Reviews of Wyndham Garden Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

201 Water Country Parkway, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States of America

#58 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Just OK but lots of things that could be done to make it much much better.

Breakfast was eggs and bacon or sausage daily, with toast on plastic plates and flimsy plastic utensils . They had a laundry room but just a few quarters at the desk so I had to go to the Mall for change. The worst part was they left my dirty towels and my garbage bag open in the hallway all evening and next morning and didn’t resupply my toiletries and sheets on the last day I was there. Also I notified the desk my tv remote back was missing and my TV didn’t work well on the 1st night. It was never fixed in 4 nites.

Location, room size,

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Much more nicer places to choose from in Williamsburg for the money!

You walk into the lobby and it looks like a grand hotel with the piano and high ceilings. Unfortunately, the rooms were very crowded, bathrooms are too small, and outdated. The sink and vanity combo was little for a family of 4 to share. The breakfast is your typical watered down eggs and fake sausage, no toast, pastries or oatmeal, little to choose from. We only had 3 towels in our room and hardly any toiletries. For the price of almost $150 for one night, I would expect more from Wyndham!

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

It was close to Busch gardens the main reason we were in...

The heat didn't work, the ceilings were cracking, and the bathroom wasn't cleaned thoroughly there was still hair in the shower left over from the last guest.

It was close to Busch gardens the main reason we were in town.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Short and ok
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was less than expected. There was eggs sausage and cheap pancakes.. not the greatest

Room was clean and hotel is located soo close to busch gardens

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

The room was a good size.

I was surprised that the breakfast was not included as it is with most every other facility we have booked. I also did not like that we were told that we could pay when we arrived and that we could arrive late yet I got a call while at an amusement park with my family and was asked to provide my card over the phone.

The room was a good size.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Room was ok.

I booked this stay through booking.com. I chose it because of the price and offered free breakfast. When I checked in I was told. The price quoted by booking. com did not come with breakfast. I would have to pay an additional $10.00.

Room was ok.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

The beds were comfortable.

The lock on my door was broken. The staff was rude at times. On Sunday when I asked for a later checkout the front desk clerk told me they didn’t do that but did allow me to leave at 12. I also was told by housekeeping there weren’t any clean wash cloths left! She did go downstairs and find me one bit at first she wasn’t willing to. The point is it was not a very welcoming place to stay or hospitable. I will not stay again.

The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

It was great !

Well when we first came the room was hot. It took a while to a while to cool off. The room had an awful smell in it. Maybe because the air was not on. The bathroom stool seems not to flush at times. It takes a while for the water to get hot. The windows was nasty.

The desk clerks was friendly. Very helpful and helping me with plans as of where to visit. As you enter the Hotel it is beautiful. The cleaning person did a great job. The food was good.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Very close to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.

TV/Cable didn’t work properly but staff went out of their way to fix it and when they couldn’t, gave us a breakfast voucher

Very close to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Super friendly and accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

The room was decent but the toilet didn’t always flush...

One of the side doors was unlocked and the lighting in the parking lot was very poor. I did not feel safe.

The room was decent but the toilet didn’t always flush properly and the refrigerator leaked.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Nice convenient location close to all the attractions in the...

No lights in the parking lot at all it was so dark I had to use my phone as a flashlight. Also there was no ice machine on the 4th floor as stated and the hallway air conditioner unit fell off the wall randomly.

Nice convenient location close to all the attractions in the area

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

The property was really close to bush gardens and pretty...

The pool was nice but could have been cleaner. There was also an ant problem!! I was in room 620 and there were ants all over the the table and rugs in the one corner. I talked to the lady at the desk and she did offer to move our room but since we had just come back from a day at water country and we were checking out the next morning and also on our way out to dinner we didn’t feel like moving all of our stuff and waiting for another room. She offered to send maintenance up to spray ant spray while we were out, which probably wasn’t the best decision but we agreed because we didn’t feel like wasting time on dealing with it. When we arrived back to the room there were still ants, not as many but they were still there!!! If there’s an ant problem on the 6th floor i can imagine other floors aren’t much better. Also, they ran out of towels and they didn’t even tell us or leave a note so we came back to find no towels. When we inquired they just said there are none left and didn’t even mention they were doing anything about it. Good thing we bought some of our own towels. Later on a housekeeper dropped off 2 towels for four people.

