Reviews of Daytona Beach Regency By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

400 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#36 of 106 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Went to see my sister, glad I did. Would not stay there again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

No restaurant, kitchen drains smelled like rotten food, bed was lumpy and pillows almost smothered me. Did not sleep well. Hand held shower nozzle started to fall apart as I was showering.

What eggs? More than enough room for one person. Kitchen very well equipped.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

No worth the money
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Tub wasn't clean, ice bucket was missing with no replacement on site, and the wifi was poor.

Being close to the beach was nice and the bathtub was as well

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Everyone else and facilities was 👍 great!
    • Studio (2 Adults)

I spoke with Booking.cust serv. ( whuch was wonderful😀) and you have record. I had to put an employee on my booking ..(see you revords/notes( Re:Shannon Rogers) the lady was rude ...if that was policy fine but she was nasty and mot even one smile of any sort just a real look and act of super..B.&*%÷!!!

Everyone else and facilities was 👍 great!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Everything about my stay was wonderful.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Everything about my stay was wonderful. From the time I walked into the front doors til I left. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The room was absolutely clean, beautiful, and the bed was super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great Property...Even Better Staff!!!
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Good location. Decent price. The pools and hot tubs were GREAT! The best part of this property is the tremendous staff!! Everyone was friendly and helpful. Stay here...you won’t regret it!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Don’t stay here

In general wasn’t happy

Our room look directly at their garbage bins with no lids. All we seen was garabage. When I asked for a return of some money we were denied. Nobody once ever came and did room service. Never was our bed made, nobody brought towels, and we would have to go find someone for towels daily and toilet paper.

Nightmare weekend break - timeshare pressure and loud building works.
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

Reception staff gave my son a card saying free gift and told to collect from Porter desk. They offered the kids snacks and chance to be VIPs. All we had to do was attend a presentation which was a timeshare. Took over 5 hours and talked into agreeing a sampler programme which we agreed to and told we could use anywhere. Once monies were paid the printed off contract which was totally different to what we had been told. Told them then and there that we would not be able to use it as it would mean travelling back to USA within two year, but told we would have to write to headoffice to cancel. Spoilt our weekend away as paid over £3000 for something that doesn't met our needs. Trying to cancel agreement to get money back but a nightmare. On top of this a giant construction of an hotel is taking place next door and noise was constant from 7am. Really noisy.

Pool area was nice and so was cocktail bar and beach.

Everything.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Everything. The staff were beyond amazing, the rooms were nicely decorated, very clean, quality bed. Nice amenities. One of our absolute favorite locations we've stayed, will definitely return.

I did enjoy my stay and would stay again but would choose a room facing the ocean.
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

Room faced new building construction and on last day Monday construction began during middle of early morning hours and continued until rest of day. finally, gave up trying to sleep and got up at 6am. Previous two nights were fine. Sat out on balcony and enjoyed partial ocean view and sound of ocean. Was not told about room facing new building construction at check in. I feel I should have been told about that and that construction would be going on.

Location proximity to beach ocean. Tiki bar, food, and fire ring. Fitness room.

Stay here but never in an efficiency
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The efficiency was ridiculously small hotels have more space! No counter space, small queen, a stupid jacuzzi which should be removed and bunk beds add!

Stayed here before in a one bedroom which was great

Relaxing in a friendly environment close to the pier.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The full size bed in the effiency rooms are hard as a rock. We won't sleep in the efficiency rooms again. They heated the outside pool for a day which was awesome. But then told us it was heated by mistake and the next day it was too cold to swim. Too bad everyone seemed to enjoy the heated pool.

Close to the pier. Staff is the best we have encountered!!!

It was revolting.
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

I paid top price for this room. Despite my credit card being on file, $100 "security deposit" was demanded. I also had to sign my life away agreeing to their conditions of stay. NO HOUSEKEEPING PROVIDED. I did not see mention of this when I made my booking. They offer housekeeping to guests who can endure 5 night's stay and then the bathroom and kitchen are not included.

The undercover parking garage.

Decent, but could have been much better
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Spa tub to actually hold water and windows that didn't leak. Parking isn't very good, not many spaces.

Friendly staff. Room had kitchenette with all the amenities, even laundry detergent.

Terrible
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

The front desk clerk had no knowledge of system and took over an hour to find our room after booking was not received and manager was rude and did not even attempt to solve the problem

Will book again
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Beds could be a bit more comfortable. I could not sleep all night. It's on the pricey side.

The place was clean and beautiful. It was right on the beach even though most rooms have obstructed view.

