.

did what it was supposed to do but wouldnt be a place I'd use for a stay of multiple days. VFM

Communal areas a bit worn and breakfast bit drab. Adequate but would have benefited from more fresh fruit and someway of heating up coffee, as it was more lukewarm than hot.

Room very clean. Heating good, given it was January. Staying there overnight having arrived on late flight.

Great location to stay before taking a train to NYC.

If I have to say one thing, it's that breakfast area was a little strange. It was in the back of the lobby, kind of out of the way, just a strange location. And it was a bit small and cramped, but we just grabbed some food on our way out, so we didn't linger there.

My daughter and I were there for a one night stay before taking a train from Beacon Station into New York City. The location was perfect for that purpose, close enough to the station, but not so that you could hear it. The room was clean and comfortable, with the 2 queen beds, it was plenty big enough. Bathroom was clean and well organized. The staff was super friendly, both checking in and checking out, no problems there. All in all, a good stay for a night. The gentleman cleaning the breakfast area was doing a great job keeping things neat and clean.

I will and have to stay again, for the value it was good

Took forever to change channel on TV, the ONLY thing to eat that was low carbs was hard boiled eggs, need to add other low carb foods.

Comfortable room

Other than the noxious guests upstairs, it was a pleasant experience.m
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The noise from other guests was ridiculous. I appealed twice to the person at the desk with no results. I even appealed to the offenders. They were just obnoxious. The little sleep I did get was with ear buds in my ears. The next day, the manager was very helpful and adjusted our room rate. Very much appreciated.

Rooms were very roomy. Beds were comfortable. Plenty of towels. Breakfast on site was perfect. Rolled out of bed and had breakfast. Waffles were great! The gentleman overseeing the breakfast room was so welcoming and friendly.

I had a handicap room which was beautiful.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I had a handicap room which was beautiful. However the bed was too high for me to get in. It is difficult for people who use a walker or had kneed surgery to get in the bed

Great stop off hotel close to the airport

The bed was huge and super comfy. The shower was lovely and powerful. The breakfast was quiet nice and being able to make our own waffles was a bonus. The hotel was very close to Steward Intl airport and the shortline bus station. There were restaurants close by and a huge Wallmart. Be warned there is limited footpaths so be careful if you are on foot.

Awesome, comfortable, nice view!!!

The breakfast needs to have fresh eggs. The eggs are the worst part otherwise everything else is excellent.

The room was clean and excellent. Although it’s a two star place it resembled nothing less than a four star.

Great location, clean , comfortable and close to Stewart Airport

Our 1st room smelt of smoke the second we opened the door. We had specifically booked non smoking. Luckily reception were quick to move our rooms on noticing the mix up after a quick trip down to them.

Free Airport shuttle was a blessing and so convenient. Reception staff very friendly helpful. Right next to a Wal-Mart and only 5 mins to Stewart Airport. Would stay again if travelling to NYC!

The bed was really really comfy, and the hotel paid for our...

The location is slightly out of the way if you don't have a car

The bed was really really comfy, and the hotel paid for our airport transfer. The waffles at breakfast were great! The complimentary toiletries were great quality.

No complaints, friendly staff, comfortable.

The bed was comfortable after a long trip. Breakfast was a little sparse, but I found enough things I liked-so I am not complaining. Did I mention that it was free? Location was good, great view from the front of the property. Lobby is huge, and is situated in the middle of everything.

Room was small but cute.

Rooms were small and it was easy to hear other guests. Terrible lighting in the bathroom.

Room was small but cute. I like that it came with a refrigerator and microwave. The view from the front of the building is beautiful.

View was nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The beds were uncomfortable as though the mattress has never been replaced and the only room left to book was smoking and it smelled as though a person was standing next to me smoking not just a stale smell .

View was nice.

In general a very nice hotel.

Website said there was a shuttle service but after an hour I had to phone a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel. This was at 8pm.

In general a very nice hotel.

I stayed just one day (between airplanes) and this was far better than I expected.

It would have been nice if the hotel had a restaurant, but the staff told me how to get 10% off at the very nice diner down the road.

the bed was super-comfortable. The water in the bathroom was hot. The TV had loads of channels. I am grateful for the shuttle.

Nice place to stay !!

room was clean and comfortable... very little noise at night... breakfast was good with nice variety... breakfast nook was clean and handy..wifi was easily accessible..

We found Days Inn Newburgh to be quite nice.

Since we stayed 4 nights, the breakfast was not varied enough. Scrambled eggs and bacon would be nice a couple days a week. . and more of a choice of pastry or donuts. the food there was good food though. fresh and tasted good.

We found Days Inn Newburgh to be quite nice. Clean. and the staff are excellent. Nice balcony area for get togethers. Rooms are small but very nice. Maid gave us fresh towels each day. The breakfast was just ok.

