Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC – Crystal City 3 stars

300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202, USA

#29 of 68 hotels in Arlington

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Hotel Service was exceptional! The only sad thing is that the next door guest was smoking and shouting, slamming the door many times till after midnight..I should probably report it, but it was too late at night...

The property has a great team on each level and the service they provide is superb! I felt welcomed and treated with care by every single member in any aspect! Thank you, all!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The ac went off in the middle of the night the tv lost signal. There were guest making loud noise during the night teenagers running and being very loud after 11pm at 4 & 5 in the am. Very bad sleep due to noise & no ac. You have to pay to park your car. I’ve never had to pay at a hotel to park my car. Since there was no ac & tv they took the parking fees off.

It was clean.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

There was hair on the counter of th bathroom, and the vent inside the shower was full of dust. Our view was of a building under construction and a pool filled with brown water. I am a Hilton gold member and was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

My floor was extremely noisy. We were right by the elevators and people were being very loud after 11:00. Rude. Also the daily parking rate was excessive.

I liked the cleanliness and the comfort of the bed. The staff was also very helpful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Check in process took forever. Staff very slow to respond to requests (if at all), and SKydome service was slow and rude.

The facility is beautiful, clean, and in a great location for sightseeing the DC Area

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

We were unaware that it cost $37.00 per night to park your car. We thought we were getting a good deal but after parking, it wasn’t any cheaper than other hotels. Also, the cafe was very expensive to eat at.

It was very clean and comfortable. Rooms were in pristine condition, pool was very nice.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Room furnishings. They feel outdated and old compared to Red Roof Inn. I had higher expectations.

Great location and access to surrounding attractions!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Room was large, clean and comfortable. Great location and a regular shuttle to the Metro and airport. Guest laundry on site was a bonus. Staff were lovely. Service in the restaurant was a little slow but our overall experience was excellent. Would definitely recommend.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was beautiful, our toilet flush handle had disconnected so we had to fix it ourselves but not an issue. Wish we could have stayed longer! PS: When I booked through booking.com apparently our information was not in the system, after the front desk talked to their manager they were able to secure us a room that we booked within minutes. Thank you again!

• King Room - City View

The ac wasn't working well ; they sent someone out immediately. And it started working but after a hour or two it got back warm in the room ..

The bar area /restaurant & and the view from the room .

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The shuttle only goes every 20 minutes. Every 15 minutes would be better.

Great service at the front desk, the Sky Dome is amazing! The beds were comfortable, and we enjoyed our stay

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sheets were stained inside the room and receptionists did not endeavour to apologise for that.

Overall it was a good stay. The pool and the restaurant services were excellent.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Water leaked from the hotel window which soaked the window curtain and carpet. Kept us up all night. Hotel was generally very noisy, may be because it's an older building. Contacted staff the next morning and we were moved to another room. Staff was great and very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I wish I wasn't charged $37 for a one night self parking stay. The dinner in the lobby restaurant was good however pricey for small serving sizes.

The beds were very comfortable, the room very clean. The warm cookies, a nice touch.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Free airport shuttle. About a 10 minute walk or $6 uber ride to the mall that is super nice. $6 uber ride to the monuments and $11 uber ride to downtown DC. Great location. Super clean. I would definitely stay again.

• King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The best part of my stay was the shuttle service. It ran from 5 AM to 11 PM. With stops at the airport and the the mall plaza/Metro. Having this amenity allowed us to visit DC as early as we wanted and make as many trips back to our hotel. SkyDome Restaurant is well worth every penny as the view is spectacular!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing was I wish the shuttle to the airport ran earlier. We cut it close.

Everything was great. It was a short stay. We enjoyed the bar with a glass of wine. Purchased water and sandwiches for the next morning at their kiosk/grill. We have an early flight so no time for breakfast.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

My girls loved getting a cookie and being able to swim inside because it was way to cold outside. I loved that my girls had a really great time on their vacation and that everyone was super nice.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Since the entrance is right in the middle of a road, it was hard to get in with a car. There were some trucks and cars parked in the entrance so we had a little bit hard time finding the entrance and get in.