The property was really close to bush gardens and pretty much across the street from water country. The hotel was affordable for a family on a budget.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

This hotel is close to Busch Gardens.

My family and I stayed at this hotel because we were visiting Bush Gardens. Overall, I would say that I would rate my stay as fair. The hotel front desk staff could be friendlier. This hotel charges for breakfast. Most other hotels in this hotel's price range include breakfast with the price of the room. Also, this hotel is definitely in need of some refurbishment. There were stains on some of the hallway carpets and the upper lock on my door was missing. Also, The water pressure was low. The television reception was very static and would have short black out moments.

This hotel is close to Busch Gardens. The lobby is well kept. The outside pool is large,

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Easy to get to.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Property needs to be updated. Seems that the owners are only after one thing, Money! Wanted to charge extra if check in before 3:00. Got there at 1:45. Wasn’t paying extra money to check in 1.25 hrs early. Charge $10 extra for breakfast. Hotel had some noise people at 1 am called front desk guy said he was only one there he would get to it when he can. Will not stay here again

Easy to get to. Not congested in the area.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Location to busch gardens and restaurants
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The bathroom sink isnt in the bathroom, the continental breakfast is extra, it was a struggle to get towels daily and the front desk staff was unfriendly at best! Also dead bugs along the base of bed and couch... Yuck!!

Location to busch gardens and restaurants

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

You get what you pay for but it did the job

The accommodations were fair. It was fine for what we needed at the time. Water leaked from the bathroom light fixture into our bathroom floor. Had to ask for a new set of sheets as the ones on the bed did not appear to have been changed. Complimentary toiletries had obviously been used and not changed after last guest.

The location was great to local attractions and the staff was very nice when I had concerns.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

The hotel was so hot it was unbearable and half of our group...

The hotel was so hot it was unbearable and half of our group had to leave so our rooms would cool down. The hallways smelled absolutely disgusting and were so hot it was making everyone sweat just by walking to the elevator. The lamp and outlets between the beds in both rooms did not work. The bathrooms were so hot you could barely breathe and one of the elevators wasn’t even working. Absolutely would not recommend staying here ever again. We stayed due to it being a Wyndham location that some of our group are members of Wyndham and we always book with them due to them always being amazing & never having any complaints. We only stayed here because our usual Wyndham was booked and we could not have been more disappointed.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Clean facility.

Most of Parking lot lights not functioning. Trash by rear door overflowing. When I checked out staff did not have courtesy to say thanks.

Clean facility.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Family is happy with the stay

The breakfast was not good at all. I should have asked for at least 1/2 of my money back. I went somewhere else the next day. I've eaten at Hotels with free breakfast and it was much better.

The price was great and the location was great. I've been coming here for many years, and long time customers should be acknowledged.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

The full beds were more like large twin beds,me and my husband could barely sleep together, house keeping came and replaced the towels but no wash clothes ,when we went downstairs to ask for some she gave us 2 and said that's all they had..we needed 3.. the bathroom was small and the water pressure was low.

The location to bush gardens was nice with target across the street, it was clean, the front desk staff was friendly and nice,the price for 3 rooms was very good,

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

I can do you better then than that AWFUL!!!

The room was not clean the carpet was stained and under the sink, in the entryway, the carpet was pulled away from the wall. I always travel with cleaning materials and lord knows it was needed in this hotel. There were holes in the walls. Please look closely at this review somehow despite my rating it still averages out to a 4,2. Besides the staff, being great the only other thing is this hotel is close to the Waterpark that was the purpose of this trip. We got home free of bug bites can you believe that? My rating is 0.

