Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Rosemead 3 stars

888 Montebello Boulevard, Rosemead, CA 91770, USA

#2 of 9 hotels in Rosemead

Good hotel but price is to high for the area.

price if that high next time I will not stay or recommend it.

Price booked online was higher at the hotel then booked for. Also 199.00 a night plus 19.90 for occupancy tax 220.00 a night. Wont stay there again unless 100 a night or less. same or better for cheaper.

A little gesture goes a long way

There was no robes offered

We checked in to our room a little late, and being that we had been on the road all day we were hungry, not realizing how late it was we were happy to see a bar at the lobby. To our surprise it was late and the bar was closing.. the nice bar tender by the name Trent, was so kind and poured us 2 glasses of wine.. (Perfect) mind you it was close time and he was already almost done with his side work but was so generous to stop what he was doing and help us out. The kitchen was also closed so he provided us with some TrixMix and also went out his way to ask the kitchen staff if there was anything left and thank goodness to our surprise there was enough for 2 bowl of Chicken noodle soup..and it was delicious! Little things like that makes us really appreciate our stay at the hotel and people like Trent, makes it worth coming back. Thank you again Trent for al you did for us. We appreciate you.

Will definitely choose to stay again!

free parking, free Starbucks coffee in the morning, not far from all kinds of delicious Chinese restaurants, everything is clean and nice, the welcome cookies are fantastic!

It was in a nice area, convient to freeways and shopping...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Right out side of my room window was a giant kitchen ac unit and was loud . Couldn't sleep at night i complain but there was nothing they were able to do for me very unprofessional

It was in a nice area, convient to freeways and shopping center

Not terrible, but would have been if we had to stay in the room we originally bought.

The room we bought for $300/night was right off the interstate and the window facing the highway was broken (off the track) so the cold air and noise was obvious in the room. Fortunately, the maintenance man was able to get us a better room.

Clean , soft cozy bed ,nice soft pillows , a/C , free...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I had a worker knock on my door at 10:00 in the morning ASKING me if I am going to check out today !! I did not have my "do not disturb" on door. But still, they should never have done that . Just call the room !!

Clean , soft cozy bed ,nice soft pillows , a/C , free wi-fi

Too much for too little
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Those cookies they're so proud of were hard and nasty. The parking was only available at one end and the clerk put us at the other end of the hotel both clerks were a bit snotty like I was interrupting their break. The cheap little coffee pot in the room leaked everywhere. But you could buy coffee downstairs for six dollars a cup.

Room was very clean bed was comfortable

Not a good experience.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

During our second night we woke to a room infested with gnats. The people at the device desk were only willing to comp that night 50%. I checked out 2 days early. I wasn't looking for a free stay only the night the gnats appeared.

We liked our room .

I have stated our dislike on upper question.

We liked our room .loved the AC. We arrived a little early .told the attened at the desk. His name was Brian. We advised him we would be by the pool. And if he would call us at 3 .when our room would be ready. He never called us. He asked us for my phone number to contact us when our room ready. He never did. We left the pool at 4:30 and there was another attendent . we asked Kaj if our room was ready and we could get our keys. He said yes. Then we went to our room at 4:30. Not to happy on that time checking in. We asked the new attended if Brian was still there. He said he had left already. Thank you. Mr and Mrs. Marquez

It was alright. Not what I expected from the reviews and pictures...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very old. We were on the 5th floor and the room kept shaking. Everytime we would walk in the room it would make noise and shake. We even got a visit from the security to keep noise level down and I figured it was that since we weren't making much noise. I was very worried about the old windows (the way they opened all the way and there was no screen or area outside the window, which made me nervous because of my kids). There was running or stomping through the hallway one night and another we saw cops and two people getting arrested and escorted down our hallway.

The A/C was amazing! Free parking! We had a desk, fridge, and microwave. Plus, it was in a good area.

Comfort.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Dryed pee next to toilet on arrival. Sliding window fell on my head when opening. Requested late check out due to timing of family funeral we were attending, was given until 2pm. Returned at 1:30pm but was locked out of room.

Comfort.

Disappointed in staff service!

