Reviews of Key Inn Roseville 2 stars

2550 Cleveland Ave North, Roseville, MN 55113, USA

#10 of 11 hotels in Roseville

5.9

Clean the rooms there were old pop bottles the towels had hairs on them total disgusting

The place is nasty as all out doors public restrooms a truck stops are more cleaner then this place they have the nerve to ask for a deposit I should have ask for half my money back this place was nasty the restroom smelled like an urinal so the whole room did

The disparities between what the hotel would charge and what I paid on line was twice as much (cheaper if I booked with hotel - so terrible experience, I’ll alwaus check with hotel first now)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Doors falling off hinges, massive police presence, and housekeeping staff that we overheard talking about where to get their next fix while cleaning rooms.

It's inexpensive.

I reserved a king size bed, but got a queen size, and didn't find out until I was at my room. The card-access door lock didn't work properly, and I had to make at least 8-10 attempts each time I entered my room. The carpets were dirty and stained. The shower was dirty, and the drain clogged as soon as I started a shower, and took 2hours to get fixed. The guest laundry machines and soap dispenser we're all broken. A blizzard made the parking lot a message, but the staff didn't even bother to try shoveling the snow away from the main entrance of the motel.

I think the bedsheets were clean.

This was my worst experience ever in any hotel, the water pressure in the entire hotel seemingly has no pressure whereas the water just drips out, we turned the bath tub on and a bunch of black dirt came out of a clogged tub so we couldn't bath or shower the toilet was also clogged and the water was brown so the hotel has plumbing issues, the heat didn't work the room was freezing,the carpet in the rooms and Halls are worn and dingy, the beds have stains on them the pillows we're trash and very thin the bedding made you feel as if something was crawling on you my partner even killed a bed bug and upon looking under the bed we found little red bugs and was up all night couldn't sleep we told front desk they said they can't do anything until house keeping comes in the morning. Very run down poorly kept hotel and the staff here at the Key inn in Roseville are very disrespectful and treat you like garbage upon getting my receipt for the stay we were told by a front desk staff by the name of Dalene that the hotel staff has received our review and the hotel would not like us to stay here any longer and that because I wrote a review of my experience at the Key Inn in Roseville MN the hotel furthermore cancelled our booking and kicked us out of the hotel refunded no money and said we can't stay or book here in the future because of my review. I said I have a freedom of speech I can share any experience and was told I had to be out and leave by check out!!

I did not like anything!! This was most definitely my worst and last experience at the Key Inn. Also I was kicked out of the hotel for writing a review!

Mostly the staff was rude and are arrogant, the rooms are dirty,no water pressure, the hotel does not consider or adhere to guest needs this is a slum hotel that just wants guest money and the hotel manager is very rude and disrespectful all employees seem racist.

It was quiet

Hard to get to and from if you have no car Too pricey - but I can understand the high prices considering Superbowl week - they could have charged twice and it would still be full

I did not have many choices since it was superbowl time. It was far from the city and from the bus station so I had to walk at night in the snow - but for me it was an adventure - better for someone with transportation. Also lots of places to eat nearby (important when you are hungry in 11pm and it is minus 20 outside...) Staff was fantastic - helpful in every way - explained everything I asked for - helped me find tranportation, let me eat breakfast after formal times - just really kind and helpful - although fully booked and seems like not used to that they really did their best to make me and, so it seemed, other guests happy - Thank you!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was disappointing at best. All I had was an English Muffin. The TV in my room had about 10 channels although the channel guide on the nightstand listed at least 30. There were no cable news channels, no sports channels, no local news channels. OWN was available which just thrilled me.

The bed was roomy and comfortable.

The pillow cases and towels had stains on them. Don t think they were changed after last guest. There was a fight two doors down and I had to call dispatch for police to come. They do weekly rentals and had I known that I would not have made the reservation here.

Check in gal was very professional and nice.

The elevator smelled like smoke/weed. The building has an old feel to it. The hotel was cheap, so you get what you pay for, which can be a good or bad thing.

