Reviews of Meadowlands View Hotel 3 stars

2750 Tonnelle Avenue, North Bergen, NJ 07047, USA

#5 of 7 hotels in North Bergen

• Executive Business Queen Room

Options for breakfast could be improved. Also was a bit surprised to see plastic plates and forks. Also, the extra sum was blocked on my CC which was an unpleasant surprise but the issue was solved.

Location is good. Rooms are nice and clean. Staff is pleasant and polite.

• King Room - Smoking

After all the money I did spend staying at your Hotel, you think I might have received 1 free night. Or maybe a couple of tickets for my partner and I to go on one of your charter buses into the city . That's about it .

Eggs were fine . As to the bed, I wouldn't say fluffy . But it was firm . Most of all I found a certain young lady at the check in counter to have always made our entire stay which by the way was at least 3 weeks exseptionally well taken care of as well as we were treated like family . I want to give a shout out for Monique .Thanks to her we always enjoyed everything that the Meadowlands View Hotel has to offer . Hope to be back soon . Thank you and God Bless .

• Executive Business Double Room

Ac wasn't cool enough. Location wasn't as convenient as we thought The shuttle service was good getting to the city, but late most of the times coming back in the evenings.

Staff was very nice and friendly Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. We liked the continental breakfast, it was fresh everyday: coffee, eggs, sausage, tater tots & bagels

• Executive Business Queen Room

Tv was only available at extra cost. No kettle or tea bags in room.

Reasonable priced because hotels in New York are very expensive. Hotel shuttle bus was very reliable and good value for money. We liked that me and my daughter had a double bed each in a spacious room and comfortable beds. Lovely and clean and clean bathroom

• Executive Business Queen Suite

The ice machine on THE floor was OUT if order, but just used another on a different floor! No big deal.

first time booking their Suite, and the misses and I had a great stay!!

• Executive Business King Room

Location and shuttle services were great! Area doesn’t look great outside of hotel but my daughter and I felt perfectly safe. I would definitely stay here again. Really nice place for the money.

• Executive Business Queen Room

*/*/*/*/WARNING*/*/*/*/* We stayed at the Meadowview Hotel on the 27th May 2018 for 4 nights, first impressions were good, it looked ok. However we woke up the next morning covered in insect bite marks, I had 20 on my body and my wife 5, luckily my 2 year old in a cot avoided being bitten (the floor was ceramic under her cot). The marks on our bodies go in a straight line and are also clustered in groups of two or three and very itchy, from what I have goggled similar to bed bug marks, but I did see pets in the hotel so could be fleas. We informed reception and they moved us to a new room, however my wife and I were sure we were being bitten in the new room as well. We had to have the air con on all night to keep it so cold that we could hide below the sheets in order not to be bitten. Really not a nice experience. We itched from the bites all week and for around 4-5 days after we left. My wife still has scars from this 13 days after the event. I cannot confirm what bit us but from symptoms it is in line with bed bugs. We lifted the mattress, which was on another mattress and it wasn't pleasant, see photos. The hotel manager advised that she would get someone in to investigate and let us know the outcome, but since leaving we have had no communication with them at all even after 3 emails to the email addresses they gave me, I believe they do not care about this sort of thing. I warned the hotel that am going to post this negative review but still no response, not even a courtesy response. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, IF I WAS TO BOOK AGAIN I WOULD 100% CHOOSE ANOTHER HOTEL. THIS EXPERIENCE TARNISHED OUR TIME IN NEW YORK, ITCHING EVERYDAY AND THINKING YOU ARE BRING BITTEN IS NOT FUN */*/*/*/* DO NOT BOOK */*/*/*

The breakfast was ok

• Executive Business Queen Room

Lots of noise from the road, windows have no sound isolation. Location is ok, but not the same as staying in NYC. Nearest bus is 1km away from the hotel.

Good value for money. Decent breakfast included. Large rooms.

• King Room - Smoking

Ice machine only on one floor.

The shuttle to NY was great value. The free Breakfast wasn't bad. Staff were very friendly. I also liked that they let me park my car in the lot for my checkout date till late at night.

• Executive Business Double Room

the shuttle service/driver put profit over professionalism: the shuttle was scheduled to leave at 8am (i was travelling to attend a class in New York, NY) and as late as 8:15, he was still "selling tickets"!!! :( the restaurant added EIGHTEEN% GRATUITY on a 2-person check...how? why? :(

the room was sooo pretty...and big. the staff was friendly and accommodating. the view sucked but it's Jersey so that's ok. i would DEFINITELY stay again!

