Reviews of Days Hotel by Wyndham Oakland Airport-Coliseum 2 stars

8350 Edes Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621, USA

#17 of 42 hotels in Oakland

The halls looked a little run down and in a bad neighborhood

It isnt in the nices neighborhood but had no problems. Our rooms were clean and the breakfast was nice. Worth every penny.

The staff could've been a little friendlier and the housekeeping couldn't understand English very well.

Beds are always nice and comfy and the rooms are always clean

Nothing that I didnt like.. no complaint. The staff has been so kond and helpful, the room hss been great, the breakfast is also wonderful.

Everything!! Location, price, room accomodation, food and staff. They are all excellent!

some hard or soft boiled eggs or scrambled eggs would have balanced all of the carbs

ease of check in and check out. available parking was great. Staff was accommodating to requests. other than peanut butter, not enough protein offered in complimentary breakfast. Oatmeal has improved since visits last month

Can think of anything

This the first breakfast that my husband and I have not walked out on. It had a wonderful selection, also with things that weren’t too sweet

Included breakfast did not have any meat(bacon or sausage). The pancakes were cold.

Very friendly reception staff. On-site restaurant very convenient. Easy access to Oakland Airport.

the on site restaurant was closed, but we did go next door to the Radisen Hotel & watched the Warriors and had a nice time.

It's close to the Oakland airport which was important for us. Easy to find for friends to pick us up.

I called the Hotel to check to see if I could check in early, they tried to tell me that I didn’t have a reservation. I had a birthday party to attend and it Thank goodness for Booking customer service

Conveniently located by the Oracle and freeway.

I asked for late checkout for 12:00; they were banging on my door &calling my phone starting at 11:10...i finally andweted the phone and the only question was are you leaving today? I then reminded them I was checking out @ 12:00. This was not good. I will never stay there again.

The horrendous traffic noise meant neither of us had any sleep - not good before a 10 hour flight. The hotel is good, but get a room at the back!!

very clean

The staff was very friendly and professional. The complementary breakfast in the morning has much to be desired. It was the worst complementary breakfast I have ever been.

I feel like the tv remote was a little hard to operate. When I would press a button on the remote I had to like click it three times for the tv to detect it.

What I liked about the hotel was the friendly staff. I forgot my toothbrush and toothe paste and the staff gave me complimentary tooth brush and tooth paste

Very dangerous area. Felt very unsafe. Too much noise coming from the car park where random people hangout in the night. No water in the hotel. Have to walk down two stairs and have to pay for WATER. No kettle in the room. Bed had hair on it. Felt very uncomfortable. Breakfast was below average.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Had overnight stay as was flying to hawaii the next morning.staff were very helpful telling us where we could get a meal,booking us a shuttle bus to airport next morning.

The surrounding area was a little scary, saw someone get the food they ordered stolen at the Jack in the Box across the street but I guess they were hungry.

The covers are too thin sometimes the sheets don't seem very clean and sometimes the floors feel grimy however you can get a room that sometimes is a little cleaner than others cleanliness is a big issue for me

It's too expensive for the quality of the room. They're not very clean but it's cheaper than most rooms around there. Also I like the fact that they have security.

Room was nice bed wasn’t ass soft really thin blankets and microwave was missing from Room also when asked if they had one we had too pay extra :( plus my fiancé found a spider above the doorway inside our room !!!!

Close to BART and airport also A good amount of Food locations

Water pressure was terrible, shuttle was unacceptably delayed both times: especially at 12:30am. Lawn mower at 6am was a deal breaker for ever staying again. Breakfast was so-so; please add a fruit option.

Beds were comfortable. Room size was fine.

The registration guys were so dumb and do not know what they are doing! And you have to add more shampoo and soap at the bathroom

The property is clean relative to the amount that you pay

We needed a hotel near the airport, but this area did not feel very safe.

The free airport shuttle. Also, the room was clean and warm, the beds were comfortable, the shower worked great, and the breakfast had an ok selection: fruit, cereal, toast, eggs, yogurt, juice and milk.

