Reviews of Studio City Courtyard Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

12933 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, Los Angeles, CA 91604, United States of America

#226 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

I'd come back just for the smile
    • King Suite

The staff were very helpful and went the extra mile to make me smile while I was over worked and stressed...although I was extremely grumpy the fact that they didn't let it effect them changed my attitude. The rooms were lovely with lots of lot (that can easily blacked out) and an incredible price for a deluxe room

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

I recommended it was nice I like the pool area as well

They charge you $10 tonight to park your car. the shower had low- pressure.

There's so much to do around walking distance even a couple of farce if you like to drink or family places to take the kids and eat

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

The staff were nice.

The fact that we had to pay $10 additional for parking I do not recall reading before booking that there was a fee for parking. Also there was a weird guy hanging around and we wrote down my license plate number which made me uncomfortable and not at ease staying there. Mattress was not comfortable at all. I usually stay at 4 star hotels but reading previous reviews about its cleanliness made me want to book the inn and the fact that it was near universal studios. But I will not be booking here again. My husband also noticed that one of the towels had what looked like to be red hair stain.

The staff were nice.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Stay here!

Nothing to report here. All good!

It was so nice to be able to park in the covered garage while the shuttle drove me to and from Universal Studios for a Free! So comfortable and relaxing.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Location was good and restaurants in walking distance
    • Double Room - Smoking

Older property and was obvious in some areas. Tub had some mold in the caulking. Shower worked poorly and when it was on the faucet still ran. Bedspread was stained. Staff was not very helpful.

Location was good and restaurants in walking distance

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

I not happy,

room existing condition, bathroom condition, interior condition. Carpet too old and smelling. bad idea stay more than one night

very old interior, they have to do renovation and install new furniture and etc

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Rubbish and over priced. The area is lovely though

Better customer service

Room was smelly. No help with my luggage and I'm a female travelling alone and couldn't hardly get my case up the stairs. Fridge was warm. I ended up checking out 3 nights early...... but they wouldn't give me a refund.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

The hotel is in a nice area, easy to reach and a good...

The carpet in the room does seem to be dirty, noticeable by black feet after a while :-)

The hotel is in a nice area, easy to reach and a good starting point for visiting various parts of the city. The hotel itself and the staff are nice. The rooms are a bit dated, but generally clean and tidy. Especially for LA it offers good value for money.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

A great value is Studio City.

No offense Courtyard but the parking here is still awful! They charge 10 dollars to park and if you have a large suv, it's nerve wracking trying to park in their space behind the hotel, you have to back out because there is not enough space to maneuver very well there. On a busy night you might not be able to park in their lot. Metered street parking in front and the meter readers are VERY efficient in there dedication to duty. Beware the expired meter, because it's a $60 ticket. Some rooms need a refresh, but still not bad.

Just a one night stay in the area for a graduation, we needed something affordable and easy to get in and get out. The desk staff were nice and got us extra pillows for our room. Free coffee in the lobby. There is a good sized pool there as well. In general a good value for the area as your close to Universal Studios as well as some great shopping and eating establishments. We have stayed here a few times in the past.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Would never stay here again.

The room needed repair. The wallpaper was torn and dirty. The shower was rusted. The grounds were dirty. The room was very noisy from the street and neighbors.

Location was convenient

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Awesome hotel at a pretty decent location with a great staff.
    • King Room - Smoking

Outdated room and parking fee.

Heated pool was nice. Zee at the front desk was awesome.Overall pretty nice. Close to Universal Studios and Walk of Fame.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Comfortable, clean, very nice bed and pillows, staff was great.

I would take a room further in side the hotel next time less noise from the street.

Sleep like a baby! Rooms were clean staff was very friendly, front desk personnel were were more than helpful.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

• King Room - Smoking

We got upgraded to a suite but it wasn’t a suite at all. I’ve stayed at hotels enough to know what I expect from a suite and what we paid for, it was honestly just a typical room. Nothing special about it.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Stinky

The “nonsmoking” room stink like a lot of stale cigarettes. It was gross. The pillow smelled like cigarettes. I ended up calling a friend at 1am and staying at there house because the room stunk so bad. It also looked as tho someone had punched through the wall and they tried to cover it up with a coat of paint. A bad night for sure.