The front staff was delightful, pleasant, courteous and professional.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Glad our stay was just for 1 night

Bathroom in room was not clean Entire front casing of in-room A/C fell on my foot. Was told we would’ve had to pay a fee of $75.00 to check in 2 hours early.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Close to Busch Gardens

For starts, my two kids and I (3 months and 7 years old) showed up around 10 pm while my husband was about 15 minutes behind us in another vehicle due to working late. We had booked our stay but ended up using my husbands credit card which was with him at the time. I had the confirmation with me. We arrived and I asked if we could check in, told her my husband was 15 mins behind us and he would give her the card (which was already on file) when he arrived. The lady would not let us check in until he got there so she could see his credit card. She already had our reservation on paper right in front of her bc when he got there she picked it up off the desk. I had to sit in the lobby with a tired 3 month old baby and a 7 year old until he got there around 10:20 pm. That’s for starts! The hotel smelled AWFUL due to it being pet friendly. We got into our room hoping it would be better but It was worse. The AC had not been kept on, so the room was muggy, moist, smelly, and it took about 45 minutes for the room to finally cool down. Stains on our sheets. I took a shower the next morning and felt dirty as soon as I got out. The air itself just felt filthy. Breakfast was a joke and I honestly cannot believe they charge for that. Needless to say, we checked out the next morning, happily, and went to another hotel and that was literally the highlight of our hotel experience. We personally would never stay here again.

Close to Busch Gardens

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Sorry...

No air conditioning in the hall rooms, elevators, dining area, check-in area. The air did work in the rooms but wasn't on in one of the two when we got there. The shower head was broken in one of the rooms. The phone was just for looks as it was broken as well and in the other room the lamp between the double beds didn't work. The pool was cloudy with a lot of debris in it. The restaurant sold beer but you are unable to consume it in the restaurant due to them not having a liquor liscence. The breakfast "buffet" should be complimentary as it was most definitely not worth $10.

I liked the convenient location right around the corner of Busch Gardens. The food in the restaurant for dinner was excellent in size and taste.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Bed was very soft, working treadmill in gym, good location...

No hair dryer in room, hair on clean towels, they closed dinner as we were walking up 45 mins before the close time posted and told to us at check-in, found bug in shower with me

Bed was very soft, working treadmill in gym, good location compared to park

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Stay away from this hotel.

They offer free breakfast on website and on booking, but did not. It was $10 a person. Our room didn't provide a phone and it took me several trips to front desk to get our roll-away bed that was an extra charge even after requestion for it on booking at no additional charge. Rather stayed at the budget inn..

Close to bush gardens and water country usa..

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

The name did not precede itself

It is a old building that needs to be renovated. I felt more comfortable outside of the hotel then in!

The Food was good. The location was perfect for Water Country and Busch Gardens..

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Awful!!! Discusting!!! Dont stay here!!!

The staff at the front desk was talking rudely about a guest that just walked away, the lobby was the only nice thing about this hotel, our bathroom had black mold, the microwave had a bagel in it from the previous person(s) and im pretty sure our bed sheets weren't changed!! One of the worse hotels i have stayed at!

The ONLY thibg i liked was that this hotel was close to busch gardens

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

It had a picnic area and the lobby was very aesthetically...

The poor was very small and some of the chairs were broken. The dining hall was very old fashioned and rugged.

It had a picnic area and the lobby was very aesthetically pleasing.

It was overall was o.k.

This is a pet friendly hotel which is fine, but when it smells like dogs in the hallways and a bit in the rooms its off-putting. There also was pet hair on the tv remote. My son found a lollipop that was left on the carpet by the nightstand which was gross.

I enjoyed how comfy the beds were and the check in process was easy. I also enjoyed how close it was to both Busch Gardens and down the street from Water Country.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Picky traveler for life..
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We enjoyed our stay, even though it rained the whole day and we were stuck inside. The window was leaking inside from all the rain and the smoke detector went off randomly, and when we tried to turn it off the cover fell off and we couldn't get it the cover to stay on. When I checked my bank account the hotel charged me an extra $250. I called to see what this charge was for and they said we were charged for smoking in the room. I let the lady know that we do not smoke and I told her about the cover to the detector. She said that I should have reported it and that she would have a manager call me the next morning to discuss it. Nobody ever called so I am out $250.00, hopefully they will use it to repair the window before it falls out. I am surprised at the lack of customer service from such a large chain. You need to take care of your customers and not blame your faulty equipment on your customers to get extra money. My husband and I travel every other weekend and if you had not extorted $250 from us this location could have profited alot more in the long run. WISH I WOULD HAVE REPORTED THAT BROKEN DOWN DETECTOR! Live & Learn.

