Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Long Island/Copiague 2 stars

10 34th Street, Copiague, NY 11726, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Copiague

6.2

• King Room - Smoking

The room smell like there was an animal in the room and I feel someone let it use the room as a bathroom 🤦🏽‍♀️that’s how bad it was! I have stay here before and I didn’t want to make a big thing because there was absolutely no one‘s there available and it just was a headache so I just dealt with it anyway I like the hotel I just wasn’t happy that particular time when I stay there with the room !

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floor outside room was muddy. There was a light rain, but both entrances to the hallway were concrete. Room was not clean. We found beer bottle caps & other trash in the floor. Coffee maker was so filthy I don't think it could be cleaned & probably needed to be thrown away! 2 adults & an 11 year old in room. Refused request for additional shampoo. Gave additional towels begrudgingly. All outlets were in use except for one on a lamp. I'm handicapped & had specifically asked for a downstairs room in my reservation. ALL of their downstairs rooms are single beds - something I should have been told before booking over a month in advance & asking questions by phone!! Breakfast was not good. Cereal was Raisin Bran or plain corn flakes. Milk for cereal was warm. Yogurt (Activia), bread with butter (no jelly or...), or make your own waffles were also available. Coffee, OJ or apple juice was available to drink. Need more breakfast choices - especially cereal. The biggest info conveyed to potential guests should be the complete lack of handicapped accessibility!!! This should be made clear that the rooms with more than one bed are all upstairs & there's no elevator! The guy informed me I don't look handicapped. Well, physical damage from 4 strokes & a car accident (not to mention my docs) begs to differ! Maybe some sensitivity training is needed?

Very little! With a reservation it was 20 minutes to check-in. No, there was nobody in front of me.

This place is a dump. The non-smoking room smelled like cigarette smoke. The sheets were stained, had cigarette burns, and a pubic hair. I was concerned if they had been washed or not. The bed was old enough that the springs were noisy and the middle of the mattress dipped in. I get that prices are higher in this area, and so this is a "deal". Next time, I'll just pay for a more expensive place so I actually get some rest.

The location was good for what we needed. Staff was polite.

• King Room - Smoking

They charge you $15.00 an hour to extend your stay. I don't mine paying but i think that's high. I stay there every month.

Convenient to shopping locations

• King Room - Smoking

I could hear the people next to us having sex all night thin walls and the bedding so old fashioned everything below basic and old fashion felt like the 90s

I prefer my pillows to be fluffy not flat. Someone in an adjoining room was smoking weed one night and I could smell it in my room. Other than that, it was about what you would expect - clean bathroom, clean room, enough towels and hot water. Fridge and microwave were handy to have. Could have used a desk lamp but no biggie.

• King Room - Smoking

TV was working but always had a strange message on screen when changing the channel. Heavy smell of pot smoke outside some of the rooms. Not the greatest Days Inn. Kind of like a "Dive bar" but a motel. Not worth the price. Just under $200.00 for two days.

• King Room - Smoking

Again there is nothing to look at.. If you're lucky enough to get an end room then your window faces the end of the building with a lovely view of the dumpster.

There isn't anything nice about it... You over look a parking lot that is shared with another business. The whole place is an eye sore.

• King Room - Smoking

I had to pay for an extra bed even though it clearly states one free one for any children under 16 and he was but I still paid 10 extra each night for it. I got a non smoking room with blankets that had cigarette holes in it

The waffle machine

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

That it was the last room available in Long Island. Other Than that lets just say I had to put a protector on the toilet seat before using it. Not a pleasant property to stay at.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staffs were very rude. I decided to extend my stay and lady staff was very rude about having me get a room just because I booked online and not with her. A male staff insisted in coming in my room while in there to see if weed was being smoked in my room. I also was disappointed with room service because they came in my room early in the morning even after I had the "do not disturb" tab on the outside of my door telling me to check out when it wasn't even the day for me to check out.

Breakfast is decent. I like the options given for breakfast.

Stairs and no elevator!

Room was small but okay. Not luxurious but okay. Hotel is more of a motel type that Days Inn has elevated to a hotel status. Other than that, staff was extra helpful and courteous. Location was easy in and out. Quiet street. Loved our stay.