The manager I talked to about the problem was nice on the phone. But didn’t really do anything.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Pleasant and satisfactory

The rooms could do with a little attention although they were spacious and clean. Maybe some tea/coffee making facilities available in the room. Also some info in the room regarding the area.... The area is lovely but it’s quite a way from LAX and some tourist attractions (although close to Universal) this is worth noting when planning a trip.

The hotel is in a lovely area and it was clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

All in all a good deal

Place is alittle dated

Staff was very friendly and helpful .place was quite and comfortable and at a good price and they have a heated pool and laundry facilities

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

We had a nice time.

I liked that ilthe area itself was clean, the rooms were very clean and the pool was super clean!

The rooms where clean and they always brought clean towels.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Decent place for the $ great location

We stayed a total of 4 nights in a ground floor room close to the pool, on our 2nd night a large family with children were assigned the room directly above us and had 4 Small children that ran around and stomped on the floor for the majority of the evening which made it extremely difficult to get any rest or sleep after a long day of sightseeing. I complained to the night desk and asked them to quiet the guests down but I don’t think he said anything to them because they never quieted down. I think they should have considered us when they put a family of 6 in the room above us.

The pool was awesome

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Not worth what you pay.

The bathroom tiles were broken and poorly patched and bathroom needed a serious upgrade- kind of gross. Grout was gross. The screens on Windows were ripped and you could here what sounded like someone hauling sheets of metal at night. This place definitely was not worth $130/night. More like $79-89/night. Also they advertised free shuttle to Universal Studios but didn't say the seats were very limited because the shuttle is used at another hotel as well so couldn't fit our family of 5 and only had 3 set times shuttle worked. Said could fit 1 family member on at 8 am shuttle and other 4 @10:45 shuttle. So kind of a bummer. Ended up driving and just paying for parking. Location was good- close to Universal and Hollywood downtown about 5-10 minutes. If you are just looking for a place to literally sleep, then probably fine but I wouldn't spend much time there.

The beds were very clean, the linens as well. No bed bugs so that's a plus! Lol! The staff was very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

No value for a lot of money :-(

These were the worst two nights I've had in years. Hotel is right next to a very busy street and there is no sound absorption and isolation at all. The bathroom looked very worn down but was reasonably clean.

Hotel is located close to the Universal Studios

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Never again

Everything, from the moment I walked through their front doors! The front desk clerk couldn't careless about my concerns. I asked for a floor level room because of the amount of luggage. You could clearly see availability, but we were placed on the second floor right next to the stairs. The room smelled awful. We opened the door to try to allow some fresh air in, but Ventura Blvd was so noisy we had to close the door. Traffic didn't slow down until well after 2 am. We could clearly hear it in our room. I booked because it offered shuttle service to Universal Studios. Well, it runs 3 times in the AM ...starting at 9 and 3 times in the evening starting at 5:30. We needed to be there for our tour at 8:45am and wanted to stay until closing at 10 pm, so we need up spending $50 in cab fare. The shuttle pick up isn't from that's location, they have another hotel a block away that you need to walk to. My kids wouldn't even shower there. There was hair everywhere in the bathroom, duct tape holding up the shower curtain rod and you could see through the towels they were so old. The beds were horrible and noisy....wasn't happy at all with the price we paid. I would never stay there again. The information provided was misleading! The pictures were obviously taken when it first opened and nothing was upgraded since then...nothing!

Nothing! The whole stay was horrible

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

The gentlemen was very friendly when I got there and the...
    • Deluxe Suite

I didn't like that the room smell ugly like cigarette, the bathroom needs more cleaning like tub and that they charge for parking and they take to long to return deposit

The gentlemen was very friendly when I got there and the bedroom size was great

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Great location near attractions, nice restaurants and grocery store, but bit worn.

The facility is a bit worn. The carpet could stand to be replaced. There was a place in the floor near the bathroom that was spongy. I was startled the first time I stepped on the soft spot. The issue with the TV was that the cable box shuts itself off after some period of time. Each time I came back to my room, I had to turn the box on again to receive the signal! If the box can't be made to stay on, then a note should be put beside the TV telling the customer what to do.

