Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Northwest/Marietta 3 stars

2055 South Park Place, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA

#158 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

I would definitely book here again. It was a very nice hotel, great location to SunTrust Park.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom appeared to be used prior to our arrival. Everything else seemed to be clean other than someone just using our toilet and not flushing. This was kind of bizarre but not enough for us to cause a fuss. Also we only had enough towels/washcloths for one person even though the booking was for two.

I had to book the hotel very last minute and so once I booked through booking.com I called the hotel immediately to confirm they received the reservation since I was about to get on the plane. They let me know I was all set and once I arrived checking in was a breeze. For me this place was a great location to where I needed to be the next day.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Our neighboring room was extremely loud and unruly until 3 a.m. I called the front desk to advise (1:30 and 2:30) with hopes they would advise to tone it down as other guests where attempting to rest. The desk was very gracious, saying they would send security to the floor. However I suggest posting a notice on each floor "No loud noises or partying in rooms after midnight to respect all our guests" or something to this effect. I'm not opposed to having fun and a good time, but everyone should be considerate of others paying for a stay also.

The staff was courteous and friendly, it was within walking distance of SunTrust Park, provided a shuttle to the Park and of course the warm chocolate chip cookies.

It was good stay outside of not having what I reserved!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The amount that I paid I expected to have everything I reserved but I didn’t I had two little ones and it was 4 of us and we all had to share one bed to sleep in...

The staff was amazing!!! The property was awesome it was a lot todo in The area!!!

The staff was very friendly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The fitness facility was too hot despite a request to lower the temperature. The TVs didn't work on all the machines and the channels were limited. Why have ESPN News but not ESPN?

The staff was very friendly.

Stay was excellent.

The lighting in the rooms could provide more light. Rooms were very dark.

Location was close to SunTrust park and six flags over georgia. I really appreciated the shuttle ride provided to SunTrust park.

The front desk agent misquoted the refund that I would...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk agent misquoted the refund that I would receive upon check out. It was extremely confusing. When questioned about it at check out time she was uncertain of what would be coming back to me.

Great place to stay.

We did have a roof leak from the rain but we are laid back people and it wasn’t the hotels fault. We got another room and it was all good.

Loved the cookies at check in. Tameka was super friendly and made great suggestions on where to go. Vanesse was also helpful during the check in.

It's okay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds are small and too low to the ground. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. Other than that it's a nice place to stay.

The location wasnice and clean. Staff was very professional and friendly.

Was there with family. Just to get away from home. I've always admired the Doubletree.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I hate boxed eggs. So, I asked the waitress for she'll eggs & by the time she brought them out I was done. Then she brought them mixed with she'll eggs & boxed as if I didn't know the difference. She didn't appear to want to be bothered that day. I asked for a late checkout & they told me that all late checkouts were already consumed. This property charges RIDICULOUS taxes/fees: recreational tourism fee @ $3; Georgia transportation Authorization fee @$5 in addition to other taxes.. There's over $20 in taxes alone per night's stay.. Not happy about that - at all! I was surprised the rooms doesn't come with microwave nor refrigerator. You have to request them. It's not worth my money.

It was alright, wouldn’t stay again!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was very shocked that the room didn’t have at least a mini refrigerator or microwave. I had food and drinks that went to waste. Bathroom is to small, hard to move around in.

The staff was great!! Very friendly, nice smiling faces!!

It was nice
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The price of the breakfast I thought it was free and I thought I would be able to swim or at least get in the hot tub couldn’t do neither and it’s taken them a very long time to put my money back on my card

Good overall
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Place had been remodeled so many things were very nice. There was however a loud fan running sound all night from outside on roof above pool I think...AND the toilet was so low you almost fall on the floor!!!!!! Can't believe they did not put in the comfort height toilet, everything else is so new, if the toilet was new they made a BIG mistake there!!!

Booking.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.com failed to tell me the pool was closed and I wasn’t happy. Otherwise, everything else was fine. Also, wish there was a refrigerator in the room.

