Reviews of Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West 2 stars

8536 Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA

#63 of 235 hotels in Kissimmee

Based on 1914 hotel reviews

Great price and it met all expectations for our one night. Starting with the owner, everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay again!

Entire room felt damp. I wouldn’t walk on the floor without socks as it felt so wet. We even put towels everywhere on the bathroom floor. The AC was loud and the bathroom was tiny. Parking lot at night was a little sketchy in the back area, but during the day it would be fine.

Only stayed a night before heading to our resort at Disney the next day. Good location, lots of food and little gift shops nearby. Staff was very friendly! Can’t beat the price. For an overnight trip, it suffices.

We came in early to see if we could have our belongings stored until check in time, we were going to Disney for the day. We weren't sure if it was the manager or owner was behind the counter. He asked the clerk to stop what she was doing to get us checked in. He right away checked the computer and 2 rooms were chosen. This was at 9 in the morning. We couldn't have been any more pleased with his quickness in taking care of us. This made our day.

The room numbers are very confusing. The bedsheets looked old and the curtains were in bad shape. We stayed only one night. The ice machines in the hotel did not work. One was clearly marked that it was broken, but the other didn't have a sign but it still didn't work.

The location was good. Close to everything.

Didn’t like that there was bagels and toast but no cream cheese. We had to buy our own and other guest had to do the same. There was only jam and butter.

The rooms were clean and comfy and the breakfast options were decent

The pool area is tiny and closes at dusk. Also, the breakfast was free but it was frozen waffles and cereal. No fruit was offered.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

They can improve the breakfast by offering fruits like Apple, Bananas, Watermelon, etc. And hot cereals. Elevator is pretty slow.

Friendly staff, very comfortable bed and cleanliness.

The pictures definitely made it seem a lot better than it was. We drove right past it because it didn't look like it did in the pictures. It was rather rundown and dingy. The room we stayed, there was tape over the smoke detector holes. Assuming a previous guest taped it up to be able to smoke in the room or something. The breakfast definitely didn't hold up to standards of the pictures. The selection was far from what was pictured and you had to cook it yourself, which is not something I've ever had to do before.

The staff was courteous. The room was sufficient for the time we were there. The bed was comfortable.

Wish the bathroom showers had more shelving to accommodate all the products of multiple people.

Clean rooms, lovely staff at the desk, and all around great location.

Breakfast selection was very limited - no healthy options /all carbs

It was very convenient to the Disney parks and restaurants- well lit parking lot, very comfortable beds, check - in staff were very friendly and accommodating

I can't find anything I didn't like

I have stayed at Destiny Palms several times and my last visit was no different. Friendly staff, clean facilities,close to everything,great location. Comfortable beds,nice size rooms.we will definitely be staying there again.

That they weren't much restaraunts around for people who walk and not drive.

It was comfortable and the kids loved the breaakfast. All of the staff I encountered were friendly, helpful and respectful.

Would like to see the breakfast serving time extended by at least an hour as my family does not get up early after a long night at the Disney parks. Definitely not a deal breaker though.

I almost always stay at Destiny Palms for my weekend trips to Kissimmee. Staff is always cheerful and helpful. The beds are very comfortable and the location is great. It may not be a five star hotel but there is great value for the price paid. Will continue booking at this location.

Breakfast could be better by adding some kind of bread and fresh fruits. The facilities at the room could be improved, like adding a coffee machine and some power outlets with usb combined.

Big rooms, beds very confortable. The shower is excellent. There is an elevator for superior floors. Free Wi-fi internet and parking zone. There is a swimming pool too. Near Disney and Universal Parks. They received a little box for me from Amazon and I wasn't charged for the service.

I didn't like the fact I had to leave!

The Staff were extremely helpful and bent over backwards for me when I wished to extend my stay for a few more days! (They even managed to keep me in the same room!) For the price I paid, I honesty wasn't expecting too much... It exceeded my expectations & I look forward to visiting again soon! Plenty of parking spaces available too!

Beds were never made up and no towels made up in room. We were suppose to have a handicapped room. No handicap room was available and they only had 2 handicap parking spots!!!!

