Reviews of DoubleTree By Hilton San Diego Hotel Circle 4 stars

1515 Hotel Circle South, Mission Valley, San Diego, CA 92108, USA

#184 of 231 hotels in San Diego

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The pool area was wonderful and so in the cookies.

Adding additional cost with telling the customer until arrival. Stated it was part of their policy. But yet it was not mentioned anywhere in my contract.

The pool area was wonderful and so in the cookies. Until I did not eat in the restaurant their drinks were out of this world.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Large room size.

Shower very old style, would like to have had a walk-in shower. Front desk staff not always responsive to requests. Parking Spaces in garage were extremely narrow. Corners very very tight.

Large room size. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

I would stay here again

I really disliked the parking structure. Hope they someday improve the structure of the building.

I really loved the location of the hotel. Enjoyed how helpful and welcoming the staff are. Very clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

To start off, when we 1st arrived at the hotel we were unaware of the $22 a night parking fee. Which is ridiculous considering there's no security So I'm not sure what we would be paying the 22 a night for. When getting to our hotel room everything was nice until we went into the bathroom and noticed hair all over the bathroom sink. Then we sit on the beds and notice their hard as a rock! We didn't complain then because we would be late for our baseball game so later that night when we were about to go to bed we layed down And the pillows were flat as a board! My fiance went down to the front desk and asked if we could change rooms and have different pillows because this was ridiculous and the guy said there was nothing he could do Except bring us more flat pillows. Let's just say me my fiance did not get any sleep that night because you were so uncomfortable. The next morning we went down and talked to a different person and he also said there was nothing they could do all their beds and pillows are the same which is ridiculous for how much they charge per room! I've stayed in a $100 a night Hotels before and they had better beds than this. The guy did make up for it by giving us 2 free buffet breakfast and took off both parking passes for the 2 nights we stayed. We ended up eating at the buffet that morning the food was alright but definitely not worth what they originally charge which is 18 per person!!!! Or you get the continental breakfast for 12 which is still crazy! Needless to say me and my fiance will never stay here again and never at a double tree by Hilton ever again. We rarely get to go on vacations so this was a big disappointment, other than that our trip minus the hotel was great.

Loved the place!

only downfall is its off the highway but you can barley hear it so its not that big of a deal

The first thing I noticed was how clean the place was. Then when we checked in the staff was friendly and helpful. When we went to our room the first thing off the elevator was the cleanliness again and it smelled so clean .. the whole hallway .. I like the fact that the rooms have little balcony's . I would stay here again for sure!

Wasn’t up to the standards I was hoping and won’t be visiting again

Bar nd waiting staff were terrible , service was extremely slow , one afternoon my food came out cold after waiting 50 minutes for it and they told me other costumers took more priority than me at that moment of time ! Also at checkout they told me everything was fine the proceeded to get my bill wrong nd charge my card an extra €600 unknown to me only for me to find out when I’d left the property by checking my account balance ..

Pool area , jacuzzi , room

Cheap price but rooms are in need of update.

Room seemed "heavily used". Lamp shade was broken in multiple places and hanging incorrectly. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but clearly someone who smoked stayed in the room before. Maybe they didn't smoke IN the room, but they could have smoked on the balcony, or it also could have been from the smoking area in the parking lot 20 yards away, and the smoke blowing in. Either way - the room smelled like smoke and it was nasty. I didn't complain because I have had the experience previously where they send a house cleaner up to spray aerosols to mask the smell --which just comes back in an hour anyway since it is in the curtains, carpet and upholstery.

Staff were helpful upon check in and bed was very comfortable. Good selection of TV channels is always good. Happy Hour was adequate.

OVERALL HAD A GREAT STAY!

I HAD SEVERAL ROOMS EACH ROOM HAD SOME KIND OF BATHROOM PROBLEM, EITHER WITH THE SINK OR BATHTUB SHOWER. FOR THIS HOTEL RESORT TO BE BY HILTON IT IS OVER PRICE FOR ALL THE ISSUE THEY HAD WITH THE PLUMBING. I THINK THE BATHROOMS NEED SOME UP DATING RIGHT AWAY. UNDER THE WALLPAPER IN THE BATHROOM HAD MOLD GROWING.