I did not like at all that the windows are not noise resistance...you can hear everything. From the person talking outside and every car passing by and we where in the 3rd floor!!! Horrible. Also there was a limited space in parking. The spaces where narrow some people where taking double parking. Also the movies are a little expensive we rented Jumanji for $20 the fair price should have been $12-$15

I liked that my room was next to an elevator very convenient with a 5 month old and an 8 year old. The beds where comfortable. I like that's there was a refrigerator and the towels dry very well. Also the staff are very helpful

The inside of our room was not only exceptionally clean but beautifully decorated. The outside of this hotel looks plain and didn't prepare us for how nice our room was! The staff was very helpful from check in to check out. Housekeeping was friendly and approachable. They made sure we had what we needed whether we needed more shampoo or towels. This was our first time my family and I stayed here. We were really glad we chose this hotel.

Sleeping on the side of the traffic. It is really noisy during the whole night. But we asked to change to the other side and that one was quiet. Breakfast is ok, not a lot too choose.

It is really close to the stadium to watch the NBA and to the metro to go directly to the city center. The bedrooms are big and the beds really comfortable.

The area where hotel was located did not seem safe nor clean. My family felt very uncomfortable staying there. They did not feel safe. The check-in office is not connected to actual hotel, it's across the way. The gate did not work, cars had to drive thru back of hotel to park within gated area. Room did not have a microwave. This hotel is around Industrial area.

the price of stay seemed inexpensive, a burger king is across the street. There's a convenient store in walking distance. Located 7 min. from car rental return at airport.

Everything was nice, neat, and clean. I was totally comfortable no noise at all. Very worth my money. This is where I'm staying when I'm back in the area.

Was told All rooms were non smoking but someone on my floor was smoking. And I was told only outside in the back of the building. Not safe if you need to in the middle of the night in that neighborhood

Hotel was fine, didn't like Oakland, CA, shabby place, not the hotel's fault.

The modern decor of the room was nice. Looking for the accent wall paint color.

Location was too loud simply because it was next to the airport and stadiums. The view was less than optimal.

The room was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated.

There was no microwave, some electrical sockets didn't work, and there was no HDMI port on the tv. I wanted to play video games but had to bring in my own tv. Also,, I wanted to pay cash, but when the clerk asked for the credit card I reserved the room with, she charged that.

The place was clean, and there were lots of towels. The Wi-Fi connection could have been faster, but it was reliable.

No computer access to print boarding pass. I had to go through the receptionist. No lounge or adequate area to wait for airport shuttle at reception. Breakfast was missable.

Good spacious room friendly staff

Parking was exceedingly difficult if arriving late and at times, parking lot was essentially full. No microwave available in standard queen bedroom. Housekeeping did not replace all items or clean thoroughly enough. TV/Satellite service was slow and some channels did not work. Other guests were loud and dirty.

Parking was free/included in cost of room. Faciilty was fairly clean overall. Location wasn't bad, near a variety of different restaurants.

tv chanels not working.. bathroom paint was falling off...this was my second time in the past month staying here... i travel alot for business..but i had a uncomfortable experience last time...some other guests enter my room while i was in my under wear.. front desk called me later to tell me they make a mistake..and didn't know i was in the room... but didn't said nothing else.apology or a discount .don't know if staying here next time..

that is close to the airport...and food

The heater blue cold air even though the heat was on water on the bathroom floor not enough towels

The Bed, the shower bars, close to parking short walk close to reservation close to breakfast I was very pleased

The reception was so rude & she did not want to help. She insist that she did not receive the credit card authorization & the manager found out in the morning that they received it. It was been so uncomfortable and I would like a refund or a free stay.

I didn't like the parking area. There wasn't enough room and i had to park at the restaurant next door. I did like they have people making sure everything is ok.

I like the size of the rooms. They have lots of space in them. It's a clean property.

The facility seems both antiquated and poorly designed. The dining area and "front desk" are in a building apart from the lodging area. That seemed very odd to us. The reception area had virtually no seating.