Had a microwave.

Breakfast was basic and Im not really that particular; needed to run a little longer, esp on the weekend; we got in late Sat night and slept till 830 Sunday morning and had to rush to make the breakfast time; also will add that the time was from 6 to 9 and the breakfast attendant packed up promptly at nine no matter that people will still arriving and others were still sitting; I tried to get a bowl of cereal as we were sitting in the area at 900 and she had put the bowls away and took away the milk; our room had minimal water pressure for our showers; and the toilet seemed to not flush well; always had to flush it at least 2 times; pool looked clean but we could not take advantage as it also closed at dusk; finally there seems to be a discrepancy on my credit card; I was charged twice for the initial 'hold' ; the hotel says I wasn't and says it was a 'bank error' so we shall see how this shakes out, but Im not optimistic it will be in our favor.

Beds were comfortable; I have a bad back and my back didn't hurt in the morning after waking up; location was away from all the congestion, yet several restaurants and a Super Target close by; room was clean; ;

The breakfast is poor. No cheese, no eggs, nothing salty. Only bread, cereal, milk and juice. No jam, bacon or another side for bread. No waffles. Poor breakfast service.

Great staff

Room has a smell if AC is not running . Heat had a burning smell, causing the smoke detector to go off.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean rooms but outdated. The location was great. Restaurants close by and Disney World approx 10mins away.

Maybe an update would be good. But I think that was in the process.

Loved the fact that the owner was at the property. Great guy! Staff was super friendly.

The beds are super comfortable. The rooms are always clean and fresh and the staff goes above and beyond. Evey member of the staff is welcoming, friendly, and professional.

The road signs pointing out the hotel were not very clear.

Very affordable place to stay if going to DIsney! Room was large and comfortable. Staff were lovely and always with a smile. We were missing one bath towel, and housekeeping was very efficient to provide us with two full sets of towels and toiletries. Thanks!

The breakfast was hardly anything. No eggs no sausage no yogurt only frozen waffles frozen pancakes. The room was too small and not thoroughly clean. Washer machine and dryer were expensive.

The room was more than enough for the purposes of my visit, but I do believe that it would feel just a little more spacious if it had 2 full beds instead of queens. However, even with the 2 queen beds, the room felt like a comfortable size for those of us planning to spend most of the day in the parks.

The hotel was a delight! The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The staff was also incredibly nice and created a quick and easy check in/out process. The complimentary breakfast was also great. They had a selection of cereal, oatmeal, waffles, pancakes,and bagels.

The bathrooms are outdated, rooms are smaller than expected and the contenintal breakfast is lousy and you’d be better off eating somewhere else

The convenience to Disney was great and the area is quiet

Couldn't check out late without having to pay for an additional night.

Fairly quiet.ckean and comfortable.breakfast included.coffee and tea available all day.

The only complaint is the bathroom. There was a foul oder from the shower. The bathroom has no window and the fan wasn't working properly so Im pretty sure that was why. We made sure to leave the door opened when it wasnt in use to air it out and it definitely helped.

This is your ordinary budget hotel near the parks. The location was great and there is a Mcdonalds in front which was very convenient. Hotel Breakfast wasn't great but definitely wasn't bad either. The hotel staff surpassed my expectations. They were so nice, inviting, and very informative. Especially the guy with the information on tours next to the check in desk. Nice sized room and the beds were very comfortable. Actually made it kind of hard to get up on time to make it to the parks. Refrigerator came in handy. For the price we paid and the 15 minute drive to the parks, I would definitely stay here again.

Was expected to tip for cleaners on top of hotel rate, only hotel I stayed at where this was expected. Bit rude for tourists who don't understand that way. cleaning costs should be included in price of the hotel for the night not after you've booked and already paid.

Beds were comfortable, felt safe in hotel and very clean staff not as friendly as other hotels stayed at.

The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired, and the space it was held in was very small and crowded

The room was clean and the price was very reasonable

If I had to write something slightly negative it would be that the room is a little small but it didn't bother us.

Much better than we were expecting for the price. 10 minutes from Disney, tons of food and shopping very close. The staff was amazing! I can't say anything negative about this place!!