The location and friendliness of the staff. When I couldn't get the TV to work, someone came within a very few minutes and showed me what to do.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

This hotel offers a great location for Studio City/ Hollywood and reasonably good value for money.
    • Deluxe Suite

The location is quite noisy, with traffic moving past through the night. However, there are many excellent services right on the doorstep (coffee shops, restaurants, supermarket, ATM...).

The staff were friendly and the room was adequately comfortable; also, the pool was clean and there were towels available. All in all, everything was as expected - the web pages give a realistic view of the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

One night stay may be worth it, but not for an extended stay.

Room too small. Condensation in bathroom was disgusting. Room was dirty. Room did not get serviced. They did not honor the Booking.com price, charged me additional to meet their daily room price. Website says free parking but I was charged $10 per day. Beds were not comfortable.

Heated pool. location of hotel was within walking distance to grocery store and other eatery places.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Great staff, excelllent service, no elevator.
    • Deluxe Suite

The only problem was there were no elevators and we had a baby and a lot of luggage and the room was a tiny bit stinky. And the tv had a terrible picture problem.

Since there were no Elevators the staff was extremely helpful in carrying our bags up the stairs and helping with the baby.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Nothing special, a clean place to lay your head.

The rooms were not very sound proof, we had a ground floor room and could hear every movement the people upstairs made. We were also by the stairs and you could hear every time someone went up or down them. Maybe if the beds were on the other wall it wouldn't have been as noisey. Parking was a little tight,but being in the LA area at least they had parking, many hotels we looked at did not. Towels seemed a bit rare, we had to ask for them each night of our stay, they brought them right away but odd they just didn't put them in the room when they cleaned.

The staff was friendly and nice. The coffee was excellent.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

My stay was short and Just 1 day, I don’t think I could have stayed another day there.

You pay 10$ for probably the worst parking I think that I have ever had to deal with.

I liked the location,easy access to just about anywhere you needed to go.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Pool
    • King Suite

STAFF IS UNBELIEVABLE! Over the past 2 years I have been faithfully using this hotel and given them so many thousands of dollars (cash!) . You would think one would be treated with respect, let alone decency. Not only were the staff contradicting themselves, not helpful, short & rude, negative, disrespectful and prejudicious but they went out of there way to ruin my entire stay and ended up kicking me out when I went to pay for her day (in A.M.). I have never met or seen such atrocities over the years and will not be recommending this place to anyone!

Pool

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Hidden Fees Galore!

so many hidden fees! $10 to park? the parking situation is terrible! cars bunched up everywhere! the staff was rude, the room was basic, and the bathroom was awkwardly setup. 0/10

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Busy street, older place.
    • Deluxe Suite

Shower head was very low; person needed to be 5 foot to stand underneath the head. Site stated pool was heated. Even with temperature in low 70s, the pool was definitely not heated. We booked a deluxe suite which was to include a sofa/couch. Between Booking.com and the Hotel itself, they were "overbooked" for some rooms. We were given $50 off for one night and a roll-away at no cost which helped; did make the room a bit tight for moving around.

It was close to Universal Studios and grocery store nearby (walking distance).

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

bathrooms are in terrible condition.

bathrooms are in terrible condition. Peeling paint, old rusting sinks. When we were there they had signed a contract for allowing a film to be made in the hotel which went on until very late at night without forewarning the guests. Film crew members were outside our room talking and running up and down the staircase to the second floor just outside our door. The desk clerk said there was nothing he could do about it since they had a contract! I believe a hotel should first and foremost have their guests’ comfort in mind. The general manager did give me a partial credit for the night but I wanted a good nights sleep. I have stayed at this hotel for many years because of its location near my children but each year it has deteriorated more. Never again

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

It was pricey for the accommodations.

Not as clean as I would have liked. Very noisy street because it is on Ventura Blvd.

Centrally located. Staff was really great! I called desk with an issue in the room and they fixed it immediately!

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Really a nice place and great neighborhood for the money
    • King Room - Smoking

I think it's time for the hotel to replace the dirty carpets with flooring they can regularly clean. After walking around in the room barefoot for less than an hour my feet were filthy. This hotel isn't alone for this problem but it was a same because everything else was so nice.

My room was exceptionally comfortable and a great value. Although it was one of the lower priced rooms in the immediate area on Booking, the room was very comfortable and the neighborhood very, very nice.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

It was okay. Nothing to write home about.

