Reviews of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Key West at The Keys Collection 4 stars

3852 North Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL 33040, USA

#28 of 44 hotels in Key West

delightful!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

My stay was very enjoyable! The breakfast was excellent- fresh delicious fruit, excellent sweet breads, waffles, eggs. The assortment should satisfy even the choosiest eaters. The room was very comfortable. The grounds were very pleasing and the pool was lovely.

The swimming pool, the room and Stephen at the swimming pool...
    • Standard King Room

The receptionist was extremely unfriendly, uninterested and totally rude. Would expect at least someone friendly for 200 USD per night! Also, I dont understand why you use disposable diningware at breakfast. Why not use real and washable diningware? It creates no waste and is a lot more pleasant in use.

The swimming pool, the room and Stephen at the swimming pool bar, who turned on soccer for us when the Belgians played.

Convenient to airport and I had a 7am flight
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Drainage in tub / shower. Very slow drain and ended up standing in several inches of water by time I finished showering

Convenient to airport and I had a 7am flight

Not quite what I expected
    • Premium King Suite with Sofa Bed

The pool was heated! It was so hot outside and when we came back from a hot day, jumping in the pool was very disappointing. The pool was too hot! Yuck! The breakfast was lackluster. And the concierge told stories to get sales. We all (23) had to get refunds for activities that she lied about.

big, comfotable room and beds, great bathroom with shower,...
    • Premium King Suite with Sofa Bed

everything is good in this pleace

big, comfotable room and beds, great bathroom with shower, cleanliness, good price to value, friendly staff, nice swimming pool

Clean and comfortable place.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

If you don't have a car l, you will need a shuttle to the center.

Clean room and has a big parking lot. Staff notified us about the traffic via email which was very nice.

The facilities were nice and the staff was excellent!
    • Standard King Room

The room lighting wasn’t that great but that’s something small when you aren’t really in the room

The facilities were nice and the staff was excellent!

Great place to start your Key West adventures!

Everything was great!

Awesome hotel & very friendly staff! Our concierge Jessica was so nice and helpful. If you want to go on an adventure in Key West, go see her - she’ll find the right and fun stuff for you. She was very honest with us and gave us the best and detailed information. So happy we talked to her!!! Also the hotel has rental bikes what is super fun. In less than 30 minutes your downtown at the pier. Gorgeous ride at the sea and through the historic city. We loved our stay and enjoyed a great breakfast in the morning! Would definitely recommend the hotel!

Nice staff, comfortable room, big parking lot (and it was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Nice staff, comfortable room, big parking lot (and it was free of charges), good breakfast and nice pool. I don't have nothing to complain, me and my family had a great stay at this place.

It’s very close to the beach.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Lost an hour in the checkin, while there was only one group before us. The beds are too soft and unstable. There are some staircases before joining the hotel’s door, which is not convenient for family having a baby in stroller. The breakfast is very simple, just bread and coffee.

It’s very close to the beach. There is a kitchen in the room.

Awesome and definitely would return.
    • Standard King Room

Wasn’t told I could use the imenities of the other 3 sister hotels until the morning we were leaving.... pretty upset about that.

Food was good, rooms were nice and up to date.

Nice hotel but don’t eat by the pool!
    • Premium King Suite with Sofa Bed

We could hear the people in the next room (via the locked connecting door) talking very clearly so that wasn’t great and their TV. They came in at 4am one night and woke us all up. Also the food (sandwiches) by the pool was expensive and horrible!

Good size king suite, good breakfast, good that tea and coffee available 24/7, nice pool.

Key west at a distance
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Noisy neighbours - loud until 03:50hrs one night Quite a distance from main key west

Breakfast plentiful Bikes available for hire Children enjoyed the pool Laundry facilities good and inexpensive

Bad service I would never stay there again
    • Standard King Room

I didn’t the service.the front desk people didn’t even ask us how was your staying here

Service was bad room service wasn’t nice at all didn’t even knock on the door they never came in change the garbage bags

nice
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

When I normally stay here the staff is wonderful (I stay here at least once a quarter for work). This time the staff was not friendly and it was I was bothering them to check in

The room was clean

Overall not a bad stay, wish pool bar was open a little later
    • Standard King Room

Room was OK , bed was comfortable but the bathroom was not as clean as I would have liked. There was hair on the floor and in the shower when we arrived and the towels had an odor to them. Room was a little to chilly on arrival.