A good value and excellent location.

The breakfast was very basic and mostly processed food. Not many options for health-minded person (bananas). No hot tub in the pool area.

Excellent location and good value for the price. Nice restaurant down the driveway at the bottom of the hill. I liked the veranda area where a person could sit outside and enjoy the evening (but not the smokers!)

Comfortable, not fancy. Helpful staff.
    • King Room -Smoking

Booking.com has a problem with giving people smoking rooms even though they don't request these rooms. We were able to switch to non-smoking, fortunately. But apparently during the busy season, switching is not possible. The place is a bit dreary with lots of brown and dark colors. The carpets could use replacing. There was right wing radio being played (Glen Beck) that we could hear in the lobby in the morning-- unpleasant to us.

Staff was kind and helpful. Their shuttle to the airport was quick to arrive and leave when we needed it. The beds were comfortable. It was quiet. The breakfast was fine with yogurt, waffle maker, boiled eggs, cereal, and toaster for bread. We enjoyed the Greek diner (with a big menu and fancy cakes) down the driveway, walking distance.

Overall, the hotel is a good value and I would definitely return.

Free breakfast was sub-par. Very ordinary with bagels, oatmeal, coffee, and juice. The TV remote is sketchy.......

The staff is friendly and helpful. Swimming pool is pretty good. Rooms are clean. Very good restaurant right down the driveway.

Decent place to stay for a USMA event. Staff is friendly and helpful. Professional and willing to

Stop using that horrific fake cherry air freshener spray in room! Overwhelming and unpleasant. Just open windows instead.

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Professional and helpful all around.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Carpeted bedrooms which were old and made the rooms smell sweaty.

Great airport shuttle that comes within 10 minutes when you call the hotel once you arrive. Friendly and helpful staff. Fresh waffles for breakfast. Great hair conditioner.

Other than having to park a distance away because of a lack of Handicap spots, it was a pleasant.

Need more Handicap spots!!! Only two for the whole hotel!!!! Worst bagels I have ever had!!!

Glad there was a smoking room. Excellent service!! Great beds!

West Point trip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Sorry to say that someone took my toll tag case from my vehicle. The staff dismissed it as if they did not care. Breakfast was not enjoyable, there were no eggs.

It was close to my destination

Good place for a comfortable stay with no hussle
    • King Room -Smoking

All was good, after getting assigned the smoker room, I requested changing to the non smoker one, this was not a problem, the only little sacrifice was I ended up on the ground floor with the window facing the parking lot, instead of the great view from the original smokers room. This was a little sacrifice for the comfort of the non smoker room.

I appreciated especially friendliness of the driver of courtesy shuttle of the hotel: Doris Fernandes (? It might have been another similar hispanic name) she was extremely helpful to help me out with the planning the rest of my trip and went to great length to find out bus unformation and suggested to drive me to the bus station directly, instead of my intended trip to the airport. This saved me lots of time and money and I feel extremely grateful to her. Hope she will get notified by the hotel management how good work she does and how good image of the hotel she helps to maintain.

Glad it wasn't the Ramada.

Room and bathroom were on the small side but it was adequate for our needs.

Facility was nice and our room was easily accessible. Our room was updated, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was typical for a "free" breakfast hotel but was well stocked and fresh.

Just lovely

Lovely view from my room. Staff were very helpful and very friendly - a misunderstanding regarding the room was handled very well by the manager Nicole who went out of her way to help me. Two other staff members were very helpful too - Brenda I didn't get her surname, and Debbi Rodriguez. I really cannot fault this hotel and the staff at all. The breakfast was great as far as I'm concerned especially the waffles. The fridge in the room was great as Walmart was an easy walk (I had no transport) and the diner at the entrance to the road up to the hotel was excellent ! I liked it so much I went back a second time. I had planned to stay two nights in NYC before heading home but I had some difficulty with the accomodation so I took the bus back the next day. I love this hotel

Worth a stay- I'd come again

Towels could be thicker.

Very convenient location. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable-- lots of pillows and good quality sheets. Lovely outdoor balcony overlooking the lake. Diner down the hill, offers a 10% discount with proof of stay (room key). Typical diner, with large menu and decent food.

Excellent and confortable hotel for travellers

The water of the swimming pool was blurred and greenish. Nobody told us about this problem.

Very convenient for our travel. Very clean and quiet. The bed was amazingly confortable.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

An ash tray

Everything smells strongly like smoke here. I asked to change rooms, but none were available (and the staff didn't really seem to care). Not aggressively bad, but I sure wouldn't ever stay here again...unless I take us smoking I guess.

I didn't like booking.

I didn't like booking.com at all, I reserved rooms that were non smoking and got a room that was smoking. Also the price of each room was $100.00 per room more than quoted on booking.com, very uoset

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great stay and very relaxing! Staff was excellent and helpful.

