Reviews of Desert Paradise Resort By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

5165 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89118, USA

#1 of 53 Holiday rentals in Las Vegas

• Two-Bedroom Suite

First class accommodation, traveled with my wife and 5 kids. Apartment was great, kitchen great, parking covered, safe and secure in the evening. decent location. clean and very helpful staff.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Got woken up early the first morning by the team offering me a 'welcome pack', there was no welcome pack but they wanted to talk to me about offers for future stays in other locations in their resort chain. Very annoying being woken up early by what was effectively a sales call.

2 bed apartment was nice and good value for money

Call Center, see previous

I tried to modify a two bedroom condo booking to a one bedroom, but was refused by their call center staff. I was with a team playing in a sport tournament, one of my friends was staying at Desert Paradise, and recommended it. When I looked online on Booking.com, only double rooms were available but I booked anyway because my friend was staying at the same resort. So I was one person with a massive two bedroom condo. A couple days later (over a month in advance of my stay), a one bedroom was made available online, I called booking.com to see if they could get Desert Paradise to modify my reservation to the single, but they refused, because I had paid the e"no cancellation" price. It was explained to them that I wasn't "cancelling" my reservation, I only wanted to get a more appropriate single room. They refused. I tried calling their call center as well, and got a similar response. They were more concerned with keeping the booking on the two bedroom than help out a customer, and leave him with a positive customer experience. The cost to them to modify my booking was nothing, they would have still booked the two bedroom, but would have made a big difference to their customer. So that's it. Resort staff excellent, call center staff could not care less.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Everything was perfect. I am very satisfied with their service and the facility. I would definitely choose here to stay when I visit Vegas in the future. Highly recommend!!

• One-Bedroom Suite

The staff and the registration process. I was waiting in line when a large group of foreigners walked in. They physically crowed and pushed me out of line and when the other clerk came out to check people in, they yelled "we're next". The other clerk saw this but did nothing. It was obvious that the more revenue that you are bringing in the more important you are and the better service you will receive.

The rooms were very nice, large and comfortable. It is a really nice place for families to stay. It was very clean.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The room needed serious refurbishing, the carpet bubbled up in places and was beyond filthy. Our feet were black after walking on it the first day. The beds were the hardest I've ever felt in a hotel type setting. We had a really hard time sleeping and had back and neck pain the entire trip.

The price was very reasonable and the location was perfect to get to the strip. The amenities were nice and there were no hidden fees.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only thing that bothered us was the call from the front desk to come and see a presentation to buy a unit. They were very insistent. i don' t want to go on vacation and then get harassed about coming to a condo presentation.

The apartment was great, it had all the things you might need in a kitchen. The place was spacious, clean and comfortable.

nothing to dislike.

The Desert Paradise was perfect. It felt like home. there was everything, including a working oven and a microwave. There were 2 TVs ! (one in bedroom one in living room). And ad dvd player. Fun fact: when I've read the instructions, which said "BluRay - Player operating instructions...", and went out and actually bought a copy of The Hangover film on BR disk, and then realised it was actually a DVD player not a BR player, what happened next truly shocked me :) I called reception and asked if they had any spare BR players - and guess what ! They had ! and within minutes - someone came with it, and replaced the dvd player with a bluray player. I was not expecting it at all :) That was cherry on the top of the cake. Was fun watching The Hangover while being in Vegas ;) Thank you guys !! Essentially the "room" (you cannot call it a room - as it was literally a full appartment) was awesome, had the following: - living room with sofa and a tv (plus a dvd/br player (see above)) - open plan fully equipped kitchen with full sized fridge !! - laundry room (with washer and a dryer) - bathroom (shower/bath) + a separate toilet (next door to bathroom). - big bedroom with big bed, and a TV - walk in closet/wardrobe (walk into it from bedroom) , equipped with shelves, hangers and a little safe cabinet (digital lock), to keep your valuables. On top of that : Two swimming pools Two Jacuzzi baths Free Parking - plenty of it, with roofs, to protect your car from the harsh Nevada's Sun. Everything really nice and clean and very quiet !

