Reviews of Hotel Diva San Francisco 4 stars

440 Geary Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA

#143 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Room is clean, location is in center, nearby with Korean,...

Room is clean, location is in center, nearby with Korean, Japanese restaurant cooked quite good But the deodorant inside hotel is too strong, suitable with Muslim not other, as well the shampoo, soap

The location was great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My room was extremely noisy and even when wearing ear plugs, the noise from the street was quite loud. Upon my check in I mentioned to the front desk staff that I was unable to connect to WIFI on both my cell phone and laptop. Their response was that perhaps there was a problem with the settings in my phone. I mentioned to them that as a frequent and recent traveller, I had never encountered this type of problem in the past and was not convinced that there was a problems with phone and laptop settings, especially after the front desk staff was able to successfully connect my phone to the hotel's Wifi in the lobby area. They mentioned that if the problem persisted, they would call their IT support on my behalf to help solve the issue. The front desk staff member mentioned that they had someone check the WiFI around my hotel room and the tech person had reported that nothing was wrong. When I returned to the hotel later in the evening, I was still unable to connect to WIFI from my room so I went back down to the lobby to let them know that the problem had not be resolved and requested that they call their IT support. The same front desk staff person who I had spoken with earlier then said that they could give me the IT support's phone # for me to call them. When I mentioned that they had offered to call on my behalf, he began to go back on his original offer saying that he would have to ultimately connect the call to my room, I should just make the call myself. After a long travel day and it was close to midnight, I had to insist that they call their support for a problem that I knew was not on my end, and once the call went through they would connect the line to my room. I went back to my room to wait for the call, and waited for a little over 5 minutes and once I was connected the IT support proceeded to ask me questions and guided me through several steps. After the IT company trying several things including rebooting the router(?

The location was great. Central to public transportation options and some 24 hour establishments that were very helpful for a traveller.

Great location to shops and main attractions; bit squishy for 5 but manageable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were great. Hotel have a happy hour which is great ( I didn’t get to go as travelled with 3 children aged 8, 10 & 11), but I like the idea! Location is excellent, close to high end shopping and other mainstream stores. Room was a bit squishy for 5 but was ok. In our room the bathroom was tiny though, literally a toilet and shower (in bath). Sink was outside of bathroom within main room. Again, it was manageable though. We walked everywhere, approx 30mins along the wharfs etc to a Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39 and Departure for Alcatraz tours.

They moved us so heard our concerns so can't complain.
    • Signature Room with Two Double Beds

No working of the twin rooms facing onto a refuse ally. Absolutely no sleep possible because of the noise.

They moved us so heard our concerns so can't complain.

Fun cheery and loved how comfy the bed was.
    • Executive King Room

Bathroom sink didn’t drain unless I took spout out and sure could use softer toilet paper.

Greeted warmly upon my arrival - check in was a breeze and bed was ultra comfy. LOVED the location right across from Curran Theatre and my fav Diner on the corner “Pinecrest”. They had a nice champagne reception 5-7pm and workout room was decent. Only down was when your neighbor closes their door it’s very loud... will stay again 👍🏼

Comfortable boutique hotel in a good location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There are some minor cosmetic issues in the room that some might be concerned about-we weren't. The view of our deluxe queen room was into the window of the room on the next hall. We weren't in the room much, so we didn't mind, but something to consider. I've seen previous reviews that mentioned the hotel being old. If you are used to traveling to San Francisco and know what to expect with a boutique hotel, you should find it fits your needs. I would not recommend it for a romantic weekend, but it is walking distance to Nob Hill, many restaurants, and Union Square.

The location was perfect for what we needed. We were there less than 24 hours to see a show at the Masonic, so it worked for us. The staff were friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The valet had our car ready promptly. The 24 hour diner across the street was great. We stopped by The Mikkellar for a beer (don't let the homeless camp outside deter you).

