Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Boston/Bedford Glen 3 stars

44 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Bedford

Value far exceeds the cost!

My only complaint is that the glass drink ware was dirty and the lights on the mirror in the bathroom were dusty. The floor boards and around the back of the toilet were also a little dirty. The hair dryer seriously needs to be updated, they don't work well.

I had the best nights sleep. The staff was extremely friendly. This is our 2nd visit to this location and we plan to come for a night every year on our annual trip to Massachusetts.

Booking please update your communication information about...

Booking please update your communication information about this hotel as they aren't updated The room was really nice, lots of space and clean. Many good facilities (basket ball ground with swimming pool)

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Checking in and out was very easy.

Wet bath tub and floor tiles were very slippery. The in room coffee and creamer was not good.

Checking in and out was very easy. The warm cookies were good.

Ok

They didn’t specify that the free shuttle was on a 5 Mille radio; they don’t offer a shuttle to the airport either.

Perfectly clean and comfortable room.

quiet, comfortable and relaxing

Everything was perfect we loved everything

I could not find any problem with this hotel everything was excellent from the staff to the facilities. Room was perfect, comfortable and clean. Even though it is half and hour from the city we didn't mind because they had just about all we needed to make it a great weekend in the hotel. There is also a shuttle service to bring you places around the area for example the mall and the cinema. Great experience will definitely recommend anyone looking for a quiet relaxing time to visit this hotel. Oh don't forget to take the cookie offered upon arrival it is extremely great!! also there is a pub across the street more like a sports bar I would say with the number of Tvs they have, just a cool place for a couple beers.

Stay at this hotel! You won't be disappointed!

n/a

The staff and accommodations were beyond our expectations! We had spent the day in Boston and were staying overnight to tour Bentley University. It was so nice to drive up to such a nice hotel after a long drive and day in the city. My teenagers enjoyed the pool and if it were a little earlier in the day probably would have played some tennis as well. We didn't use the health club, but it was really nice with state of the art equipment. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Most everything .
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No Television Channel Line-Up in our Room. The one we got from the Registration Desk was Inaccurate! No Boston Red Sox Channel. (NESN) More drinking glasses needed. $4.00 for a small bag of Swedish Fish Candy was a bit much,

Most everything ......

This hotel is very depressing and overpriced.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Do NOT stay here - that is my advice. The rooms are VERY VERY OLD... Air conditioners are on the way out... makes tons of noise and do not work well. The whole place is old and depressing inside. It is way over priced for old beds, old AC, old carpet, and it's not well kept. And to make it even worse the hotel is so spread out that it can take you twenty mins to walk to your room from the front desk. Oh and if you need to use their ATM machine, they charge you $4 per transaction - outrageous. All in all.. AVOID THIS HOTEL.

There is nothing to like here...

Great Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If I was being picky, we had to pay by card. Back in Scotland we get hit by charges every time we use our card overseas, so imagine the cost if every hotel took this stance! Hotel we would pay anything from £5-£10 British pound. Substantial amount for 16 hotels.

So after 3500 miles, we were just about at the end of our stay in America having come over from Scotland. We decided on a two day stop here at this hotel. Staff were friendly, the Hotel was huge, only plus side was you could drive your car to within a short area of your room rather than walk the great long corridors. It had a swimming Pool, fitness centre and overall was a pleasant hotel for our last stay before heading down to Providence to catch our flight back to Edinburgh. Location was good also, not far from Boston, and close by to Gloucester and Rockport which are must see places if you are in this area.

Nice quiet hotel but can use a make over for modernization.

The bar / restaurant in the evening was poor. Not cosy or comfortable as I know from the DoubleTree in Amsterdam. The hotel is aged and could use an upgrade.

I had a nice large room with a comfortable bed. The hotel is very quiet, so you can sleep without disturbance. The room is clean. The staff at breakfast is very nice and service minded.

Only issue was the toilet would drain but not flush.

Only issue was the toilet would drain but not flush. To be fair sense we were only there one night I only called the desk when we were checking out and they were willing to send someone right up to fix it

My stay at DoubleTree was excellent.

