Reviews of Deluxe Inn Hawthorne/ LAX 2 stars

13640 Hawthorne Boulevard, Hawthorne, CA 90250, USA

#8 of 11 hotels in Hawthorne

Room with a big bed

Staff guy said I needed to take my own trash outside to dump, and come to the office to get another bag to change. Not! Cleaning lady was more than helpful she changed trash and towels. No breakfast, no pool, no airport shuttle. I'm not sure why i picked this location.

Location was great. Walking distance from the places we needed to go. Easy to spot hotel sign after long hours out. Large room space. Available smoking rooms.

Place and cleanliness was great. Staff were very rude

Sree was the guy at the front desk he was very rude. After staying 2 whole nights he told me I had to pay a deposit that I didn’t pay before that night.

It could have been better, it was ok

The blow dryer didn't work, they gave me old rags and towels out of their trunk that looked like they were used for working on cars, And the blinds that were up to the window didn't close all the way, I was highly disappointed

The room was nice looking

GREAT CLEANING / HOUSEKEEPING STAFD!

My car almost got towed and my boyfriend got denied access to the room because they failed to record our information properly upon arrival. Front desk workers are cranky and invasive and unorganized. GREAT cleaning staff though. Microwave didn’t work and a front desk worker treated me extremely cruelly when I asked him to replace it, knocking things over in my room and unplugging things even thought he rejected my inquisition regarding moving anything beforehand.

GREAT CLEANING / HOUSEKEEPING STAFD! Friendly and catering. They deserve a better work environment.

Nice , affordable rooms...customer service seriously needs improvement.

The attitude of a staff member when I asked her to address the noise outside.

The property and the room are nice however, the customer service and the attitude of some of the staff needs improvement. I was awakened in the morning by the loud sound of machinery running outside. When I called the front desk I was told they were cleaning the parking lot and she would tell them to stop...she also said it may be 15 minutes longer...(huh? which one is it?). Well it stopped then started right back on. I called the woman at the front desk back and instead of understanding my point...that I paid money for this room and I don't feel like it's acceptable that we have to deal with this noise, she began to argue with me. Saying there was a flood (before, she told me they were cleaning the parking lot though!??) I asked why they couldn't begin at 11am when the checkout time was and expressed to her that the noise was excessive, she chastised me and said "if your house was flooded would you wait to clean it?" I had to remind her that this ISN'T my house and it's unacceptable that she is arguing with me to begin with. She REALLY needs customer service training. I will NEVER stay here again. She even tried to deceive me by telling me She would go talk to them...talk to them about what?? They are vendors that you enlisted to do a service. Don't blame them for completing a job you paid them to do. She could have been more professional and offered an apology for the disturbance but instead she got an attitude and argued at me for 2 minutes!!! Come to find out..no flood in sight, just 2 gentlemen loudly cleaning the parking lot. This has been going on for almost2 hours!!! Wow! Customer service is key. If they can retrain the staff, this property would get a 4 out of 5 from me. Until then ...nope.

I wouldn't go back

The place is very run down and the room is Spartan. It is just not an attractive place to stay. At check in the desk person remains "protected" behind glass. That immediately about says it all. If they don't feel "safe" why should a guest? For what it is I think it is about 50% too expensive!

the shower was at least hot.... The bed was OK

Bad customer service by older man prompted review

Dirty sheets (there was blood on the way bottom of the second sheet, didn’t notice until right before checkout) horrible customer service, phone didn’t turn on, WiFi didn’t work at times (only early in the morning) when I asked the staff about it I was met with an older guy who was irritated that I even called him and said it wasn’t his problem. After telling him that his attitude is going to make me leave a review about bad customer service he didn’t apologize and I walked away while he yelled excuse me all mad as if I would waste any more time with such bad help. I enjoyed the other staff there and the visit was average enough and wouldn’t require me to leave a review but the multiple problems and disgusting sheets made me leave this review.

It was extremely loud, you can hear TVs and conversations...

Homeless people outside

It was extremely loud, you can hear TVs and conversations through the walls. The people were using inside voices and it was still loud.

My stay was good. Ill come again. Please just have floors clean also.

Floors were dirty. I took off my shoes walked from door to bathroom then to the bed and that fast my feet were dirty. And I had a 1 yr old so that was not pleasing at all.

It was quite clean environment.

Pleasant, but uncomfortable with the office staff

The housekeeping personnel are very nice and helpful, but some people from the office are not very friendly, kind of rude

The parking very tight, hard to maneuver

Not very happy. Room was nice, the clerk wasn't.

