Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda - Washington D.C. 3 stars

8120 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA

#5 of 10 hotels in Bethesda

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Check out process, I booked 2 nights but we have s change of schedule so we checked out 1 day early. We should be given refund and should just pay 1 night since we only stayed for one night. But the front desk said they could not give me refund bec I booked it thru booking.com. They should be able to modify and call booking.com. Customer service is by far the worse I’ve encountered. There is no free Bfast and no free coffee at the lobby.

Close to my son’s condo.

I didn't like how our room was situated with the neighboring room. Our neighbors were very loud at 3 am and me and my husband couldnt sleep. Wasnt a fan of the parking. When we arrived the parking was full and we had to park across the street. Plus I don't understand why you have to pay to park at a facility you are already paying to stay at.

Bed was very comfortable and I loved that check out wasn't until noon. Room was very clean and staff was friendly.

Parking attendants could have been more helpful and polite. There was no one to greet us upon arrival and it’d be nice if they spoke English.

The bar and restaurant were great. Food was very good and reasonably priced and daily happy hours were a plus. Staff was helpful and nice. The room was fine, clean and comfortable. I was very happy with our whole stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The place was a mess they charged extra than what was on the final bill, I was given a key to someone else’s room, the bathroom sink kept leaking water to the ground I almost slipped and fell.

The chocolate cookie you receive when you first check in.

This hotel is outdated. The breakfast is of the poorest quality. I could not eat it. Every hotel, coffee shop has free wifi, but this hotel wants to make money out of people by charging them for wifi. Parking is free at other hotels, but again, this hotel decided to charge $25 a day for parking. I regret my decision to stay at this hotel. The whole experience was unpleasant.

There was nothing wrong with the property. A perfect location.

it was easy to get to and at the edge of downtown Bethesda. It had easy access to food, night life, transportation, etc.

nothing not to like

Room had a balcony. Desk person was very attentive and professional. It was an older gentlemen, i did not catch his name but he deserves a raise.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location not the greatest (a little further from restaurants, etc.); no complimentary breakfast; a little over-priced

Friendly staff, convenient parking

The shuttle had inconvenient hours, so we almost always had to walk to and from the metro station...which can be tiring after a long day of being a tourist.

The location in relation to the metro was pretty good; about an 11 min walk. They had free luggage storage. The room was very nice.

Parking garage needs better exit signing.

Took my Grandson on a short trip, to see Washington DC. Both of us enjoyed our trip. The Hotel was very nice, rooms were comfy. Short distance to the Metro although the Hotel provides a shuttle. We will be going back for Summer vacation and will most certainly stay at the Double Tree!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

They didn’t have breakfast included but the prices for the restaurant weren’t too bad

I love how fast check in was, the comfortable beds, and the location

Great place. No complaints at all. Parking is actually $14, though Booking says $10. If you tell them Booking said $10 they will honor the $10.

Most places have a free breakfeast Everything extra with no morning coffee and parking was 14 dollars With booking.com it was 10 bucks with early check in and late checkout at 2pm Believe me they made up for it in that way In all fairness the room was only 99 with tax and parking 123.00 Hard to beat for a late reservation on a weekend Kudos to booking.com

Room was great Comfy beds great tv and bacony overlooking bethesda We were on 14th floor Premeium cable with several channels of hbo Did not feel like a big hotel but a botique experience Was having a romantic getaway with my girlfriend and they delivered big time

Charged $14 a day for parking but given free parking pass. No garbage bags in room garbages. Really hesitant on providing extra towels and wash cloths. Charged an extra $100 after room was paid in full prior to arriving. Continuous noise from garage right under room.

Comfortable beds. Heat in room worked great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

- poor house keeping service - we were arranged to a room for person with wheel chair, which was fine, but I wished they could inform us when we check in - our room wasn’t cleaned after the first night - no toothbrush, which is hard to believe

The bed was comfortable, and nice coffee machine in each room

Parking was a hassle and the staff weren’t the friendliest. Our room smelled like cigarettes too. If we weren’t only in the area for just one night I would’ve switched hotels the rest of my stay. It’s definitely overpriced for what you get.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

A desk lamp would be helpful. Also, at times the staff tries a little too hard to be friendly and helpful.

Great bed, great shower, fast wifi. Very friendly helpful staff

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access

not the most comfortable beds but adequate. Did not have complimentary coffee available in the lobby - only coffee in rooms, which was not that good.

awesome gym facilities, warm cookies on arrival

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Got the incoming credit card charged two days prior of leaving which included the $50 fee extra each night. Talked to the front desk and were told that it will be deducted from the final bill.

