Reviews of Studio City Courtyard Hotel 2 stars

12933 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, Los Angeles, CA 91604, USA

#226 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

5.5
    Facility doesn’t seem to be kept up, a lot of rust, things...

Facility doesn’t seem to be kept up, a lot of rust, things seem about to fall apart. I’ve stayed here several times before, but this is probably my last time.

Great location & pool; mediocre rooms; room different than what was promised
    • Deluxe Suite

We have 2 teenage boys and a younger boy, and Booking.com recommended this hotel for 5 people. We booked a room with 2 king beds and a sofa. When we arrived, our room had 2 king beds--but no sofa. I pointed this out to the staff, but they wouldn't/couldn't move us to a different room. They just shrugged and said that it's an older hotel and every room is different. Room is quite dated, and it was hard to find enough outlets to charge our electronics.

Great location if you're going to Universal Studios. The hotel doesn't serve breakfast but there are shops and restaurants literally across the street. The pool was nice and, when we swam, completely empty.

Good location, rooms could have been better

The hotel has a pool in the middle of the courtyard, visible from all rooms which I found a bit awkward. The room itself was said to be a non smoking room but smelled slightly like cigarettes. The sheets had stains on them when looking closely.

The location of the hotel is ideal when visiting the Universal Studios. Without much traffic it's between 20-30 minutes drive by car. Be careful about busy times though as the hotel is located at a busy street. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Basic, funky but affordable.

An in-room coffeemaker would be nice. No hot water in the morning shower! Beat up furniture and safe in armoire didn’t work. Maybe it neede to be plugged in elsewhere.

Clean rooms central location

The staff member who checked us in was great.

Was not as nice as the pictures. But was worth the money.

The staff member who checked us in was great. He was very nice and even made conversation with my son. Asking about his trip. He is 8. Most do not do that. It was nice to experience.

good

the facilities is a little old but still functional

very good location, there is a huge supermarket accoss the road, and you can find coffee and breakfast nearby.

The location of this hotel is perfect for what I need.

Carpets were very dirty and now they are charging $10 a day to park in a lot where the parking is ridiculous. The parking should really be included.

The location of this hotel is perfect for what I need. I have been staying here for years, but it feels like the cleanliness has been going down.

Room service made a good effort of keeping the room clean...

Rooms are very dated, the carpets smell of old smoke, even in non-smoking rooms. Worst part was by far the damp smell coming from the air-conditioning unit. Smelled very moldy as if the filters were never cleaned and moisture had been stuck in there for years, so could not use the air-con at all.

Room service made a good effort of keeping the room clean every day, clean sheets and clean towels neatly placed in bedroom and bathroom. Hassle free check-in and check-out, friendly staff.

Great location but hotel needs a makeover badly...but you get what you pay for.

Felt like a very cheap hotel that had not been updated in 25 years

Great location but hotel and rooms desperately need a makeover -- very old furniture, paint, etc.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The location was good.

Definitely overpriced. The hotel never change my reservation to two beds. They charged me for it though I was inconvenienced. They charge $10 per car and then charged me $25 for the second car.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Waste time and money
    • King Suite

Reseptioner been Rude and I had waste over 1 1/2 at counter before they ck me in one man show and they turn off their phone in purpose to not recive phone calls

Waste time and money

Excellent location, customer laundry at premises, universal...
    • Double Room - Smoking

Nothing worth mentioning, just a bit more accommodating staff could be great.

Excellent location, customer laundry at premises, universal studio and Beverly Hills is just at arms length. Excellent neighborhood and coffee bean company just opposite the road. Overall good value for money.

CUTE SAFE AND AFFORDABLE

We had no issues. Everything you would need is provided.

We loved the cleanliness of the location, the room and the pool! If your looking to budget and be in a good location that's close to Universal studios. This is the place to stay. Its really cute and trendy. There are so many great shopping & food locations in the area. The staff was so pleasant and helpful. The evenings are nice and quiet and for the price your getting such a great deal. Thank you so much City Courtyard for doing a great job!!