Why the hotel charges the guests $20/day for something...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Why the hotel charges the guests $20/day for something so trivial??? The reason explained to me don’t convince me and I felt like an idiot. The gym is terrible and the “champagne” is only for 2 hours. At least, give a bottle per room to worth it. I’d never stay there again only because the hotel made me feel like an idiot.

Location and helpful staff.
    • Loft Double Room

Hotel was not very clean. Rooms were tiny and furniture and fixtures were rundown. No way a 4 star property. At best a 3 star property.

Location and helpful staff.

Location was great.

Bathroom was very small, no bench. Window and door seals are non existent

Location was great. Close to lots of eateries and shopping. Bed was comfortable.

Waist of money and time. booking.com needs to do a better job on classifying the hotels. Bad deal

I’m not sure this place can even be called an hotel, it is more like a motel. Bathroom was rediculously small, I could not fit in the toilet sit, hotel was dirty and worned out, stuff was not helpful, hotel did not have any amenities. Room size was small, to make matters worse It was rediculously overpriced...

Good location, and staff was lovely.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The building is obviously old and windows are thin. I had to chose between using the loud heater, or getting cold at night.

Good location, and staff was lovely. No breakfast included, but I got a voucher for 20% off Café Mason (a nearby diner).

We enjoyed it but it was on the expensive side compared to other cities, though not for SF apparentl
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms facing the alley toward Union Square can be noisy throughout the night with garbage bins being dumped and scraped out - broken glass noises woke us up a few times.

Staff were friendly on our arrival, and pleasant to deal with. We had an issue with street noise from outside and when we raised it, the manager switched our room with no questions asked, and moved our things for us while we were out for the day.

Comfortable beds, kind staff and great location!

The bathroom was extremely small, much smaller than I have anticipated. Thus, that disappointed me a little but anyway the most important was the fact that it was clean. It would have been nice if the window in the room was clean (I mean here in particular the outside) because the view was not clear.

Upon arrival the check-in was very easy and fast. The staff was very kind and gave useful tips. The room was clean and included all the necessary facilities (TV, Wi-Fi, telephone, bottled water, coffee machine, safe, ironing board and iron, etc.). The bed was very comfortable. I was travelling alone and so for just myself the room was big enough and I suppose for two people it would have also been fine. The bathroom was clean. Finally, the location of the hotel is great (close to Union Square, cafes, shops and tours). It is very central and even though it is on the edge of Tenderloin, it is very safe there. The check-out also was easy and fast.

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Diva for three nights.
    • Signature King Room

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Diva for three nights. We were in town celebrating our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived the staff was amazing. Q made us feel so welcome, they upgraded our room and sent us a bottle of champagne. As "tourists" they gave us things to do and the easiest way to get to them. They have a champagne happy hour from 5-7 every evening and during this time my husband and I had great conversations with different people. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Yes the rooms are small but that's what makes this hotel unique. Thank you Hotel Diva for an amazing honeymoon! We will be seeing you again.

Was pleasantly surprised at the extra sitting space in the full double room I stayed in and location

The carpets seemed dingy in the hallways.

Loved the upgrade to a junior suite. The location is great. I loooved how spacious the rooms were. I saw the junior suite and stayed in the full double room and it was surprisingly and pleasantly spacious. I’ve stayed in other hotels in SF and this one is by far my favorite.

This is my 2nd stay at hotel diva and will surely go back

Sometimes they are short-staffed so it takes a while to get help with bags, etc

Good wifi, great locaton walking distance to Union Square and Market Street shops, ATM inside the facility, and many food options around the area.

Clean
    • Loft Double Room

It’s definitely not 4star hotel at all. Price too high for this hotel. Valet parking is extremely high, you can park few blocks from hotel by free

Clean

Staff was great.

The only downside I experienced was that the Fitness Center left a lot to be desired. It's basically a converted closet, and doesn't even have a treadmill.

Staff was great. Primo location (10 mins walk to the Financial District). Reasonable price.