THE FOOD SERVICE WAS ON TIME. THE POOL AND HOT TUB SPECIALLY THE FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT SATURDAY NIGHT OUTSIDE BY THE HOT TUB WITH GREAT POPCORN WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE. WE MEET SO MANY NICE PEOPLE. WONDERFUL!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

not staying here again

Parking here and the hotel entrance are very poor. NO space and very crowded narrow parking garage

room was good size and pull out couch great for the grandson

The morning brunch, was all I can say was a plus.

This place did not exceed my expectations, especially for the price, I was not pleased with the conditions of the room. After I complained about the room and it's conditions, they offered me a new room.

The morning brunch, was all I can say was a plus.

Excellent!
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

Good beds! Bunk bed was nice with two lamps. Waited 15 minutes for room cleaning and got 3 free breakfast coupon. Swimming pool was great with fire setting!

Will not return.

I had booked months in advanced called and asked was parking, breakfast, and a sofa bed included they responded yes. Upon arrival it was 22 a night for parking per car in a garage not even connected to building.

Location was next to where i was going to be daily

Good but could be better if they hired a Bell Hop!

There is no Bell Hop!! You have to lug your bags all the way to your room. Their luggage trolley is also out of condition. I had stayed at the Doubletree at LA and there was a friendly bell hop there.

Location is excellent, rooms are clean and the facilities are great.

Probably wouldn’t stay there again

Dated and not clean

Facility was very dated, need new luggage carts and need staff to be more courteous in their responses when someone points out their equipment needs to be replaced!

Hot cookies when you check in

Old and poor facilities. Rude staff on our first night. We found the sofa bed faulty and broken and no one took any action until the next day when the moved us to another room, but I didn't sleep on the first night and after a long drive.

Hot cookies when you check in

San Diego Stay

Their outside lights for the name of the hotel were out, which made it difficult to find the property at night. Also, the lady who checked us in didn't explain where the various amenities were until I asked.

Good maid service and polite employees

The food was good

Seemed to be very run down. Air conditioning did not work in restaurant. Swimming pool was dirty and looked like it lacked attention. Overall looked like a place that was preparing for renovations.

The food was good

Poor experience, dirty hotel, badly managed

Hotel,is not very clean, carpet in the halls are disgusting, food, drinks and trash all around, the guests also does not help to much, very unpolite not a good frequency of people. Cleaning of the room not good, first day our room was not cleaned, shower not working and bathroom clogged, really ?!?!? Second day bathroom was fixed, but the hotel had no towels, we were four people and could not take a shower, although we complained a lot nothing happened, we just got towels in the next day, they collected our old towels and did not replaced it, botton line we planned to stay five days and left after four, will never stay there again, avoid this place....

Good hotel location, close to Little Italy, beaches, zoo, easy to drive around.

Not the best Doubletree

Property was noisy! Too many kids and guests lacked respect for those that don’t wake up at 6:00 am. Parking was ridiculously tight. My car got dented as a result. Charges a $22 daily parking fee, when you literally have to drive your car everywhere since nothing is in walking distance. Wedding reception at the hotel was loud and guests were loud, drunk and obnoxious in the lobby. Yelling things like “Smoke weed everyday”. Staff didn’t seem to care.

Location was close to freeway and Old Town San Diego was a short drive

comfy pillows but needed more

Found the lock on my room taped so it wouldn't lock. Refrigerator wasn't cold enough, but it was switched out quickly.

comfy pillows but needed more

Disappointed.

Given wrong room, walking into strangers in their bed, awkward, frustrated, time consuming. Too noisy, loud conversations heard very clearly late in the night from next door.

comfortable beds, parking.

