Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Northeast/Northlake 3 stars

4156 LaVista Road, Atlanta, GA 30084, USA

#113 of 226 hotels in Atlanta

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Anniversary weekend

Kept running out of cookies lol, everything was perfect

It was centrally located for the event I was attending the customer service and staff was beyond excellent with stay there again if ever in the area and what also refer my friends to DoubleTree

The bed was very comfortable.

Only thing that I did not like was having to pass through a group of people to get to the elevators from the pool. Apparently, there was a banquet of some sort going on. As we were wet, we had to say "excuse me" to go in between the people with their after five attire. But we still loved everything. Oh! The isn't a complimentary breakfast. Even though I am not a fan of the continental breakfast, it is nice to have that option.

The bed was very comfortable. It has actually made me begin looking for new mattresses. I didn't want to leave the bed. I loved the size of the television also. Some facilities have smaller televisions which takes from the entire experience. I also love how the microwave and refrigerator is hidden. Looking at the microwave and refrigerator is hideous....so I applaud you. I rarely stay at hotels, suites or condos are my first choice, but this hotel, I was impressed.

Do not plan to stay at this facility again.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Stayed three nights. Second morning we placed the DND tag on the door for 1/2 hr, yet housekeeping did not clean the room at all that day. The LED bulbs in the lamps flickered, which was disturbing and annoying. Why do you charge for WI-FI access? It's free everywhere else these days.

Everything!

I dont think there was anything I didnt like

Everything! The food, the staff, the facilities ---even though they were under construction everything was wonderful!

WiFi should be free no matter what.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

WiFi should be free no matter what. More parking in the front. Guests should be notify when they check in of any events being held in the hotel. Bathroom needs to be bigger and able to walk out onto the balcony.

The location is excellent on the NE side of Atlanta.

The hotel is in the middle of renovations. The staff were ok but not a Can-do attitude.

The location is excellent on the NE side of Atlanta. Very close to 285/85 interchange. The restaurant on site is excellent and very convenient.

I wasn’t aware that they had construction going on until we...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wasn’t aware that they had construction going on until we got there, so we really couldn’t sleep in. Besides the drilling and the banging at 9am the stay was great!!

The stay was wonderful its about a 20 minute drive into Atlanta but it was worth it. Definitely A+

The only dislike that I have is that when you ask about breakfast they say its 9.99 but thats only for the fruit bar. The entire breakfast is 14.99..

Everything about this hotel was lovely. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. The rooms were also great and clean. The beds were very comfortable. It is about a 20 minute drive into Atlanta, but that was worth it. You may get a little lost with the GPS if you put Atlanta as the city. It had me going out about another 7 minutes, but if you put Tucker, GA it will lead you directly to the hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I go back to Atlanta and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Thanks!

It was very nice and most of the staff was friendly and...

I guess I had an adjoining room with a couple. The man beat the woman all weekend from the time I checked in until the time I checked out. They both screamed and yelled. Housekeeping came and could hear the noise themselves but the man was never escorted out and the lady was never helped. I just think what I paid for my stay was a bit much considering the circumstances.

It was very nice and most of the staff was friendly and helpful.

The staff was excellent.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was excellent. Everyone was so polite. Sidon checked me in and out quick and she was full of life. I wish more hotels had staffs like her. I will definitely book this hotel again!!!

Stay was ok room was not what we requested.

We requested a king size bed room cause my husband is very tall to only get a room with two queen size beds. Tired to charge me twice for sec. deposite. Paid in cash not only to still have them take it off my credit card.

The breakfast was good. For the price of the rooms breakfast should be free.

Would stay again when in the area!!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Better lighting in room, the soft lights are okay but at least one brighter light by the mirrors.

The beds were comfortable and rooms were sound proof..very little noise from other guest. The cookies were amazing too!

No mini fridge in the room was a big negative.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

There was no mini-fridge in the room! I can’t tell you how many years, its been that long, that I had a room at a hotel that didn’t have a ‘fridge! Especially at that room price. Make sure you ask before you book there.

