Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Annapolis 3 stars

2451 Riva Road, Hwy.50, Exit 22, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA

#16 of 25 hotels in Annapolis

Overall a pleasant stay.

Again the cleanliness & comfort of room, the complementary breakfast, and the helpfulness of the employees.

The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Nice amenities, including free breakfast in the lobby which included both hot & cold selections. Overall a pleasant stay.

My stay at the holiday inn was comfortable and relaxing.
    • Queen Suite with Whirlpool - Non- Smoking

Nothing that I can think of.

The hotel was amazing.very clean and tidy. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Environment was comfortable and the room was spectacular. Before we entered the room I even inspected it. And I did not find any discrepancies. Will stay here angina highly reccomend.

All of your management and hotel staff were extremely friendly, professional and helpful.

It couldn't be helped, but the view from our window was that of an old graveyard. Not your greatest view, as I was in Annapolis to take my Mother's ashes to the Naval Academy Columbarium. So, it just wasn't what I would have preferred to see.

"David" bent over backwards to help us feel comfortable in every way and answered all my questions, etc. He was friendly, courteous, professional and compassionate and you can be very proud that he represents your company.

i would stay again, i would recommend.

parking though free, was limited and tight. breakfast dinning was small.

Room was cleaned daily and in a timely manner. free breakfast. amenities were adequate.

My stay was rewarding, like being home.

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

My 3 day stay was excellent. Staff very friendly and courteous. Hotel clean. Food was tasty. Jose, Belen, Rachel, and Miriam very attentive.

Front desk people were very nice.

Run down. Room wasn't very nice & there were ants in the bathroom. Wasn't very clean. Just shabby overall.

Front desk people were very nice. Location was convenient.

was fine for the money.

the room space was tight. the bathroom door banged into the tub and obstructed the sink. the bathroom was very tight. Toilet was cheap.

YES. The eggs were ok.

the price was right. clean and comfy.

the entrance from the street into the parking lot was awkward and a bit unsafe because it's on an angle. i almost drove past it.

room was very clean and stylish. the bed was very comfortable.

Comfortable, convenient, and close to the establishment in which I needed to get to in the morning.

I guess this is being picky and I mean nothing negative about it, but I couldn’t cast my tv account from my phone to the flat screen in the room because the TV wasn’t connected to HIE’s Network. Essentially, I could have had all of my stuff from home that I watch, run it on my phone, lay back and watch it on the rooms flat screen if I could have casted it to the screen. Anyway, channel selection was plenty good anyway so it definitely wasn’t an issue. I was surprised that the TV’s weren’t connected to the network.

Everything was perfect. The booking, and check in process was super quick, simple, and easy.

It was a place to sleep

We asked for a late check out and the maid knocked on our door the next day to ask when we were leaving. Very unprofessional

It was a neutral experience.

wonderful

There was some nearby construction early the next morning. Noisy.

The bed was very comfortable! One of the staff members pointed out that there is a tray available in the breakfast area to safely carry my meal to my room. THAT was a blessing! Normally I would somehow barely manage a cup of coffee, juice, and meal down the hallway and back to the room.

Average just alot of issues with money.

The 5 am guest in 210 on a speaker phone conference call for 3 hours yelling beside us. And then the shower not draining and then the cost was supposed to be 116 which is what my email stated when we bought and then was charged 160 and then another charge of 80.

Quiet and peaceful.
    • Queen Suite with Whirlpool - Non- Smoking

The room description via Booking.com was listed as Smoking. The entire hotel is smoke free. Not that big an issue.

The breakfast was very good. Every member of staff we encountered was awesome. Simply wonderful. Had an issue with dirt and leaves in the hallway otherwise the room service was very good and we would stay here again if Annapolis would be our location of choice.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very difficult to find.

Very difficult to find. One small entrance/exit. Sign on roof, none at eye lever. Next to a cemetery. Heating/cooling system not accurate. TV cable disconnected.