Showed up expecting to be checked in without any hassle had...
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

Showed up expecting to be checked in without any hassle had prebooked and got told I wasn't in there system had to wait almost three more hours to be given another room from someone who luckily checked out early and was charged more even though it was there systems fault

Once in a lifetime trip!
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

- Location (literally on the beach) - The tiki bar was awesome - Pool was literally right next to the beach - Concierge was very helpful and informative - Proximity to the boardwalk and Ocean Center was a huge positive. (Within walking distance) - Front Desk and Housekeeping were very responsive - Parking garage under the property was also a huge plus

We enjoyed the beach and pool area.
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

Our room smelled like must and mold really bad because of the hurricane. We complained and they only sprayed strawberry scent in the vents. Friends of ours had a room on the other side of the building and it didn't smell at all and they could use their balcony. We could not use our balcony because the construction was so loud and overbearing. They started about 6 am and worked until about 5:30 PM or 6:00 PM every day and Saturdays.

We enjoyed the beach and pool area. The boardwalk was beat up and small, but areas were nice. They tried very hard. The DJ was fun at night and the tiki bar was nice. The suite would have been wonderful minus the smell and the noise.

Very relaxed guest
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

Nothing. Everything was excellent .

Location, set up of apartment, activities to do, and a very friendly staff from checking in to checking out.

Loved the location and the pool!
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

For the price it would have been nice to offer umbrellas and chairs for the beach and continental breakfast.

Loved the location and the pool!

Amazing

Couldn’t fault anything

Everything from the fabulous staff to the room quality and location Great experience will be going back

• One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

The check out time is to early. There is construction next door.

Very good.

Close to the bars and restaurants

Time share hotel, room is only cleaned every 4 days

Close to the bars and restaurants

I loved how close to the boardwalk it I's!
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The tub was dirty when we used it. Really gross.

I loved how close to the boardwalk it I's! Great location!

Fair
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Only problems were the loud noise from the pump in the construction next door

Really nice hotel and staff
    • Studio (2 Adults)

There was a building site next door but it did not ruin the stay.

Staff Nice rooms

Enjoyable day at the beach. Beach music and fireworks were a plus.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Ocean Front room was great!....The balcony was great for watching the fireworks! Tiki bar lunch and drinks were good...extra ice was nice.

Definitely didn't get my moneys worth.
    • One-Bedroom Suite 2 adults + 2 children

Literally everything. Staff was rude. Hotel was gross.

Everyone was rude. will never go there again or recommend.

Evvitren

Evvitren

Value for money

Construction work next door

Value for money

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

First day of newly renovated facility!

Wifi didn't work

Newly renovated

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

The staff and location were fantastic.

My bedroom at home is bigger. Was not what website shown, Ask manager about this. She said that corporate knew it was misleading. The first time in 20 years going to BIKE WEEK that we had no balcony to watch the "STUFF" We asked about why we got such a small small room and the reply was "There is only 2 us. The bigger rooms were for 3 or more people and then you get the balcony" For $1250.00 for 4 nights the worst room experience we have had no matter where we stayed. We ended checking out early. Did not even ask for some refund as knew "Corporate will not allow". The sales people did not leave us alone. inside ,outside ,beachside , on the street, everywhere. We are appalled Diamond International would allow this. I contacted Diamond International and they said "oh well". Please email me as I would like to discuss this before you book your stay there.

The staff and location were fantastic. Great beach access and nice pool area. Underground parking and bike wash area was an asset.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

We came for New Year's Eve but arrived on the 30th.

We came for New Year's Eve but arrived on the 30th. The front desk staff was terrific and very accommodating to make sure we got the rooms that we wanted. Everyone at hotel was very friendly. Our one bedroom suite had a beautiful view of the city and ocean view as well. Ask for the North side of the building upper floor for best view. We were on the 10th floor and loved sitting out on the balcony hearing the sounds of the ocean waves. Loved sitting out at night by the fire pit. Nice walk on the beach distance to get to Main St. for NYE celebration. Will definitely be back!!!!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

Quite

I didn't like the fact of me checking in I was racial profile soon as I walked the the door, may I remind you I've stayed there many times before just last year. There was an older lady with glasses told me that I needed a credit card to get the room and me knowing and have done a 100 dollar deposit on the room and get it back check out time when they have checked the room, she lied and said I couldn't do it withyourself bank card which was a real inconvenience for her forcing me to use my credit card like I would've vandalized the room, a place where I've stayed at plenty of times

Quite

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

I have two small children & didn't have time to go...