• One-Bedroom Suite

Went to a timeshare presentation: Ben was fantastic;however;we weren’t interested in purchasing at this time so at end of presentation they brought in another staff member,young guy,can’t remember his name;he was extremely pushy and disrespectful,asking very personal income questions.I would say he was a real “cowboy”, in his approach and could certainly learn something about being respectful from Ben.So as a company,if you want to “ close a deal”, I suggest you teach your staff how to treat people properly

Check inn/front desk staff friendly

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Kadija was the best employee there!!! She helped us with all of our needs. Very spacious 2 bedroom suites!!!! Very clean and the pool was amazing!!! Gated resort which makes you feel very safe and comfortable

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The carpet had many spilled Stains as you walked in. A beetle bug bit me on one of the evenings.. lost sleep.

The cost and the space. Plus the Security Gating.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The gated safety in the evening, the size of the 2 bed apartment, the facilities in the apartment, including washing up liquid, washing powder etc. the balcony. A great place to stay.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Washroom does not have enough hoods for guests to hang up their face/bath towels. Water in washroom does not have the pressure to turn on warm water easily, shower water is not hot enough and has not enough pressure. It's manageable in warm/ hot days, it can be a problem in cold days.

The staff, the free shuttle,the quiet neighbourhood, and the non-smoking environment.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I did not like , that the one pool was closed with main BBQ area and during the reservation Booking.com did not mention that. I am mad on Booking.com not the property. Booking. com before you collect the $$, tell us about the closeure

The place is cozy, quiet and good for family.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Adult pool and hot tub was closed off for maintenance so that bummed us out. Not the hotels fault it’s understandable. Just was lookin forward to it. Check out was a little too early maybe 11 or noon might have been better other than that everything was great.

Balcony was awesome. Two bedroom suite was nice and spacious. Washer and dryer provided detergent for one load. Kitchen had dishes. 2 showers 2 bathrooms.

• One-Bedroom Suite

This was our 3rd time staying with you and the only thing was when we arrived the room was still in the process of being cleaned and we had to wait till it was finished.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Property had no record of our reservation. Booking.com had sent me a confirmation and reminders but the payment had never gone through. Seems like a flaw in your system! Fortunately, the property had vacancies and accomdated us.

Great location, good facilities and well-equipped kitchen, friendly staff.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Air conditioner was a bit loud.

The “apartment “ was a great space while we were attending a conference. So much better than a hotel room. Loved having a separate pool for children. Great to have a washer and dryer right in the apartment. Very well appointed kitchen.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We loved this place. We will go back every time we visit. We will also seek out the other properties owned by this company when we travel to other places around the US

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Kitchen light too bright for me as well as bathrooms. I like dimmer switches if possible. I ended up just unscrewing the bulbs in the bathroom. It would also be nice to have a little more privacy for the toilet in the event someone is showering. The bed was too hard for us.

Two bathrooms and full kitchen plus washer dryer. The amount of space. We could all stretch out and hang out without being on top of one another. Convenient location away from downtown but close enough for ease of access

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Walls need to be sound proof a little more

The size of the two bedroom suite full kitchen with dishes silverware and pan's washer and dryer dining area master bedroom has walking closet with dressers and safe

• One-Bedroom Suite

The maintenance workers were smoking 10-15 feet away from the pool area. I do not like being around second hand smoke, kids should never have to be in a situation that makes them breathe in smoke.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Funny smell in the condo dispite being listed as no pets/no smoking (husband thinks it was likely smoked in previously). It really bothered my husband and daughter's asthma and allergies so this would unfortunately prevent us from staying there again. Everything else about the condo and property and staff was great.

Very clean, very spacious, comfortable bed and pillows, excellent for families

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Nice spacious apartment to relax after a busy day. All the comforts of home and then some. Close to grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and the strip.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Waterfall for the pool wasn’t working. I was looking forward for that and hopefully next time it is working.

The rooms look like the pictures and the service was great staff was good.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I didn't know that this was a time share property so we were not expecting the sales pitch. The sales people were very polite and not rude and pushy with their sales pitch.

The staff were more then helpful . They couldn't do enough for us. The room was very clean and comfortable. The shuttle to the strip or shopping was a very pleasant surprise. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The coffee maker is the only thing I really didn't like. They should upgrade to the Keurig.

I liked almost everything about this property. It's a bit further from everything than i would have liked. Thats perfect for families trying to escape the strip though.

Cleaner carpets.

