Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Bradley International Airport 3 stars

#6 of 14 hotels in Windsor Locks

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Clean Convenient to the airport & Good restaurant
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I accidentally booked the wrong night at a non-refundable rate. Booking.com along with DoubleTree allowed me to change my reservation at no cost. Thank you

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Best place to stay in the area at a very reasonable price!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were no cookies at checkin and I was really looking forward to having one after a long day.

Such a comfortable bed and soft sheets! Great water pressure in shower and Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries are a fantastic product! No outside noise and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Not memorable. It was close to the airport--the only real plus.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

The room was brown and drab. The check-in person was very efficient and fast talking -- called me "Hon." She could use some coaching in how to welcome a guest.

The gentleman who drove me to the airport the morning of October 1st at 4 A.M. was the nicest person I dealt with during my stay. He was friendly, helpful, and kind. He made a very average stay end on a wonderful note.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I will not stay at that particular hotel ever again!

The front desk staff (AJ) was very rude and abrupt. I booked two rooms but didn't realize one was under my sisters name. I offered to show them the confirmation on booking.com and AJ simply replied "well regardless we are full". i had to call booking.com and have them call to correct this issue. I am a Hilton Honors member and bounce between Hilton and Marriott...this experience was less than satisfying.

All's well that ends well!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Booking.com's Melissa saved the day after they initially dropped the ball (i.e., failed to secure initial reservation). Nevertheless, all went well, and Booking.com is lucky to have an associate like Melissa.

$100 discount

The server at breakfast was so kind to my pre-teenage boys,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

My only complaints, the bed was not at all comfortable and the room only had one towel upon arrival.

The server at breakfast was so kind to my pre-teenage boys, assisting them in making their own waffles. Also, while I had difficulty with the "business center", the front desk went above and beyond to assist me in making sure I was able to print tickets for Six Flags meal tickets.

Extremely disappointing experience. Bad way to start a mini vacation. Tainted the rest of the trip.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I made reservations weeks ahead for 3 nights and a king bed. The room that I had reserved was not available when my wife and I arrived at 9:30 p.m. after an 11 hour drive. I was told it was first come first serve corporate policy. I was told next day that if we wanted to ensure getting a king bed that we needed to book through Double Tree directly and not through a third party booking company. Therefore, we found different accommodations elsewhere for nights two and three. In the future I will not book through your company or any other booking service. To make matters worse Double Tree held $850 on my credit card that was finally released after 5 day’s.

Clean and modern room. Good breakfast.

Stylish, nice, pool, fitness center, restaurant, cookie
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The woman that welcomed us wasn’t very friendly. We had a pull out couch and it had no sheet and our phone in the room didn’t work so we couldn’t get any and when we did request them the ONE pillow they brought was dirty. No fan in the bathroom. No way to order breakfast cause again phone didn’t work. For how nice double trees are and their reputation, this one was not my favo

Stylish, nice, pool, fitness center, restaurant, cookie

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

TV was okay.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

I can't remember the exact deficiencies, but they were numerous including a cramped bathroom, a toilet holder that didn't work among others.

TV was okay.

Disappointing.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was very shocked as we typically are Hilton customers wherever we go. The hotel was not well kept, no thoroughly cleaned room, lots of necessary fixes and updates needed. Things were dusty and overused. The fitness room was deplorable. Half of the equipment was broken, no sanitary wipes, cups everywhere. The restaurant was decent but not great and the pool also left a lot to be desired.

The best parts of this hotel were the staff-hands down and the cookies......

My “go to” choice for parking and convenient, comfortable, stress free airport arrivals.

Pillows are small for a king size bed but those were comfortable. We requested 2 extras, should have asked for 3 pillows each. For those with very early am departures, fresh fruit or muffins/ bagels at the coffee station or elsewhere would be appreciated, especially for those who would otherwise be getting a complimentary breakfast. Many people see this as a perk, but I don’t feel it is sanitary to have a coffee machine in the rooms. People may refill the water with a used coffee cup to make a second cup, leaving it unsanitary for the unknowing next guest.