The shower and the noise factor was an issue. I think the price was a bit high for the room. But I was in a crunch so I paid. I stayed in better for a lot cheaper.

The bed and the tv

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

See above.

Very old, needs upkeep. Didn't like the idea is a $10.00 per night parking fee nor $100.00 deposit. Wouldn't stay here again. Our son recommend it.

Not much. The second night the man at the desk did give us a better room and was very pleasant Still the rooms are old, the bathroom sink hot water drizzed water. However the second room was much better than the first

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Great location and great coffee!

Check in...they couldn't process the credit card and I don't know if it's their fault or Amex but they called me daily over a nearly 2 week stay...including during a funeral

Great location and great coffee!

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

Decent place to stay. They could update the showers but overall it was worth the money

The price that shows after you book doesn’t include the $10 a night parking fee

The location was great for us because we were going to universal studios and it’s only a ten minute drive.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

Not worth it
    • King Suite

The rooms are nothing like in the pictures. Much smaller, old carpets, smelly, stains on the sheets, it’s more like a below-average motel. Very dissapointed

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Defenetily a excellent customer service.
    • Deluxe Suite

A good and safe naborood everything it's close by for Chopin.

It's a safe area nice place too stay in the future I will defenetyli stay in that same area or the same hotel.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

It was great. Slightly renovated bathroom would go a very long way. Amazing stay all in all.

It was good. Bathroom shower drain was barely clogged the day we entered.

Great staff. Great room. Bathroom needs a little renovation work,but it is nothing to keep you away.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Ownership needs to invest in total renovation since you

Price & quality of overall room. Outdated

Over price for what you get. Overall room , bathroom totally outdated. Paint job is horrible, uneven floor. Paint flaking off wall.Needs a major make-over!!!!

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Never again
    • Deluxe Suite

I don’t even know where to start, we were all bummed out the pool was dark and dirty, when you opened the door to the room there were scratches and dirt all over it( front and back) big stains on the ground, huge stains all over the bathroom, holes in the walls where they moved the curtain rods over, dirty microwave, mirrors were dirty, the tub had a ring around it, we put towels on the floor so we walked on them instead of the carpet, now let’s talk about the hooker next door, the door opened and shut at least 50 times that night, WE WILL NEVER STAY or TELL anyone to go there a matter of fact I would tell them to stay away, I would have expected this from a super cheap hotel but not for this price!!! VERY Disappointed!!!!!

The staff was nice

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Disappointing terrible experience never going back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The king bed was just a king mattress on a queen frame so it was uncomfortable it had a dinghy feel not kept we’ll mold in the bathroom broken bathroom nobs. I won’t be staying there again. The toilet clogged so we had to go to a different room to use the toilet it was cold outside and we had kids so terrible experience.

I was disappointed by the facility it was nothing like the pictures online everything was old and broken tiles broken furniture dirty carpet, loud heating system the toilet clogged easily and they can’t fix it cause is a special toilet.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Nice place to live for short stay !!
    • Deluxe Suite

The room close to street and traffic is annoying at night !!

Location of this hotel is perfect for people staying for Universal And Hollywood. Staff is super helpful.. One of the bathroom was not working at the day of checkout and person at lobby gave us key for another room to use it.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

High quality budget hotel

Wish shower was a little more powerful. Noise through ceiling from floor above.

All staff helpful. Most staff surprisingly friendly too. Great shower.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

They charged $10/night for parking. They do not have the microwave which is the basic need. I booked for a king bed through booking.com, still got queen bed. they told me to talk to booking.com.

Nothing I liked.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

Horrible place to stay.

Continuous street noise at all hours. They charge an additional $10 per day to park on the property. If I had known that I would of booked elsewhere without hidden fees. Parking is also limited and spaces are very tight to get in and out. Also required a $100 security deposit which is refundable after checkout. One of the worst places I have ever stayed.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Our stay worked out okay due to the location and the hotel was clean, but will not return.

The facility is very "tired" - like an old style hotel that had not been upgraded in many years. The plumbing was odd (two faucets in the shower with "H" over the replaced valves still sticking out of the tile), towels and sheets thin, an old mattress, sloppy paint job, etc. There was also rowdy noise until late in the night.