The lady's at the front desk were very nice. They went out of their way to make conversation, which was nice.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff was very...

The lights in the parking lot didn't work properly. The pool could've been cleaner. Grass needed cutting. We wanted to cook out on one of the grills but the grass was so high the mosquitoes were awful....When we got to the motel it was too early to check-in but the front desk clerk was not very friendly at all. She let us know in a not so nice way we could check in early for a half nights rental. I wish I would've gotten her name to complain. We left and when we returned to check in there were different clerks and they were both very friendly.

The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff was very helpful and polite. It was quiet. The location was convenient to Busch Gardens and Water Country which was the reason for our trip. We even found a grocery store, target, walmart, and other stores close by. The price was a good deal also.

The property was okay.

The first room had a few bugs in the bed. It was 4 of us, we were only given 3 towels and 2 washcloths. We called for more washcloths and was told they were still drying. 2 hours later still no washcloths so my hubby and son had to use towels to shower.

The property was okay.

Comfortable bed ,

Housekeeping knocking at doors before check out time. No room service. No atm machine. Breakfast not good charging 10.00 for what is complimentary breakfast at other hotels. Television fuzzy, no water pressure in shower

Comfortable bed ,

Location is fabulous!

The building seemed way too hot - the hallways, elevators, and common areas were stifling.

Location is fabulous! The rooms have a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker all which make it easier to travel with kids.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

There was no a/c in halls or in room when we checked in. It was July 31 so very hot!! Lamp shade stuck to light bulb on lamp- major fire hazard- broken furniture- staff was not helpful and rude!

Nothing!!! Don’t stay there- don’t trust the looks from the outside or the pics!

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Exactly as described online

The bar would've been an added plus.

It was exactly as described online in the pictures. The rooms were nice and comfortable. It was in close proximity to Bush Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

5.5
    Close to hwy 64

Room to small, did not get cleaned on second day, back entrance was like a sauna when you stepped off of the elevator, and know continental breakfast .

Close to hwy 64

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Decent Location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

When we booked the room, it made it seem like breakfast was included, but it was actually $10.00 per person. There was only an outdoor pool, but booking.com had listed two pools. We stayed on the 3rd floor and our ceiling was leaking from the shower above us, I guess.

The location was decent. It was very close to Busch Gardens and other activities. We were expecting there to be more restaurants around the hotel without having to drive far, but overall, it was a good spot to stay.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Not a restful night. Not true to reviews.

Could not sleep due to yelling, laughing, music, screaming, singing, furniture moving, banging noises. Several people both male and female in the room above ours. I had to call the front desk 3 times. Talk to a man who said he would check the halls. Then he said he didn't hear anything on our hall (7th floor) when I called back he said he would check the 8th floor. By 2:30a.m. they calmed down. We had traveled all night with kids and needed to rest. We booked for the first time at your hotel because of the great reviews but that was not our experience unfortunately.

Close to the parks.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

We weren't there for the hotel, we were there to have a blast at the parks and thats what we did.

The beds are small unless you get a king. The rooms need a face lift. Old carpets and ceiling stains.

The staff were awesome. The beds were comfortable. I like the sink being outside the bathroom. The ac was great, and there were no issues with the hot water running out.

Location was convenience

When booking the room it stated free breakfast with room rate but it meant kids only eat free with paid adults & the breakfast was blah It should of stated all information when booking

Just the location the rooms needs to be upgraded and the safe was broken I noticed after we all unpacked so I had to deal with carrying all valuables to the car

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

The location was really good.

In the main lobby was a drip and floor were wet.. my rooms did not smell to good..

The location was really good.. I was so close to my final destination

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Ok so breakfast is 10 dollars per person.