The first room we were assigned was not cleaned at all. Someone had slept in the bed, so the covers were untidy and pillows used. The heater/AC had its entire front panel removed. However, when we went down and complained to the main desk employee, he was cordial and gave us a new room. The new room was much better and prepared to welcome new guests.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cleanliness was slipshod, with the coffee maker and radio unplugged. The plumbing was poor: the tub didn't drain, the toilet ran and the faucet dripped. The heater was temperamental, sometimes blowing hot, then cold. Refrigerator smelled sour, and in room coffee was bad. It was obviously a hotel that allowed smoking, as the halls smelled and the sink in our room had cigarette burns. However, our non-smoking room didn't smell smoky.

The location was good, and we didn't need to be there long, so I chose a lower price hotel. The desk staff was personable and responsive when we pointed out problems. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was adequate.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It really needs a facelift. The bathroom in room 215 was probably the most disgusting I've ever encountered.

Noor (staff member) he was great. The staff was great. The facilities not so much

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I put down a $100 cash deposit and they said they smell smoke in the room and wouldn’t give it back even though we didn’t smoke in the room!! They wouldn’t ever come up with us to see or talk about it they just said no. Also there were previous cig marks along bathtub and we do smoke but it was freezing outside so we st in our car and smoked then went back in- that’s the only thing that could have caused it and that is not smoking in the room nor did they ever justify taking my money like that! He was very rude(day staff) and just from the start wasn’t going to give it back. He was arguing with another customer as well and I think this is something they do often. That money was not something I could afford to loose and I’m very upset I couldn’t get my son for the wknd. And he has special needs and was very excited. I’m very upset and want my money! The place smelled like cigarettes when we got there!! It’s not very clean or nice place to begin with and def not worth 160 a night!! 60 plus deposit!

Pretty much everything. The towels were stained. The sink was broken. The floor reeked of urine. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the sheets had black hairs on them. The room was antiquated.

The staff was incredibly friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

this place was trash and this inn seem to be more for people to live in not a good get away, and the staff was not up to standard there were people standing by elevator and our room i could not get comfortable, i would not recommend this to anyone.

next door to thrift store

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The towels, Clean Yes! But Soft they are Not. The only elevator is slow. And depending where your room is Wi-Fi(free)is hit or miss. The pillows were either to frim or clumpy.,TV in room are older Flat couldn't even hook up my roku ,also didn't help that during my stay they were having cable issues.

Priced right, easy check in process. Very friendly staff. Pet friendly. And if you decide to extend your stay, they like that even more and make that even easier. Most Neighbors/other guest are middle-aged mostly in town for work.

Wireless internet connection failed to stay connected. Every 7-10 minutes poor signal and connectivity caused internet access to go out.

Good location and housekeeping staff.

This facility is horrible and should be avoided at all costs. The A/C didn't work, light switches did not function, the entire place, which advertises as non-smoking - smells of smoke. It is in everything and they absolutely DO NOT enforce the non-smoking rules.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room wan dirty. The sheets were stained with dirt. The shower looked filthy. The room they "upgraded" us to smelled like smoke even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room. In fact the entire floor smelled. It was obvious people were smoking in their rooms. Also there were people just loitering outside the entrance that were definitely not patrons and should not have been there. There was cars left in the parking lot that should have been in a junk yard. One was missing a tire and was clearly not drivable. The bed was old and uncomfortable. This has got to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at! Had I not been so tired from my early drive up to St. Paul I would have not even stayed. We could not check out quick enough in he morning! I cannot express how disgusting this place is. The calculated rating is 2.5. I would give this place a negative rating if I could!

The only thing that was good about Key Inn is that it was close to an event we were attending

Bed was not comfortable. Sheets sub par. Television did not work properly. Hot water did not come out of the sink, only the shower. Overall not a good value for $109.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Second day i came back the room was very clean. But someone had used my shower while i was gone. Must have been a laborer as tub was dirty and full of sand??? I could not use it. I had a two night stay. Strange situation one i have never seen before. Strange as room was spotless new towels but tub wass full of sand and dirt. 🤐

Police car with lights on in the parking lot. Odd assortment of young men in the small and dim lobby. Dirty carpet throughout. Confusion about our reservation, even though I had the confirmation papers printed. Dirty carpet in room. Light switches in room and bathroom not working. Smelled like smoke even though room was supposed to be "non-smoking". Did not spend any more time than necessary here and skipped the "breakfast". Glad to be heading home. The smell of smoke lingered on our clothes and bags. Never again.