Location and security of property. One bedroom unit was perfect for my stay, everything needed if you chose to prepare meals. Bed and pillows very comfortable, sheets soft, bath towels large and very clean. Nice quiet unit in the back. Ground floor not too much noise from unit above. Very nice pools and grounds.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I absolutely HATED being approached at check-in, telephoned in my room at 8am and PERSISTENTLY at check-out to participate in what appeared to be a timeshare seminar with the promise of a free stay at a later time! I think this is totally intrusive and inappropriate.

Everything related to the facility, grounds, location was absolutely wonderful.

• One-Bedroom Suite

water pressure too low, water does not get hot, walls too thin and can hear everything from above.

Room was very nice, only downfall was NO water pressure and took forever for water to get hot in shower and then was never very hot. Also if you are on bottom floor be prepared to hear every step, water, flush and noise from those above, it was like they were living in our room with us!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The carpet was was so dirty our feet was absolutely gross. I think that the carpet needs to be cleaned or replaced.

I liked having the full kitchen and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, the layout was great.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Held 100 dollars deposit and we were not sure what would cause hotel to charge us from the deposit. The terms and conditions we had to sign upon check in looked quite strict. A bit nervous during our stay because of that

The apartment itself is really spacious and has everything. The sofa bed is comfy too. We also used the shuttle bus which is very convenient to go to the strip.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Was surprised that the rooms were only cleaned and refreshed if you stayed more than 5 nights.

Excellent value, loved having a washer and dryer and full kitchen. Very spacious and clean.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Temporary renovation in lobby, but only affected check-in experience; minor issue.

Spaciousness, value, cleanliness, and wonderful staff. Highly recommend staying here!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We stayed there with 4 adults and a infant, We loved the resort, it was clean easy to access to everything you need. A bit far from strip but if you have a car than this will not be a problem. My 2 years old daughter felt like she was at home!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Wi-Fi did not work on a Samsung phone or any lap top. Gave up waiting for assistance on the IT help line that was provided as it took too long.

Superb rooms, very clean, our apartment had its own laundry and an excellent fully equipped kitchen.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Just one thing. Staff on check out. I arrived 1am of the next day and was called 3 times to get out between 1020 to 11am. I checked in sooooo late past the 4pm it was not on purpose but 7people hussling to get out because they keep calling as sad. Kinda ruined it a bit for me. Sour taste at the end aftee such a great time spent. Didnt want to ask for consideration, which it would have been extended since i check in soo late. But thats hotel business.

The comfy bed in the living room. Essentials in the kitchen. Ice made in the freezer. Two huge bathrooms. The rearrngement of rooms to be closer to the pool. The atmosphere and quiteness of the facility.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff are friendly and prompt at providing missing items in room. However, should it not have been checked and provided prior to our arrival (kettle, laundry powder etc) ? We requested for an extra chair during booking but it was not provided (background: notice most dining comes with 4 chairs and we are a group of 5). One incident: Conceirge gave us wrong sister accom that we can park for free. It was not a sister accom at all and we made an empty trip. On checking, a different conceige told us the correct one. Imagine if we only had that afternoon left in Vegas and missed due to it.

Spacious apartment with kitchen. Coffee in lobby. Carpark just outside apartment (we stayed on ground level).

• One-Bedroom Suite

Absolutely amazing gated and secured property. Close to everything, but just far enough away. Home away from home. Will stay here every time....period.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Carpets were very dirty Dishwasher broken (on a longer stay I assume this would have been fixed)

Very nice appartment with everything you could ask for

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Room was great but close to the road and noisy would request a unit further in and away from the noise

It was still close to the strip and shuttle was handy. Lots of all night restaurants.

• One-Bedroom Suite

This self contained unit was brilliant and all facilities of unit and the resort were excellent - one of the best places we stayed in a long holiday. A car is probably needed. Washing mahcine and ryer were excellent.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The main entrance is closed due to repairments, so, sometimes was a bit difficult to take an uber as you always have to call the person and explain how to get there.

The property was supper clean, the staff was excellent and helpful, the place looked much better than what we could see on pictures. Everything was very very nice!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

we were at the first floor. We can hear second floor people moving chair and walking. It really bothered me. But My husband was ok. Noise doesn't bother him when he sleeping. If you are sensitive, ask for second floor.

very big apartment. they have everything you need. very clean and comfortable. kitchen good.

We stayed only 3 days.

