Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Rockford 1.5 stars

220 South Lyford, Rockford, IL 61108, United States of America

#16 of 23 hotels in Rockford

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was an older facility.My bathroom was not cleaned and the maid argued with me. They did not want to change my linen on the 2nd day.

5he rates that's it

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast choices weren't good for people with limits, but quite adequate. I'd recommend adding instant oatmeal to the choices.

The bed was comfy & clean; the room clean & spacious. The always available coffee was the BEST!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All vending was out of order!

Under renovation - rooms were very nice for the price. Exterior rough but seems to be in progress. Staff was courteous and friendly.

The room was small and the bathroom smaller. I did not like that the sink was in the actual room and not the bathroom. Our key card would not work in the outside door. We had to walk around to the main doors for entry.

We did not eat breakfast here. It was toward the end of the breakfast time and there was really nothing there-only had coffee. The bed was comfortable. I like that there was no carpeting in the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room had strong odor to it. Had to turn on AC and leave so it could air out enough not to bother my wife's asthma. Dead bugs in the tub, stains on bedspread, paint drippings everywhere, gobs of plumber tape wrapped around the fixtures in bathroom to keep them from leaking. Would have left but got into town really late.Was told at checkout that room had just been remodeled by corporate, wow!

The person at the desk when checking out was nice.

Cleanliness.There were ants in the bed, and I was bitten on my eyebrow during the night. Carpets were dirty .

Not much, There were ants in the bed, and I was bitten on my eyebrow during the night. I asked for a refund and they would not give back.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property across the street is being demolished and that gave your hotel an overall dark and dirty vibe. Our room was clean. The carpet in the hallways looked pretty gross.

The staff was very friendly and did their best to accommodate us. The coffee and breakfast we're good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was completely rundown, old and dirty, the air conditioner didn’t work, the bed was uncomfortable, and there was a piece of wood with nails underneath the bed. A nightmare.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The furniture in the lobby is old and stained. The carpet in the hallways needs replaced and the wall paper needs refreshed. There wasn't a pool or work out room to fill our time.

The bed and pillows were fine. Love the wood flooring. Turning on the air conditioner was hilarious. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not thoroughly clean in bathroom. Breakfast area very small and crowded. Very outdated. Visible quick fixes to water problems. Very cold could not get wall heater to work.

Location. Right price for value.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

could here the owner arguing with customers in the morning. could here every little noise from other rooms and hall ways. heat/air conditioner didn't work

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tv didn't work....was under the impression,from the web site,that it was a park and fly...it wasent..no big deal...got a ride using Uber.

Very clean..nice place to park my car while gone...friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Renovations going on.. smell of paint in the air!

Cheap inexpensive hotel... Good price for 2 night stay!.. Cleaning staff did come in an clean up... gave us fresh towels!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very noisy late in the night. also kind of chilly.

the staff had an angry visitor and handled it very well considering it was the desk clerks first day.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard. The chair had dog hair on it. The cleaning people left a cleaning rag on the sink counter. The outside had trash and litter (cans, bags , ie chips, food, wrappers and similar items) along the outside of the parking area.

The breakfast was good. It was what I expected. I liked the beverage bar was always available.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Hotel charged an extra $10 per room JUST to "allow" a fifth adult, when in fact there is no extra space for the fifth person to sleep? Heaters were broken in two checked rooms. Cold rooms, strong smell of smoke, lights that don't work, all rolled out on a dirty carpet.

Just the price. I wouldn't come back if I was given a free week.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Included "breakfast" is pretty scarce. Rooms weren't ready for several hours after scheduled check-in time. Out of the four rooms, heaters didn't work in two of them. No mini fridges or microwaves in 3 rooms. Remotes had no batteries in 3 rooms. Room was sold, and extra paid, for 5 people, but was only a 4 person room, so that was wasted money. Carpets weren't vacuumed. Even non-smoking room smelled of stale cigarettes.

Affordable, was decently priced. Not to far away from the city area. Just off the I.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

A bit dated; the only two food-facilities within walking distance close at 9pm, i.e. if you arrive past that time you'll go hungry :-(

Easy access from Interstate & great parking facility for my larger vehicle; friendly staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a microwave at breakfast area.I might have missed it?

Nice greeting and smooth check-in. Located close to highway for easy traveling. Convenient to Cracker Barrel restaurant. Nice clean room, great bed. Everything worked as it should. Enjoyed a nice breakfast.

Location seemed pretty run down. Room pretty run down. Staples holding the bathroom wallpaper up. Hallways on main floor (we were on the second) had extension cords strung up to run electricity to other rooms. Seemed like people we living there long term.