The staff at the restaurant went out of her way on the last day of our stay. The restaurant did not open until 7 am on Sunday but she greeted and let us in. Went to the kitchen and asked the chef to cook breakfast for us so that we can catch our early flight on time! Way to go!! :D

I didnt like the itchy gross covers on my bed, I didnt like that I received room keys for a room that was not ready, I didnt like I had to switch rooms at 2 am.

Although I've visited before and was pleased, this time was not my same experience it ended with me speaking to the manager and the valet parker losing my car keys for about 4 mins. All of which I could have done without including visiting this hotel. I will not be returning ever.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access

I called to book a taxi for pickup the following morning at 9am. That reservation was not recorded and the staff at the desk knew nothing about the reservation.

no vallet price given. a man said oh are u checking in ? that comes with vallet and next i know i was charges for valet. i parked accross the street the followimg day

Not applicable

Clean, comfortable with very friendly staff. Restaurants within walking distance with good tasting food. Hotel restaurant with good food.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Room

Elevator décor was pretty crazy Elevator got stuck twice with me in it Electrical Outlets did not work in the room. Shower was super slippery and my child slipped and fell Refrigerator did not work

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was dated, dark and Bathroom dark as well.. parking was valet ONLY @ $23.00 a day - Fitness center opens @6:00 and was small, tight -

Staff was accommodating as well as they could

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only the weather on Sunday night! ha,ha.

Beds were not all that great, but we really enjoyed our meals. The children really got their fill at breakfast buffets. Thanks so much.

Wish I could have gone sooner to be able to take advantage of the roof top pool.

Close to the metro and easy walking distance to lots of food. Easy to get to and to get back to the highway to leave.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Early check-in was requested and they would not promise anything until the day of which is obviously too late for planning purposes. Valet parking is too expensive but to be expected in the metro area.

The hotel is in Bethesda so it is going to be expensive but given the competition, this was priced fairly. The hotel as a whole seemed to be a bit 'tired' but the beds were extraordinarily comfortable (must have been recently replaced) and it was very clean. The room was also quite spacious. 12 minute walk from the metro station "Bethesda".

Water pressure and heat were sporadic in the shower, but manageable.

Perfect location for walking to the NIH campus. Room was quiet, comfortable, and clean. Staff were helpful. Warm cookie at check-in!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the false advertisement depicted on the website to the property. Listed on Booking.com it states you can pay cash at property, arrived at the property, after calling multiple times during the day to check the policy (which they stated they would validate cash but did not at check-in) The property overcharged our card incorrectly would not validate the cash payment until after check out. Causing money to be seating in the universe until 3-5 days later. Unbelievable!! The property caused some many billing problems, but did not offer to fix the issue. The manager was unhelpful and unaccommodating, suggested I loan my friend money to help get through the weekend for money being tied up. The property is very dated, drury like, needs updating. The beds are comfortable. As well as the shower water is scortching hot, and leaves the fire alarm beeping there after. No working ventilation system. Breakfast is 18.99 not Complimentary as advised. Parking 12 a day auto bill to card on file. There is a public parking garage nearby, free Friday after 10pm through the weekend. Spend the extra to avoid the headaches.

Loved the location of the property to Washington DC, hotel is literally minutes away for DC by Car 20 -25 minutes. The City Bethesda has a lot to offer from, easy nearby banking, luxury shopping, and awesome Dinning. As you can see I loved the area.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No free breakfast, Starbucks stand not open 24/7 closes to early!!! us business people drink coffee all day long and like to be able to buy it anytime, cookie is the BEST!!! do I get some cookies filling out survey?

Staff was pleasant and accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pillows were not fresh, but the staff brought fresh pillowcases. Mini-fridge did not work.

Warm cookies, friendly staff, comfortable bed, adjustable shower head.

The hotel needs updating. Everything is old. The layout of the bathroom was weird and the hallway on our floor was gloomy and had an old stintch. Although I had "do not disturb" on my door the cleaning team made all kinds of noises directly outside of our room at 8am-slamming doors and doing whatever else they were doing. I understand they had rooms to clean but they should be mindful of those who were still resting.

The cookies

• Non-Smoking Deluxe King Room

I was berated and penalized by the hotel for booking through Booking.com. The check-in staff was rude and self-righteous.

This was an adequate but not inspired hotel. It is an old property with a facelift, but little more.

Bed was okay, room was small, coffee maker was sometime troublesome, only one wastebasket, making it difficult to use for refuse & bathroom needsx. Only one chair when there were two of us and room for another, had to call and ask for another chair.