We stayed at this hotel due to walking proximity to Town Center.

Our water turned black. Hotel sits literally on lot with cemetery. Active adjacent construction. While some rooms have been renovated the pipes are old! Price gouging on football weekends.

Free washer but only one. Breakfast ok.

Very disappointing
    • Standard Room

Way overpriced fir the accommodations! Food was poor- nothing that would be eaten by anyone who is conscience of nutrition Would not recommend it or stay there again

Met all of my expectations

Nothing, everything was perfect

Front desk receptionist was very friendly and courteous. Room was very clean and the housekeeping department was very exceptional.

4.5
    Served the purpose somewhere to send the night

There were problems with electronic access to my room. Direct TV storms messed up TV reception. didn't like the coffee in my room.

It was close to 3 shopping malls my bank and the room was large. Liked the size of the TV

Price

Breakfast was below average if you're going to do it it doesn't cost much more to have quality products. It doesn't have to be the best but it certainly shouldn't be the worst

Price

Everything was fine,
    • Queen Suite with Whirlpool - Non- Smoking

Room was listed as a smoking room it was not. Was it a bait and switch. We talked to the man in the next room he said the same thing.

Everything was fine,

Good location for easy access to route 50, very clean & comfortable, excellent staff.
    • Standard Room

No complaints, although would've preferred an onsite restaurant / bar, or close by convenience mart.

Enjoyed the breakfast. Appreciated the ease of access as I am mobility-impaired.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

comfortable and convenient

Great access to major interstates. Lots of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

The breakfast was very nice. As our group was leaving quite early, the staff made a point of setting up to ensure that we would have breakfast before heading out. Very thoughtful.

Nice but nothing special.

Very difficult to get to hotel due to one way streets and no u-turns and no left turns. Had to make u-turns every time we came and went.

Price three months in advance was a bargain.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great Service; Great Value; Facilities Audit Needed

The facilities may need an audit. My microwave needed to be moved to another outlet in order to use. Finding ingress to the parking lot takes some patience the first time you try to enter.

David provided excellent service when I checked in and my key did not work and then the tv remote did not work.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good vale for money and tourist needs.

parking is tight, not many slots. not easy to access because of median in road: had to go beyond, find a u turn accessible area to return to hotel. Just confusing the first time round if coming off of I- 95.

close to an upscale mall with lots of nice dining experiences. staff friendly and involved. breakfast average but much appreciated. good value for the money. quiet. literally 5 minutes from a grocery store so nice for late evening munchies. super close to downtown tourist area and naval academy. excellent location for tourist accessibility. numerous family restaurants near as well.

It a good place to stay that is walking distance of restaurants.

It was difficult getting into the parking lot as it was located along a busy street.

The cinnamon rolls were great. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The entrance to the parking lot is from only one direction.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The entrance to the parking lot is from only one direction. You have do turn from the main highway and go down a ways to make a U-turn to come back to the entrance.

Rachel was working at the front desk upon our arrival and...
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Rachel was working at the front desk upon our arrival and was exceedingly helpful throughout the evening as well as next day to accommodate any preferences and take care of any minor issues that arose. Truly wonderful service, worthy of recognition!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great hotel and good area for shopping and restaurants!

Didn't get a local map of the area! The drain in the bathtub was inoperative. The elevator was malfunctioning.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Jennifer! She was very knowledgeable about the area, very helpful and a very sweet lady! The bed and pillows were fantastic! Great location and very quiet! We also enjoyed our free breakfast, especially the pancake machine! We would definitely recommend your hotel!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

It's not luxury..You get what you pay for.....
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The property was located right next to a graveyard.... creepy. I was on the second floor and heard ppl coming in and out of the building. The ding dong from the front door was bad and became annoying. I also heard other ppl running their baths & flushing their toilet. The heat was on in the workout room.... and it was suffocatingly small and stuffy. I had to leave after a few min.