The room was really clean and comfortable. It was a pretty big business hotel. I recommend it for business trips. You will have a great experience. The bed was also very comfortable and fluffy. Really liked the quality of amenities.

• Standard King Room

REALLY NOTHING, It was a last minute booking and we were quite pleased

THE ROOFTOP RESTAURANT WAS DELIGHTFUL, UNIQUE EXPERIENCE. FOOD WAS DELICIOUS TOO.

• Standard King Room

I did notice that there was only 1 washcloth. Other than that I was pleased.

The linens were clean & the bed was very comfortable. The room service was fantastic & the food was fresh & tasted good.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

My wife and I got in early (around 8am), I was really tired and asked if I can do an early check in; without hesitation, staff offered me to to do an early check in with a $20 upgrade to a suite. I thought that was a really nice gesture from the staff, given that the earliest check in would be 1pm. Kudos to Aaron and the other guy in the front desk who checked me in.

• Standard King Room

The bed was wonderful. Everything was great ! We had drinks in the lobby at the bar one night and our bartender "Alami " was fantastic,. Had dinner in the Skydome. Best chicken I ever had . Would definitely go back to the doubletree

• King Room - City View

The price for what you get. You pay well over 300 dollars for one night and get nothing you have to pay for breakfast which is way over priced 21 dollars for a buffet and it is nothing special its the same as the free breakfast you get at the hotel down the street they just make you pay for it you have to pay for parking and you pay extra for a city view you don't get. Ive been to way cheaper hotels in the same exact area and got free breakfast, free parking, and a better view of the city for half the price. And I hope your not paying extra for the room because it is no nicer than any other room ive been in same bed, couch, and tv set up so if that's where the extra money is than y'all missed the mark.

• King Room - City View

There was nothing we’re to park during checki in they had cones in all the parking spaces at the entrance and cars were bottled neck waiting to pull up at the curb.

• King Room - City View

Food typical expensive hotel fare.

The room was amazing, spacious and the bathroom was to "die for". We also loved the balcony. I would come back to this hotel every time if I could have that room. We have stayed all over the world and this room was one of the best ever. It was also convenient to nearby Pentagon City with loads of shopping and restaurants. The view was spectacular. All in all great value for the money!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

There was no microwave in our room when we got there. It took them half an hr to deliver the it. The other room has the same problem plus there was no fridge. The parking space is so tight and not worth the money!

i didn’t drink their coffee

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The pool area was very dismal. Cold water, no hot tub (which would be wonderful for all the exhausted sightseers), VERY loud. Using the key card for the elevator was such a hassle! 👎🏼 The expense of everything inside the hotel was outrageous. So disappointing to feel like doubletree is nickel and diming their “valued” guests for every possible dollar. From the vending machine to the gift shop to the $40 valet parking - which I wasn’t aware of when booking the room. Our room also had a refrigerator that didn’t work. I told the front desk right away and they assured me there would be a new one brought up to our room right away. For the two days that we were there, no refrigerator was ever delivered. Coming from MI, we had perishable food items, so we had to fill the refrigerator with bags of ice to prevent it from spoiling. The bath towels were positioned no more than 4” from the toilet bowl. Every time the toilet was flushed, spray got on the towels - very unsanitary!

The size of the room was nice and spacious.

• Two Room Suite with King Bed and Living Room

Parking was terrible. Twenty mins looking each time only to find nothing. I found on street parking two blocks away. Inconvenient. Tried to use valet but line was long and a valet told me that there were no spots left for valet and I should try parking lot. Of course found nothing again so looked on the street. Non hotel guest should not be allowed to use lot or hotel needs a better solution.

Helpful, friendly staff everywhere you went in the hotel. Dinner in Skydome was superb! Food, service and VIEW fabulous. Location great for walking to mall and other places of interest. Close proximity to Regan airport.