The room was rather too small for the two queen beds in it. It was cramped for three adults.

Comfortable beds, fairly quiet - needed just a nights sleep close to Disney.

Nothing to complain about

Beautiful, clean establishment. Excellent location, close to everything. The staff was SUPER!!! We loved staying at this place. Very cozy and comfortable. I told my friends when they visit Orlando to stay here.

Breakfast could be a bit more than heat-em-up waffles and pancakes, but it was fine for the purpose of our stay.

Staff was absolutely incredible! Beds were excellent - we didn’t want to get up in the morning! We will absolutely be staying here again on our next Disney trip!

Breakfast could have included eggs, meat and/or yogurt. Only bread items and oatmeal and cereal offered

Relatively quiet. Fairly clean. Nice big shower.

The small supply of breakfast but then McDonald's is in walking distance so it really didn't make a difference.

The staff was extremely friendly and the maids cleaned the room daily. The hotel is also very close to everything. We went to Disney World, Sea life, and Aquatica, all were less then 30 minutes away. Even down to the pool was warm for comfort.

Amazing quality, amazing price. Super short drive to Disney parks (BEST PART!!). Exactly what we were looking for!! Clean rooms. Comfortable bed. Felt very safe returning to the hotel's well lit parking lot late at night.

The staff are polite and are willing to go the extra mile to make sure the guest are happy. They checked us in early with no charge, the property manager gave my girls Disney trading pins. The rooms were clean and comfy. Close to everything, particularly Disney which is why we were in Florida. Price was awesome, there’s no negative I can think of for this place. I’m so happy we found this gem!

The maid service right at 11AM knocking on the door to see tell us check out time was at 11. My wife was laying down while I was packing the car and she said the room was occupied several times and the cleaning crew still came in.

The hotel did a discount of my account the night before we arrived when we came and payed they did another transaction. I have two discounts of my account the first one for the night before and the other one for the three days that we stayed at the hotel

Breakfast session quit too early even though you can bring the food to your room. (~ 9 a.m.) Hair dryer was broken when we check-in but never had fixed until we check-out

Price makes sense to stay here. Laundromat machine was very clean to use more than any other hotel

The lighting in the bathroom mirror area could be a little brighter but that’s not extremely important, just if I am being picky

The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Great location within driving distance to Disney. Very good value!

Well-loved, slightly worn facility; wonky key card mechanisms; smellevator with occasionally stuck 2nd floor button; broken ice machine on floor; pool clean but grayish; smash&grab in parking lot; cute lizard on wall; broken lock on bathroom door...

Proximity to parks and price! Excellent Disney ambassadors and super nice management and owner. Satisfactory breakfast buffet. An adequate place to collapse at end of busy day.

NOTHING

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GREAT. POLITE, KNOWLEDGEABLE & EXTREMELY HELPFUL. MY MOTHER IS 90 YRS OLD & WAS FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET ONTO THE HI BED. THEY REMOVED THE FRAME FROM UNDER THE BED SO THE BED WAS LOWER. THE OWNER IS THERE ALMOST ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS. SO NATURALLY EVERYTHING RUNS BEAUTIFULLY. IF I GO BACK TO DISNEY, I WUD STAY AT THIS PLACE AGAIN.

Breakfast was very basic. No fruit or yogurt. Only hot food we microwave pancakes or toaster waffles.

Front desk woman was GREAT! Had a few issues and she was very helpful, aaccommodating and friendly.bed was comfortable.

The room was very small and the carpet and shower were not as clean as we would have liked.

Staff was friendly and location to Disney and restaurants was excellent.

The continental breakfast was a joke. It was some opened boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk sat out with opened bread and bagels. I didn’t let my son eat the cereal wasn’t sure how long the milk was out. The hotel is extremely outdated the carpet in the hall is so old it’s coming up and decentergrating. We stayed in a two queen bed room. The furniture is to big for the room. The room is really small. There was only a shower in the bathroom not enough room for a tub. The light switch in the bathroom was broken you could seethe wires. The light in the shower had barnacles on it from where it has not been clean in sometime. We had three lights out in the bedroom. The carpet was so nasty I didn’t want to walk on it without shoes. Only one ice machine in the whole hotel and it was on the second floor. We got back at the hotel at 4pm and our room was still not cleaned. The outlets were so worn out they wouldn’t even hold a phone charger they kept falling out. Had to charge my phone in the car.

