Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West 1 stars

6.0

5.6

5.5

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Beautiful place for Transit traveller.

No Elevator. Wish eggs could be included in the breakfast

The Staff, from Shuttle Bus Driver, Front Office and House keeping staff, every one treated us very kindly.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE!
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dirty rooms, rusty water. Needed to use a bottle of water to brush my teeth. Smelled bad - would not be willing to take a shower there. Roaches. Did not give us receipts or check us out. Three of us in the lobby trying to get checked out all had horrible night No one slept. Dogs scratching at door 2:30 am. Many drunk men loud in parking lot at 3 am. Manager did not care.

NOTHING. Getting far away. No one should ever stay here.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

It wasn't that bad I've seen worse. It is an old building and could be updated. But for the price...
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I wanted a smokers room as I ordered but I was late checking in so they gave my room away and gave me a non smokers room. And the computer chair in the desk in the room needed to be thrown away and replaced. It was well stained.

It was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Won't be staying there or recommending this place.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The stairway smelled like mold. The hallway smelled like smoke. I am very sensitive to both of these smells. I had to leave my stay early due to these things. As i was checking out, the lady at the counter said she could move me to the first floor, but when i checked in, see told me there weren't any rooms available. I didn't have a privacy tag hanging on my door, which was disturbing.

Didn't go down to breakfast due to wanting to limit my amount of time in the halls and stairway.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Ok stay if you need to catch a flight the next morning.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Water had high iron... could see iron stains and after shower smelled like iron. Bathroom floor could have been much cleaner. Breakfast area could have been cleaner as well.

Shuttle to airport was convient and on time.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent and friendly staff made me feel at home away from home.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Days Inn in Elk Grove Village has a very friendly and attentive staff. The rooms are clean and I enjoy the continental breakfast as well as the free shuttle from the airport and back. Overall, for the value, I will be returning back when I am in Chicago on business.

Horrible
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

They charged me twice, tieing up funds I needed for the next hotel. Told me I could check in early for s fee then wouldn't let me.

Nothing. Do not stay here

The staff and room rate were good plus it was closed to a McDonald's!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you stay multiple days, they don't guarantee you shuttle service back to the hotel! Very inconvenient. Never heard of any hotel not picking you up and taking you back to the hotel if you're staying there! Didn't realize that this was hotel that still allowed smoking inside! The floor I was on reaked of smoked!

The shuttle drivers and front desk employees were very nice.

Free airport shuttle
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A) it smelled like mold in the hallways & room B) my toilet leaked water from the handle C) there was a long term resident there that appeared to be either drunk or high always making a scene D) the old fashion sheets/flooring E) the discoloration of the white towels provided F) the staff was always on personal calls on their cell phones I could go on and on however the drivers were very friendly..

Free airport shuttle

The hotel is close to the airport and relatively inexpensive. Not sure it's worth it though.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet in my room overflowed and water went everywhere. They unfortunately didn't have a maintenance person available that evening, and they didn't have a bathroom in the lobby, so I was without a bathroom for the night and the morning. When I checked out I had to use a bathroom in a room that someone else had just checked out of.

The staff were relatively friendly and helpful.

The stay was very adequate.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Leaving my power cord in the room.

The airport shuttle service was very nice. The van was brand new and the driver was very considerate and helpful. She knew her job and performed it very professionally. I did leave my Verizon, Android power cord in the room. #232. What do you suggest that I do to recover it?

The staff is good. The hotel gives you a bad feeling and the smell is dreadful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In this hotel there is a terrible smell, it starts immediately when you come in the hotel. Everything smelt it was awful.

I liked that the staff was helpful because they left me use the hotel’s phone

It was very close to a McDonalds
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No elevators, so if it you had more than one piece of luggage you were making two trips up the stairs. People were hanging out in the parking lot. Most importantly, it reeked of cigarette smoke everywhere!

It was very close to a McDonalds

Great place if you want to stay somewhere that’s an expensive. Staff was very friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Exercise room did not have A/C.

Very inexpensive and offered free shuttle to and from the airport. Also offered car parking for the week for a small fee.

The place is good for its price.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee pot was dirty. And the shower isn't very hot.

The place is good for its price. I booked a room for 50 so I wasn't expecting it to be too good. But it has everything it should have. The room was clean. And they provide free airport shuttle

Do not book this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entrance smelled of mold, the second floor of intense cigarette smoke. At breakfast, there were s few seats that people were eating standing up. My non - smoking bedroom smelled of smoke and I had to ask twice to be reassigned a new room. That new room was non - smoking however it had one bed with dirty sheets that had holes in them. Fortunately I was traveling alone, so I could change beds. I did not feel comfortable at all in my room. I will not return here again.

The shuttle to the airport was on time in the morning.

Just fine for an overnight stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator! The receptionist were not personable. Hallways smelled of smoke and looked dated. The fitted sheets kept slipping off the mattress. The mattresses looked old and stained, but was comfortable to sleep on.

Good price for one night stay. The room was big, but decor was old.

Only book here if you smoke! The smell is awful!
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The rooms smelled like smoke all the time! Would never have booked here if I knew this was ia smoking hotel! Thought those were a thing of the past. Agree with the above statement. Obviously, several people that lived here and partied in parking lot! Very noisy. Television reception was bad.

The lady shuttle driver was very helpful and nice. McDonalds was across from the parking lot.

I would NEVER stay here again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I know that I got this room for $50, but based on other reviews and pictures of the property I thought it was going to be ok, and worth $50. However, I would not pay $5 to stay there in the future. It was so dirty. Smelled so bad of smoke. The hallway that you have to enter to go to your room smelled like mold. I felt dirtier after showering in the bathroom. If you are broke and have to stay somewhere I guess this will do the trick, but I would never stay here again.

Ideal for a stopover between flights or onward travel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Much as you'd expect from an airport motel. So much cheaper than downtown and as I was only staying over after my flight but continuing by train next day it made sense. Free shuttle of course but (and obviously not their fault) no courtesy phone at the arrivals area so you need to phone. Very basic continental breakfast but again at this price more than enough. Wifi worked well so for my needs it was a perfect stay

What I needed for the night, clean and efficient.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dark location, not safe looking for a single woman. Only a McDonald's across the the street

Customer service. Made sure I got on the airport shuttle and where to get it. Also offered wake up call in the morning and gave breakfast snacks even thought the breakfast bar was not open as yet.

Great place for a one night stay before flying out.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not advertised that it was not free parking to leave your car at the property while away on a trip. Also, wish the shuttle was earlier as it cut us close to making it to the airport for our early flight. The walls and ceiling could use some repair as well. Being a hotel that provides shuttle service to the airport a breakfast in the morning for those early morning flights would be helpful as well. They did pull some things from the back for us but having the capability to the full morning breakfast would be nice.

I loved the location and the fact that it had a shuttle to the airport.

The food was good and it was clean and beds were comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That my reservation wasn't there and I kept getting lock out of my room and problems of how long we were suppose to stay even when I showed my reservation many time. The 📺 didn't work and no plug available to use.

Breakfast was fine

Terrible
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was a terrible experience the customer service was zero I was booked into a smoking room when I don't smoke and I had an infant wit respiratory issues and we got to our room at 11pm and they refused to change my room or even try n sort out the mix up I would never recommend this hotel bloody waste of space they are

False advertising.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

False advertising. The propety advertises pool and jacuzzi thats why i chose this place. When we got here they told us theres no pool or even jacuzzi. Very Poor service

Best personalized airport shuttle program I have ever seen!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not much within walking distance but heck its an airport hotel that is worth the money

There airport shuttle program was beyond excellent. The drivers were friendly, helpful, and right on time! After we checked ion we saw our shuttle driver and asked about local restaurants that we could walk to. He not only told us about a great place, he gave us a ride when he was leaving for another pick up

It worked for one night but I would not have stayed any longer.
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

We were given two warm complimentary bottles of water,and the refrigerator didn't work. My husband went down to get ice (from a cooler) and the ice bucket started leaking as it was cracked. He told the staff and was given a plastic bag to put around the bucket instead of a new bucket. The air conditioner did not cool the room. The halls smell old.

Everything seemed clean

Breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff took too much time to check us n. Her name was Maggi. She was talking to other customers, who came after us and kept us waiting.

Breakfast was good.

Very poor WIFI Connection
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WIFI is very very very bad and very slow not have signal inside the room. No elevator there. staff was not friendly and not helpful they can not understand English some times. The entire place smelled very bad.The sheets on the bed looked dirty they not changed it when we were checking.

Airport Shuttle is okay.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

It was awful, from the front desk, parking, room service,...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was awful, from the front desk, parking, room service, and room. To begin with I was charged twice for my room and was told I had to take care of it. The air hardly worked... the service desk was not helpful asked for extra towels told we were to late to get towels ..... parking couldn't find a spot had to wait 20 minutes. Would not be booking this ever again.

Sick and terrable experience!
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

smell terrable! Feel sick! Sleep without taking off my clothes. Feel like in hell. Only stay one night even though I booked two and there is no refund. I have to move to another hotel because I can't stand the sick room.

Family owned, good customer service, great airport shuttle...
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room furniture and linens need updating, glad I purchased at a discount. I wouldn't pay regular price for the room.

Family owned, good customer service, great airport shuttle staff! Clean bathroom n shower

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Horrible
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The front desk was terrible. No water. Drunks and drug atticks. Had to call the police. No sleep after driving 12 hours. Stayed 1 night had booked 5 . Waiting for Mgmt to call still nothing stayed there the 5 of may its now the 10 th of may. Also still waiting for a Refund.

Nothing. We had no water to take a shower. I had already been to the front desk to complain numerous times.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great value for money.
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

A working ice machine would have been nice! Also the tv guide showed cartoon channels for kids but none actually worked.

Fresh and plentiful breakfast. Great value for price, it was safe,clean,and wifi was strong. Friendly staff and decent shampoo/bar soap.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

The property is old and my room was not in the best shape.
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The property is old and my room was not in the best shape. The bathroom had pstches in the walls and no stopper for the tub. Having said that it was clran and comfortable and the staff was great.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Unfortunately the only thing that I enjoyed was the...
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The entire building smells like smoke. Rooms are incredibly dated. Mattresses are more than 10 years old and very cheap.

Unfortunately the only thing that I enjoyed was the McDonalds next to it.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

It served the purpose
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

There was dried up rice on the bedspread

Room was a little shabby

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Hotel smells like mildew
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was accused of taking towels because i checked out early

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Dirty, smelly,

Dirty, smelly,

It was disgusting!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean at all!! The whole place smelled musty and dirty.

I wouldnt ever stay agai

I woke up to at least 20 bites all over my body

I could smoke in my room

The fitness room was out of order

The fitness room was out of order

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need a remodel the place

Close to the airport

Breakfast was pretty naff

Close to the airport

Bedsheets was ditry with red stains on it.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bedsheets was ditry with red stains on it.

No good

Bad Odor In The Room and all the hotel

I will never visit this hotel again
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

The room smells and hallway. They charged me 3 times!!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

the shuttle is not 24 hours and had to pay $45 for a taxi, ...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the shuttle is not 24 hours and had to pay $45 for a taxi, the whole floor stunk of smoke, even though we were told we had a non smoking room

i like breakfast

The price

i like breakfast

Please spend more money on a better hotel. Although it’s cheap, it’s not worth of your money.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t feel safe in the hotel

The staff was ok.

Bad experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A place I wouldn't go back to

Nothing good about the place

Terrible
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. It was dirty. Smelled like mold. No room to park. Bad neighborhood.

4.4
    Sewerage smell from the water tap

Sewerage smell from the water tap

Seriously, the worst hotel stay in my whole life !!!

- Reception staff - Cleanliness - Room facilities

Hotel common area smells bad and the staff is not friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel common area smells bad and the staff is not friendly. I guess she is new to the job.

Good VFM , quite a long distance from City but somewhat closer to the airport. Courteous staff.

Not so clean rooms

Comfy beds

The location was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You get what you pay for

The location was great. Check in and check out were fast and easy.

Nothing much special
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No eggs in breakfast. I asked for non smoking room but they gave us smoking room

Nothing much special

A good night's sleep at Days Inn
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was clean. The beds were comfy.

Days inn Chicago
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Location as it is very near to international airport

terrible dirty place!
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the whole hotel smells like mold!!! the room was NOT clean: hair in the bath tab, dirty countertop, dirty sheets...

I liked friendly staff

• DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

This property is rundown & very old, needs to be rebuilt.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This property is rundown & very old, needs to be rebuilt. No elevator on this site. Very difficult for seniors like us.

It did the job

Pricey

Free transportation to and from the airport

I had to plug in all the lights water had to run for 10...

I had to plug in all the lights water had to run for 10 minuets before warm

It was in the area I wanted to be in a fair price.
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was shabby looking needs some minor repairs the walls and patches

It was in the area I wanted to be in a fair price.

Very dated and felt dirty.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dated and felt dirty.

Thank goodness we were in transit to our holiday destination
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The beds were uncomfortable and sinking

We were allowed to smoke in the room

It’s okay

Unfriendly staff

Close to the airport. Friendly shuttle drivers

Worse stay ever
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was horrible. The towels had stains on them. The water smelled of sulfur. The fitness room needs to be updated.

The t.v. on the wall

Good
    • DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The furniture is a bit old, the neighbors was a bit noisy, but otherwise

Perfect stuff and good for that money, good WiFi

We have stayed a few times and will come back

Staff were exceptional & airport transport so easy to organize . Great price

• DD1 Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Good place to stay for pre flight day.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Minutes from the Airport, good shuttle service.

Dirty outside grounds. Rats running around
    • NK1 King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast bar was horrible. No jard boiled eggs. Waffles in old convenience store monster case.