Pleasant stay, but a bit pricey.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price is definitely something that's not great. I guess it's standard in San Francisco, but probably you could find a better hotel with this price somewhere in the city.

Room definitely seems clean. Staffs are friendly. You can ask for bottled water for free (I didn't ask for more but I was provided with them for my first night, and I only stayed for one night). Location is great, in the middle of the city.

Nothing everything was very small
    • Loft Double Room

I checked in around 7pm that night and had to wait a very long time to be checked In so I wanted to downgrade my room because the room I paid for was a loft which is smaller then the other rooms at the property come to find out... so I called down to extended and to be sure I wouldn’t be charged another 100$ incidental to my card and I was told because I was extending it would be fine... and I would just need to pay the 180.57 for the the room I said great I have a late check out for 1 pm I’ll be there to pay for my new room be4 the from desk guy PETER SMITH THEN SAYS TO ME WHEN I COME DOWNSTAIRS THAT IVE BEEN CHECKED OUT MY ROOM ABD GE DOSNT SEE A LATE CHECK OUT ON Reservation I TOLD HIM I SPOKE WITH THE GENTALMEN LASTNIGHT AND WAS TOLD 1 was fine he gets nasty and says well you would still neeed to call in the morning to reassure Ive stayed all over the world I’ve never heard this! ON TOP OF THAT I JUST SPOKE TO THE SOMEONE AT THE FRONT DESK THAT MORNING AND EVERYTHING WAS ASSURED TO BE OKAY BASICALLY IM HAVING TO SWITCH HOTELS BOT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY WORK DAY BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE UNORGANIZED AND UNPROFESSIONAL THEY DONT ARE TELLING ME SOMEONE ELSE CHECKED OUT MY ROOM AND ALSO NOBODY RECALLS TALKING TO ME THIS MORNING IF I JUST Sit in the HOTEL TILL 1 with no late check out it’s a small property they wouldn’t banged my door down if I didn’t call for late check out ! This is tottally unexpected!! And totally sketchy !

Nothing everything was very small

The location was perfect, so close to Union Square and lots...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking is really awful in that area. I mean, it is San Francisco! However, if you choose to use Hotel Diva's valet service, be aware that it could take upwards of an hour for them to get your car out of their garage. There are also a few extra charges once I got there that weren't totally clear when booking, it wasn't too much more, but just as a heads up to be prepared.

The location was perfect, so close to Union Square and lots of wonderful food places. We really loved the Mexican food restaurant literally right next door as well! The bed was also really comfy with all the pillows and lovely linens. I super appreciated all the plugs and ports near the bed to charge all my devices at the end of the day.

Great location and overall clean hotel. Value is in the location and not the hotel itself.

House keeping staff was extremely noisy in the hallway talking loudly with each other. You could hear the creeking of the floors from other rooms during the day and night. The ceiling had water damaged, no outlets at the bedside

Great front desk staff and location close to union square

The price was great and the location was in the heart of union square - perfect for shopping!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The decor of the room lacked some attention. But it was clean and comfortable and quiet.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable when it came to helping our family find a place to eat or an activity for us to attend. They welcomed you with a champagne happy hour at check-in. That was a definite plus!

Great staff and facility. Overall, I enjoyed my stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was really hard and uncomfortable. It made getting a good night’s rest very difficult. I’d also have to say that I was also very frustrated that more information wasn’t given on parking for the hotel. Charging $50 per night for valet parking is completely unacceptable. I don’t know if they were increasing the prices because of the holiday, but I was very annoyed.

The staff was very friendly and always willing to assist us with our bags whether we were checking in or checking out. I also appreciated the promptness of cleaning our room in the morning, even though sometimes we weren’t ready for it!

Very good location and very helpful n friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was very small for a family of 5. Bathroom was very small as well. There were 2 windows in my room, one is facing a wall of the next building and another one it has a view of back alley of the hotel and rubbish bins...no decent view at all...however it was winter so windows were always closed.