The check-in was really late, 5:00 pm. And we had to wait for a long time at the reception for the room. Then, they gave us ONLY ONE of the two reserved rooms. So disgusted!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The beds were a weird size and too soft. The breakfast was more expensive than as advertised. Not to mention that it was definitely not worth the price. Parking is ridiculously expensive, which is strange because this hotel is not in the middle of DC. If you can find parking elsewhere close-by go for it. It was also quite difficult to find parking underground as well, it was almost completely full. The internet was spotty. Between the insane price for parking and the absurd price for the less than desirable breakfast, this really is not a value.

It was clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds are really double beds, could not sleep two people comfortably. We upgraded to a king with sofa sleeper for the kids. They could not sleep in it, it was that bad. Requested comforters, were given one with holes.

• King Room - City View

I requested an early check-in & late check-out. Was able to check in early but was never told if I was granted a late check-out. I asked at 10:50 a.m. on check-out day & was told I couldnt have it so had to rush to get my belongings out of the room.

Great bar, a lil overpriced but great staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Travelled for a birthday trip to DC and the everything was perfect. The airport shuttle was very convenient and we enjoyed being transported to the airport, pentagon mall, and metro station for free. The room was comfortable and the hotel was clean. The check in attendant was very nice and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again.

Breakfast is sub-par compared to similar hotels. Food options are limited for the price. Food quality was poor in my opinion. Guests should have free parking.

Comfortable bed. Great location for my needs. Front desk staff work efficiently and are welcoming.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

5 enquieries to get extra blankets for the beds never payed off... Fawlty Towers came to mind when we went to bed, too late - and with only two blankets for the four of us...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

When I checked in my card was ran four times. I had to deal with management for the majority of my afternoon "4 hours or so" disputing this. When I checked out I was over charged by $150 which I then had to dispute again with management. In both scenarios there were other guest dealing with similar situations. This is unacceptable and down right "dirty buisness" practices.

The location in Relation to restaurants and the mall was perfect. The hotel van runs every 15 minutes and will drop you off at the mall/airport only.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room service not only was outrageously expensive but the food was terrible. We were very disappointed and the manager we spoke with about it was less than happy to make things right. Will never order room service again.

The front desk ladies were super nice, checking in and out was very easy. The room we had with a balcony was beautiful and you’re right by the airport so you could see the planes pretty close. We had a microwave, coffee machine, refrigerator, updated bathroom. The bed was very comfortable.

• Standard King Room

The room walls a very thin and you could hear everything people in the next room were saying even though they were talking in a normal tone. We changed rooms and had the same problem.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Arrived two hours prior to checking, sat in lobby. While waiting, noted the bartender at the lobby restaurant/bar was very helpful to many people asking questions about the local area and transportation,

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The unexplained extra cost of parking thats not mention in deal of room stay .

Staff was AMAZING Christion was AMAZING.... He was VERY attentive... An CSR WAS OFF THE CHART

• King Room - City View

Pool was closed, and bathroom did not have a make-up mirror.

The Skydome resturant view, geographinal location to the Metro, and the friendliness of staff.

• Standard King Room

The pool was closed when we got there even though it was supposedly opened when we booked our stay which was our main reason for going there.

Love love love the SkyDome restaurant, the staff members were very friendly and welcoming

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Rooms are in need of an upgrade. Surfaces including the ice bucket and glassware were covered in dust. The entire floor (7th) including the room smelled of dirty mop water. Beyond the aforementioned, the shuttle from DCA never arrived as scheduled. Even in the 5 mins it took to get an Uber, the shuttle bus never came. It suffices to say that this particular experience did not meet my expectations based off of past experiences at DoubleTree properties in other cities. However, for the money paid, it wasn’t terrible.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. From the parking attendant to the two different gentlemen at check in and check out, the staff was very helpful and efficient.

• Two Room Suite with King Bed and Living Room

Asked for a kitchenette when booking. With a full sized refrigerator and a stove. Got neither but was assured there would be one in the room. Also, was supposed to receive breakfast with my reservation but did not receive it

The staff was very helpful and courteous

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

It was cold. The food was overpriced. The parking was overpriced. The room was average.

