Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield 1.5 stars

296 Ethan Allen Highway (Rt 7), Ridgefield, CT 06877, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Ridgefield

For us, it's a convienient and reasonable place to stay to visit family.

The breakfast area needs improvement, Some of the bread items were stale (over a day old) and the waffle iron did not appear clean. Coffee is much better at the diner down the street. There were loose boards in the stairs to the second floor - exhaust fan in bath didn't work In short, outside maintenance is not a strong point

The room was clean and the bed comfortable.. the location , for us, was great., and the cost was low compared with others in the area.

Hits the spot for a fast stay

Not the kind of breakfast offerings I'd bother with.

Really big room and bed, pillows are small but you get a bunch of them. Very pleased with the spacious room. No smoking allowed in rooms, they mention a fee if you do. I like that.

I would have been more satisfied if I'd only paid half as much.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the staff were grumpy and spoke little English. Noises from room above us came through the floor. Entrance doors were dirty and ours was hard to shut in order to lock it.

Convenient. Nice bed & pillows. Heat lamp in bathroom. Adequate towels. Clean enough.

Very nice, comfortable stay.

The breakfast could be much better.

Very nice room. Quite comfortable, suite like room. Breakfast was a bit lackluster. Strictly continental breakfast, for the cost a full hot breakfast should be provided. Parking is great, very close to rooms and stairs. Staff at check in was outstanding, friendly and personable.

The location was close to the playhouse

The bed was worn, i didnt get the wifi password, the outside wasnt maintained, at 930a i was told breakfast was over, i opted to pay cash when i booked it and they charged my card anyway

The location was close to the playhouse

It did the job for the one night that it was necessary for me to stay in Ridgefield, CT.

The room was cold when I got there late at night. I found no extra blanket and turning on the heat was not intuitive. It didn't seem as if the room had been aired out in awhile. But, the bathroom was up to date, the room was sizable, there was decent lighting, and there was a desk that was useful for me. There was a flat screen TV that worked with plenty of channels. When I checked out (not sure I am actually checked out at this point) there was no clerk (5:30am). I rang the desk bell several times and did not raise the clerk - if there was actually one there. So, I left my key and left because I had to be some place at 6:00am. I don't have a receipt from my stay.

The location was convenient. I needed a bed for one night in Ridgefield. The bathroom was up to date, the room was sizable, there was decent lighting, and there was a desk that was useful for me. There was a flat screen TV that worked with plenty of channels.

The room was huge !

I arrived on a day that was roughly 25° and they hadn't turned on the heat in the room so it was ice cold for hours. The sheets were also covered in hair

The room was huge !

Inconvenient customer service

I was accidentally charged on my card not once, but twice when I payed cash. Staying there for only one night, two and a half hours from home was extremely inconvenient considering there was almost $200 taken out of my account. It takes 2-3 days to go back into my account. (I'm still waiting for the second charge to be refunded, now 6 days after my stay. I had to call the hotel and ask them about it.) The room was spacious, nothing special. Our fridge had food from previous people who stayed in our room. Considering Ridgefield has hardly anything around, didn't have much of a choice by booking a room here. If it wasn't for my card being charged twice, I'd have a much better review but unfortunately I don't.

Big room

beautiful and comfortable find in the Connecticut countryside.

minor sink plumbing issue though received repeated immediate attention from management. the site itself is beautiful and remote, which can be a factor in getting to and from local population centers. breakfast definitely can use some upgrading both in variety and amount of supplies.

very well laid out room with comfortable seating and work desk and desk chair as well as comfortable bed and variety of pillows. beautiful setting between two sloping New England hills at a bend in the road of fabled New England Rte. 7. Friendly management ready to kid around about challenging weather conditions, and respond to minor issues with room itself. Amazingly cheerful reception staff.

Nice motel but toilet would not flush.

My toilet stopped working and there was no coffee ready for breakfast

The lady who greeted me was very friendly and kind on check in. The room decor was very pretty.

We have stayed here before as it is close to Cross River. Definitely the least expensive option.

I hate it when the bottom sheets are not large enough to tuck in. It continually pulled out and away during the night. No tea in the room, or decaf coffee.

Nice owners. The hairdryer broke and they replaced it right away. The room is very large and clean. If you are visiting relatives and need a clean place to sleep, this is a good option. We will return, no doubt. Not fancy and updated, but fine for a night or two. Standard continental breakfast included.

The room was clean.

Our trip could have been longer...there was nothing at the hotel i did not like....

The room was clean. The staff were very friendly. We will be using this hotel when we travel to this area again.

Horrible service from management who refuses to own up to their employee's mistakes

Service! Might be some of the worst service I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Horrible service from beginning to end. Would not recommend. Front desk staff could care less if you enjoyed your stay or not. Messed up my booking multiple times and refused to own up to their mistakes. Always had an excuse and blamed someone or something else. Don't know how they stay in business treating people the way they do.

