Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas Campbell Centre 3 stars

8250 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206, USA

#56 of 151 hotels in Dallas

The room was very spacious and the king bed was quite comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant. The meal and our server were both wonderful. The location is less than five minutes to North Park Mall with shuttle service from the hotel every hour.

The whole stay from check in to check out was great! The front desk staff was amazing! He was very talkative and super nice! Would definitely stay again.

1. Bathroom didn't go with the room. The tub needs to be reglazed, there was an outline of something missing on the wall (dirty) But still a great stay. 2. Shuttle Driver- Latino Guy was kind of rude. Acted as his trip to pick me up from the mall was an inconvenience for him.

Room was clean and comfortable. I LOVED the smell of the lobby!! OH, I didn't get her name, but the black woman who checked me in ROCKED, great customer service skills, smiled, assisted with information on the area. Wish I knew her name, but there should be more employees like her.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

There was an extra charge of about $23 I don’t know what it was for I’ve called and left a few messages but no one returns my call Had breakfast Saturday morning The coffee was not good

The room was nice but needed updating

• King Fitness Room with View

I did not like the fact that we did not get the same greeting in the front desk as every one els. Very rude. Not planning on staying there again very bad vibe.

The rooms where very nice, and clean

I was unhappy with my stay dud to the fact I made reservations for a king size bed and to be on a higher floor. It would have be nice to been given a warning thet they could not meet my expectations upon arrival.

The cleanliness of the room as well the comfort of the bed

I wish there was a mirror in the bedroom area for makeup. Instead I have to wait for the restroom to be unavailable to be able to do my makeup in there.

Breakfast was delicious. The bed was very comfortable.

The beds were super comfy and the views were amazing. The staff were very attentive to our needs and over the top friendly. The breakfast buffet was amazing with an open assortment of delicious treats.

The first day we came back from being out we didn’t get our room clean nor did we get fresh towels I went down to the front desk and asked if we could get more , I was in room 515 that room has a tub in it asked if we could change rooms one lady said yes that we would be able to just come down and speak with someone at the desk once people start checking out around 1000 back they were full so I went down around 1030 I spoke with a lady she told me no because I booked with booking.com and not with Doubletree I didn’t like that it shouldn’t matter who I book with I’m still your guess and I’m staying here at your hotel I didn’t make a fuss just told her thank you

Everything was excellent !!! The breakfast was great. Very nice Hotel ,close to everything we enjoy when we visit Dallas. Will for sure be back and recommend to friends and family.Overall a very clean and very comfortable Hotel !!!!!!

The only negative is that the room was rather dark. Even with all 3 lamps on there just wasn't enough light. It really could have benefitted from one overhead light.

Love those cookies!

The bath tub had water standing in it when we arrived... like it had been cleaned but not everything drained out. We fixed it and rinsed the tub and it was fine, but maybe the cleaning staff was in a hurry and didnt finish.

Convenient location, comfy bed, complimentary cookies, Crabtree & Evelynn!

Reserved king room but was given a double instead. Said a basketball team staying at the same time had priority over booking.com reservations. Not right at all.

Loved it and will book here again soon. Roads and access can be a little tricky.

Room was excellent, great view although some rooms may have restricted views due to taller structures built after Hotel was constructed. Ordered from room service and ate Hotel breakfast, both were exceptional, and price wasn’t too bad.

The front desk staff person was very unwelcoming and unaccommodating to our early (2:00) arrival. Most unpleasant of all was the fact that despite setting the thermostat, the air conditioning did not run consistently in the night, and the room was HOT.

The room was large and pleasantly decorated/updated, but there was no mirror in the bedroom, and the bathroom lighting was very poor.

It took them more then 10min to bring up more towels. Other then that it was great.

Everything was perfect. I was sceptical about the price and how nice it looked but it turned out everything we were looking for. The view amazing. Everything amazing

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

When you used the iron in the room it left a fowl odor on your clothes that lasted all day.

The bed was super comfortable. The cookies when checking in were awesome.

The staff was very courteous, considerate and accommodating. I asked for a room away from the elevators and on a high level floor. They accommodated my request. Lots of windows in my room. The hotel is clean and in good shape. The location is very convenient to I-75, Downtown, Northpark, SMU and George Bush Library.

I don't get my Hilton Honors points because I booked through booking.com

It's the closest location to my account. The bar at night was nice. I traveled with my director and he was pleased to have a place to sit at the end of our day and chat. It felt comfortable to do that in the bar area.

When I checked into the room the bathroom was flooded then it took 2 hours for them to fix it snd other room was available. The person that fix the bathroom left the toilet and floor dirty; housekeeping was asked to come and clean,they didn't. Then they came for 3 days and made the beds but still didn't clean the bathroom... they left towels. I called down for 2 days and the front desk said they would call them but they never came. Upon leaving this morning, they had charged me an extra $260 to the $708 total, the desk clerk did fix it. No one offered me points for the mishaps. I will never stay there again. They did give me free breakfast voucher, I'm not a breakfast person...

The bed was awesome! The fruit was fresh everyday at breakfast time.....

Disappointed with room location. We were on the 2nd floor looking out on a concrete rooftop. Not exactly the "city view" I was expecting. Is this the kind of room you get if you book with you for the reduced rate?

price. location.