The hotel room view was beautiful. The skydome view of the city was excellent.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff did not mention that there was a parking fee which I feel is decency to let your guest know. When I confronted them I was told it was posted on their website, however it does not seem ethical to simply let the guest know regardless before giving them a parking pass.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Surroundings. Construction sites all around the hotel.

Helpful staff. Especially concierge Joseph. Thanks for your help for buying BigBus tickets after your shift.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking fee is kind of high.

Location was close to DC without being in DC. It's also walking distance to shops, stores, CVS, and Starbucks. The rooftop lounge is awesome!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

amount to pay for parking and the lack of space always had to ride around at least 15 mins just to find a spot once we returned to the hotel

we were offered and upgrade for our room and also had an issue with the location of our room front desk immediately took care of situation would stay here again

• Standard King Room

Staff is especially friendly, helpful and professional. Eunice at the front desk recognized me as a returning guest. Given the size of the hotel, such recognition is special. The rooftop rotating bar was nice and also the hotel was conveniently located and within walking distance of some good restaurants and the office I was working at while in town. You can see the Washington Monument, Pentagon and the Capital dome from the rooftop bar (or your room if you are in the North tower).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Parking garage was hard to navigate and spaces were very tight.

Room was modern and very clean. Hotel was updated and clean. Easy to navigate- employees were over the top and very responsive. The value was exceptional- expected to pay much higher at this hotel. We will return and recommend to others.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They have the best price on the face, but then they charge you $34 a night for parking. Ridiculous.

The hotel is nice but they nickel and dime you for everything.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I cant think of a single thing.

It is a convenient location. You don't hear your fellow guests. The staff is friendly and helpful no matter the hour.

• Standard King Room

Understaffed, took a long time to check in as there was only 2 staff people. After checking in the room about 5 minutes later we were interrupted by the maintenance people to fix a light in the bathroom. Later same night hotel lost power no staff member announced it, no special accommodations were made nor was any offer for compensating guests instead they kept bar open longer and charged guests for everything. There are too many things I did not like for sure😣

The room itself not so much the facilities

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was free Wi Fi and it worked great on my device. The view was fantastic. It was far enough from Reagan to have quick access to downtown sites and still have shuttle to the airport. Walls solid - there was no sound from adjoining rooms. High end value for the price.

• Standard King Room

Our keys didn’t work to get in & out the parking garage, so we had to keep calling the front desk to let us out.

Hotel was amazing! Stayed for a night for my boyfriends birthday & it was very clean big & a lot to do.

• Junior Suite with King Bed and Sofa Bed

I called the front desk with questions, (was staying on the 12th flr) They do not answer the phone. Hotel is in Arlington VA, 15 minutes from DC.

I ordered room service once. It was very pricey but delicious, so that made it worth it. Pool was clean and lifeguard was pleasant. Skydome restaurant was ok! Make reservations for a good table.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Breakfast was way too pricey, twice what I could have paid walking 2 blocks down the road.

Skydome Restaurant was excellent. Awsome view to the city and good food (I had the duck tacos and some crab croquettes). Staff is very friendly, professional and helpful. The bar in the lobby was nice and the breakfast café was nice too with a very good breakfast. Room was spacious and clean and laid out nicely for both work and some R&R.

Paying for parking, $34 a day. That's high

Staff was very friendly, had to call front desk for someone to come unclog the toilet, someone was at room with in 10mins.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

A lot of noise in the room. It felt as if I were in a small hotel in the middle of nowhere. My room had lots of dirty spots. For the value, the breakfast was poor.

Just the location. It feels that to be treated well we just have to pay more for everything.