• Executive Business Queen Room

Location: The location of the hotel is not convenient in terms of public transport. The nearest bus stop was around 1.5 km from the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle facility to Times Square. They charge $12 per person for a return trip. Breakfast: The hotel allows no more than 30 minutes per table for the breakfast. They also say that one person is allowed only one croissant. This coupled with the fact that you cannot take away anything, makes taking breakfast rather a race. Overall, it does not leave a good taste in the mouth... as if one is begging for it (especially so when one has paid extra for the breakfast). Coffee: While coffee is available, creamer gets over by the evening and they don't refill the basket. You ask the staff and what you hear in response is a flat "sorry it's over."

Breakfast spread was good. Room size was decent. We were two adults and one child (7 years) in the room.

• Double Room - Smoking

Shower was broken My friend was booked into wrong room and had to move at night Too crowded at breakfast

Shuttle was convenient and not too pricey Breakfast was awesome Size of room was good Toiletries were good Room was very clean Beds were comfy

• Executive Business Double Room

It smelled like cigarettes and marijuana. People were loud outside our door at 3am. The staff was very aloof and not very friendly. The facilities just felt slightly dirty.

Conveniently located to the Lincoln bridge to hop over to the city. Breakfast buffet was delicious, and the hotel was vintage and unique.

• Executive Business Double Room

Nice Breakfast but because of limited seats had to wait in Que to enjoy it ( 15-20 min ), may be because of long weekend hotel was totally full.

Nice Breakfast, comfortable bed.

• Executive Business Double Room

I didn't like the delays returning to the hotel on the shuttle but traffic is unpredictable.

The breakfast was great and the shuttle to the city was also.

• Executive Business Double Room

The windows was blocked. It not allowing opening for fresh air, whem the weather was good.

O custo benefício foi muito bom (the cost benefit was very good). O café da manhã era para todos os gostos (the breakfast was for all tastes). It had a shuttle service to New York with low cost by bus.A

• Executive Business Double Room

1) Not so close to Time square as the comments says. So you know, the bus to go to the hotel is in front of the new york times building (ask the driver if he goes to the Super 8 Hotel, North Bergen). Because we struggle a lot to go there. Plus, to go back to NYC, there is buses indeed but sometimes the driver wait until the bus is full to get off. Once you waited for the bus + you waited for the people to fill le bus + going to NYX with the traffic = it can take 45 min to an hour ! 2) The mattress is too bouncy so when someone move in the bed, it wakes the other up. It was impossible to sleep together. Plus it is very noisy, bring earplugs with you.

Clean. Price

• Executive Business Double Room

The pillows were small and uncomfortable the curtain would not close all the way, along the light in all night and the sunlight came in strong in the morning. the cleaning staff came at 8 am while we were still in bed, twice. elevators were questionable

• Executive Business Double Room

There was some confusion because there was an error in rates on the booking.com site but the staff worked very hard to fix this and eventually honored the initial rates. Thank you Monique for your patience and all your help!

The lobby staff was friendly and very patient, the rooms were tidy and the beds very comfortable. There was a good choice of breakfast items that were included in the rate and the restaurant on the 12th floor was lovely.

• Executive Business Double Room

Issues with price paid on booking verses what hotel states they charged. Had to be refunded 3x!!! For hotel charging me for the same night!!! Got 1 refund in cash and charged again in following am. Got 2nd cash refund and within 2 hours got charged a third time for same night. Had to get my bank involved to reverse transaction.

Breakfast was pretty good

• Executive Business Double Room

Washing machine and dryer not working properly . Soda machines and ice machines rarely worked or were not filled .

Loved the view from our room .Breakfast buffet was great . Staff was very accommodating .

• Executive Business Double Room

The facilities are old, they did some renovation but it still feels old.

The breakfast is great, and the room is clean. fancy bathroom. location is not bad, easy access to restaurant and market by car.

• Executive Business Double Room

Hotel was not a warm atmosphere with all tile from top to bottom. Very noisy every time a door shut you jump out of your skin with no carpet to absorb the noise and constant traffic with blinding lights shinning in the room even with blinds closed it was like having a lamp on. Bed was not a king more like a queen.

Staff was very helpful!

• Executive Business Double Room

It was only a bit confusing to prebook the shuttle without a hotel room number, and the hotel wouldn't check us in in the morning when we arrived.

The hotel was easy to access from the highway, and the shuttle into Times Square was very convenient. It was also terrific to have a free breakfast in the morning, and one of the staff even got me a cup of decaf!