Ok so breakfast is 10 dollars per person. So breakfast starts at 7am I get there around 7:15 and the food was COLD the eggs the sausage and the potatoes all COLD. They are making you pay 10 dollars for cold food. I will not be staying here again. I have kids so breakfast is important. Besides that in my room had a green stain on the carpet...

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

I will be back for future stays

There was nothing I could say was wrong in anyway

I was very happy with our stay completely. The Hotel was clean from the outside also inside. Smelled so nice from the time you walked in. The staff ere very friendly and got us checked in fast. Our room was clean and had pleanty of towels. And the beds were comfortable as well as plenty of pillows. I plan on using this Hotel again in the future. The price was good for the stay

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Never coming back

The staff was super rude. The lost a package i received by mail. Offered services that they can’t give. Some of the ice and vending machines were broken and stole my coins. The worst experience i’ve ever had. Never coming back. The front desk staff were helpless.

Nice facilities on a good location.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Breakfast each morning with coffee my favor.

Could be more updated and the bath tub wasnt clean as frequently as the staff came in to change sheet. Nice staff but if you didnt have a do not disturb in the morning, they would knock frequently.

Breakfast each morning with coffee my favor. Good company as far as the other lol which was staying there and my kids enjoy the pool. Refrigerator was huge that was a plus.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Would definitely stay here again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There were no restaurants near the property. They were maybe a 5 to 10 minute drive away. Not too bad.

The hotel was clean and well taken care of. The staff were very friendly. The room was a nice size, had a fridge and microwave if needed. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Toilet stopped working in bathroom , no one came to repair.

Toilet stopped working in bathroom , no one came to repair. Light was out in bathroom the day before. Someone did repair the light. I attempted to make a call to room service and there wasn’t a phone in the room, it had been removed but the cord was on the floor to the phone. The desk arm chair cushion fell off when I sat at the desk. Won’t stay there again.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Suitable

Poor quality breakfast there was not a lot to choose from and it was the same thing everyday. There was no lighting at night in the parking lot on the side of the building, and a hot tub/ jacuzzi would have made my stay very very comfortable. The air conditioner in room 623 didn't seem to get very cold, and the bathroom was very hot and small.

The staff was very nice, pleasant, and very helpful. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

NEED TO CLEAN AND UPDATE THE HOTEL

SHEETS WERE DIRTY, POSSIBLE BED BUG ENCOUNTER, STAINS ON EVERYTHING (TOWELS, SHEETS, CURTAINS, SHOWER). AC DID NOT WORK. IT WAS VERY HOT EVERYWHERE WE WENT. NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE

THE FRONT DESK STAFF WAS VERYYY FRIENDLY AND MADE EVERYTHING WORK,. POOL HOURS WORKED FOR MY KIDS

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

My stay was very well pleased and Pleasant. I suggest you have a car or get a rental

I think they should promote the restaurant A little more .. and have activities for the children there. Yes there is a pool but after a while my children wanted to do something else . They should also provide shuttles to and from the parks for people that don’t drive . I spend so much money on ubers I wouldn’t have mind spending a one time payment for a shuttle.

The staff was very nice, the hotel was clean and quiet. If I needed anything the staf was fast with whatever I ask for .

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

We found this to be a value priced hotel that was clean, safe and had a friendly staff.

The bathroom was confined space, tight.

We used as stopover on our way to Otter Banks and spend a day with our two kids at Busch Gardens. Staff was extremely friendly, room was basic but clean and for our needs we thought it was a great value.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Great experience...we will return.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Some confusion about charges for breakfast...no charge one day next day $15 per room. However, breakfast well worth $15 per room charge.

Food was exceptional. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant Saturday evening...best cheese steak ever. Moderately priced as well. Great pancakes and eggs for breakfast each morning. Staff was very warm and welcoming.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

The pool and staff were nice and it was very convenient for...

The hotel could really use some updates and general maintenance. The breakfast was okay but selection was very limited and they were out of items. The dining rom had ants and was not very clean.

The pool and staff were nice and it was very convenient for our plans. The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

It was fair, rooms was stuffy, telephones did not work at...

Location, dirty rooms, it is need of a facelift, paint, carpet need replaced, exercise room was a joke, they just took a regular room and tried to turn it into a fitness room, 3 Little shaky treadmills.

