Reviews of Rodeway Inn 2 stars

2000 Ostrems Way, San Bernardino, CA 92407, USA

#18 of 23 hotels in San Bernardino

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that fact we asked for a min smoking room instead we were close to rooms that people we're smoking cigarettes and weed inside their rooms also all the bums around the hotel day and night. They need to improve on their security and and their cameras too. Door key don't really work and no one comes to help out and parking lot next to the hotel should be for the guest only with a parking permit.

The room was clean and it was a good size room. It also had a fridge that worked.

Homeless groups all over the property and loitering around entrance. The elevator broke down at sunset. No towels in the bathroom and no working ice machine on the property. Hallway was littered with 15-20 plastic trash bags, and room's patio door lock FELL OFF when I tried to use it.

Comfortable bed & good location/fwy friendly.

This place is a joke and will treat you like you're one. Our bed spread had fresh stains on it, crusty spots that you could tell had not been washed. Their elevator went out at night and my husband had to climb 6 flights of stairs with a fractured foot, again they didn't care. We had what looked like blood splatter on our ceiling. When talking to the front desk another guest came up complaining of dirt and roaches in his sink the employee all but laughed in his face, then went on to make a joke about them having bed bugs. Also the pool is down, as if the rest isn't enough to persuade you not to stay here.

99% percent bad overshadows any good

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The AC blew hot air, HIGH amounts of prostitution and drug traffic in parking lot and lobby, and hallways. Found a syringe in the closet, marijuana paraphernalia throughout the room, a condom and personal lubricant wrapper under bed. No towels were found inside the room.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There wasnt anything sanitized because there was blood on the light switch were its easy for anyone to touch it lucky I saw it before I put my hand on the switch

Everything else was ok besides the price for one person

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that there were no towels in the room, no shampoo or soap. I had to ask for these things when they should already be available. And when asked I was told “let me see what I have” as if I was asking for extra things.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Service to rooms I asked for my money back on my second day room had not been cleaned and was locked out had toget staff to help I am going file a clomplant becaus e they would not issue a credit for the last day we drove 400 plus miles to get home after a long day of activity I will never use this hotel agian

Nothing parking lot full of homeless people and drug dealers

Bathroom was nasty there was no pillowcases and towels in the bathroom when I got there curtains were ripped not very clean

The bed was comfortable it was quiet for his latest we were there

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the hotel is an old rundown crackhouse the carpet is so discusting it could walk out on its own smells like pee in the halls had to change rooms 3 times no towels

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's clean from outside how point but once you enter hallway it's old you could smell the mold carpets are filthy

I like the privacy the house keeping and front desk clerks are helpful and patient respectful and understanding.

This hotel is a crack den. Not being dramatic, literal drug dealers walking the grounds and crack heads living on the property. People live at the hotel, front desk lady knew the people by name and they were unloading groceries onto the bell hop cart. The constant rap music being played in the parking lot by the residence of the hotel was loud and annoying and the drugs being dealt from these cars were making the place seem very unsafe.

Absolutely nothing. It was run down and smelled of pot and dirty clothes. This hotel is unsafe and booking.com should remove the place from its directory.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I hate it everything inside the property!

I liked the convenience of being close to freeways, many places to eat near by and a Walmart basically steps away

When we exited the elevator it smelled extremely like smoke and stuffy no AC at all when we walked in the room the restroom was like it was never clean the toilet seat and the towels had stains on them even the sheets on the bed over all extremely terrible. Was supposed to be a nice getaway I was horrible want my money back -0

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Keeping up with cleanliness of the facility. Making up the beds and taking out the trash where great, restrooms and hall flooring needs to be clean of major stains and smells.

Convenient, close to event.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was falling a part so much I took pictures of room and the pool! The pool was green! I paid good money for this rom and was treated like the people who get vouchers to stay here! Yes I was able to tell what kind of people where here! Could smell marijuana the whole time! If I could have I would have left!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty and dated. The TV didn’t work there was a cockroach in the bathroom and at one point the whole building lost electricity for 15 minutes. It’s in the right place if you just need somewhere to crash for the night, but definitely overpriced for the outdated facilities. I will not be returning.

The balcony was the only nice thing about the room.

Nothing comes to mind

This day was very pleasant, from a very courteous staff at the front desk and to clean the rooms, to a great location with stores and restaurants all within walking distance. The rooms are clean, and all in all, it was I very comfortable and enjoyable stay.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t throughly cleaned.. me and my bf and our daughter walked in the room and and opened the refrigerator to put our drinks in there and on the side of the fridge there was fruit punch Gatorade bottle that was empty and it wasn’t ours....the leg on the bed was broken.... but other than that it was a great experience besides the lights turning off ...