Very good location and very helpful n friendly staff. Room was nice, clean and tidy. Even though it's in the middle of the city at night time it wasn't noisy.

Eclectic retreat in the heart of bustling SF

Price but all options in SF pricey, limited parking so opted to pay $55 valet parking with in and out privileges, unexpected resort fee and facilities fee!

Eclectic appeal and decorating, next door to Starbucks, many restaurants and breakfast options nearby, free champagne 5-7 pm, if you don't mind walking, you can get to pier 39, AT and T park, China Town, Lombard, Union Station, all by foot! Golden Gate Bridge too far to walk to at 4 miles away!

Comfortable. Central. Friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom away from vanity. Big mirror was in the way. Don’t like the mandatory $20 a night for wifi, gym, etc. heard lots of people at counter complained.

Staff excellent. Clean linen every day. Business centre good idea. Would consider coming back again.

The staff were really friendly, the house keeping was great,...

The rooms need some sprucing, overpriced, there was no breakfast facility

The staff were really friendly, the house keeping was great, location was amazing

Clean and okay hotel, but for this price, you can get better in San Francisco.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Basically the room is fine, but charging at arrival $20 per day additionally already made a bad experience. Doors are thin, so you hear everything on the corridor. and they blocked the full amount on 2 visa-cards for this stay and needed 2 weeks to refund it. Generally, all is clean, but they are not changing the sheets every day or washing the towels if you leave them on the floor. they fold them again and put them back as ready to use

I liked that everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. there was not much of a view, but this is okay. from the pricing point, you can get much better for this price.

Too far expensive!
    • Signature King Room

The cost structure was not clear, till I payed. In addition to TAX they have added an item called "facilities" which was not stated in the original booking.

Perfect location

Overall was good. I went there for work, so was most of the time out. Good place
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast... IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY!!!!!!! paying 100 bucks the night should have (you only have a coffee machine in the room)

Bed and cleaning was excellent, personnel there was super kind and willing to help (borrowed me some power adaptors)

Comfortable hotel in a great location

Shame that there isn’t any breakfast on offer, only a cabinet with things like spare chargers, chocolate etc that you have to download a 3rd party app to access and pay for. There are supermarkets only a 2 minutes walk away though.

Well located hotel that although basic is very comfortable and the rooms are a good size. Coffee in the room is refreshed everyday.

Okay for the location, wouldn’t book again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The added cost for everything that was not mentioned when I booked the hotel. My room was very dark with decor that looked nothing like the advertisement photos.

The location and friendly staff

Great little hotel with excellent staff.
    • Loft Double Room

Only one small issue we meant to mention which was the shower - that the dial would get stuck on the very hot water & it would take a wrestling match to shift it. Perhaps ask the cleaning staff to be more alert to that issue. The cleaning standard is excellent.

It was quirky and fun. The rooms were quiet. The staff were excellent, they were always helpful, cheerful and kind. My children felt welcomed and safe. We would definitely recommend Hotel Diva.

Great location, friendly helpful staff. A boutique small hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was too small for us really (family of 5) in a king suite. We managed it but it was a squeeze. Bathroom very small. Had to keep blinds down as could see into other bedrooms! Although was glad we were not roadside as I was worried about late night noise. Lighting needed to be better because of this.

Great location, one block from union Square and tram stop. Good restaurants in walking distance

Functional but unpleasant
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Zero sound privacy: people whispering in the corridor can be heard in the room. Only one elevator working, super slow to get up and down, 5F room was better accessible walking up. As everywhere else in San Francisco, the displayed price per night is way below what you'll actually pay. Valet parking more expensive than at the big hotels.

Comfortable bed. Decent wifi.

Great location, tiny rooms
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was tiny, it didn't have enough room for all our belongings. There was an unpleasant odor throughout our stay, and the room windows could not be opened.