Bed was comfortable and breakfast was good and convenient.. Staff was very friendly and always smiling. Pool was nice to enjoy.

The front desk was very helpful and greeted my family and me...
    • Standard King Room

The front desk was very helpful and greeted my family and me with a smile. They were very accommodating and offer us a sofa bed since my room had only a king size and we were traveling with my daughter.

Nice room, nice pool, location poor
    • Standard King Room

The breakfast was poor - very poor choice, paper plates and plastic cutlery. Also the breakfast was served in the reception area not in a dining room.

Staff were very helpful and able to answer all our questions. The pool area was very good.

It was nice, but we won;t stay here again.

I didn't like that our room, which was considered 'deluxe', was smaller, more expensive and much less nice than the other King sized rooms. I don't think we received the best rate through booking.com and our room was located right by the main highway and the noise was clearly heard in our room...all night. However - to be fair, the front desk told us they would move us after we stayed in the room one night. Since we only stayed two nights, it wasn't worth the trouble to pack up and move.

The pool was nice and the pool staff and front desk staff were great.

Nice place .... just needs a few things to make it a great place...
    • Standard King Room

Room was VERY DARK .....need more variety in breakfast food.... wasn’t hot most of the time.... tram needs to be extended later than 11 pm...

pool area was very nice.... tram was good

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
    • Standard King Room

The location of the hotel is somewhat far from the downtown area.

Checking in and out was a breeze. There was a microwave that we used to warm our toddler’s food. The tv had hd cable channels. The pool was big with a lot of cabanas and towels for each seating. Complimentary breakfast was a plus.

Other than the problem with using the safe, our stay was delightful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When my friend and I went to the desk the morning of our trip to Dry Tortugas National Park, the desk clerk did not know how to access the safe for us. Therefore we had to take our valuables with us. We had asked the night before about the availability of the safe, so this was a problem for us.

overall very nice but these properties can get beat up if not maintained properly.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room had some dark / brown spots on the ceiling and entry way doors to the rooms were a bit beat up. Donna the concierge was super.

Overall the property was very nice and the grounds were kept up very nicely the pool water could have been a bit more clear.

Great place to stay and enjoy Key West
    • Standard King Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful; the concierge service provided excellent info about area and made helpful suggestions for restaurants and services. The shuttle service to Mallory Square was an added bonus; very reliable running on the half hour later in the day, til 11:00pm. Rooms were spacious and comfy. Nice pool and bar service.

Won’t be back
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

Mattress too soft, should have a shuttle to airport!!! Free! Paid $21 to go 1 mile to airport! Shuttle downtown should be free!!!! Should have safe in room, concierge too pushy

Breakfast was good

Upset because there were no TV guide on the TV. Never have been-to a Hotel that didn't have one.
    • Standard King Room

Mattress comfortable. Air great. Quiet. Food adequate. Bathroom nice and roomy.

There was not guide for the TV. So you did not know what was coming on each hour. . That was awful. Will never stay there again. Also there were no chairs in the room except for the desk chair. I have stayed in several Fairfield 's but this definitely had some issues for us.

Perfect for short term stay
    • Standard King Room

AC a bit noisy, far from city centre, but nothing else.

Everything was perfect. The hotel has enough parking lots, our room was very big, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was typical american (without cheese and cold cuts), but fresh and plentiful. The staff was very kind, especially the ladies at the concierge desk. There is a nice and good restaurant 600m far, over the bridge (called Hurricane Hole).

Nice stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our first floor room had a heavy smell of musk/mold.

The pool was beautiful and pool attendant/bartender was very friendly. Dining area was very clean and comfortable. Helpful concierge.

Coming back in April, will not book through you.
    • Standard King Room

We booked a king, went there at 10 am to make sure we would still have our room reserved it was late when we got back. Got there at 7 and our King had been given away so they gave us a queen, not what we ordered and could not cancel.

Great facility, friendly staff. Very clean.

Nothing comes to mind.

Cleaning staff did a great job, concierge had great ideas and directions, friendly bartender at the pool had great restaurant suggestions, overall great experience. And LOVED that there was coffee available in the room.

Meh
    • Standard King Room

I got charged $20 a day for "snacks" without being told I was going to be charged that. I also got charged $3.01 more than what was said through booking.com. Also, the bed was not comfortable, it had divits in it.

It was clean

Comfortable bed and clean room.
    • Standard King Room

I didn’t like the fact that everything was made out of plastic. Cups in the room and all the utensils at breakfast, plates, mugs, forks&knives. Huge plastic waste issue this day in age.