I communicated the plans for the two suites. My fiance and I were getting married and wanted the bridal party and the groomsmen to get ready. First off, I have never had a bigger issue with early check in than at this location. The staff (Duwal & Rick)even knowing the circumstances had no sense of accommodation. As a matter a fact, after we got one of the junior suites, we were told the other one has a late check out for 2 pm. So we definitely would not get in any earlier. Late check out is a request, just as a early check in. I've been denied before. So my question is, Why allow a late check out when there will be an hour of housekeeping and the room already booked?! I make a call at 2:55 and inquire about the room and advised it will be about another half hour! Normal check in is at 3. What kind of service is that? Not until I vegan to dispute this did they upgrade me. Poor customer service all around. This accommodation should had been done a hour before. I was and will continue to be very disappointed in this location.

We booked two junior suites. They were decent. Bed is plush and comfortable. Air works great. Can easily lower the temperature if it's stuffy.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Nice rooms and staff/awkward building layout

The hallways were way too long and very hard to navigate to the 2nd and 3rd floors. It was confusing to every guest we met on the elevators. The breakfast was very nice but very pricy and we only did this twice.

The room was always attended to on time and everything was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great Place to Stay

The Wifi was complicated to hookup and the ice maker machine kept running out of ice.

The pool was heated and we had it all to ourselves during the day for a few hrs. Wonderful.. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to bring it home with me. Housekeeping was early and they did a wonderful job. Close to my family to visit.

Smokers of any kind note some people need to be in a non-smoking room for health reasons.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This issue was not the hotels doing, however it made it uncomfortable being in the room. We stayed in a non-smoking room for health reasons. However the smoke from the next room enter the room and it was not cigarette smoke!

The room was very clean. Housekeeping service was excellent. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Comfortable stay to prepare for a wedding in Whittier!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast not free. Rooms far from the lobby & reception area.

I like the comfortable beds and the staff's effort to find 2 rooms next to each other as we needed it because we were getting married the next day. Free parking and free Starbucks coffee is cool.

best hotel I have stayed in so far
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Well the only thing I didn't like was that on the booking website showed me a picture of the room but when I checked in at the hotel it was no like the picture.

The bed and the pillows were super fluffy and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Room and staff was great
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very basic, similar to a Deny's but over priced. Not sure why coffee is 3.00 but I can get free coffee from room and/or the bar

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Christmas by the mall
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were put in the furthest most farthest room from the main lobby. Almost gave me a inferiory complex. Beds were a little clumpy and too soft.

Next to the mall, great view of the mountains.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

This hotel is a very comfortable, convenient shopping, and...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Good

This hotel is a very comfortable, convenient shopping, and the environment quiet. I especially thank the registration of the front desk manager Miss Rina Lee. She has a bilingual, smart, considerate.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Great Hotel! Awesome Stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was very plased with EVERYTHING about my stay. No complaints.

This Hotel was very clean, staff was very polite and healthful and the room was extremely spacious!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

I like the text message I received before I had arrived...

I did not like the pool showers in the women's and men's bathrooms they had no showerheads something that needs to be fixed

I like the text message I received before I had arrived asking me if there was anything that I need it before I arrived.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

The room was clean and very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The power went out just as I was checking in at 10pm and there was no plan for lighting although the clerk said they were starting the generator. Luckily I didn't have heavy luggage, because I had to take the stairs and find my room in the dark on my own. The power came back on an hour later.

The room was clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a smell. The microwave was hard to use. I paid $175 and my mom got the same room for $139.00 calling the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Getting the run around.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Charged me twice for the room. When I called up for an explanation I wasn't able to get an answer. Multiple calls about this and I am getting the run around. Facilities are nice but i'd rather not deal with this in the future and stay elsewhere.

Bed was very comfy

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Hotel only few miles from my son's university.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

check in clerk was rude she insisted that I only booked 1 room. When I told her it was 2 rooms she said "well the system shows only 1 room." I showed her my email booking confirmation, she rude said, " that's booking from a 3rd party." what an attitude.

