Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta North Druid Hills/Emory Area 3 stars

2061 North Druid Hills Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA

#132 of 226 hotels in Atlanta

It was a pretty good experience.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only two things that I didn’t like was the fact of hair being on my bath towels and wash cloths. Also while wanting to take a swim, the pool was pretty filthy.

It as really great for the price, and I will be staying with Hilton again.

A Great Stay in Atlanta! Close to Everything. We will be staying again!
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was a little green when we first arrived. Went to guest services and Kerry had the maintenance crew come do a through clean of the pool! Which was good and all but we just wish it had of happened before we arrived we had to wait for a couple of hours before it was ready to be used. Which we never did since the rain came right as they was finishing up. The only other complaint was about the shuttle they do offer a shuttle service but the service close at 5:00pm on a Saturday night. We had a reservation for Lips at 6:00pm we used Lyft. Other than that it was a Awesome Stay!

We arrived with the ability to check in early. Which was awesome, upon our arriving we had access to the pool. We loved the bed! It was super comfortable, and the gentleman that checked us in was name Kerry he was excellent! He was able to Answer all of our questions. He was very knowledgeable about the area.

Atlanta visit
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Did not have a continental breakfast, just a restaurant buffet, for the price you pay breakfast is normally free continental or buffet.

Staff, convenient to my venue

The staff were very pleasant but the property needs major improvements.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arriving to our room, there was a towel in the refrigerator. The thermostat was not working properly! There was trash bags with trash inside sitting vending area.

Location was great.

I like everything about this hotel and I will be returning...
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like everything about this hotel and I will be returning very soon. The staff was excellent. She even gave us a hug as we left the hotel for checkout. Great place employed with Great people.

Sylvia was amazing.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sylvia was amazing. My trip was a nightmare because my airline lost my luggage. But she made me feel much better about everything. She’s the sweetest person, ever!

Our stay was very very good. My husband and I did a quick vacation and this was the best place to st
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The most thing I like about this property was the cleanliness of our room, the front desk was very good in helping us. The restaurant for breakfast and dinner was AWESOME. We had a very good stay here.

Front desk was very pleasant and welcoming.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping kept knocking on the door early in the morning and opening/unlocking the door while me and my guests were trying to sleep. I thought this was very odd. Also, room seemed to be outdated.

Front desk was very pleasant and welcoming.

There were bumps during the stay, but we overlooked the mistakes.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Called the hotel before arrival to confirm the reservation and it was unprofessional. We called corporate and was handled by the gm. At check in another card was used for the payment but another amount was charged to the first card. At night the parking was limited and you would have to walk from the back of the hotel to the front. We did not see any side or back entrances. On our second night we did not have hot water when we returned from a hiking trip. We tried running the water for about 5 minutes to see if it would change. Finally, I called the front desk about the issue and was advised “they were resetting the boilers and should be back on in 10 minutes.” The hot water did return like promised.

The pillows were amazing!

My stay here was so so. I enjoyed the staff but i don’t think I’d be visiting this location again
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first time that i stayed at this hotel i had issues with the plumbing system (bathtub and sink water) drained out extremely slow and not my second tome staying here i experience the same problem yet again. and i mean EXTREMELY slow. The toilet ago gave me problems with trying to flush. I would have to keep my hand on the lever during the entire flushing process or else it would not flush

The comfort of the bed

Everything else was great overall wonderful
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I left at 11pm the night before my flight was at 7am I was told I couldn’t check out early even tho I was ok being charged for that night . I was scared of being on the plane still at checkout time

Staff was very helpful with my check in

They stay was great. The only issue I had was with cleanliness
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom tub wasn’t clean and I noticed some brown stuff (dirty) around the drain. The towels I received had some green film or something green on them so I was limited to using towels. I noticed all of this upon arrival and did ask for new towels but the bath tub was still dirty after it was cleaned and before I used it.

I liked the room and how big it was. The best was comfortable!

Completely Satisfied
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In town for a concert only stayed one night but the hotel was very clean, friendly staff, rooms were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was AWESOME clean beautiful dining area will definitely stay again

One particular staff member was nice;
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was hair in the shower when we arrived, and also the shower did not drain properly; you would be standing in ankle high water while trying to shower. Room was small

One particular staff member was nice; all others would give dirty looks when you would enter the hotel while they were sitting around the common area.

Hotel service didn't clean my room!
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Came into my room, took off my sheets and left it on the ground. My room wasn't clean, call the front desk to ask why, they said the room cleaning forgot about it, came to the room with a trash bag of clean towels and sheets and made me put it on myself.. Something like this I would expect with a cheap motel not a Hilton hotel.. Very disappointed

From a scale to 1- 10, i would rate my stay for one night a 5.

1. Could not sleep because of the major highway nearby. Too much traffic noise! SOUND PROOF WINDOWS SHOULD BE INSTALLED! 2. The TV remote control was difficult to change channels. May need batteries! 3. Please replace your pillows. They are too small and not comfortable. 4. I requested a military discount. Please honor the military. 5. Overall my room was not worth the amount we paid, which was $235.00 for just one night. 6. Probably would not recommend to anyone and probably will not return.

1.Front desk excellent 2. Breakfast was good, but to expensive.

Never again!

Bathroom had hole in ceiling and shower curtain. Unknown hair on bathroom door. Stained bathroom towels. Electrical outlets did not work. TERRIBLE.

The only issues I had with this hotel were financial.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only issues I had with this hotel were financial. First, I couldn't pay cash to check in. Then I got charged an incidental fee of $45 that I was not aware of prior to check in. Then I got charged another $25 for incidental later that evening. I only stayed one night and had to pay an extra $70. It took three days for the money to be credited back to my account.

Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning the room, they...
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As with ALL hotels, they occasionally wash the comforters so I never use them. However, my comforter clearly had makeup stains and should have been cleaned.

Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning the room, they didn't just replace sheets, they actually cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed. The front staff was also very nice and helpful.

Wonderful Staff
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything about the place was wonderful. I never met so many friendly people in one place. If you don't drive uber is the best option. I was told the transportation system isn't that good.

I love that the staff was friendly and helpful after Booking.com messed my reservations up. Their patience is better than mine. Angela and Sylvia took 2 hours trying to fix another's companies error. I'm so grateful for them.

It was ok.

I didn’t like the fact that I was charged a $25 deposit after I had already paid for my room, and I have yet to get my deposit back.

The view from my room.

Thanks to Mr. Ponder it was great!
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Customer Service in your dining area!

Mr. Clarence Ponder saved the trip! He turn a bad customer service situation into a great customer service situation. Mr. Ponder is a great asset to your hotel and your company! He should be commended for his professionalism and his efforts to bring great service to all your guest!

Will definitely stay there again! Clean, pleasant, and incredible staff!
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I want to give special Thanks to Keith (Lacey?) that worked the front desk for our stay. I like to call him Awesome Keith! We were staying in Atlanta due to my mom having Stem Cell Transplant at Emory University Hospital, and he was very uplifting & helpful. He went above & beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible! He is a huge asset to the Doubletree! I wish the world had more people like him!

That's all I have to say.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The noise from the highway was disturbing. Also, I didn't like that the clerk cpuld not give me a receipt. She said I had to get that from you guys😣.

The bed was very comfortable! All was very clean, nice, beautiful.

This is an "OK" Hotel...but that's it. Hope they improve in the future.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is an "OK" Hotel, they did not gave us a Double tree cookie !!!!, shuttle cannot be used to drive you to the airport only "surrounding areas". No breakfast included, the rooms are good enough, they are a little old and could use an update, specially the bathroom, the bed was good but the structure made noises even if you don't move. This is a good hotel, but it is not a great hotel.

think twice
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

i was charged $220 over my booking price!!!! the room was ridiculously small and our bed was a full not a queen. breakfast cost $14 majority of the staff was very unfriendly and extremely rude and unhelpful. shower was cold hot water only worked twice during my entire stay. Worsted Hotel Experience I've ever had!

Value for money, great location, room service can be better.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room service was terrible. After 5 pm, they would always say, please come down and collect. Once they cleaned the room, and there were no towels in the bathroom. I called 3 times and finally after 4 hours it came. 3rd day, we realized there was no creamer in the room, once again the answer was please come down and collect.

Location, parking, close to all restaurants and shopping, and morning staff very friendly. We were dropping our child to Emory, so it was very convenient.

STRESSFUL AND VERY RUDE STAFF

THE STAFF TAKING SOME PRIDE IN THEIR PROPERTY AND THE STAFF NEEDS TO LEARN THE VALUE OF HONESTY. WE WERE UNABLE TO GET IN THE POOL DUE TO THE POOL BEING SO NASTY & DIRTY. WE WERE TOLD BY THE STAFF EVERYDAY FOR THE 5 DAYS WE WERE THERE, THAT THE POOL WOULD BE CLEANED THE NEXT DAY, WHEN WE CHECKED OUT (AFTER 5 DAYS) THE POOL STILL HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED OUT. THE STAFF ALSO SMOKED ON THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL AND JUST THREW THEIR CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE WALKWAY. WHEN WE ASKD THE SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER WHERE HE DROVE TO, WE WERE TOLD THAT HE WAS NOT A TAXI DRIVER AND IF WE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO CALL A CAB HE WOULD CALL ONE FOR US. WE HAVE STAYED AT SEVERAL DOUBLE TREES AND THIS WAS THE WORST ONE EVER. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A ISSUE WITH DOUBLE TREE BEFORE, WHICH IS WHY WE CHOSE DOUBLE TREE FOR OUR STAY IN ATLANTA. WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS LOCATION AGAIN

THE BREAKFAST WE ATE IN THE ONSITE REASTAURANT WAS SO-SO - KIND OF BLAND - NO SEASONING IN ANYTHING.

The location was ideal for me.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was smoking in the adjoining room on two consecutive nights. The smoke came through the bathroom vent. After I reported it about the first night the problem was not taken care of. I reported the second night and was offered to take another room. I did not because I was leaving the next morning. To contain the smoke I closed the bathroom door. I will not stay at this hotel again nor recommend it! The beds were extremely soft and lumpy!

The location was ideal for me. Friendly staff.

Comfortable stay
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was comfortable and the room had all the amenities and all of them worked. Our tv wasn't working so the staff was nice to bring us a new one. Everyone was very friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable. The breakfast was also tasty with a lot of variety and fresh coffee

No more Hilton hotels for me
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very disrespectful we arrived and we charged an extra fee for insurance the lady told us "this is what happens when you stay at a high quality hotel" a hotel that had ants crawling all over the place and children running through the hallways a hotel the breakfast is an extra charge a hotel that ran out of towels Not to mention she said "I would recommend you become one of Hilton member and maybe you wont have to go through this" this hotel and company will not get any of my money ever again I felt so disrespectful and the pool was digust

The beds and the location was very convenient

Great stay and visit!
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool area could have been cleaner, but with the wind and the rain not surprised at its condition.

Many thanks to the evening supervisor Sylvia. She genuinely treated my wife and I like family and assisted us greatly with our reservations. The hotel staff were outstanding and took care of any needs we had without hesitation. Thank you for a great stay!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were several charges made on my Debit card for room service that I didn't order which I had to dispute and it took 4 days after returning​ from my trip to correct it. My second day there, my room was not cleaned until I called the front desk at 5pm and requested it. I always book with DoubleTree hotel when traveling but after this experience we will be using another hotel.

I will not return
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we checked in the room it was dirty. The sheets had stains on them and the bathtub was not cleaned. I asked to be moved to another room which was a little better but the air was not working properly. I don't think I will ever go back to this location.

Only thing that I really enjoyed were the complimentary cookies and the breakfast was good.

Overall the stay was good.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Did not like the furniture placement in room. Dresser with tv needs to be moved where desk is placed. We were not able to relax and watch tv comfortably, you have to turn head to the side to view tv.

Overall the stay was good.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Too much money for a night of marijuana smoke loud music and horrible instant microwaveable brkfst
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast.....too bland/artificial. Juice horrible cheap flavor. Coffee watered down. Hallways smelled like a bar/hookah lounge with waves of marijuana smoke. Lint in the curtains. Hair in the bathroom on the wall. Shower was full of dirt and debris from previous renter. Not enough parking. Front desk agent not visible upon arrival. Bed had debris and hair strands on the bed. I managed a Wyndham and Choice property for ten years. I know what to expect and the areas of neglect from housekeeping staff.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Be careful when picking this hotel.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

On Friday the water was off for three hours they never told any of the guests. They never cleaned our room. My wife made the bed every night. The toilet was down and every time I said could someone come up they said they were on the way but they wasn't. Because of the water we were late for a business event.

The cable worked

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Most of the downstairs floor was under construction and we...
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Most of the downstairs floor was under construction and we were not alerted to this at the time of booking. I had planned to utilize the business center facilities but they were under construction as well.

We stayed for a short time .
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smallll room and the pool was closed

Nice location , friendly staff

Very nice hotel

Everything was nice

We enjoyed the pool very much and the beds were really comfortable

It was ok
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small. Tub didn't drain not enough towels

Excellent Hotel
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was awesome. Room was clean and comfortable. Super convenient location. Shout out to Brandon who runs the shuttle service!

I had a great experience

Sylvia was Everything! Hospitality was EVERYTHING

I loved everything!

I loved everything! Friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet and comfortable. Will be booking again.

Be Prepared for a GREAT EXPERIENCE at Double tree Hilton!!
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The management and staff willing to serve. Everyone wore a smile, down to housekeeping.

Ms SYLVIA at the front desk was so sweet and helpful.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Ms SYLVIA at the front desk was so sweet and helpful.

Great location, amazing staff, very comfortable and clean!
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner took a good while to cool the room off.

Staff was very friendly and helpful - very clean, very comfortable

• 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff being rude, not polite.

Nothing. It was clean but the staff there was rude.

My room was very clean and the staff was friendly!
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were limited restaurants in the area.

I really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and the location of the hotel.

Enjoyable stay!!

Super friendly staff!!

Awesome staff

Awesome staff

Would stay there again. Staff was very courteous
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Windows over looking pool were very dirty

I loved the mattress& pillows & I slept like a baby.

Okay stay. Wish it were cheaper.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One rude staff member out of 3 encounters during a callback for a billing question.

Quiet, comfortable and clean.

Convenient location for where I work.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No hot water in shower, no fan to disperse humidity in Georgia.

Convenient location for where I work.

Clean and spacious room.

NA

Clean and spacious room. Clean and spacious bathroom and great shower.

Area
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air did not work in the Room n we told the people at the front desk

Area

Staff was very friendly and location was easy to get to from...

Random people walking in parking lot that made me question safety.

Staff was very friendly and location was easy to get to from interstate.

N/a

I liked everything

N/a

Bath tub.

Bath tub. Mother slipped and failed. No protection when stepped into tub. zIt wa too slippery.

Bedroom is great
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Person on front desk is not polite

Bedroom is great

Friendly, Clean, Great Hotel

Nothing. Great Staff

Friendliness of the front desk Conciers at checkin and checkout

Friendly people neat and cleaniess.
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly people neat and cleaniess.

The room was small would not accommodate me for a bigger...
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small would not accommodate me for a bigger room because I book through a website. I was willing to pay more

I shall return.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle runs only in a 2 mile radius.

Convenient to train station.

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The ceiling in the hall way had a stain

The lobby is very nice

I will still book in this location
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to the highway and I hear the traffic.

Service is amazing , very friendly and accommodating. Love it

The hotel was very nice a quite.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel did not offer free breakfast.

The hotel was very nice a quite. Their staff was very friendly as well.

A pleasant stay made better by the staff

Staff awesome

breakfast
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

breakfast

No complaints

Bed was comfortable

Great hotel to stay at
    • 2 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was nice and clean.
    • 1 Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was nice and clean. All the employees were super friendly and helpful.

No free breakfast

No free breakfast

Nice staff and clean

Browse DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta North Druid Hills/Emory Area traveller photo gallery