The location is excellent, right near Union Square. The staff is available 24 hours, they were very helpful and met all of our needs as much as they could. Additionally, they offer excellent free evening cocktails.

Not bad location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

One of the most terrible hotel I’ve been through. It’s location was not bad. But the hotel was very old and its facility was poor and terrible especially when you have to pay with 5 stars hotel prices. It looks like a old warehouse was turned into a hotel without any investment. Never come back to this and of course will never recommend to anyone.

Not bad location.

Spacious room and good location

Nothing room was really nice and spacious.

Hotel was clean and bed was comfortable. Tea & coffee making facilities in room as well as a fridge was great. Location of hotel was good and central for shops and restaurants.

Our Bedroom's carpet was wet.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our Bedroom's carpet was wet. The receptionist's answer was "it sometimes happen please wait until it's dry". Also Bedroom was dirty.

Good location for Powell

Unfortunately like many areas of San Francisco the homeless problem was very apparent just by the hotel. We were never bothered but drunkenness could be a problem as we saw some tourists being hastled. It's very sad the city or country needs to invest in these people.

Location near Powell street cable car stop

Very pleasant although there does seem to be a problem in the area of a lot of street people begging

Didn't like brown blinds on the windows would have preferred something lighter. The room was dark even in daylight, unable to lift blinds as would have been overlooked

Disappointed, felt cheated after having spent $717! Do not book this hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very small room, way over priced!! Mold in the bathroom, and the shower had water under it, so you had to keep your balance while taking a shower....

the decor was on point! Very modern! Cool sink!

Welcomed by friendly staff who were able to recommend local...

Welcomed by friendly staff who were able to recommend local interests. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Great location for Union square and can easily access the city by car.

Excellent stay, right in the centre of town.

San Francisco parking - both at the hotel and public car parks - is horrendously expensive. Expect to pay over $30 a day!

The staff were extremely helpful and organised family-friendly rooms for our party which included ourselves, children and grandchildren. The concierge was very knowledgable about transport links etc. The location couldn't be better - close to Union Square. Although the street was busy, we had no problems of noise carrying into the rooms. We were able to leave our cars outside while we checked in.

Dirty and stunk of smoke
    • Deluxe Queen Room

When we arrived we were shown into 2 rooms which only housed 2 people each despite booking rooms for 3 people each and the booking clearly stating that we wanted adjacent rooms and booking rooms with 2 double beds. After complaining we were moved to 2 non adjacent rooms on the same floor but at least they slept the amount of people in our party. Both rooms were dirty - although the beds were made well etc and on the surface it looked good, the bathroom was dirty, there was dust on tables, on sideboards and behind bathroom door. It was a clear cleaners just do the hoovering and make the beds and don't do anything else. The hotel also only provided one bottle of water per room and when I phoned reception to ask for some cutlery they actually assumed I was ringing for more water as apparently it is always what the guests call for as there are never enough bottles of water left. The hotel also stank of smoke and weed and it was clear people were smoking in their rooms - this is despite the fact that when we checked in we were told there was a $400 fine for smoking in rooms. The smell poured into the corridor and made it quite uncomfortable for our children. Finally we used the hotels valet service which was vastly over priced. When we got our car back the valet had clearly been smoking in the car as the car stunk and there was ash on the drivers seat and in the door.

The hotel was in a good location however that is about the only positive experience we had of the hotel.

Stop looking and stay here.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Beautiful hotel, ideally situated to explore the city. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Greeting you when you walk in, telling you to 'enjoy your night' when you go out. They were just amazing. The rooms are all quirky high goes with the unique nature of this hotel.

Good location, 2 stars hotel, expensive when peak season.

1) 2 elevators available however, one of it was stuck between 4th and 5th floor, we were caught in elevator with 10 minutes. 2) Toilet does not flush well, sometimes we must flush 2 times after use. 3) Toilet water always leaks, all over the night. I recommend this hotel for the person like me, who doesn't mind about the water leak noise.