Excellent price/performance

Nothing. everything was good

The stuff was friendly, plenty of parking (it is additional 10$ per day, but worth it in my opinion). Also the location is great. Universal studio is nearby and also nice base for visiting beverly hills, rodeo drive and hollywood. We're very satisfied with price/performance

This hotel was a perfect location, the beds are big and...
    • Deluxe Suite

This hotel was a perfect location, the beds are big and comfortable. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of our room. Everytime we left for the day we came back to clean made up rooms.

Was just passing through town and needed 2 king beds under 200. After taxes and parking fees.
    • Deluxe Suite

The place is really old. No elevator, Old Pink tiles with tons of BAD grout repairs Handles missing on bathroom vanity and the Wood in poor condition we won’t talk about the bad / old wallpaper . The pillows were old ,flat and hard !

Friendly, Clean, had a frig and microwave and had a pool for the kids. Beds were soft but not saggy for a woman and kids under 11.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Expensive for the bad quality of the rooms

Hotel room wasn’t clean, lots of ants everywhere, even found on my bed Run down bathroom with dirty shower curtain with holes everywhere Dirty swimming pool water with lots of dead skin and hair floating around

Perfect location in Studio City Large hotel room

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very good service!
    • King Room - Smoking

The carpet stinks and the air conditioner was so noisy. Room was also so noisy, we could hear cars passing so loud very early morning.

The hospitality of the receptionist that gave us extra bed for our daughter, 2 nights for free!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

I was satisfied with our stay at this hotel and we would stay here again!
    • Deluxe Suite

Our room needs updating. Wifi was really bad; it was on and off so it is very hard to use because some pages wouldn’t even load for us and we kept re entering passcode. Smoking area was next to our room and the pool, it would have been better if smoking area is in the front or by the parking lot because my son has asthma. No breakfast.

The room is roomy and plenty of space for a family of 5. Lots of cabinet space and I like the fact that we had 2 king beds and a sofa bed in between. Our room had 2 big windows.

Nice location
    • King Suite

10 dollars parking per night. Cash deposit for damages.

Staff.very professional and attentive during check out the all awhile I complained I apologized later.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Not the Cleanest.but close to Universal.

lacking in cleanliness.

This is a 2 star motel like so many others in Hollywood/Studio City.it is an old property, has an overall shabby feel,and is overpriced due to the relatively close proximity to Universal Studios theme park. the room floor was dirty, the bathroom was grimy. on the up side, there are many food choices close by (easy walking distance) ,and the staff were cheerful and friendly. be aware that there is a $ 10.00 per day PARKING FEE ,which is NOT disclosed on BOOKING.COM. motels/hotels in this area seem to run @ $ 150. ish for the 2 stars , and $300. plus for the 3 stars.no real middle ground.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

We were very disappointed in this facility and would not stay there again.

Terrible parking. Shuttle service very limited. Did not provide adequate bath linens even when asked to do so. Faucet in bathroom could not be shut off easily-had to manipulate it to get it to stop running water or dripping. Did not have blow dryer in rooms.

Courteous staff. Location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Location was awesome.
    • Double Room - Smoking

Toilet got backed up last night there.

Location was awesome. Perfectly central for all of my needs. Staff readily fixed issue by providing new room when plumbing stopped working.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The front desk person was very helpful as well as personable.

We were not aware of a $10 per night parking fee. Unusual for such a small property. Will park on the street out front if we stay there again.

The front desk person was very helpful as well as personable. It's always nice to see a smiling face.

Location was the only positive aspect of our stay.
    • King Room - Smoking

The bathroom was pretty bad with ancient pink tile (cracked), shower faucets seem to have been installed incorrectly, . There was a huge red stain on the carpet and ripped chairs. We won't be staying there again.

Location was the only positive aspect of our stay.

Innoculate yourself before staying.
    • King Room - Smoking

Not sure why this is calculating at 2.5 when I answered with the lowest score for everything. Drapes didn’t close all the way, light from the courtyard was visible all night. TV did not work, error message on screen. No refrigerator. Bathroom smelled of mildew. Bedding was stained. Loud all night; could hear neighbors through the walls. Heavy traffic area noise from the Boulevard traffic all night. Switched up room for non-smoking and was told they were not supposed to rent out because it did not have a refrigerator, and charged me an extra $10 for the last minute switch. Toilet paper holder broken. Toilet paper was left on the sink as well as toilet paper spool. Entire room was dirty and smelled of dust musty. No fan in the bathroom. Windows open up onto alley. Only venting in the bathroom was the window to the alley no curtain on bathroom window but smoked glass instead.