Hotel recently renovated. Bed was veeeery comfortable. Clean, comfortable, convenient, with polite staff, and hopefully secure parking continues. We will find out when we return after 11 days! However, in the past we have had no problems at all. Never had breakfast there as we have had very early departures, but coffee is always ready, even at 4 or 5 am. Dinner in the restaurant was reasonably priced and good. As honors members we each received complimentary water bottles which was a nice perk. Plus, the hot chocolate chip cookie to share was a treat! The shuttle to and from the airport has typically been punctual and efficient. It was very convenient having the BDL flights status screen right in the lobby which kept us easily informed without needing to go online.

There was no jacuzzi.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There was no jacuzzi. The pool was extremely small! Up until 10 p.m. it was packed with small children screaming, jumping and splashing wildly all over the little pool. There was no room at all to swim. We purposely booked the hotel due to having a pool to take a swim after Six Flags. My 13 year old daughter and friend couldn’t move around or swim and got right out, disappointedly. I didn’t even bother trying as there was no room for adults to swim or relax. I told the desk twice and they do not have a policy for hours of after 9 for adults.

Very disappointed! Had to go to a different hotel that met our needs as a family with 2 young kids
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was broken and nobody told us the three times I called prior to checking in. They gave us the wrong room three times. I booked a king bed with sleeper pull out couch, they gave us a room without a couch twice . Wont be back here again.

Coffee maker wasnt cleaned properly.

Coffee maker wasnt cleaned properly. Smelled horrible couldnt brew coffee by the time we got downstairs complimentary coffee was being removed, so we werent able to enjoy our morning coffee

Great stay near the airport. Great staff. Clean updated rooms.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was very nice and very helpful. We arrived in our room in December with cold air blasting and they sent someone right away and fixed it. Nice and toasty all night. Shuttle service at 4am was upbeat and very helpful. Airport was a few minutes away.

The motel stay overall was great and definitely would go again and would recommend to friends.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clean sheets and pillows however no blankets or comforter on bed and famous cookies were out. Also no mini Frig in room

Very friendly staff, and very clean rooms and building overall.

Location in same place as meeting.
    • Double Room - Disability Access with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

in room 330 one of the electrical outlet plug was inoperative, and the other worked but had no cover plate. Also when you opened the window, tobacco smoke blew in forcing me to close it due to my asthma.

Location in same place as meeting.

There was no refrigerator to keep our food from spoiling.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no refrigerator to keep our food from spoiling. The ice machine on our floor did not work and had to make mulitiple trips to get enough ice to fill the sink to keep our food cold. Also I reserved the room for three people, assuming two in the bed the other on the pullout and the pullout was not made up.

It was a very pleasant place to stay,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Since I often travel with a friend and and my adult daughter with special needs,it would be nice to have a room option with three beds even if one or more were twin beds.

The staff throughout the hotel was caring and professional,especially Sala at the front desk, and Mandy our server in the restaurant. Fitness center and pool were nicely maintained. Overall very pretty and clean.

Great place, near the airport and rental cars. Very comfortable.

I could hear the neighbors opening and closing drawers and doors, but, that's pretty common everywhere.

Bed was comfy, shower was awesome! I wish I could have stayed longer.

Front desk was accommodating when I called to report the air...

Room Doors stuck, had to slam it to shut it bathroom toilet needs multiple flushes, air conditioning didn't work in some rooms, soda machine didn't work - wouldn't take coins

Front desk was accommodating when I called to report the air wasn't working- she moved me to a different room immediately.

For $110 a night, fine.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hallway to my room smelled of cigarette smoke. Disgusting!

I booked the room for a little over $100 a night and for that price I thought it was fine but wouldn't pay a penny more.

Only stayed one night, overall good experience, just needed a few tweaks.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

No type of breakfast was included :-( , and the tub drain was super slow - that's it.

Only stayed one night for the Night Run in Hartford, but overall nice staff, clean room, comfortable beds, and nice layout of the room. Cookies were a nice bonus! :-)

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

We enjoyed our stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

No breakfast included as most other hotels provide in recent years. We bought 2 very overpriced cracker packages so we would not be flying on an empty stomach.

