Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Austin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

6505 IH-35 North, Austin, TX 78752-4346, United States of America

#66 of 193 hotels in Austin

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Stay here not there.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The fire alarm went off at 11pm on my floor so we had to go down the stairs and walk around to the front only to learn someone set off the alarm accidentally.

Very nice. Right across from Pappadauex restaurant. Clean and comfy. Originally i booked the red roof in down the street. It was disgusting. Smelled like moldy water in the room. Don't go to two hotels. Just go to the double tree. It's worth it.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Check your bed first
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The sheets on both beds were dirty. I reported the issue at 9am. My sheets were not changed until after 4poll m.

Textures Restaurant has really good food.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

The location was great, I was attending a conference at this...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wish I didn't have to pay for parking. I'm already paying a good amount to stay there, it would have been great if parking was included, not extra.

The location was great, I was attending a conference at this hotel, so it worked out. The food served was good.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Average

The check in was terrible, did not feel welcomed at all. Staff looked lost . Not professional at all ,didn’t even smile. the only good thing was the cookies they gave me .

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

overall I had a nice time there and my son enjoyed the pool.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The light switch in the bathroom wouldn't stay on had to hold it down for a little bit and I wished I would have known about me getting charged for the parking garage..I thought that was included..

I loved the softness of the beds and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

It was generally very nice.

There were people in the hot tub at midnight that were noisy and my room was on the inside courtyard. Next time I'll ask for an outer room.

Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was fantastic!

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

The room was clean and comfy but mediocre at best.

I was using the text feature and asked for 3 pillows since they were pretty flat. I got 2 but I dealt. I tried to use the text feature the next day to ask a question and they never responded. I also didn’t like the complicated parking situation and that I had to pay extra for parking when it’s not like the hotel is even down town. We had WIFI issues there too. It was during SXSW so our neighboring rooms were crazy loud but no one shut it down. Paying 150 a night isn’t the same as staying at a fleabag motel so that was a problem.

The front desk staff was nice, room and clean and decor was quirky but interesting, making it not look like a Boring chain.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Austin nice, hotel meh. Stayed at better hiltons
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

-unexpected parking fees -security from garage access = door never seemed to be fully closed on second floor from garage, not needing key to access - photos online of rooms didn’t match actual appearance - only furniture - layout of furniture didn’t make sense. Tv didn’t face bed. There was a cable that went from the desk to the adjacent wall that crossed the path to window = trip hazard - no fan in bathroom - TP holder falling off wall -TV Sucked! Even after we had engineering reset it, remote was finicky and failed to work half the time - LOUD room. Two of four walls were thin enough to here everyone walking by in hallway and at pool - even though we requested higher located room for quiet location. Second floor still loud

Bed, water pressure in shower, easy access from highway, free check-in cookie

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

I can’t stay there again since it is only valet.. You can’t park on your own.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

That my sunglasses that I trustingly left in my car were stolen by valet and my car was scratched in their garage... And they have yettt to do anything about it!

The room and cookies

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Convenient but very noisy rooms.

We got one of the rooms what hadn't been remodeled yet and it definitely was not nice. The biggest problem is that rooms that face the inner courtyard open to a balcony that wraps around the entire hotel. This was our second time staying at this hotel and both times we've been woken up by rowdy guests running around and making a raucous, this time at 3am and both in the interior hallways and the courtyard.

Hotel is convenient but not super centrally located. It's just a few miles north of downtown, so accessible but not in the middle of all the noise. There are still great restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Short, but restaurant was delicious Sven was so great! Very helpful and nice! I would come back!!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Valet services were not great when we arrived, staffing issue. The man who helped us as we left was very good!

King suite was very spacious, beautiful view from the connecting balcony.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Would definitley return if in the area

it is a bit tough coming of the highway and having to cross all lanes to access property. Having said this it could have been the way my GPS routed me.

the centre courtyard and pool were amazing

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

had a great time. would definitely stay again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

nothing. it was safe, clean. the art in the common areas was very interesting.

we loved the bedding, of course. the room was very clean. I took the green option. we ate at the restaurant 3 times in 2 days. we loved it. the breakfast was to die for. loved the eggs benedict. property was nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

we were so busy catching up with each other we didn't...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability

we were so busy catching up with each other we didn't much attention to the facility. Was a great place for conversation with good food across the side street.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

OK
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was ok for the size but HATED!!!!!LITERALLY HATE for a KING SIZE STE. there are TWO ROOMS (ADJOINING ROOMS) where you hve to go thru one door and unlock it and come back thru the other room to unlock it to even use it and the adjoining room is set up like a meeting room or something with this huge table at the top of the room..HORRIBLE.. also for the king size suite the bed was a queen size AND it SAGS IN THE MIDDLE AND IT WAS NOT A KING SIZE BED!!! the area where the vending machine and ice was located was DIRTY !!!

the lobby and the cookies..