Same as above

Did not clean the room neatly No towels on 2nd day , 2 adults and 1 kid only 2 small shampoo No conditioner and lotion included , not complete no refill of coffe on 2 Nd day all are in.complete...overall I’m. It satisfied of my stay .

Swimming pool

BAD AC / OVERPRICED PARKING

with ample parking there they charged for parking and it was a high price. and the parking spaces were small so if you have an SUV be prepared for it to get dinged up. also the AC barely worked in my room.

the pool was nice.

Awesome, relaxing and fun.

I did not like the 22 dollar parking fee. I feel parking should be included.

The bed was super fluffy the room had an amazing view. I used a third party booking and I love the double tree kept their end on every one of my requests (pool view room). It took everything insidr me to not drop our plans and stay in the hotel!! I am definitely coming back.

When I arrived to check in, I waited 7 min before anyone at...

When I arrived to check in, I waited 7 min before anyone at the front desk acknowledged me standing there only to he asked “Why are you here?” When I said that I was checking in, I was told that they would get to me when they had a chance. I waited for another 12 min before I was helped. There was no one else at the front desk at this time. The room had an odor and the AC didn’t work. When I called to report, I was told by the front desk that I would have to deal with it for the night.

The customer service was amazing!

The customer service was amazing! Room was clean and smelled like lavender. Stayed on the 7th floor with great view with comfy queen beds. Located close to sea world and downtown.

Not comforting at all felt so weird in there also rooms were...
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

Not comforting at all felt so weird in there also rooms were not what the pictures showed So tight and small for a family suite also the floor was non smoking and the whole floor smelled like weed ! Check my room was not ready for an hour later but the staff did not offer nothing basically come back in an hour totally suks when your traveling with a family

Everything was amazing but the customer service definitely needs improvement.

The check in experience was a pain. We arrived right at 3 when Check in was but our room wasn’t ready. The lady who helped us was not considerate at all. We had to wait about 30 min then had to ask for a different room instead of her doing her due diligence to get us checked in as soon as possible. Bad start to the trip.

I loved the king suite; so comfortable with tons of space. Also loved the pool and jacuzzi area. The on site restaurant was also very affordable.

The room we stayed in was really big and plenty of space.

No free wifi had to purchase it. The premium wasn't great for gaming and it would disconnect way to often.

The room we stayed in was really big and plenty of space.

Worst experience I’ve ever had at a hotel.

First and foremost, the guests have to pay $22 a night for parking. Secondly, there’s a $150 deposit on incidental charges, just in case you want something extra. You haven’t asked for anything, but they charge you just in case. They also put erroneous charges on my credit card and blamed it on not knowing the new system. Speaking of new, the hotel is extremely old and our room smelled of cigarette smoke. Also, there were people who looked like they lived there, like one of those motels that charges by the week.

Service was not as fabulous as I thought, I am not sure if I will stay at Double Tree again

Rudy at the reception was rude. My husband and I had to come down 3 times from the 7th floor because our key wouldn’t open the door. And then Rudy told my husband he didn’t speak Spanish, and he suddenly spoke in Spanish to the housekeeping lady. The housekeeping lady ended up bringing a functioning key to us to open our bedroom door, because Rudy couldn’t get it right the first 3 times.

The balcony and the pool. Room service

The stay was iver all disappointing and we will choose another place to stat next time

The property has not been kept up. 22$ a night for parking in addition to all the ither charges. Housekeeping did not refill the coffee for our second day. We could not use the jacuzzi because it was filled with childen. The floor we stayed on smelled like marijuana. The rooms next door had children in it and they were very loud until late into the night.

The beds were comfortable.

Loved the fire pit by the pool and the convent location.

The pillows were too soft and uncomfortable. The balcony view we had was the walkway behind the building.

Loved the fire pit by the pool and the convent location. Everything was within ten minutes of the hotel.