Towels and bed sheets were replaced everyday. A couple of diners, restaurants, first food, mini mart available within one block from hotel location. Walking distance from Pawell MUNI station, cable car station , BART station.

The location was very convenient, easy to find.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was quite noisy, surprisingly. The room we had were right at the back of the hotel, and it was no problem with street noises, but general working of the hotel (deliveries, gym etc). The room had a window right to the back of the hotel, I actually thought it was open, the sounds were so clear. It turned out it was closed, but not very well insulated. Also, the total we ended up paying was about 30% more than advertised. (taxes, add ons, who knows),s it waas OK, but not an amazing value.

The location was very convenient, easy to find. The bed was comfy, the design was nice.

Hotel Diva

Tiny rooms and small ensuite. Very noisy air conditioning unit.

Friendly staff. Not too far from cable car and bus routes. Fantastic breakfast diner just 1 block away (Pinecrest).

Ok and not great value for money.

Dark and dimly lit. In need of a bit of tlc

Location was central to Union Square, within easy walking distance of Chinatown and many parts of the city. Staff were very friendly. Door through to Starbucks.

Nice hotel in Union Square, San Francisco

Air conditioning a bit old. Sink outside the bathroom. Interior of elevators needs to be renovated.

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful, especially Cristine and Q, the young concierge.

Mother /Daughter Holiday

Shower wasn't the greatest..

Our room was a good size, Quiet , staff were very helpful and always pleased to help. Located right in town which was great and walking distance to the Subway..

Diva Hotel is divine!!

Nothing -

First, we can't say enough about the staff. So friendly, helpful and genuine. The room was perfect which is saying something for there's always usually something one can find wrong, but not here. The size, temperature and storage was perfect. Lastly, but not really as I could go on and on, was the location, Not only was there a Starbucks attached as well as a great Mexican restaurant but the proximity to all attractions and amazing restaurant and shopping was great. Definitely will be recommending this Hotel Diva!!

Very helpful staff in a great location.
    • Junior Suite Queen

There was no restaurant attached so could not get breakfast there but there are lots of good places nearby. It would be helpful to have a kettle to boil water for infant formula as well as a microwave but I know these facilities are not standard.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was serviced promptly on a daily basis. The hotel was very clean. We had a suite as we have a young baby and it's helpful to have a separate area for her to sleep in. This worked out very well. The crib provided was perfect. The room was comfortable and the complimentary coffee was great! The location was very handy for my conference in the moscone convention centre and the hotel was very close to many great restaurants and amenities.

Expensive for what it is. Need to make ensuite rooms actually ensuite!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was a bit dull with the industrial grey wall etc, though I think this was the look they were going for. The ensuite wasn't exactly ensuite. The sink/washbasin was in the main bedroom which is very odd in my view. Wall are so thin also!

Not alot. Central location for Union square and transport options.

Pretty good
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like the hallways and the elevator. I found they really smelled because of the carpets. The room was nice though. However the initial room they had given us was awful.

I was happy they changed us rooms from the initial room we had which was awful. It was tiny on the second floor, had no window and the tv was practically hanging off. Avoid room #203!! They were very nice and moved us to the top floor in a King bed. With two big windows. Location was great, staff was very nice and room was very clean.

Great location and staff but the floors were squeaky and people above heard moving around

See above

Location was great and bed was surprisingly comfy. Staff were also great. The big issue was the noise from the squeaky floor (guests above), outside and that basically the window in our room wasn't really a window. Due to what it looked out on it was frosted and really couldn't be opened.

Staff were very helpful and location of Hotel was very good

We had to pay USD15.00 per day for internet and water, so we did not use this service. All other hotels we stayed at did not charge for these services. Also room was cold from draught through window area

Room was large and clean

Convenient and clean apartment.
    • Signature King Room

$15 facility fee per day for one bottle of water (between three people) and wifi. The gym is also included in this, but we did not go.