My stay was very disappointing
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

First off if I knew construction was going on I would have not stayed. The room was not up to par like it usually is. I’ve stayed here a few times this was by far the worst

The location was the only thing

It wasn't what I expected from Double Tree or Hilton

You should state that your remodeling on the website they say they gave me a upgraded room but it looked cheap and the sick leaked I will never stay there again.

They had a big TV. And the cookies were good.

The property was being renovated which we were not told...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property was being renovated which we were not told about so that was really disappointing. Room service was not available, the ice machines didn't work, the pool area was under construction, etc. The whole place was just a mess.

Staff was friendly, the room itself was nice, bathroom not...

Our room had just been redone. Whom ever the construction company is needs to do a better finish job. There was grout not cleaned off from the walls and floor. The tile in the shower was uneven in places where it was bumped out. The tub was still the old one and not cleaned. It was all scratched had caulk and paint splatters in it. The toilet did not work right. You had to flush 2 to 3 times for it to work or hold the handle down almost a full minute for it to flush. Check out was by 11am. At 8:30 the maid is knocking on the door. I felt like the cost of the room was overpriced.

Staff was friendly, the room itself was nice, bathroom not so nice.

It served its purpose

Breakfast was crazy priced if you're not a gold HH member, for a standard continental with someone that refills your coffee.

It serves its purpose. The place was under reconstruction we found on arrival. They do offer tram service to the new stadium, but the last tram stops at 11 before the game did. Some of the staff were very nice, others were not.

Not worth the money spent

We were unaware of the construction occurring at the hotel when we booked (booking.com said nothing about it). The pictures were not accurate. Our suite was missing a chair, the toilet was not secure to the ground so it rocked when sitting on it, and the bathtub filled with water when taking a shower. This was not a pleasant experience. Definitely not worth the extra money we spent to go to this hotel. Will not be using booking.com or double tree in the future.

Just what we needed..
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were quite firm. Our stay fell during their renovation process (guest rooms on floors 1-3 were closed) but it being the weekend, we were not effected by any type of construction noise or workers.

Pool was perfect! Staff was helpful and kind. Onsite restaurant was handy! Rooms were very clean.

Not very convenient.

The location was across the interstate from my business and the overpass was closed making me have to go miles out of my way for a 1 mile trip. I have an electric Car and there are no chargers on property and I was not advised of the closure before I came or I would have Cancelled. Also there were noisy kids in my hall and they didn't police the noise. And my bed must have been ancient because the springs squeaked every time I turned over and no I'm not a heavy person.

Cookies were good and room was clean.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

It was ok but could have been better

We came down for New Year's weekend & the house was awful somebody had a party on our floor security had to come up also we were woke up early due to the supervisor knocking asking were we smoking in our room basically due to the hallway smelling like marijuana then the rooms did not look like the pictures on the website Cobb,County Doubletree was so much better than this one

The staff was very nice & friendly

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

COOKIES AT CHECK IN ARE AMAZING!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the breakfast was so bad! my omelet that was "made fresh to order by a chef" was completely soaked with vegetable oil so much so that it was sitting in a pool of it on my plate even my company could smell the oil from my plate. Very disgusting totally ruined my appetite.

COOKIES AT CHECK IN ARE AMAZING! also the women who checked me in was extra sweet and welcoming

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Simple weekend getaway

Location was awful. A lot of construction in the area. Guests on my floor got really loud and a fight alomost happen! management came up but nothing was done.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good stay, but higher 2nd night rate.

I enjoyed myself so that my husband and I were willing to stay another night, but the rate was approximately $40 higher. Unfortunately we did not stay with Doubletree. We rebooked with the hotel right next door since their rate was more budget friendly.

I love the cookies you offer guests.

Disappoined
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee maker didn't work TV went out blood were on the sheets. Nice hotel they should have checked the room. Next time should do a room check. Manager offer free breakfast he should offer a fee night.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

This place is simply great.