Very little. We just needed a place to sleep after having driven 16 hours the day of the eclipse. The woman working the desk in the morning was helpful. The location was convenient, but that was about it as far as positive things I can say.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

it says no smoking but the place smells smoke throughout and there are cigarette butts in the elevator. shower head is low and flow is also very low and doesn't change when you rotate shower head. soap is so thin it breaks to pieces when you try to get it out of the wrap. room is small, no leg space. room keys don't work sometimes, you go to front desk and get them reset.

staff are friendly, location is good and parking is available.

I would actually rate this lower than what booking.com "calculated " based on faces. Elevator was questionable and we were on 3rd floor, was a non smoking room but you could smell stale smoke and "other" aromas throughout the building and I have a child with allergies and asthma, sheets were questionable, food at continental breakfast was only so-so not real clean hotel overall and only staff person that seemed like they cared to be there was last person I dealt with which was at checkout. Would pay a little more next time in area for a place theat seems to keep up the rooms and has more satisfied staff members.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There beds was not made some towns was used bathroom are small ummm there was no phone in the room to call the front desk or no way to call to order food

Rooms was nice felt comfortable

Both the bathtub and shower curtain were dirty, there were also two towels that were used and put back on the shelf, like someone wiped off food or something off of their hands. Gross!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

There was no coffee maker in the room. The police were knocking on my door about 9am, looking for someone with my first name. I mentioned it to the front desk lady, and she made an offhand remark about me being "on the lam". I am not a criminal, and I am not happy.

They still offer smoking rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was some strange old man walking around the outside of the building in middle of the night...kinda weird Even tho he didnt approach my family still did not seem as tho he was jus out for a walk...

The night staff...specifically a middle eastern? male was very nice welcoming...actually cared if we were comfortable....as him n my friend were talkin she mentioned she had a toothache.he was so curtious askin if she needed anything and showed my friend to the ice machine...very nice gentleman...

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Some lamps in the room didn't work. The Heater/AC in the room had no case/cover. They decorated the lobby in Halloween theme, which made it looked horrible and messy. The bedsheets looks old and dirty. Breakfast closed at 9.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were very hard the rooms were small they need a smoking area besides the front door lots of people were standing outside smoking didn't look very welcoming

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

from the minute we checked in we should have checked out. The hotel staff was rude. The room was run down and absolutely filthy. They hadn't even bothered to empty the garbages from the last guest. We slept on top of the bed in our sleeping bags because the sheets and comforter were dirty. The bedspread had cigarette burns on it. Even the ice was dirty! We tried to find another place to stay but everything was booked up I asked to speak to a manager and they said there was not one available. The whole third floor smelled like marijuana, and when I complained about it they acted like it was no big deal. I had small children with me. Would not stay here ever again if you paid me!! Terrible hotel!!

The closeness of the door from parking lot. that was literally all we liked.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Standard definition on HD TV. Pictures looked like comforters were avilable. Not much protein available with breakfast. Plumbing issue that was addressed slowly. No bathroom exhaust fan.Few 24hr meal options nearby

Friendly staff, quick to help with key issues. Flat panel TVs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Towels weren't clean (Found stains on them). Outside room, corridors gave bad smell. Breakfast was terrible (Not much choice to eat). Waffle machine wasn't working, milk machine was out of order, toaster had one side broken.

Room was clean. Appropriately lit. The heating/cooling unit worked alright. TV was working too. Got a safe in room too for keeping important documents secure.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

staff at breakfast wasn't helpful... she was too busy visiting to help. our room smelled dirty but appeared clean. the carpet maybe. toilet paper was on roll backwards.

I liked the price and it was very easy to find. breakfast was ok and coffee was good. would've been nice to have a cover that you could sip coffee.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's super old and outdated, things are stained and broken, the outlets aren't all functioning. Just hasnt been updated over the years.

Staff was friendly and fun, location is great and price is cheap!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was hot and humid in the hotel, bathroom sink didn't drain, TINY bathroom, burn holes in bedding and carpet, noise/yelling in hallway, shouting call 911.