Convenient and clean apartment. Staff are nice

Love Hotel Diva
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The TV was in a strange location in the room. So we had to turn sideways in bed.

Location is awesome! The staff go above and beyond to help you. The decorations were fun!!

Great location, quiet room, comfortable bed.

Only issue was our room keys stopped working twice during our 4 night stay. Was rectified quickly but a little annoying.

Great location, quiet room, comfortable bed. Good value for our dollar. Friendly and helpful staff.

Great if your on a get away but are not always in hotel
    • Executive King Room

The room was small and the bathroom was divided. The sink area was hard for me to use due to it's in a small hall way and not in bathroom. I'm a bigger guy and broad shoulders i barely fit. Also the walls were thin. You could hear everything above and beside you.

Great location. It was walking distance to everything. Staff was so friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great location, clean, very nice staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I would prefer having breakfast in hotel; it seems to be an unusual American thing not to offer breakfast in hotel

Great location, clean, very nice staff

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Hotel diva disappoints
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Smelly hotel, dirty noisy lift, dark dingy corridors, small room, no view and I booked a deluxe queen we did complain but they said they had already upgraded us ! Christ ! Would never recommend not at these prices!!

Bed was comfortable and shower good, staff friendly

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Generally ok stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very busy street, old elevators, cramp room space

Hotel's location close to union square, situated just in front of the theatre, close to train station.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The charges at the end included a facilities fee per person above the taxes charged. As far as I found there were no further facilities than the room.

The room was a good size and very comfortable. Location was very good for exploring.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Girly holiday!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were exceptionally attentive and provided an excellent service. I also thought the property was very clean and was in an excellent location.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great location and gracious staff

Our bath room was a bit small.

When we first checked in, there was a foul smell in our room. The staff was nice and gracious about it. And they gave us immediately another room with a bigger bed but a smaller bath room. The location of the hotel is perfect and we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Diva hotel San Francisco

Was promised that we could move to a room with a view when no room was available upon check in. When we tried to move for a city view we were told there was a cost involved. The room was quite dark and a little claustrophobic

Room was quiet and bed was super comfy. Position was awesome! Great location and staff were friendly and very helpful

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Had a great stay at hotel diva. Fantastic location

I thought that the towels could have done with a high grade bleach to make them prestine white as some towels were slightly discoloured in areas

The bed was very comfy & large. Nice to be provided with fresh bottle of water each morning.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Great location, comfortable beds a short walk from Union Square.

The bathroom is very small. There should be at least a curtain between the two rooms for privacy and for keeping one room dark for our child to sleep. There should be better curtains/shades so you have some option between looking into the room across the interior courtyard and blackout.

The junior suite was good for our small family. The pulldown Murphy bed exceeded expectations in terms of size and comfort. Clean and comfortable.

Good reason to stay out in the city - the hotel sucks.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms are extremely cramped and very very badly designed. It is just design for the sake of it and with zero focus on comfort. To sum up, there is no way that this is a 4 star property as advertised by Booking.com. At best a 2 star. That's it. My room was like a loft with me needing to take a staircase to reach the bathroom ! Unbelievable !

Location is good.

Very noisy hotel

the location, which is surrounded by bars and very noisy, the homeless are all around, we couldn't sleep at night due to the noise.

the employees are nice and helpfull

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Ok. Could've been better!

The cleaning staff woke us up every morning from 8.30am banging on everyone's door for house cleaning. I understand they have a job to do but this is too early for people on vacation. They were very loud and abrupt and if you didn't answer once, they would keep banging and shouting 'house keeping'! We woke up badly every day. Lack of facilities, the man said we give you free water and when we walked in there was one tiny bottle between two of us. We'd arrived very late, after a long 10 hour drive and would've been nice not to have to share without wondering the streets of downtown late at night to find a shop in a city we had never been in.

Right next to a Starbucks, the woman on reception was very friendly for checkout.

Browse Hotel Diva San Francisco traveller photo gallery