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

We were greeted by a friendly staff, however, the hotel itself is old and rooms smelled bad. Toilet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled bad. Building is old. Toilet paper holder in bathroom was broken. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone to repair, but no one ever came to repair it.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

First and last time to stay here.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Undisclosed parking fee until check-in. No room service. If you wanted coffee or food you had to pick it up yourself and bring to your room. AND there was a 20 plus percent charge for this. Breakfast buffet charge was $17 and we've had better complementary breakfasts at other hotels.

Everything was great.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. The people were very kind and helped in anyway the could. I will stay there again. Next time I will bring my children with me. They will love the court yard and pool. It was walking distance to several great restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Hotel and staff were okay.

The AC was very loud and did not really cool the room. The real problem was a wedding party that got out of hand and went swimming around 11 PM while we were trying to sleep. We had to call the front desk to get them to shut the party down. However, the party just moved out of the pool and into the adjacent patio. We had to call the front desk a second time 45 minutes later to get them under control once again as they continued yelling. The staff was courteous but it should never have gotten to that point.

Hotel and staff were okay. Good rate for the night and easy driving to downtown.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Very comfortable, one-night stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room was located next to a common passageway door. It didn't keep us awake, but it could be heard closing from time to time, and passersby would consequently knock off our doorknob sign.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge. Although we didn't have time to use it, the pool looked very nice and was the focus of their central atrium.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Staff was awesome, there was a problem through booking.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was awesome, there was a problem through booking.com and they were extremely accommodating even finding us a room at a lower rate than the website quoted, along with free appetizers while we waited for the issue to be resolved

• Reviewed: May 21, 2017

Room available

The layout of the facility was a bit confusing - courtyard in the middle and having to go in an open walkway to get to our room.

They had rooms during the very busy graduation weekend.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

They did not staff up for valet.

They did not staff up for valet. Upon arrival, no one was there to take of keys for our car, had to wait about 15 minutes. The next day it was the same scenario when we came back from the festival, so this wasn't a one off deal. The front desk said the valet guy was upstairs retrieving a cart??? It wasn't the guy's fault they had him multitasking, instead of manning his valet station.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Didn't sleep all night

I didn't sleep the entire night. The halls were filled with people laughing and talking loudly and slamming doors all night long. I downloaded a white noise app on my phone to try and help me sleep. It couldn't drown out the noise. The people sounded like they were drunk, so I didn't want to open my door and ask them to stop. I didn't call the front desk because I just kept hoping it would stop and I could fall asleep. I wish I would have now. I didn't feel particularly safe there.

It was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

The Hotel is old and has been remodeled but you can tell,...

The Hotel is old and has been remodeled but you can tell, Elevators were dirty and painted over, Garage entrance to the hotel was like a back alley and dirty. Paying for parking for that area was not justified.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2017

Friendly staff, musty room.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled awful - very musty. After I tried drinking the tap water, I found out why. The pipes must be very old, because the water tasted very musty and moldy - just like the room overall smelled. One of our "clean" towels also had mysterious brown stains all over it.

The front desk staff was friendly enough.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2016

Excellent all around.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I do not have any dislikes. Great hotel.

The staff was WONDERFUL! So helpful and friendly. The location was fantastic for what I needed to accomplish during my trip. The restaurant across the way was delicious!

• Reviewed: November 5, 2016

4 night stay for ACL
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Some towels had small permanent stains. Other than that, the rooms were clean. Also, the towel hanger should be closer to the shower.

The hotel is beautiful. It is an old building that has been remodeled inside with a modern decor. The rooms are spacious.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

Decent place. Unhelpful staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was in a decent location, and right on the interstate, which is convenient. The staff were so unhelpful, though. The Valet told me to ask him for a cab when I was ready, but when I called down there, they told me to call the front desk and ask for one. When I did, they said a cab would be at the hotel in 10-15 minutes. 45 minutes later, my cab was not there, and the staff did not help me at all, saying there was nothing they could do. "Sometimes they wait, sometimes they leave" they told me. I ended up driving myself, so I wouldn't be late to my work event. The next morning, I tried to call for room service to get breakfast, and no one ever answered. They did give me a cookie at check-in, though, that was nice.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

Nice convenient hotel

there are three Doubletree's in and around this place. make sure you have the right one!

a regular hotel for a business/leisure traveler. nothing special about this property. they have a small pool and a restaurant. yet it's convenient if you have work or places to visit within the surroundings.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

It is all a big lie!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability

I was over charged for the room when I checked out and they are not refunding me as of this date. The pool never had towels. The hot tub was colder than the pool. We reserved two queen beds and received two full beds. We could hear all the people outside our room. We were told there was breakfast available and it was Starbucks. The shower worked half the time and did NOT drain. Your feet took a bath while you took a shower and it took forever to drain. Left a huge soap ring that housekeeping didn't even touch. Not what we were looking for. I was told at check in that you had to pay a one time fee to park my car. I was charged daily plus taxes just to park. There was no where else to park so no alternative. The workout room had equipment that half was not working. It was small and smelled. When we left I asked for a receipt and they said they were going green. I had to ask for a receipt. I looked it over and asked about the higher room rate and extra charges and they said I would have to call back to have it fixed and no one is returning my calls or emails regarding being over charged. This location was suppose to be by SEU and it is not. It is by the airport. I feel like I was taken advantage of by both Booking.com as well as the DoubleTree. I won't be back to this location or hotel chain. Not worth the hassle. We booked our next time in Austin at another hotel! The comment card in the room was from another guest and never picked up. They had horrible complaints and complained that they did not get what they reserved too. A big lie was their title! So it is mine too!