The area was cool it was a lot of shopping center the hotel looked nice.

There was a lot of homeless people all around the property. Drugs were used as the smell of marijuana was strong. Drugs were sold in the parking lot.

The AC worked fine. The water was hot and the staff was friendly.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom sink was clogged called 4 times to have it fixed they never Did, bathroom shower was dirty and was falling apart gradually, tv was bad quality and my remote only had one battery in it. Didn't have enough towels for everybody.

Had a patio

Everything was FILTHY! Staff does NOTHING to improve the place. Carpets are DISGUSTING! Bathroom missing tiles and NASTY! Staff allow con artists in the lobby at night to steal money from guests!

The views from the higher floors were nice.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Entire level of "smoke-free" rooms, but whole floor leading up to room was filled with cigarette smoke. Balcony sliding glass door did not close completely and did not securely lock. Carpet made us quickly put our socks AND shoes back on. Bathroom floor was dirty, toilet seat broken and dirty, bathtub was black on bottom, with hair and pubic hair on tub and shower wall. Towel had blood on it and washrag was dirty. Outside was a hangout for homeless people and people up to no good. They were checking cars to see if they were unlocked, but there was only 1 girl at the front desk who stated there was no other staff and no security whatsoever. Very secluded area up a hill. Would not recommend this place to ANYONE.

I could see my car from the balcony door.

No complimentary breakfast. The ice machine was broken as well as the handle for the patio door.. And there's no microwave or good cable

The bed was comfy and the design of the room was nice.

So busy place and not organized Parking lot was busy and not safe enough / it did not have security not enough staff crowded around my room in the morning

The room was clean and tidy Good ventilation

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing rude staff!! No ice on all the floors!room smelled ugly! I asked for ice 2times and it seemed liked I bug the lady she told me I face "omg I just gave you ice!" My response was "well if your ice machines would work I wouldn't be bugging you" poor service

Nothing poor service

DIRTY!!The bathtub looked like it had not been scrubbed in months. The tv had poor quality picture. The only working elevator made a weird loud noise, clearly it is in need of maintenance. At check in time, there was three ladies working the counter, to which only two were actually working. The other girl was just there standing looking around.

It was a room.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing... I have no complaints whatsoever.

We're actually here for several nights and I'm finding that the stay is extremely Pleasant, the staff is very accommodating, and the room is perfect. It's making a difficult time in our family much easier to get through.

The rate.. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my friend's or family . There is too much illegal stuff going on in this hotel. Thereare too many homeless in the entrance of the hotel where the camp out and they are doing their drug in the open.

The maids were nice.Gave me clean towels in the morning

The rooms were dirty.as in old carpet . Walls need new painting. The AC kept turning on by itself. When asked to be moved they offered me two other rooms in which I was back and forth carrying our stuff and a infant of just 6 months old but they had roaches . So I had to keep the room were I was at plus I didn't think it was appropriate to have myself check the room instead of ur staff doing it. In the morning at check out time I spoke with the manager and all she refund me was $10...

Maid service was good in regards to bringing clean towels in the morning.

Just wish breakfast was SOONER than 7am On account of having to b at work

The people who work here are friendly but they do take their job seriously. Despite not being in the best area the rooms are clean and staff very helpful.

people need act like they are concerned about my problems there we had no hot water for hours or the restroom of the night on the shower curtain fell off. Though I meet and then the door mirror fell off and broke shattered everywhere now I got pictures of that I will send them to you that he supposed to call me back 20% all my time stay there they never did I never have received the place charged me twice

Shower bar was tilting, almost falling off, couldn't close to shower keep sliding to the middle. 1 fire sprinkler was tied with hay wire. Corridors looked like they had not be cleaned in a month. road in the elevator with staff member papers on the floor she didn't even picked it up.

Bed was Ok.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, sheets hadn’t been changed or was trash from the previous people in it, the rest room was dirty. , tub dirty carpet needed to be vacuumed the remote didn’t work

It had wifi

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very unprofessional staff. Found drug residue and needle in drawer. Asked for clean room and they refused.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The used needles behind the tv and the bed bugs that were so huge that the blood splattered everywhere...staff just brushed the hole bedbug situation off like it was no big deal...

The view

Bathrooms could use some maintenance such as the bathtub and shower walls.