It was fair, rooms was stuffy, telephones did not work at all. One room had a big hold in the ceiling over the bath tub, bath tub was completely dirty. We really need a refund

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Would recommend again but need to make sure you say no free breakfast.

Had on website free breakfast but when I arrived you had to pay. Had hardly anything to eat for seven days.

The staff exceed my expectations and over all it was very clean except the pool was dirty from bugs. Room very clean and very clean the whole time I was there.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Rooms and pool are clean , restaurants downstairs food is...

Rooms and pool are clean , restaurants downstairs food is good also.. great customer service and great hotel staff . I would bring my family back to stay again

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

I'm already planning to return.

It's an older hotel, but is priced accordingly. Decent hotel room for the rate.

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is an older property, but the room was clean and comfortable. I was looking for a reasonably priced room and feel like the hotel was exactly what I expected. Although I expected bagels and muffins at breakfast but was pleasantly surprised to find eggs, bacon and pancakes. My daughter and I both said we would return.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Get what you pay for

Beds and pillows extremely hard and in need of replacement. Hairy towel that was supposedly clean and water bottle left in freezer in the room. Room moldy smelling and still smelled of cigarettes when years after converting to all non smoking.

Staff was friendly. They fixed the shower head issue immediately. Easy check in and check out. The housekeepers were friendly and did a good job freshening up the room.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

For $70, it was the perfect place to lay our heads after a long day at Busch Gardens.

Most of the lights didn't work. Write up said breakfast was included but confirmation specifically said no meals included. Paid for breakfast and it was awful. Arrived at 9:45, the food was cold, they were out of many things (including condiments and cereal) and the staff removed everything at exactly 10:00. TV was small and the bathroom vent was very loud.

Very affordable. Convenient to Busch Gardens and Water Country. There is a restaurant, bar, small gym and a pool. Beds were small but comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Great location!

TV was not working when we checked in. Keys left in room from previous occupants and refrigerator full of old food. Light bulbs missing from 2 lamps and no safe key.

Staff was friendly and promptly took care of maintenance/housekeeping concerns. Beds were very comfortable and AC worked well. Wonderful location for Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

The room had a very stale smell when we first walked in.

The room had a very stale smell when we first walked in. The curtains were old fashioned, the sink is not actually in the bathroom, it’s in the room like right across the from the bathroom door.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Location close to everything we needed.

I have a toddler so picked this location because of the onsite restaurant. When I went to go ask they said it opened at 3. Waited for an hour for them to tell me that normally he chef gets there around 3 but don’t open till 4ish or whenever the chef was ready. How do you not open or have fixed hours. I had to go out and eat. Ended up eating at chili’s. When I got back around 4:30ish the restaurant was still close but happy hour was going. Disappointed because wanted a local burger from a non chain restaurant.

Location close to everything we needed.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Great bargain and amazing staff!

Lobby was very elegant, but rest of the property didn't really live up to that. Pool and pool area were filthy, and entry to the pool through the restaurant/bar area is awkward and dangerous.

The staff was wonderful; very accommodating and super friendly. Really enjoyed that it was the same crew all weekend; just made it feel less like an anonymous hotel stay. Loved that we were five mins from Busch Gardens and even less from Water Country!

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Convenient location for trip to Water Country.

Air conditioner didn't really cool the room, making it uncomfortable to sleep.

Convenient location for trip to Water Country. Good price for the room.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

You get what you pay for...

The sink being outside of the bathroom was weird and the counter space very small. The hotel itself did not have the air conditioning running throughout the hotel although it was over ninety degrees outside. When we entered into the room, the A/C was off so it was very hot. Hotel staff knew we were coming so they could have turned it on. What can ya do? Each room does have its own unit. The tv channel quality was awful. The remote would skip channels and only halfway work. The channels themselves would skip, become delayed and they were all fuzzy. All of the trash cans around the hotel were very small and there were lots of guests the time we stayed so the trash piled up quickly. The trash bags were very flimsy and ripped easily. The pool is obviously located outside....unfortunately you have to go through an enclosed smoking lounge to get to the pool. Not good when you have kids you’re traveling with and have to go through a room of smoke to get there.

