Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Orange County Airport 3 stars

7 Hutton Centre Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92707-5794, USA

#11 of 19 hotels in Santa Ana

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Ok not impressed .I was under the impression Doubletree was better. Treated better at a motel 6
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Check in process Needs to be less rushed . Amenities and services should be mentioned .They have hidden parking feesI was not aware of and was told of while checking in.... WHAAAAAAT

Cleanliness was great. Receptionist never explained amenities nor services available. Check in felt like a production line. Felt rushed and as if I didn’t matter.

The price doesn’t meet what we want it’s not satisfying...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I ask for a luggage loader to load all my family stuff but the worker say it’s use there no more. When I was done loading I saw the luggage loader on the side of elevator hour later when I step out I still see the luggage loader there...When I call service for a luggage loader again to check out they don’t have any on hand, so I hand to carry everything up and down about 3 times...service cleaner for the room is not clean there still dust on the counter top and on the carpet and the bed is not comfortable and not clean...Over all the customer service was very very poor I give them 0 star. I never ever want to return to that location again...

The restaurant I like good food and friendly service.

Absolute disappointment
    • Non-Smoking King Room with Lake View

This was our worst experience during our 3weeks long stay in US. Hilton name should keep some standards but this was just awful. Room smelled with urine! It was damp and the sheets felt humid... When we put AC on it was even worse with the smell and you felt like you had helicopter in your room. It was so loud that it was impossible to have it on and the window was unopenable! No wentilation at all. Well if it was not that late I would definitely change to hotel immediately. We woke up tired, with headache and sticky. Never again

Nothing. Well, the front staff was nice but I will never stay there again.

eh
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

tv was pretty small and could only be seen clearly from the bed closest to the door. also the light in the console did not work so i had to use my cell phone flashlight to make my coffee. yes, i could have called and asked for assistance but it really wasnt worth the effort, i mean it wasn't important like having extra pillows so i could basically build a fort of comfort. i've never stayed in a hotel in which the staff and guests share an elevator, it was...different. the luggage cart, i believe the property only has one or two was quite the commodity, i was injured before leaving for our getaway and my husband is ill, for the two of us to lug our things from the car and get them from the front to our room was difficult to say the least. apparently some guests stow the cart in their room until check-out. assistance was never offered, not even the valet's gave us a hand.

the two women working the front desk the morning we first got to the hotel to drop off our luggage were much more concerned in their conversation than in assisting us in checking in. one of the women was named Jasmine, i did not get the other woman's name, unfortunately. She, Jasmine was short, abrupt, and bordering on rude.this did colour my review as it soured my overall stay. the valets were very polite and nice. the gentleman who attended us had a bit of a rough start, as he did not come to the passenger side to open my door, he instead went to my husband's side and got the keys, my husband akwardly handed him the keys, walked around and had to open my door. when we went out a few hours later he remedied his earlier error and made sure to open my door first and assisted me into our vehicle. i needed to get change later on in the evening and went to the front desk, a different young woman was working the desk. she was very polite, smiling, and made sure to ask if there was anything else she could do to make my stay more comfortable. She even gave me another delicious cookie which they offer their guests upon check-in. if not for the excellent housekeeping staff, who were polite, courteous, helpful, smiling, and overall just amazing, my rating would have been much lower. the same is to be said about the the restaurant staff. though we did not eat there they were very polite and courteous, with excellent demeanors. when i called room service, very nice, cheerful and informative. the prices were reasonable too. our room was very clean, the beds super comfy, even the pillows were pretty spiff, i was very close to asking to purchase a couple outright. our view was unfortunate. the pool and spa were both clean, though i was surprised to find out the pool was not heated...or perhaps being so close to closing the heater had been turned off.

Will definitely stay again.

The pillows definitely need to be better, because of that, it caused for a really restless night's rest before our long drive home.

Front desk was awesome at check in. Bed was super comfy and the room was very spacious. And plenty of towels in the bathroom was definitely a plus. And definitely the cookies were a plus...Thank you.