The staff was great and the breakfast was good. The ppl were very friendly and accommodating. The location was in excellent proximity to food and shopping. The suite was functional & spa tub quite loud but it worked.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Holiday Inn Express, ok for express visit

Ramp adjacent to stairway in hallway did not give any caution signs. Almost fell. Someone will fall. I was pushing my luggage and would not have seen this hazard but for someone telling me to watch out! Faucet in bathroom loose, no safety mats in tub without calling front desk, Food was so artificial, juice watered down, vending machine not working, where to get a snack? Ask the front desk? Nonsense, I just waNted to buy a candy bar or soda, couldn't do so by myself. The front desk was average at best for making me feel welcome, the guy at the front desk couldn't properly explain driving directions. He couldn't get what I was saying. I Had to tell him to forget it. Hallways too dark. No nice decorations. Too much dependence on front desk if you needed anything. I'm an independent person.

Flavored coffee creamer.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Nice over night stay

The fact that I asked 4 a late check out and it was set 4 1pm but the morning staff didn't notice and banged on my door at 11:15. Better communication is needed for the staff.

Bed was so comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Good clean hotel good value

Awkward approach to the hotel. Located so that you have to do some circling around.

The gentleman who worked the desk Friday night and Sunday night if my stay was phenomenal

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Nice Experience!

Not a whole lot I can say in the complaint department. I found the rooms to be a tad small compared to other hotels we've stayed in, but it served the purpose. The bathroom though, definitely could've been bigger. The shower curtain needs to be addressed, I don't believe it was long enough. After morning showers, the towel we had laid on the floor to step out on was soaked.

As our daughter is stationed in Annapolis on the Naval Base, we make frequent trips to the area. We will be making this our property of choice going forward! Hands down, the staff was great, starting the moment we checked in. The property itself was nice and quiet. We didn't hear any noise from room to room. The breakfast selection wasn't bad at all either. I especially liked the fact that fresh coffee/tea and hot cocoa was available continuously in the lobby, that was a nice plus!

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Great deal for the $$$! Quiet too!

Need to press/pull hard to get bedroom doors to shut tightly. Also, carpets old.

Comfy bed. Late check out. Fish tank is cool. LG fish plays hide & seek w ya.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Convenient Race Hotel

We stayed there because we had the Annapolis 10K race--breakfast was not available till 7 and our race started at 7

it was quiet and clean. A little confusing on how to get into the parking lot but easy to figure out.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The good and the not so good
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The rate increase on the weekend is not worth it. If you are goong to pay $300 for a room stay in a nicer hotel.

It was pretty clean. They have late checkout and late breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Expensive but overall decent was convenient for our event
    • Standard Room

The baseboards were dusty in the bathroom our room was by the stairwell and the headboard almost came off the wall once

The staff was wonderful breakfast was OK was Halloween weekend was a pumpkin in the Fishtank adorable. Parking was great

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

All in all, very pleased!!!!
    • Queen Suite with Whirlpool - Non- Smoking

The entrance to the hotel wasn't very easy to use. There was only one way to get in and if you were headed the wrong direction you would have to make a uturn up the road and come back.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I really liked the pillows.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Annapolis area is a great destnation and weather was good.Decent renovation of property.

We mostley like to check out at front desk and that process was slower than would like.Best to have at least 2 people available to help process at normal check in and out times.The faucet in the bathroom for sink was loose.Shower water stream was not very strong on most settings.Most rooms do not have a great view outside but we moved to a room not on parking lot side with some trees.

Location to Town Center and other options.Helpful Staff and decent Breakfast.Cost of room rate.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Perfect for a quick hit and run weekend.
    • Standard Room

This didn't bother me and it's not something that can be changed, but people need to realize the entrance and egress can be a little awkward due to the way Riva Road and West Street converge at this point.