The building looks nice

the building is old some rooms are hot and never cools down breakfast was expensive and never advised they would be adding a large group service fee to check

The building looks nice

The suit has a separate room with bunk beds perfect for a...
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

The pool was not heated. Several times the pool had no towels. One of our rooms was hot and even set at 60 it never cooled down also smelled like bug spray. The other room was perfect. The hotel looks like but is old

The suit has a separate room with bunk beds perfect for a large family

Stay was just okay

The second night we had some sheets in the bed that had a blood stain on them. Parking lot is really narrow for cars. The trees were over growing so if you wanted to look over the balcony you would only see trees instead of the view.

Staff were friendly.

Friendly staff

The room carpet had small stains in them all over and even the lampshades had tiny stains on them, it looked like makeup foundation.

The queen beds plus a pull out couch bed and the balcony.

Would definitely stay here again. Staff was friendly, great location, and the pool was relaxing!
    • King Family Suite

We came here for our Anniversary. They sent up a complimentary water (since I'm pregnant and can't drink champagne) with a few snacks and a sweet card. It was so thoughtful!!

It was not good very expensive 75 dollar a day refundable room fee and 22 dollar parking fee

Reserved a handy cap room did not have a record of one so first night regular room second and third nights handy cap room air did not work moved us from the first floor to the 17 floor to another handy cap room no walk in shower room had a bathroom which I could not use. Only had two handy cap parking spots in the front of hotel test were s distance away in a parking structure. And with a broken foot had a heck of a time walking that far

It was a wonderful clean hotel in a convenient location.

The only complaint I would have is the pull out bed was insanely uncomfortable. You can feel the springs pretty bad. Luckily my little ones who were sleeping on it were light enough it didn’t seem to bother them. We will just have to make sure to get two queen beds next time.

It was a wonderful clean hotel in a convenient location.

Split family room om
    • Queen Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The room we stayed in did not have good air circulation. Half of the room was cold while the other was hot. Also no nightlight feature in the bathroom for kids. We chose a family room.

Hotel itself was nice. Well maintained and friendly staff.

We loved the vibes, the music at the pool, everything! Very clean and for the fst tm no smok tru!!:)

Continental breakfast is 11$ a person! (Coffee, oj, bagel) But I get it, there is a restaurant:)

Staff was friendly and accommodating:) no a/c, but balcony with sufficient Breeze! Beautiful stay-will be booking next month!

Never again

1. Very noisy. I could hear TV next door and doors slamming. 2. I was charged for parking 3. I wanted an early check in an was told that a room was ready but it would cost me $25 4. Tub is in terrible shape. Needs replacing.

Expected more from Double Tree.

Carpet was wet (felt like it was recently shampooed). The a/c or fan did not work. Room was stuffy. I opened sliding door momentarily but didn't feel comfortable as room was on 1st floor. Only reason I didnt asked to be moved was because I arrived late and was exhausted.

Front office staff friendly and helpful.

Poor

Everything was Horrible from parking to room condition. I arrived to check in the staff took 20 minutes to even greet me as well as other guests who came down to get bottled water as he was on the phone with customer who asked about food in the vending or room service there was no “welcome” or “be right with you” once I got checked in I asked if I could park up front due to limited parking (I didn’t know I.T was extra parking) he proceeded to insinuate that I was lying rather than having no knowledge of other spaces and told me No and to keep looking. Once I finally parked, after scratching up rental trying to turn in the tight parking area I went up to my room Upon inspection restroom was unsanitary and food from prior guests were still around. I asked for a refund which I did receive but here I am now looking at my bank statement and I have been charged a whopping $300

We needed more blankets and linens due to the amount of...
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

We needed more blankets and linens due to the amount of people we had in our room. They said they didn’t have any extra in the whole hotel. I found that very hard to believe. The staff was condescending and I would never stay here again!

A nice hotel and a good location but parking should be included at the prices charged for the stay.

The bathroom sink was slow to drain (possibly clogged) and the water in the shower wasn't diverted totally to the shower head but quite a bit of water came out from the spout below.

Bed was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and professional and the grounds were clean and new.

Charged me $295 as a deposit (total of 610.