• Executive Business Queen Room

View. Internet. Staff service. The old look of the place. Smelly.

Internet doesnt work, There is no customer service. This is a self serve hotel. If your remote has not batteries you need to get them yourselves. Useless staff.

• Executive Business Queen Room

No toothbrush/ toothpaste by default. But desk staff is quick to provide on upon request for free in the middle of the night. Very responsive staff.

Free breakfast

• Executive Business Queen Room

The hotel reception and corridors were in need of revamping.

The hotel rooms have been re-decorated and to a good standard. For a trip to NY, although the hotel is in New Jersey, there us a regular shuttle service which was really useful.

• King Room - Smoking

Vending machines not working or not filled. Gift shop in lobby very limited in snacks. International calls not possible from room telephones. Travel from New York by taxi 45 to 50 dollars.

Cleanliness of room and lobby. Shuttle bus to New York very convenient. Free WiFi. Location of the bar and restaurant. Located outside of New York City but not too far for quick travel. Breakfast.

• Queen Room - Smoking

The mattresses however need to be a bit better quality as i woke up with a bit of back pain. Only matter that should be addressed further.

Staff member attending (male) was very attentive and breakfast was excellent. Each time I have stayed all staff members have been courteous and helpful. The room was quite comfortable.

• Executive Business Double Room

MANAGER is rude and most staff is clueless, upon check in the gave me an occupied Room and enter a Room with a naked man in the bed. Room is dirty with nasty, sheets, bed covering including the floor under the beds. Laundry facility doesn't all work including 1 washer and dryer don't dry. Not sure how you calculated a 3.3 rating that's false. All my answers but location were a fail.

• Executive Business Queen Room

I didn't like that after I checked in the staff didn't really help me about getting to New York. The hotel is in a very awkward spot. Not at all walking distance to anything but the price of the hotel was cheap

The staff were friendly when I turned up early and they checked me in earlier. That was great. It's also good value for money. Bed was super comfy

• Executive Business King Room

The location is very convenient,you get New Jersey prices but also get a New York experience as it’s only 15 minutes away.The shuttle service to and fro is really good!

• Executive Business Queen Room

Needs updated, most foreign workers were had to understand. Only 2 elevators worked with one being a service elevator. I had paid already then when we got to hotel we were charged another $36. I had to ask for maganger to ask why, something about taxes, but said it will back off when we check out.

Clean.

• Executive Business Queen Room

The internet is not working properly on the 7th flow where I was staying considering I was not roaming it was so irritating staying there without internet. Otherwise the amenities there are very good

• Double Room - Smoking

My bathroom was dirty, the halls smelled of smoke. Then to top it off, the elevator broke and I was trapped in it. My only option was to jump up out of it while the staff held it and risk my life. People have been cut in half from doing this (so I had a friend document it) I wanted a refund for this debacle but I was so mad I left. Perhaps now this can be done.

Staff was okay

• Queen Room - Smoking

Room was nice looked clean I just kept picking up white hair on my socks like an animal was staying there before me . I’d says that was all about the only thing I didn’t like.

I liked how quick and easy the process was

• Executive Business Double Room

Room cold.. heater had a cold fan.. complained twice with no help from staff.. gave me extra blankets.. should have a warm room!!!

Breakfast ok.. good value

• Executive Business Queen Room

There's lots of noise in lower floors due to the highway, the receptionist had very weak communication and poor customer service.He never asked us if we wanted to pay cash for deposit and blocked it from our credit card

Breakfast was ok, clean rooms and good room service

• Executive Business Double Room

The room was very dirty compared to other times Ive stayed here. I had to clean dried urine off of the toilet seat.

A nice stay close to a bus that will take you straight to time square.

No real complaints.

Loved the free breakfast, which was really a breakfast (eggs, sausage, potatoes, bagels, . . .) and the staff was extremely helpful. Once I figured out the NJ Transit system, it was great.

My room window had a bad seal which it make the cold come inside my room and the noise from the street

I like all the stuff i met there they are so nice and helpful

• Executive Business Double Room

That I was given a room with no lock on it room 320. It was corrected but that’s not the point... we had to move after the first night of a 2 night stay. Also, what would have occurred if when we left the first day and didn’t know the lock was broken and someone took our belongings... it didn’t happen but I am confident the hotel would have said it was no their responsibility.

Felicia in the restaurant on the 12th floor was fantastic!! Danny at the front desk was awesome as well.