• King Room - Smoking

There's no body there to help me, I booked a smoking room by mistake, because I don't smoke, they couldn't help or switch me to a different room👎🏾

Just the free parking

• King Room - Smoking

holes in sheets, poor quality furniture. Needs more sound proofing. You can hear every noise coming from the surrounding rooms

did not eat the breakfast, Yes, it was free, but too many good places to eat with much better and larger choices

• King Room - Smoking

Nothing This is the worst place I have ever stayed. I took photos of the room for proof. Very high crime rate area on a back road when you put in the gps it is the wrong address on the web site on a dead end road. When you go to check in there is bullet proof glass. We asked for an extra pillow the first night they where so flat and we got told by the person at the desk that the maids had left and we could not get one never heard this at any other hotel. The vent in the bathroom was falling down. I had to fix the shower head to get it to work the blanket had a two and three inch burn holes in it yes we where in a smoking room but I have stayed in many other hotels that allow smoking and they keep up on things like this. Also a suggestion to the hotel please use ozeum it eats all smoke particles so you room smells pleasant to the guest that check in. It event had an odd smell.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood was a little seedy. The desk man was behind bullet proof glass. Enough said.

The food was okay for a free breakfast. The coffee was good.

I did not like the bulletproof glass at the counter. Big Turnoff. We booked a non-smoking room. As soon as my girlfriend and I walked into the room, it wreaked of smoke. Since we were only staying for 1 night my girlfriend and I decided we would stay in that room, however I made the staff aware immediately of the smell. Staff was very friendly.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The couch in the room was disgusting- stained and dirty . Outdated decor- curtains were dirty and didn't work. If there was a room available within 50 miles, we would have left. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy sheets and a blow up bed for my son to sleep on and new sheets for me to lay on. The hotel is located in an odd area out of the way and very creepy to pull up to at 9:00 pm.

• King Room - Smoking

They tried to charge my card before I ever arrived on site and called me during the middle of torrential downpour to tell me I had 30 to get there or they were giving my room away. I explained that the card number was temporary and that I had the new card with me and that I was under the understanding that no charges would be made until I arrived or just did not show up.

The room was clean.

• King Room - Smoking

Bed sheets had burns all over them, actually most of the facility things had cigarette burns all over them ice bucket bed carpet sheets. And the so called breakfast was not worth the money, id either paid that extra 30 a night to stay in Manhattan next vacation

The air conditioning system and a few of the staff were nice overall it was ok

• King Room - Smoking

Breakfast could be better. I would have liked to have more fruit selection.

Staff was very nice. The room was comfortable. Location is great for traveling.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They put us in a room right next to the staff closet. When we arrived the room wasn't ready. We went out and came back an hour later and the front desk told us that the maids had finished with the room. He checked us in and we head to the room only to find out that they had not started the room when the front desk said that they had and we're currently cleaning it. They told us they would be done in 10 minutes and after 20 minutes I complained. Since we found a roach in the room later that night it clearly was not cleaned very well. Upon check out, which we checked out early because I did not want to spend one more minute in that room, I reported the bug to the front desk clerk and the maid, who had been behind the front desk, had the nerve to give me an attitude.

One of the office women were on the phone at breakfast talking very loudly without concern for others in the room

Decent breakfast, close to where I needed to be and pretty quiet too.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• King Room - Smoking

When I arrived I was told I did not have a reservation, even after I gave them my reservation number. I eventually had to pay more than what my original statement was. I was told that no rooms were available then watched another individual come right in and pay more to get a room, then a family member came in and had to pay $170 for one night in a MOTEL... it was just a terrible place

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

We got charged more than what we booked the room for the second night I paid more for a bigger room that I booked and did not receive the room I paid for... Place seemed sketchy with alot of bad activity going on.i definitely would not recommend this place to anyone that has children with them . The rooms were very small

The staff were friendly, location was close to a lot of businesses and they have a small contenental breakfast that is good

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Room service was nosey looking all in the room while i was in there... Totes unprofessional

I didnt receive my breakfast! Wasn't told if i was supposed to go down to get it or not

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The eggs were great the room for 6 ppl was ridiculous it was so small if it wasn't so late and my children weren't so young i would have definitely gotten my money back

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The breakfast ran out, our room wasnt touched 2 of 4 days. When I went to check out the guy said we were all set, and I have had several phone calls and emails saying we did not show up. The TV channels did not come in well.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I asked specifically for non-smoking. The room smelled like smoke and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. Room door was open before we entered.