My family and I checked in about 7pm and it was getting busy. The front counter staff was pleasant enough. Signed everything and was given two room keys. Asked for the eighth floor but was only given the fifth. Two elevators on either side of the building with plenty of entry points. Entered the room and first thought was how small the room was-two full size beds, sink on the outside of the bathroom (?), a desk, swivel business chair and another chair, credenza with a tv and a refrigerator out of sight. Nice thing was that the room also had a microwave. The pool was fantastic being that it was so extremely hot the three days we stayed. The safe located in the room was broken so nothing could be stored in it-oh well. The bathroom, as stated, was small and in need of repair. The vent was filthy and the shower/tub area looked like it was poorly repaired. It still did what it was supposed to do and was large enough to maneuver around when showering. Added bonus was the massaging shower head. Nice after a long day. The hotel is situated, oddly, on a one way road. There is a Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Best Buy in a little shopping area in front of Water Country but you’d have to drive two minutes down the road, onto the highway and then back onto Water Country Parkway just to get across the street. Like I said, odd. Oh! If you’re staying for a couple of days, make sure you bring quarters for the laundry facilities. It only takes quarters and there are two washers and two dryers - they both start at $2.00 each. There is no change machine and make sure you bring your own laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Breakfast was decent: eggs, bacon, potatoes, juices, coffee, milk, bagels, toast/bread, cereal, yogurt. It costs just over $8 if you don’t get it with your room, but I don’t honestly know if they check who has paid or who hasn’t. They give you a card upon check-in but no one asked to see it or verify. All in all it wasn’t a bad stay.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Not a bad stay, although it could have been better.

Room could have been cleaned better. Upon arrival in the room, the toilet had paper in it and needed to be flushed. We also noticed hair that did not belong to us in various places in the room. The water heater needs to be replaced. It took forever for the shower to get hot. I was also not fond of the small sink and it being outside of the bathroom.

Location was good with being close to Busch Gardens. Some areas of the hotel were renovated. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

The hotel was overall very nice. Close to Busch Gardens as we were there to enjoy the park.

Phone in the room was broken and no dial tone upon arrival. Reported it to the desk the next morning, but that evening when we returned to the room, phone had not been replaced. Absolutely no local area or hotel info in the room! I checked all the drawers and nothing. We had our cell phones, so was able to make phone calls/google area restaurants, etc...

Breakfast was very good. On the first morning (8:30 am), I had to report to the desk clerk that the coffee and milk were gone. A woman came out and took care of the coffee/milk. She was very nice and did go around checking the other food items and clearing/cleaning tables. No muffins on first morning, but plenty on the second morning (8:15 am).

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Staff was exceptional, breakfast was good and price was good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Saw ants in the dining room. Bed pillows were flat, not enough space where the sink is located to store toiletries, don't like sinks outside the bathrooms. Location was a little far from the outlets.

The breakfast was excellent! The bed was just ok but room was clean and nice size room. Staff was very friendly and continously cleaning the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Front desk staff was friendly.

It was dirty, old and outdated, the price was too much for how neglected it was. I would have been better off in a motel 6.

Front desk staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

My stay was very, very comfortable an relaxing.

The property was very clean and well kept. Did have a problem with a stopped up tub drain but, it was taken care of within 15 minutes. Very good.

I enjoyed the comfort of the room and the quitness of the hotel even while the school kids there. Your staff was very generous, kind and helpful. Very good no excellent costumer services.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Overall good experience

I didn’t like that my room was not cleaned every day.

The breakfast was good but the o.j. Was watery and they ran out of bread and milk a few times.other than that it was great.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

This hotel was horrible. Staff were unfriendly and not resourceful. Bugs in my room and lights not working to the point where I had to leave the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

This hotel is a great stay for the price.

Some of the technology is outdated: the phone, one of the lamps went in and out (room #507), so I'm concerned about safety if it isn't replaced, and one of the elevators was out of service.

I love the price and location.

Browse Wyndham Garden Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area Traveler Photo Gallery