A microwave in the room would have been nice.i had to go all the way to the reception desk to heat up my food.

Everything was perfect. The bed was comfortable. I enjoy dining at the restaurant.

Awful. Wouldn’t stay here again.
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Service was horrible. Pool was a country mile from rooms. Ordered French Bread Pizza for room service (because the food from Hotel restaurant was gross & kids wouldn’t eat it) and brought two pieces of toast with red sauce & a slab of cheese on it. Disgusting and cost $28.

Very decent hotel, good breakfast, nice rooms, comfy bed,...

There is not much to complain about this hotel, except for its magnitude. My room was far away from the entrance, restaurant and bar and with the carpet in the hallways, walking with your suitcase is quite a hassle. But that's really the only downside!

Very decent hotel, good breakfast, nice rooms, comfy bed, excellent fitness room.

cookies are the best.

wish housekeeping replaced my shower cap.

Carlos from the Sora restaurant is a very nice guy. Very welcoming which is something you appreciate first thing in the morning!

Our trip to Salem at the Double Tree Hilton in Bedford Glenn
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

There really wasn't much to dis like . Maybe to have a restaurant on premises would be helpful. We arrived late and there wasn't much as of food. Room service. Also this survey wants an awful lot of information. Make it shorter..

Very clean, and nicely landscaped . Rooms were clean ,beds were like big fluffy clouds.

I loved that for a very affordable price I got a very...

I loved that for a very affordable price I got a very lurious room! I also loved that the bed was so comfortable that I got the best nights sleep I’ve gotten in ages and I’m seven months pregnant!! The coffee was excellent as well as the staff and everything else was perfect!

Wonderful Fall Getaway!

The location is isolated but it’s so beautiful. I was there during fall foliage and the views surrounding the hotel were magnificent. Upon arrival we felt as if we were home ! We got cookies upon check in and a map of the facilities because it can get a bit confusing. There was a wedding going on at the time and the lovely woman who checked us in made sure our room was far from it and it was perfect. Room was cozy and comfy. Got a king size room came with refrigerator and safe which was great! Beds were so comfortable didn’t want to get out of bed at all! Fresh sheets and a ton of pillows! We had one issue with the bathroom and they send somebody within 5 minutes and got it fixed ! This hotel is also 30 minutes away from Salem so it was really great traffic was light and a lot of food options in the surrounding are. Overall amazing stay well worth the price wish we would have started out trip out here but we will definitely be back.

Quiet, clean, wooded location.

Quiet naturalistic setting. Nice landscaping outside of room. The architectural layout helps keep it quiet, but some rooms require a long walk from main lobby and this might be a problem for obese or old people.

NICE FOR THIS WEEKEND BUT WE WILL NOT BE BACK.

THE BED SEEMED TO BE A BIT SMALLER THAN A NORMAL KING. I WAS NOT RECOGNIZED AS A HILTON HONORS MEMBER UNTIL I MENTIONED IT. PARKING AND DOORS INTO THE HOTEL WERE VERY FAR FROM OUR ROOM.

THE HOTEL WAS IN A LOCATION WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH.

Amazing hotel.

Amazing hotel. We had difficulty finding a good hotel at a reasonable price in Boston but the Double Tree by Hilton Boston/Bedford had the solution. Stunning location, immaculately clean spacious room, excellent customer service - for a very reasonable tariff. Would stay again.

Very helpful staff, awesome warm cookies, and water at the Front Desk. Shuffle bus helpful perk!

My credit card was charged twice. I should have taken a printout of my receipt instead of having it e-mail. I would stay at this property again. because the Hotel correct the problem and credit my account.

Bed was very comfortable and sheets clean. The bathroom was clean and love the extra amenities.

Hotel quiet and comfortable!

The AC in the room wasn't working so well. The humidity was high that day.

Quiet bedroom and all over the hotel even with the party going on at the ballroom.

Blah

first floor....blah parking/blah.....parties, banquets....had to park allllllllthe wayyyyy at the ennndddd in the corner no frig/no micro shower/blah

Decent

Free Wi-Fi and a option to pay for it. For the amount paid for the room I believe it either should be already added to the total or free (period) Wi-Fi is free everywhere.