The in-building eating options are outrageously expensive.

Great location for foodies. Lots of different kinds of restaurants within walking distance. Also the cookies are a very nice (and tasty) touch.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not much. Maybe liquid soap instead of bar...?

There was valet parking and a FREE lot across the street- free parking on the street. Plus! The lobby and staff greeted us like old friends, quickly checked us in and gave us water and a cookie. We arrived late, but did not feel like we got the last room in the place. The lobby was nicely decorated, with a tucked away lobby and cafe. Starbucks coffee is in the lobby, in case you do not want to make your own -room coffee. The room was spacious, clean and cozy. Beds were encased with a zippered bug-proof cover- which is important to me. The bed was comfortable and room had a pleasant view. The hotel was about thirty minutes from DC and maybe 5 minutes from expressway.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Starbucks in the lobby was great, the desk people are fantastic and very helpful. If you are going to be at the NIH campus this is a great place to stay. The transport is long, but nothing to do about that part.

Rooms need to be thoroughly cleaned and inspected

The room was dirty and they upgraded me to a room even worse. The roof had small cracks indicating possible leakage and water damage. Bathroom was filthy. Masking tape was holding lamp shade together

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

breakfast buffet was overpriced for the selections . . . the toilet kept running (leaking); the water tank kept filling. overpriced for hotel parking (parked off site and walked back to the hotel.

The room had plenty of space with good amenities ( tv channel choices, good picture, ref, micro., etc. Good fitness room and swimming pool.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I booked because I was waiting on my apt to be ready for me to move. My apt was ready on Sat morning and said that they could not waive the Sat night because I booked with booking .Com. the front seat personnel said that if I would of booked directly with them they would of waived Sat. That did not make me happy to pay for the extra night I did not use.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would like to have pet there. No extra toilet paper was left. Hope that was an oversight, not a policy. Would have like more coffee pods left in the room.

Bed was good. Don't know about food, didn't try. Were not there long enough to really tell very much.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

- N/A- it was spectacular.......

This property was OUTSTANDING, and the staff was incredible. They let us keep our car parked at the garage, and kept our belongings in the office, while we caught the METRO to the ZOO. Best experience with HILTON I have ever had. WILL BE BACK!!!!!!

The staff, the hotel charged my card 4 diff time for all unauthorized transactions and was not supposed to. Took almost 300 dollare and I had to wait for the money to go back to my account....my stay was terrible.

The balcony was suitable.

my tub and toilet were clogged, wasn't aware of the street parking. The actual website had all the correct information but booking.com had wrong information

the staff were great, understanding and always had a smile

I called ahead to make sure on age of check in because I am younger. They originally said it was fine of my age and when I got there they were not going to allow me to check in but then I talked to the manager and it was allowed but that made me very mad that I specifically checked ahead of tjme

I didnt get the room that I paid for which was a one bed king. I was given a two bed small full. Not a queen (bad advertisement) The toilet runs none stop after flushing. POOR showerhead spray. Other than that we made the best of it.

It was clean and quiet. The Staff was very kind. Great cookies after check in and check out.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The food and atmospheres treated us as so called rednecks

I work im the food industry. The eggs were undercooked and my son whom ate them has been sick for days.

Light didn't work upon entry of room. Other outlets were insufficient for needs. Only waste basket was in the bathroom in an odd spot. Showerhead in the bathroom ran water on the floor. It was hard to adjust. Although it stated free WIFI they charged me a business fee to connect to the Internet.

Hotel provided me with free breakfast on my last morning after I told them everything that was wrong with my room.

The 3 elevators are sometimes not enough for all the customers and staff. There's no fan working and the window cannot be open, so there's no chance for ventilation of the room.

Very clean and comfortable room. Good for sleep and desk work. Less than 10 minutes walk from the station. The total quality of the hotel is much better than what I paid.

My husband got stuck in the elevator, as well as some other people. I believe $30 for breakfast per person is too much for what they were given. Free parking is across the street but it gets full.

We love everything, from getting greeted at the door to checking out. The staff is super friendly, we loved the waitresses our favorite was Nour, such a beautiful person.

It was difficult to get around with a toddler and luggage. No one offered to help with luggage while i parked the car. Nor was there enough room to load and unload your car if multiple car where unloaded at the same time.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access

Double Tree coded my reservation wrong and charged my credit card 2 weeks before I stayed. Booking.com said, "If you would like a refund you will need to pay the hotel upon arrival, however the refund may take up to 15 business days to arrive in your account". Valet parking. I was in and out a lot and it was annoying getting my car.