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

It is a little too far out of downtown area but good value because of that. We needed a later checkout till 6.00pm and it cost us a whole night .

Our room was very spacious and well appointed but it was a mini suite. Restaurant food was very good. Shuttle bus was terrific to take you to nearby shopping centre or restaurants or even the George Bush Presidential Library . - a 3mile radius. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Staff did not smile, were not helpful, stressed out more than we were. Did not tell us of anything the hotel had to offer, or offer any ideas on places to eat nearby.

Loved the beds. Shower was nice, had strong pressure, clean towels.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Undergoing remodeling.

Caroline, the front desk clerk, was the sweetest person I think I've ever met. It was nice to be greeted so warmly. Actually, all of the staff was sincerely sweet. You don't find that many places. Fresh cookies and fruit water at checkin. Room was available an hour early. Fast checkin. Room service spot on. I needed a razor and that was brought up super fast. Our room was amazing. A full two walls of floor to ceiling windows. Perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I wish there was a pool, sauna or a gym.

I really appreciated how clean the property especially the room was! Thank you. I also liked how modern the whole room was! The pictures online where identical :) Room service took care of things promptly which was great thanks. And I didn't feel rushed to get up or didn't have anyone knock my door to tell me they had to clean my room :) thank you. Will visit again!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

I loved everything about the hotel. From how it looked on the outside to you walking in and it looking so prestige and elegant. Staff was friendly the complementary cookie was delicious. Beds were comfy and the room was just great. Will Definitely stay here again!

I didn't like how I received 2queen bed room after reserving a king Bed. Also didn't like how breakfast wasn't included

I loved the bed and the view I had in the room. Also the location was on point!!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the junior suite doesn't have a bathtub and I also didn't like how there wasn't complimentary breakfast.

I liked the comfort of the room overall.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Bathroom tub floor felt flimsey or strange when u step into it. Also bathroom needs a fan or better ventilation.

Service was good and room was newly remodeled.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

I get to hotel I reserved for a king size single. Remind you I booked two daya ahead of my trip. I get there I didn't get what I asked for. The was give a queen size bed and it was a handicap room. Never will I stay there again.

Nothing the room was horrible and bed was so hard.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Unfortunately we were next to several rooms that were occupied by a fraternity and we had to call security up to 3:30 am

Had a nice large corner room that unfortunately faced the afternoon soon and was very warm The staff was very welcoming and the bar tender was very engaging The location was perfect

At one time only one elevator worked. Never heard back from a request I sent to booking. Com.

Location was excellent. Staff was great

No coffee in room. $3.00 charge for bottle of water in room.

No airport shuttle

The dinner menu, the friendly staff, and the beds.

Staff could have been more helpful.

Parking

The pillows are too soft.

The bed was comfortable. Everyone at the desk was very friendly.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Outdated shower and traffic noise

Comfortable bed, location

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

I stayed for 2 nights, but no one cleaned my room after the first night.

The staff was really nice.

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Old elevators that shook a lot, lighting at the bar kept flickering. The beds were not very comfortable.

Very clean and quiet

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice staff and extremely helpful, room was big, clean and very comfortable.

I don't believe we should pay for Wi-Fi anymore.

Beautiful view, great staff, and excellent location next to shopping mall.

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

No swimming pool or whirlpool

Nothing at all.

I liked how beautiful the hotel was. The employees were very welcoming and the room was beautiful

Shades over windows were difficult to operate. Got stuck easily.

Location. Service. Beds were perfect.

The room size

Customer service!

Room was very dark. Needs more lighting and an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

Great location. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff.

More breakfast options

Super clean, decent breakfast, amazing view. Loved the room and the shower was great. Staff was really nice!

Very comfortable bed. Location.

Breakfast is too expensive for what it is.

I stayed at this hotel 5 years ago. All the rooms now have been redone and updated. Very nice.

Over priced rooms, no pool, wrong code for wifi, slow check-in, wrong directions for parking

Great bed, quick elevator, fabulous shuttle driver (Ali)

Front service

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I had asked for a king size bed and did not get one.

Dirty

Notta

The cookies of course!

Old food left in fridge from previous guest

Convenient , comfort , safety .

Like always... shower pressure was lacking. But it's a minimal complaint

Loved the room!!

Nothing could have been better.

Love the warm cookies given at check in, the lady who checked us in was super nice and funny.

Room decor and roundabout windows were great. Easy access to downtown and other parts of Dallas. Ease of parking.

We had an issue with the plumbing in our room.

Great beds.

Excellent service

No pool

The comedy club downstairs

Not all rooms are remodeled and some things are older.

Easy access to highway, grocery store and shopping

Beds were not as firm as I'd prefer but still restful

Enjoyed the restaurant. Location

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Booking.com did not sent my confirmation to the hotel which delayed my check in

Customer service was awesome

Cookie at check-in was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Needs a little updating on flooring in room and tub was not very clean or worn.

Room was great, parking easy

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Loud people somewhere close that kept me awake. Loud traffic noises

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Perfect

Very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The staff is really friendly and nice.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Room felt tight

Pillows were incredible. Loved the view

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The water in the shower kept fluctuating from hot to cold randomly.

I loved the whole room. It was great.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

the bed was a tad on the hard side.

we took advantage of a great rate for the hotel, got and upgraded room with an awesome view (corner room).