The bed and TV.

Excellent Place!

I liked everything. Nothing was bad

Room was excellent! I loved that delicious cookies were given to us at check in. That was a great treat! I also liked that there was a place I could fill my water bottles, with filtered water. Great place!!

OK STAY

Parking was inconvenient very long haul to your room.It was nice to have a restaurant but the prices were a litle high. Room service items too expensive .Complimentry breakfast would have been nice as the buffet was a little pricey. Coffee in the room was very good but only allowed one cup per person. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were tiny and way undersized for a King bed flat as a pancake.. Room could have been a little cleaner smudges on the mirror,large hand prints on the bathroom door from what we dont want to know. Very visible stain on the carpet made you wonder what it was.Also little flys in the room looked like fruit flys but not sure.

We did like the location, and got a good deal on the room through Booking.com. Facilities had some nice features like indoor pool,gym and restaurant on the premises. Lobby was very welcoming and Staff were very nice. Rooms were average but for the price we paid value was good.

Adequate
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like the fact that pool and exercise facility were closed for refurbishment. Would have been nice to know that was the case prior to booking. When you have a 12 year old that likes to swim and the pool is closed, it was a pretty big let down.

The room was very nice, especially the bathroom and was very clean.

Very nice, but let the buyer beware

I did not appreciate the fact that the hotel took a deposit, at time of booking, of over $600.00. My account was charged additionally for the cost of the room reservation, so my account was charged over $900.00 for this reservation. Nowhere in the confirmation did it indicate that the deposit was going to be this much! Obviously, the $604.00 pending charge was reversed after a couple of days, but the hotel insisted that it was Booking.com that charged my account. When I checked in, again my account was charged over $100.00 for "incidentals" (not sure what these would have been...) A little more information ahead of time would have been appreciated!

The housekeeping staff was particularly friendly; the room was very clean and comfortable. The pool (after a long trek from the front desk, due to poor directions from the front desk staff) was very nice, too. The wait staff in the dining room was also very accommodating and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Overall a good stay

We went down to the bar to get a few drinks and the way the bartender treated us made us feel very uncomfortable. She didn't want to make us drinks, after we showed her our ID's. I'm 23, my partner is 22, and we felt uncomfortable after that, but we stayed at the bar anyways.

The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel overall was very nice.

Very good meal in the restaurant.

At check in the clerk was not friendly. There was no rable, lamp or power outlet on one side of bed. No microwave. Workout room was closed.

Very good meal in the restaurant.

• King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Pillows were small squares....not standard size pillow, made for a somewhat uncomfortable sleep.

Location. Property was close to relatives we were visiting in suburbs of Boston. Room was very clean.

Wonderful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't care for the pizza restaurant and food options were a bit limited in comparison to other hotels and thought the hotel store could have been bigger/ carry more items, but I would book here again anytime, I loved that my room was very clean and staff were extremely friendly!!!!!

The grounds are beautiful and there are a lot of great views and tables to sit outside and enjoy nature. Loved the work out room area it was super cold which made working out a breeze!!! The ac in the room worked great and our room was very clean. The bathroom was big and had a lot of room. I loved the coffee station as well. Beds were awesome. It was a great location to many area attractions! The attractions were amazing, especially Walden pond and Minute Men park!

Would come back to this hotel!

Great location for us and not difficult for us to travel to family. Very Comfortable stay! Great breakfast, menu or buffet. Very helpful staff and very pleasant

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Vacation in boston

Arrived a little late but the staff was very friendly! Cookies were nice and warm and yummy! Softest bed ive ever slept in! Room smelled wonderful when we entered. My son said that was his favorite pool! It was a wonderful stay all together! Very beautiful place.

convenient if you're traveling by car

breakfast isn't included (but restaurant on the premises) The surroundings are uninspiring: mall land near a highway exit. But on a quiet side street. Huge, somewhat impersonal sprawling complex with many rooms. It looks like it's frequently used for business conventions. Would be pricey but this was a special.