The beds were comfortable. Staff was nice.

Old dated property, very LOUD maids in the morning at 8 AM (not everyone goes to Disney at 7AM) lights in room didnt match, shower was small, room really tiny.

Clean and location good

The room felt a little damp and could be small for families. The area surrounding the hotel did not seem like the best but I had no issues. My only real complaint was that they had bagels but no cream cheese on the breakfast bar.

The staff was incredibly friendly. The room was clean and had plenty of room for a solo traveler. The bed was not the pillowy bed I’m used to but was quite comfortable. I loved that they left samples of toothpaste and Lipton tea in the room. I only drink tea and I always forget toothpaste.

No bath tub, the shower room is quite small, the shower door won't close tightly so cause leaking water on the floor

Breakfast was very good, bagels, pancakes, waffles, cereals...beds were comfy..lots restaurant near the hotel

That the laundry facility was only available from 8:00-8:00. I was gone all day so I wasn’t able to do my laundry while I was there.

Clean room near where I needed to be for a decent price.

Breakfast and had some trouble with the cleaning staff as far as making beds and stocking room with coffee etc

Location is great and staff very friendly

The rooms were small and smelled musty. The furniture was old and all marked up. The shower was severely outdated and all fixtures need to be replaced (leaking, hardly any water pressure, dirty stained floors). The A/C worked great but the sign at the front desk told us not to turn on the heat or it would set off the fire alarms, ummm..nice. We lost power for 5 hours one night while sleeping so my insulin was no good considering the fridge wasn't very cold to begin with. We were located right behind McDs and restaurant so our view was of the drive thru. The breakfast was a joke...bread, bagels, eggo waffles and frozen pancakes...everything had to go in the toaster or microwave. Two types of cereal and instant oatmeal. Apple or orange juice and coffee...that's it's! I'm a diabetic so I couldnt have anything since it's all carbs. I was very upset and underwhelmed. Oh and the pool, ha! Hope no more than 8 people go at a time cause not enough room to sit all at once. Wasn't very clean either.

The lobby was decorated nicely

Carpets were very dirty beyond cleaning and needs to be changed. Room was small for a double bed.

Location was good and close to attractions. Good room service.

The staff was so nice . They really could not have been any nicer. Chuck was great as was the lovelyvlady at counter. The hotel was super clean and beds were comfortable. The ladies who ran the breakfast were helpful and we had a good night there. I would stay there again.

Would like to have had some fresh fruit for breakfast and we left a wake up call at the desk in person and it never came!

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was friendly and location was good.

I felt I paid a little too much for my room. This is a $50/night room never pay more! The floors were scary also.

Loved the location and that they offered some kind of bfast for my kids. McDonald’s was within walking and lots of parking.

One thing they could improve on is detail with housekeeping. Getting around the edges and into the corners with the vacuum and dusting. Add apples and oranges to the breakfast.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Paul and the Staff all very friendly and helpful. Good value. Quiet. Wide variety if restaurants nearby. Easy drive to Disney

Breakfast area very cramped, limited options; same options 4 days in a row. Did not provide enough towels/washcloths for the number of guests in our room.

Detail cleaning in the room, carpet needs to be cleaned around the edges. Dusting needs to be done between the furniture pieces, visible dust accumulation. Some fruit at the breakfast would be nice touch.

Bed and pillows really comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Safe location. You can see the owner is in the process of updating the facility.

Only drawback is there isn’t a lot of storage in the room if you are traveling with more than 2 people. (Two small drawers and a hang up wardrobe.) Be aware there is no tub, just a shower.

Excellent budget hotel. Clean room. Friendly staff. Close to the theme parks. Comfy bed. Free breakfast is basic but with the mini fridge and microwave in room, it’s easy to make a decent meal out of the free breakfast. Quiet building. Great WiFi.