Charged me $295 as a deposit (total of 610.76) when my receipt only showed 312.76. It took 5 days to get my deposit back after calling over and over again. I will never stay at another doubletree or Hilton again.

Looking in my checking account saw a cancellation fee of...

Looking in my checking account saw a cancellation fee of $100 for a room in San Diego. Booking.com is the only app I have used but I never booked this and booking.com had the worst customer service. Said I couldn’t cancel it without a booking confirmation or pin #, but how could I if I never received confirmation. Rep suggested that I call my bank and say it was fraud. Now I have been waiting a couple of days for my new debit card since no thanks to booking.com I had to cancel it, and then have to go into any site or subscription I have and input my new card # when it arrives. I had to go to the bank to take money out all because booking.com did not want to make an effort to help. Worst customer service ever

The atmosphere and staff were great.
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

There was no microwave. Other than that, everything was perfect.

The atmosphere and staff were great. Despite being close to the freeway, it was very quiet and the TV’s were HUGE.

Beware of the intruding maid service

There maids do not understand do not disturb sign they keep coming in my room even left a note that said we noticed your do not disturb sign but came in anyways and cleaned went and talked to people at desk and another laid said that the maids walked in and seen her naked my friends were staying also said maid tryed walking in there room 3 different times so this hotel charges for everything and there is no feeling of safe can't leave stuff in your room cause the maids come in and out when they want and it becomes a he said she said will not stay again

I stayed at the days inn the first nite and personally I rather stay there

Great trip and great hotel. Would love to stay again!

Towels at the pool were not stocked the 2nd day, both times we went out.

The TV in the room was great, and the pool, hot tub, and firepit were fantastic!

Had a blast.

The parking kinda sucks. It can be tight trying to go to a higher level.

I like the warm chocolate chip cookies. I loved that it was in the middle of everything 15 minute away from downtown at 8 minutes away from the airport. I had a issue with the toilet and they came less that 5 minutes to fix it! Thanks!

A great way to start our the New Year into 2018

The rooms were very clean, and they had a excellent breakfast that they gave to us for free. Because the hotel was overbooked on rooms. They acknowledge the overbooking without having to say a word. They have us free parking for the days we stayed at the hotel. Because we got bumped from our King size room, do to the over booking at the hotel.

Our three days stay in Double Tree hotel.

Shower diverter only divert small half of the water and tub drainage is clogged badly. Also one day AC is too hot to fall asleep, and there is no Temp control to adjust.

Location is great. Outside fire place is great

Clean room comfortable bed

A bottle of water upon check I won’t hurt ... bottle water only for Hilton honor member while we know water in not expensive at all

Clean room comfortable bed

Never again.

Everything. Worst stay ever. Was suppose to stay 4 nights and checked out after one. Will never stay here again. Horrible service. Terrible parking.

Free cookies.

Horrible

My room cause was dirty the hotel was under construction so things, where very loud. Our room heater was not working had it turned on for two hours and my room didn't get warm, keep in mind at night it was very cold. Went down stairs to tell the front desk and they said the had no more rooms it was all booked up. Was the worst stay I had here so far. Should've just stayed at the crown plaza. Oh yes don't get it confused on site parking is$22.00 extra.

Beds that's is about it

While convenient in location and occupancy did not feel it was worth the expense.

Cleanliness of the facility, comfort of the beds, no free WiFi service provided, either lower fee for parking or a more secure parking facility

Staff at check in and check out were friendly and professional.

I didn't like that I wasn't informed about the extra...

I didn't like that I wasn't informed about the extra fees that were going on the tab after the room. I thought when I booked that it was an all inclusive stay meaning parking and breakfast would be free. If I would've know I was going to be spending over $50 extra I wouldn'tve booked this stay. I most likely won't be staying at Doubletree anytime soon.

grade : F

There are no hair dryer inside. Our Actual check in time is 3:00pm, but we have to wait until 4:00pm for the room cleaning is over. We request the nice view but they gave me such a bad scenary view which is hidden behind the next building or something structure. Sum up everything, They gave us a terrible service. Except for their free brekfast, offering for the compensation by our long time waiting for the check-in.