The office clerk was rude, and i paid for two nights, 170.00 and because my daughter had two people bring her some things, the cleck threaten to call police, and said she has to leave..and i was only refuned 85.00, she was only there maybe a hour and a half..he should have given me a full refund.. I will never reture to your faulty..and i will never recommend your motel to anyone.very bad experience.

The room was nice for the short amount of time my daughter was able to be there..

Location was easy to find.

It wasn't quite clean. There were broken tiles in the bathroom.The t.v. was put in an awkward position and to far away.The sheets and pillowcases were dirty.

Location was easy to find. It was spacious.

I wouldn’t go back because of the cigarette smoke and the area felt dangerous.
    • Family Room

The room smelled of cigarette smoke. Also the headboard of one of the beds came loose and fell. Dangerous for someone sleeping.

Location. Near the LAX airport

Decently basic motel for a first/last night in LA

Pricey for what you get but then it's LA and it did the job.

It did the job to get away from LAX and stay the night somewhere close enough (20 mins drive) on first night after arriving. Basic but clean and wifi was good. Check in was quick and although parking spaces tight (for a mid size SUV) it did the job. 711 over the road made for a quick trip to pick up a food and drink. No complaints when something basic for a night's sleep was needed.

It's ok but hated the service

The attitude of the front desk guy was terrible. He was just not interested in my issues. He was too busy watching internet movies.he is absolutely unsuited for a role as a front desk

Cheap and cheerful place

Not comfortable

The neighborhood feels unsafe. Loud talking all night. No respect to silence. No noise protection in the room. I couldn't sleep at all. The towels felt like used million of times before me. The price I paid doesn't worth it.

It was just a night stop. Room was quite clean and looked nice. Parking was easy.

I like this place I will be back.

Place look very clean but would of liked if it would of smelled fresher. Is was not badly infested but I did came across two cockroaches. They just need to that extra mile on house cleaning.

Very convenient to get to everything I needed to get to over the weekend. Food friends & entertainment.

FELT LIKE JAIL

The man behind the counter. He was Not friendly and then yelled at us about having my cousin come over for 5 min to bring my kids some money for there birthday. He tells us that we are not allowed to have visitors and if we did he would kick us out with no refund. I didn't know that I was paying 100 a night to be told about company coming over. We were not loud or ghetto having a party. A 5 min visit, my god! Then to top it off he comes knocking at the door at 6pm or so and tells us that he's getting complaints because of the kids, mind you they are 1 and 2. So the following day he would move us too the second floor. That day comes and we literally have to check out and sit in the car and wait till check in time. Inconvenience with having infants in the hot sun. Then the major fact that he was picking on my family, we get the key to a room two doors down from were we were staying. Indian owners have to much of a POWER TRIP...

I booked a non smoking room but when I arrived they said...
    • Family Room

I booked a non smoking room but when I arrived they said only smoking room was available. The microwave oven and the hair dryer both broke down. Room is basic and bed linen had holes due to smoking.

Actually OK!
    • Family Room

Didn't like some of the hotel guests, some we a little shady. But they and we kept to ourselves.

They gave us a 3 bed queen room, awesome. Parking was free. We didnt hang out in the room just slept there so it was cool. If you want hotel amenities this isn't the place, if you want an inexpensive hotel that's decent. Its ok. I was worried about having my kids there but no issues. And the family that runs the place is very nice.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Horrible place, I couldn't even get a refund

Everything , the towels have hair on them and stains , and they gave me a smoking room.wgen requesting a non smoking room, and the floors were greasy and sticky, and the beds had stains

Nothing , it was really bad customer service and dirty everything

Great location near LAX

The room did not come with an iron or ironing board. No airport shuttle was available.

The location is very near LAX. The staff was friendly and gave us a better room when the one we originally asked for was unexpectedly unavailable.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Great city, near bank and 7/11.

The staff gave me a little rude response once but were friendly the rest of the time.

I love the cleaniness of the room and the neighbors were friendly too.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

There was a lot of space.

The floors were not carpeted, the tv's location was terrible. It did not come close to lining up with where the bed was at. I requested a lower level room, but instead was given a room on the third floor which is there top floor. The gentleman that checked me in, (actually he was a young man), had zero personality and even less professional courtesy. He never made eye contact with me. Never said "you're welcome", even after I repeatedly said thank you. He was amiable but quite rude in general. The morning gentleman who greeted me upon check out however, was very kind and pleasant.

There was a lot of space. I was given what I was told when booking.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Take your chances

A few of the guests there were loud, obnoxious and disrespectful of the other guests there. The police had to be called once and the fire department was there 3 times for medical emergencies.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Beware: Handicapped. UNfriendly!