No coffee pot in room, ask twice for one never received,luckily a McDonald's right nextdoor so still got my coffee to get through my day

Nice clean rooms ,big fluffy comfy beds nice pillows,very courteous staff

Property was in a good location on 192. Great restaurant directly in front of hotel also. Beds were comfortable and room was plenty big enough. Staff was friendly and attentive as well. Would definitely stay again on another trip!

The rooms weren’t very clean nor was the hotel. Needed a vacuum and walls washed. No closet space at all. Had tom live out of a suitcase for 7days. The maid service wasn’t thorough found so much dust and crumbs from previous stays. On the day we left listened to an argument between staff at the front desk. Didn’t appreciate someone knocking on the door at 8am when check out wasn’t until 11.

The staff were friendly and willing to help with anything which was really nice. Always said good morning :)

The breakfast situation. We had dirty sheets upon arrival.

The hotel was really nice for such an amazing price. Staff was really helpful. Room was really nice as well.

They charge me extra money by mistake and it is still in my credit card. Staff was friendly AFTER they found out about the mistake in my bill. Before that not that friendly

The bed was amazing. View to the parking lot not great.

Our towels were taken and we didn't get clean ones until we asked. We received clean bath towels but not any of the other ones.

All staff were more than exceeding friendly

The room was tiny! Barely enough room for daughters pack-n-play. Bathroom only had a shower. Didn’t work so well with bathing a little one. Pool was not very clean.

It was clean.

Breakfast could be better. Three lights were out . The pool wasn’t clean to go swimming.

The bed was soft. The staff was very friendly . Rooms were clean .

The room smelled funny and it was way small and outdated. I bet if they got rid of the old carpets it would look and smell better. Room was overpriced.

Front desk person was very nice and helpful.

The pictures on the website of the hotel are not real. The rooms are incredibly small. No closets and a very tiny bathroom. When we first got there we realized our shower head was COVERED in black mold. We told the receptionist in the morning who said she would take care of it that day. We got back in the evening and it had not been taken care of. We asked the receptionist who told the manger. The manager was very friendly and accommodating. He took care of the issue immediately. A few days later i realized one of the maids had stolen money off the night stand that i had left there. I then felt like i had to hide all of my expensive belongings. Also the complementary breakfast is bagels and frozen waffles and pancakes. We were very disappointed about that and skipped out on the breakfast.

The manager was friendly and accommodating.

The rooms were very small. The bathroom was outdated and falling apart. The pool was dirty. The continental breakfast was crowded, small and not much of a selection.

The location and the price were respectable.

Although they had a great breakfast spread, it was all carbs such as cereal and pancakes, so we couldn't enjoy it. Would like to see some fruit and maybe eggs as well. But, the breakfast was free and was appreciated by a lot of the guest.

It was a very comfortable stay that was near the parks we wanted to go to. The staff was friendly and the room cozy and clean. We booked a king sized bed and slept very well indeed. Overall it was a great value for the price.

The only problem was stray noise from other guest aircom

We took a chance in booking here but now would have no hesitation to book here again. The staff are very helpful and are always courteous and cheerful.

The bed was terrible. Loud and ignorant housekeepers. The hotel is approx 80-100 meters away from the road, behind restaurants. It has no neon signs on the side of the road so quite difficult to find it in the evening.

Well i didn't like the non smoking everywhere. We were promised a 1 o'clock checkout, with no additional charge by the hotel with a confirmation e-mail. By 11:30 the maid was BANGING on the door EVEN WITH A "Do not disturb" sign. Completely unprofessional!!!!! Then the front desk was calling a minute after. When i spoke to the woman at the front desk she had no clue about the time promised for checkout. When we checked in they were aware of our promised checkout time. Serious lack of communication. The manager calls the room and then said we could stay til 1. We were so disgusted that we left. The breakfast was horrible. Mostly frozen foods. We were promised extra pillows and they did not provide it upon check in. I had to go back downstairs and get it. Other than that, the room was clean, nice and the shower was amazing! However, i will not be staying here again, not for the price i paid with poor customer service skills.

Bathroom and shower was amazing t.v to small no channel guide very few stations