The location on Ventura Blvd. was perfect for our family visit.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Based on price good value

Clearly seen better days almost worn out towels were clean but due a change Overall just very well used

Staff were very friendly and helpful Place was clean

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

It not clean it good n tv need to fixed n we couldn't...

It not clean it good n tv need to fixed n we couldn't watch tv because keep messing it up it was not good weekend there n plus parking is small n hard to find parking

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Convenient location in Studio City.
    • King Suite

The plumbing was slow. The sink drain and toilet were slow, especially late at night. Also the parking here is scary. Very confined spaces and exits meant for small cars, if you have an suv, forget it.

The room was very clean and large enough for two to be comfortable. The housekeepers are amazing. Overall, a fair value.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Exhausted and annoyed.

$10 parking fee, $100 (refundable) deposit, loud street noise, and the belligerent seemingly drunk and/or high man loudly arguing with someone at 1am outside, dropping g F-bombs loud enough to wake up my kids. They could not get back to sleep. The 24-hr desk mgr did nothing but "shush' him, as I clearly heard him reply "don't shush me!" and stomp back into his room, and then slam doors. A bit later he is outside again (the rooms wrap around the pool area, providing great acoustics to hear him even better), ranting loudly. A call to the front desk shut him up for a bit, but was at again around 4am. Needless to say, we didn't sleep much at all. I know the management doesn't have control of people, but could perhaps offer some sort of discount. In the morning when I complained about the multiple disruptions throughout the night, I was refunded the $10 parking fee. I would have rather the room be refunded, as I would have slept better in my car. Was told the GM would call me with my concerns. Haven't heard a thing.

There is a Five Guys across the street

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

A good hotel for a short stay

The rooms were bit small and tight

It was close proximity to restaurants around. A shopping centre was also near by. It also provided tea and coffee at the reception area

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Stay away from this place!

Room was in terrible condition! I've seen better furniture sitting by the road for trash pick-up. They put a large hold for a damage deposit. What could anyone do to hurt a room that already has poorly patched holes in the walls? Staff at check-in was rude. It was so overpriced for being a hotel!

I liked that my car was not stolen from the parking lot.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Fantastic hotel

Fantastic hotel with nice, clean rooms, good working wifi and lovely staff. We loved the short walk to Ralphs and to eat dinner outside in the yard. Parking ok, extra cost of $10. We definitely would come back.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Nothing special.

no breakfast, quite old

Nothing special. It is hotel about 40min-1,5h far from the airpot(depends on traffic), room big enough, quite clean Good location, near to Universal Studio and Observatory

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

i would definately stay there again when they offer special rates
    • King Room - Smoking

breakfast and coffee was not available. coffee was, but not great

there was no breakfast available and the coffee was fair but everything else was excellent. service, staff, cleanliness, location, rooms, etc. was great.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Located near Hollywood and the Universal Studios.

Noisy. No breakfast (they did offer it in the past probably as it is stated in their login page). No coffe machine. No Microwave. They do charge for parking if you do not book with them directly (so we had to pay 10$ a day for our rental car). No elevators, so if you get stuck in 2nd floor you have to carry your bags (no problem for me, but might be for you).

Located near Hollywood and the Universal Studios. Attentive and polite staff.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

It got the job done!

Staff informed us that we paid parking of $10 because we booked thru Booking.com. Walk in or direct bookings don't pay that fee. He said it was a city tax, which made no sense because the walk in was at the same hotel in the same city. The rooms need updating and the ceiling and back of doors needs to be wiped down and they need fitted sheets so they stay on at night. It would have been nice if the hot water worked too. After 10 minutes of running we took luke warm showers.

Convenient location, nice staff.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

Affordable and comfortable for the most part.

The room had a musty smell when we checked in. The bathroom area was a little shabby, the paint peeling off the molding and kind of shabby even though the room was supposed to have a 50's kind of charm. The sheets kept coming off the bed, not fitted so they moved through the night.

The property was clean, the housekeepers are committed to making it a fresh room for the guests. The pool was a good size and looked to be well tended. The staff was courteous and were willing to assist however they could.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Excellent hotel with a very nice staff!
    • Double Room - Smoking

Excellent hotel with a very nice staff! As we arrived, Rick was very very helpful and nice, basically he helped us in everything and was very caring. Love this place!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Stay away

Smelly room Next to noisy street Old and damaged furniture Damaged sink and bathtub Very run down all in all Dodgy people seem to live here permanently

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Noisy place, not comfortable to stay at all.