The property was conveniently located to all my advents.

Check in was poorly handled as well 3 disgunctionsl elevstors meant waiting forever in the lobby to reach your room.

Parking attendants were quite friendly and pro

• Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

People at the desk a little bit rude. Far from downtown but easy access by metro

We got a room for four people and it was big enough and with good views and balcony

the parking ... and you shouldn't have to pay for parking at a hotel.

it was a nice place a remodeled but a bit dated. People were friendly and did whatever they could for us. The parking lot was full so we could not use the Hotel lot but the staff did tell us about the public parking area ... It was close by but still not something people should deal with after a long trip into the DC area. Other than that it was a nice place.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

That you have to pay for the wifi

There was a Server name Nour, she was the best. So nice and friendly amazing customer service and the food was great. Ohhhhhhh and the cookie at the front desk 😜👌🏽👌🏽

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

What didn't I like...hmmmmm....the fact that I could not be refunded the one night I didn't stay although I booked a non refundable room. Lol.

Hotel was ok. Stayed only 2 night instead of 3 as originally planned.

House keeping forgot to clean our room during our stay. Valet was extremely slow parking and bringing out car. They actually ended up bringing my husband and I another persons car! The elevators were also extremely slow.

The front desk staff was very friendly!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only one garbage can in the room, in the bathroom. Coffee-maker produced small black flakes of something *not* coffee into water heated for tea. Shampoo and body lotion provided, but no conditioner.

The mattresses were comfortable and the sheets lovely. Great water pressure.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I always book with free wifi and at check in they wanted to charge me for it. This hotel is a bit away from the main sights of Washington DC

Breakfast was good and staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Paid for wi-fi is should not be charged in a hotel of this quality. Room rate rather high.

Very friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Nice, well equipped room and bathroom

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

AC unit sounded like a jet engine each time it went on - had to go without; safe did not work; mold on shower ceiling due to no fan

Staff was very welcoming

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

On Saturday morning I could smell someone smoking cannabis. I don't know if it was the room under or the room beside. That was very unpleasant

The hospitality

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The curtain in the bath did not prevent water from getting to the flour of the bathroom. Availability of hot water, for taking a shower, was quite poor. The air condition unit in the room was too noisy to be operated at night or during the stay in the room. Not availability of shoe polish.

The help of the staff.

Room Maintenance issues although small was resolved by the Hotel GM

We met the Director of Operations by him introducing himself at the Lobby. We told him we had a few room issues upon arrival. It wasnt long before he actioned all our necessary requests. A Genuine Old School GM, you dont get hands on anymore.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Wish the hotel offered pay per view family movies.

Perfect hotel for my first trip to Washington DC with my daughter who is 6. We had so much fun and the staff was amazing!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It was Awesome

I booked this property for the price and was blown away by how nice it was and how convenient it was to get to all of the DC attractions via the metro. Staff was so nice to my daughter and i. I highly recommend anyone visiting Washington DC to book this property.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Surprised at how nice the hotel was. Hallways are dated and worn but public area and rooms were very comfortable, clean and attractive. T However more than that, the staff was fantastic. From the front desk to the food service; to the valet's and to the housekeeping people. They were all so lovely. Polite and helpful. Highly recommend. Great group of professionals.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The bed and pillows were so uncomfortable that I barely slept. I've stayed in a lot of hotels, and even cheaper hotels like Motel 6 have more comfortable beds and pillows.

The room was nice, the staff were friendly, the free cookie at check it was awesome, and the noon check out was nice.

We had one big problem. When we checked in, it seems that there was something wrong with the hotel's guest information system. The result was that that the system did not recognize that we were there, with the result that our phone and wi-fi did not work and the next day's room cleaning was missed. There was confusion in correcting the problem, but eventually it all got fixed and we got a good break on our room charges. So, it all worked out well in the end.

Location is not far from the Metro and is very close to where my son's family lives, so that was great! The overall hotel was of a high standard, including room, service, etc.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Parking is expensive - no options. Price for room is now more than double from first time stayed here a few weeks ago. Explanation given is the time of year.

Staff is friendly, room was clean. Given water and cookies at check in, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

We loved the cookies, but we wish there was a no nuts option. Also utensils would have been nice with the room service.

The complimentary crib in the room was so consider and getting it was a breeze.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Day I arrived everyone in line in front of me received a bag with goodies . No one offer me anything I found that wired .

Actually restaurant food was outstanding

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel and all areas appeared to be very clean.

Great restaurant. Comfortable, beautiful room. Nice TV with an excellent picture and access to good selection of cable channels