Had higher expectations of this hotel, it was fine but a few issues means we wouldn't stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very thin walls - we could hear the conversations of the people next door. We asked to switch rooms to one with an empty room next door Wifi wasn't working Expensive valet so we decided to self-park but it costs the same to even park yourself

Delicious cookies upon check in Good little gym

Pleasant
    • King Suite with Two Bedrooms

The restroom and shower area need more wardrobe hooks or hangers to put your clean clothes on especially if have a suite, when there is more then 2 people. Also need more parking, and need more accessible plugs or USB ports for today's devices to charge them

The quietness of it, with a freeway and airport nearby you could not hear any noise I felt relaxed and rested in the morning. Thanks

I requested a room with a walk-in shower for my handicapped...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I requested a room with a walk-in shower for my handicapped sister. We went to 3 rooms before they gave us one with that facility. Not great for her to be walking all around.

Perfect!

I liked that staff was very professional and took note of your needs. Answered all questions we had. The gal that helped us last name Moreno was awesome. My parents seemed confused as to what to do and she noticed their confusion and asked what did they need help in or what were they looking on doing. Thanks!

It was great!!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough cream and sugar in the room had to go to the restaurant for more coffe got cold by the time I got back

Housekeepers very friendly and polite they went out of their to help us with our needs

The staff was very accommodating.

Booking.com absolutely screwed up my reservation even though I had a valid confirmation number emailed to me.

Even though Booking.com completely misplaced my reservation, The actual hotel found a room and honored the original rate.

Rude and up noxious receptionist .
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rude and up noxious receptionist . Didn’t show any customer service skills nor bothered to try any. That guy is SHAMFULL for the hospitality industry.

First I’m not sure why Booking.

First I’m not sure why Booking.com put the smoking room option when the hotel doesn’t have one it happened couple of times and because of that im almost stop uesing this website, the hotel didn’t have a 2 glasses didn’t have a 2 cup for caffe and the bed was toooooo small and i blived the didn’t cheng anything not even the sheets so nasty and bad condition

I didn’t like how we got charged $150 for “smoking in the...
    • Non-Smoking King Room with Lake View

I didn’t like how we got charged $150 for “smoking in the room” which we didn’t. We only went up to our room for 15 mins to put our luggage away then left to the store. Came back and we were locked out our rooms and charged without any notification! That was very unfair and I take it very offensive. It was an act of discrimination & racism!!!

DONT STAY HERE! Waste of money
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had to pay for parking, $13 a day! Rooms were very dirty, found a hair brush that didn't belong to us. Bathroom smelled like mold. The staff couldn't even smile at anyone.

Air conditioner made noise
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was making a lot of noise in the room provided. And had to go through a lot of trouble to get my room changed; which did not help either as the other room also had a similar problem of the air conditioner making a loud noise when switched on.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Rude staff
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was so rude when we arrived. We pulled up in our car to the valet parking because we needed to get out and check in. The gentleman just looked at us and asked what we were doing here. We replied and said we need to check in where do we go, etc. thinking that he would help us out with the process since we had not been here before. He didn't, he was vague and barely helped. It was 3 of us young women and neither one of the valet men offered to get our luggage out or even go get us a trolley for our luggage. So after doing it all ourselves, we then go inside to check in. The girl at the front desk was so rude. She didn't even greet us or have a smile on her face. Looked like she hated her job or maybe just didn't want to be friendly to us. No one at this hotel was accommodating in any way. I expected a lot more from this hotel like simple hospitality. Especially since this is a hotel by Hilton and I have stayed at Hilton's all around the world. I was very disappointed and I will not return to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Nice hotel overall

I prefer quiet rooms as I am a light sleeper. The room I got was facing highway. So it was not that nice during the rush hour (but was OK other those hours). Also I have to turn off the fridge. One thing I really don’t like was the venting fan. I couldn’t find a way to turn it off and it was really noisy.

Decent location, clean room, nice staff.

Not worth my money
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The picture frame would rattle against wall every time a door shut next door or something. Too much light in the room even with curtains closed. Bathroom wasn't clean and only one coffee cup. No one told us about the breakfast.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Great location, but don't expect service of a REAL DoubleTree Hotel
    • Non-Smoking King Room with Lake View

Service was not up to par of a DoubleTree. Valet did not approach our car, did not offer to assist in unloading the vehicle and did not offer for help to our room. The last valet clerk hung around for a tip, odd considering he didn't really do any service other than fetch the car-no greeting and no thanking, so no tip.

The location is prime. Price per room on a weekend is also decent for the location.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

There was no parking and still had to pay for it.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no parking and still had to pay for it. There was a huge spider in our room and they wouldn’t do anything about it.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Customer service top notch, rooms were good size and clean,...