I did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet, but did see it; it looked very good for an establishment that doesn't have a restaurant per se. Very comfortable bed and selection of pillows on the bed. Large, comfortable room, very clean. The location right next to Annapolis Towne Centre is ideal. Coffee maker, small fridge and microwave in the room is a real plus.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Great location in Annapolis

A little trouble with the room temperature.

The location is wonderful. Lots of shops, food within walking distance. We had dinner at a BarBQ place across the parking lot: Wonderful!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The bed was very comfortable.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The whirlpool tub looked dingy and dirty, especially around the jets. There was no one cleaning or wiping down tables during breakfast.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Friendly, clean; can't wait to come back

A bigger/ better selection for breakfast! You did a good job but some hotels do it better. But still won't stop me from staying there again (your coffee was excellent)!

The staff was very friendly and the beds were the most comfortable beds we have ever stayed in. Great job! We will definitely be back! We have stayed at pricier hotels in the area but we liked your hotel the best by far! Thank you and your staff

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Friendly staff.

During a rain storm the television signal was interrupted. Perhaps not the hotel's fault, but you don't expect this to happen in the twenty-first century.

Friendly staff. Nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

would stay there again

I could smell cigarette smoke from the time I came until the time I left We left the hotel a day early bc of my asthma being irritated by stale smoke, most likely bc the walls and carpet retain the odors from when it was a smoking hotel

the location and the breakfast was very good

Excellent value with excellent staff.

No pool.

Dion the front desk staffperson was excellent.

Good staff.

The city's traffic pattern unfairly discriminates against this property.

Good staff.

Very close to Annapolis centre

Bed very comfy

Poor quality breakfast pastry.

Poor quality breakfast pastry.

Poor access to areas I wanted to see.

Poor access to areas I wanted to see.

Great shower.

Location was a bit akward.

Great shower. Good breakfast. Bed was a dream. Close to restaurants.

Okay until I had to take a cold shower. Ruined my morning.

Water in shower was cold!

Good value, would recommend

Friendliness of all staff members was exceptional!

Restful

Average breakfast

Good bed

Excellent ! Will be back!!!!

No shower curtain!!!!! Didn't know till I was in there!!!!!

Friendly staff, no hassles! Loved the bed and bathroom....

Close to downtown Annapolis

No complaints

Close to downtown Annapolis

No indoor pool

Everything was nice. I would visit again.

We were there to attend a nephew's wedding

The bathrooms are so extremely small

The breakfasts were great. The staff was so helpful and friendly.

Fav Lil secret spot in Annapolis

Clean comfortable and accommodating

Excellent, good clean room at a great price

It could have had a full service restaurant

Exactly what we expected, a good clean room at a fair price

Satisfactory

Bathroom very tight

Location, breakfast was good. Staff was very helpfull and friendly

Horrible I found candy wrappers in my bed

I found candy wrappers in my bed

The staff was friendly

It was a nice stay.

Rim of toilet was moldy.

Employees and cleanliness of sleeping area.

Bathroom smelled like bathroom pipes backed up

Bathroom smelled like bathroom pipes backed up

Eggs could have been better

Eggs could have been better

Great parking, comfortable bed, friendly staff,

I would like breakfast to have more healthier choses

Great parking, comfortable bed, friendly staff,

bed was comfortable

Coffee wasn’t hot in am or pm

bed was comfortable

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The cost of a one night rental is full price even though I didn’t show up til 11:00pm

I enjoyed myself.

Very comfortable and close to things

The pillows were very comfy

Great staff was very helpful

I would not stay here or every recommend anyone.

The room was hot.. no fan.. no microwave.. outlets didn't work... breakfast was horrible... Tv was acting weird... Small room ...

Have stayed here many times.
    • Standard Room

Have stayed here many times. Never dissapointed. Will continue to stay here in the future.

In room 127@ end of hall next to exit door very noisy.
    • Standard Room

In room 127@ end of hall next to exit door very noisy.