Comfortable bed and clean room. Refrigerator a big plus. Pool was heated which was very nice as the weather was not as nice.

Comfortable but not extraordinary.
    • Standard King Room

Staff wasn’t forthright in giving accurate answers. I felt as tho they were sneaky with their answers. The concierge was only interested in selling- not meeting our needs. I didn’t like not having a free shuttle to the downtown area.

Very uncomfterble, zero privacy in the bathroom no door nub. Ithe staff is not so friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

The bathroom has no privacy. You have a sliding door for the bathroom and it docent even have a door nub zero privacy. You could hear evrything that persons is doing in the bathroom from the bethrrom. I asked for a top floor they gave me a ground floor I paid for pool view there wasent any view for me since I was on the ground floor. Really uncomftorble room I will never ever stay at this place. I called the front frack for help becouse the outlets by one of the beds wasent working the tech came over and was yelling that there plenty of outlets under the tv.

I liked the gym the breakfast.

Paradise.
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

the pull out bed wasnt really comfortable.

pool was great, great staff, live music at the pool ! that was such a huge bonus. But also the pool was great, closeby a toilet, breakfast was spacious.

Not in the center of everything, but there is no center of everything!
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

My one complaint is the fitted sheets didn't really stay in place overnight. Not a big deal.

Everything was clean, staff was very nice and helpful, the location is fine on the tiny island. The breakfast was something royalty would be pleased with! We will stay here again.

The personal at the counter was nice.
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

the sofa came was horrible

The personal at the counter was nice. They try to accommodate us in a better room due to my mom's physical condition. The first option was horrible, the sofa bed is just horrible; but the second option was nice. The beds were clean and comfortable, the bathroom was clean, also the refrigerator.

We enjoyed our stay, everything was convenient.
    • Standard King Room

A lot of different noises heard through the walls of the room, and rolling of the carts of cleaning people.

We felt very comfortable in the room, and breakfast was fantastic

Fun and relaxing!!
    • Standard King Room

Thought the shuttle bus was a bit pricey. Stayed at another hotel/resort in Key West and they provided this service for free.

Breakfast was great!!!

Fairfield in Key West is up to the Marriott standards with a clean comfortable room and great staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had to pay $20 for the shuttle to go to Mallory square and they were not always on time.

Room was very comfortable and we got a first floor so it was very convenient. Bathroom was big enough for 2 which we like. Breakfast was good and varied with a lot more items than usual. When the shuttle was not on time the person at the desk called us a taxi on them!!

It was pleasant, comfortable, and relaxing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Everything was perfect for our 2 day stay.

The pool and pool bar was great including the breakfast. It was great having transportation from the hotel to the downtown area.

The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating.
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

I think the sofa beds should be updated they were pretty uncomfortable. And it would be a great idea to have music by the pool :)

The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. The property is well kept and clean.

For $415.00 the accomodations were disappointing.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the bacon could have been very well done, the muffins were ice cold. the lighting in the room, poor not enough lighting...no lock on the bathroom door, the toilet paper was too far from the actual toilet. If I had my 92 yr old mom with me that would have been unacceptable. the door slides..no good. I was lied to when I called they were not walking distance to Duval St.

The bed was comfortable.

Great value good service very happy to stay there.

not much to dislike tbh

Nice Pool area, Complimentary parking , very nice helpful staff (wish i could remember their names), Great breakfast, newly renovated eating area. Bathroom was simple but very clean. Good bed.

Mostly good, but overpriced for what you get.
    • Standard King Room

While they no longer charge for parking, the do however charge for the shuttle to Downtown. Room was clean, but it was sprayed with too much air freshener to cover up previous smoking. Air freshener was too strong and the cigarette smell was prevalent the following morning.

Room was great. Super clean, and well maintained. Breakfast was awesome!

Disappointed for the money
    • Standard King Room

It was not handicap accessible accept for one ramp all the way in the front of the hotel. I had to go through the parking lot ( not even the sidewalk) to get to the ramp to have breakfast, get to the front desk, visit the conceirge. I didn't get to enjoy the courtyard or pool.

The a/c was nice and cold. And the staff cleaned a spill in the fridge for us.

Nice place a bit farther from the city centre.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is not for European stomach, but it's still better to start a day after breakfast.

Nice place a bit farther from the city centre. Comfortable room, excellent pool! Beautiful tropical trees and palms!