It’s ok but nothing fancy!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking area is horrible at night, it appears that construction is being done in the parking lot and that was cause for traffic clutter in the rear of the hotel. The room we had was old and outdated, I expected more out of a Hilton honors room.

I loved the cookies and check in was quick and easy.

Overall the stay was great and so was the location. Would definitely recommend this place. I
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was expecting a bit more hot food options and even an omelet station and grits and other comfort food for the price of the breakfast.

Mrs. Tracey was super friendly and accommodating! I had just gotten engaged and requested a balcony however the balcony was only for King Not Double beds. Mrs. Tracey stayed in contact with me the entire time before we checked in to ensure, we were able to receive the room with a balcony.

Do better!

ReaD the first comment

I booked a king-non smoking room I got a double bed with stains all over the lamp shade. Unprofessional lying ass staff and my experience wasnt that great.

The staff and rooms were above my expectations.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property is under construction.

The staff and rooms were above my expectations. The hotel is situated near everything you may need, Target, Walmart, highway access, etc.

Could have been better.

The stay at the hotel was very unpleasant. I had to move into another room because my TV didn't work and there was no hot water. The room that they moved me to was a little better, the TV worked but they forgot to put washcloths in the bathroom. I had to go back to the original room to get the washcloths that were in there because housekeeping wasn't available.

The location was convenient & very close to a lot of shopping areas to where I could have easily walked to the stores. The food at the restaurant in the hotel was pretty good.

It was just ok.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The location was awful. It was our 1st time in atlanta and the reviews said that it was a prime location..don't be fooled unless bestbuy is your ideal shopping place.

There's nothing bad that I can say but there's nothing extra special that I can rave about either. It was just ok for us! The hotel was clean, it had a bed,shower, Tv, free wifi and parking! The breakfast isn't free. And the restaurant that's affiliated said its serves breakfast but at 9am wasnt open.

Overall it was a pleasant stay!!

Toilet broke, stains on sheets, and housekeeping just made bed back up with dirty sheets!!

The staff and morning text messages to check on us was very good!

clean.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

parking is limited in front. and back had alot if loose stones. right near hwy so it was noisy at night cuz we had a end room.

clean. people were nice. overall great stay.

It was fair....

It wasn’t a microwave in the room are refrigerator such a inconvenience for the price .... I have stay in other place cheaper that had theses amenities

Exceptional hotel. Staff, value, cleanliness, breakfast was delicious

Bathroom was a little crowded, Had to close the bathroom door to exit the shower.

Bed was amazing , extremely comfortable. Room was spotless. Staff was excellent. Next time in Atlanta, this is where we will stay.

Nice and sweet
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

We were in a wheelchair accessible room, so we had to get use to everything being suited for a person in a wheelchair. Other than that, our stay was lovely.

Marlows tavern has pretty good food and the fact that they were attached to the hotel made it even better.

Not satisfied at all..

The bedsheets had red spots that looked like they were definitely blood spots.. I asked for them to change the sheets and they did.. I really wanted a different room but they didn't have any more king size rooms available.. the refrigerator wasn't cooling enough, the hot water wasn't hot enough.. and finally house keeping knocked on my door at 9am breaking my sleep, and then proceeded to open the room to see if someone was there.. Check out was at 12!!!! This hotel really needs attention in these small details that make a huge difference in the guest's experience. Very dissatisfied!

We felt genuinely important and thankful.

I couldn't stay longer.

Ms. Rachael and Ms. Tracie were professional, friendly and accommodating. I have some special needs that needed to be acknowledged with a request. Promptly and eagerly, these ladies responded. We felt genuinely important and thankful. Nice decor. Surroundings were always clean and pleasant.

Horrible first impression. I won't return.

rooms were not clean. when I arrived for check in my room smelled like a dirty nursing home, then I pulled the cover back and the sheets were STAINED/SOILED!!! I called front desk and they switched me to another room. This room had a mildewy shower curtain, and the water would only get warm in the shower. All I wanted was a hot shower in a clean room and to go to sleep!I called the front desk a seco d time asking for the shower curtain to be replaced, and they did. To add I suit to this injury, they charged me an extra 25 bucks for a security deposit. I have never had this happen at any other hotel. $145 bucks for this unpleasant stay!!

bed was comfortable

The hotel is tarnishing it's reputation by remaining open. Needs significant updates and repairs

The room was in poor condition took pictures of the room curtains appeared to have brown stains as on blood splatter and/or evidence if the presence of bed bugs.

That I checked out if this hotel and coordinated more suitable arrangements.

Staff was friendly, room was clean, location was great.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access and Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Bed was comfortable but really disliked the pillows and the size of the pillows. Had to ask for additional pillows to compensate.

Staff was friendly, room was clean, location was great.

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I really enjoyed the warm cookies they give you.

I didn’t like how booking.com gave me one price and then when it was time for me to check in, the hotel wanted like an extra $100 plus the security fee of $50.

The warm cookies and quietness.

Dirty ripped up headboards for $250??
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities left a lot to be desired. For the price I paid I would have expected the room to be actually clean and not damaged. Pieces of the ceiling were coming apart and had water stains. The headboard was ripped up and coming apart on both beds and the remote control for the tv was disgusting. The lobby is beautiful but the rooms do not match it at all. It was like I was in a totally different hotel. I was very disappointed in my stay.

The staff was friendly and Marlows tavern was great!

Very good experience. Will return in the future.

Parking availability was an issue when a special event was occurring Friday evening.

Clean room. Comfortable bed. Good location. Chocolate chip cookie is a nice touch.

hotel is clean, staff very helpful and courteous.

location is good for me, close to emory.. but its awkward to get to, i have to pass hotel and make a turn and go back just to get to the property. also no breakfast included

hotel is clean, staff very helpful and courteous.

Fair but partly cloudy
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was kind of falling apart. Both headboards were shredded and parts of the ceiling are stained and flaking and hanging down. The bathroom was hastily cleaned. The room wasnt nearly as nice as the pictures online or the facade of the lobby. For the money and the reputation of Doubletree we were disappointed.

The lobby is really nice and the staff was friendly. The tavern is great!!

Was running away from hurricane Irma - we live in South...

Was running away from hurricane Irma - we live in South Florida and went north till Atlanta - and when the storm arrived the hotel area the power outage was almost immediate: we couldn’t do or enjoy much but kindness by the hotel team and accomodations could definitely be better.

How helpful the staff was very friendly and eager to help...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

How helpful the staff was very friendly and eager to help you restaurants and food was excellent the staff in the restaurant with excellent as well

Worst stay of my life

No power. No hot water. No food. Fell down the stairs in the dark while leaving due to no help from the staff and hurt myself. NO REFUND after I have been promised several times I am going to be refunded. Staff was no help.

I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone.

I don't like having a handicapped room on any level other than the 1st floor - just for safety of the handicapped person. In case of an emergency such as a fire they wouldn't be able to get down to the 1st floor.

The entire stay was excellent. The rooms are very nice - comfortable beds - and the handicapped bathroom was very nice - just what we needed.

Good times for the location/value. The road noise can't be helped.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room temperature was too warm for us. We struggled getting the room cool enough to sleep. Our goal is 70 degrees. The bathroom did not have a vent that worked, so that the steam from the shower clouded up the mirror.

Front desk staff very kind and helpful. She defines customer service

Great place to stay friendly staff great food
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It took a long time to receive towels from housekeeping

The staff and the restaurant Marlow Tavern Sarah was the best bartender and server EVER! Me & my girls loved the Bahama mama

1st & last time !!!

The chipped & scratched furniture. Cut my finger on a metal piece sticking out of the lounge chair. Super small tv and cramped bathroom. To be attached to the Hilton, this hotel makes them look bad. Or maybe this location does that (Tucker,Ga). Last time I booked a room at the Hilton for $275/2nights and had a beautiful spacious room! I spent $200 for 1 night and felt like I was in a motel. Smh this was my birthday trip as well - DISAPPOINTED!

Welcoming cookies were good. Bed was comfy. Room had balcony.

Stay was good except for the lighting.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

the lighting in the rooms. They were very dark. There should have been at least one room, preferable the bathroom, that had ample/bright lighting. Don't try to save $ by using dark light bulbs.

the food at the Marlow's Tavern was great!

I was very Disappointed with the hotel.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room,the dogs making noise, the garbage truck making noise and the house keepers slapping the doors.

I was very Disappointed with the hotel. There were dogs everywhere, the garbage truck makes noise at 6am in the morning, plus the house keepers slams the door every morning when they are cleaning the rooms. My husband and I visit Georgia very often,but we will never stay a t his hotel again and I would not recommend it to anyone. We were very,very disappointed. I didn't like anything about the place.

Cleaning

It was cookies under the chair in the room .. I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't move the chair .. it was also some type of gadget under the tv stand .. so who ever cleans.. are not cleaning properly ..

It's okay but could have better staff.

I didn't like when I called and asked for a bowl I was told they don't have any I asked if I can be dropped off at the train station by the shuttle and was told that the shuttle only goes two miles from the hotel the staff wasn't friendly I felt like when I asked for a spoon or some napkins I was always told they didn't have any

There was a gentleman at the front named Andrew who was very helpful and giving me direction on where certain places are.

Overall, it was good and I would definitely return. Hopefully they will have cookies next time.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not have the use of a phone in my room. There was no phone cord plugged into the wall. Asked the front desk to rectify this but they never did during my stay. That was a bummer but I ended up using my cellular phone all the time to call my family staying in the same hotel. Also, I bragged about the cookies to my family (who never stayed in Doubletree before) but every time I went to the front desk to get one, they didn't have any. That was disappointing as well.

The bed was super comfy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Excellent for the money
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Bathrooms small. Pillows could be better and the sink in the bathroom drained kinda slow besides that everything else was great

The room was clean. We stayed for three nights. Quiet hotel,clean,lots of restaurants close to hotel.Rooms have balconies check in and out were very easy the staff was helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Room was extreme clean and loved tbe attached restaurant.

It was graduation weekend and they seemed to be understaffed. The check-in and check-out process took quite a bit of time.

Room was extreme clean and loved tbe attached restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Good hotel for the price

There was peeling fabric on the headboard and the tv was staticky but we didn't spend too much time in the room for it to matter. Housekeeping never brought us clean water glasses or fresh coffee cups. The hallways were really dark and cold, but otherwise that's it.

This was a nice hotel for the price. The decor is a bit outdated but everything was clean and the staff was extremely helpful. We were without a rental car for our first night there and the front desk staff allowed us to take the shuttle to the mall and to Target (both which are very close to the hotel). Whenever we called for extra towels or linens they brought them to us quickly. We didn't get an opportunity to have breakfast but it looked and smelled good from the lobby lol. Overall I'd stay here again.

Still need stay receipt.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Still trying to get a copy of my receipt for work purposes. Hotel is unable to provide and no response to email that I sent to booking.com customer support.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Short lived

THE PILLOWS ON THE BED WAS TERRIBLE. I HATED THE PILLOWS THEY WERE SO FLAT AND SMALL IT TOOK AWAY FROM THE COMFORT OF THE BED TO THE POINT I TOSSED AND TURNED ALL NIGHT.

THE ROOM WAS CLEAN.

My stay was very relaxing

I enjoyed everything

I prefer extra pillows in the room and preferably a cookie for each customer that stay. I also like the preference that they let customers have as far as what floor they prefer to stay

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Enjoying Atlanta

The front desk was not welcoming friendly at all. No smiles. In their defense they had a busy weekend.

The cleanliness of the hotel. The size of the room. The comfort of the hotel. And those warm cookies

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great stay at Double tree
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beakfast was good. Saidon and Rachel were 100%. I will be back soon!! Those cookies will get you in trouble. I loved that they were able to get me the room type that i needed.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Great and location perfect to visit Stone Mountain!

The hotel hosted two events on Saturday night. A wedding reception and some type of party. When we returned to the hotel, there was a bus taking up 7 spaces and the round about in the front was full of cars. We drove around 5 or 6 times but there were no spaces. Even the handicaps were full. We were told to park next door and come back out a few hours later. Fortunately, a space opened up on the 7th trip around the hotel.

Bed was great. Love their pillows. Seriously thought about trying to bring one home!!

Nice, but....

The non-refundable $75 deposit is ridiculous! What is the purpose of this fee? The faux leather was peeling off of the headboard. The bathroom was on the small side for the price of the room. My biggest issue was with room service. We ordered within the time frame and was told it would be 15 minutes. We never received any food or a courtesy call. Nothing! I don't understand how this happens. Upon check out, I was offered a cookie for my inconvenience.

The property was beautiful at night. The water feature in the lobby was pretty. I loved the bedding and the and the spacious room. All of the extra things that were provided like the shower cap were a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Sweet
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

One issue the maids need to know not to just walk in the room without verifying if guest are in the room.

Overall experience and friendly staff. Clean rooms, beds very comfortable, bathroom spotless. 😊

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great stay at Double Tree
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No comment. Loved everything.

Our stay was excellent after driving form Michigan to Atlanta. Staff was very friendly. Dante was our agent at the desk. Very well groomed and polite. Thank you for making our stay wonderful.

I didn't like that there was no microwave or mini fridge...

I didn't like that there was no microwave or mini fridge in the room and also, when I booked online I had an option to choose King or double beds. I chose King but got double. We were cramped all night.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

overall not to bad neside the card issue

Didn't like that they tried to charge the room to one of my cards and then hit another card without my permission!!And didn't receive the insidental fee of $50 back yet ,when they said you checkout it will go right back to your card!!

Good food with tavern within,PEOPLE were friendly,staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Nice hotel, poor location.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hated the location of the room, close to highway with highway noise. No fridge, no microwave in room. No breakfast included in price. Would have been nice if they at least had a fridge in the room. Put a hold on my debit card for $300 for 5 days.

Love the nice beds and pillows.

Rude staff and Rooms are nasty
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was so rude especially the front desk supervisor. They charged my card 3 times, and two of those charges were the incorrect prices after warning the lady who checked us in how to split the rooms because I ordered 2 for a family member. The carpets in the room are ripped and dingy. The walls, bathroom cabinets and door look so dirty and gross. Overall staff was rude and rooms are old and dirty.

The warm cookie you get when you check in.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Location is excellent.

Headboard was tore and balcony door didn't open.

Location is excellent. The hotel staff is wonderful. The room was spacious but the balcony door didn't open the whole reason we booked this hotel but still enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

MY BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE BY FAR...

There was nothing that I did not like...everything was excellent!!

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!! And this chain of hotels is now my top choice when I travel. Great job to the staff. I really appreciate everything you guys did to make this stay a great one for me.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

for loud noise and dirty bathrooms

My bathroom was nasty and needed some good rest and relaxation but too noisy from activities on that particular floor

The ladies a the front lobby were very friendly; however still could not accommodate us

I'm never disappointed when I stay at Double Tree.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Getting two cookies instead of one.

Yes, the bed was like a cloud! I always know what to expect when I stay at a Double Tree - comfortable bed and stay. I'm never disappointed.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

very dirty and stinky....never again

stunk like a dog kennel

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

I loved it and will be back

N-a

I loved the whole experience.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great breakfast!

I was not given Hilton Honors points because I booked through Booking.com

Breakfast was excellent.

The staff were very welcoming!

The staff were very welcoming!

It Was Very Relaxing Much Needed!

It Was Very Relaxing Much Needed!

My best friend turned 40 so we came to celebrate.

The small balcony but we made it work.

The room was great and the bed was very comfortable.

breakfast