Pool was very cold.

Bed was so comfortable. It was nice and quiet for a good night sleep. I liked the refrigerator and coffee pot in the room. Location was perfect, Close to stores and food.

Transportation nightmare!

The staff member at the front desk had an attitude. She didn't give me a receipt and was rude to my teenagers.. it found it very difficult to get one point A to point B!!! They told me before I booked my reservations that someone would take me back and fourtth within a 2 mile radius....I had to wait at least an hour or more for transportation. Due to this issue I don't think I'll be coming back..

Ms Rodriquez was nice and polite. The other Debbie needs a customer service class! I'm referring to her below....the heavier Debbie .

Disappointed!!!

Unfortunately my wife left a small zipper bag with some jewelry on the bed when we left and did not realize it until our stop over the next night a state away. When she called the hotel, they could not help her and asked her to call back the next day after 9am. She did this, and they said they would call back within the hour. They did not call back, so when we stopped for lunch, my wife called them, and they stated that her jewelry bag had not been found. We thought employees had to be bonded and would turn the jewelry in, but evidently not. Very disappointed, low spot in our vacation.

The room was very fresh and smelled wonderful when we walked in. Even though the room was a little tight, it was very efficient in design

Great place to stay by the airport

A very minor complaint, but the towels seemed to be a little old.

The hotel has been newly renovated. The room was very clean and well equipped. The staff we encountered were all very friendly. We spoke with Debra at the front desk who was more than eager to answer our questions. Check in and check out was extremely efficient.

Great hotel in a good location

No in room safe available

Great hotel, location and price. Very quiet rooms and comfortable beds. Easy access and friendly staff. Large fridge in the room.

Okay for the price

Breakfast wasn't anything special. Crowded, very tiny coffee cups, bread and juice. Ended up at another local restaurant all three days of my stay for coffee

Friendly staff

I didn't see it noted anywhere prior to arrival that the indoor pool was only seasonal and not open during our stay. The kids were a little bummed about that but no real big deal.

Friendly staff

had breakfast out
    • King Room -Smoking

I made reservation for two rooms online when I got to the hotel they could not find the reservation for two rooms but the staff was very nice and made it happen.

had breakfast out

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very good experience.

We really weren't there long enough to experience a lot of things. We came late and left right after breakfast.

Location was easy to find. Nice breakfast. I'm glad you had oatmeal in addition to eggs. The toaster didn't take forever to finish toasting.

Days inn rocks

There's nothing I didn't like all was perfect

The front desk clerk I forgot her name she's young long black hair really really excellent employee very helpful and has an awsesome attitude I've stayed here more then 4 times and she's always been helpful wether it was showing us how to use the pancake machine to any questions we may have had. Awesome employee

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Well worth the money.0

The quality and size of the bath towels was disappointing but did the job.

Everything was super clean and the hotel smelled amazing! The shower had good water pressure and stayed hot. The view of the lake from my room was beautiful. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great hotel

Breakfast selection could have better.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The view of the river was an unexpected bonus. Location was easy to find and close to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Great place to stay
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I am a tea drinker, could taste coffee residue when getting hot water for my tea. It would be wonderful if dispensers were allocated for hot water only

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Comfortable

Breakfast food was limited No drinking water Only eggs available were hard boiled No substitute for cow's milk. I don't use dairy

Clean room Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

We will definitely stay here again.

Extremely comfortable mattress, just as good as a higher-priced hotel. Very clean. Quiet. I liked that the light from the hallway didn't shine on my face while I was sleeping (due to a wall which jutted out.)

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Newburgh's tucked away surprise!

The light and exhaust fan in the bathroom were on the same switch. I like to leave the bathroom light on as a night light. I couldn't leave the light on as the exhaust fan noise was too much for sleeping.

Location; easy access to the airport, free transportation to the airport and the ability to leave my car at the hotel at no extra charge while on my trip.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Decent value

Pillows were lumpy and foamy. Dim lighting. Breakfast minimal.

The bad and linens were nice, but the pillows not so much. Clean and quiet. The room had a nice size refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

I was very upset with Booking.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I was very upset with Booking.com. They put me in a smoking room, even though I asked 2 different times for a non-smoking room. The excellent staff at the Days Inn was able to fix the problem caused by Booking.com

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Very enjoyable for the money
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Smoke smell in some areas

The young people at the front desk had great attitude and friendly the young lady that works the morning breakfast was friendly kind and informative this is the first motel we re going back to sept11/12😃

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Will definitely be back!!!

Even though the room offered two queen beds for a party of three...would have liked the availability of a folding cot.

The view facing the water gap across from the hotel was quite nice. Liked the proximity to restaurants and shopping as it made things very convenient.