Hotel only few miles from my son's university. Easy access to freeway and many eatery places few blocks away. There is a mini mall with movie theater few blocks away. Parking spacious and nice clean hotel.

Welcoming staff

Welcoming staff

The bed and pillows are very clean and comfortable.

The room, bed everything

Every thing

Air condition/heat does not working properly, can not...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Air condition/heat does not working properly, can not control the setting

The room smelled funny like old like humid

The room smelled funny like old like humid

Bed is very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed is very comfortable. One of our favorite places to stay.

Warm chocolate chip cookies at check in!

Warm chocolate chip cookies at check in!!!

They don't provide Body lotion

Everything is good

good clean rooms and location

Comfort friendly staff

no sleep
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the noise from ac/ heater couldn't sleep for two night

nothing at all

Comfortable stay and great value when visiting LA.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Brandon at Guest Services gave me excellent customer service and was very accommodating to my request.

No cleanness for 3 days and we required the shampoo by...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No cleanness for 3 days and we required the shampoo by ourselves.

Relaxing and Quiet
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had a charger taken from my room Insulation between floors was inadequate as we heard all footsteps above us

Bed was Excellent

Loved it other than the Fires.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were down when LA was on Fire. We will have to come back when it isn't on Fire.

The Staff was amazing.

Noting

The bed

All good, location,staff,envoroment..

Enviroment and friendly staff

The pool was over crowded people were letting family...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was over crowded people were letting family members inn that didnt have a room there. Also no free breakfast

Best place to stay

Overall excellent

Bathroom facility not complete yet
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Bathroom facility not complete yet

The bed was firm and the pillows were plush--just the way I...

The water saving toilets needed 2-3 flushes every time.

The bed was firm and the pillows were plush--just the way I like it.

The doubletree seevice very excellent and hospitality from the staff great.

Would like an extra hour check out time from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm hospitality

easy access to down town LA and them parks from the Hotel

Staff very friendly.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly. Great bed and shower.

Amenities

Room service bill

Freebies

I like the location ,services,time that you get the room we...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I like the location ,services,time that you get the room we don't have to wait for hrs. Overall I love it.

Housekeeping start knocking on our door, 9

Housekeeping start knocking on our door, 9

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

I would stay at this hotel again, just with better accommodations.

A/C unit was not working properly. Windows were not working properly, water stains on the ceiling.

Beautiful hote and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Overall great
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Being on the first floor could hear kids running upstairs

Location was good n quiet

Good location, but unfriendly staff
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The front desk staff, Amy, was unfriendly, and unpleasant.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Like the room key access to room very quick

A lot of dust and bar was never open and no free breakfast

Like the room key access to room very quick

Comfy bed

Comfy bed

That is a really good stay

The environment in this area and the transportation in this area

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

will introduce to friends

bed confortable

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Bed was amazing I need one just like it

Bed was amazing I need one just like it

5 star experience without the 5 star price
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Time stayed in many hotels and this one has been one of the best It's a 5 star experience minus the 5 star price.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Called room service, very good service

Pillows and bed uncomfortable 😣

Called room service, very good service

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

If you have to stay in Rosemead

One staff member was rude over the phone and hung up on me, but other staff members were amazing!

Beds

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Soft clean bed

The bathroom had a leak and it dripped all night informed staff in the morning.

Soft clean bed

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Good location close to the freeway.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Walls are very thin. Could hear the tv next door while I was trying to sleep.

Good location close to the freeway. Beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Totally worth it

N/a

The bed is so comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Happy camper

Nothing, was very pieceful

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Good

I didn't like the sausage in the restaurant. I like Jimmy Dean sausages.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Bed comfortable

Food

Bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Good location for my needs
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was great and cookie was good

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Away from home
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

See then trash outside the hallway that evening and the same trash the next day. Durity linen on the floor out side the laundry room.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

early check in was great and the the room was great
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room service food for breakfast the food came late and the food and coffee were cold

early check in was great and the the room was great

OK but paid too much for what I got. Will probably stay somewhere else next time I am down there.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

DID NOT get any breakfast for the price I paid to stay there. Other cheaper hotels at least offer a continental breakfast.

Quietness