The location of the rooms at the motel are NOT handicapped accessable. There is no access (via elevator or ramp) to the rooms which are located on the second and third levels.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Crack addicts and prostitutes

There were blood stains on the walls, there were six prostitutes in the room next door screaming all night, there was a crack dealer and a crack addict. This may sound like a hyperbole but it is not. Completely serious.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

not happy

First and foremost I got there early around 10:45 to pick up the key so that I can get into the room later on that day when I got there to sign in there were still people in the room I guess that I had reserved so I wasn't able to go to the room and take a look before I got there or after I got there I had to come back later on that day too take a look and go into the room due to the fact that they were supposedly been over crowded or been booked up that night before my check in time was I couldn't get a key till later on that afternoon the rooms are small they have booked me to be on the third floor but they end up giving me a room on the second floor Room 210 and once I got ready to take a shower that morning I noticed a lot of mold on the shower curtain whoever it was above me on the 3rd floor had Noise going on all night long was not able to get comfortable and get good rest also My guess that was with me from out of town wasn't too pleased

Nothing much at all it was just ok

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

One night stop in Hawthorne

Wifi was very spotty. You would have to go out on the balcony or to the reception to pick up any signal.

The motel was fine for the price. Had what we needed. Shower was hot and fridge was cold. AC very cold. Staff were polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Clean and comfortable
    • Family Room

Cannot park anything other than a standard, single vehicle due to height limitation of parking entrance and parking slots. Not able to accomodate Penske truck with auto trailer.

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Worst place to stay, but you and I are different.

The room, the setting, the parking, the room and shower had ants. They were partially fixing it up , it was jus a mess.

This was a disasterous hotel stay. It mAkes you not want to ever visit hotels.

Worth my money and location is great

Safe and friendly business. Will be back again

I will come back

Nice room, big, confortable, well and fully equipped

Room was clean and accommodating for the price

Clean, neat and great staff

Clean, neat and great staff

I loved the room it was big and clean helpful staff

I loved the room it was big and clean helpful staff

Good location, the room was great.

It was a confortable room near the beaches and LAX. The staff was very good and helped us when we needed.

My stay was good.

The other guest having drama outside the room.

I liked the room. However, the loud noise outside and discussion was uncomfortable to hear.

A disaster...

Horrible

Bad service

It was awesome

Hade a very relaxing stay

The bed is so comfortable

It was ok

Lot of scetchey people

Very clean

Excellent service

The bed was real comfortable and big

Staff very friendly, rooms could use a little more cleaning
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Room smells

First room very clean, loved the tub. 2nd & 3rd not so clean

I'll be back

Big room & bed

Had no issue's

The beds are super
    • Family Room

Locaties, good for a night before/after a planeflight but not mutch else to do

The beds are super

It was very clean and quiet the room very nice

It was very clean and quiet the room very nice

Everything.

Everything. Its low key and it was clean and quiet.

Great stay with a ? Parking two vehicles

I wasn't informed there's only one parking sp as ce for one vehicle where do you park the other vehicle without getting a ticket.

Good

Nice property

Quite nice

It was simply nasty, drugs and alcohol And I guess were too loud.

Filthy

Filthy

Close to bus stop

No elevator WiFi didn’t work after 1 night

Close to bus stop

Great price.
    • Family Room

Great price. Close to airport.

Anniversary of 5 years married

Everything was nice and clean

Delux Inn a great find

Quiet, clean, located near bus stops and some shopping. Dont order from the chinese resturaunt though. Flavorless

I like the way they remodeled it.

Too much noise at night

I like the way they remodeled it.

I actually loved my stay.

I liked everything

I actually loved my stay. I would choose anywhere else. So nice and quiet and clean.

Excellent Customer Service!

Excellent Customer Service!😄

My stay was horrible I woke up to bites on my face and body from Bed Bugs. Horrible

Need to clean the room really good and get rid of the Bed Bugs

I didn't like anything. The Bed Bugs ruined the whole stay

Large clean room
    • Suite with Hot Tub

No coffee

Large clean room

It was worth the money

The outside

The flooring and the bathroom pretty nice

A nice stay in LA

Noise from the ice machine

Clean

Alright

The room need more maintenance

Location is close to freeways and restaurant's

I love it I was able to sleep all day no interruptions

Cool

Towels, Chairs in the reception

Cool

Not good

Front desk staff very unprofessional and rude

Very cool place I usually prefer this spot over any other places

If people weren't soo loud after midnight

Very Nice and comfortable

Bad visit

Staff was rude

Roaches

Smell smoking

Smell smoking in the room, and the manager said that room was for people no smoking and wifi isn't work.