Staff was fine. Parking fine. It was cheap and we had no problems so it was fine.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast was pretty limited, both in selection and a place to sit. I had to return later on two different days, because there was no room to sit down.

The room was cheap and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The 1st room toilet stopped flushing then it literally shattered after I sat on it. Then the floor flooded. Also the air conditioner stopped working . 2nd room, the deadbolt wouldn't latch & the 1st bed leaned to one side pretty hard. 3rd room my daughter washed her face in the sink. It was stopped up. The sink stayed stopped up. We had to brush our teeth & wash our faces in the bathtub!!! I still haven't gotten a call from the manager, that had already been informed about the whole horrible situation!!! DON'T BOOK THE DAYS INN!!! 😡

The t.v. size

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room smelled of smoke and had damage from cigarettes and we were not told it was a smoking room. It was small and dirty. The bathroom had cracked tile, looked dingy and dirty. The room felt outdated. The bed had hair on the sheets. The carpet was badly stained and not vacuumed in the corners. I actually ended up sleeping in the car. The staff was polite, but didn't offer information about breakfast or anything else. Checked out early in the morning. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

I felt very uncomfortable with the dirtiness of the common areas. The room was in better shape. They need to make some major updating to the building. Very disappointing for a Days Inn

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the other people staying there were rude at breakfast time.

The place was clean but had a smell like cat urine..couldn't figure out where it was coming from.wasnt sure if it was from the air unit or a cleaning agent they used.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't get the room /beds we booked. Bathroom was dirty. Beds hard and itchy, all 3 of us were bitten by something in beds. Outlets didn't work so we couldn't charge anything overnight. Someone slammed their door about 12 times at about 3am. Door had to be slammed shut to latch. Needs serious update. So pretty much everything.

That is shows two beds when booking for 3 ppl and was only one bed

They up graded us to two beds because the room only had one but showed two when booking

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was with my 15 yr old son and 2 yr old granddaughter and I almost left to find another hotel. I did not feel safe. The staff was outside smoking when we got there snd the entrance was not well lit. Also the floors being laminate made it feel cheap. I found a sock behind the lamp and the corners of the room were dirty like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I would never stay there again. For the second night of our stay I got a room sat a different hotel.

I liked the shampoo and conditioner

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean upon arrival and had to request that it be cleaned. Front entry doors are not handicap accessible, one door is not wide enough for a handicap 4 leg walker to get thru without turning it sideways and having much difficulty then getting myself inside the building. It would be a disaster if there were a emergency and the building had to be evacuated quickly. The hotel has three levels of cleaning I was told by the manager and the booking I paid for thru Booking.com did not include daily cleaning, linen changing, or restocking supplies, I ran out of toilet paper. It should have been made clear by this site before booking or before I arrived to check in. The sheets had large stains as well as the towels and there were hairs in the tub. The floor had something smeared & dried on it. The second day when I requested that it be cleaned the cleaning persons did not understand English after I requested clean bedding 3 times I had to find the site manager to request a cleaning.

pet was allowed, friendly staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was the smell of smoke in the entryway near my room, and the door to the hall from outside did not usually lock without help.

The breakfast was good.

• Queen Room - Smoking

When we arrived at about 5:30pm the room they gave us was not even cleaned from the previous guests. They did give us another room. It was dirty and smelled funny. But we were only staying for the night so we just sucked it up.

We had no complaints

The desk clerk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area when we asked for directions to the mall. She also helped me connect my iPad to the internet. She was very patient and courteous.

Other than Bonita, the arrival clerk, the Sunday morning staff was surly, answered in momosyllables and did not really help figuring out where food items were. The stair carpeting was very soiled and the stair railings felt soiled too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needs updating. Would prefer smoke free building. Need larger breakfast area. Need better security to main stair area by front desk.

Value priced. Friendly staff. Easy to get to from freeway.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Not very accessible for handicap people. Very bad ramp and stairs in the hallway. Tiolet seat needs repair.

Hotel manager Donnita and Heather were helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to run out quickly and there was no option of anything quick to go with coffee, ie a muffin or danish. Limited areas to hang out if not in your room.

Close to bus station and highway.

The bed was hard and the springs were squeaky so any time one of us moved the other was disturbed by the noise. The door leading out to the hall had a 2 inch gap under it so we could hear everything. There were kids running up and down the hall yelling until 11pm along with their parents telling them to knock it off. And the walls were so thin, we could hear the people in the room next to use using the bathroom. Ackward.

The room had just been remodeled so it was beautiful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Facility under construction- which it was in need of in several areas. Staff had informed us at time of arrival.

