Reviews of Graduate Seattle 3 stars

4507 Brooklyn Avenue Northeast, Seattle, WA 98105, USA

#68 of 89 hotels in Seattle

Will do for the price

Our room wasn't very clean... And the sheets on the bed were weird...There was a comforter with no cover on it, and a sheet above and below but that didn't really help much.

Location was great, staff were very friendly. The coffee shop in the lobby was outstanding.

We would definitely stay again sometime.
    • Premium King Room

There is no Guest Directory in the room. We had to call down to the front desk for everything, from how to get a room service menu, to where to find things in the hotel, etc. I have never been to a hotel that didn't have a Guest Directory.

The location was fun, and the hotel decor fun and interesting. Front desk staff was great. Champagne when we arrived was a great perk!

Not a good value
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was boiling hot, temp would not go down so I shut the thermostat off and opened windows wide— in the rain. Very thin blankets. No hand soap in the bathroom. Requested extra pillows that never came.

Easy to book

If you like dirty, cheap, and old visit Hotel Deca.

We caught lice at the property.I never in my life had it. Only accommodation we got was switching rooms. Rooms have a minor update for being an older facility. "Upgraded" room had water damage on roof and mold spots in the shower curtain. Also the hotel cuts cost by not providing basic items such as water, multiple sets of towels, and by not refilling your toiletries.

overall a good stay would stay again ref close to the concert venue

Only thing that was disappointing was that the bar was closed for the duration of our stay. The weather was terrible and we were there for a concert at the venue directly across the street. We deliberately stayed close but then couldn't get pre show drinks which was a shame

Front desk staff was awesome. They made up for poor housekeeping.
    • Premium King Room with View

Housekeeping staff was not good. The rooms were clean, but they didn't replenish the coffee service every day. 4 k-cups of decaf coffee and NO regular, caffeinated coffee. Sugar /creamer packets? Oh, you only get 1. I asked for more. Got 3 more decafs and only 1 regular coffee and 2 aspartame packets. No stirring sticks, no creamer packets. what the heck?!?? Also, on day one I was in the shower and discovered the body wash dispenser was empty. Told housekeeping about it and asked for refill. Nope -- never got it.

Nice room, comfy bed. Great front desk staff.

Hotel Deca is beautiful and room was great, especially beds and corner view of Mt.Rainer in the dis

Room not ready until 8:30pm! Terrible front desk person with no apologies.Website had incorrect checkout of noon, so staff started knocking at 11:10am. Morning Manager was more than quick to resolve issue and full refund for room.

Room, bed, view was all great! Monday morning manager was professional and resolved issues we had.

Bad value
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Woke up covered in bug bites. Room with a view was a view of the parking lot. Bathroom didn't match what was shown in booking pictures for the room. Carpet floor was wet in some spots when I checked in.

I was comfortable there and would stay there again.
    • Studio

Most of the staff at the front desk were excellent and so helpful but a few of the staff were irritable and unhelpful - they were working on the Saturday afternoon of my stay.

The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was too small and the door did not open completely.

Disappointed by lack of trasparency

Booking process not well presented. We booked as a group of 6 friends 1 Bookings were for 2 people sharing i.e. not a couple. However the unrefundable vouchers came out at the end as one bed per room. We then had to pay extra to have 2 beds 2. Hidden extra charges on the bill at check out - full cost not transparent

Room comfortable

Overall very nice.
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Had to use DVD player in room to watch a movie; there was no remote for the player so had to call maintenance; person was nice but new so this took about 15 mins.; had to go to lobby for a DVD from rather small-ish selection. Surprised no live-streaming for movies in room.

Parking easy; spacious room for 2; comfortable beds; nice touch - champagne upon check-in.

It was more expensive than I had anticipated but overall very nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

having to pay for parking and other hotel cost that I was supposed to have access to but not informed of them or their location. Electrical outlets was not in very good locations and some things weren't even plugged in. Extension cord for clock radio - unsatisfactory.

the bed was comfy and the room was nicely decorated

Very Satisfactory

the coffee apparatus was faulty even after the Reception stafff and House keeping came to mend it They returned with a new one and took the 'faulty ' one away

we wanted 2beds and they provided us with grear beds

I will be back again to visit again.

Some of the floor finishes need refurbishment in high traffic areas. I didn't get to experience every aspect of the hotels amenities (i.e. the bar and restaurant downstairs) but will be back to do so.

I enjoyed the Art Deco flavor of the hotel. My family had previously stayed here visiting the University of Washington and we selected the hotel again because of the proximity. The Front desk staff are inviting and helpful. I didn't meet a Bellman but we had schlepped it on public transportation all the way to the hotel from the airport. I meet locals and vacationers at the Post Café adjacent to the lobby and the street corner. I'm sure business travelers stay here also. They had several guests; well behaved football fans, checking into the hotel and they do frequent the hotel on those weekends.

Parking not included
    • Premium King Room with View

The add does not clearly and obviously indicate that parking was not included in the rate. This is a significant charge. And the surrounding area is pretty much a slum

Beds and pillows were good

Never again unless top floor with view
    • Premium King Room

Cooling unit wasn't cool enough no fan in bathroom all lamp fixtures stained no free continental breakfast, ripped up dust ruffle

The bed was comfortable but too many soft pillows need firmer pillows as well plus extra blankets in room...

Very good.
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

No wine bottle opener in room or at front desk; had to go outside to adjacent but unrelated bar to have wine opened. Also, no wine glasses (nor clear plastic glasses) in room.

Spacious rooms with views and bed selections as advertised and booked. Excellent staff at front desk, and nice and effective cleaning service people. Nice touch to offer complementary sparkling wine at check in.

Some good, some bad. Wouldn't stay again.
    • Premium King Room

PAPER THIN walls and doors. Huge gap under the door....had to roll up a towel to block some noise. And speaking of noise... We could hear conversations of other guests, in every part of the room, including the bathroom. It's an obvious problem, as they have complimentary earplugs on the nightstand. Really quite strange. Never experienced anything like it, even at "budget" hotels. Was woken up several times by guests in the next room. Noise issue alone will prevent us from ever staying here again. Second issue... cleanliness of some parts of the hotel. For example...the main rug in the lobby is utterly disgusting. Simply needs to be cleaned....and there is zero chance it was cleaned recently. Old soda/juice/dirt stains had been on that rug for a while. Very odd. Lastly....The Deca is in a part of town that is still a bit sketchy. Our local friend warned us to be careful at night...and after walking around the area a bit while out to dinner....we understood exactly why.

Staff at the front desk we're great! Champagne on arrival was a really nice touch. On site parking was very convenient. Only $20 for 24+ hours. Close to some great food in the area. Hotel and room decor was cool. View of the Space Needle from our window.

I stayed there for 3 nights, overall it was a good experience.
    • Studio

They keep soap but shampoo, body wash bottles near the shower area were empty. I had my personal things (so I did not ask), but if needed, probably staff will help. Inside room is fine. but, major thing i disliked was the really bad smell on the 2nd floor where I was living.

The property is at a good location, very close to University of Washington, university district (has lot of food options) and downtown is not too far. Don't offer breakfast but have a restaurant. Staff is helpful and room was clean.

Way way way OVERPRICED....and not very clean! :(
    • King Room with View

When I arrived I was told my reservation did not exist. After traveling all the way from Miami to Seattle and not having seen my daughter for 7 months, my time there was very precious. It took about 5 phone calls and over an hour to straighten out the mess and I was in tears, literally. After that, my room was dirty and the lack of a convenience store or even vending machines on the property was rather disappointing! Almost $300 per night and nowhere NEAR worth it. I feel ripped off.

The location was great and very convenient.
    • King Room with View

2 out of four staff mebers were less than helpful, but the other two were much better. There was no soap or conditioner in the bathroom, but that had containers. A few of the plugs didn't work and the room was nothing special for paying as much as I did.

The location was great and very convenient.

Fine if you want a late check-in
    • Studio

I had to wait until 5:00 to check and even though check-in is at 4:00. There was no mention of any comp drink or anything to make up for the hour I had to wait in the lobby. Not good after flying all day. Staff was unconcerned.

The lobby & artwork

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone

Toilet backed up and maintenance took 3 hours to come to the room, despite 4 phone calls to the front desk to let them know. The WiFi service was intermittent at best Parking in a public lot was expensive at $21.00/day The carpets were sticky No Fridge in rooms No dresser for clothing in rooms

Art Deco feel of the hotel.

Great Time in Seattle
    • Studio

The bath room was very small and I would i have like a free breakfast for the price of the room

The staff was great. I was able to check in early , which was great , I was on the 15 floor and i had a great very. THe staff always smile and I was in walking distance of everything .

The location was great.
    • Studio

The rate was more than I like to pay. But I was planning to be out late, so I took the room. Next trip, I'll try to book farther in advance.

The location was great. North Seattle doesn't have a lot of lodging. The room was comfortable.

Disorganized and unprofessional hotel staff at front desk
    • Studio

Upon check in they told me my reservation was booked 4 years in the future and that I couldnt stay there. If i hadnt saved my email hotel confirmation from 3 mo earlier, they would not have given me my room. It was the worst customer experience upon arrival Ive had yet.

The coffee shop/cafe in the lobby

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Weird decor, but right in the heart of the u district
    • Studio

Missing some key amenities in hotel (no fitness center). Also the heater in my room was on overdrive and I cooked all night.

The photos are slick but in person, the decor is quite weird in a unique and interesting way. Some dis the location, but it's right in the heart of all the cheap, delicious food on the Ave. And walking district to the best farmer's market in the city! Also lots of movie theaters nearby. Seattle's only cat cafe is right across the street!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE HOTEL

They barely cleaned the room, only straightened up. I had to ask for new linens. I had to ask EVERY SINGLE DAY for towels. One time I had to call the front desk 4 times over the course of an hour to get towels. The customer service was average at best, they weren't friendly at all. I had to pay an extra $20 a day for parking and the lot was poorly spaced & unkempt. And on top of ALL this, I am 100% positive one of the cleaning staff stole $80 worth of unused make up I purchased while I was there. I did not misplace it, I bought it from MAC at the mall that was about 10 minutes away and sat in on the desk in my room. It was there the next night after I got back, still in the bag. The next night I came back to my room and the entire bag was gone! I reported it to the front desk and they barely acted concerned. Didn't offer to reimburse me or even investigate. THE WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Good, reliable, affordable and great staff

It's a good hotel, but ready for an upgrade. They've improved what is a very nice lobby/lounge area. But in the rooms the popcorn ceilings, and old, cold windows cast a 70's feel.

A great location - for our purposes....

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Ok

Room next to me had a guest or two. I could hear much of what was being said on the phone. Room needs soundproofing.

All was fine. But the neighborhood did not feel completely safe.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

stayed with my girlfriend
    • Studio

Lady bugs... My room might have had a nest outside but I had to kill one a night. I hate bugs

Nice staff, nice rooms. Everything felt well to do for what it was.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Sheets stained. Small rooms. No breakfast. Expensive.
    • Studio

Expensive for how small the room was and no continental breakfast. Plus the sheets had a stain on them. The coffee shop in the lobby is very expensive and was fair. Customer service was so so.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

We came, we stayed.
    • Studio

Toilet was loud and leaky all night. The view was beautiful but the windows were fairly dirty. The bed skirt of both beds (were in a 2 bed queen room) was stained (with im guessing was bodily fluids 😧

Location to Neptune theatre is as close as you can get. Beds were very cozy. Room was big. Very nice view of the Seattle area.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Even the cleanness of the room and bathroom was ok, I would...
    • Studio

Even the cleanness of the room and bathroom was ok, I would ask the managers to supervise some details like aircon grating or common facilities around the lift: mirror, counter,... that also need to be cleaned to give a good impression.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Excellent hotel in a great location in the University District!
    • Studio

I can't think of anything to criticize about my stay.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well-appointed, and the location on the Ave can't be beat. The room was actually larger than I expected from a boutique hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

A superb boutique like hotel with all the major amenities and services you would want!
    • Studio

Had to stay in room to work for a morning and housekeeping didn't return! I'm sure they would have sent someone if I asked!!

Excellent location and close to University of Washington! Helpful and friendly staff! Very nice room with great view! Lounge/restaurant downstairs is a nice escape!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Great location for getting to the Husky game.

There is a big disconnect between the restaurant downstairs and the hotel. Doesn't seem like they are on the 'same page.' Also getting too pricey, especially with the # of new hotels nearby.

Great location for getting to the Husky game.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Good Location, great update to an older building
    • Premium King Room with View

Price for value. A little overpriced. Charging for parking at the price paid is a bit too much

Great location for the university district. Great view to the city.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Good place to stay next to University of Washington
    • Studio

My room faced a busy street, so I got some traffic noise. I had a view of Mount Rainier and the Cascades on that side, though.

If you ask at the reception, they'll give you free apples and Perrier or still water. Everything was efficient and convenient. This is not a super luxury hotel, but for a place with a relatively reasonable price, I liked the ambience.

Good location but rooms not comfortable.
    • Premium King Room with View

Bathroom wasn't that clean, the bedding was not adequate and the HVAC would not adjust, so I had to open the windows in the winter rain.

Gorgeous!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Gorgeous! Love Sparkle Time!!

Hotel Deca was a joy to experience. Accommodating and very cute!

Small bathroom

The boutique, original look and feel. Lobby area is beautiful and view was great!

Decent hotel near UW district.

Walls were somewhat thin so traffic outside was a little loud. You could also hear noise in the hall.

Hotel was nice and modern.

Overall enjoyable
    • Premium King Room

Hotel is due for another renovation

Excellent location. Old boned building nicely updated.

Bathroom, small and old

great

very clean and neat

Comfortable beds

Breakfast was not included

Comfortable beds

The staff was extremely helpful.
    • Premium King Room with View

The staff was extremely helpful. The view of downtown was great from my room.

i checked in at 18h30 .
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

i checked in at 18h30 . inacceptable.

External A/C extremely loud.
    • Studio

External A/C extremely loud. Noisy doors.

Comfortable and roomy
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Neighborhoodwas quite dirty. Cafe in the hotel was good but few close dining options

Interior decor

bathroom smelled like urine

bathroom smelled like urine

Not good I was not not impressed with anything

Over priced

Best location

need fresh air or good smell

The view from the room is nice. beds are comfortable

6.0
    Too expensive
    • Premium King Room

Room cost, counter staff not explaining costs sufficiently.

Surprise "Facility Fee" an unexpected upcharge for...

Surprise "Facility Fee" an unexpected upcharge for things we did not want or need. As a result we dined elsewhere.

Late night noise

Late night noise

Limited parking spaces

Liked the decor. Staff was very friendly

Great location for UW

Little dated

Close to UW Large room with view of the Space Needle

Not worth the high price

Very high price for cramped room with ripped drapes and awkward angle in bathroom entry.

Large room.

Internet a bit unstable

Large room. Pleasant decor. Great staff

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Comfortable and clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Pricing is a little high

Comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great location for visiting University of Washington
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Lack of tea making ability

Size of the room

Cleaness of the room

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Good deca cards 😄

Can't think of anything.

Great price for the location. Ended up staying a few extra days! Complimentary pellagrino & waters at the front desk!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

It was an unforgettable stay.

It was an unforgettable stay. I promise.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Good value for the U District

Thin walls and UK-sized rooms

Excellent location if visiting the U District. Friendly and outgoing staff and pleasant and stylish decor.

Perfect stay for the New Year
    • Premium King Room with View

Great location, great view and very nice room

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Nice view of fireworks from room
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Beds were horribly uncomfortable No in room drinks

Nice view of fireworks from room

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

An economy friendly choice

Wifi is pretty slow

Room is clean and comfort with city view

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Location, accessibility and staff friendliness

Rooms look quite old. Heating system very noisy when it starts and stops.

Location, accessibility and staff friendliness

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

staff was great.

Restaurant.

staff was great.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Lobby bathrooms not convenient.
    • Studio

Lobby bathrooms not convenient.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great hotel for business, close to downtown.
    • Studio

Need a restaurant in the hotel.

Great staff, good location.