Very noisy location, just next to the popular street - tsds of cars till 11pm and from 5am. Rooms are clean, but old and neglected.

Close to Uniwersal Studios (20 min drive in the morning)

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Disappointed !
    • Double Room - Smoking

I booked this hotel because it was advertised to have a shuttle to and from Universal Studios however upon arrival the front desk man said that there was only 1 shurrlte at 9 am and 1 shuttle back at 6:30 pm. He also stated that we would have to walk 2 blocks to the sister property to catch the shuttle!

The room was small and bathroom was miniature. No plug in bath to bathe my children and hairs everywhere in bathrooo!

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

Was extremely unhappy with cost and cleanliness.

Staff did not clean room they just made bed and took out trash.. didn't even leave towels. rooms and bathrooms especially need major updating. one morning there was no water then muddy water. Parking is difficult. one way in one way out so you have to back the whole way out. Online said free parking but they charged $10 for first car and $25 for second car for the first night then $10 after. Only way to get ice is to go to the office and ask person at the desk. Way too expensive for what it was.

It was in a nice area

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

I liked The view from the window of my deluxe suite.
    • Deluxe Suite

It was complicated to park my car, the parking is small and too narrow. The bathroom is old and needs to be repaired. Crazy leaking in the bath tub. The smell of my room was like an insecticide.

I liked The view from the window of my deluxe suite. Everything was clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Overall a B+.

There were insufficient linens (towels/washcloths/bath mats) to accommodate the number of guests assigned to the room. There were no washcloths, two bath towels and two hand towels of which one was used as a bath mat for three guests.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Just what I complained above, I guess it was ok
    • King Room - Smoking

The fact that we had to spend money on air mattress.

It was too expensive, for my liking for one I thought we had got a room with King size bed plus a couch, and we didn't had to go out and buy a air mattress. Tried using washer and dryer, couldn't, waited forever for someone to come get their stuff out so had to go to Laundromat. you can hear all traffic. at night.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

I may give this place another chance, being that it wasn't thier fault. I should of told them.

My family is of mixed race. And to hear the people speaking Spanish, drinking loitering at the pool saying "LOS NEGROS" are getting in the pool their kids are NOT getting in now, really hurt. I didn't say anything I just stayed with my kids and watched them have fun. They assumed I didn't speak Spanish.

The kids really liked the pool. Just have to be aware of the people hanging around there. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Office staff helpful.

I would prefer to make coffee in my room instead of walking to reception office to get coffee. Sometimes a little noisy with guests in courtyard until late night.

Office staff helpful. Very happy with a/c in room as temps were high on our stay. Although mattress was hard, room was clean. Pool a bonus for families.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

Studio City Crapyard
    • Deluxe Suite

Staff is rude. Rooms need renovation bad. They will make claims about stains and damage that didn't exist until you stayed in the room to try and justify taking a $200 security deposit. Be adamant about objecting and they'll move on.

The pool is nicely heated and studio city is a decent neighborhood

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Certainly would go again and probably will.

Nothing really, I mean it's not fancy or very attractive, but certainly served the purpose. Oh, one thing is the walls are paper thin and we got to hear the neighbors evening activities....not that wonderful although they seemed to be enjoying themselves. 😊

The place is truly a budget motel so I was happily surprised by how comfortable the beds and pillows were. Super convenient location with morning coffee right across the street and fun shopping and eats within walking distance. Parking was free and always available, major bonus in a town where I spent a ton on parking when we went touring. Big enough room for me And kids not to be on top of each other and small enough property to easily run out to the car for forgotten items, grab some ice etc. Close to freeways and in a very trendy, safe feeling area.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Nice but not the most modern for sure

Old building that has not been updated, so the floors were uneven and the bathroom tile reminded me of the 1950s.

Very sanitary room and very professional staff.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Bathroom really needs to be updated.

The building needs to be updated. Rooms were very old. No parking or tight parking. I would not recommend it to others. For $$$ I paid wasn't worth it at all!!!

Browse Studio City Courtyard Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery