Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Airport 3 stars

3400 Norman Berry Drive, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA

#175 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Our toilet did not work. When reported, they did nothing! Didn't even show up to check it out. We had a 2 yr old with us and had no toilet!! It made for a misserable stay!

The location and shuttle service was awesome!

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

I booked 2 queen bed and got 2 full beds. The shower didn’t drain, the toilet didn’t flush without us putting water in the back of the tank. There was not a mini fridge and I had to pay for parking.

Convenience to the airport.

• Superior Corner Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that we almost checked-In at 5pm. They also gave me a hard time for using booking.com to book the room.

The location being close to the airport was great. I also liked they had a shuttle.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We were informed when booking that the hotel was 1.6 miles from airport and there was a free shuttle. It wasn't mentioned that for international flights 2 shuttles are needed. We asked for a room with a bath rather than a shower when we booked the room. One initially wasn't available and were eventually given a disabled room with a very shallow bath

Lovely bedroom. Very helpful staff

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing that i didn’t like was I couldn’t turn my air conditioner off or down because it was extremely cold to me in that room. But it wasn’t a big deal i just wrapped up in the covers.

I’m really enjoyed my stay , it was nice , quiet , and comfortable just as i was looking for.

Staff / Lack of professionalism

The staff was not professional at all. They charged more than expected and still I do not have an answer after almost 1 month. This is frustrating and embarrassing for a Doubletree By Hilton Facility

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast service. Needs a world of improvement to get to acceptable, let alone good. Room was good for comfort, but had zero in the way of convenience for charger ports for laptop, phones. No refrigerator. Everything else was ok. The breakfast service was laughably poor, and I'm an extremely forgiving guest. Tables were completely full of dirty dishes, I expected a lot more hustle.

The room was fine for comfort. Food was acceptable at breakfast. Good job on the breakfast area.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

YOUR RECEPTIONIST COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO HELP ME CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. ALL SHE WOULD SAY IS: "YOU NEED TO COME DOWN TO THE FRONT DESK." AFTER A 15 HOUR TRIP, AND HAVING TAKEN A SHOWER AND CHANGED INTO MY PJ'S, THE LAST THING I WANTED WAS TO GO TO THE FRONT DESK. YOUR INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONNECTING TO INTERNET FOR HILTON HONORS MEMBERS ARE VERY CONFUSING AND INACCURATE. ALSO, THE RUGS WERE OLD.

THE ROOM WAS BIG

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff could have acted more friendly and caring.

Great room, we rearranged the stand up lamp to be near the little table and chair provided so that we could have light on that side of the room. The staff was courteous but I would not go as far as to say they were friendly. They did what they needed to do proficiently but definitely no smiles from the crew. It was cold and miserable outside, so maybe that affected the moods.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I left two days early and was charged the entire fee up front. I called to advise I was checking out early and wanted to pay with a different method over the phone. Receptionist advised it was not an option. Asked for my total and receptionist advised that she was not able to give total over the phone. It took two more calls and a week and a half for the funds to be refunded to my card.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Water takes too long to get hot. Better variety of channels on tv. Ice machine on our floor out of order. Had to go up to next floor for ice. Provide more cups

Room spacious and clean. Bathroom clean. Walk in shower. Bed very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Free wifi.

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

I did not stay long enough to find fault

The meal I had was excellent as was the service in the restaurant I was sad to leave so soon as the pool looked very inviting.

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

Bathtub retained water while showering, housekeeper did not always clean room when requested and when she did it was usually very late in to the evening, Jacuzzi appeared to be neglected and unclean

Friendly, knowledgeable staff, Location

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

From Saturday early afternoon until Sunday evening there was no running water in the hotel due to a water main break. There was no alternative to shower. The host at the restaurant was unavailable to for a takeout order and I had to find another staff member to assist. No one cleaned my room on Sunday and I left on Monday.

The bed was comfortable. The floor I was on was quiet. The hamburgers were delicious. Due to the water main break I didn't have to pay for one day of my hotel stay.

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

We had to pay for parking

The staff did their best to make us comfortable even though there was no water from Saturday night due to a main water break.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Above. The location is great for departing for flights as the parking and the fee is very in line with other parking for extended time. Ease on and off the interstate then shuttle to the airport is one of the best.

The hotel was great....the issue for our one night before departing to the Caribbean for a week was terrible. NOT the hotel faulty BUT the City of Atlanta. Had NO water for the entire time there. The hotel did give a 50% discount when I asked....as many others were doing and demanding the same. So...could shave, shower, brush teeth ..except with bottle water. Hotel tried to accommodate but not much they could do or provide to guests. All bathrooms rooms were in bad need of cleaning as one could guest. Odor was getting strong....just glad we were in and out for only one night.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Creamer in room was rancid. Coffee bar in lobby was not working, advised to go to restaurant. Inconvenient and clearly disruptive for restaurant staff. Coffee bar very expensive. 4 dollars for basic cup of coffee. No cookies upon arrival=) Provided later upon request.

Helpful staff. Comfortable bed and quiet room. Secure parking lot. Great food in restaurant.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact that they charged $10 per day to park.

The hotel was great and I enjoyed my stay. One thing that should be noted when booking is you will have to pay $10 each day for parking at the hotel.

• Non-Smoking Superior King Corner Room

The room had a patch up hole in the wall the front desk receptionist lied about having another room available there were no microwave or refrigerator in the room & no breakfast hot or cold I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here

The bed was comfortable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property was centrally located to all our activities. It was easy access to the major highways. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The price point was excellent and I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

So I had a good experience for the most part until I spoke with Kevin at the front desk, who I had asked repeatedly (3 times in three-hour intervals) for a "Do Not Disturb" sign, which I finally received at the end of the day. But the real issue I have is how I was spoken to: the third and final time I requested the sign, he rudely stated, " Do you want me to put it in your hand?" in a very persnickety tone and explained that someone will leave it on the door. I couldn't believe my ears. I am appalled at the poor lack of attentiveness and customer care this person had and frankly, I don't feel he should be in this line of work.

The bed was like a cloud and most of the staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a standard hotel room but was clean and had everything we needed.

The hotel had a unique vibe but the best part was the staff. They were extremely friendly and helpful. We had just got in on a late flight and were starving. Not only did we get welcomed with fresh hot cookies but they recommended a local pizza place that delivered and was delicious. We waited for the pizza to arrive in the bar and the bartender was really friendly and made delicious drinks. Overall cool vibe and cooler people!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We dropped our bags off at 10am since we arrived early. They we kept behind/beside the front desk. When we returned at 8 pm a small bag was missing from my carry on purse. This bag contained medications needed by myself and my husband. Front staff did not seem concerned, to me it was a "he said she said" deal and there was nothing that could be done. Do not leave your bags unattended!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower being directly by the toilet, the entrance should've been on the opposite end I think .

The entire hotel was nice and clean. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful with making sure we had everything we needed during our stay! I will recommend this hotel to friends and family also I would book again soon😀

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

My sink was broke and the water would not drain. Informed housekeeping who CLEANED my room but did not notify maintenance. The breakfast was not included there is a $10.95 charge. Hilton Rewards member very disappointed!! 😞

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a mix up with my reservation, there was a lot of what seemed to me unnecessary confusion and I'm still waiting on an issue to be resolved where my card was charged twice

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was undergoing renovations so the lobby/bar/dining area wasn't ideal. Also the pool was closed. I had several hours to kill there after my trip and had been looking forward to sitting by the pool with my book and maybe a cocktail. There was no outdoor area at all to use. I was referred to a sister hotel a five minute walk away but that's not really the same thing.

The rooms were very roomy, comfortable and clean. The barman was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like that it cost 10$ night to park. The shower didn't drain and the staff was not very friendly.

I like that it was close to restraints and Interstate

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

1. room was missing a shower curtain 2. lobby under construction 3. ice maker leaking all over the 3rd floor and no one attending to it or warning sign placed. 4. old musty rooms 5. $11 for breakfast when most hotels are offering some form of free breakfast. 6. $10 a day for uncovered parking in the parking lot!?! Why have a parking lot if not for the free use of guests. That is unabashed soaking of your clients! Very disappointed and WILL NOT return. I am seriously considering using up my points and jumping over to Marriott. I travel a lot for business and have been consistently disappointed with Hilton for the last 6 months.