Nothing. What a disgusting excuse for a hotel.

I'd come back just for the smile
    • King Suite

The staff were very helpful and went the extra mile to make me smile while I was over worked and stressed...although I was extremely grumpy the fact that they didn't let it effect them changed my attitude. The rooms were lovely with lots of lot (that can easily blacked out) and an incredible price for a deluxe room

I recommended it was nice I like the pool area as well

They charge you $10 tonight to park your car. the shower had low- pressure.

There's so much to do around walking distance even a couple of farce if you like to drink or family places to take the kids and eat

The staff were nice.

The fact that we had to pay $10 additional for parking I do not recall reading before booking that there was a fee for parking. Also there was a weird guy hanging around and we wrote down my license plate number which made me uncomfortable and not at ease staying there. Mattress was not comfortable at all. I usually stay at 4 star hotels but reading previous reviews about its cleanliness made me want to book the inn and the fact that it was near universal studios. But I will not be booking here again. My husband also noticed that one of the towels had what looked like to be red hair stain.

The staff were nice.

Stay here!

Nothing to report here. All good!

It was so nice to be able to park in the covered garage while the shuttle drove me to and from Universal Studios for a Free! So comfortable and relaxing.

Location was good and restaurants in walking distance
    • Double Room - Smoking

Older property and was obvious in some areas. Tub had some mold in the caulking. Shower worked poorly and when it was on the faucet still ran. Bedspread was stained. Staff was not very helpful.

Location was good and restaurants in walking distance

I not happy,

room existing condition, bathroom condition, interior condition. Carpet too old and smelling. bad idea stay more than one night

very old interior, they have to do renovation and install new furniture and etc

Rubbish and over priced. The area is lovely though

Better customer service

Room was smelly. No help with my luggage and I'm a female travelling alone and couldn't hardly get my case up the stairs. Fridge was warm. I ended up checking out 3 nights early...... but they wouldn't give me a refund.

The hotel is in a nice area, easy to reach and a good...

The carpet in the room does seem to be dirty, noticeable by black feet after a while :-)

The hotel is in a nice area, easy to reach and a good starting point for visiting various parts of the city. The hotel itself and the staff are nice. The rooms are a bit dated, but generally clean and tidy. Especially for LA it offers good value for money.

A great value is Studio City.

No offense Courtyard but the parking here is still awful! They charge 10 dollars to park and if you have a large suv, it's nerve wracking trying to park in their space behind the hotel, you have to back out because there is not enough space to maneuver very well there. On a busy night you might not be able to park in their lot. Metered street parking in front and the meter readers are VERY efficient in there dedication to duty. Beware the expired meter, because it's a $60 ticket. Some rooms need a refresh, but still not bad.

Just a one night stay in the area for a graduation, we needed something affordable and easy to get in and get out. The desk staff were nice and got us extra pillows for our room. Free coffee in the lobby. There is a good sized pool there as well. In general a good value for the area as your close to Universal Studios as well as some great shopping and eating establishments. We have stayed here a few times in the past.

Would never stay here again.

The room needed repair. The wallpaper was torn and dirty. The shower was rusted. The grounds were dirty. The room was very noisy from the street and neighbors.

Location was convenient

Awesome hotel at a pretty decent location with a great staff.
    • King Room - Smoking

Outdated room and parking fee.

Heated pool was nice. Zee at the front desk was awesome.Overall pretty nice. Close to Universal Studios and Walk of Fame.

Comfortable, clean, very nice bed and pillows, staff was great.

I would take a room further in side the hotel next time less noise from the street.

Sleep like a baby! Rooms were clean staff was very friendly, front desk personnel were were more than helpful.

• King Room - Smoking

We got upgraded to a suite but it wasn’t a suite at all. I’ve stayed at hotels enough to know what I expect from a suite and what we paid for, it was honestly just a typical room. Nothing special about it.

Stinky

The “nonsmoking” room stink like a lot of stale cigarettes. It was gross. The pillow smelled like cigarettes. I ended up calling a friend at 1am and staying at there house because the room stunk so bad. It also looked as tho someone had punched through the wall and they tried to cover it up with a coat of paint. A bad night for sure.