• Executive Business Queen Room

Slow wifi, slightly outdated decor and dirty windows with noticable traffic noise coming through. Shuttle service often late. Transport links to Manhattan are not great.

Good breakfast and functional rooms. Everything you'd expect from a hotel. Comfy large beds.

• Executive Business Queen Room

There was some hassle with the payment, I had a valid credit card through booking but the man who was working the night shift made me pay some international fee. the room itself looked different on booking. Dont get me wrong it was great but still

The breakfast was really good! Lots of different option to pick from. The bed was really nice and the room was big and nice. The women in the lobby were super helpful and kind. Shuttle bus service cheap and good

• Executive Business King Room

Wallpaper was falling off wall, minimum sink space. Not enough sockets in room. I was charged an additional amount of money after the stay.

Location, hospitality, breakfast

• Executive Business Double Room

The toilet was too low to the ground! It was difficult to get off the commode easily. The shower was the opposite it was so tall you were nervous stepping out of it. 2 pillows each bed not enough

• Executive Business Queen Room

Asked repeatedly for a night stand next to the bed ...never provided. Same breakfast for five days. Hard to find a working ice machine.

Nice TV, good coffee in room, refrigerator, bidet

• Executive Business Queen Room

For the money, you really shouldn't expect more. However, I thought it was a little odd that there was only 1 chair and no standalone table in the (kind bed) room. Not a deal-breaker at all, just odd. To balance that out, there was reasonably useable tabletop-like space adjoined to the rectangular wall table/dresser.

I'm glad that there were no problems/concerns with cleanliness or odors. Meadowlands is clearly not a top-tier facility, but it is definitely nice and well worth consideration. I was very glad and thankful for the NYC shuttle. It goes directly to Times Square and the shuttle intervals were reasonable. They have different size vehicles to anticipate scheduled (and some overflow) capacity needs. Like!

• Executive Business Queen Room

The restaurant on the 12th floor didn't answer the phone at 3pm. I had to order carry out.

The decor was very nice. I loved the 24" tiles on the floor and the 12" tiles on the walls in the bathroom. The tea tree toiletries were soothing and fragrant. The heater was phenomenal.

• Queen Room - Smoking

The hotel charged our bus driver for parking $50.00. Free parking and breakfast was included in this hotel. He did pay the $50.00. The drivers name is Andrew Mills and we would like a refund of $50.00. We will think twice before we use this hotel. They did not honour their contract.

Our bus driver stayed at the Hotel the night before he was to pick us up at the New York Cruise Terminal. 26 March 18. The Company was Franklin Coach Lines, from Belleville, Ont. He was very satisfied with the hotel, and was thinking of using this hotel again but with the passengers on board before we sail.

• Executive Business Queen Room

It would've been nice of them to post the cost of the breakfast. I didn't realize that there was even a cost until my friend wondered why they asked for our room number when she went down for breakfast. That is a little sneaky in my opinion.

The price and location were the main reasons we stayed here.

• Executive Business Queen Room

we stayed for two nights, we loved the Hotel very well clean and organized, the breakfast was great. We liked the location, we will certainly stay the next time.

• Executive Business Double Room

Pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and clean room I got at the last minute for a quick weekend trip to New York. The bed was comfortable, the heating worked well, and the bathroom was clean with good water pressure. I didn't need the wifi, so I couldn't speak to that. I felt like it was a good value. Easy, free parking also helped!

• Double Room - Smoking

not taking my money when I already paid cash

stay at this hotel the last 3times , at check out , took money off my card , and I had to call the hotel to explain what happen , the bad part was I paid in cash on check in day, waited 3days to get my money back , happened to many times ,each person I spoke with gave me a different answer, the accountant number I called 4times ,never called me back at all, and the food I ordered , the wings , were reheated not fresh.bad for business in a nice hotel.

• Executive Business King Room

The staff was very helpful, I wasn't sure how to get around once I was in New York and they gave me handwritten directions and told me to call the hotel with any problems

• Queen Room - Smoking

some of the staff in reception weren't too friendly, I requested early check in. and they offer me another room and I have to pay more to check in early, also it was my wedding anniversary and no-one said anything or at least a little note in the room, wasn't to impress with your customer service.

breakfast staff were nice and attended

• Executive Business Queen Room

Sink space could be bigger, and the wall paper was falling off (under the window), the blanket had a slight dirt stain on it on my arrival. But I was too exhausted to complain. Despite all of that, I will come back because the amenities and extra things were worth it.

Free parking, Staff was friendly. Bathroom was spacious. The toilet has a bidet.