• Reviewed: August 25, 2016

Will definitely stay here again. Liked that it was right off the highway and close to UT.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability

Had to pay for parking as a quest in the garage.

Hotel was very quiet. Loved the warm cookies on arrival & departure. Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the bar and pool.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

The direct tv with hbo channels in the room

How expensive water or a candy bar was, how you can hear someones conversation next door to you, how small the pool was

The direct tv with hbo channels in the room

• Reviewed: August 8, 2016

would not stay again.

overall: my front desk person never asked me if I wanted to join any "club" since the person checking in next to me was using her "club" membership or whatever you want to call it and her front desk person was thanking her for her business....I'm not saying I would want to join the "club" but I always think it is somewhat rude when you are talking with one customer about a membership and never offer the next customer any deal for lack of a better word. although I never shed a tear over it, I always think hmmm...what made them not want me to share in benefits...? the bed was horrible. like you have sunk in to an old mattress. the noise on the floor was ridiculous. doors slamming shut after 1:00 a.m. and extremely loud walking on the patio right by our door. I know these are things you really cannot control but still it was very disturbing. you cannot hear the television for the "fan" running. it was hot in the room and never could get that adjusted. we probably got to our room around or a bit after 9:30 p.m.

location was fine.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Great stay

Nothing...would stay there again without hesitation.

Great room, clean and everything worked in the room as it should. Enjoyed breakfast. We noticed from the parking lot that a lot of people were staying there although there were not any problems with managing the high occupancy.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

staff veey friendly and rooms veey clean and nice

staff veey friendly and rooms veey clean and nice

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

I will be back when I want a more luxury feel of a hotel.

Of course there's going to be noice if your room is by the pool. I believe that's why there was noice.

The service and cleanliness

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Lack of room service

Lack of room service

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Unique decor and excellent, reasonably priced breakfast...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Unique decor and excellent, reasonably priced breakfast buffet. Wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Horrible

Worst service ever

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Comfortable, all our needs were met...... except for the receptionist.

Poor reception on arrival at hotel...... Receptionist very grumpy, poor customer service considering her role?

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Old hotel but still being maintained.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Lift too archaic. Rugs on 3rd floor is smells.

Old hotel but still being maintained.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Everything in the room was good

The hot tub wasn’t hot! It was luke warm🙄

Everything in the room was good

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

N/a

N/a

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Nice but parking was expensive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability

I didn't like having to pay for parking.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

No breakfast

No breakfast

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Comfy beds

Comfy beds

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Definitely the chocolate chip cookie.

Definitely the chocolate chip cookie.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

SMALL GET AWAY

QUITE AN VERY NICE

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

The room had a balcony, which had a view of the pool and...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a balcony, which had a view of the pool and courtyard!

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Excellent for a rest after travelling
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Good restaurants nearby Excellent Breakfast Really Great Staff

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Would recommend to a friend and would come back myself!

Location, staff and overall fantastic

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

It was a nice hotel, great value for your money.

I wish the location was closer to downtown

The room was well decorated.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

only stay over night

only stay over night no breakfest or fitness

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

A great stay at a great hotel and thanks to the staff for making my stay so great
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The great staff you have a the hotel made me feel very welcome for my stay and I would recommend to any one

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Relaxing

My view from the room. Corner room. Seriously was not a big deal. Everything else was great

Bar and restaurant in Hotel was awesome sauce

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

The view was very nice

The view was very nice

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Great Stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Quiet room, next door to great restaurants, close to business meeting site, easy auto entry and exit.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Expensive breakfast

Expensive breakfast

Great pillows
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No complementary breakfast and room humid

Great pillows

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

You have to pay to park on the premises per night rate

You have to pay to park on the premises per night rate

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

Bed was like sleeping on a cloud very comfortable!

Bed was like sleeping on a cloud very comfortable!!

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Made for a relaxing getaway

No complaints

Great location with easy access to I35, room was comfy and spacious with a pretty courtyard and pool view

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

Staff was great.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was great. Hotel is beautiful

• Reviewed: May 10, 2017

Good, clea.

No free breakfast

The view

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

Parking is to darn expensive and next door at the embassy suites its free?? WRONG!!

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Great stay in Austin

The traffic

Everything was very nice

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Parking--did not expect to pay for parking or my guests...

Parking--did not expect to pay for parking or my guests having to pay for parking

• Reviewed: March 21, 2017

SXSW

Had to leave to early.

Right next door to my favorite restaurant Pappadeaux

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

Very nice hotel!

Waffles

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Bed is too soft.

Bed is too soft. One day missed to clean my room.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Cleanliness and professional staff
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Amount of towels in the room.

Cleanliness and professional staff

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

The location of the hotel was close to the places i needed...

The location of the hotel was close to the places i needed to go.