Did the job.

The rooms are very dated. There were some water stains on the ceiling. The pillows were super uncomfortable and the comforter was old. You get what you pay for so at this price point none of this surprised me.

Extra large room with seating. Clean. Good for one night stay.

Wanting Better

I had stains all over my towels brown ones it did not make me want to use them. The counters were dirty by the coffee pot still coffee stains from the last person. Then that night there was screaming and yelling both by my apt and the parking lot. Pounding and screaming and swearing it went on for an hour or so. There is no way hotel management did not hear this it was heated. I had to check the lock to make sure I was safe being a single travelor.

When you originally went in it looked nice and comfortable. The check in was easy and staff was nice.

I'd stay again

The bed was hard as a rock and the restaurant down below leaves a food smell throughout the rooms.

It was definitely a good deal for the price and they have a 24 hour desk for emergencies, like when you lost power in the summer late at night and need a place to stay quickly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Perfect Overnight Stay, Clean & New looking.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was excellent, beds were very comfortable, the linens and bedspread looked clean and new. The bathroom was excellent too, looked new. The air conditioning worked well. It was perfect for out over night stay. We did not eat the free continental breakfast, instead we drove a half mile down the road (east) to the Country Diner and had a large breakfast.

Adequate
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booking.com's rate - it dropped over $20 after I booked and. I was unable to change price. Breakfast was poorly supplied and once food was gone (2 yogurts) there was no resupplying.

I liked our room but the breakfast left much to be desired. I was particularly annoyed at Booking.com as the rates I was charged (the lowest available) ended up being much more expensive than if I had waited to book with them.

The room was neat and clean, everything was made up, and the...

Staff didn't seem too friendly; mostly indifferent.

The room was neat and clean, everything was made up, and the air conditioner, tv, and microwave worked well. Mini fridge was larger than in many other hotels.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Beautiful country setting

A few more options for breakfast, i.e. Bagels, peanut butter Add a power strip on night stand to allow for charging cellphones.

Very comfortable and spacious room

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Poor
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was relatively clean. however accommodations were extremely old and worn. Air conditioning remained off as it smelled musty. Complex was next to a dump or abandoned property but located in a very well to do area. No excuse for this.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Think twice before booking here.

Breakfast was poor, room was really dirty with sticky floors and counters, human hair on the towels and nats flying around the room.

Dirty hotel room. Website promotes a fitness center (very important to me) but the owner said it's not in service and unavailable.

Very nice accommodation at a fantastic price.

Continental breakfast ended at 9:00 on Sunday morning. :-(

The hotel is very basic, but the rooms (we had two) were very clean and roomy. There was a refrigerator and microwave in each one, free wifi, ample parking in front of the rooms, fitness room and iron/hairdryer/toiletries, etc. Nice hot shower with great water pressure. Pet friendly hotel, but zero pet odors! There is an Indian restaurant on site which had good reviews, but we didn't get a chance to dine there. Will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Reception staff was not at all welcoming and provided no...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception staff was not at all welcoming and provided no extra information about wifi or breakfast. Breakfast was minimal - we opted to spend our money elsewhere for a better breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Convenient location if going to a show at Ridgefield Playhose, BUT....
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hard bed; door to room had to be pulled multiple times to close. Stale bread in continental breakfast. Much of parking lot with icy patches due to improper snow cleaning.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great place. Good value.

No issues.

Nice property. Older two-story, outdoor entrances-only style but upkeep is great. Beautiful rural setting too. Booked a king room. Got a whole kitchen and sitting area too.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Find another spot
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was filthy Old water bottles Used McDonald's cup Bathroom was full of hair and had 2 used soaps in shower Sheets were not changed although beds were made

This was in.a pretty central area to the things we were doing It's only advantage

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Best two night stay for the $$$$...ever! Go there. You won't be disappointed.

Cannot think of one thing.....maybe better coffee (but Starbucks was a stone's throw away)

large, well appointed, clean and quiet room. The bed was beyond comfy and I slept better than I have in other facilities. All around....GREAT!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

One the best values in hotels I ever found

The food at Thalia, the hotel restaurant is great and the cozy bar mixes up a great mojito. If Indian cuisine is not for you, there's a great selection of restaurants within ten minutes. Alex and Victoria were great hosts and the place has been refreshed and really looks nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

I don't necessarily blame the inn for this but my...

I don't necessarily blame the inn for this but my boyfriend got bit by a spider while we were there. An unfortunate experience. The room and bedding were very clean. Overall tho we had a good stay.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

OK for couple hours but I wouldn't stay there for a couple of days

Ice machine is only one all way any other side of the building. The room had some kind of smell. Toilet tanks leaked when you flushed it. It was the most Hottest in humidity day of the year the air conditioners barely work. They told me there was a back entrance could not find it went back to the front to get to the second floor. Pepsi machine did not work.