• Executive Business Queen Room

I have stayed many times before but this time, I found the rooms lacking things....like: no night tables...no full length mirror and no mirror other than one in bathroom ....which was small. Not sure where these things went that I had experienced in the rooms in the past. So a little disappointed.

nice breakfast included....shuttle to NYC very convenient.......staff were great ....Bed was comfy with nice feeling linens.

• Executive Business Queen Room

In my opinion the breakfast could've been a little more better. They could change the menu up a bit more, we always eat the same thing. But other than that everything else is good.

The bed was great & pillows were fluffy, very clean room.

• Executive Business Double Room

Below average breakfast with old bagels. Coffee machine in lobby with no coffee. Very unstable hot water in shower Expensive choice by receptionist of taxi from hotel to Central Park ("Royal Taxi" $ 65)

Easy to find the hotel Helpful and sweet receptionist The room was spacious The lifts were efficient

• Executive Business Double Room

I didn’t like how when I’ve gotten there they told me tht I had to have 100$ on the card and when I booked it online it didn’t say anything about it. So I didn’t stay.

• Executive Business Double Room

We had 4 people staying in the room but only 3 wash clothes was provided.

The staff was awesome! The proximity to Times Square was great and the cost made it well worth it.

• Executive Business King Room

I requested a room with a walk in bathroom, and instead of notifying me that there was not any availanle, they kept sending me to different rooms total of 5 to be exact that did not have wjat I wanted. Poor customer service

• Executive Business Queen Room

for a Saturday night there was only one person at the front desk and she was slow.

Location is great, plenty of free parking and hotel room was nice for a short weekend trip!

• Executive Business King Room

The fact that I know for a fact I left my charger and when I called to claim the item left behind I was told they never found such item so I would never be renting from a hotel whose cleaning staff is so petty to steal a charger.

Nothijng

Breakfast was ok, but not much choice. The facility is a bit old, but well maintained and clean.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was big enough to accommodate all of us (2 adults and 3 children) with enough space for the kids to play.

• Executive Business Queen Room

No slippers. but that's livable. the breakfast area was kind of small, so there's a 30 minute eating limit if there are a lot of guests

The bed was comfortable enough. the breakfast menu was delicious, but it did lack variety.

• Executive Business King Room

Always has been a great experience when coming here. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Many places in the area to eat. Easy on and Easy off to major highway. Thank you.

• Executive Business Double Room

The staff could be a little more helpful. The lady at the front desk seemed to to not really know a lot. We asked questions and was kind of rude. Waitstaff In the restaurant was very rude. The hotel was was worth the money.

THE location was perfect! The staff is okay. Sometimes not all that helpful. The staff that runs the shuttle service were very nice. You can’t beat the shuttle service into the city. It was very convenient and we didn’t have to drive our car into the city. I was very pleased with the hotel overall. The room was perfect and was wort what we paid. I would stay here again.

• Executive Business Queen Room

Nothing comes to mind I was truly please at the location the facilities the front desk staff and especially the value of the stay

The entire experience was great from front to end I was in room 701 which was clean and decorated like a five-star hotel I had not one complaint during my entire tonight's day and would recommend this to both friends family and even coworkers I like to especially say thank you to the people working in the lounge restaurant the food and the service was outstanding

• Executive Business Double Room

Same choices for the breakfast during the whole stay.

Good breakfast, many choices to choose from. Property is accessible by Jitney and a short walk. Jitney is more convenient to use than bus when travelling to and from NYC.

• Double Room - Smoking

The breakfast was excellent, the staff were informative and friendly, the rooms were clean and very comfortable beds, and the shuttle service was affordable and excellent!!!

• Executive Business Queen Room

The elevators smelled like weed and the shuttle bus schedule was odd

The staff was very friendly, the room was spacious, and the complementary breakfast was delicious

• Executive Business Double Room

The shuttle service, whilst being a good idea, was extremely popular and at times we weren’t able to get on the shuttle we had booked for due to over selling seats. It was often late as well.

• Executive Business Queen Room

Carpet was not attached to floor completely and easy to trip on. The window was cracked and would not close all the way making the room very cold. The doors are extremely heavy and slam shut making it not kid friendly at all. Especially for my 9 year old who fractured her fingers on our stay and the hotel didn’t even seem to care a bit. GM seems to be unreachable. So if you have children I’d advise a hotel with doors that don’t slam.

Set up for the room was good. Bed was comfortable. Very nice view from the top floors. Restaurant was wonderful.