I have two small children & didn't have time to go to the grocery store to purchase some milk for them. The lady in the front desk gave me half a gallon that she had purchased for her self. She saved my night. I even offered to pay her back & she declined. That was amazing on her part. But please forgive me, I didn't remember her name. Please find out what her name was & congratulate her. She deserves it.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Staff was fantastic easy access to beaches and shops

They did not tell us that they doing renovations at time of booking so the pool was closed the main reason we chose the hotel in the first place!!

Staff was fantastic easy access to beaches and shops

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Location and oarking

We booked this hotel for 3 nights however the window and balcony of the suite we were allocated overlooked a side street with rubbish skips opposite and no nets over the Windows to obscure the awful view. We asked if it was possible to change the room and was told no, it was full, we asked to speak to manager who said she may be able to put us in another room the following day but it would be at the front (overlooking main rd) as someone was in it we wouldnt be able to see it first and we were reluctant to waste a night in there only to find the other room was no better, we asked if we could pay for an upgrade and again none available so we decided to check out. They refused to refund any money as it was booked on no cancellation basis - even so to keep all 3 nights money under the circumstances I feel is unreasonable. When we left the hotel I checked on booking.com and they had two - two queen bed suites available - why were we not offered one of those??

Location and oarking

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

The property was clean and the front desk was very helpful.

The phone rang almost every three hours to invite us to a 90 minute push to buy their time share or another Diamond time share.

The property was clean and the front desk was very helpful. it was our 50th anniversary and they brought up a bottle of wine to our room.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

The staff was exceptional.

A number of hotels had no power (including this one) for half of our one night stay. We had no lights, no AC, and no hot water, yet we were expected to pay full price.

The staff was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

Room and facility was exceptional.

Pressure to buy another vacation- upon check-in and check-out. In ability to do a 'late checkout with conference though it was only a matter of a few hours. Ended up costing a substantial parking fee and loss of expensive glasses while having to pack in a hurry.

Room and facility was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Right on the beach, walking distance to boardwalk and pier.

Husband felt like a particular security guard watched me(his wife) a little to close. Went to a time share seminar, was supposed to last 1.5 hours, was there for 3.5 hours, very irritating, don't waste your time NO matter the incentive.

Right on the beach, walking distance to boardwalk and pier. Loved the smaller size of the resort bc there wasn't tons of people everywhere. Pool was great and open late. We got a one bedroom studio suite, kids slept on the pull out couch giving us privacy, loved it and great, clean room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Rooms were great.

Very late checkin, about an hour late, and very early checkout (10 A.m), who does that? Elevators were broke for staff, so they had to use guest elevators, ugh..... Had a dumpster fire beside the hotel, smoke/burning plastic got into our room, gagging us.

Rooms were great. Although we experience troubles with staff, and the fact that I did book a King and a queen, 2 bedroom suite, I got a queen/queen, not what I paid for. They basically did not follow the reservation, but gave us what "they" wanted to give us.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Nothing at all!

BEWARE IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THEIR TIME SHARE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! I hated everything, yes, Everything! They give you absolutely nothing! The room was terrible. There was a huge bathtub in the middle of the bedroom, a kitchen and no place to eat, only one chair, so I was stuck eating on the bed. They make lots of promises and uphold none. Then when you complain they pass you around on the phone or disconnect you. If you have a time share, you get the good rooms, otherwise stay away! Not a good way to spend a 30th wedding anniversary, especially when they call you 4 times to see how they can be of help prior to the trip. Bookings.com was very misleading as to what they put up on their site verses what you get.

Nothing at all!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

My boyfriend and I are traveling very often.

My boyfriend and I are traveling very often. We stayed in many hotels, but Regency is definitely the one we are going to go back as soon as we can get some time off work :). First of all the facility is very clean (!!) Everyone from desk staff to security personnel is very friendly and go out of their way to make the vacation enjoyable. The hotel is right on the beach and just couple minutes away from very good restaurants (Bubba Gump- a must try) and pier, and if you want to save a little money you have a kitchenette with a 2-burner stovetop, microwave, and refrigerator right in the room. Highly recommend!!!

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

The price was the best part of the hotel.

The first night we stayed (Friday) music blared at the pool until 11pm and then woke up to a power washer motor. We stayed at the property for a fitness competition and to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't sleep well Friday than Saturday night the people in the room above us checked in late and every sound was easily heard through the floors.

The price was the best part of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Friendly staff.

Friendly staff. They were excellent and efficient. The location was great, right on the beach. Our room was very good and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. Overall 10 out of 10.

• Reviewed: 5 June 2015

everything at the hotel was wonderful, the room, services,...

everything at the hotel was wonderful, the room, services, hospitality, tiki bar, and the fact it is right on the beach made it that much more wonderful....would definitely stay here again. Planned on just a one night get away but turned into two, definitely pleased!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

The location was awesome and the beach was clean and...