The manager I talked to about the problem was nice on the phone. But didn’t really do anything.

Pleasant and satisfactory

The rooms could do with a little attention although they were spacious and clean. Maybe some tea/coffee making facilities available in the room. Also some info in the room regarding the area.... The area is lovely but it’s quite a way from LAX and some tourist attractions (although close to Universal) this is worth noting when planning a trip.

The hotel is in a lovely area and it was clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly.

All in all a good deal

Place is alittle dated

Staff was very friendly and helpful .place was quite and comfortable and at a good price and they have a heated pool and laundry facilities

We had a nice time.

I liked that ilthe area itself was clean, the rooms were very clean and the pool was super clean!

The rooms where clean and they always brought clean towels.

Decent place for the $ great location

We stayed a total of 4 nights in a ground floor room close to the pool, on our 2nd night a large family with children were assigned the room directly above us and had 4 Small children that ran around and stomped on the floor for the majority of the evening which made it extremely difficult to get any rest or sleep after a long day of sightseeing. I complained to the night desk and asked them to quiet the guests down but I don’t think he said anything to them because they never quieted down. I think they should have considered us when they put a family of 6 in the room above us.

The pool was awesome

Not worth what you pay.

The bathroom tiles were broken and poorly patched and bathroom needed a serious upgrade- kind of gross. Grout was gross. The screens on Windows were ripped and you could here what sounded like someone hauling sheets of metal at night. This place definitely was not worth $130/night. More like $79-89/night. Also they advertised free shuttle to Universal Studios but didn't say the seats were very limited because the shuttle is used at another hotel as well so couldn't fit our family of 5 and only had 3 set times shuttle worked. Said could fit 1 family member on at 8 am shuttle and other 4 @10:45 shuttle. So kind of a bummer. Ended up driving and just paying for parking. Location was good- close to Universal and Hollywood downtown about 5-10 minutes. If you are just looking for a place to literally sleep, then probably fine but I wouldn't spend much time there.

The beds were very clean, the linens as well. No bed bugs so that's a plus! Lol! The staff was very kind and helpful.

No value for a lot of money :-(

These were the worst two nights I've had in years. Hotel is right next to a very busy street and there is no sound absorption and isolation at all. The bathroom looked very worn down but was reasonably clean.

Hotel is located close to the Universal Studios

Never again

Everything, from the moment I walked through their front doors! The front desk clerk couldn't careless about my concerns. I asked for a floor level room because of the amount of luggage. You could clearly see availability, but we were placed on the second floor right next to the stairs. The room smelled awful. We opened the door to try to allow some fresh air in, but Ventura Blvd was so noisy we had to close the door. Traffic didn't slow down until well after 2 am. We could clearly hear it in our room. I booked because it offered shuttle service to Universal Studios. Well, it runs 3 times in the AM ...starting at 9 and 3 times in the evening starting at 5:30. We needed to be there for our tour at 8:45am and wanted to stay until closing at 10 pm, so we need up spending $50 in cab fare. The shuttle pick up isn't from that's location, they have another hotel a block away that you need to walk to. My kids wouldn't even shower there. There was hair everywhere in the bathroom, duct tape holding up the shower curtain rod and you could see through the towels they were so old. The beds were horrible and noisy....wasn't happy at all with the price we paid. I would never stay there again. The information provided was misleading! The pictures were obviously taken when it first opened and nothing was upgraded since then...nothing!

Nothing! The whole stay was horrible

The gentlemen was very friendly when I got there and the...
    • Deluxe Suite

I didn't like that the room smell ugly like cigarette, the bathroom needs more cleaning like tub and that they charge for parking and they take to long to return deposit

The gentlemen was very friendly when I got there and the bedroom size was great

Great location near attractions, nice restaurants and grocery store, but bit worn.

The facility is a bit worn. The carpet could stand to be replaced. There was a place in the floor near the bathroom that was spongy. I was startled the first time I stepped on the soft spot. The issue with the TV was that the cable box shuts itself off after some period of time. Each time I came back to my room, I had to turn the box on again to receive the signal! If the box can't be made to stay on, then a note should be put beside the TV telling the customer what to do.

The location and friendliness of the staff. When I couldn't get the TV to work, someone came within a very few minutes and showed me what to do.

