Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights 4 stars

75 West Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, USA

#6 of 8 hotels in Arlington Heights

Enjoyable Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Getting temperature in room regulated. Also vending machines were out of service the entire stay even after I called front desk. Not much available on cable.

Location and food was good. Beds were very comfortable. Made for a nice stay for business meeting.

Should have kept looking.

There was a wait to check in because there was only one person at the front desk. The cookie they give you has propylene glycol in it's ingredients. There's no coffee or water anywhere in the waiting area. When I asked about the digital key I was told that I didn't have the right Hilton membership; that was incorrect my digital key worked a few minutes after check in. As we walked through the property we seen all the first-floor rooms had Hilton Honors plaques but we stayed on the third floor and there was no mention of extra benefits for first-floor rooms. There was no refrigerator in the room, our view was overlooking a roof, the heater / air conditioner was noisy, no water pressure in the shower, only two bath towels and the bathroom was cramped.

The room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable.

There is some value to convenience.

Initial keys did not work. Shower faucet broke the first time I used it. We requested a higher level room with the reservation, but were placed on ground floor. Housekeeping came to the door 3 times before 11:00am (morning of our planned check out). Needs better coordination with front desk.

Price and location. Walking distance to Denny’s.

Good. Staff very nice!
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Handicap parking full with cars with out handicap tags, parking on Saturday was crazy. When in a handicap room, should be able to park close! Vending machine would only take change, had to go to the 4th floor to get a bottled water!

Bad experience of customer service!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were very unfriendly! Especially kept stressing the fact that I had booked via a 3rd party website. The booking.com page suggested that the hotel arranges for a airport shuttle. I called 3 days in advance to book the airport shuttle. The doubletree hotline agent asked me to drop an email to the front desk mail address. I did that. There was no confirmation from them. After landing at O’Hare, I caller the front desk. He said as I was informing them at the last minute, he could not arrange. I informed that I had sent an email 3 days in advance. After much debating he finally checked and said that my email had gone to spam! Ultimately I had to get there via a cab. Around the same time, my family in US could not reach me while I was in the immigration process, they called the front desk of this hotel to confirm if I had checked in. Again the person was rude and just said there was no one by that name registered! Not being clear if I had a booking but was yet to check in or did not have a booking at all! I guess all this was because I had not booked via their website. Even when I had called them to confirm my booking number, at first pass they could not find my name. Then the agent had asked if I used a third party website. When I confirmed, he was able to locate my booking.

Beds were comfy

Warmest Pool EVER!

The only microwave available is at their snack bar area, near the pool. We were on the 2nd floor and had to walk downstairs and a hallway. It's fine but if you have little kids, it's a trek. Even if y'all had a microwave on each floor somewhere, that'd be helpful.

Bed was VERY comfortable, the pool - OMG the pool - was like bath water!!! It was so warm and amazing, I've never been in a pool with water that warm. I'd go back to that hotel for that alone. :)

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

I will be staying here again in the near future!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They have extremely comfortable beds! I left my favorite pair of earrings there and the staff was kind enough to leave them at the front desk for me. You can't beat the delicious chocolate chip cookies either!!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Great save front desk
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The dirty room on our anniversary

The room had a watery stain on the ceiling the attendant at the front desk was awesome got us a new room with no attitude... Great job

Very nice

Fid not eat there.

Did not eat there.

Friendly staff, very clean, comfortable bed

The shower head was dated and not 100%

Friendly staff, very clean, comfortable bed

unnnnn....
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Hotel shuttle bus from the airport was not availabe. Took Taxi and the driver looks Chinese or Korean asked me to pay $50.Is it normal price?

Ok except for the attitude of the front desk manager
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The atttitude of the front desk manager , the front desk staff junior was good just because we had some doubts he was too much assertive

Yes bed comfy

Very nice hotel

Mini refrigerator in the room. Breakfast to be included in the price.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Free drink not available w/o dinner ;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Free drink not available w/o dinner ;(

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Beds were amazing!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The pool was very dirty, it had so much stuff floating around.

Beds were amazing! The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Okay wouldn't return

The make receptionist that booked us in was very Unfriendly, patronising and rude. Unfortunately he was on quite a bit of our stay.

The bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Inconvenient
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

The shuttle to the airport cannot be depended upon. Run strictly at the hotels convenience.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Bec

The horrible animal heads in the eestaurant

Bec

This place was wonderful so pleasant I will be coming back u...

Nothing everything was perfect keep up the good work.

This place was wonderful so pleasant I will be coming back u guys rock keep up the good work.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Location was good.

Had to try 3 different times before keys worked. They were kind and comp a free breakfast. Wifi never did work. Y fault I didn't find the coffee etc until leaving. Thought for the price breakfast would be included for regular customer

Location was good. Room was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Location near my sister's home

Coffeemaker sucked no fan in ceiling for privacy in bathroom access to outside from our room on end of hallway...should have been door there...not at other end of hall ice machine too far away vending machines were a joke pop machine would take money other machine only had Gatorade should have been orange juice and other stuff like that. breakfast options were expensive

Location near my sister's home politeness of staff

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Very nice facilitys.

Not breakfast included.

Very nice facilitys. Excelent services. Cookies at lobby a great detail. Good shuttle services. Would like a breakfast with the stay.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Clean and cozy rooms.

No breakfast is included, not even a continental breakfast. The hot tub was closed/out of service for our entire stay. We needed/asked for a cot and they said that they did not provide cots, they said it was a fire hazard. The rooms also did not include a refrigerator or a microwave. And lastly, the attached restaurant/bar was very expensive, $8 for a short rail drink expensive!

Clean and cozy rooms. Easy freeway access.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2015

Nice room with plush bathrobes, bed very comfortable.

Hot tub broken! Big bummer since this is MAIN reason we chose the hotel. One little cup of coffee in a single serve coffee maker. No refills or free coffee at reception area?! Wedding party music was very loud but ended at 9pm - thankfully!

Nice room with plush bathrobes, bed very comfortable. Free cookie was delicious.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

For the price we should have had a good breakfast at no...

For the price we should have had a good breakfast at no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

I have a bad back, the bed kept me asleep all night.

I have a bad back, the bed kept me asleep all night. No tossing nor turning due to pain

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Doubletree bed.

Didn't like the appearance of hall ways it has a rude smell and to me a POOR DESIGN of color walls, carpet,...etc..

Doubletree bed. We loved it

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

They are pet friendly.

One of the elevator did'nt work properly and we were almost confined.

They are pet friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

No free breakfast.

No free breakfast. Denied late check out.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

Bar restaurant Had the atmosphere of a Perkins.

Bar restaurant Had the atmosphere of a Perkins.

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.