When we originally went there there was this nice room with the living room couch a little nicer bathroom and a kitchen set up. The second time we went there it was deftly a downgrade.

Terrible

The hospitality could have been in bed a little better

I didn't stay there on the 1st I stayed there on the 16th

Comfortable beds and very clean.

The “breakfast” was terrible.

The beds were comfortable and the room was spotless.

Just passing through
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean with nice staff. Easy check in and check out

Desent

2 everything

Property and service not as high as expected

Property and service not as high as expected

disappointing.

So dirty. Bugs everywhere. Avoid at all costs. Not maintained at all.

Itv was a move place for a quick stay.

The view out the window! Nothing good for breakfast

Ez access

Ez access

We stayed for one night while going to a gig in Ridgefield.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed for one night while going to a gig in Ridgefield. Clean Hotel/Motel to stay in. Easy access to everything! We'd choose it again!

I would not recommend this hotel.

The "breakfast' was the worst I have ever seen....ever. You should be thoroughly embarrassed.

Ok.

Breakfast was poor. Coffee very weak. Selection was sparce.

Room was dated but adequate.

Bed was extremely comfortable.

No negatives at all!

Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was friendly, courteous, and professional.

Needed a bed for the night at an inexpensive rate. This fit the bill.

Orange Juice was orange colored water. Waffle batter was watery.

super clean and convenient. we will be returning!

had some trouble getting hot water in shower

Staff took extra care to ensure our stay was wonderful. Loved the small, comfortable environment

The stairs to the room were icy with no treads and there is...

The stairs to the room were icy with no treads and there is no elevator option

Place was quite, clean.

Place was quite, clean.

Nice place just to sleep over.

I used to wait 20 minutes at check in because staff was sleeping! Breakfast is so cheap and useless..

Size of the room, clean.

Our whole experience was so positive and the location absolutely ideal.

I admit I do not like styrofoam cups and that was all that was available.

You can actually make your own waffles!

Quick check in

Wouldn’t stay in any Days Inn again.

Terrible breakfast. Dirty rooms. Blocked toilet.

The eggs were hard boiled and the beds were clean

The eggs were hard boiled and the beds were clean

Very Dirty, my comforter had a stain.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very Dirty, my comforter had a stain. My towel had a stain, the doors had dirt all over them and the room smelled

Fair enough, can get same price with other hotels with added amenities
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy beside our room, small space for breakfast, unpresetable laundry room

Nature view and quiet

Not good!

Cockaroaches ruined the whole experience!

Accomodating staff; beautiful area

Arrived later in the evening.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Arrived later in the evening. Front Desk lady, we SO NICE and WELCOMING.

Convenient stop

Staff not particularly welcoming. Minimal breakfast

Very clean and comfortable

So so in Ridgefield.

It was acceptable.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

excellent large room (45□mts) king size bed

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Very Nice

Towels, not enough, they are not that full, need more in the room

Convenient for what I was doing in CT.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Not going back.

Hair and dirty linens.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

We had a good short stay in Ridgefield. Would do it again.

I wasn't cold but would have liked a heavier blanket.

Plenty of space in the room

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Clean and convenient. Very reasonable.

The man behind the desk was very abrupt, almost rude to me when I was attempting to check in.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

New decor in room

New decor in room

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Room did not have any Kleenex, and there was no coffee at...

Room did not have any Kleenex, and there was no coffee at 9:00 am in breakfast room.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Room was very spacious, like a suite

heat unit too noisy, sounded like a jet engine reving for take off when it came on

Room was very spacious, like a suite

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Pool too small

Pool too small

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Friendly staff, quick check in and check out.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Corridors and communal areas a bit tired and dated

Friendly staff, quick check in and check out. Good breakfast and facilities

I'll be back!

Clean,quiet,big rooms,economical,friendly

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Very clean well equipped rooms

The bed was like a rock and very uncomfortable

Very clean well equipped rooms

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very convenient location, clean and comfortable

It has improved a lot.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Another nice wkd in Ridgefield.

Just a great location in a quiet part of town.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Mold in shower and on bathroom seat.

Mold in shower and on bathroom seat. Step down from eating area, which was deep, was not well marked. My wife fell stepping down it.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Do you know the way to Ridgefield Playhouse

the eggs were hard were hard boiled

the eggs were hard boiled

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

The location was 5 miles from my cousin's house.

The refrigerator was unplugged, a minor problem.

The location was 5 miles from my cousin's house. Which was very convenient. The staff (part owner) did everything to make us comfortable. The heat was excellent, quite clean.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield traveller photo gallery