Staff is courteous. Love the relaxation on the balcony, as well as the room!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was horrible dirty dusty huge cock roaches were on the balcony and the Blackburn door didn’t close ... that place needs to be torn down and rebuilt

Nothing it was the worst experience I’ve ever had

to many homeless people all over the building room had lots of issues like smoke detecter not installed properly swith plate missibg vent in bath room hanging

close to where i needed to go

Owner must be greedy and a slum. Hotel needs a complete facelift a real facelift not cover-up. Than it would be nice. The floor had bodily fluids, you know what i mean? Our balcony door was broken so it was open all day n night. Graffiti on the balcony. Restroom floor was painted not replaced, the lamp had broken shades, coffee maker didn't work, no free WiFi they charge no cable channels only basic channels and no not all had reception. And no free continental breakfast. Just free coffee. The shower curtain very loose just in general it needs lots of work!

The only thing i liked was the staff very friendly.but could tell they're working hard to make this place look at It's best with what they got.

Free wi-fi in room very slow. Room could use a touch-up, paint in bathroom spotty and bathroom floor had ? old paint or plaster splotches.

I enjoyed having a room with a view of the valley as well as the room balcony. I liked the refrigerator in room.

Unprofessional manner of communication. And house keeping entering my room when i wasn't present and violating my personal belongings.

Getting sleep

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty. The carpet was dirty the bathroom,the toilet wasn’t working

Nothing awful I don’t recommend to anybody and I will never ever stay here

That my room happened to be on the side where the railroad tracks at and trains coming through all night

That the rooms were inside the hotel not outside

Dirty room Bathroom was filthy Missing tiles on bathroom floor Shower curtain was ripped and had a hole in it Looked like a drug or prostitution hotel Very scary and poorly lite parking lot

Close toneace track

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Floor near sink and just outside bathroom was always wet. Room felt too humid without AC on. Microwave was dirty. At check out, person at front desk seemed like he didn’t want to be there.

Girl at check in. Was helpful and with a smile. Seemed like she wanted to help out all the people waiting to check in.

The facility could use an update on certain things. They also advertise breakfast although they don't have any.

I liked the location. I went with my girlfriend and she enjoyed the view. Its amazing.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Online it stated they had free breakfast and it was not open any of the days we stayed there. I asked them to clean the room when we were not there and they just changed the linens and sprayed the lysol like if they cleaned. the beds were not changed the entire week we stayed. They charged $100 deposit when we checked in and we were not aware of. The laundry room was open and then they closed it because they claimed the dryers were not working. We had to switch rooms because the a/c was not working.

It was nice place to stay

maintenance such as toilet issues and some appliances not working (coffee pot).

Front desk clerks very friendly and courteous, go out of their way for the customers. When clerk was called reference a coffee maker not working he brought a working one up to the room!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the face that the pool was out of order even though it said year round, that's not year round clearly. Also, for a hotel that is so high from the ground that doesn't offer a shuttle service r something that offered to hike back up. We had a senior with a walker climbing the path... that is not handicap assessible.

Hotel is very close to eaters like Taco Bell and a Mexican restaurant. Also, Walmart was only across the street which was great because we traveled with a toddler whose still wearing diapers.

Dirty!!! We switched rooms because we had used towels and a dirty bathtub in our first room. Floors were filthy they hadn’t been vacuumed in awhile. Hallways were dark with lights flickering like from a horror movie. Hallways were just scary looking in general. Not a good hotel stay away.

The card I used for reservation was charged before our arrival - the person at the reception desk said they thought it's going to be a no-show. Thing is, I quite specifically stated the hour of our arrival and got to the place before the said hour. The place didn't make any additional money, we lost some, and the only happy person here was the bank that made a good deal on the currency conversion. The bathroom is worn to the extent it looks very unclean. It needs some refreshing. Because of that, the room itself has a distinct bedbug-vibe to it - yet, it's quite alright in terms of cleanliness. It's just the wear that gives the dirty-feel.

The morning view from our room was very nice. Also, treat yourself at the nearby Mimi's Donuts & Ice Cream - bagels we got for breakfast were so good!

Where do I start. There isn't any breakfast, just coffee. The WiFi is terrible. There is so many crack heads that stay there. The staff are rude as hell. You have to pay a 100 deposit for the room, which isn't even worth it. The sink in my room was flooded. There is not any cable.

The balcony, the view.

it could of been more clean, you can clearly tell they don't vaccum the hall ways, the first room I got only had 1 light that turned on out of 4. the second one had 3 lights that turned on. No ice machine,

The t.v didnt get alot of channels the bath tub was peeling the floor look like paint spilled all over it had people hanging out in parking lot.the vending machines were all out of order the ice machine didnt work. It smelled like weed our whole stay people having arguments in hall. I could go on and on if wasnt on budget i would have left.

That it was cheap i was on a tight budget.

The room was run down for sure. Bathroom was falling apart. Carpet was crunchy.. yikes! Towels were also hard.

