Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago-Wood Dale/Itasca 3 stars

1200 North Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Wood Dale

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Comfortable and convenient

Breakfast could have been better, although I guess the selection at the buffet was acceptable.

I arrived quite late after a transatlantic flight. The lady at reception made me feel very welcome and made check-in super easy for me. I got a warm cookie and a quite room on the executive floor. This was quite easily the best night's sleep I'd had in a long time. The bed was super comfortable, the room quiet, and warm enough, and everything was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Its was very pleasant......

The eggs were horrible and the potatoes....

The staff was great.......The one lady with long blonde hair was the best she assisted with everything I asked for....

If you use Booking.com you will not receive Hilton points
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff at the front desk was not friendly

Because I booked through Booking.com I was not allowed to use my Hotel membership and receive points for the stay

The front desk was extremely courteous, I will mention Jojo,...

Breakfast menu can be changed on daily basis!!

The front desk was extremely courteous, I will mention Jojo, she helped us a lot.Very good staff, great breakfast and marvellous location make it a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Dawn was amazing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Heated pool was cold and not very clean. Though coffee was available in the mornings, it wasn't attended and was typically empty.

Dawn was amazing. Made us feel like family.

Excellent!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows were a little flat

The front desk staff was excellent. Dawn was very friendly and extremely helpful. The server at breakfast was very prompt and accommodating. The facility was very clean.

Our stay was pleasant, clean room, most of the employees were nice and helpful! Transp was pricey.
    • Junior Suite with Two Double Beds

No airport shuttle. No weekend shuttle to the train station (for Chicago). The maid was 'cheap' with the 'toilet paper'. We kept running out of toilet paper daily and there was no toilet paper replacement. Travelocity did not include breakfast as part of the daily charge (as it was originally requested), too many taxis and it became expensive because is the hotel is too far away from everything. Airport taxi is about $85.00 each way. One nasty front desk employee who was not very helpful (middle age brunette woman). We will not consider going back to this specific facility.

The hotel is very nice. However, it became pricey because we did not rent a car. The shuttle was not available on the weekends for transportation to the train station or to the mall. We had to use an expensive Shuttle to the facility ($85.00 each way). Then taxi cabs to the train station $24.00 each way (about 4 times). We also had to use a taxicab to the nearest mall ($25.00 each way) about 4 times (getting in there and coming back). The hotel staff was friendly, but there was a middle age women (brunette) who was somewhat nasty and difficult to work with (she acted liked she owned the hotel, and was not very friendly). We were going to a graduation (with 3 family members) and the woman not only made us 'wait and wait' to provide an answer to a question, or played 'ignored' or did not want to speak to us and provide good information about transportation etc. Because of this woman I felt not well taken care of appropriately as a customer. However, they had another woman in there (brunette, slender that was wonderful - a greek generation type lady, she should be in-charge in there because she had a gift to treat clients and make them feel good, she also worked the extra mile to make up for the one staff member that was not very nice. All other personnel was very sweet and helpful. The restaurant is very good but expensive for dinner. My agency (travelocity) did not added breakfast (which I requested) to the booking and all the breakfasts have to be covered at $42.00 per day (for 5 days). We felt we should have booked the hotel in Chicago (at a higher rate instead). Overall, we try to tour Chicago and had fun (which we did!). The hotel should check for this nasty women and train her better. A bossy type employee (and a bully) is not good to have in the front desk. My suggestion is for the hotel to put a 7-day shuttle to the train station (back and forth) and also have a car available to take guests to the nearest mall.

My stay at the doubletree was fantastic!!

The only thing I would say is the the hotel is in an industrial area so there isn't much to walk or see as a view.

The staff was very friendly and helpful my entire stay. My boyfriend and I loved how the room was nice and clean.

Home close to relative's who don't have room to accommodate us when we visit.

Have 0 complaints.

The bed and bedding was very comfortable and the room was perfect for my husband and I. We have stayed here about 4 or 5 times now, whenever we come to visit my son and his family, and have never been disappointed with the facility or service.

Would stay here again.

The cable TV didn't have a guide - which is barley a problem - but I don't live in the states so I don't know the channels very well. The wifi was terrible... it worked but it was very very slow.

Room was BIG. Had a mini-fridge. Clean (carpet was a little sticky in some spots but someone probably spilt a drink or something, I didn't really care). Breakfast was good.

It was nice, clean and the staff was extremely friendly.

I didn't like the fact that breakfast wasn't included, the hotel was nice but not very big.

It was nice, clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Hotel was in an excellent location.

The beds are super comfy and the staff was friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The toilet did not work all the time, it would run all the time and you had to pull the chain up by taking lid off and their outdated menu in room for dining was disappointing.

The beds are super comfy and the staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

My new favorite place to stay

I do wish it wasn't so expensive, because I would love to stay here all the time. The complimentary breakfast was a little confusing- I couldn't tell if we were allowed to eat certain things or not.

I have never received better customer service than I did with my stay here. Sandy at the front desk really was a breath of fresh air- good customer service still exists! I loved my stay. The pool was very nice. Breakfast was great. This is my new favorite place to stay.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

This is the best spot if you plan a trip to Chicago and don't want to be crucified financially.