This hotel offers a great location for Studio City/ Hollywood and reasonably good value for money.
    • Deluxe Suite

The location is quite noisy, with traffic moving past through the night. However, there are many excellent services right on the doorstep (coffee shops, restaurants, supermarket, ATM...).

The staff were friendly and the room was adequately comfortable; also, the pool was clean and there were towels available. All in all, everything was as expected - the web pages give a realistic view of the hotel.

One night stay may be worth it, but not for an extended stay.

Room too small. Condensation in bathroom was disgusting. Room was dirty. Room did not get serviced. They did not honor the Booking.com price, charged me additional to meet their daily room price. Website says free parking but I was charged $10 per day. Beds were not comfortable.

Heated pool. location of hotel was within walking distance to grocery store and other eatery places.

Great staff, excelllent service, no elevator.
    • Deluxe Suite

The only problem was there were no elevators and we had a baby and a lot of luggage and the room was a tiny bit stinky. And the tv had a terrible picture problem.

Since there were no Elevators the staff was extremely helpful in carrying our bags up the stairs and helping with the baby.

Nothing special, a clean place to lay your head.

The rooms were not very sound proof, we had a ground floor room and could hear every movement the people upstairs made. We were also by the stairs and you could hear every time someone went up or down them. Maybe if the beds were on the other wall it wouldn't have been as noisey. Parking was a little tight,but being in the LA area at least they had parking, many hotels we looked at did not. Towels seemed a bit rare, we had to ask for them each night of our stay, they brought them right away but odd they just didn't put them in the room when they cleaned.

The staff was friendly and nice. The coffee was excellent.

My stay was short and Just 1 day, I don’t think I could have stayed another day there.

You pay 10$ for probably the worst parking I think that I have ever had to deal with.

I liked the location,easy access to just about anywhere you needed to go.

Pool
    • King Suite

STAFF IS UNBELIEVABLE! Over the past 2 years I have been faithfully using this hotel and given them so many thousands of dollars (cash!) . You would think one would be treated with respect, let alone decency. Not only were the staff contradicting themselves, not helpful, short & rude, negative, disrespectful and prejudicious but they went out of there way to ruin my entire stay and ended up kicking me out when I went to pay for her day (in A.M.). I have never met or seen such atrocities over the years and will not be recommending this place to anyone!

Pool

Hidden Fees Galore!

so many hidden fees! $10 to park? the parking situation is terrible! cars bunched up everywhere! the staff was rude, the room was basic, and the bathroom was awkwardly setup. 0/10

Busy street, older place.
    • Deluxe Suite

Shower head was very low; person needed to be 5 foot to stand underneath the head. Site stated pool was heated. Even with temperature in low 70s, the pool was definitely not heated. We booked a deluxe suite which was to include a sofa/couch. Between Booking.com and the Hotel itself, they were "overbooked" for some rooms. We were given $50 off for one night and a roll-away at no cost which helped; did make the room a bit tight for moving around.

It was close to Universal Studios and grocery store nearby (walking distance).

bathrooms are in terrible condition.

bathrooms are in terrible condition. Peeling paint, old rusting sinks. When we were there they had signed a contract for allowing a film to be made in the hotel which went on until very late at night without forewarning the guests. Film crew members were outside our room talking and running up and down the staircase to the second floor just outside our door. The desk clerk said there was nothing he could do about it since they had a contract! I believe a hotel should first and foremost have their guests’ comfort in mind. The general manager did give me a partial credit for the night but I wanted a good nights sleep. I have stayed at this hotel for many years because of its location near my children but each year it has deteriorated more. Never again

It was pricey for the accommodations.

Not as clean as I would have liked. Very noisy street because it is on Ventura Blvd.

Centrally located. Staff was really great! I called desk with an issue in the room and they fixed it immediately!

Really a nice place and great neighborhood for the money
    • King Room - Smoking

I think it's time for the hotel to replace the dirty carpets with flooring they can regularly clean. After walking around in the room barefoot for less than an hour my feet were filthy. This hotel isn't alone for this problem but it was a same because everything else was so nice.

My room was exceptionally comfortable and a great value. Although it was one of the lower priced rooms in the immediate area on Booking, the room was very comfortable and the neighborhood very, very nice.