Staff was very friendly and professional Television was nice. Convenient location

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Very no-frills. No comfortable chair. No plug for desk lamp. Man at desk did not want to give us a receipt because he said we booked the room online (I believed we had just reserved the room online.). Not a great neighborhood.

It seemed clean. Location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The Staff was so-so... upon checking in the guy was ok, but the lady there was mostly on her phone, quick and snobbish!!! We didn't pick a non-smoking room so I guess mines was a smoking room, it smelt horrible. I believe they charge if you want a non-smoking room. Shouldn't it be the other way around!?!

Location is great! This is about the best thing with this hotel. Definitely not the worst but passable. Good Luck!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Reception area which is the same for breakfast, very small and tyni. Rooms are noisy due to the parking spots in front of each room.

Location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• King Room - Smoking

That I complained that my neighbor was doing drugs and made my room smell terrible, their solution was for me to pay a cleaning fee for the room they had given me. Which all I had done this far was sit on the bed....I can't even make this up.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Deluxe King Suite

The room was dirty and wreaked of a disgusting smell. The sheets and blanket were dirty as well as the towels. The fridge did not work.

The staff was friendly !

Basic hôtel, not good not bad

Basic hôtel, not good not bad

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The facility is a bit tired and space limited. Staff nice and people tried to make us at home.

Every moment

People were being so loud playing loud music while we were trying to relax at 12 am midnight it wasnt a good stay

Burn holes in blanket of non smoking room Ice machine broken Duct tape holding dresser together

The bed was comfortable

Nothing really close by.

Very comfortable. Free breakfast was delish.

quiet place to stay

The entire stay

Leaving

• King Room - Smoking

Sheets were dirty and they didn’t let me get breakfast

meh

meh

• King Room - Smoking

Noise always loud next door to me

Smelled very clean. Near Big Lots and a Liquor store,

Newer towels. Cleaner bed sheets and pillows.

Convenient location. Friendly staff. Nice rooms.

• King Room - Smoking

The walls in my room were disgusting

Breakfast was great

TV did not work at all past 12am went to bed woke up at 6 still no tv

Breakfast was good

• King Room - Smoking

Breakfast, odd parking in back

Well lit, felt safe, communicated well

• King Room - Smoking

The smell of marijuana coming from another room

It was clean and a good location

• King Room - Smoking

The room reaked of smoke

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The breakfast sucked!!!!! They need to step up breakfast all the way down to the juice!

Love cleanliness of the place and employees very nice!

• King Room - Smoking

The breakfast could use improvement.

Comfort, cleanliness, convenience, and helpful staff.

Na

Na

Prostitute zone

• King Room - Smoking

Wasn't enough bath towels, bathroom wasn't very clean first day, and room smelled really bad.

Staff were very friendly.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Very nice room. Comfortable bed. Good breakfast.

direction poor, hidden behind stores

room was clean and comfortable

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Non smoking room smelled of smoke.

Nice bathroom with tub, plenty of drawers and closet space, free wifi

The blankets were not very warm and the pillows were too high and too firm.

The shower was absolutely wonderful. The water pressure was perfect!

• King Room - Smoking

Lack of iron board and iron in my room, certain staff poor customer service.

I liked the size of the room and bathroom

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

did not know it was a smoking room had to be moved

The staff was excellent.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

New apple juice I told the staff didn't do anything about it, Nee fresh oatmeal appear to be left over! Not enough put out no iron in the room.

• King Room - Smoking

The room stinked of cigarettes. I had to wash anything i brought in there with me.

Staff was nice.

• King Room - Smoking

There was a cigarette burn in the bed sheets and breakfast ends at 10am.

The room was very clean and had towels, soaps, shampoos and a working A.C.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Bathroom was leaking water through wall tiles.

Close to where I had to work

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Nothing bad

Quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Area

Staff

it was in a dead end so I was a little creeped out at first.

It smelled clean like soap

Not much to not like.

The size of the room was awesome.

• King Room - Smoking

The water pressure in the shower. It was very low Need place to server the breakfast

The carpet was very clean.

• King Room - Smoking

It was not that clean when I got there but it did the job.