Staff very accommodating and friendly. Facility was very convenient off freeway. Quiet. No problems with also having medium sized dog which we were traveling with. Open space next to motel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee maker was broke and leaked water everywhere and the heater/air conditioner did not work. When my husband told the front desk the response was that maintenance should have told her. There was no apology at all.

The hotel is near the interstate and isnt too expensive.

• Queen Room - Smoking

We stayed in a smoking room which was clean. The only bad thing was that the bathtub stopper didnt work. Other than that the room was a good buy for the money.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property could use some updates. Bathrooms are very small but are nice and clean. Doors from outside were not security doors.

Rooms were clean,staff friendly and helpful> Breakfast was standard for this type of property. All in all good property and great location for our purposes.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom too small, could barely close door. Bedspread had large stain on it. Not appealing room. Room 143. Horrible breakfast-waffles tasted bad, eggs were cold, yogurt was not available, juice machine didn't work correctly, could not find syrup, all paper plates and plastic utensils. Not a good experience.

• Queen Room - Smoking

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

Didn't have breakfast. The bed was really comfy. I slept so good, the night through, which I rarely do nowadays.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Queen Room - Smoking

Old is one thing, filthy is another. We were in a smoking room that not only reeked but had stains, on the carpet, burn holes in the bedding and sheets were also stained. Phones were so dirty and grimmy, along with the light switches and the windows. Also bathroom floor looked like it had not been mopped. The smoke was so thick in the room that the wallpaper was stained and peeling off the walls. I would never recommend anyone stay here. STAY AWAY.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

The gal at the desk, I think her name was Jaci, was just great! Very friendly and nice. Also, the continental breakfast was wonderful! I've never ever had those miniature omelets before, they were delicious!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Just not what I expected. The room was dark even with ALL the lights on. Toilet was dirty. Way to much room freshener.

The front desk clerk (Aaron) was super nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I needed to change my reservation but couldn't. Was disturbed late night with loud talking and slamming doors first night. Second night loud talk right outside my door. Someone giving loud dog commands and telling someone the history of their dog's illness@ 12:45am

The location was near countless stores for shopping and eateries.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a stain on our bee spread. The room was really really small and the whole olace smelled like smoke and soap.

Staff was super nice and took care of stuff right away. It had a pretty good location and we overall enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

2 pillows that we're practically falling apart. I sat on the corner of the bed and it felt broken. I woke up in pain. I didn't realize I was getting a smoking room, it smelled terrible. There were about 20 large burns in the carpet.

• Queen Room - Smoking

No refrigerator or microwave wasn't the cleanest ..toilet didn't work right. And it was very noisy..people moving around and talking all night

Location and that there was an iron and ironing board

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet is often mentioned as dirty and it is, but the room carpeting was almost new. Other people metioned the fact that the lit up sign outside doesn't say anything but jumbled letters. Get rid of the sign if you can't fix it. It's a distraction and looks the the place is not as good as it is.

Everything was great. The staff was friendly. The room was wonderful. We walked in and the room was nice and cool -- so neat. The place was clean. the bathroom worked and was newish. I can't think of anything that I didn't loike.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Incredibly small bathroom! Holes in the wall where they relocated the shower curtain rod!

Clean, decent breakfast menu,nice staff, free newspaper.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice and quit peaceful rest

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was dirty and run down

Hard wood floors are great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mold in the bathroom area, noisey

Pillows hard or lumpy. Mattress old. Breakfast without any juices. AC not working properly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smelled like paint. not sure if from the construction or the room had been painted recently.

It was quiet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Easy to book and find and had no issues with booking

Nothing 👍

👏👌👍😜

• Queen Room - Smoking

The night clerk that helped me when I first checked in was incredibly helpful and sweet. I give her 10 thumbs up

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

for the money, it was fine

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed a bit hard. Eggs were not good. Cleaning odor in room was a bit strong. You could hear through bathroom walls.

Waffles were fine.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough blankets for the bed. It was coooold.

Room was very nicely decorated.

Everything else

Staff

• Queen Room - Smoking

Breakfast area was poor, Toaster was broken. Breakfast felt like an afterthought to staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had trouble figuring out how to work the air conditioner. Bed was ok.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small but very clean with every thing I needed

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Turning on heat was little confusing.

The lobby was inviting as well as the rest of the hotel. Friendly staff check and check out.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bathroom fan was terribly loud.

Could use some updating

Clean room, friendly staff, basic breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were flat. WiFi didn’t work great in my room.

It was close to shopping centers and places to eat.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very outdated. Breakfast minimal.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needs a serious updating. Old, dirty. Very disappointed.

Friendly staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a mildew smell in the bathroom

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Rockford traveller photo gallery