A very good place with above average accommodations that includes the ease of breakfast each day
    • Standard King Room

Poor wifi strength !!!! Room includes a sliding "barn door" style as a bathroom door, which was broken when we arrived; offers little privacy Bathroom set up directly across from the bed, which was an odd and uncomfortable set-up

The variety of food afforded at breakfast. The ability to rent bicycles onsite. The helpful concierge. When we needed assistance and maintenance in our room, they were very speedy.

We had a wonderful stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Everything was wonderful - no complaints!

When alot of people showed up at the same time to check in,the manager thanked us for our patience and handed us a bottle of cold water, a very kind and caring gesture goes a long way.

Good value for the money.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

I did not like one staff member who was making smart remarks. The WiFi was terrible. From room 127 the connectivity was bad and most of the time did not work.

It is a great facility with good amenities. I liked the room and the proximity to everything.

A great value for a overnight stay in Paradise
    • Standard King Room

Theres a $15.00 parking fee for all guests staying over night . That seems excessive

They offer a great breakfast ! 2 TO 5 Happy hour drink specials by the Pool ! Even make virgin pina coladas for the kids !

It is August in the Keys, hot and humid but we had a great time.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

I understand that most of the hotels in Key West charge for parking but one car should be included in the room price.

The room was comfortable, staff helpful and friendly, breakfast was very good and the shuttle running to downtown was convenient and reasonably priced.

We had a blast for the most part, beside the bed sheets/blankets
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

The beds for two adults was a little uncomfortable, the sheets would not stay on the bed(we were constantly remaking the bed), and the top sheets and blankets would not comfortably fit two adults...

The shuttle to duval street was so awesome!!!

Ok but I would never stay at that Fairfield again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

negatives - on the website when I was booking parking was free (a big deal) when we arrived they had changed according to desk staff and parking was now charged. Night staff very unfriendly! when we checked in there were 2 families including myself and the desk clerk stayed on phone about 10 min and she was just answering pretty mundane questions from the caller. We went into the Lobby to buy water on the 3rd night and again, she was not very friendly.

Beds were clean and comfortable, room was adequate. Strange bathroom layout, toilet was about 2 feet from the toilet paper holder! positive - quiet, clean

The concierge was extremely helpful booking activities on...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

I did not like the pool towels system. We had to go up to the front desk to get towels.

The concierge was extremely helpful booking activities on the island.

Expectations not met.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

The room is a bit tight. I don't like that the bathroom door is not the regular door. I was hoping for a couch to sit in just like the room we had in orlando fairfield inn. The pathway from parking to our room goes into where the laundry room is placed it doesn't look very pleasant. The smell also is not appealing.

The reception area is clean.

Nice enough hotel but why they charge for parking is a mystery
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

The mattress protector on the king bed was queen size so it moved around meaning the sheet got pulled off the mattress every night. The daily $14 charge for parking is outrageous given street parking nearby is free. If Booking.com had included this in the details of the stay I would not have booked. Of course they knowingly didnt in order that they looked like the cheapest provider for this hotel.

The bathroom was a great size, the pool cabanas were excellent for shade and the breakfast was good

Room nice clean elderly have a hard time sitting on stools in the room one chair really pool to hot
    • Standard King Room

Pool was way to hot for this time of the year. Was not informed about paying for parking at the hotel seemed like at check in we wet nickel and dimed for everything

Breakfast Buffett was great, bus service was great

Tell your customers about fees!!!!
    • Standard King Room

Booking.com DID NOT tell me about the $150 "Holding fee" taken by the property as well as the $16 parking nightly. I would have loved to have been notified about either of these as I was told parking was included. Kind of a bummer because this left us about $300 short for the trip just upon arrival. Parking is HORRIBLY tight too and our car got dinged up a lot.

Great breakfast, central to the airport and beach, really nice pool and bar area, comfy beds, and the concierge was very helpful.

Adequate but not sure if I would stay again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

We did not get the room that we booked at Booking.com. We booked a Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View. Did not get the Deluxe room. We had two queen beds but the room was not the deluxe. When I questioned the staff, I was told that the Third-party (Booking.com) did not book the correct room. That a room with two queen beds pool side was all that was booked. I don't know who is correct. But I did not get what I booked originally. After walking across the carpet with my shoes off, I had to wash off my feet. Never took my sandals off in the room again. Bed was comfortable with enough pillows. Refrigerator worked. Air conditioning worked but somehow the humidity in the room made an envelope seal itself. That usually does not happen in side with air conditioning. We had the "do not disturb" sign out the entire stay so I cannot values the cleaning staff.