This place is simply great. Stayed there for the second time within 4 months. First time over a week, this time one night only. The food is really nice.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

NOT WORTH THE MONEY. No microwave or fridge in room. Too Basic. The breakfast buffet was good though
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was WAY overpriced. No microwave, no fridge... very bare minimum. We were here because we had to evacuate and this room was almost $300 for the one night. It was in no way worth even half of that. There was an old dirty diaper on the roof outside our rooms window. We ate the breakfast buffet on a Saturday morning because they had a special, $12 for adults and kids free. For My husband and I and our 2 kids I was presented a check for $46, even charging for my son who did not eat or even have a plate. I immediately questioned the bill with my server and it just seemed really sketchy... there were signs ALL OVER about the special and I even confirmed the special at the hostess stand. Not sure what that was about, but she fixed it and the bill was $26 then so I tipped $6 and checked out. We ate the cookies they give out upon check in later on down the road and they were good, but I would have been much happier with a microwave and fridge in my room. The elevator was also REALLY SLOW.

The front desk employees were very nice and pleasant. The breakfast buffet was very good, best I have had at a hotel in years.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good place to stay on north side of Atlanta close to I-75.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Stayed in a nonsmoking room, but smelled cigarette smoke most of the night. Not sure if it was room next door or if it was from hotel bar downstairs. Other than that, place was nice and very convenient to I-75.

Place was nice and very convenient to I-75.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Very good stay overall

The TV didn't seem to be able to pick up any channels other than the introduction channel. Breakfast was also fairly pricey.

After using government provided beds for the past 6 months, this bed was a dream come true

Good experience
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds and rooms are small

The staff was very helpful and nice.

The room was nice.

The room was nice. The parking was hard due to renovation but worth it. The property was quiet so we slept peacefully.

It was pleasurable and comfortable

It looked like the bath tub had a ring around the inside of tub.

The cookies :) front desk service very professional the room was clean and neat.

Great place to stay

I didn't like the fact that the room did not have a microwave.

I loved the cookies and the pools and hot tub. Staff was also very friendly.

This is definitely a great clean place to relax.

Clean, great customer service

Good hotel and close to highway
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

New design and furnishing. Looks great.

I enjoyed my stay.

Everything.

Room service!

The remodel is beautiful, staff is super friendly and...

Over $200 for a room and no complimentary breakfast.

The remodel is beautiful, staff is super friendly and helpful.

It was good over all

The bed and the little pillow

The location the hotel was in

That we did have a fridge n beds was small n the lighting...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

That we did have a fridge n beds was small n the lighting was bad

Customer service training

Nice area and clean room

Not far from all the attractions
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room too small. Didn't look the same online

Not far from all the attractions

Overall it was the perfect getaway

the tub was kinda dirty

Bed was very light and relaxing

The pool fitness room and lounge were awesome
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds could’ve been bigger and more comfy

The pool fitness room and lounge were awesome

Well worth it

Renovations going on

Clean safe area. Room great condition bed comfortable

They need to close until the upgrades are done.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They need to close until the upgrades are done. it was nice but some of the area's weren't available

The construction should have been mentioned

The construction should have been mentioned

Bigger refrigerator

Bigger refrigerator

Dinner was excellent

Dinner was excellent

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The beds are extremely comfortable and the service is really...

The beds are extremely comfortable and the service is really good

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Staff friendly and responsive.

Out of date everything! Cable was not working. Room was Not worth the price.

Staff friendly and responsive.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

GREAT STAY

the heater as too loud when it cut in or off..

love the room and how quiet it was at night

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

We hope next time we can stay longer

The receptionis Marisa very friendly and helpful and at breakfast Angelica was very nice as well. Extremely nice people

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

COULD BE BETTER

ROOMS SPA AREA,

COOKIES AND STAFF LOCATION

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Nice location, great bed!

Price

Nice location, great bed!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Maritza and the night manager were very nice and helpful.

I was promised a microwave that I never received. When I arrived back on the property I had to ask the manager to help me. He called security who was rude, impatient, and refused to help me, making inappropriate comments under his breath the entire time. It took 20 minutes to heat up 2 slices of pizza. The manager apologized for the security guard's behavior and ended up heating up the pizza himself.

Maritza and the night manager were very nice and helpful. I was able to check in early and check out late without a problem.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The manager was very good with putting another bed in our...