• Two Room Suite with King Bed and Living Room

The claimed the booking never went through their end from Booking.com, then gave me a room type I did not request. They considered told me I was lucky to be getting a room at all, and never let me speak directly to a manager. Quite expensive for this runaround and attitude for something that was not my fault. If they do not wish to offer rooms on Booking.com, they can remove their hotel from here.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Hearing Access

We requested a pack n play for my two year old. The one they brought us was disgusting. We requested another one, and they took hours to bring it. The power went out one night. Cold shower one morning. They didn’t come until 5pm to clean our room. No creamer for coffee. Our check out was at 11am and they locked us out of our room at 9:30am with all of our luggage inside the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The entrance from the street is terrible. I actually wondered if it was "the" entrance. It looks mot like a dark back alley in an industrial area parking lot (some more light and some plants could improve it and make it more welcoming). The sidewalks outside the hotel were dirty (there is construction ongoing in a contiguous lot) and this adds to the negative impression given by the hotel entrance. Staff was attentive in general, but late in the evening and early in the morning the was no one at the counter and the concierge and no one answered the phone (concierge and care line). Though installations are in working order and clean, they look as the hotel is to be renovated soon in order to keep pace with the competition. Breakfast is expensive for the variety and quality offered (better value and very good coffee at the nearby Whole Foods).

Comfortable bed and pillows, clean rooms. Not too far from Pentagon City and Crystal City metro stations (and the stores and restaurants around them), two blocks away from a Whole Foods Market. Lower price than other hotels in the area. Very close to the RR National airport.

• Standard King Room

Booked rooms a month in advanced with three other couples we requested rooms next to One another and king size beds and half of us received double beds and we were all on opposite sides on the 9th floor

View was beautiful

• Two Room Suite with King Bed and Living Room

When I first arrive the customer service person wasn’t really that friendly nor did she give me the ccokies that they provide when arriving maybe she didn’t like something about me but I always got my cookies upon arriving the. The faucet in the room didn’t work. And I had mentioned this before when I was there it’s ironic they gave me the same room. I requested they give me some form of discount t next time I was told they don’t but come back and we will give u more bad service I thought to myself I will now not recommend going there again

• Standard King Room

Beautiful hotel right next to Whole Foods and other shops and restaurants. It was a $4 Uber ride to the National Gallery of Art and Smithsonian Museums.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The rooms were pretty small and the double beds were closer to a full size which made it a little tight. Rooms also need full cable access as the lobby does. It would have been great to watch the baseball playoffs from the comfort of our room.

The staff was pleasant and housekeeping was very responsive.

• Junior Suite with King Bed and Sofa Bed

We needed to book an additional night and check in earlier than we had originally planned and when we checked we confirmed we would be checking out three days later. We had a pleasant evening and a decent dinner in the restaurant on the roof. For some reason, the next day, when we returned to the hotel after picking up our daughter who had flown in to the country from overseas, we were blocked out of the parking lot and were also out of our room. The management said we were booked for a much more expensive room and were expected to move. I showed the confirmation emails that I had received indicating our original reservation and finally after a considerable wait to figure out what had happened the manager was called and he was able to override the error. This is the first time I have had an issue like this at a Hilton property without receiving any kind of apology from the management...and not even an extra cookie!

Our initial check-in was very friendly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not like the construction going on outside but I know when the construction is done things will be very beautiful outside

Property was clean the staff was friendly

• Two Room Suite with King Bed and Living Room

There was trash still in the trash can when we arrived from previous guest and you could hear everything from outside the room door way down the hall. Was not a very private stay, kind of uncomfortable.

• Standard King Room

The cafe breakfast buffet is overpriced The underground parking is very limited in height due to all that is hung from garage ceiling We arrived late at night and there wasn’t enough attendants to assist

Room was spacious clean and comfortable

• Two Room Suite with King Bed and Living Room

The cost of parking.... The way how the staff talked about parking you would’ve thought it was included with your room until you check out

The staff and room

• Standard King Room

It was not forthcoming on information such WIFi,and amenities the hotel offer. I 've stayed here before and I were very impressed. However, this time wasn't please

I didn't have breakfast.

• Standard King Room

Language barrier with employees, not good English, but friendly. The entrance seemed like an entrance to a parking garage. Construction nearby. Could not enter hotel from one side, had to walk around block. On booking it was not communicated about a $150 deposit on check in. THE ELEVATORS NEED UPGRADING. Wait forever for an elevator. If I ever stayed again would request lower 3 floors so I could get out in an emergency.

Brunch was great, location good