Convenient from highways. Clean, comfortable, well-thought-out, new furnishings. Basically what's becoming the standard for upscale suburban business travelers' motels. Nice service (complimentary cookie on check-in). Very good mattress. Good wifi.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Don't stay here if you can only walk short distances

Much too long a walk from registration desk and restaurant to room. My handicapped wife was literally in tears by the time we reached the room

Location close relative to meeting place. Easy access.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Good value and good staff

Issue with the checkout room rate different from what I reserved but it was resolved quickly by good Booking.com customer service.

The room rate we got from booking.com is great! Service staff were great on getting what we needed.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

the room is large and comfy
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

the hotel is extremely big. the room i was given happened to be more than 5 minutes walk from the lobby. if you have a lot of luggage, unlucky for you. the staff actually gives you a map of the hotel to show you how far you need to walk to your room

the room is large and comfy

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

A comfortable 3 days

tv selections; food options at the hotel

Comfortable, clean, quiet, big room. Located close to Lexington and Concord. Accessible to highways leading to virtually all locations is northeastern Massachusetts.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

New favorite in greater Somerville area

The absence of a guest accessible egress at the end of the building really threw us. We stays in room 3150. It felt a bit like being inside a rabbit warren, turning a lot of corners & walking a long way to the car park.

Clean, comfortable room with the perfect hot shower. Courteous, helpful, good natured staff all around. Room service was fast & dinner arrived hot & delicious. Nice carafe of coffee, available 24 hours. What's not to like?

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Comfy bed, room.

Fire alarm kept going off in the morning - free wifi went out in the morning too.

Comfy bed, room. Great food and drinks at Sora!

Excellent choice

Very friendly staff. Great choice of breakfast. Very comfortable bed and spacious rooms. Modern property.

Excellent and relaxing

Tennis court, pool, gym

Overall appearance and friendly staff

Clean!

Clean!, free parking, helpful/kind staff, nice area

The cookie

The room was very far

The cookie

Great staff

Food

Great staff

Clean, convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean, convenient. Excellent location. Price.

Great place to stay!

Style, non suburban location. Quietness, very clean, near historic sites.

Lovely stay

Warm cookies

Confusing layout.

Confusing layout.

Very nice outdoor surroundings

No exceptions for check in at 3 pm only

Very nice outdoor surroundings

Close to my client office

It is very large and only 3 floors - so I needed to walk quite a very long distance to my room every time - around 400m ...

Close to my client office

Everything was great

No laundry

No laundry

I was very happy with the service

Everyone was very friendly

Everything was great all staff was pleasant

Fan in bathroom ran all night

Everything was great all staff was pleasant

Cookies

Staff was excellent, especially Saul and Carlos.

Staff was excellent, especially Saul and Carlos. Thanks for the great service

No breakfast included.

No breakfast included. Response from hotel staff was:”no, because you made the reservation with booking”

Bed a bit too soft for me.
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Bed a bit too soft for me.

My stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing, except my room was very far from the pool-nothing major!

It was very clean, and lots of room.

The bed and breakfast

The broken glass frame in the bathroom.

The bed and breakfast

Superb place to stay in

No breakfast So unfair

Everything was good Service Ambiance And even food

Very pleasant stay

Nothing really

Friendly greeting and very pleasant staff. The restaurant was very good

Guests in adjacent room very loud and crude after 11 PM.

Guests in adjacent room very loud and crude after 11 PM. Called front desk and they responded quickly and efficiently.

Great place to stay!!!

There breakfast was great and the bed was very Comfortable.

Not worth the extravagant amount of money

Too cold and first night could not figure out how to turn the heat up. Pillows too large and caused neck and shoulder pain.

Clean and loved the pool.

Beautiful but be prepared to walk

Building is a made. Alot of walking

Beautiful setting luxurious rooms great pool

Management.

Management.

Long walk to lobby

I would come back

Good value for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Long walk to our room. It is a one story hotel.

Very nice room, AC worked great.

Good value for the money, quiet location, excellent service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good value for the money, quiet location, excellent service.

we did not stay very small rooms and beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we did not stay very small rooms and beds.