When booking this hotel we didn't realize this was a time share property, and WIFI was not free, we had to pay a $10 per day resort fee to use it and the pools. We were not allowed to refuse the fee. In addition, the air conditioning could not keep up with the humidity (and its only May) and our wet beach wear and towels did not dry - even four days later. The room was not cleaned daily. We had to ask for dry towels as ours wouldn't dry.

The location was awesome and the beach was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2015

We were lucky and got one of the best rooms with ocean views.

The hotel was full and it was noisy. The halls and elevators were dirty. The guests above us were making a racket and it could be heard and felt through the ceiling.

We were lucky and got one of the best rooms with ocean views. Spacious suite with kitchenette, Very well stocked.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

What was not to like?

The only thing I would like is to have fresh towels left in the room daily I don't need my bed made are anything else just fresh towels and pick up the old ones

What was not to like?

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Clean comfortable.

time share presentation was like a visit to a badly run used car lot.

Clean comfortable. very quiet family orientate resort. Very visible staff & security

• Reviewed: 28 February 2015

The price was reasonable and the room was even better than...

Nothing was bad, wish we could have stayed longer!!!

The price was reasonable and the room was even better than anticipated. When they saw my room they couldn't believe i didn't pay more. And when they drove down the road to check into their hotel which they paid a higher price for they called to say they'd wish they would have booked at our hotel and what a great deal we had!! I was very pleased with everything!! The inside pool was awesome too!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

Nice clean room, lay out was nice

Was billed as ocean view I considered this a building view room, to see the ocean you must put your cheek on the window and look down between the buildings to see the ocean no balcony Guy that checked me in was nice young girl working the morning was hateful acting, like she was doing you a favor to deal with you. When booking on line said I would not be billed until check in was charged to my card one week before check in,also at check in was charged $100 refundable security deposit I would get back in 2 to 4 weeks I will not darken there door again.

Nice clean room, lay out was nice

• Reviewed: 12 February 2015

the location close to the beach,

Borring at the hotel, no space to have a drink inside ...very poor snack, no breakfast available , staff very rigid some staff dont have knowledge to inform customer, very limited the majority of staff are not friendly... I will not come back or recommand this hotel. I had 2 days in this hotel, I spend my time in the next hotel "Park" which was much more friendly and helpfull. Even to book a shutle to airport, Park hotel helped me to arrange instead of This one.

the location close to the beach, room very confortable

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Internet Wi Fi issues

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Walking distance from Ocean Center, next to the beach

No breakfast, no restaurant.

Walking distance from Ocean Center, next to the beach

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

loved the bbq grills and pit.

The food at the outside bat was not all that

loved the bbq grills and pit. Definitely would like to come back somedayStaff was awesome

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

beds very comfy, rooms very clean

balcony location not as expected, no view

beds very comfy, rooms very clean

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

Friendly people

Worry about losing the cleaning deposit, and sitting through the Diamond Resorts Scam

Friendly people

• Reviewed: 7 March 2016

Family friendly.

Very noisy....but understandable due to location

Family friendly...nice pool...beautiful beach...staff very accommodating

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Staff was great!

Floor we were on smelled like rotten puke...😶 Rooms kinda stink too! Not a clean Clorox smell!

Staff was great!

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

The location and how close to the beach was great

The front counter staff

The location and how close to the beach was great

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

We had an awesome stay and love your place.

We had an awesome stay and love your place.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

the staff were really helpful and the room was enormous...

the view was opposite the bins of the next holiday

the staff were really helpful and the room was enormous shame we were not staying for longer

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

I don't like the fact that I still haven't received...

I don't like the fact that I still haven't received my deposit back.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Didn't have our reservation through your booking.

Didn't have our reservation through your booking.com

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Early check out at 10 am

Kitchen & water pressure

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Ocean

No ocean view or no balcony

Ocean

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Nice room

Usless patio that overlooked garbage dumpsters

Nice room

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

There were roaches in my first room. My second room had a moldy smell to it.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

The staff was wonderfully and we loved that it was so close...

I did not enjoy the movie they selected for movie night.

The staff was wonderfully and we loved that it was so close to the beach

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Pool bar food and waterslide open till midnight

Tub filter full of old guest hair and tub leaked on carpet also ac vents full of years of dust

Pool bar food and waterslide open till midnight

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Nice safe and friendly

Nice safe and friendly

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

The water slide was a real hit with my children

The water slide was a real hit with my children

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.