Very clean hotel with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Poor
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It took 4 attempts to get us into are room We arrived at 1am and wanted to get to sleep asap but lost 30 minutes trying to get us into are room The key system was not working and key cards would not open the door Plus no one at front desk when we arrived, causing more waiting

Not much

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Hotel needs to do better
    • King Room - Disability Access Tub /Non-Smoking

Fact that I had no cold running water in bathroom , and the shower didn't work. Leaving the following morning and only got 5 hours of sleep an no hot shower makes for a very unsatisfied guest

Front desk tried to assist with issues and problems I encountered

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Staff great but details to traveler missing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

We really wanted to eat in the hotel restaurant but the bar and dining area was WAY too noisy with music that was not pleasant on top of that for weary travelers or those who want to have a simple conversation...it was too unpleasant. In the morning we had to listen to unpleasant news on the TV that was so loud from the next room while we ate our breakfast. It is not nice to eat eggs listening to news about a horrible murder or other such thing. Either quiet or some "general" soft music might be much better. Also, after we ate in the lobby area they cleaned the dishes but did not wipe the table and it was still dirty in the AM. Lobby bathrooms were dusty and unclean feeling. Room did not have a promised refrigerator ( we did not say anything at the time). Heating unit was loud as well. Were not offered the cookie, though that is a gimmick to us. More attention to the "little details" would make for a much better feeling and review. Many airport hotels and will try another next time through which is quite often.

Staff was quite nice and very accommodating for us when we wanted to eat by the fire with friends in the lobby area as the bar and restaurant had very loud and unpleasant music for conversation or relaxation. Not enjoyable music at all for general listening when dining. Asked for extra blankets and got them quickly.

Weekend Getaway

It is a bit silly but our door was sticky and if it was not for my husband I don't think I could have opened or closed it.

The room and the beds were very comfortable. The staff went out of their way to welcome us and answered all our questions.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Would stay there again on another trip to Windsor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Excellent bed and great food. Staff was very accomodating.

It was a very relaxing stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable.

Upon check in I wasn't given a cookie
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

All the trip was pleasant

Way to expensive for a small hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Way to expensive for a small hotel. I was expecting more for the price

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The doubletree was Very clean and friendly

The doubletree was Very clean and friendly

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Clean

Clean

Would stay again. Excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The shower water pressure was horrible. Just a trickle.

Everything was modern and clean!

Staff very friendly and attentive.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Television reception was very spotty. Overcharged my card. Still working to resolve. Charged more tgan invoices.

Staff very friendly and attentive.

Location, location, location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great grilled wings at bar! Wow. Proximity to car rental return and airport makes this a great location

This was a second stay , we are becoming a regular Because of the consistency of comfort and suppor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Beds are so comfortable! Staff is outstandingly helpful!

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bedroom great size but the bathroom was a shoebox

Just a wonderful hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The restaurant was wonderful.

Clean, clean, clean

clean

uncomfortable bed , no pool

clean

Everything about this hotel,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

value of needed items too pricey.

Everything about this hotel,

Breakfast, large choices

Breakfast, large choices

Excellent value for the dollar

Very friendly staff; comfortable room and amenities.

comfortable stay,great food, close to airport,free shuttle, safe surroundings

great

yes, bed was very comfortable(like a cloud), food was great. very clean, nice sports café,

Beeping noise from truck backing up all night , kept me up...

Truck noise aweful

Beeping noise from truck backing up all night , kept me up all night. Awrful will never stay there again

Over charge on my debit card

Over charge on my debit card

No microwave or fridge in the room

No microwave or fridge in the room

Overall it was a nice stay

The service at breakfast

It had a nice decor

The cookies
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Housekeeping staff. There was no need for them to come in the room at 7am. Our sign was on the door

The cookies

Friendly staff Convenient shuttle bus Restaurant attached

Very nice overall. The 4 police cruisers to arrest a few drunk people was not so great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

4 Police cars at the hotel with their lights on arresting drunk people.

Nice staff.

The pool was dirty.

The pool was dirty.

It was like walking into a brand new hotel.

They had just gone thru a remodel and everything is nice, clean and new. Staff was very nice.