Everything was good.

The cookies😊

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower bench didn't look too sturdy to hold me. I weigh 335 lbs. But I did love the open shower

The handicap room was very spacious.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was definitely like a cloud

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Far away from things unless you have a car

The staff was amazing

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

The staff was not professional in any way I have contacted corporate to contact the regional manager

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

My room was awesome.

Dead bugs in bathroom

• Non-Smoking Superior King Corner Room

No microwave in the room

The bed was very comfortable

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

You had to pay for parking and thin walls.

Clean room , free cookies from the front desk and very comfortable bed.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My first rooms was not clean

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking and the price of the room

The hospitality of the employees and the cleanliness of the hotel

Everything was great.

The staff was extremely helpful and informative.

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

Bed was too soft. Not a water glass to be found! Otherwise just a regular motel/hotel room.

Airport shuttle driver was very helpful.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff went the extra mile for us!!

Everything was awesome

Everything was great

No mini fridge in room

The tub drained slowly.

Complimentary cookies

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Had to pay for parking

Close to the airport very convenient if going to Atlanta airport

Everything.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I loved the bars and food was delicious!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The overated price and hiddin prices for parking breakfast and etc

Check-in comfort room

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I like everything about my stay.

The freeway noise

Beautifully decorated and appointed. Loved the airport shuttle. Also loved having a restaurant onsite.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Arrrived at 3 pm finally was assigned a room at 430pm........Staff apparently was not prepared for a large womans conference group.

Breakfast wasn't included

The beds are everything 😍

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I loved the excellent service and comfy room!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Superior King Corner Room

No refrigerator or microwave in room. Did not get a complimentary meal ticket.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A little hard finding entrance trees etc blocked view

Front desk were very helpful with an issue I created.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Clean facility. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Still had some small cosmetic touch ups to improve on.

The staff was very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room - Hearing Accessibile/Non-Smoking

No bag for ice container. No refrigerator or microwave. No free breakfast.

Cookies

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

paid parking

easy access from I85 even during rush hour, fast wi-fi

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff, expenses, it's a money pit

The bed

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Buffet breakfast wasn't the best. Especially for the price.

Close to airport. Very clean. Great value.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Booked for 99 and after taxes and 5 hotel fee we ended up paying 129.00. I know it's only $30, but we Felt deceived.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk personnel not friendly or engaging

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

I didn't like the fact my parking was not included plus I had to pay for breakfast. That's a lot I had coming from my account. I just feel as if I could of stayed somewhere nicer and got more out of it

The bed was great

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

I was waiting to be checked in and the front desk receptionist acted as if she did not see me, until after five minutes of me waiting. When she finally assigned a room, there was no refrigerator or microwave inside as requested. The bed was also uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

I wish we had been told there was construction going on, it was horrible, the noise the smell, the dirt!! There was no maid service until the third day!!! We had to ask for towels!! My wife cried the first night until she finally went to sleep. This was kind of a little honeymoon for us because we didn't have one when we got married!!

Cynthia was great! The Bellman/Drivers were very helpful, courteous and helped us to find what we needed.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Under construction, but not too great an inconvenience since they made sure to be done by 5 pm. Need to be able to avoid the valet parking all together if you won't be using that service

The COOKIES!!!! Staff was friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

We waited very long for the shuttle to arrive at the national airport to take us to the hotel. Would have been good with a shuttle from the international airport instead of having to take two different ones.

We were given a room, which was already occupied - as a compensation we were given free breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Sheets weren't that clean, bathroom wasn't that clean, there was a pubic hair on top of the tissue box. Also the window faces a lot of lights outside and the shutters didn't close. Pillows were extra small...

Wifi worked well, staff was courteous.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

The bed sheets had stains on them (whitish and disgusting), so we had to sleep on top of the blankets; also air conditioning filters looked quite dirty and dusty

Very big and comfortable room; very close to the airport (free shuttle bus every 30 min); fast check-in

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.