Comfortable and huge bed for two people.

Not very inviting, staff was less than helpful. The room served its purpose, to sleep only.

Parking fee was not included in Booking.com. I learned of the parking fee after I arrived to the hotel. Also, our room had absolutely no view. We were staring at a wall outside our hotel room. My impression was that your hotel gave us the crappiest room because I got a discounted rate through Booking.com. We booked our room on a Sunday night (off night). I believe there were plenty of rooms with a view that could have been given to us. Also, when I researched the hotel room on line, I noticed that it said that continental breakfast was included. When I secured the room with my payment, the continental breakfast was not inckuded in the booking. When I brought this to the attention of the hotel employee checking us in, he advised that there was nothing he could do. My overall impression of the hotel was that the staff and the hotel’s association with Booking.com puts customer service second not first. Finally, the mattresses on the beds were way too soft.

Location of hotel. Near Aan Diego Zoo, our vacation destination.

Great location for Mission Valley right next to the freeway.

Rooms are a little run down, especially the bathroom. Parking garage was very strange and a little dirty as was the parking elevator.

Staff was very friendly.

I’ll never go back there again.

The place was dirty, so dusty that the dirt stuck to the surfaces making them gritty. The cleaning ladies came into my room while I was out even with the DND sign on the door. The walls are so thin you can hear every movement outside the room. Parking was absolutely horrible, not worth the 22 a night they charge for parking there. At all. It’s the worse place I’ve stayed in in San Diego to date.

Location and air conditioning is the only positives at this place

Uncomfortable and pricey

The toiled had permanent stains in two rooms, the carpets had brown and yellow stains and patches, the bed covers were dirty and towels were stiff and old, very bad location and high priced.

Location and view and size of the room

Things could be a little bit more organized
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

My checkin was a nightmare I couldn’t be found I wanted to have someone else pick upc my keys that was a hassle

The rooms were nice and clean I love cleanliness

Excellent and lovely

Nothing bad to say. Enjoyed it all

The bed was like clouds the shower was great and bath, loved the site and will now book only to stay here when myself and husband want to get away. The balcony was best as well.!

Over all it was good other than those 2 issues.

The smoke in our room from the smoker's in the lobby was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! EXTREMELY loud kept waking us up but that is not your fault i understand that.

The staff is Awesome!! Excellent customer service!! Definitely a Ten!!!!

Staff was very good
    • King Family Suite

Very crowded very noisy slamming doors slamming at all hours Inside housekeeping staff very good Outside dirty Pool dirty hot tub dirty

Staff was very good

Overall it was good.

Room is in need of remodelling. Carpet, painting and such shows it's age.

The location is great close to every thing in San Diego. The front desk staff was great, very helpful with check-in and local information.

Way fun and super close to everything!

The only thing that was a little weird was people would order room service and then put their Trays outside their room and we saw one tray sit there all day. No one picked it up.

The bed was super comfy, the tv was big, there was a nice desk and couch to cut at.

Overall I enjoyed my time there and I loved the room service I had.

I didn’t like how tight the parking lot was. I also didn’t like the fact that there were no good views for the rooms. The location of the hotel is surrounded by other hotels, a freeway and a mountain.

I loved how friendly the workers were and I loved the room and the look of the hallways. A very nice hotel.

Good hotel with pool, hot tub, outdoor fire, very helpful staff, nice rooms. great restaurant next door “crust kitchen”. Good central location. Reasonable rates.

Stay elsewhere maybe

The parking fee is ridiculous at 22.00 a night. The water pressure for the shower was a nightmare. Paper thin walls. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant was also pricy at 18.00 per person, not worth it. Wouldnt stay there again

It had a decent pool

The cost for parking per day, it was a little pricey.

The cost for parking per day, it was a little pricey. I also didn't like that it was never mentioned on booking. com that there would be a $75 deposit per day put on my card.