Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim/Orange County 3 stars

100 The City Drive South, Anaheim, CA 92868-3204, USA

#25 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

• Double Room with Two Beds

We booked a double bed with 2 beds. When we got there, they had given our room away, so one of us had to sleep on a rollaway and he is over 6ft tall. It was uncomfortable. They gave us free parking for the trouble, but for the price we paid, it should be free anyway. The bathroom is outdated.

The beds were nice.

Breakfast buffet selection was OK but the scrambled eggs Luke warm At best. Only two waiters they were trying but had a hard time getting to us for water and coffee and take our order. then took a long time to get the bill and they did not ask if we wanted to pay for it there or just charge to the room ? He scurried off and did not return. I wanted to pay cash but since he did not come back I just charged to the room. Not that big a deal just not the way I wanted to pay. $17 for parking 😡

Check in was easy. lobby and bar beautiful. room comfortable bed comfortable showerhead was nice

• Premium Double Room with two beds - High Floor - City View

Parking was confusing and the host wasn’t really helpful We were charged extra for it

The fresh baked cookies and the view of the angels stadium and Disneyland as well as the tram that takes you to Disneyland

Not the hotels fault but there was protesting going on outside and it kept us up all night long. Just a little frustrating. My partner and I dont go on vacations often so it was a little frustrating with the protestors keeping us awake and waking us up at 5 am.

The staff was great and the room was nice.

House keeping wasn’t thorough Didn’t pick up somethings Didn’t replenish coffee. Had to call in the morning and wait for it to be delivered Parking arm system didn’t work Poorly trained staff Card key didn’t work, had to go back to front desk to have it fixed.

Cobb salad was good

Wish I could've stayed longer & enjoyed amenities

Loved having a desk and wifi easily available. The room was well placed and don't feel crowded.

• Double Room with Two Beds

I did NOT like that we were given such a high price for self parking as well as valet parking without knowing ahead of time. When we book the hotel, any hotel, it should be clear on the booking information the cost of parking....No matter how we book it. Also, wi-fi should be free at all time. I also I did NOT appreciate the hotel holding $200 dollars for incidentals.... They said the $200 held included parking. That is not fair, The parking fee should just be added to the bill. Also, I would like to have a small fridge and microwave in the room.

The maids were excellent :) The staff was friendly and kind. The room was comfortable. The beds and pillows perfect. Fast elevators :)

• Double Room with Two Beds

felt the A/C wasn’t cold enough and I wasn’t able to lower the temperature for some reason.

The front desk lady was incredible! I can’t recall her name. She was very welcoming and provided us a gift certificate to the restaurant once she found out I was a military service member. It’s these things that make service members know that we are appreciated for the choices we made in serving our country. Thank you!

• Double Room with Two Beds

Charged additional $100 security each day, after paying $100 security and parking fees at check in. Hotel said Corporate Hilton charged it. Corporate blamed Booking.com. Lots of phone calls to get security money back.

• Double Room with two beds - Disability Access - Bathtub

Expected it to be more fancy with the price we got. Took forever for the elevators to arrive . $17 for parking.... really? Seems like it should be complimentary.

Close parking.

• Double Room with Two Beds

I was charged for deposit money USD 50 per night, which wasn’t mention in the booking, and it will only be returned to me in 6 weeks.

The room is quite big

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Not having a fridge or microwave for the price I paid. Prices going up with SOME motels/hotels and not accommodating with simple things such as a fridge and microwave. Only difference from a standard room from a suite is you get a micro and Fridge. Shouldn't that be included in ALL rooms in THE HILTON???

Close to Stadium

Dark inside room near door. Sirens from emergency vehicles. No USB connections. No shower caps.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Clean. Prompt bell man service. Cookies! Coffee bar Parking

• Premium King Room - High Floor - City View

No shuttle to convention center. Concierge not able to find the number to call to get a car rental (assuming that was what what he was searching for)- we paid $20 to an airport shuttle that came for another guest and we rented a car at the airport.

Room was comfortable and roomy. Elevators were prompt. Staff very friendly and attentive- text opportunity for any issues to front desk- nice feature. Food in dining room and pub was great.

The bed and the shower didn't give us much of a "wow factor." The bed didn't feel like a cloud and the shower was just a basic shower.

The view of our room made it worth staying.

fitness center was muggy and room service menu was lacking, especially for a gluten-free diet.

All in all, a comfortable stay; breakfast was ok and hotel was nice; front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with two beds - Disability Access - Roll in Shower

The tv was disconnected from the power source had to had tech come in a reconnect and the worst part was the shower there was hair still in the bath tub. Made me wonder just how well the room was cleaned and inspected.

Beds were comfortable staff was friendly

• Premium King Room - High Floor - City View

The hotel in across the street for UCI Medical center. Ambulance every 10 minutes with full sirens, and even a couple of life-flight helicopters after midnight to enhance the constant sirens. Great if you want to be across the street from the hospital, but not good for families or business. Make sure you are on the other side of the hotel. They could have a shuttle to the convention center. Breakfast was not great. Bacon was old and cold. Toast was raw/uncooked.

Coffee was very good. I like that they have a sandwich bar in the afternoon for guests on the go.

The bed was very comfortable and the curtains kept the room dark and cozy. The room itself was clean and comfortable. We definitely enjoyed our stay and will be back. Everyone was very nice. This hotel is also close to many attractions and shopping areas.

We love everything about the hotel with the exception of the startling sound of a helicopter landing on the helipad at the UC Irvine Medical Center next door at a random PM hour. It was a 10 minute inconvenience to our sleep but we were exhausted from our day and fell back asleep quickly after the heli left. This could be an issue for light sleepers or those that are sensitive about being woken surprisingly. Ask for a room that is not near the medical center.

Clean, good bed with nice linens and pillows, lovely updated showers with good water pressure, great shuttle service to and from Disney and very friendly staff.

• King Room - Disability Access - Bathtub

There was only one elevator working with a huge conference going on. No complimentary water in the room. No slippers. Most of the time the front desk won't pick up. No free wifi in the rooms. They didn't clean the bathroom well.

Near an outlet, near Disney.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

There was drilling early morning which kept me awake, had to ask for extended checkout due to interrupted sleep and they charged me for it when it should have been given for the disturbance. also, premium internet speed was 2meg, not fast at all.

• Double Room with Two Beds

It was New Year's Eve people were outside on the patio socializing, no seats all taken. Then my husband and I and another couple sat at a table by the pool for some privacy and was told by female security we couldn't sit there like we were children. Also the fire pit or heat lamps weren't on and it was feeezing. Bar had only 1 waitress who in fact did a great job just a long wait.

• Double Room with two beds - Disability Access - Bathtub

They do not offer shuttle service to anyway other than Disneyland. The bartender wasn’t friendly at all. Maybe he was just not having a good day. The front desk clerk over charged me by $50. She charged me twice for the deposit. Also is cost to park at the hotel. An extra $17 a night.

I liked the location of this property. Walking distance from Angel Stadium. The bellhop was very helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Beds

Bar staff not very friendly when ordering food only Heater wasn’t working properly (we stayed there in December)

Friendly staff Crib availability Shuttle to Disney

• Premium Double Room with two beds - High Floor - City View

There were charges made to my room that did not belong to me that I had to dispute after receiving my credit card statement. The staff were not so helpful in this area, I felt like an employee doing admin research in order to try to resolve the issue.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

We were left on hold when we were calling for their shuttle service and the gentleman at the front desk put us on hold and hung up. It was 1 AM when this happened to us. It was cold and we were stranded at Disneyland.

The bathroom towels were a little too rough. There should be a 24 hour low budget restaurant /café and gift shop with touristy items like post cards, magnets. Maybe city "theme clothing" like t-shirts, key chains, etc.

The view from my room of the city was awesome! It is located like in the middle of EVERYTHING! I couldn't go to sleep at night. I just wanted to look at the night views. Thank you for putting me on the 20th floor over looking Chapman.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

The parking, there was a sign stating value parking only when you could self-park as well. It would have been nice to see both options.

Very comfortable bed, staff where very friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

My shower/bathtub wasn't cleaned up properly. The water drainage in my shower/bath did not work properly. Water accumulated and took too long to drain when attempting to take a shower. Didn't realize it until I needed to take a shower right before I had to check out. Did not have time to complain to the front desk. Did not like that my room had a connecting door with the room next door. Could hear everything next door.

The Lobby, bar and staff.

• Double Room with Two Beds

there was only one outlet i could see near / on the bedside table and we had two phones to charge.

the beds were so nice with perfect pillows. the cookies were delicious and warm.

• Double Room with Two Beds

Would have liked to have the parking situation for the hotel to be put in the price of the room or be told before booking that it was paid parking

Loved the shuttle to Disneyland saved a lot of hassle trying to park at the park but would have liked it if they came more frequently

• Premium Double Room with two beds - High Floor - City View

There was no mini refrigerator in my “premium” room and that there was a waitlist for one.

I liked the location, space, cleanliness, convenience and service shuttle to Disneyland.

The bed was not comfortable. Water bottles inside the room were expensive.

I liked the view of our room, friendly staff, and cleanliness. Good distance to Disneyland and the outlets.

I enjoyed this hotel! The rooms are very clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! The staff was very helpful and sweet. They even greeted you with fresh warm cookies when you check in! I loved it!

• Premium Double Room with two beds - High Floor - City View

The breakfast choices are quite limited and don't vary much from the previous day. The hallways to the rooms are freezing and you can feel it coming inside the bedroom near the door.

The staff is super friendly and helpful! It's quite easy to get to the hotel and those cookies are so worth the staying there! There's an outlet mall at a walking distance!

• Double Room with Two Beds

The hot tub was full of leaves and bugs tried to use it two nights but couldn’t. Needed towels and Kleenex and the sink was backed up when we got to the room. Nobody came to clean the sink and they didn’t bring the towels and Kleenex till midnight waking us up.

The staff was great the room was comfortable the bar was great

The restaurant closed too early. The exterior areas of the hotel need more lighting at night.

Our room was very quiet, and the bed was comfortable. We were staying there for a few nights while our home was without a usable bathroom, so we were glad to find a decent place to stay not far away.

• Double Room with Two Beds

I had to replace entry key because it was not activated for parking. Twice each time I visited the hotel. So when my daughter came back n couldn't get in, the front desk wound not want to talk to me so I can explain the situation. I sent her my Id n I wanted to face time with her to explain. I could leave n go back to hotel right away. Staff was very rude to my daughter n didn't want to talk to me. She simply said there's no exception. I understand about security,but if you have my id n you are face timing with me, that's like talking to me in person.

Room is clean n price is right.

• Double Room with Two Beds

The only issue I did have during my stay was that the linens were still wet when I arrived. They felt like they hadn't been fully dried and they put them on anyway. I called guest services and they immediately sent someone with a blanket. I tried to look past this, but I could still feel the moisture from the linens. I had to call guest services again to let them know that I was still uncomfortable with the wet linens and finally they had someone completely redo the linens for the beds. It probably would have been much easier for management to just move us to a fresh room or redo the linens the first time.

Overall, the location is great. I checked into this hotel for the night to get away from the heat and enjoy sometime at the pool. Which was great! The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, and overall it is worth the cost. The cookies are an added plus too!

• Double Room with two beds - Disability Access - Roll in Shower

I dislike that they charge me twice the way I see it . A security deposit of 150 that's ok.and then charge 266,225 and at the end the full amount?! Now I need to wait to clear everything.

• Double Room with Two Beds

paying for wi fi wasn't the best... I mean come on, motel 6 has free wi fi. get with it guys!

The bed was very comfy and the room was so nice I almost didn't want to leave. The outside of the bar seating area was amazingly relaxing, and the bartender was a cool guy. When we checked in the attendant handed us warm cookies and they were delish! whenever we make a trip to Disneyland my wife and I have decided that we will be loyal to the hotel. All around a great stay we've come back and will continue to come back to this location. Free wi fi would make it a little better, not too happy paying $10 a day for internet.

• Double Room with Two Beds

Their room service bad customer service because the gratuity is included and the server expect more tip on top of that I had the experience when I ordered room service and I asked the server if the tips are included he aplyed yes but you could total the check at the bottom which I felt like he wanted me to add more tips when I signed the check I saw the look on his face being unhappy he didn't even said thank you I thought it was kind of rote and one more thing their coffee store in the lobby prices are expensive they charge $3.50 for medium regular coffee which I was going a cross the street to get satrbuks for a dollar less and better coffee.

They charge for a refrigerator in the room every hotel we stayed in refrigerator and microwave always inside the room.but it's free for tenth floor and up which one stupid policy I won't be staying at this hotel again and one more thing their room service close at 11.00 pm which it makes it inconvenient for the guests coming late to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double Room with Two Beds

Clean and nice place, close to Starbucks. Breakfast was amazingly tasty. People at the desk were very friendly and helpful, the hotel bar and outside seating area were especially nice.

• Double Room with Two Beds

The room did not cool off very well. By the time we got back in the room after being out for the day, it was muggy inside of it and took hours to cool off enough to be comfortable. The bedding and floors felt wet because of how muggy it was in the room. The full size beds were fairly comfortable but very small to share.

The staff was incredibly kind and attentive to our needs. The location was great, and they had a shuttle available to go back and forth to Disneyland. The building was very pretty, and parking was extremely convenient even though it did come with a fee ($15/night normally priced).

• Double Room with Two Beds

The bathroom was small, only room enough for one person to get cleaned up, etc. The room we were assigned had no refrigerator, but we were only there for one night, otherwise it would have been unacceptable.

The room was big. We had a good view.

The bed was very uncomfortable and made it difficult for us to sleep. We had to put the A/C at 67 before we could get the room cool enough to be somewhat comfortable to sleep. No refrigerator or microwave.

There was a beautiful view from our room on the 20th floor. The room was very clean and neat, and the area around the room was very quiet. The room was well laid out and had a nice table for doing computer work or putting on makeup.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Personally, I didn't like the mattress. It was sinking in on one side, and the sheets were uncomfortable. Also the size of the bathroom was very small.

Loved the cookies! Best cookies I've had in a while. Loved its location! Perfect distance to entertainment. Less than a mile away from the shopping outlets, Dave and Buster's, and Anaheim baseball stadium!

• Double Room with Two Beds

Nothing that I can think of!

This is the second time we've stayed at the Doubletree/Hilton. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The lobby, rooms, etc. are very clean and modern. The free shuttle to Disneyland is very convenient and the shuttle drivers are helpful and very family friendly. There's no reason for us to stay anywhere else during future visits! Oh, I almost forgot. The free chocolate chip cookie you get during check-in is delicious and a very nice touch!

• King Room - Disability Access - Bathtub

Wish it had more options as far as shopping closer .

I like the close proximity to Angel Stadium and Disneyland . Super clean and had a Restaurant and bar on premise .

• Premium King Room - High Floor - City View

The elevators were a little slow. The hotel was much busier than last time, but its 4th of July weekend at Disneyland - so I can't complain! Great stay overall!

The bed was super soft! And the room was very clean!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

that we had to pay for parking. Guests pay $15 and other people not staying there pay $16. We get a $1 break, big woop! Include it with room or make it significantly less than non-guest price. beds very comfortable but queens would have been better. Fulls are really small. Especially if you're average to large I imagine. Air conditioner cycling on all night is okay but it makes a strange noise, like a PA system about to make an announcement. Not white noise, woke me up....expected to hear a notice. A little strange.

Beds are comfortable. I liked the little cafe downstairs with starbucks coffee. Forgot one toothbrush and they brought us one.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Starbucks coffee terrible. No fridge!! No safe Restaurant menu - dreadful so instead we ate at the bar. Missed the gift shop! Need 2 stands to put cases on

Close to Angels stadium. Close to Disney land Great to have a laundry that works and easy to use and not expensive. Pool is lovely. Staff helpful Walking distance to outlet shops and restaurants Good size rooms

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The parking was ridiculous $16 to have my car there over night when I already spent $200 for my room?

Staff was great, the room was very nice and clean. Needs more soap in it though.

I hated that we have to pay for parking!! There should be an option valet which you pay for & regular which should be free. I mean thats stupid that we had to pay for that also, you pay for breakfast but its not worth $18 a plate in my opinion.

The bed was so comfortable! The Jacuzzi was relaxing and clean! Their shuttle bus to Disneyland was great & their drivers are so funny & nice!

• Double Room with Two Beds

Cleaning crew only left enough toiletries for 1 person. Had to call 4 times for more towels, soaps, and the sort. The pool closed at 11pm. Would have loved a late night hot tub soak after Disneyland.

Good location. Nice that they had a shuttle to Disney. Great pool. Nice gardens. Good rooms. Very helpful staff. Coffee Bean and tea leaf in the room!!!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Beds

I wish booking.com would have stated there was a $75 pet fee, not the property's fault, it wouldn't have mattered but it's nice to know up front.

Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating with my pets. This was our first time staying at an upscale hotel with the pups, and were a little nervous that we would get a crappy room and harsh looks. We were so happy and our pups loves their time here too.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Beds

I think it's time to re seal your windows. It wasn't that windy and the air gaps were screaming like a witch and whistling like the seven dwarfs all night!

Staff was great. All of them we met...

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Beds

Took great care of us after a small snafu with breakfast passes. Love the cookies. Also had excellent shuttle service to and from Disneyland. Great experience.

Parking wasn't explained to us. I paid double;e for parking the first day. They were supposed to remove two days of parking from my bill but only removed one. The refrigerator didn't work in our room. They fixed it the next day.

Friendly and professional staff. Refrigerator didn't work in our room, they replaced it the next day. We had a problem with the parking and told the front staff. They said they would remove two days of parking off the bill. They only took one day off but it wasn't enough of a problem that we were upset abut it. I would stay here again. Maybe I will, we are flying back to CA in August.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

I dislike the fact that when a called to reservation I was told that the staff didn't have her computer running, I understand it was an early call but I felt that was not professional. I was told to call back for room availability later on that morning. but when I went in to the hotel to speak to front desk about early check in she had no problem finding availability.

hotel is in a great location, the staff from the hotel were friendly . I was lucky to check in at 6am for a minimal fee.. the shuttles staff to Disney were happy people playing games with the kids and telling us jokes.. we celebrated our wedding anniversary in the right hotel. beds were comfortable.. room was extra clean.. parking fee did apply but parking as close from the room. were given warm chocolate cookies when arrived to the hotel. overall a great experience. would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

n/a

The property was clean and had very good customer service. Upon check-in we were provided complimentary fresh baked chocolate chip cookies (delicious) and bottles of water. Later when I realized I had forgotten my deodorant, the front desk personnel happily provided me with a complimentary travel size deodorant 😄 We were in town for the Angels game (very close to field). Although we were not visiting Disneyland, we noticed the hotel has a shuttle available with multiple departure times. We would definitely stay at this property again!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

I do not like that the hotel charges $15 per day for parking. This is not a cheap hotel, and to try and fleece more money out of people by making them pay for parking when they have no choice but to park there because, hey!!!!!, they are staying at your hotel, is just plain greedy!!!

Very friendly and helpful staff!!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Outlets did not work in room. We had booked a family suit but they were out and room was not ready until past 5:00 pm. Stuck us in a regular room but still charged for higher room.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

the morning coffee was bad and the parking was goofy it would have been better to use the valet parking it was explained better

very nice and clean with a friendly staff and within walking distance of great food

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Beds

Somehow I had booked into your hotel accidentally when I thought my reservation was for the Double Tree on Harbor Blvd near the Convention Centre. The double beds were less than ideal for us, as we are accustomed to sleeping in queen beds. My senior citizen mother actually fell out of her bed in the middle of the night! Neither the bathtub nor the bathroom sink would drain very quickly. They both seemed to need to be snaked/cleared. When I was handed my bill on the final day of a one-week stay, I'd been charged for 7 days of valet parking when I had only used the valet parking service once. This was, happily, rectified by the desk clerk. I also found the parking experience quite frustrating - having to wait for the gate/bar to lift upon entry and exit was not a good experience. This was significant enough that it would discourage me from staying at your hotel on a future trip. It would be nice to have a second suitcase stand/holder in the room so the table could have been kept for eating. Chair in corner of room was VERY low to the ground - comfortable enough but hard to get out of for my senior citizen mother. Noise from helicopter landing on roof of hospital was off-putting, but only briefly on one night of our stay. I did not like being charged for each time my mother attempted to make a local call (whether or not she got through).

Sheets, bedding, and towels were clean and very good quality. Great pillows too. Having two fridges and a microwave was very good. Room keys worked well every time. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Sorry the beds were too soft. Please replace beds with more firm mattresses. Much better for the back. :)

I liked the location, the professionalism and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Beds

Parking garage not connected to hotel.

The price was great! Very comforting and clean too. I loved the complimentary shuttle as well. And the cookies given out when checking in, small but cute detail. :)

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Like all modern hotels, ventilation in my room was a problem so getting what I consider breathable air is tough. There is a slot to open at the base of the window which helps but i woke up stuffy every night so i did not sleep well. although there were a refrigerator and microwave in my room they were not useful unless you brought your own stuff as the tiny pantry offered was not very useful

I very much liked the location near restaurants and easy freeway access. Hotel was quiet even though it was full of people so that was a big plus. Rooms were decent size but not overly large. Bed was comfortable and pillows excellent

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room with two beds - Disability Access - Roll in Shower

Hotel was a little farther to Disneyland then I thought it would be, but with the feee shuttle it really diddnt matter. Shuttles ran every hour till midnight. It was about a 10 minute shuttle ride.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with everything we asked for. Even helped us book tour reservations with universal studios. The free shuttle to Disneyland was very helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Room cleanliness, rubbish and food not taken out of room. When we checked in there was old mouldie food in room refrigerator. We noticed dirt on carpet was there for 2 days - obviously the rooms not vacuumed daily.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The mattress on the bed was old and when we asked to replace it, they just flipped it. No free Wifi was an inconvenience and most hotels now offer this perk.

Location of hotel was prime for Disneyland and the shopping outlets. Food and room service was great!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Did not have: Free WiFi, Free Parking or Free Breakfast

Warm yummy cookies available at check in and whenever you stroll by for more. Lots of options nearby for activities. Easy to leave parking lot. Nice pool and tub area. Older, but nice clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

Hotel was being "updated" at the time of our visit. Our room was nice, but we had two beds which were cramped for two people to sleep in one at the same time. The room was VERY noisy. Our window faced right at a Hospital and a busy road so we heard cars and ambulances all night long making it very hard to sleep.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Beds

water was coming into our bath tub from somewhere not from our room faucet, I had to call front desk, they took care of it. was good that i was in the room

bed is very comfortable and sheets are clean so with the bath towels.