Like it so much going back tomorrow
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Friendliness of staff. Children loves cookies!!!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

bed was very comfortable

POOL WAS NOT OPEN-ONLY REASON I BOOKED HERE-IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTEDON WEBSITE-I WOULD HAVE GONE SOMEWHERE ELSE

bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Heat Pump / AC was LOUD woke me at night trying to...
    • King Room - Disability Access Tub /Non-Smoking

Heat Pump / AC was LOUD woke me at night trying to sleep - I did not expect this room to have this problem

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Place is old and worn.

Place is old and worn. Mold in bath shower.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Wifi free

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

The bartender ( female blond ) did not get her name , was...

Carpets in the hallways 3rd floor stained and worn !

The bartender ( female blond ) did not get her name , was friendly, positive energy flow, and very professional!! The bar food was very good !! Front desk very professional and pleasant!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Location near the airport was good, just what we wanted

Lack of hot water! Apparently a boiler broke down (or something) and the whole hotel was without hot water. The front desk said that the hotel would give us a rebate ( not sure yet what will happen on that ) but it was not what I expected at a Hilton.

Location near the airport was good, just what we wanted

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

Staff in restaurant very nice and attentive.

Pillows pretty poor- you need new ones.

Staff in restaurant very nice and attentive. Manager on duty friendly and efficient. Put me in area away from two groups.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

It was close to where I needed to be.

Black mold in tub, bathroom too small. Iron in room older than me, and cover to water spout missing. Huge ironing board, but old and pad thin. Not impressed.

It was close to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

Coffee was free

Restaurant was expensive.6 dollars for a draft beer too much we were there on a Friday night around 6 pm place was empty probably cause prices are to high food was ok room was ok breakfast was to expensive probably why there was one other couple

Coffee was free

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Staff help answering questions, quiet facility, easy parking...

NOT BAD but a couple of extra luggage carts would avoid delays getting to rooms.

Staff help answering questions, quiet facility, easy parking, grill where we had dinner, great views from window, warm room, huge bed.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

While the room was great, our air conditioner unit...

While the room was great, our air conditioner unit didn't work so after getting settled in we ended up having to move rooms. The staff handled it great but it was definitely a bummer. Otherwise I definitely recommend this as a clean and convenient hotel to the airport. And a great price!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

I definitely enjoyed the comfort of the room.

The food was a bit under cooked and took a little longer than usual, but the bartender did very well accommodating me.

I definitely enjoyed the comfort of the room.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

The convenience of the location and the promptness of the...

The cost of long term parking was not clearly stated in booking.com. It led you to believe it was free for up to 14 days, not the $30 additional money I had to pay.

The convenience of the location and the promptness of the van to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

We needed a location for a very early flight and this hotel...

Facility while clean and confortable is a little tired and could use a renovation.

We needed a location for a very early flight and this hotel was perfect for that. The early shuttle got us to our 6:40 departure without issue. Desk clerks were pleasant.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

It was clean, staff was friendly and accommodating.

Coffee like most hotels was absolutely terrible. The pool was a little small but clean and comfortable

It was clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. The warm cookies were a nice touch, especially after long drive:)

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Alexis at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful.

The food in the restaurant didn't taste great. The burger had a charring on it which left a bad taste.

Alexis at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. She is the reason why I decided to stay at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Staff was very helpful.

The heat,cooling unit in our room at times was very noise.

Staff was very helpful. It was nice to print out boarding pass at the hotel. The room was clean,building well maintained and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

The room was clean, quiet, comfortable.

For a room at this price I expected the cable to work. Couldn't watch game because the picture kept disintegrating and skipping parts. It seemed like they are using WiFi for TV?? Also, the door was hard to open/close and the staff just said it sticks, so pull/push hard. Doesn't that violate a code?

The room was clean, quiet, comfortable. Welcome staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

I liked the location near the airport and the shuttle...

Arrived after midnight only to discover that we did not have a confirmed room. Booking.com had confirmed a double room with two double beds. No double rooms were available so a cot was brought in and made up. Stayed at this hotel the week before and had a good double room with 2 double beds for about $60 less than the cost of this small room crowded room with an uncomfortable cot. Not sure if this is the fault of the hotel or Booking.com, but I am not a happy customer.

I liked the location near the airport and the shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel itself suited my needs.

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.