The breakfast was the best part of the stay for us. We went out everyday and did not use the facilities except to shower and sleep.

People took up 2 parking spaces at times which made it a...
    • Standard King Room

People took up 2 parking spaces at times which made it a little difficult to park. Also, charging for parking per day may deter us from staying here in the future.

Great location close to everything you'd need
    • Standard King Room

Desk clerk on our departure day. She's not very friendly and my partner dropped his wallet on our way out the door and she said she saw him but was waiting on another guest (she could have excused herself to get his attention instead of waiting until we called from the airport - our taxi driver ended up picking it up for us and driving it out to the airport). Spanish looking girl worked the AM shift.

Excellent location and the hotel took care of all of our needs on and off property

Great hotel
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There are no complaints we have for this hotel.

As soon as we arrived, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was very clean, had no weird smells and was very comfortable. The buffet style breakfast was awesome. We went down to breakfast right when it opened at 630am so it was not busy at all. It does tend to get busy around 830am but there is plenty of seating space. Everything was very good. No complaints.

Parking Sucks
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Too strict on Smoking-I will not stay there again-Parking Stalls on one side of parking too small could not even get in car due to closeness

Very Clean and Good Location

Cozy
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is an extra charge for parking the car, something we were not expecting. Parking is close to the room, but there is very little shade for the car.

There is a concierge for Key West activities. Dona was really nice and helpful, but she slightly over-sold the activities, which I believe is her job anyway. The pool is really nice and there a couple of curtain-made boxes for privacy and shade while laying down.

Great place to stay if you dont want to be extremely close to Duval St. Transportation is available
    • Standard King Room

Good selection on breakfast bar, location was well maintained, staff very friendly and very helpful. Concierge was very helpful and friendly. Had transportation from hotel to duval st.

Great hotel but Marriott damages our planet !
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Huge wastage of plastic and cardboard as our breakfast is served with plastic cuttlery and cardboard plates. Please please please stop the wastage and save our planet !

Pool is very good, staff friendly and helpfull.

Bed could be better, it wasn't that comfortable.
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

Bed could be better, it wasn't that comfortable. Sofa as well, needs some adjustments bc someone who is little bit heavier not gonna sleep not even one second.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Below our expectations
    • Standard King Room

Plumbing fixture in shower stall broken and never repaired properly, cold water and hot water intermittenly, ovhead light in cabinet above coffee maker not connecting, carpet by entrance was wet and damp. Will not go back again

Size of room and bathroom

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Key West
    • Standard King Room

Not on the water and couldn't park right outside of door. Just check my credit card and see they charged me an extra $22.37 for who knows what? Nothing was said about an extra charge and nothing was removed from the room.

Easy to find, clean & comfortable, good breakfast. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good, but facilities could be better.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They charge an extra $14 a day to park on your property when you're already paying to stay there???????????? It makes NO sense. We didn't have to pay because of our handicap sticker, but I find it offensive that you even consider charging extra for parking. What's the matter with you? Also, the bathroom floor needs mopping. My feet got dirty from walking on it.

The staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Best value for the money
    • Standard King Room

Honestly, the noise was not that bad in our room. It was however a little loud while in the pool.

I loved our view of the ocean. The pool was wonderful and very clean. Staff was very nice and accommodating. I could not have asked for a better stay.

The only small issue was that the morning they came to clean...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only small issue was that the morning they came to clean the room we were not ready for them to do so. We told them to come back a little latter and they never did. we called the desk to request clean towels and straightened the beds on our own

Great accommodations
    • Standard King Room

Good location, nice clean facility, comfortable bed, exceptional staff, beautiful pool, great breakfast. Parked right outside of our room which made loading and unloading a breeze. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Inviting pool,bed had issues,parking spaces are for small cars
    • Deluxe King Studio with Sofa Bed

Only a few things we could see that we didnt like. One was the bed. We were in room 101,king bed. One side was good other was wore slap out and killed our backs as we had to take turns sleeping on that side so we werent in pain the next day. The pool was great BUT the traffic noise was horrible. Needs to have a buffer wall put up. And parking spaces were tight. We have a nice Lincoln and really had to look and juggle a parking space that fit our vehicle.

The pool was very inviting. Rooms were good size and updated. Didnt try the hot breakfast so can not like or dislike. Will be back.