Bed was really comfy. I had a long 13 hour day and it was much needed.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First of all booking.com never sent our reservation over to the hotel, luckily they still had rooms available and was able to get us a room. There was not hot water during our 2 day stay. Shower didn’t work. There were bugs in the window seal and blood on the comforter.

Tv did not have a clear picture,not enough complementary toiletries,room didn't get cleaned second day

Was spacious nice balcony, was clean first nite bed comfortable.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would not recommend this place to anyone it is disgusting and should be shut down

The late night clerk was rude we asked for towels and he gave us a dirty look like he was inconvenienced there was dead and live bugs in the microwave the bathroom floor was full of hairs and we had no hot water for 2 days

Having to leave my comfort zone to get on the elevator to warm up me and my children food and my babies complaining of not being able to watch cartoons

Microwaves placed inside each room instead of having to leave your room to go downstairs to warm up your food not to mention if you have to wait cause someone else is using it or there's other people waiting in line before you other than that everything is just fine oh one more thing better cable with better cable channels more cartoon channels for the kids and movies for adults and children could enjoy together thank you

love this hotel but needs some maintenance done on some of the rooms I have stayed in, such as room 414 door to balcony is hard to shut, rubber door stripping of the entry door is coming off.

I like the location and view

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No morning breakfast, facilities are very dated, not enough parking for this property, and local vagrants walking around/soliciting guests.

Close to where I needed to go for the weekend business trip.

No screen on window mattress was hard and no enough pillows

Clean, quiet, staff with great customer service skills, and communication skills. Felt safe

TV, channel & reception was limited; some minor repairs needed in ceiling; light switch motion sensors were broken; underground parking was closed and access only allowed through lobby

convenient location, price, best in-room refrigerator I've ever had, freezer actually colder than expected and refroze ice blocks. Motel has lots of potential and attract more business.

Right before we checked out I grabbed my shoulder bag. Underneath it a cockroach ran away to find something new to hide under.

Charming hotel with a 70’s glamour vibe. Being a vintage lover it was really cool.

This room didn't smell too good, also there were a few roach like bugs. The TV channels are very limited, the carpet was dirty.

Location, view from room, very nice staff, parking great.

Not all of the ice machines work that great

what it's very quiet and you have a lot of great view of the mountains of your surroundings and much much more

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was scary, the hotel smelled, there was no sign so I could even tell I was at the correct place, the TV didn't work and the whole place was very shabby. The hotel was run down and falling apart.

The pillows were nice

The entire place was broken, run down and falling apart and stinky! Our tub did not turn off so we had to keep the bathroom door closed to keep from hearing it. There appeared to be blood stains on our curtains, the entire place had stains on the floor. There was a burn hole in our chair. The TV was very fuzzy without a good picture. The pool was empty. Maybe someone recently bought this place to make improvements.... I can only hope! It was falling apart!

The staff was very friendly and tried their hardest to make the stay comfortable. The bed was clean and comfortable but that's about all the good things that came from this place. It was close to Glen Helen Pkwy which is the only reason we booked here..

The WORST hotel I've ever stayed at in my life. Horribly in need of a remodeling. Bad carpets, broken glass in picture frames, crumbling paint in bathroom shower, cockroach on table in morning. Sound carried too easily. Bed felt like it was in a slope.

The post advertised breakfast there was no breakfast. The post advertised to upgrade to a smoking room was $10.00 they do not upgrade anymore. The property was rebought recently so this info was not accurate. I would like a refund as this was not what was advertised and my husband was upset about the no breakfast.

The balcony.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make use of the laundry facilities during my time there.

Pillows were great. The view from my room was nice. Front desk efforts were outstanding towards taking care of my requests. Room was pleasantly prepared and clean.

TV channels were very limited. No microwave in the room.

Quiet, clean large room with nice view. Very easy parking. Friendly front desk staff. I have rebooked for a later date.

Stains everywhere, gob of dried hair on the bedspread, looked like blood stains on the curtains...NOT even signage as to the name of the place

Nothing. Dirty and disgusting

Received a broken coffee maker since my room didn't have 1, had to go all the way to receive another

Bathroom tub looked like paint was piling off walls, great water pressure in shower so powerful it got the whole floor wet and drain system seemed clogged.

The room I reserved wasn't available they didn't have anything that I asked for I reserved 2 beds for 4 people they only gave me 1 bed for us 4 and still charged the same price only reason why we still payed for it cause it was the only choice we had other then that the hotel the worse they made us wait 2 hours to get a room no breakfast, pool was dirty and our room had no towels the iron bed was all ripped it was just really bad!