It is the paradise. You have everything what you need. There are two pools and you have a chance to do barbecue next to the pool. We had the best time in there. The accomodation was clean and huge. There is a washing machine and dryer in the apartment, that are re useful as well.Moreover you have a balcony where you can sit and chill. There is a shuttle bus goes to the city is another thing is positive.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I liked everything about the property i hope to return next year.

The whole place was just excellent. Great staff, great shuttle service the two pools were nice and clean. There are little convenience stores close bye.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Clean apartment, comfortable beds, nice pool, friendly staff and a free shuttle bus to the strip, what more could you ask for. Enjoyed the fact that the hotel was off the strip making it the ideal location for a trip to Las Vegas.

We sadly had to cancel and rearrange dates as son couldn't fly so paid twice. No reimbursement.

Really helpful ideas of where to go given at check in. Free shuttle service booked in advance was great.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

air conditioned - too noisy also at the minimum

very nice extremely clean room with lot of space, kitchen and great appliances (oven, washer, dryer,...)

• One-Bedroom Suite

I was welcomed by very professional front desk representatives. The room was huge and very well equipped. The bed was clean and comfortable. I wished I could have stayed longer!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We were traveling with five kids enroute to Utah. We could not have found a better location to hold our kids over one night. The pool was amazing. Our kids swam for hours.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Carpet needed cleaning...unit facing busy street so a little noisy A/C .. loud but livable...

Beds were great!! Full equipped kitchen! huge rooms....2 full size bathrooms!...3 TVs :) Family pool/splash pad- separate adult pool :) Friendly staff....Very affordable! Large Balcony! great BBQ area...we had car but shuttle service available...

• One-Bedroom Suite

The rooms were so clean. This is so far the best hotel I have stayed in. My family truly enjoyed the stay in Desert Paradise. Will truly stay their on our next trip!!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

As of now I have no complaints.

I love how the rooms are clean and are espacious. I felt like I was at home, the rooms have everything your family needs. But I love that they have a separate pool area for the children.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Noisy air conditioning system that cannot be controlled independently in each room and living areas.

Spacious rooms that are fully equipped with kitchen, laundry facilities and even walk-in closets.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There is nothing not to like. I have never had an issue at a property. Maybe needing extra laundry detergent!?

I'm a Local, so I love places in Las Vegas that give me the comforts of home without being home. I feel safe at every Diamond property I have ever stayed at, whether Nevada, Arizona or Orlando. My daughter worked for Diamond before she died, so I also get to remember my good days. The staff is so attentive to my needs and comfort, always! When I tell them that I am staying by myself, they always check to make sure I have everything I need!! Even the housekeeping and grounds people are courteous and professional. If you get a chance and want beauty, peace and quiet, stick with Diamond Resorts! Thank you, Diamond Resorts and Booking.com!

• One-Bedroom Suite

My whole family (12 of us) had a great stay at the resort. My elder son and his family are thinking of visiting Las Vegas again next year and will definitely stay at the resort again.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I feel very comfortable with this room. I love very things in here. I secure staying here. It's very quiet and peaceful I love it. Would love to extend my stay but they all booked 😢😢😢. Anyway, I had great time here. Thanks...

• One-Bedroom Suite

The entrance/exit in on a fairly busy street, so if you're trying to turn left when leaving it can be a bit of a wait depending on the time of day.

This is my new go-to place when staying in Vegas. It's off the strip, but close enough to get to everything within a decent amount of time. The absolute best part is that you are not stuck in a hotel and have all the conveniences of a home or condo. I prefer to prepare my own food rather than eating out, so it's perfect!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

When we arrived we excepted a dodgy motel considering the price on booking.com ! However, it was totally the opposite, the place we super safe, really fancy, we thought we were at a wrong place because the price didn't match with the place (it was really fancy). I really recommend the place, we had paid 130 dollars for six people in an amazing apartment and they offer a free shuttle from the hotel to the boulevard and you also have a free pool!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

No kitchen towels. The unit was clean but I did find several bugs (dead) around the doors and windows.