It was okay. Nothing to write home about.

The shower and the noise factor was an issue. I think the price was a bit high for the room. But I was in a crunch so I paid. I stayed in better for a lot cheaper.

The bed and the tv

See above.

Very old, needs upkeep. Didn't like the idea is a $10.00 per night parking fee nor $100.00 deposit. Wouldn't stay here again. Our son recommend it.

Not much. The second night the man at the desk did give us a better room and was very pleasant Still the rooms are old, the bathroom sink hot water drizzed water. However the second room was much better than the first

Great location and great coffee!

Check in...they couldn't process the credit card and I don't know if it's their fault or Amex but they called me daily over a nearly 2 week stay...including during a funeral

Great location and great coffee!

Decent place to stay. They could update the showers but overall it was worth the money

The price that shows after you book doesn’t include the $10 a night parking fee

The location was great for us because we were going to universal studios and it’s only a ten minute drive.

Not worth it
    • King Suite

The rooms are nothing like in the pictures. Much smaller, old carpets, smelly, stains on the sheets, it’s more like a below-average motel. Very dissapointed

Defenetily a excellent customer service.
    • Deluxe Suite

A good and safe naborood everything it's close by for Chopin.

It's a safe area nice place too stay in the future I will defenetyli stay in that same area or the same hotel.

It was great. Slightly renovated bathroom would go a very long way. Amazing stay all in all.

It was good. Bathroom shower drain was barely clogged the day we entered.

Great staff. Great room. Bathroom needs a little renovation work,but it is nothing to keep you away.

Ownership needs to invest in total renovation since you

Price & quality of overall room. Outdated

Over price for what you get. Overall room , bathroom totally outdated. Paint job is horrible, uneven floor. Paint flaking off wall.Needs a major make-over!!!!

Never again
    • Deluxe Suite

I don’t even know where to start, we were all bummed out the pool was dark and dirty, when you opened the door to the room there were scratches and dirt all over it( front and back) big stains on the ground, huge stains all over the bathroom, holes in the walls where they moved the curtain rods over, dirty microwave, mirrors were dirty, the tub had a ring around it, we put towels on the floor so we walked on them instead of the carpet, now let’s talk about the hooker next door, the door opened and shut at least 50 times that night, WE WILL NEVER STAY or TELL anyone to go there a matter of fact I would tell them to stay away, I would have expected this from a super cheap hotel but not for this price!!! VERY Disappointed!!!!!

The staff was nice

Disappointing terrible experience never going back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The king bed was just a king mattress on a queen frame so it was uncomfortable it had a dinghy feel not kept we’ll mold in the bathroom broken bathroom nobs. I won’t be staying there again. The toilet clogged so we had to go to a different room to use the toilet it was cold outside and we had kids so terrible experience.

I was disappointed by the facility it was nothing like the pictures online everything was old and broken tiles broken furniture dirty carpet, loud heating system the toilet clogged easily and they can’t fix it cause is a special toilet.

Nice place to live for short stay !!
    • Deluxe Suite

The room close to street and traffic is annoying at night !!

Location of this hotel is perfect for people staying for Universal And Hollywood. Staff is super helpful.. One of the bathroom was not working at the day of checkout and person at lobby gave us key for another room to use it.

High quality budget hotel

Wish shower was a little more powerful. Noise through ceiling from floor above.

All staff helpful. Most staff surprisingly friendly too. Great shower.

They charged $10/night for parking. They do not have the microwave which is the basic need. I booked for a king bed through booking.com, still got queen bed. they told me to talk to booking.com.

Nothing I liked.

Horrible place to stay.

Continuous street noise at all hours. They charge an additional $10 per day to park on the property. If I had known that I would of booked elsewhere without hidden fees. Parking is also limited and spaces are very tight to get in and out. Also required a $100 security deposit which is refundable after checkout. One of the worst places I have ever stayed.

Our stay worked out okay due to the location and the hotel was clean, but will not return.

The facility is very "tired" - like an old style hotel that had not been upgraded in many years. The plumbing was odd (two faucets in the shower with "H" over the replaced valves still sticking out of the tile), towels and sheets thin, an old mattress, sloppy paint job, etc. There was also rowdy noise until late in the night.

The location on Ventura Blvd. was perfect for our family visit.