I reserved a double bed and when I checked in it wasn't available anymore. What is the point of reserving a room? They wanted to give me a king size with me and 5 kids.

The manager was very good with putting another bed in our room because the double bed I reserved was gone.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Comfortable and clean close to serval restaurants and malls

Night clerk was a little rude and not helpful with a problem I had and I was given a room that was someone else

Comfortable and clean close to serval restaurants and malls

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Marissa treated us with a great smile and prompt service.

No fridge in our room. Took a while for hot water for our morning showers.

Marissa treated us with a great smile and prompt service. Room was clean and tidy. The hotel was quiet and the breakfast was excellent. It would have been nice to have a fridge in our room. Very short drive to downtown and to the nightlife at Buckhead.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

When I booked my stay online through booking.

When I booked my stay online through booking.com it said my reservation was confirmed but when I arrived they said I had not paid yet so I was not prepared for that so I had to change plans due to that.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

I didnt like the location.

I didnt like the location. Also not even a street over there is alot of construction going on which caused ongoing traffic. The hotel charges extra taxes for their construction going on near the location.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Prices in the cafe were high, and to get room service they...

Prices in the cafe were high, and to get room service they tacked on a 22% gratuity. We wanted to just do takeout but it was room service or eat in cafe. I have difficulty walking and my wife went to the cafe to get our dinner, I have no problem paying for a service but "strong arm tactics" leave me fuming. There was also a 2.50 charge to deliver the meal which is reasonable. This happened on a rainy night near ten o'clock so our out of Hotel restaurants were probably not an option. Most hotels have lists of places that deliver but not here. I didn't inquire at the front desk, it was the end of a long day of driving and we opted to pay and expend more energy on arguing with staff. The staff was very professional and courteous, I did complain about not getting a handicapped accessible bathroom,that I had requested when I made the reservation, but they said none were available when I checked in.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Cleanliness

No exercise facility. Only one staff was friendly. Disclosure was not made about additional deposit charged even upon arruval. I just noticed additional monies being charged & inquired. I was told its in the fine print & its only a small amount!

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

The men that worked there have excellent customer service...

The women that worked there were all rude and unfriendly. They made you feel like an inconvenience rather than the most important part of business.

The men that worked there have excellent customer service skills.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

I liked the decor very upscale.

One girl at the front desk was very rude,i didn't like that the pool closed at 10 so i didn't get to swim

I liked the decor very upscale. Clean, inside and outside pool with a hot tub, beds were comfortable but rooms were a bit small

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

We enjoyed the comfort of the bed, the location, and the...

We didn't like the fact that after you paid for the initial wifi charge. There was an additional $3 charge for a additional devices connected, i.e cell phone.

We enjoyed the comfort of the bed, the location, and the complimentary cookies!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Excellent location, right off highway.

Excellent location, right off highway. Very nice room, very good breakfast buffet. Staff are super and helpful. Plenty of parking available. Good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

The staff was helpful and friendly.

The room left a lot to be desired. Housekeeping seemed to be very limited in that the bathroom was not sanitary and we experienced a slow drain with the bathroom sink. The offer continental breakfast but you had to pay $11.95 pp and they charged for wi-fi. Given the price point, I think those things should be free on the weekend.

The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

The staff was friendly helped out with whatever they could.

I didn't like they didn't have a complainting breakfast for use we had to pay to eat .Good thing it was close to food places.

The staff was friendly helped out with whatever they could.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

Beds are very comfortable, water pressure was good, maid...

Very small bathroom, no free wifi, incidental fee of $25 per day charged up front with no warning, breakfast was more expensive on weekdays then weekends

Beds are very comfortable, water pressure was good, maid service was great.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Staff was really friendly

Additional fees reviled after check-in and not at time of reservation.

Staff was really friendly

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Clean, service

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

The roon was very clean and comfortable.

The roon was very clean and comfortable...

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Location of meeting

Awakened multiple times by loud guest after 11:00 PM

Location of meeting

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

I don't like that I called ahead of time for an extra...

I don't like that I called ahead of time for an extra night and drove 3 hours to not have a room when I got there

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.