I liked that the location was away from the crowds of the strip. Very quiet at night and the bed was very comfortable. My daughter was having back surgery at Spring Valley Hospital so I didn't spend much time at the resort. The staff was very nice and answered all my questions. I didn't have time to use the pool, gym or hot tub.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

We were in this facility for 3 nights and really liked it. Nice, spacious apartment, greatly equipped kitchen, big beds, bedrooms with separate bathrooms, fine grill area and the pool. We couldn't complain at all and I will recommend this place for stay to anyone.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The availability of using the kitchen to cook as an option instead of eating out all the time. The BBQ's are great idea but didn't use them this time. The pool facility and workout room were above adequate. The grounds were very clean and accessibility late at night a bonus to get back in to resort. The rooms were big with lots of room for a family. If you want some quietness and less traffic off the strip this is a great facility and a few minutes from the airport and also some good restaurants in both directions on Decatur Blvd

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Time shark sharks - beware and check out online reviews before attending or buying.

Location easy together/from the sites. Free shuttle to strip is convenient. One bed King was roomy. Kitchen good but who cooks here? Two nice pools. Kids one has a waterfall that looked popular. Free coffee near front desk. Nice resort close to strip. With Uber and the shuttle you could easily skip the rental car. Resort fee was 10 bucks a night which is low for Vegas.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Check out was too early. 10:00 am is early for a town the "never sleeps".

Rooms were very big with everything we needed. They were very nice to keep us close together.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

1. Not as posh as the place I usually stay, but still nice. 2. The resort fee drives me bananas (& the posh place doesn't charge one). I don't use any of the amenities, but I have to pay an extra fee for them anyway. It would be more honest to simply charge the full room rate up front, rather than have a sneak-attack, daily resort fee that gets ya' when you check in.

1. Fantastic location for my purposes: Very short, easy drive to the Mandalay parking garage for my conference; easy access to the 215 to get to Red Rock Canyon. 2. My request for a quiet location on the property was honored, & I couldn't have been happier with the peace & quiet. No road noise, no neighbor noise, no loud music, no problem!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There is no problem if you have a car/

We enjoyed very much for visiting the Western Nature, such as Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and the Valley of Fire State Park, as well as the amusements in Las Vegas

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Location is an Issue. I know it's 0.5 miles from the Strip but that is nine blocks and no one is walking that. No real restaurants around worth mentioning. The Pool is OK, no waterfall as in pictures.

The room was a real value. I really like the fact that the suite had a kitchen and there were grills near the pool. We were able to save hundreds of dollars in meals by cooking our own. I loved that we had a washer and dryer. The TVs were nice and the wi-fi was excellent. Really appreciated the shuttles to the Strip and Fremont street. Staff was really friendly. Work Out room was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

To be honest there wasn't anything we didn't like, anything we asked was dealt with.!!

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, so relaxing and very helpful staff.! Shuttle was fabulous!! Everything we needed.! Can't wait to come back 😀

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We were very disappointed by relatively old carpet (that crunches with each walking step), to the point that it was unsafe i.e. an area in front of couch was coming apart where I found my 21 month old unsafely playing with the unraveling carpet. Also, it was very annoying to be bothered at least 3 times by staff calling to invite us to "open house," which during the first phone call we declined! I think offering that once is enough, at check in is enough, anything more is pushy and bothersome. This happened to my friend and her family during the same stay, as we coordinated to stay at the same resort for our reunion.

Perfect location given nearby stores/restaurants. It was nice and much appreciated to find a clean place on checking in, from kitchen to bedroom and bathroom. Also, the front desk staff was friendly and promptly responsive.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

very nice place! just near by downtown las vegas , almost 5 minutes drive to las vegas main street . quiet and clean , comfort and relax . the layout is convenience . everything is beyond my expectation.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Nothing. This was a great place.

Laundry in the apartment (fabulous!) and kitchen included a stove. Pool area was clean and the main pool was heated well. The spa was also lovely. Short drive to outlet mall, and free shuttle to The Strip.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Couldn't find anything to complain about.

Cleaned the pool area everyday and the barques are very clean . Mid-week housecleaning was excellent. Also love the Adults only Pool !!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The only issue I had was the swarm of nats in the master bedroom. The staff did an excellent job of helping fix the situation.

Overall I loved my room and had an amazing experience. I will definitely be staying there again.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

It appears that the carpet hadn't been cleaned in a while. Our feet were dirty after walking on the carpet barefoot after our showers. Take slippers with you when you go.

A nice quiet place to come home to away from the noise and craziness of the strip. Fully equipped with all the amenities of home. Good value for the money.

Browse Desert Paradise Resort By Diamond Resorts traveller photo gallery