The staff was very friendly, especially the morning lady.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like anything about this motel it was dirty and smelly.

I didn't like nothing about this motel it was disgusting and I will never stay there ever again.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very dated. Sheets had holes in them. Bottom sheet was torn, upper sheet had burn holes. Due to State Fair the hotel was slammed so breakfast was wiped out. Better planning would have been helpful.

The clerk when I checked in was helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel needs updating to eliminate some of the lack of cleanliness and the smell of a well-used, old building.

The location to access the MN State Fair and Rosedale Shopping Center is perfect. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the cost is manageable for most any traveler.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel smelled very dank and maybe like old carpet from back when smoking in hotels was acceptable. We had to keep our room very cold in order for it not to stink. It should have been a lot cheaper, but I guess they charge extra for the "scent."

The bed was comfortable. The room was mostly clean, albeit rundown.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The upkeep was lacking. Some peeling wallpaper in the bathroom; the kleenex holder was rusting. The handle on one of the in-room chairs was broken.

The sheets & towels were clean and stark white. I walked barefoot and my feet hardly got dirty meaning the carpet was clean. The staff was friendly; beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

the elevator was too slow. Also the $50 early check-in fee for wanting to check-in between 2pm-3pm. The coffee in the continental breakfast was pretty weak. that's it..

the dude at check in and check out was VERY nice and respectable. Easy access to and from interstate 35w. There were a few nice restraunts to choose from near by. that's it..

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I went to check in, the front desk clerk was very unhappy with Booking.com because you showed the reservation being made on 8/21 for a stay starting 8/20. The hotel was oversold & the clerk did not appreciate how Booking.com reported the reservation to them & took it out on us.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our TV didn't work and the staff was not interested in helping. The room locks on the door barely worked. Had to physically push the door to get it open. Hotel offers breakfast and my husband spent 10 minutes trying to help the hotel worker unfreeze the milk and the hotel worker pulled the food away from him in trying to close out breakfast. Lobby and elevator smelled musty.

The price was good.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed sheets to be changed every three days apart.

Everything was fine except we could not get portable microwave oven in our room to warn up kids food.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Bathroom was quite small. I am a large person and I felt the tub and toilet area was quite a tight squeeze. Would have liked more variety for breakfast. Hot foods would be nice.

Room was clean, comfortable bed. We also had a very nice flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The big pot hole in the driveway.

The Rose's and landscaping, it's looks nice. It's pleasant sitting outside.

Air conditioner didn't work in our first room. Second one wasn't much better.

Needs some updates.

Reasonably priced.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They said they would have breakfast but didn’t have anything

Smell like cigarettes

Peaceful and comfortable

One of the worse hotels

Dirty

Everything it was dirty there was blood on the sheets

Need to be Clean, clean and change bed sheet n pillow cover gross!!

Nothing I like about this place

Carpet in the room was bad.

The. Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful

Minus the pool. There was nothing to complain about.

Booking was easy and the staff were fabulous. The only thing lacking was a pool.

PROPERTY ENTRANCE AND LOBBY DINGY AND DATED.ROOMS DATED.

Food service

Comforter is too old.

Need to get some newer sheet and comforter.

No deposit fee & check out time be at a later time.

Closed too early

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is old and needs renovating

Room cleanliness, other guests

It smelled like weed and room was very dirty.The hair dryer was full of I don't know what, some kind of lube or something.

Pot smell, dirty bathroom

It was quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They maintain a very clean business,,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

would have liked to be on first floor

the room was everything they advertised, very quiet and friendly and polite

TV could have more channels

I like that was a variety of places to eat from

TV remote did not work well. No local channels in rooms

Staff was very nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

toilet leaked in the bathroom

The staff

Nothing at all

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom tub and floors were disgusting. Carpet dirty and wasn’t vacuumed very well. Room was 100 degrees

The front desk lady was super nice !

Nothing to not like

Easy to book ,front desk was super friendly and kind even over the phone when I called with questions

didn't eat

Hallway soiled and unpleasant odor. Had to open window in room to freshen the air.

Staff is very friendly and helpful.