Convenient location relative to the airport. Complimentary shuttle service. Pleasant accommodations.

i didn’t like that i had to pay for parking on Sunday for the game when i was already a guest!

the fact that it was super close to where we needed to be.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It was located perfect for us by the Oakland Colosium, but Oakland is not safe or a tourist spot. Not the fault of the hotel . Perfect location for what I needed.

The area is very seedy. Lots of undesirable people. You can tell that it’s not quite safe to walk around especially for ladies. Also, we smelled marijuana in the hallway of the hotel.

Close to Oracle Arena We stayed for a night to watch the Warriors play. We planned on walking to the arena but there are plenty of homeless people around and nobody seems to be walking to the arena so we took uber.

I found out the morning we were supposed to attend Bob Seger concert at Oakland Arena that the show had been canceled. I knew your cancellation policy, but thought since there were extenuating circumstances maybe there would be some leniency. I have never canceled a reservation late before.

Everything was great!

Customer service a 10 young lady at the front desk wonderful at check out the same both youngladys were wonderful as well I will be back!

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bed uncomfortable, pillows uncomfortable, room on highway side constant noise, room near elevator noisy late at night. No waffles!

Close to the airport

I was not pleased with the breakfast. More options were needed for breakfast, ie sausage, bacon, pastries and a more fruit selections other than orange slices.

The rooms were neat and clean.

Room needs to have furniture moved and cleaned better. There were Skittles and jelly beans and trash behind the nightstand

Jolly Roger food, great fridge, quiet location, secure building, nice staff

Area was dirty near Oakland Coliseum stadium. Public transport too far too walk. Did not feel safe!!

Breakfast was basic but plentiful and enjoyable. Staff were very friendly helpful and efficient. The surrounding area was not pleasant. Near Coliseum stadium was a dirty area. Best use this hotel as a drive in. Not a good area for walking to catch public transport!! San Francisco was a fantastic city to visit. Transport system fantastic using BART. Great scenery and sights.

All. Worst hotel I have been to during my 3 weeks in USA. Breakfast included. Really? Prisoners in jail have better. You need to solve something at the desk? They will help.

Nice friendly staff, good location close to the airport and walking distance to the Coliseum if you want to catch a Raiders or Athletics game. Breakfast was fine, rooms nice and clean; would recommend this hotel.

The property entrance and exit areas was not explained at the time of check in.

The property entrance was a little hard to find and the exit was confusing inside the property were all fenced with gate but was not explained anything about the entrance & exit. The location seemed to be in a bad part of Oakland.

Good location for what we wanted to see and do. Clean and comfortable, with good continental breakfast The staff were very helpful. The Jolly Roger Diner was excellent meals for a reasonable price. One particular staff person, Natalie, was extremely helpful to us, and we highly recommend her to her superiors. She is a credit to the hotel.

The bathroom is too small. The water pressure could be stronger.

We arrived late at night, with a 7am flight to catch, so we were only there for about 6 hours. It was very comfortable and we recharged very quickly. It was clean and comfortable.

B'fast room kinda off putting, but don't let that stop you from coming. Just trying to mitigate your disappointment. Know you'll have to fend for yourself.

Room was really clean. Queen beds comfy. Quiet room slept well. Not a luxury property but xclnt value. Advertised B'fast pretty non existent but coffee and drive thru b'fast really close by.

Not enough towels or pillows. We had to go down to reception ourselves to collect them. Breakfast is ok. We had a street front room which was noisey even on the 4th floor. Air conditioner was very noisey.

Free car parking. Hotel was clean.

It's not sanitary at all! I've stayed here 3 times, and I had to call house keeping upon arrival each time. It's cheap but dirty

The price

Breakfast was truly disgusting. Almost only carbs in the meal - no ham, no cheese, no eggs, no bacon, no vegetables, no fruits... Only toast-bread with jam, pancakes with maple syrup and cereals with milk - like eating a bowl of white sugar. "free shuttle-bus from/to airport" is not so true. The bus driver expects to be tipped and is very rude and unprofessional when you explain that you do not have any spare $ and the trip was supposed to be free...

A lot of power sockets AND usb sockets to charge phones - pleasant surprise after seeing sometimes 1-2 free sockets in other hotels. Good wifi.

Hotel needs to fix the infrastructure causing a loud whirring/banging in the end-hall rooms. Some sort of machinery - plumbing or AC, etc - was so loud I had to switch rooms. Thankfully the receptionist gave me another room, but it was after midnight and I was exhausted and had to repack my belongings.

Hotel receptionist was very caring and responsive to my complaints.

It was quite far from San Francisco. However, we did know this. There were never enough tables to eat breakfast. We found that we had to keep taking it up to our room which was on the 5th floor and it was difficult to do so.

Very clean and well presented. The bart station is not far away.

It was a bit creepy. When I arrived, there were assorted individuals smoking right outside the lobby door, and the staff was completely disengaged. A security guard was stationed right outside the lobby, near the adjoining parking lot. The parking lot was definitely an area of concern from a safety perspective, and clearly why they have a security guard on site. The guard attempted to prevent me from briefly leaving my car by the lobby entrance so that I could bring my bags upstairs, even as I expressed concerns about making multiple trips from the adjoining parking lot. I had to explain that it would only take me a few minutes to get my bags upstairs, as if he had never encountered such a situation. The security guard was similarly disengaged and not particularly attentive to the parking lot itself. He seemed to be there mostly to bother guests, not to support guest safety. This left a terrible impression.

Not much, other than closeness to the airport. At least the room was clean.

Breakfast plain boring toast and powder egg with over brewed coffee

Close to airport for a night stop either from arriving into Oakland before onward travel or a night stop before departing Oakland apart from that too far to stay away from San Fran it self

Very nice lady at check in. Helped us when we had emergency change of plan. Room was clean, bed and pillow comfortable. Secured parking as parking is gated.

The two young ladies working at the counter when we checked-in seemed a little frazzled and overwhelmed and thus unable to deal with the multiple customers efficiently.

After reading other reviews, we decided to take a chance and stay at the Days Hotel so that we could walk to the Oakland Coliseum for a concert. There wasn't any issues walking, especially after the concert, since police was present at the main street to direct traffic and there were other people walking from the venue. I would definitely stay here again when attending an event at either Oracle Arena or Oakland Coliseum. Additionally Jolly Rogers Diner was a very convenient place to grab something to eat. Our dinners were delicious: the 12 oz Prime Rib Dinner and the Tri Tip Dinner. Finally, since the hotel is located close to the freeway and in an industrial area, it is noisy at night but we brought earplugs, and we were fine. The room was clean and had everything we needed.

Noisy air con

Perfect hotel after a long flight. My main criteria was cleanliness, fast WiFi and parking, and this had all 3. Breakfast consisted of toast, cornflakes, pancakes and coffee which was good enough for us.

Worst ( Auwfull ) breakfast we've ever had during our 2.5 wks trips // Poor quality food // They don't care about customers / we had to wait 20mn for 2 slides of bread every morning because they only have ONE toaster in such an hotel.. / no eggs nor sausage no waffles // Poor quality panckes not baked // So avoid this hotel only regardig breakfast. On top of this, no space for breakfast, and traveller are eating on table in a meeting room. never seen this before. Room very noisy, due to poor quality of windows. =>> I just recommend the manager to have a breakfast with its customers one day nb we had breakfast in the same chain, eg travelodge and there breakfast was ok.

Room rather OK but very poor breakfast

Not a good location, I did not feel safe leaving the hotel. This hotel needs to offer a shuttle to the Bart Colliseum Station. The breakfast was not the best, wish muffins or bagels were offered. Also, a small microwave in the rooms would be nice.

Our room was very clean and updated. Loved the decor, paint colors and bathroom. Beds were extremely comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was awful. Nothing but bread, milk was gone, oatmeal was gone, juice was gone. They did have coffee but it was not very good. There were scrambled eggs but they were not cooked and were swimming in juice. They need to offer better selection and keep items stocked. They advertise breakfast, but this was no such thing.

The breakfast choices were quite limited, and not fresh. Further, it seems that the hotel's location is great for people spending just one night, but not for longer stays, as the neighborhood is not the best, or safest. On the other hand, staff (in particular the girls in the front office) were not friendly at all. I wouldn't say they were rude, but they looked pretty disinterested in the guest(s), not the warm welcome you'd expect when you get to a hotel.

We stayed in room 105 and it was smoke free but it always outside our room and coming inside the hotel you can smell marijuana a lot. All the time we were there. Some windows in tje gym area and in some room were also open which did not make me feel safe.

Room was comfy the bed too. The continental breakfast was good and staff was helpful

The breskfast room is really too small for a hotel this size.

Within easy reach to San Francisco. Beds were very comfortable. Location is very quiet. Rooms are very clean. Breakfast is included, although the breakfast room is too small. Tha attached diner is very good yet very reasonably priced. I had and excellent NY steak at only $18. Great value for the money staying near Oakland Airport Days Inn for a San Francisco trip.

The breakfast was horrid. Eggs? Instant eggs that were freaking disgusting! If you didn't want those then you had your choice of cereal or bread. That's it. I'm lactose intolerant I couldn't do either. So I had to get my own breakfast 21 minutes away!

The beds were comfy.Room was spotless. Pool was great too. Close to gas stations and fast food.

Parking was a little tight. Pool looked good but we did not use it. Outside of the hotel was dated. The "lobby" was not attached to main building, located in a small building across from the actual hotel. Neighborhood was a little sketchy.

The Jolly Roger was an excellent place to hang out, eat and get a drink. Staff there was the best, very friendly and helpful.

When we arrived there were police cars outside. I went up to them and asked if I should be concerned about this hotel since there was clearly a problem that brought police officers to the door. His response was, "don't leave anything in your car or it might be stolen. This is a bad neighborhood and I would not stay here if I were you."

It's a little bit pricey. It could be as a result of the season.

Continental breakfast was good. I believe it is the policy of the hotel not to provide scramble eggs every day. It was good.

Wow! Pretty run-down from high turnover rate. The rooms show excessive wear and for the money ($137.00/night) this was pretty expensive for what the traveler gets in return. The water pressure in the shower and toilets is low to marginal. The staff is nice/polite but not very helpful. The room we had on the road-facing side was far too noisy with heavy road freight traffic between 11pm-4am. The breakfast bar was low-quality store bought carbo and some yogurt choices. The parking lot is difficult to navigate with narrow spaces and overfull for FREE parking advertised. The pool is small and poorly sited at the driveway entrance. There are a number of transients walking and loitering the property at all hours of the day and no visible security provided by this motel. Make wiser choices and choose another venue for your next stay.

This is a central location to the BART transit system, buses, and sight and walking distance of the Oakland A's baseball park. Pretty easy to find and get in and out to major freeways.

The price is a little steep. One of the elevators has issues. All of the other staff people at the desk were not friendly.

I liked that the beds are very comfortable. Top quality mattresses make a tremendous difference. They have a pool that is up to 6 feet deep. Sylvia the front desk night staff person was excellent. This place is kept very clean, I appreciate that. All of the maids and other grounds people like the parking lot/security were very nice.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The office is in a separate building and so you need to walk outside to get to it and that was weird. On the way out to catch our flight, we got stuck in their elevator for over half an hour and we were worried we were going to miss our flight! The front desk called the airlines to let them know we would be coming, the fire fighters came and got us out, and the hotel gave us a good compensation for the time spent trapped in an elevator. Overall, a good stay.

The location was perfect! It was a few minutes from the airport. The AC worked really well as well.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Swimming pool is very small, with no privacy (next door to reception and divided only by an open view fence). Would be nice if the fence was not see through. Breakfast on the scarce side, (bread, scrambled eggs, yoghurt, jam/peanut butter/ butter, cornflakes/ fruit loops, tea or coffee). Although during the weekend they also made pancakes once and provided fruit bread as well. Close to BART/Amtrak station, but the walk is more like 15 mins and you have to either go through the Coliseum stadium car park or walk uphill on the motorway bridge and cross two very busy avenues. Also, the area is a bit scary when it's dark.

Basic clean hotel, but you get what you pay for. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Free airport shuttle. Lots of options to eat in the area (Denny's Diner, Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Burguer King, Taco Bell, etc).