It was perfect. Loved it.

My partner and I had a wonderful time. The cookies were fire! The hotel staff was very courteous and JoJo the acting manager was freaking awesome! We are totally making this our spot when we venture to Chicago. Thanks DT!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Bad Customer Service!

The desk lady named JoJo did not accomodate any of my request she said it was because I booked with a third party. She gave me a hard time when I was checking in. That was my first and last time at that hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Dawn was the front desk worker when we arrived.

I wouldn't change one single thing!

Dawn was the front desk worker when we arrived. Absolutely fabulous! On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, Customer service was a 20! Morning buffet was THE BEST! All fresh and homemade. Never had such a great hotel stay in my life. Free warm cookies, heated pool, nice fitness center and business center.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great business hotel with modern and relaxing facilities

Brekkie not included but despite that , good menu

Beautiful room & facilities with a lovely view across the lake , a very welcoming lobby area with modern stylish furnishings , bar and grill is very good with good choice of wines .

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Super breakfast with fresh made products

The only thing that could improve is the noisy airco

Super breakfast with fresh made products The staff in this hotel is the best!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

very nice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the elevator was almost too far from my room

Front staff is very kind. the room is very quiet . so i slept very well.

Perfect for our stay before an early morning flight.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Perfect for our stay before an early morning flight. Plenty of space in the room for the baby's travel cot. Loads of parking spaces.

The staff was very friendly and helpful

Location was very isolated

The staff was very friendly and helpful

It was clean and comfortable

It was clean and comfortable

The water in the swimming pool was dirty (pcs of cigarets.
    • Junior Suite with Two Double Beds

The water in the swimming pool was dirty (pcs of cigarets...)

Clean modern rooms, and a very comfy bed.

Clean modern rooms, and a very comfy bed.

The get away
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast seemed cold. All on all it was a good experience.

The pool

Disabled parking was close to room.

Lounge was terrible. The actual bar was just a shelf. Pool was old. No hot tub.

Disabled parking was close to room.

Great place. I will be back

Very clean

Good business hotel not too far from the airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was spacious and bed soft Good breakfast with freshly made eggs Friendly reception

Nice and quiet accommodations for our stay

Breakfast not free

Friendly personnel

Good hotel but bad location
    • King Room - Disability Access

Difficult to find. Far away from everything.

Good parking and breakfast.

Good but could be better
    • Junior Suite with Two Double Beds

The pillows were terrible.

Friendly service
    • Junior King Suite

Friendly service

No complaints from me :)
    • Junior King Suite

Easy to find parking. Kind staff. Perfect sized rooms with a comfy bed & pillows as soft as a cloud. & Also a great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

All around just a sad stay
    • Junior Suite with Two Double Beds

Tv in the bedroom didnt work. No hot tub. Ice cold pool. To much chlorine in the pool. Holes in celiing. Breafast was poor.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

I liked the design and the cleanliness of the room.

The shower needed to be re-caulked, it looked a mess. The jacuzzi was out of order , the pool was over crowded with young children.

I liked the design and the cleanliness of the room. The bed was comfy and the hotel has a nice quiet atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

I enjoyed the pool.

Hottub under maintenance.

I enjoyed the pool. I enjoyed my stay very quiet and beautiful scenery.Great smell in the rooms clean sheets.Very organized humble but very nice staff will stay again in the future.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The place was rated as a 4 star hotel but I would only give...

Read above

The place was rated as a 4 star hotel but I would only give it a 2. There was a lot of mildew in the bathroom and a lot of chipping paint and unfinished repair all through the hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2015

Convenience of being close to work.

Booked through a third party that gave receipt excluding taxes. Hotel charged with taxes but couldn't give me a receipt. Never settled! Couldn't give my company a correct receipt to get reinbursed.

Convenience of being close to work. Room was nice.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

We enjoyed the daily breakfast, restaurant and bar on site.

The shuttle service does not run Friday-Sunday and only certain hours through the week. On the website site it states "Shuttle service." We had to Uber to the Metra or O'hare to the Blue Line. This can add up when your there for a week. The front desk messed up on our check in and we had a hold on our spending money.

We enjoyed the daily breakfast, restaurant and bar on site. It was nice to relax in the hot tub and swim. Our bed and pillows were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

The front desk attendent and manager was nice.

My room had an odd smell and was a little out dated. The bathroom could also use some touch ups, the caucking around the tub was very cracked. Not too appealing to the eyes.

The front desk attendent and manager was nice.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

Just wanted to point out I work in the hotel industry and I...

Just wanted to point out I work in the hotel industry and I loved my interaction I had with Devin, the overnight girl. She is amazing! Just wanted to make sure she is noticed for her hard work.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Staff friendly, room clean, evening food very good

Shower difficult to set temperature correct, bacon on breakfasts was very fatty

Staff friendly, room clean, evening food very good

• Reviewed: 8 February 2016

friendly staff always helpful,

a little remote,

friendly staff always helpful,

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

The breakfast was wonderful

The hotel was under construction

The breakfast was wonderful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

Ideal for an overnight stay after our flight.

Ideal for an overnight stay after our flight.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.