Everything was awesome

Customer service top notch, rooms were good size and clean, price and location

Feel cheated
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Paid extra 30% to room rate for one day wifi and self parking,that wasn't mentionrmed or notified It is rediculous to pay $11 for one day wifi

Everything was great.

Everything was great.

Nice Comfortable little place in a great location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location was great my room was very clean Jessica was wonderful checking me into my room, Definitely I’m going back

Staff was amazing!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was amazing! We really enjoyed the stay.

hotel list in hotel website every single room have mini...

hotel list in hotel website every single room have mini refrigerator and hair dryer poor service next time i stay difference hotel

I love it

No fridge

Nice facility and quiet

Parking sucked

Parking sucked

The view.
    • Non-Smoking King Room with Lake View

My coffee appliance did not work and my shower was turned off so hard I could not get it on. Had to call maintenance.

The view..

The stay was good great location
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room did not have a refrigerator

Staff was great

Great, peaceful and secluded

Clean, Accomodating

Great first time experience!! This will be my stay Every time we visit California!!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Sofa

Hidden parking fees

Very comfortable with spacious rooms in great area

Ok place overpriced plus you have to pay for parking
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to pay for parking

Near airport

Comfortable

Overall good experience

Paying for parking

Very friendly service

Friendly staff very clean
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Sofa

Friendly staff very clean

The amount of money you pay for what I got is not worth it

Food

Staff was friendly

good location

No internet and charge parking

good location

comfortable hotel
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

location ,and very nice staff.

STAFF AT FRONT DESK WAS VERY RUDE.!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff member was very rude, and embarrassed me, in front of my wife for a simple request I made at the front desk...

Room was nice.

Fair enough

No microwave in the room

Mattress are comfortable

My stay was good, comfortable.. clean.. good location.

Surprise charges.

I liked the comfortable beds and cleanliness.

Room was clean, double beds were comfortable

Breakfast buffet price for the items offered

Room was clean, double beds were comfortable

Parking cost was too high

Parking cost was too high

The access from entrance to rooms quick
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is a parking fee I don’t like that

The access from entrance to rooms quick

Bed was comfy
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Surprise costs (parking), really small room, no mini bar! Confused the two double tree's, thought we reserved the other one.

Bed was comfy

Cookies

Cookies

It was very comfortable and felt like home.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was very comfortable and felt like home.

Parking is not free that sucks
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The deal they didnt give my free breakfast

Nice area

Check-in staff was excellent.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very loud due to proximity to freeway. In room heating/cooling unit is quite noisy as well.

Check-in staff was excellent.

Parking fee $17.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking fee $17.00 per night....extra money I spent...

Very enjoyable.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wished there was free WiFi for all guests and not just for club members.

Complimentary cookies and daily room cleaning

Overall it was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That the maid wouldn’t stop knocking on the door and it wasn’t even check out yet.

I waited on hold for 20 minutes at the airport, trying to...

I waited on hold for 20 minutes at the airport, trying to get them to send the shuttle, other than that all was good

Our Experience was amazing!! I booked for one night but had last minute change of plans and had to r
    • Non-Smoking King Room with Lake View

The lake view was Awesome!!

The area
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That I have to pay for the parking $17 USD per day!

The area

Great hotel to stay

Loved it all!

The bed were very comfortable

Front desk staff rude !
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk staff rude ! Never at the desk.

Bug bites after stay

Bug bites after stay

Good
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Good

Good.last minite booking the room rate high

Had better stays here
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They forgot to clean my room leaving room service left overs. When I mentioned it was still not cleaned.

would stay again

very local

Courtesy shuttle from the airport :)
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms may be a little outdated, but still ok for the money.

Courtesy shuttle from the airport :)

Too short

Limited parking spaces.

Friendly staff

Daily parking fee $11

Nice
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I love this hotel i will stay there any time. Frontdesk personal was professional and friendly love it.

Every minute was a pleasure

Nothing to say

Location, the view and the beautiful decor. Made it easy to enjoy every minute.

Stains on bed sheets

Stains on bed sheets

Illusions in this town
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

I don't understand why these random towns feel so privileged , overpriced, overrated like everything else here

My Easter

I did not like that you had to pay for wifi

I did not like that you had to pay for wifi

Found big chunks of lashes on the pillows and bath tub...
    • Non-Smoking King Room with Lake View

Found big chunks of lashes on the pillows and bath tub filled with black dirt

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Would stay again

Had to pay for parking.

Room was great, bed was very comfy